NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout RP OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Or perhaps Bronx Zoo?
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Are there any sources of FEV in New York?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Ulls wrote:Are there any sources of FEV in New York?

For the sake of rp, yes
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Ulls wrote:Are there any sources of FEV in New York?

For the sake of rp, yes

So for me is between local Super Mutant horde or Stanton Island raiders... I'll make an app for either or later on tonight or tomorrow

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Ulls wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:For the sake of rp, yes

So for me is between local Super Mutant horde or Stanton Island raiders... I'll make an app for either or later on tonight or tomorrow

Already got the Super mutant horde
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ulls wrote:So for me is between local Super Mutant horde or Stanton Island raiders... I'll make an app for either or later on tonight or tomorrow

Already got the Super mutant horde

No body said you can't have a second one.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Name: Staten Steam Slavers
Purpose: To control New York, profit from slave trade, and kick a dog or two
Hostility(1-10): 9-10, they're slavers, will basically raid and slave, but are willing to trade and even ally if they have to
Rough size estimate: 2,000
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc): Perhaps one of the largest navies in New York and know how to use them, better training than the normal chemed up raider and have a connection to other slaver groups like Paradise Falls and the Pitt. Also have more than a handful of steamships that can work with imported coal. Got better equipment than normal raiding groups from slaving.
Last edited by Ulls on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Ulls wrote:
Revlona wrote:Already got the Super mutant horde

No body said you can't have a second one.

Not saying you can't, just making sure you know Mr. Night Owl
Lover of doggos

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Ulls wrote:Name: Staten Steam Slavers
Hostility(1-10): 9-10, they're slavers, will basically raid and slave, but are willing to trade and even ally if they have to
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc): Perhaps one of the largest navies in New York and know how to use them, better training than the normal chemed up raider and have a connection to other slaver groups like Paradise Falls and the Pitt. Also have more than a handful of steamships that can work with imported coal. Got better equipment than normal raiding groups from slaving.

Where are raider attacks most common? Also, do they have a headquarters, or are they more of a loose alliance of raider gangs?

Finally, are they fans of ambush-style attacks and stealthy assaults of isolated outposts or fans of big, flashy charges against entrenched fortifications and well-protected towns?
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Tysoania wrote:

Where are raider attacks most common? Also, do they have a headquarters, or are they more of a loose alliance of raider gangs?

Finally, are they fans of ambush-style attacks and stealthy assaults of isolated outposts or fans of big, flashy charges against entrenched fortifications and well-protected towns?

Raider attacks are common around the Upper New York Bay around southern Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. They have a headquarters and conquered the other raider gangs by force and their naval superiority.

They are fans of the ambush and stealthy assaults, the more isolated a settlement the better. If they were going to attack entrenched fortification and well-protected towns, then they will send scouts and infiltrators to soften up the target if they can. If their going to go in loud and flashy, their going to do it right.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Ulls wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Where are raider attacks most common? Also, do they have a headquarters, or are they more of a loose alliance of raider gangs?

Raider attacks are common around the Upper New York Bay around southern Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. They have a headquarters and conquered the other raider gangs by force and their naval superiority.

They are fans of the ambush and stealthy assaults, the more isolated a settlement the better. If they were going to attack entrenched fortification and well-protected towns, then they will send scouts and infiltrators to soften up the target if they can. If their going to go in loud and flashy, their going to do it right.

Excellent, they sound like a spiffing source of fresh recruits for the Sons.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Nation(s):
Name: Darin Mott
Human Mutant or Ghoul: Human
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe):
Brief Bio(1 paragraph): Being born in York City, it was already expected for Mott to follow in his father's footsteps and take over the city. Being taught from a young age on how to fight, and subject to many abuses, Mott became cold against many, mainly non-humans, thanks to the teachings of his father. At the age of 16, he was kicked out of the settlement and was told to go with a caravan outside of the city to another settlement. The caravan was ambushed along the way by raiders, leaving Darin as the only survivor and with every raider killed. His cold attitude to others and his willingness to kill caused many others to fear him, and fear was what he was going to use to rule.
Loves(can leave blank): Money, weapons, killing
Dislikes: Anything not Human
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): rifle
Occupation(If any): Leader of York City

Name: York City
Faction(Raider, BOS, etc.): Independent
Hostility(1-10): 5
History(optional): York City was established after the fall of the US in 2077. Created by survivors in 2083, York City was the only safe haven for many after the bombs fell. A democratic system was put in place and anybody who could pull their weight was allowed into the settlement. In 2134, a law was passed by the council, banning all nonhumans from the city. In 2105, the first Mott, Daniel, would use his power in the security force and overthrow the current government with the backing of the military, creating a military dictatorship over the people in the stadium. After dying in 2167, his son, Darin, would take control of the stadium.
Location in NYC: District 4, more specifically Yankees Stadium
Appearance(optional): Think of Diamond City from Fallout 4.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 am

Not so sure about the steam ships. Galleons are more realistic
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:

Well, if a rocket-powered USS Constitution is canon, why not semi-rebuilt steam ships?
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:

Honestly, even galleons are a bit farfetched. If you aren't using refurbished pre-War tech, you're essentially stuck to primitive galleys.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:21 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Not so sure about the steam ships. Galleons are more realistic

Honestly, even galleons are a bit farfetched. If you aren't using refurbished pre-War tech, you're essentially stuck to primitive galleys.

Works for me. Just call them the Staten Island Pirates.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 am

Ulls wrote:

Works for me. Just call them the Staten Island Pirates.

Row row row your boat, gently through the dilapidated city...

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 am

Ulls wrote:Works for me. Just call them the Staten Island Pirates.

With 50. Cal machine gun implements and rocket launchers.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 am

Ulls wrote:

With 50. Cal machine gun implements and rocket launchers.

I would recommend actually making sure your weapons are easy to de-emplace; after all, rowing along in a wooden galley leaves you pretty vulnerable to being sunk by enemy fire, and losing valuable armaments due to what will likely be the somewhat common loss of vessels would not be in the best interests of the Pirates.

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 am

So... did they accept me? Cause you know, it would be impolite to post in IC without that.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 am

Ulls wrote:With 50. Cal machine gun implements and rocket launchers.

I would recommend actually making sure your weapons are easy to de-emplace; after all, rowing along in a wooden galley leaves you pretty vulnerable to being sunk by enemy fire, and losing valuable armaments due to what will likely be the somewhat common loss of vessels would not be in the best interests of the Pirates.

I mean the wooden boats would be armored with armor plates to provide protection from small arms and the weapons are detachable as they would be needed against entrenched areas.

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 am

Ulls wrote:

I mean the wooden boats would be armored with armor plates to provide protection from small arms and the weapons are detachable as they would be needed against entrenched areas.

Yet they are still wooden. What of someone shoots them with heavy machine gun? Or missile launcher? Like you know, supermutants.

Refreshing News:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:35 am

Ulls wrote:

Hmm, that's a bit of a wicked problem. Uparmoring a galley or other wooden surface ship enough to repel Fallout firearms would render it extremely bulky and heavy- I honestly suspect you would struggle to move it with oars alone against wind and tides. That might not be a bad idea for relatively stationary coastal defense ships near the Pirates' base though.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:59 am

I didn't go into huge detail in my post on the nature of my vessels but the three larger warships I imagined as being similar to an ottoman galley with light armour at the front offered by mirelurk shells which should help to improve its resistance against lasers, a major fire risk. As I mentioned they don't have any real artillery right now but I expect the Ramothans have a few mini-nukes for emergencies and I expect that seeing as the plot will result in a general increase in military activity throughout the city they'll try to get some heavier guns. Maybe either a single bow chaser, mortar or Paixhans in the stern (although probably not a mortar is I don't think the tapering design of a galley's stern could withstand the kick of a mortar very well), something like a 32 or 42 pounder, countered by a couple of carronades in the bow, maybe 24 or 32 pounders, then two 18 or 24 pounders on each side. I'll do a little maths and work out reasonable weight ratios later.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 am

Fair enough, do what the Japanese did and make giant ironclads that coats around the Island or are stationary just full of guns.

Though the wooden ones will be small, lightly armored, and meant for raids so they would avoid things like Super Mutants or places that could sink them. If they have to, then they bring in sharpshooters and other long-range weapons before landing.

The main targets of their raids are just isolated or small settlements that they can enslave, loot, and burn down and sell them out of state. Their aren't looking to stay and have a long drawn out fight and avoid big armies or Mutants for that reason.

Sure, that makes sense. I don't suppose you'd be interested in raiding, say, some of the southern settlements to take captives for the Spire? We'll pay well in exotic drugs and luxuries in exchange for having relatively pure human genetic lineages delivered to the Weld unspoiled.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse