NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout RP OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Fallout RP OOC

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 pm

IC: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=425409

"War. War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise." ~from Fallout. Please don't sue.

It is now 2177. Some of you have survived because your ancestors have gained entry into Vaults 391, 243, and 187, all located in New York. Some have been locked out and have had their skin rotted until they were unrecognizable. And the rest had been put in a special experiment called the Forced Evolutionary Virus Program, or the FEV Program, turning you into big green abominations with a blood lust, also called Super Mutants. This is the story of all of you. This, is the Fallout RP.

Nation(s):
Name:
Human Mutant or Ghoul:
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe):
Loves(can leave blank):
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns):
Occupation(If any):

1.NO GODMODDING
2.Listen to op and coops. Op has veto over coop
3.Ask if you can use a real fallout character.
4.If you break the rules 4 times, I will kill your character in whatever way I feel like.
5.Any sexual content will have to fade to black. But you can still swear.
6.Not everyone can be a disk jockey. 5 maximum.
7.Keep any mods out. Real weapons are aloud though.
8.If you don't want to do something on the app, ask if you can skip.

Name:
Faction(Raider, BOS, etc.):
Hostility(1-10):
History(optional):
Location in NYC:
Appearance(optional):

Name:
Purpose:
Hostility(1-10):
Rough size estimate:
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc):

John Griffin
Casper Felix Corduroy
Rosie
Big Joe
John Buxton
Oliver White
Iosef Stamirov
Gregor Strumm
Darin Mott
John Kelly

Raiders
Gunners
BOS
The Republic of Hades
Ramothans
The Red Guard
Sons of Blood and Iron
Silk Trails Company

Valhalla
Ramoth
Shozubaw
Corduroy Tower
Nuketown
The Weld
York City
Stout's Hub

Please tell me anything I should add. I'm open for constructive criticism.

1 is passive. 10 is shoot on site or ripping you to shreds.

Banned:
Fat man
Any automatic explosive gun
Infinite ammo weapons
Always ask first about weapons
X-01 power armor
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 am, edited 26 times in total.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:41 pm

hmm...

Some assistance on my part;
(this was going to be a list of the three vaults mentioned but then I realized that well- the first is 77 and then 93 and - well I thought this was focused on a specific region with the characters being decedents of people from one of the three vaults but that can't be right since 77 was inhabited by one man who went insane)
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Harbertia wrote:hmm...

(this was going to be a list of the three vaults mentioned but then I realized that well- the first is 77 and then 93 and - well I thought this was focused on a specific region with the characters being decedents of people from one of the three vaults but that can't be right since 77 was inhabited by one man who went insane)

Thank you, I will change that
-SHEOGORATH

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Harbertia wrote:hmm...

Thank you, I will change that

OH GOOD hahah I thought for a while that my assumption was incorrect :) I'm happy to have been of some assistance.
Tomorrow is made today.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Thank you, I will change that

OH GOOD hahah I thought for a while that my assumption was incorrect :) I'm happy to have been of some assistance.

Which game was 77 in anyway?
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Name:John Griffin
Human Mutant or Ghoul: Human
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe): Jet black hair with a full beard. Wears military fatigues with full combat armor covered by a trench coat and a Pip-Boy.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph): John Griffin exited Vault 391 when he was 16. Since then he had been helping those in need. When he was 25, he married a girl. 10 years later, she was shot in the torso by a raider. He swore he would do whatever it took to hunt down the men who did this. He has pinpointed their location in Valhalla, the biggest raider and gunner camp in New York.
Loves(can leave blank): kindness, power armor
Dislikes: raiders, gunners, assholes
Hates(can leave blank): kidnapping, cannibalism, racism
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): rifle
Occupation(If any): Mercenary
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-SHEOGORATH

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Harbertia wrote:OH GOOD hahah I thought for a while that my assumption was incorrect :) I'm happy to have been of some assistance.

Which game was 77 in anyway?

The Vault Suit appears in Fallout 3 in Paradise Falls with an amusing holotape XD hahah
Tomorrow is made today.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Which game was 77 in anyway?

The Vault Suit appears in Fallout 3 in Paradise Falls with an amusing holotape XD hahah

That sounds awesome. Definitely finding that.
-SHEOGORATH

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Harbertia wrote:The Vault Suit appears in Fallout 3 in Paradise Falls with an amusing holotape XD hahah

That sounds awesome. Definitely finding that.

NICE :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Name: The Republic of Hades.
Purpose: To seize control of the area and install a nation of ghouls.
Hostility(1-10): 6
Rough size estimate: Around 1,500 citizens. Most of New York's ghoul population is sympathetic to their cause.
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc): The Republics's commanders and few regular units wear black and grey uniforms similar to those of Enclave officers, and are armed with laser muskets and 9mm pistols. The vast majority of troops and support personnel, however, are militia troops and wear everyday clothes with a black sash.

The Republic was created by a group of exiles from the Capital Wasteland in response to the hatred towards ghouls by most denizens of the ruins of New York City. Wanting to establish a safe haven that ghouls could call their own, they seized control of a raider-controlled radio station and began broadcasting pro-ghoul propaganda throughout the New York Wasteland. This began attracting ghouls downtown, and they eventually began annexing nearby buildings and streets, kicking out all human residents to establish the Republic of Hades, using the new Army of Hades to defend itself.

The Republic's core is fairly well protected from Super Mutants and raiders, and most citizens prefer to remain inside the Republic's walls. However, its outlying territories, small pockets of ghouls that have pledged allegiance to the Republic, are often targeted by humans and mutants both for revenge and as easy targets.
Last edited by Tysoania on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Tysoania wrote:Name: The Republic of Hades.
Rough size estimate: Around 500. Most of the area's ghoul population is sympathetic to their cause.
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc): The Republics's commanders and elite units wear black and grey uniforms similar to those of Enclave officers. The vast majority of troops and support personnel, however, wear everyday clothes with a black sash around their waists.

The Army was created by a group of exiles from the Capital Wasteland in response to the hatred towards ghouls by most denizens of the ruins of New York City. Wanting to establish a safe haven that ghouls could call their own, they seized control of a raider-controlled radio station and began broadcasting pro-ghoul propaganda throughout the New York Wasteland. This began attracting ghouls downtown, and they eventually began annexing nearby buildings and streets, kicking out all human residents to establish the Republic of Hades, using the new Army of Hades to defend itself.

The Republic's core is fairly well protected from Super Mutants, and most citizens prefer to remain inside the Republic's walls. However, it's outlying territories, small pockets of ghouls that have pledged allegiance to the Republic, are often targeted by humans and mutants both for revenge and as easy targets.

Faction accepted
-SHEOGORATH

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Name: The Republic of Hades.
Rough size estimate: Around 500. Most of the area's ghoul population is sympathetic to their cause.
Anything Special?(uniform, history, etc): The Republics's commanders and elite units wear black and grey uniforms similar to those of Enclave officers. The vast majority of troops and support personnel, however, wear everyday clothes with a black sash around their waists.

The Army was created by a group of exiles from the Capital Wasteland in response to the hatred towards ghouls by most denizens of the ruins of New York City. Wanting to establish a safe haven that ghouls could call their own, they seized control of a raider-controlled radio station and began broadcasting pro-ghoul propaganda throughout the New York Wasteland. This began attracting ghouls downtown, and they eventually began annexing nearby buildings and streets, kicking out all human residents to establish the Republic of Hades, using the new Army of Hades to defend itself.

The Republic's core is fairly well protected from Super Mutants, and most citizens prefer to remain inside the Republic's walls. However, it's outlying territories, small pockets of ghouls that have pledged allegiance to the Republic, are often targeted by humans and mutants both for revenge and as easy targets.

Faction accepted

Yes! Time to roll out Necropolis 2.0!
The Cold War in 6 words:

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:24 pm

I will make the IC when there is enough characters.
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:48 am

Tysoania wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Faction accepted

Yes! Time to roll out Necropolis 2.0!

Care to make a character too?
-SHEOGORATH

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:50 am

Tag.
Do you think you know me?

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 am

Tag.

Nation(s):
Name: Casper Felix Corduroy
Human Mutant or Ghoul: Ghoul
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe): Wears a "Vera's suit" from fallout new Vegas. Has a "Vault Tec" Pin on the suit. Wears a fedora on his head. He has about as much hair on his head now as he did when he turned, which is not a lot but enough to not need a toupee. Like most ghouls his skin is not in great shape. He still has all his parts though. His eyes are green. He is 5'11 and about 150lbs.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Pre War
1998-2018 (School)
- Casper was born in Kingston Ontario on January 8th 1998. There were 8 people in his home growing up. He had 5 siblings, 3 older, 2 younger, and his parents. His father was a farmer and his mother was a school teacher. When he was 5, in 2003, his family sold the farm to a developer and moved to Norval, Ontario, a small rural community in the middle of Toronto. His father was able to continue farming here in the spring and summer, but would go to attend school in the fall and winter when he couldn't grow anything. Financially concerned, his parents sent Casper to a local public school with his siblings, except for his 2 younger siblings who attended a day care. After graduating in 2005 his father began working for a bank. He would hold a job with the bank for years to come.

In 2007 Casper was 9 years old and was starting grade 4. His father had done very well with the bank and whole taking a cautious safety first view had become a manager in the investment wing of the bank. He sent Casper and his siblings to start grade 4 at Upper Canada College. Some of the classmates he hung out with had parents in the banking world and those connections helped his father keep his job during the crash. Casper spent the next few years at upper Canada college. In grade 9 he went on a foreign exchange trip to Turkey and lived in an English part of Istanbul. He found it interesting and Robert College not to different so he decided to ask his parents to do high school there. His parents allowed it, after some persuasion, and he became a boarding student in Istanbul. He kept in touch with his classmates from upper Canada college and they became government public servants and employees on Bay Street and did well in the public sector and financial sector respectively as time went on. He liked most of his classmates from Robert College as well though, and these classmates did well in the energy sector and the business world as well as time passed. He graduated from high school at the age of 18 in June of 2016. After graduating high school he obtained a scholarship and studied international relations: politics and history, for 2 years.

2018-2048 (US Civil servant)
After obtaining his Diploma in Germany, Casper applied for an internship with the American civil service. He was accepted and began his work with the US government in the fall of 2018. Work that would span many more years. His internship was unpaid and provoked lots of debt, but it was to be with the American Environmental Protection Agency and he was stationed in North Dakota. His role as an intern was a mix of field and office work. Most of the time he stayed inside, filing paper, ensuring fresh pots of coffee, ordered supplies, and helped out whenever he could. But sometimes he was given the opportunity to shadow people and he learned a lot. He internship produced satisfactory results and when he later applied for a job with the US government he was given a job.

From 2018 to 2028, including his internship, he worked with the Environmental protection agency. For those 10 years he was a public servant and was continually stationed In North Dakota. His role shifted over time but whether it was inside or outside he was usually placed on supporting his superiors with the enforcement of government policy as it related to the North Dakotan forests, oilfields, and conservation in general. During these years he started a family of his own and had 7 children.

By 2029 he had risen to a sufficient station that he was noticed by another member in the EPA during an internal hiring investigation. They recognized his work thus far and sent him south to the Northern Texan oilfields. He stayed in the north of Texas as an employee of the EPA for the next 10 years. While living in the north of Texas they lived in a small town, and his oldest kid grew from 9 to 19. In 2038 his 3 oldest children had finished High School. The oldest son went on to become an energy asset management professional, one son bought a ranch where he took care of horses and was a part time mechanic, and his oldest daughter became a Landman.

By 2038 he had spent 20 years with the Environmental Protection agency and was now fairly senior within the ranks of the United States civil service. He wanted to try something new however. Taking advantage of his connections and education he transferred to the department of state. He moved to New York City and shortly after was given his first assignment. The first 2 years he was given easier assignments so that he could get a grasp on his duties as a diplomat. His first year he was stationed in London, Great Britannia. His second year was stationed in Paris, France. During those 2 years he represented US interests on many topics from water and oil, to immigration and trade. 2 more of his kids graduated high school during these years. The first stayed in Britain and became a sailor and later a merchant sea captain. The second graduated in France and went back to America to become an investment banker in New York City. He was then sent on his next assignment to India. This assignment would see him conducting trade negotiations with the Indian government. His final 2 children of the 7 would graduate in India. The first, his second daughter, would travel to Brazil to found a forestry company. The second would stay in India and join the Indian Civil Service Defence branch. After India Casper would spent 2 years in Iran with just him and his wife. There he would conduct negotiations for military troop placements, the Iranian nuclear program, and trade for oil and minerals. After India, he was assigned for 2 years to Canada, his home country. In Canada he represented the interests of the American Federal Government. Canada wasn't a nuclear nation nor did it have a large military force so neither were major points in the negotiation room. Instead he tried to negotiate for trade privileges for oil, water, uranium, lumber, and some metals such as steel. In addition gaining access to the northwest passage for US ships was a major agenda piece for gaining access to new shipping lanes and new oil sources. He wasn't successful for obtaining water or the northwest passage, but he did get the other points. After his assignment in Canada, Casper retired from the civil service at the age of 50 following 30 years of hardwork and loyal efforts.

Now retired after serving in the Civil service for 30 years, Casper ran as an independent for Governor of the state of New York in 2048. He ran as an independent on a fiscally conservative socially progressive agenda. He promised to support increases in state spending for education, healthcare, public housing, and infrastructure. He also promised to help control deficits and reduce the debt. It was a tall order but it was a tall order that won him the election.

Immediately 10% of the budget went to paying off the states debt, and 5% went to the interest payments. 10% of the budget was earmarked for infrastructure to help keep the roads and railroads and public structures like dams in good shape. 20% was earmarked for the payment of school fees and subsidizing advanced education. 25% was used for healthcare such as subsidies for insurance and boosts to Medicare and social security. That left 30% of the budget open. 10% went to build and subsidize public housing, 5% went to tax collection. The remaining 15% of the funds went to other services such as the environment, and the state national guard. The next 4 years of his leadership saw similar budgets. The state debt fell by 40%. The public was Well educated. Additions to the federal healthcare helped see a drop in insurance and a drop in the death rates of the sick. Public housing helped see to a reduction in the homeless population throughout the state, especially amongst the veteran portion of the homeless who were seen too first.

The economy also saw a boost during his time in office. Public spending for the building the public housing put people to work in the cities, and rebuilding roads bridges and dans not only helped get people to work in construction industries, it benefited supporting industries such as the mining industry, the manufacturing industry, the shipping and transport industry, and the financial industry to name a few. The improved transport routes also helped enable faster shipping times in his state which further contributed to the positive times. With more people working, more people paid taxes, and more people had money to spend on non-essentials and the environmental budget helped prepare for more guests arriving at the national parks per year.

Caspers fiscally conservative socially progressive message wasn't about taxing and spending though. Not if it meant increased debt. Instead with his budget under control, he tried to pass legislation to improve the freedom of the citizens of his state in the long term and short term. In the short term he fought for a drug legalization Bill and needle exchange program with the intention being to limit the spread of AIDS, which would hopefully reduce the pressure on subsidized health programs, and allow the people the freedom to choose what they wish to consume while allowing the government more tax funds to fund their projects. For long term benifit, plans were put in place for a reduction of state taxes starting in 6-8 years to accommodate the decreased need for taxation. Casper also took a page from Theodore Roosevelt and tried to keep monopolies from being too powerful, and helped pass legislation that hurt companies that took shortcuts in food safety and helped pass legislation that improved the minimum wage. A few progressive 20th century politicians such as President Theodore Roosevelt (R), 1928 Presidential Candidate and New York Governor Alfred Smith (D), President Franklin Roosevelt (D), and 1948 Candidate Dewey (R) among others helping many of these policies have groundwork to stand on and come to acceptance in the eyes of the public.

After leading his state, and working with the state legislature to try and solve some of the problems of the state, Casper ran for the Senate in 2052 with a landslide victory. After his first term things like the debt, homelessness, poor education, income inequity, and poor healthcare were down and on the decline. Likewise things like income equity, jobs, and private industry were on the rise. Casper would remain in the senate from 2052 until 2057, a full 6 year term. His first year was relatively quite and he joined the industry engagement committee. His first year was mostly spent taking in the different factions, rules both formal and informal, learning about the roles that each person played in the senate, and fundraising. One big initiative he pushed remative to his senate experience was a push for transparency via weekly fireside chats to talk about the state of the nation and what legislation is being discussed and voted on.

In his second year the supply lines he helped set up as governor was helping keep New York insulated, but the rest of the country was feeling the impact of the Texas oil shortage and the resource shortages around the world. Casper started off his second year by fearing that national parks might be targeted for their resources and became the chair of the environmental committee. He became a champion of pro environmental initiatives such as building on energy producing structures such as nuclear power plants, hydro electric power plants like the one at niagra falls and Hoover Dam, and the solar plant that used to be near the Nile river before WWI, to gain further resource independence. He also championed legislation to open up federal lands to resource extraction, while also adding ridings to make companies responsible for damages they do to the land while they occupy it. So they would need to replant trees, or clean up oil spills if they or someone they employee by employment or contract are responsible. These initiatives helped keep the us environment less prone to industry damage while the world is falling apart.

In his 3rd and 4th year with the senate he was a major advocate for defence and veterans affairs. During budget season he advocated funding for military pensions and healthcare to take care of bodily injuries and Shellshock, and funding for new research into better technology to match threats. These initiatives became things like power armour and FEV though the specific research items weren't displayed at the time of the votes.

Caspers 5th year would start in 2055. The resource wars were in full swing between the Middle East and Europe. His first 4 years were spent on more domestic matters such as defence, environment, and taxation. His fifth year would be spent on committees to improve the quality of life of Americans. He rejoined the committee for industry, joined the foreign affairs committee, and joined the committee for the department of energy. As a member of these committees he was strongly in favour of switching US nuclear resources into productive use within nuclear power plants, working with industry to wean off oil and find out new sources for products to be manufactured from, and encourage the world to cool off and avoid all out war. His sixth year would see foreign matters come to the front. Casper would remain with the foreign affairs committee, rejoin the defence committee, join the international trade committee, and form a new committee for the defence against nuclear war. He would advocate for a strengthened Canadian American Mexican alliance, but military occupation would be rejected. He would encourage peace conferences and international resource trade forums. He would encourage the us army to be well funded as long as the rest of the country remained funded as well in vital areas such as health education environment and infrastructure. Finally he would work with industry connections to help establish a way of staying alive if the peace conferences didn't work. Vault-tec would be born not long after and Casper would encourage the other senators to look into it. Casper would run for a second term but despite all his good, the public had suspicions by now from his talk of peace and Canada that he wouldn't stand up for us interests if it meant hurting his homeland.

Having lost the election Casper retired from politics. By now, with 40 years as a government employee he was making great money in retirement income to 6 figure digits. By 2058 he was 60 years old and by this time he was also a grandfather to 21 grandchildren. He stayed retired for 2 years. During those 2 years he learned to draw, paint, make shoes, play cards, and invest his money. He was able to upgrad his apartment to the penthouse of his apartment complex in downtown New York. And he was able to travel the world and visit his family and friends.

After 2 years of relaxation Casper returned to America and contacted his old senatorial friends. He spoke with them of Vault-Tec and not long after he obtained 2 jobs with Vault tec. When the House of Representatives is open he is their lobbyist, to try and convince the house to spent money on glorified bomb shelters. He was at it for years but eventually succeeded in getting the funding. After the funding was obtained his second job was travelling with engineers and investigating the vaults to make sure they are functional as survival shelters. Some were deliberately messed with before or after the inspections as Vault-Tec deemed fit. These inspections kept Theodore in good shape. As the 2070's dawned he was no longer called upon so much and he began to try and see what something non political would be like.

With inspections becoming fewer and farther between he rented a home in Los Angeles and got involved in the American movie scene. He was shown in political history documentaries and he became an extra in some films. With time he took on bigger rolls such as singer or piano player in the background or shopkeeper, these were bigger roles because they had lines. In 2074 he played a safari guide in a movie, in 2075 he found a role playing a Janes Bond villain and a separate role as a voice actor reading books from his collection. In 2076 he released 4 music albums collectively containing 40 songs from the 20th century separated by era: 1910's/1920 1930's/1940's, 1950's/1960's, and 1970's/1980's.

Postwar
2077-2177
Loves(can leave blank):
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): Double barrel shotgun and police pistol.
Occupation(If any): Occupies a home in the republic of Hades. Probably teaches governance of makes shoes from Brahmin hide.
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:40 am

Cainesland wrote:Tag.

Nation(s):
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe): Wears a "Vera's suit" from fallout new Vegas. Has a "Vault Tec" Pin on the suit. Wears a fedora on his head. He has about as much hair on his head now as he did when he turned, which is not a lot but enough to not need a toupee. Like most ghouls his skin is not in great shape. He still has all his parts though. His eyes are green. He is 5'11 and about 150lbs.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Pre War
1998-2018 (School)
- North American
- Attended High school in Robert College in Istanbul

30 years Public servant.
10 - Junior member of the Department of the Environment, stationed in North Dakota
10 - Mid level member of the Department of Energy, Stationed in Texas
10 - Senior level member of the Department of State, Stationed in Britain (1), Egypt (2), France (1), India (2), Iran (2), and Canada (2).

2048-2058 (Politics)
Retired from the civil service and became a politician for 10 years.
- Sat on the Committees for Defence, Industry, and the Environment.

2058-2077 (Vault tec)
Retired from politics at the age of 60 and joined Vault-Tec as a lobbyist.

Postwar
2077-2177
Loves(can leave blank):
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): Double barrel shotgun and police pistol.
Occupation(If any): Occupies a home in the republic of Hades. Probably teaches governance of makes shoes from Brahmin hide.

Accepted
-SHEOGORATH

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Tag.

Nation(s):
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Pre War
1998-2018 (School)
- North American
- Attended High school in Robert College in Istanbul

30 years Public servant.
10 - Junior member of the Department of the Environment, stationed in North Dakota
10 - Mid level member of the Department of Energy, Stationed in Texas
10 - Senior level member of the Department of State, Stationed in Britain (1), Egypt (2), France (1), India (2), Iran (2), and Canada (2).

2048-2058 (Politics)
Retired from the civil service and became a politician for 10 years.
- Sat on the Committees for Defence, Industry, and the Environment.

2058-2077 (Vault tec)
Retired from politics at the age of 60 and joined Vault-Tec as a lobbyist.

Postwar
2077-2177
Loves(can leave blank):
Hates(can leave blank):

Accepted

Thank you. Should I complete the app or would you prefer that I leave it as is now that it's accepted?

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Nation(s): Tysoania
Name: Rosie
Appearance (picture preferred but can describe): She is of average heights and looks similar to most ghouls. Due to hair loss from the radiation exposure of the New York Wasteland, she always wears a short gray wig. Her eyes, like those of the Commonwealth ghouls, are jet black. She usually wears a suit or, if in need of protection, pre-war combat armour.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph): Born in 2061 in Bar Harbor, Maine, she lived there until she turned 16 in May 2077, at which point she moved into a boarding school in upstate New York. She was there when the Great War began and ended, and attempted to scratch out a living in the ruins of the nearby town for several years. Rosie eventually moved to the ruins of Yonkers in 2099, where she settled into a small ghoul community there and opened a small caravan company, the Central Caravan Company. As the organized caravan company in the area, she quickly began to build her wealth with the Albany-Yonkers run and the Yonkers-New York run. By 2155, she was the de facto leader of the Yonkers ghoul community. Rosie began aligning the community with the Republic of Hades, with herself as Governor of the Yonkers community, and fashioned the Republic into a land for ghouls to live and work in peace. Finally, in 2165, she was secure enough in her power to order the movement of the entire community to New York. There, they joined the Republic of Hades and quickly annexed several areas of the city with little opposition.

By 2177, the Central Caravan Company has become the main caravan operation of the Republic and has relocated to the Republic, while maintaining its monopoly over the New York-Albany run and several minor runs in the ruins of the city and several outlying communities. Rosie has become President of the Republic and instituted aggressively imperialist policies to secure the Republic's existence and attract new ghouls.
Loves(can leave blank):
Likes: Ghoul nationalism, caravans, rational economic policies, using military force to achieve her goals.
Dislikes: Humans, raiders, super mutants, resistance to her policies.
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): 9mm pistol.
Occupation(If any): President of the Republic, caravan owner.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Nation(s):Revlona
Name:Big Joe
Human Mutant or Ghoul:Super Mutant
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe): 8 foot 6 inch bulky green super mutant, has a metal mask that covers his face and leather and metal breast plate.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Big Joe, formally known as Joseph Witmore, is a massive super mutant, he doesn't remember when he was changed to a mutant but he was most likely among the first batch of super mutants. One of the oldest super mutants and the largest living one, he enjoys fighting and killing and his favorite way to kill is to rip his opponents head off. He is a brute and carries a Massive Two handed axe, but also carries a Magnum 50 cal which he uses sparingly. He is a loner, never buying into capturing humans to turn into new mutants, he could be said to be the friendliest of the first batch towards humans.

Loves(can leave blank):Killing
Dislikes:Talking to long
Hates(can leave blank):Anything that annoys him
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): Two Handed Axe and Magnum 50 cal
Occupation(If any):
Last edited by Revlona on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 pm

Nation(s):
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe):
Wears a "Vera's suit" from fallout new Vegas. Has a "Vault Tec" Pin on the suit. Wears a fedora on his head. He has about as much hair on his head now as he did when he turned, which is not a lot but enough to not need a toupee. Like most ghouls his skin is not in great shape. He still has all his parts though. His eyes are green. He is 5'11 and about 150lbs.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Pre War
1998-2018 (School)
- Casper was born in Kingston Ontario on January 8th 1998. There were 8 people in his home growing up. He had 5 siblings, 3 older, 2 younger, and his parents. His father was a farmer and his mother was a school teacher. When he was 5, in 2003, his family sold the farm to a developer and moved to Norval, Ontario, a small rural community in the middle of Toronto. His father was able to continue farming here in the spring and summer, but would go to attend school in the fall and winter when he couldn't grow anything. Financially concerned, his parents sent Casper to a local public school with his siblings, except for his 2 younger siblings who attended a day care. After graduating in 2005 his father began working for a bank. He would hold a job with the bank for years to come.

In 2007 Casper was 9 years old and was starting grade 4. His father had done very well with the bank and whole taking a cautious safety first view had become a manager in the investment wing of the bank. He sent Casper and his siblings to start grade 4 at Upper Canada College. Some of the classmates he hung out with had parents in the banking world and those connections helped his father keep his job during the crash. Casper spent the next few years at upper Canada college. In grade 9 he went on a foreign exchange trip to Turkey and lived in an English part of Istanbul. He found it interesting and Robert College not to different so he decided to ask his parents to do high school there. His parents allowed it, after some persuasion, and he became a boarding student in Istanbul. He kept in touch with his classmates from upper Canada college and they became government public servants and employees on Bay Street and did well in the public sector and financial sector respectively as time went on. He liked most of his classmates from Robert College as well though, and these classmates did well in the energy sector and the business world as well as time passed. He graduated from high school at the age of 18 in June of 2016. After graduating high school he obtained a scholarship and studied international relations: politics and history, for 2 years.

After obtaining his Diploma in Germany, Casper applied for an internship with the American civil service. He was accepted and began his work with the US government in the fall of 2018. Work that would span many more years. His internship was unpaid and provoked lots of debt, but it was to be with the American Environmental Protection Agency and he was stationed in North Dakota. His role as an intern was a mix of field and office work. Most of the time he stayed inside, filing paper, ensuring fresh pots of coffee, ordered supplies, and helped out whenever he could. But sometimes he was given the opportunity to shadow people and he learned a lot. He internship produced satisfactory results and when he later applied for a job with the US government he was given a job.

From 2018 to 2028, including his internship, he worked with the Environmental protection agency. For those 10 years he was a public servant and was continually stationed In North Dakota. His role shifted over time but whether it was inside or outside he was usually placed on supporting his superiors with the enforcement of government policy as it related to the North Dakotan forests, oilfields, and conservation in general. During these years he started a family of his own and had 7 children.

By 2029 he had risen to a sufficient station that he was noticed by another member in the EPA during an internal hiring investigation. They recognized his work thus far and sent him south to the Northern Texan oilfields. He stayed in the north of Texas as an employee of the EPA for the next 10 years. While living in the north of Texas they lived in a small town, and his oldest kid grew from 8 to 18. In 2038 his 3 oldest children had finished High School. The oldest son graduated at 18 and went on to become an energy asset management professional, one son graduated at 17 and bought a ranch where he took care of horses and was a part time mechanic, and his oldest daughter graduated at 17 and became a Landman.

By 2038 he had spent 20 years with the Environmental Protection agency and was now fairly senior within the ranks of the United States civil service. He wanted to try something new however. Taking advantage of his connections and education he transferred to the department of state. He moved to New York City and shortly after was given his first assignment. The first 2 years he was given easier assignments so that he could get a grasp on his duties as a diplomat. His first year he was stationed in London, Great Britannia. His second year was stationed in Paris, France. During those 2 years he represented US interests on many topics from water and oil, to immigration and trade. 2 more of his kids graduated high school during these years. The first stayed in Britain and became a sailor and later a merchant sea captain. The second graduated in France and went back to America to become an investment banker in New York City. He was then sent on his next assignment to India. This assignment would see him conducting trade negotiations with the Indian government. His final 2 children of the 7 would graduate in India. The first, his second daughter, would travel to Brazil to found a forestry company. The second would stay in India and join the Indian Civil Service Defence branch. After India Casper would spent 2 years in Iran with just him and his wife. There he would conduct negotiations for military troop placements, the Iranian nuclear program, and trade for oil and minerals. After India, he was assigned for 2 years to Canada, his home country. In Canada he represented the interests of the American Federal Government. Canada wasn't a nuclear nation nor did it have a large military force so neither were major points in the negotiation room. Instead he tried to negotiate for trade privileges for oil, water, uranium, lumber, and some metals such as steel. In addition gaining access to the northwest passage for US ships was a major agenda piece for gaining access to new shipping lanes and new oil sources. He wasn't successful for obtaining water or the northwest passage, but he did get the other points. After his assignment in Canada, Casper retired from the civil service at the age of 50 following 30 years of hardwork and loyal efforts.

Now retired after serving in the Civil service for 30 years, Casper ran as an independent for Governor of the state of New York in 2048. He ran as an independent on a fiscally conservative socially progressive agenda. He promised to support increases in state spending for education, healthcare, public housing, and infrastructure. He also promised to help control deficits and reduce the debt. It was a tall order but it was a tall order that won him the election.

Immediately 10% of the budget went to paying off the states debt, and 5% went to the interest payments. 10% of the budget was earmarked for infrastructure to help keep the roads and railroads and public structures like dams in good shape. 20% was earmarked for the payment of school fees and subsidizing advanced education. 25% was used for healthcare such as subsidies for insurance and boosts to Medicare and social security. That left 30% of the budget open. 10% went to build and subsidize public housing, 5% went to tax collection. The remaining 15% of the funds went to other services such as the environment, and the state national guard. The next 4 years of his leadership saw similar budgets. The state debt fell by 40%. The public was Well educated. Additions to the federal healthcare helped see a drop in insurance and a drop in the death rates of the sick. Public housing helped see to a reduction in the homeless population throughout the state, especially amongst the veteran portion of the homeless who were seen too first.

The economy also saw a boost during his time in office. Public spending for the building the public housing put people to work in the cities, and rebuilding roads bridges and dans not only helped get people to work in construction industries, it benefited supporting industries such as the mining industry, the manufacturing industry, the shipping and transport industry, and the financial industry to name a few. The improved transport routes also helped enable faster shipping times in his state which further contributed to the positive times. With more people working, more people paid taxes, and more people had money to spend on non-essentials and the environmental budget helped prepare for more guests arriving at the national parks per year.

Caspers fiscally conservative socially progressive message wasn't about taxing and spending though. Not if it meant increased debt. Instead with his budget under control, he tried to pass legislation to improve the freedom of the citizens of his state in the long term and short term. In the short term he fought for a drug legalization Bill and needle exchange program with the intention being to limit the spread of AIDS, which would hopefully reduce the pressure on subsidized health programs, and allow the people the freedom to choose what they wish to consume while allowing the government more tax funds to fund their projects. For long term benifit, plans were put in place for a reduction of state taxes starting in 6-8 years to accommodate the decreased need for taxation. Casper also took a page from Theodore Roosevelt and tried to keep monopolies from being too powerful, and helped pass legislation that hurt companies that took shortcuts in food safety and helped pass legislation that improved the minimum wage. A few progressive 20th century politicians such as President Theodore Roosevelt (R), 1928 Presidential Candidate and New York Governor Alfred Smith (D), President Franklin Roosevelt (D), and 1948 Candidate Dewey (R) among others helping many of these policies have groundwork to stand on and come to acceptance in the eyes of the public.

After leading his state, and working with the state legislature to try and solve some of the problems of the state, Casper ran for the Senate in 2052 with a landslide victory. After his first term things like the debt, homelessness, poor education, income inequity, and poor healthcare were down and on the decline. Likewise things like income equity, jobs, and private industry were on the rise. Casper would remain in the senate from 2052 until 2057, a full 6 year term. His first year was relatively quite and he joined the industry engagement committee. His first year was mostly spent taking in the different factions, rules both formal and informal, learning about the roles that each person played in the senate, and fundraising. One big initiative he pushed remative to his senate experience was a push for transparency via weekly fireside chats to talk about the state of the nation and what legislation is being discussed and voted on.

In his second year the supply lines he helped set up as governor was helping keep New York insulated, but the rest of the country was feeling the impact of the Texas oil shortage and the resource shortages around the world. Casper started off his second year by fearing that national parks might be targeted for their resources and became the chair of the environmental committee. He became a champion of pro environmental initiatives such as building on energy producing structures such as nuclear power plants, hydro electric power plants like the one at niagra falls and Hoover Dam, and the solar plant that used to be near the Nile river before WWI, to gain further resource independence. He also championed legislation to open up federal lands to resource extraction, while also adding ridings to make companies responsible for damages they do to the land while they occupy it. So they would need to replant trees, or clean up oil spills if they or someone they employee by employment or contract are responsible. These initiatives helped keep the us environment less prone to industry damage while the world is falling apart.

In his 3rd and 4th year with the senate he was a major advocate for defence and veterans affairs. During budget season he advocated funding for military pensions and healthcare to take care of bodily injuries and Shellshock, and funding for new research into better technology to match threats. These initiatives became things like power armour and FEV though the specific research items weren't displayed at the time of the votes. Finally he would work with industry connections to help establish a way of staying alive if the peace conferences didn't work. Vault-tec would be born not long after and Casper would encourage the other senators to look into it.

Caspers 5th year would start in 2055. The resource wars were in full swing between the Middle East and Europe. His first 4 years were spent on more domestic matters such as defence, environment, and taxation. His fifth year would be spent on committees to improve the quality of life of Americans. He rejoined the committee for industry, joined the foreign affairs committee, and joined the committee for the department of energy. As a member of these committees he was strongly in favour of switching US nuclear resources into productive use within nuclear power plants, working with industry to wean off oil and find out new sources for products to be manufactured from, and encourage the world to cool off and avoid all out war. His sixth year would see foreign matters come to the front. Casper would remain with the foreign affairs committee, rejoin the defence committee, join the international trade committee, and form a new committee for the defence against nuclear war. He would advocate for a strengthened Canadian American Mexican alliance, but military occupation would be rejected. He would encourage peace conferences and international resource trade forums. He would encourage the us army to be well funded as long as the rest of the country remained funded as well in vital areas such as health education environment and infrastructure. Casper would run for a second term but despite all his good, the public had suspicions by now from his talk of peace and Canada that he wouldn't stand up for us interests if it meant hurting his homeland.

Having lost the election Casper retired from politics. By now, with 40 years as a government employee he was making great money in retirement income to 6 figure digits. By 2058 he was 60 years old and by this time he was also a grandfather to 21 grandchildren. He stayed retired for 2 years. During those 2 years he learned to draw, paint, make shoes, play cards, and invest his money. He was able to upgrad his apartment to the penthouse of his apartment complex in downtown New York. And he was able to travel the world and visit his family and friends.

After 2 years of relaxation Casper returned to America and contacted his old senatorial friends. He spoke with them of Vault-Tec and not long after he obtained 2 jobs with Vault tec. When the House of Representatives is open he is their lobbyist, to try and convince the house to spent money on glorified bomb shelters. He was at it for years but eventually succeeded in getting the funding. After the funding was obtained his second job was travelling with engineers and investigating the vaults to make sure they are functional as survival shelters. Some were deliberately messed with before or after the inspections as Vault-Tec deemed fit. These inspections kept Theodore in good shape. As the 2070's dawned he was no longer called upon so much and he began to try and see what something non political would be like.

With inspections becoming fewer and farther between he rented a home in Los Angeles and got involved in the American movie scene. He was shown in political history documentaries and he became an extra in some films. With time he took on bigger rolls such as singer or piano player in the background or shopkeeper, these were bigger roles because they had lines. In 2074 he played a safari guide in a movie, in 2075 he found a role playing a James Bond villain and a separate role as a voice actor reading books from his collection. In 2076 he released 4 music albums collectively containing 40 songs from the 20th century separated by era: 1910's/1920 1930's/1940's, 1950's/1960's, and 1970's/1980's.

Postwar 2077-2177
- To be added-

After the bombs dropped the city was in ruins. Large clouds of debris and radioactive ruins cloaked the city. What was left of the national guard and Law enforcement in the city were scattered and struggled to stop the chaos and panicking. The Governor was killed in the war. Casper helped organize some of the remaining authority figures and supply lines to administer relief efforts. A 10 person council was formed consisting of himself, the head of the national guard, the heads of the police, fire department, and healthcare administration, and the heads of of the 5 largest civilian companies still standing and capable of providing a service. Notably the largest department store and the largest food outlet, the largest food provider and the largest supplier, and the largest construction company. Casper helped keep the nuclear plant that provided power to New York and almost went critical in 2065 running and powering the city instead of destroying it. The council and the relief efforts it provided only lasted until 2080 however, when supplies began to run low, outside hostile factions began to put pressure on the remaining members of the national guard, and it became clear to the people in the city that the country had fallen and the government wasn't around anymore. At that point the chaos broke the remaining departments and the city slumped into further anarchy. The law enforcement and national guard disbanded, the department stores were looted and collapsed, and the supplier reorganized itself and became a trading caravan known as United Supply Caravans and took on the old cops and soldiers to guard its caravans and old company officials to administer its ranks.

After the council fell Corduroy assumed ownership of the nuclear power plant to keep it from falling into disrepair. He headed its administration and a town of workers formed around it which would eventually become known as Nuketown. Corduroy would purchase nuclear materials from the United Supply Company fell on hard times and the nuclear supplies became exhausted around 2150. Around that time Corduroy purchased the majority of its stock and sold the company to its competitor in 2167 who became the new uranium provider for the nuclear power plant.

Potentially arrived in New York in 2157 by caravan.

Loves(can leave blank):
His family (Survival unknown)
- His Wife, born in 1998
- His Son, born in 2020 (57 in 2077), Energy Asset Manager, lived in Texas
- His Son, born 2021 (56 in 2077), Ranch owner and mechanic, lived in Texas
- His Daughter, born 2021 (56 in 2077), Landman, lived in Texas
- His Son, born 2022 (55 in 2077), Merchant Sea Captain, lived in England
- His Son, born 2023 (54 in 2077), Investment Banker, lived in New York City
- His Daughter, born 2024 (53 in 2077), Forestry Entrepeneur, lived in Brazil
- His Son, born 2025 (52 in 2077), Civil servant, lived in India
- 21 grandchildren, 3 per child.
- 63 great grand children, 3 per grandchild.

Hates(can leave blank):
Occupation(If any): Makes Brahmin hide shoes. Teaches governance
Residence: Republic of Hades
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Accepted

Thank you. Should I complete the app or would you prefer that I leave it as is now that it's accepted?

Add stuff if you want to
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Revlona wrote:Nation(s):Revlona
Name:Big Joe
Human Mutant or Ghoul:Super Mutant
Appearance(picture preferred but can describe): 8 foot 6 inch bulky green super mutant, has a metal mask that covers his face and leather and metal breast plate.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph):
Big Joe, formally known as Joseph Witmore, is a massive super mutant, he doesn't remember when he was changed to a mutant but he was most likely among the first batch of super mutants. One of the oldest super mutants and the largest living one, he enjoys fighting and killing and his favorite way to kill is to rip his opponents head off. He is a brute and carries a Massive Sledgehammer, but also carries a Magnum 50 cal which he uses sparingly. He is a loner, never buying into capturing humans to turn into new mutants, he could be said to be the friendliest of the first batch towards humans.

Loves(can leave blank):Killing
Dislikes:Talking to long
Hates(can leave blank):Anything that annoys him
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): SuperSledge and Magnum 50 cal
Occupation(If any):

Accepted
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Nation(s): Tysoania
Name: Rosie
Appearance (picture preferred but can describe): She is of average heights and looks similar to most ghouls. Due to hair loss from the radiation exposure of the New York Wasteland, she always wears a short gray wig. Her eyes, like those of the Commonwealth ghouls, are jet black. She usually wears a suit or, if in need of protection, pre-war combat armour.
Brief Bio(1 paragraph): Born in 2061 in Bar Harbor, Maine, she lived there until she turned 16 in May 2077, at which point she moved into a boarding school in upstate New York. She was there when the Great War began and ended, and attempted to scratch out a living in the ruins of the nearby town for several years. Rosie eventually moved to the ruins of Yonkers in 2099, where she settled into a small ghoul community there and opened a small caravan company, the Central Caravan Company. As the organized caravan company in the area, she quickly began to build her wealth with the Albany-Yonkers run and the Yonkers-New York run. By 2155, she was the de facto leader of the Yonkers ghoul community. Rosie began aligning the community with the Republic of Hades, with herself as Governor of the Yonkers community, and fashioned the Republic into a land for ghouls to live and work in peace. Finally, in 2165, she was secure enough in her power to order the movement of the entire community to New York. There, they joined the Republic of Hades and quickly annexed several areas of the city with little opposition.

By 2177, the Central Caravan Company has become the main caravan operation of the Republic and has relocated to the Republic, while maintaining its monopoly over the New York-Albany run and several minor runs in the ruins of the city and several outlying communities. Rosie has become President of the Republic and instituted aggressively imperialist policies to secure the Republic's existence and attract new ghouls.
Loves(can leave blank):
Likes: Ghoul nationalism, caravans, rational economic policies, using military force to achieve her goals.
Dislikes: Humans, raiders, super mutants, resistance to her policies.
Hates(can leave blank):
Preferred Weapon type(pistol, rifle, big guns): 9mm pistol.
Occupation(If any): President of the Republic, caravan owner.

Accepted
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:38 pm

I'll wait for one more character and then I'll release the IC. Also need a town near Valhalla.
-SHEOGORATH

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse