NATION

PASSWORD

Jungular High (Fantasy High School RP, OOC & Sign-Ups) OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Jungular High (Fantasy High School RP, OOC & Sign-Ups) OPEN

Postby Aona » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

created by aona | IC| lore thread (in progress) |theme song!

Hey, you.

Yeah, you. Put down that bag of cheetos and pay attention.

Your high school is crazy boring, isn't it? Every day you wake up, go to class, sit with your clique at lunch, and sneak out to parties. Just like every other high school across America. Not much fun, right? Not exactly Chicken Soup for your Pubescent Soul-worthy.

Well guess what, buck-o? You better enjoy that bag of cheetos, because it'll be the last you have for a while. Because, unknown to you (or, well, anyone,) your school just so happens to exist on a major magical faultline. Yeah, magic. Mermaids, talking skeletons, big people, that kinda thing. If that faultline cracks, whatever is in its path will be transported to the world of Gandola, a.k.a. the magic-jungle-world-to-end-all-magic-jungle-worlds. Why? I don't know, I'm not a psychic.

You'll never guess what's about to crack. Here's a hint: it starts with an f and ends with aultline.

Hope you brought your bug spray.

Welcome!

So this is a high school roleplay, with all that that entails, save for one small detail. Instead of being set on Earth, you, your school, and everyone inside have been transported to a fantasy world comprised of one great big jungle. Unfortunately, you aren't exactly welcome guests. There will be demons, necromancers, and monsters around every corner, ready to chew you up and spit you out again (literally.) The only safe haven you and your fellow Earthlings have is good ol' Jungular High, lodged atop a massive tree 1,000 feet in the air.

What's keeping the school safe? A magical creature of immense power, duh. This being, called the Edo Star, offers you a deal: if you uncover the mysteries of Gandola, it may be able to send you home. How do you uncover these mysteries? By becoming knights, rogues, wizards, and nabbing treasure and killing baddies. Obviously.

TL;DR: This roleplay is a story about teenage fantasy heroes battling evil and discovering the secrets of the world, while also balancing the madness of high school life. What could possibly go wrong?

Lore.

The story will begin on Earth, before quickly shifting to Gandola. I won't tell you the lore now, but you will learn as we go along. For now, all you need to know is:

-Your character is a high schooler/high school teacher
-You will be transported to a world of high fantasy
-You will become a kickass warrior for good
-You will totally stress about what to wear for fantasy prom

The Nitty Gritty.

- None of the cardinal RP'in sins (Godmodding, Metagaming, etc)
- Follow my word, and what I say. If I give someone power, please respect said power.
- No one-liners.
- Respect your fellow RP'ers.
- If you are leaving the RP, please let me know first. The same goes for temporary absences.

Code: Select all
[color=#00BF00][b][u]STUDENT APP[/u][/b][/color]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Grade:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Clique (optional):[/b]
[b]Likes | Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Theme (optional):[/b]
[b]RP Example (optional):[/b]

[size=50]DO NOT DELETE THIS: JUNGULARAPP[/size]

Let's talk about what this all means:
Nation Name: What should you be called OOC?

Character Name: Your character's name.
Grade: Are they a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior? You should also specify their age, which ranges from 14-18.
Appearance: Provide a picture, or a description.
Personality: At least a small paragraph. Talk about what type of person your character is, what makes them tick, or how they're viewed. They're a high schooler, so exaggeration is allowed. This is a difficult time, and mom just doesn't understand sometimes.
Class: No, this isn't the academic class. This is what kind of fighter your character will become. All the standard rules apply here. Archer? Congrats, you will get a bow and some leather armor. Necromancer? Hope you like corpse. Feel free to get creative!
Clique (optional): What clique does your character place themselves in? NOTE: THIS IS OPTIONAL, AND WILL ONLY SERVE TO MORE EASILY GROUP YOU WITH SIMILAR CHARACTERS (both socially and story-wise)
Likes | Dislikes: What does your character enjoy? What do they hate?
Theme (optional): Again, optional. A theme song always helps paint a picture of your character though.
RP Example (optional): A brief link to past projects. Unnecessary if your app is strong.

THIS IS THE APP FOR TEACHERS. CERTAIN ITEMS HAVE BEEN CHANGED.
Code: Select all
[color=#0000BF][b][u]TEACHER APP[/u][/b][/color]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Class Taught/Clubs led:[/b]
[b]Likes | Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Theme (optional):[/b]
[b]RP Example (optional):[/b]

[size=50]DO NOT DELETE THIS: JUNGULARAPP[/size]

My Characters!

STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Aona

Character Name: Dominic "Dom" Leary
Grade: Junior
Appearance:

Personality: Dom is a cheery, easygoing, and charming young man, who rarely is seen without a smile. He tends to get along with most people, and even if he doesn't connect with someone, it's rare to see him dislike another person. That being said, Dom is...not exactly the most perceptive guy. As kind as he is, he's gullible, naive, and often childlike in his mannerisms. He isn't necessarily dumb, but will loaf around and get distracted easily if a subject bores him. It just so happens that most subjects do. However, his bright attitude has a way of capturing the hearts and minds of those around him, and he's always one of the first to go through to at least attempt to solve a problem. Dom also has one key to his heart: desserts. Sugary foods are his kryptonite, and will get him to do damn near anything. He is the pitcher on the varsity baseball team at Jungular High.
Class: Pyromancer
Clique (optional): Jocks, tentatively
Likes | Dislikes: LIKES: Dessert, Sugar, Baseball, Parties, Board Games DISLIKES: Math, Reading, Grouchy People, Coffee
Theme (optional): Vampire Weekend: Giant
RP Example (optional): N/A

DO NOT DELETE THIS: JUNGULARAPP

STUDENT APP

Character Name: Lorelei Weathers III
Grade: Freshman....I think? Does she even go here?
Appearance:

Personality: Don't let Lore's short stature, high-pitched voice, or bright taste in clothing deceive you. This girl is cerebral, quirky, and often times incredibly terrifying. She doesn't say much, but when she does, it's almost always sarcastic and patronizing. Nobody is quite sure what her deal is. You swear that you've seen her walking around with some kind of demonology book, and she seems like the type. If you help her out when she asks, though, you might catch a glimpse of her kindness. Nobody has ever seen her walls come down, but one can only speculate there must be a somewhat emotional person there...right? She can be a good ally to have, albeit a weird one. But honestly...is she even a high schooler?
Class: Barbarian
Clique (optional): Haha, good one!
Likes | Dislikes: LIKES: Demonology, baseball bats, bright clothes, fingerpainting, voodoo dolls DISLIKES: Jocks, idiots, emotions, short jokes
Theme (optional): The Avalanches - Frankie Sinatra

TEACHER APP

Character Name: Merriweather Poole, Esq.
Appearance:

Personality: Principal Poole is the self-proclaimed classiest, hippest, most inspiring, and most proficient principal to ever grace America. He places extreme value on his appearance and mannerisms, and hates being taken out of his gentlemanly "character". Unfortunately, this happens a lot, and Poole can get easily flustered and enraged. While he envisions himself as highly competent, he often wastes time and effort on frivolous personal issues. He has a deep fascination with anything spiritual, including spirits, psychics, and astrology. He is easily startled.
Class: 1/4 Necromancer, 3/4 Fashion Designer
Class Taught/Clubs led: Principal
Likes | Dislikes: LIKES: Astrology, Fashion, Praise, Social Media DISLIKES: Children, Being Startled, Critique, Pranks,
also Social Media

Theme (optional): Something classical he claims is Bach (It isn't)
Last edited by Aona on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:^)

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm

color=#00BF00]STUDENT APP[/color]
Nation Name: Monarchy of Japanada.

Character Name: Jaden Frith Lee.
Grade: Age 14, Freshman.
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/07/f4/43/07f4 ... n-hair.jpg
Personality: Jaden is typically a reserved person who sits there in the class and is sort of forgotten about. He doesn't have any friends (That are in the school) Mostly because he doesn't like meeting new people (Out of introversion) and doesn't seem to match with any others that well anyways. He's not a full on jock, but most certainly not a nerd, yet fails to fall in the middle, though i must once again say something else-he isn't a wacky weirdo who doesn't fall into any place either...You could say it's rather complicated. Jaden is kind, rule-following and polite but has ADHD, and if things get too complicated or boring theres a somewhat good chance he'll feel the urge to rebel, or annoy everyone. Despite all this, he is very sociable around the people he knows, and has a short temper. Jaden's a new student, the boy's only been at the school for a week.
Class: Swashbuckler.
Clique (optional): N/A.
Likes | Dislikes: L: Chinese food, Video Games, Anime, cats, some sports, Social Studies, etc. D: Public speaking, boredom, dogs, heights, Apoidea, a ton of sports, etc.
He especially likes Japanese games such as Persona and Danganronpa, with floor hockey and bowling as his favorite sports, even if he never has anyone to play with.
Theme: N/A.
RP Example: Must i need one?

Just to note, my i key broke, so i have to copy and paste it, therefore none will be uppercase due to laziness, unless that's too big of a problem.
Done?
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 am, edited 13 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Bug spray, he he.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:50 am

STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Plzen

Character Name: Sven "Ray" Jensen

Grade: 11

Appearance: Slightly taller than average and of average weight, of a reasonable but not athletic build, featuring a clean shave, mild skin problems typical of teenagers, and generally devoid of identifying features, Ray's physical appearance is rather unremarkable. He does, however, often wear either his working clothes or his signature button-up jacket (white, with a rose on the back), neither of which is usual for his peers. Sven Ray also has green eyes.

Personality: Many of his peers know Ray as a cheerful and outgoing person, easily satisfied and annoyed by very little. What many of his peers do not know is that Ray can be an incredibly focused and driven person when he wants to be - in recent years, he has almost lived in the school's small workshop, tinkering with this or that into the night hours.

Class: Combat engineer

Clique: Ray is cordial with many, but true friends with few. Because he has little interest in sports, art, music, or indeed any cultural activities at all, he has difficulties truly connecting with his peers. Ray generally tends to surround himself with younger students, and is regarded as a somewhat eccentric brother by many of them.

Likes | Dislikes: Likes reading. Really likes making things. Sometimes likes conversing and interacting with others. Reserved dislike towards prideful or egoistic people. Reserved dislike towards what he views as "distractions." Dislikes the great outdoors.

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Ray and Jaden both accepted!
:^)

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm

I will absolutely be joining this. My app is underway.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:38 pm

This sounds fun, I hope it's okay for me to join.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Randomarya
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Randomarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:21 pm

STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Randomarya

Character Name: Tori Jones (TJ)
Grade: 11th, 17
Appearance: 5'10", medium toned skin, freckles, dark brown hair that almost reaches her waist, dark green eyes. She usually wears combat boots, jeans, and a hoodie.
Personality: she is quiet most of the time, and finds it difficult to make new friends. If she considers you a friend, then you better not take that for granted. She prefers the company of animals to people, but doesn't like to be alone. She has a good humor if you get to know her, and loves to laugh. If you try to get along with her and she doesn't seem to care, keep trying! She just needs time to get to know you. She hates girl associated stereotypes, and most don't apply to her. She is straight.
Class: spell caster
Likes | Dislikes: loves all things nature, black and white photos, and random acts of kindness, hates the color pink, doesn't like large crowds or loud environments, and doesn't like talking in front of people.
Theme: Nobody Knows by the Lumineers

Last edited by Randomarya on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Tag

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Randomarya wrote:STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Randomarya

Character Name: Tori Jones (TJ)
Grade: 11th, 17
Appearance: 5'10", medium toned skin, freckles, dark brown hair that almost reaches her waist, dark green eyes. She usually wears combat boots, jeans, and a hoodie.
Personality: she is quiet most of the time, and finds it difficult to make new friends. If she considers you a friend, then you better not take that for granted. She prefers the company of animals to people, but doesn't like to be alone. She has a good humor if you get to know her, and loves to laugh. If you try to get along with her and she doesn't seem to care, keep trying! She just needs time to get to know you. She hates girl associated stereotypes, and most don't apply to her. She is straight.
Class: knife thrower
Clique: wip
Likes | Dislikes: loves all things nature, black and white photos, and random acts of kindness, hates the color pink, doesn't like large crowds or loud environments, and doesn't like talking in front of people.
Theme: Nobody Knows by the Lumineers

it's not my position to say this, but [From D&D at least] knife throwers are typically chaotic circus-like people based around entertainment, not that they have to be that way, and are better suited for smaller individuals.
She could be a druid or ranger?
Just saying, not forcing you to change.

Randomarya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Randomarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:it's not my position to say this, but [From D&D at least] knife throwers are typically chaotic circus-like people based around entertainment, not that they have to be that way, and are better suited for smaller individuals.

I meant that she can throw knives and her choice of weapons is daggers, but I don't really know if that has a specific name.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:35 pm

STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Dragonarya (for the record, I am a different person than Randomarya)

Character Name: Cecelia Wright (goes by Cece)
Grade: Freshman, fourteen
Appearance:

Personality: Cece is very social. She talks on and on and on once she gets started, which is typically every three seconds. For her, there is always something to be said about everything. Even if her opinion isn't wanted, she gives it. Call it a quirk, call it a flaw. It's her. She's also very nice but sometimes a little too honest, especially when it comes to looks. She is very critical about most things and will not give up - unless it's something she hates.
Class: Winged human
Clique (optional):
Likes | Dislikes: Likes puzzles, books, video games, mazes, and writing. Dislikes most forms of work (including school), unexplainable things, randomness, and separation.
Theme (optional):
RP Example (optional):

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Randomarya wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:it's not my position to say this, but [From D&D at least] knife throwers are typically chaotic circus-like people based around entertainment, not that they have to be that way, and are better suited for smaller individuals.

I meant that she can throw knives and her choice of weapons is daggers, but I don't really know if that has a specific name.

A thief, ninja, assassin? Honestly i don't care, you can keep it the way it is, but it isn't very specific.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Dragonarya wrote:STUDENT APP
Nation Name: Dragonarya (for the record, I am a different person than Randomarya)

Character Name: Cecelia Wright (goes by Cece)
Grade: Freshman, fourteen
Appearance:
Personality: Cece is very social. She talks on and on and on once she gets started, which is typically every three seconds. For her, there is always something to be said about everything. Even if her opinion isn't wanted, she gives it. Call it a quirk, call it a flaw. It's her. She's also very nice but sometimes a little too honest, especially when it comes to looks. She is very critical about most things and will not give up - unless it's something she hates.
Class: Winged human
Clique (optional):
Likes | Dislikes: Likes puzzles, books, video games, mazes, and writing. Dislikes most forms of work (including school), unexplainable things, randomness, and separation.
Theme (optional):
RP Example (optional):

Again, tis not much of a descriptive class, maybe change it to angel?

Just helping, you can disregard everything i say.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Again, tis not much of a descriptive class, maybe change it to angel?

Just helping, you can disregard everything i say.

I thought about that, but Angel would suggest angelic powers, while all she can do is fly.
Last edited by Dragonarya on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:53 pm

What would you call a wizard who can do more than one type of magic?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Nuridia wrote:What would you call a wizard who can do more than one type of magic?

Probably just a wizard or mage... what kinds of magic?

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Dragonarya wrote:
Nuridia wrote:What would you call a wizard who can do more than one type of magic?

Probably just a wizard or mage... what kinds of magic?

Well I don't want to be stuck with just one type of magic. They can do things like conjure, enchant, call forth lightning, potion brewing, shapeshifting, transmutation, kinda like DnD schools of magic combined with typical witchy magic.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Of course these would have limitations.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Dragonarya wrote:Probably just a wizard or mage... what kinds of magic?

Well I don't want to be stuck with just one type of magic. They can do things like conjure, enchant, call forth lightning, potion brewing, shapeshifting, transmutation, kinda like DnD schools of magic combined with typical witchy magic.

You should limit that amount of magic types.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm

But, perhaps a sorcerer? Or just witch.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:But, perhaps a sorcerer? Or just witch.

I'm having three magic users. Or two magic users and a vampire, I haven't decided yet. They're boys so they're wizards. I don't know if I'll make the girl a witch or a wizard (they're different to me, witches are more spiritual and nature aligned while wizards are mental creatures.)
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Tag

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Gandola's magic will come to fear Sven Ray's analytical powers!

Magic is a natural phenomena.
Natural phenomena can be engineered.
I can't wait to see what kind of magic exists in Gandola, so that Sven Ray can draft equipment based on it. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse