NATION

PASSWORD

Code Geass: The New Order (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Code Geass: The New Order (IC)

Postby Britanania » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Code Geass: The New Order

The OOC

"The world lies! Thou shalt not commit murder, thou shalt not bear false witness, thou shalt not cheat, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife. All of these are lies! Mere illusion, nothing more! They don't want to be killed, they don't want to be robbed. Using the twin lies of justice and morality, the weak endeavor to protect themselves. But the first truth is that the strong devour the weak, so let us feed upon people, upon wealth, upon riches and power! We of Britannia shall feast upon the raw flesh of the world itself! We must crush this deception and bring forth the truth! All Hail Britannia!"

-- His Imperial Majesty, the 98th Emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire Charles zi Britannia.

Maximilian York, Grand Duke of New York and Commander of the Imperial I Corps
Tokyo Settlement, Area 11

It was a seemingly normal day in the Settlement. Only a year after the conquest and the Britannian colonists had already constructed a city worthy of the name "Britannian": schools, shops, houses, and all other modern amenities they expected were present and with the booming sakuridite industry more and more people from the mainland were making their home in Tokyo.

The military headquarters for Lt General Maximilian York was a magnificent building. Situated in the downtown of the Tokyo Settlement, the building complex included not just offices and a garrison, but also the Grand Duke's personal residence during his stay in Area 11. The main tower, the top of which was where the Duke's villa was, stood only a few feet shorter than the Viceroy's own villa. York insisted that it stood exactly 1 metre shorter than Clovis', so the Viceroy could still claim the tallest building in Area 11.

On that particular morning York's new aide arrived at the front desk for his assignment. The head receptionist handed the Major a list of items before explaining.

"His Excellency likes to read the morning report as soon as possible, but he doesn't like using the intercom for non emergency reasons. He should be in his meditation room."

The nervous but ambitious young officer grabbed the note, snapped to attention, and saluted.

"All Hail Britannia!" He said, before making his way to the central tower and where the Duke's command room was. Stopping just before the room, the young man composed himself and knocked once. As if by command, the door opened to reveal a softly lit library and art museum.

The Major looked in astonishment as he passed the threshold. The entire room was lines from floor to floor with books and paintings and statues. He recognised some of the paintings--especially the ones on the far back wall--and a few of the statues. He remembered that the Duke was descended on both sides from Queen Elizabeth III, and that she had given many of the old works to her sons and daughters. Others, however, were less familiar to him. Many of the paintings were quite clearly Eleven in origin, and a few sets of Samurai armour could be seen.

In the centre of the room, in what resembled a large throne, sat Maximilian York, his chin resting on his fist as he read a tome.

"Please, come in," he said softly but authoritatively to the officer, who slowly approached. "What do you think?" York asked suddenly, not even looking up from his book.

"Well, erm, they are beautiful, Your Excellency." York nodded in agreement, finally closing the books shut, placing it on his arm rest and staring at the man with his intense dark purple eyes--a trait he shared with his famous cousin the Emperor.

"Yes, but you don't approve of the Eleven artwork, do you, Major?" The young aide stopped suddenly and looked at his feet in embarrassment. York chuckled slightly as he rose from the chair.

"It's all right, Major. Britannian culture is objectively superior, or otherwise the Japanese would be having this conversation in Pendragon. It's only that we must appreciate their culture if we are to understand them and rule over them." York extended his hand, and the aide handed him the note. Reading it quickly, the General looked up at the Major.

"That will be all, Major. If anyone has an appointment send him up right away."

The Major saluted and went off, as York sat down again to read.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Zeloxia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeloxia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Julius Antonious, Grand Duke of California
Tokyo Settlement, Area 11

The Tokyo Settlement would be establishing itself as a powerful part of Area Eleven as multiple grand dukes have already taken an interest in the place an began to actively act in its establishment. Julius Antonious is an example of one of these grand dukes after he placed his brother, Jovian Antonious, as regent of California.

Julius Antonious is descended from the "House of Antonious", a family which has been a consistent supporter of a "serve the people" philosophy. This has resulted in Julius being vehemently against invasion. Julius' protests were ignored so he now seeks ways to integrate the Japanese with the least bloodshed and oppression.

Julius would take a second to think of the cause for him coming to Area 11. Antonious was curious of the eleven population and wondered how they could integrate into Britannia, he was quick to travel to Japan to see if he could make himself prominent in the occupational government. This proved to have some success as he became a well-respected figure among the less rebellious and more open-minded masses.

At this point Julius has finished everything necessary in his office. This leads to him walking around the rest of his modest residence. He notes the ridiculous security - size ratio of the building in humor.

Julius' residence was modest yet well-defended, you would not assume the building was a Grand Duke's upon first glance if the guards were not there. Every non-private room had at least one guard within it.

Julius decides to take a short break and read in his living quarters.
Place Zeloxia into context before judging it. Yes, NS stats are accurate (unless contradicted by factbook).

It is possible for a problem to be no one's or everyone's fault. Remember this before pinning the blame on someone. This especially applies to those you hate the most.

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Elsewhere in the Tokyo Settlement, A young woman dressed casually in a dark black trenchcoat lay hiding behind an old disused Dumpster. Footsteps echoed in the allyway, before a teenage voice could be heard. "You there, Kusakabe?" Chiyoko Kusakabe, known to the Britannians as Lynette Hereford of the Hereford Family, waved and got up from behind the Dumpster. "Hey there~ I got those files you wanted. I had to copy them and put the originals back, so no one would notic that they were removed." She said, shaking the the young man's hand and handing him the file. "A Convoy of regular Infantry will be moving past Saitama. I reckon you'd best let Tsukuba's group know about it." Chiyoko said, before walking away.

A few blocks away from the meeting, Chiyoko slid into a secluded space and took off the trenchcoat, revealing her custom Britannian Officer's Uniform. She tossed the trenchcoat into a nearby duffel bag and sighed in exhaustion, putting her back against the wall and sliding to the ground, massaging her head. "Data Transfers like that are nerve-wracking....I dunno how much longer I'll be able to pull this off..." She said. After a few minutes, Chiyoko got to her feet and took a blue beret out of her pocket, dusting it off and putting it onto her head. By the time she got back to her assigned HQ (York's), Chiyoko had become Lynette Hereford once again. As soon as she entered the lobby, a secretary came over to her, carrying a couple of files. "Captain Herefor! I thought you'd have picke dup earlier..." the Secretary said, trying to balance the files in her arms as she saluted Lynette. The Captain saluted back, tilting her head quizzically. "Hm? How come?" She did not like the answer she got.

---

"What on earth would Duke York want with me?" Lynette said as she knocked on the door to York's office, waiting for permission to get it. Once sh got it, she opened the door and walked on, crisply saluting the Duke. "Captain Hereford, reporting as requested, Sir! You wished to speak to me?"
Last edited by Mestovakia on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:28 am

Area 11
The Tokyo Settlement, The Viceroy's Palace

Sir Edward Augustus of House Hanover, Knight of the Round, Knight of Two, and Heir to the Duchy of Delaware

A beautiful sea of roses spread out before the Knight of Two. As his oldest friend walked the rooftop gardens all Edward could think of was the Aries Villa back at Pendragon. Clovis and him playing with Euphemia, Lelouch and Nunnally. They were so close in those days, children free of the real world. Now, Lelouch and Nunnally lay dead somewhere in Japan, most likely why Clovis took up the position of Viceroy. Edward looked down, the small marble pathway had recently been cleaned for the prince, yet for some reason all Edward felt was regret. If he had been quicker, more decisive, he could have saved his friends... instead they were executed unjustly by the Kururugi household. Edward stopped, and noticed he was clenching his fists.

Clovis noticed that his guard had stopped, and turned around to see the distraught Knight. He plucked one of the roses, then slowly approached Edward. Stopping in front of Edward he placed his free hand on Edward's shoulder, and squeezed. "I miss them too, friend. They were my family, and I will always love them. Yet, we must move forward, march onward. We are Britannians, we are strong." Clovis spoke as he smelled the rose. Edward looked up to see a melancholy smile, and released his clench. With this Clovis stepped away and continued walking, and once Edward took a deep breath continued after him. "Edward, I did not bring you here just to reminisce. I have an assignment for you."

Once Edward heard those words, he dropped to one knee and knelt before his Prince. "What is your desire, your Imperial Highness?" Edward asked as he looked down. "I have a letter addressed to the Duke of York. It is for his eyes only, and is of up most importance. I ask that you personally see to that he gets it."

"At once, your Imperial Highness." Edward responded as he stood up. Clovis reached into his pocket and brandished a letter which Edward promptly took. Edward bowed once, before departing leaving his friend alone on the roof top.

Soon, Edward's car stopped. The Duke of York had built a palace of his own, second to that of the Viceroy's. Edward and the Duke had rarely interacted, though their families had been connected by marriage in the past. After a few minutes he eventually reached the floor of the Duke's office. As he entered he noticed Captain Lynette Hereford enter the Duke's office. Seeing a glimpse of her made Edward smile, he had interacted with her a few times. While she isn't the most diligent of officers, she still got the job done. On multiple occasions had they voiced their resistance to the cruelty of the Elevens, which eventually led Edward's respect towards her.

A wonderful woman... a shame she serves under the cruelty of the Duke. Edward thought as he approached the doors. The receptionist instantly knew who he was, and did little to stop his advancements towards the office. The Duke of York, The Duke of Blood as he is known by the Elevens. The Rape of Osaka was a horrible event, I still wonder if the rumors are true that the Duke gave the order. Edward thought as he gripped the door handles. While Edward had heard many stories and rumors of the Duke's exploits, many of which revolted him. Edward could not help but respect the man, he was a true Britannian through and through. Nobody could question that. Edward then opened the doors, and stepped inside once he heard that the Captain had announced her presence. With the doors open, Edward stepped inside and closed the doors behind him. He placed his arms behind his back as he waited for the Captain to finish her business.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

Maximilian York
Tokyo Settlement

Captain Hereford would find the Duke seated in the centre of his meditation room cum library cum art museum starring at what looked like five small chessboards stacked ontop of each other: three dimensional chess. With poise and grace, Maximilian moved one of his pieces into position before the machine serving as his opponent moved in turn. York barely looked up as Lynette entered, and he merely held up his hand informing her to wait as he continued his game, until he moved his final knight into position, leaned back, and announced softly:

"Checkmate."

The machine understood too, and shut down as York shifted his attention to Hereford.

"Yes, Captain Hereford," he muttered drearily, before leaning forward and steepling his fingers, regarding the young woman with an icy gaze.

"Only daughter to Duke and Lady Hereford, your record has been mediocre save for an infamous confrontation with Col. Tohdou during the invasion. Superiors often complain over a lack of effort put forth by you..." York trailed off as Edward entered. The General cleared his throat.

"Captain, I've received complaints that you are often tardy showing up to duty and of a decline in productivity from you. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

Lynette Hereford
York's Office

Lynette had an uncomfortable sensation in her stomach as soon as she entered. Being nonverbally told to wait by York increased it. His tone of voice in addressing her told her her lifespan might be a lot shorter than she had thought. As soon as the 'tardiness' and 'Lack of Productivity' thing popped up, she let out an audible gulp. Still standing at attention, she promptly had to do a bunch of mental gymnastics to try and cover her Disillusionment and treason. The JLF couldn't be aided by a corpse.

Edward and York could see her smiling nervously as she stammered, trying to find an excuse. After 5 seconds, she realized that she was too petrified of York to think of anything aside from what she felt. "I do not, sir. I will admit that I am a poor officer when it comes to Paperwork. I find that I am more suited to Knightmare Combat than Bureaucracy. I regret that you must devote some of your time to take a subordinate to task for her laziness." She took off her beret and bowed, with that unpleasant feeling in her stomach amplified by a factor of ten. "I humbly submit myself for disciplinary Action."
Last edited by Mestovakia on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

Maximilian York
Tokyo Settlement

The Grand Duke kept his cold stare on the young and petrified knightmare pilot for several more moments. Lynette had a point: she was more suited for combat than staying in Tokyo doing little more than waste time.

"Perhaps you are correct, Captain," he said calmly and monotone, his crisp and precise Transatlantic accent coming through. Slowly York turned his purple eyes--eyes not different from his cousin the Emperor's eyes--to Edward.

"Sir Edward, what is your opinion on that matter? How should I deal with Captain Hereford?"

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Area 11
The Tokyo Settlement, The Duke's Office

Sir Edward Augustus of House Hanover, Knight of the Round, Knight of Two, and Heir to the Duchy of Delaware

Edward watched as the Captain submitted herself to disciplinary action. Yet, all Edward could do was smile. He walked forward, and placed himself next to Lynette. He looked over and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"That won't be necessary, Captain." Edward said as pulled her up. He then gazed over at the Duke. "If she deems herself unworthy of her position then as Knight of Two I place her under my jurisdiction. Lynette Hereford, from this day forth you shall be my bodyguard, thus becoming a member of my own personal squadron." Edward exclaimed as he kept his hands behind his back. Perhaps with you, we can make the lives of the Elevens slightly more comfortable. Edward thought as he looked at the Captain. Edward remembered how Clovis had suggested the idea of hand selected bodyguards to assist him on assignments after seeing the success of Luciano's Grausam Valkyrie Squadron. So far, Edward only had two other members, Henry Anderson and Victoria Lowe. Now with Lynette, he could perhaps start to make a change in Area 11.

"That is, if you accept. I will not force you, Captain." Edward smiled for a few moments before he remembered his assignment. "Oh, my apologizes. Your Excellency, I have come with a message from the Imperial Viceroy himself." Edward said as he walked forward towards the throne. He walked up a few steps and handed the letter to the Duke. "The information is for your eyes only, his Imperial Majesty stated." Edward then stepped down and backed up to where he was before.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Maximilian York
Tokyo Settlement

York leaned back in his chair as he watched and listened to Edward and his proposal. When he was finished speaking, York stroked his chin.

Yes, it would make sense on several counts to place her under Edward's control. It not only removed an unproductive worker, but also a sympathiser for Eleven Rights. Edward himself lacks any clout or power to change anything. Furthermore, it saves me the headache of explaining to her family why I court martialed her. Finally, as Knights serving Prince Clovis they will be far from the front and won't get in the way of any battles

After a few minutes York finally nodded.

"All right, I'll have the paper work transferring her to you soon. Until then, Captain, you are to return to your quarters. Now, what else is it you have?" York asked as he rose and reached for the document. He scanned it over quickly and gave only a brief frown.

Yes, it is official from His Excellency Prince Clovis. So it seems Pendragon approved his clandestine research division, despite my protests that it will divert resources from the occupying forces. Interesting. I wonder what the Emperor thinks. Perhaps I'll ask him next time...

"That will be all," he said, still looking over the paper. "Both of you are dismissed."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse