NATION

PASSWORD

The Event-IC [Character based RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Jay Garrick

“Yes it is ma’am.” Jay replied as he held the door open for her after using his teacher ID to open the door. He had used his world’s advanced technology to create a fake (but real) ID and even get him in the schools system. Then he just had to get an excuse for Brandon’s Head Football coach to leave for a few weeks. Giving him a trip to Aruba had done that. Now Jay smiled as the lady walked in and he followed making his way to the locker room. Later in the day he would talk with Kiser.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:46 pm

"Why thank you, good sir," Lucinda said as she walked through the door the man had opened for her. Good manners could be so hard to find these days, after all. She then walked over to the main office where a large, purple, bin awaited her labelled "CLOTHING DONATIONS" with a picture of acceptable items. Lucinda had already checked the conditions of the items in her bag beforehand, and as such plopped it right into the bin.

With that done, and after a brief bit of chit chat with the secretary, Lucinda walked back toward the entrance and exited. After all, she had a lot more to do. Yet, as she walked toward her car, she could not help but noticing a man (Lee) loitering near it, in a McGill sweatshirt and smoking a cigarette quite suspiciously. When she reached her car door, she could not help herself from inquiring about hir business here.

"Excuse me, but are you here for something sir? You've been standing there for quite a while and, to be hones, you don't look very much like a student."
Last edited by Biscaria on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Lee was somewhat lost in thought as he leaned against the fence. He wasn't really paying attention to the things going on around him. So when he was abruptly taken back to reality by the approach of a woman who seemed concerned and suspicious it caught him off guard. He quickly dropped the cigarette down and stamped it out. She seemed official looking, and she seemed to have come from the school. He reasoned that she was probably either a teacher or the principal. Though he wasn't sure. He smiled at her, trying to appear as nonthreatening as he possibly could.

"Hi, sorry. Is it that obvious I'm that old?" He laughs quietly. "No, I'm just visiting." he pauses again, thinking. if she is a teacher or whatever, she would have the best angle on any unusual activity or whatever was supposed to be going on. he decided to be straightforward. Well, as straightforward as he possibly could be. "Well, I'm visiting on business actually. My team and I have been doing some scientific research on the recent meteor shower that took place here a few days ago. You were probably here during it. Did you see it?"
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 pm

"You are a scientist? Well, if you are asking about the meteor shower last Friday, I'm afraid I won't be too much help. I regret to say I didn't see it myself; went to be bed early that night I'm afraid. Did a nasty number on the some of the roads though; the whole town is in a bit of a tizzy about it."

She was about to end the conversation with the man, not sure if she wished to go further on the topic, and as she pondered she thought of the tea she was organizing later that day with Annie, Mary, and Eva. But the thought of Eva then made her then remember the phone call they had had early that day, and how Eva had seemed so.. different. And how she had attributed it to the meteor. What was it she had said?, thought Lucinda. "I think the meteor event put me through a metamorphosis and made me a beautiful butterfly instead of the grey mouse I used to be. Frankly, I like the new me a lot better."

"Well now that I think about it, I have noticed some odd things lately. Just today I called my dear friend Eva - Eva Kiser; she's the Mayor's wife - and she seemed so different over the phone. Like she had been revitalized. Said something about the meteor event putting her through a... metamorphosis, so to speak. Now, I must say, I've known Eva and been friends with her for years, and let me say she's never been a ball of fire. But today... today she's sounded like an inferno..."

She paused.

"Would that be of any help in your investigation, Mr...?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Lee nodded as the woman spoke. It seemed like this conversation wouldn't be going anywhere, at least as far as his investigation was concerned. However, the woman paused then continued talking. About her friend that went through a "metamorphosis". That perked his interest. Lee looked up at her curiously. He wasn't sure what that meant really. But it was right along the type of information that had apparently been going around through the intelligence circles about 'changes" to people. This could definitely surge his intel gathering.

"Would that be of any help in your investigation, Mr...?" She said.

"Begay. Lee Begay. Thank you for your help. This... Eva Kiser is the Mayor's wife you say? I appreciate your help, ma'am. Are you a teacher here?"
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm

"Oh no, I don't teach here. Used to be a teacher, actually, but not anymore. No, I was just dropping off some used clothes to the donation bin for the needy in the main office."

She then remembered she had not yet introduced herself.

"Oh please forgive me for not introducing myself, Mr. Begay. I am Lucinda Murtaugh, South Bend City Council President. Been in that position for going on about four years now, I may add. And about Eva, yes she is the wife of our Mayor John Kiser. And like I said before, Eva and I have been good friends for a very long time; we graduated high school together."

Not wishing to reveal too much personal information, for she did not wish to begin gossiping to this man, Lucinda then went back to information pertaining to the meteor.

"You know, this coming Wednesday, the city council is having a meeting to discuss the effects of the meteor on the town. It was meant to be primarily in regards to the effects on city infrastructure, but if the meteor event really is causing changes to the actual citizens themselves, then perhaps we may need to broaden the topic. If you'd like, Mr. Begay, you are welcome to attend and present your investigation to the city. In addition to myself, the other councilors, and general citizenry, the Mayor, and likely Eva too, should be there as well."
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Lee nodded and moved to shake her hand as she introduced herself as the City Council President. He listened as she told him about the meeting then about possibly presenting to them his investigation. That was definitely far too public for his investigation which was supposed to be rather on the down low, but the event itself with the assembled people would be a good place to hear if any other effects were noticed by the populace and what the effects actually were.

"Oh, I see that's great Mrs. Murtaugh. I would say though that our investigation into the meteor is far from being over in any way, and we are not even sure yet if there are any correlations at all or any effects to people, that's simply a simple guess at best right now as far as we are concerned. The scientific focus on our studies right now are mostly centered on where the meteor might have originated from, since it doesn't seem to have originated in the meteor belt where most meteors are derived from, at least as far as we can tell. It basically shot into our atmosphere without anybody really noticing and we generally do a good job tracking objects in space of this size, so finding out where its from could help discover more about space and any other potential threats to Earth." He was mostly making up stuff as he spoke, trying to make his "investigation" sound much more science-like then any sort of "government investigation" type situation that could lead to suspicion.

"However, I would certainly like to attend the meeting to see if any effects are felt from this shower. And, should there be any more instances of effects on people then that would certainly be a very big game changer."

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 am

Spades looked at the crowd going into the school. “If you want help kid, call this number.” He hands Thane a playing card with a phone number scrawled on it. “Now hurry off to school. Don’t want to be late, do you?” With that, Spades teleported away.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Later that day....
Brandon Kiser

Kiser was on his way to Football when he say Andrew and grabbed his shoulder saying “Sup man. Ready to look at drills for an hour?”

Savitar

Savitar had returned to a spot near Eva and started his mind games again. Pushing in feelings of regret that she had given birth to Brandon and Caroline and even going as far as to implement false memories of Eva wanting to abort them. To cap it all off he pushed into her mind an anger at Brandon and Caroline so much so she would be tempted to hit them.
Last edited by Chewion on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 pm

"Well Mr. Begay, the address of the City Council Building is 227 West Jefferson Boulevard. Right in Downtown, near the City Hall. The meeting should start at 7 PM sharp, so don't be late if you'd like to ask questions. And please, I hope you find what you are looking for here in South Bend."

After valedictions, Lucinda went into her car and drove off to do the rest of her errands before the party.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later in the afternoon, Lucinda returned to her house with the results of her errands and hastily began to make the things for the tea. She had the scones, the silverware, the cups, the tablecloth, and of course the tea itself, all made and ready to go. She set it all out on the table in her front room parlor, in a quite exquisite display, and just finished putting the finishing touches when there was a knock on the door.

Lucinda went over to the entryway, peered through her peephole, and opened the door as soon as she recognized Eva at the stoop. It took a moment for recognition, however, as Eva was wearing clothes that were quite different than her usual garb. She had on (as Lucinda dared think) quite audacious attire in a somewhat trashy manner, something she thought the usually prim and modest Eva she knew would never wear! Even stranger was that instead of the semi-centennial visage she was used to, Eva's face looked as youthful and wrinkle free as it did before she got married! Yet, being friends for so long, Lucinda recognized her nonetheless. She thusly let in her dear friend for their tea.

"Why Eva... you're early! It's only 2:40; nevertheless, come in, come in! I dare say, you are looking lovely today."

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 am

"Thank you!" Eva said with a smile as she entered. "I was hungry after getting the tattoo done anyway, and had nothing else to do, so I figured..."

She hung away her coat, took off her snowy boots and gloves as she spoke, and folded the sunglasses to hang them by the collar of her shirt, when she gave up a sharp cry and put her hands on her head. She looked shocked, as if she was in pain, or had some kind of anxiety attack. It was Savitar's powers at work. A sudden urge to kill, and that she hated her children, regretted having them even, and a desire to hurt them. The emotions were strong and real, and while she didn't knew where they came from, she knew from the suddenness, that it wasn't her own feelings. Okay, maybe the bloodthirst, but surely she couldn't feel that way about her own children? If this was a part of her changed personality, she wouldn't have it! Even going back to her old self without powers would be better.

"No, this can't be real!" Eva closed her eyes and shook her head to chase away the evil thoughts, but it didn't seem to work. Burying her face in her hands, she slid down on the floor in fetal position, struggling with all the might of her mind to get those unwanted thoughts away. "No! Get away! Get out of my head!" she screamed, with tears starting to roll down her eyes.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am

"Oh my god."

Lucinda was shocked by the suddenness of Eva's affliction, and hurried over to help her dear friend as she lay in a crumpled mess upon the floor.

"Eva dear, please. What's wrong?!"

Lucinda dragged Eva over to the couch within her sitting room, and gently placed her upon it. She stayed with her, as Eva's screams bellowed through the house. She tried to soothe her dear friend the best she could, staying on the coach as she comforted her and bringing over tissues for the tears.

"You're safe here Eva. Nothing can hurt you. Try to calm down. Just- just push the thoughts out of your head. Think of something nice. Something pleasant... It's all right Eva, it's all right. I'm here."

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:34 am

Eva was shaking like a baby in her friend's couch, and with Lucinda's aid, which she was forever grateful for, especially now, she managed to calm down enough to form coherent sentences.

"I... I think I'm loosing my mind. I hear voices, telling me that I hate Brandon and Caroline and really wanted to abort them... It's not true! I love them, always has, always will..." She sobbed and remained quiet for a little while. The war over her brain was still raging, but somekind of stalemate seemed to be forming.

"This is the first time it happened... I don't know if this is because of the meteors..." Eva sat up, and her lower lip was trembling. She leaned in to hug Lucinda. It helped.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 am

Savitar

Savitar could hear her thoughts. She was fighting. Good. That would make her defeat even sweeter for Savitar. Focusing on Eva’s mind he started working again saying in Eva’s own voice as to seem like her own thoughts “Isn’t it though? They confined me to the role of a housewife. With just one kid I could’ve still had time to do my own thing. I’ve just buried these emotions and thoughts deep down but I know they are true. Those brats ruined my life and I should ruin theirs. If I kick them out I could be free. I could do what I want.” He then planted false memories of her standing over Brandon’s crib with a pillow wanting to suffocate him. Then another of her doing the same to Caroline. In addition he added in emotions of hate and attached them to anything to do with the two. Savitar was going to Bend her to his will or he was going do push her to the point of psychosis.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 am

Lucinda kept Eva close. She wasn't sure she really understood her predicament, but she was committed to helping her friend through this difficult time regardless.

"Eva, you can't let these "voices" take over your mind! Of course you love your children; you know that, I know that. Think about all the love you have shared! Remember on your 45th birthday, when Caroline baked that cake for you, with all the hearts and I love you's? Remember when Brandon was young, and scared of dark, so you used to tell him lullabies to get him to sleep? Remember when you all went to Michigan City and built a giant sandcastle on the beach together? I remember you telling me about all of those times, with such tenderness, that I know you always love your children."

She paused to let it soak in, and then continued.

"When you gave birth to them, each time you told me you were the happiest mother in the world. You and John tried for six months before you conceived Esmerelda, don't you remember that? And after she was born, I remember you telling me how happy you were when you found out you were pregnant with Brandon. You were elated. These voices you have now... they are not your own. Do not believe them. Think of the love you have with your children, and keep it close. Do not let dark thoughts overcome you."
Last edited by Biscaria on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 am

Eva sulked in Lucinda's arms. She nodded, knowing that her friend was right. But just as she thought she was going to overcome the torture, it came in a new wave. Vivid images of attempted infanticide, accompanied by her own voice! It was too much to take, and Eva screamed. But then her own power awoke and counter-attacked. "Something stopped me that day... I didn't kill him, because my love was too strong! And now that they're all grown-up I can fulfill all my dreams anyway! I can't change the past, and it's my own fault that I made the choices I did, not my children's! Fuck you for making me think that! Subconsciously, she must have realized that it despite everything wasn't her own memories or thoughts. "When I get my hands on you I'll strangle you with your own intestines, and feed you your own kidneys! You'll wish to die before I'm done with you!!!"

She screamed again, but this time not out of despair. It was a triumphant warcry, and full of determination Eva sat up again and wiped her tears with her sleaves. "You're absolutely right, Luci. Someone's trying to hypnotize me, it's the only explanation. Now how about some tea?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Savitar

Dammit. She had pushed through his attack. Maybe he should try another approach. Focusing he snuck into her mind and got to work removing memories and changing things. She would be made insane if he couldn’t have her as a soldier. He started with her education. She hadn’t been good in school at all and had luckily found John. In addition she had been constantly in trouble in high school for fighting. She loved violence and had only pushed down her violent tendencies to be a mother but why should she any longer? Her teenage years were nothing but rebellion. She smoked weed and drank alcohol in high school. To be honest she was lucky to graduate at all forget ever going to college. For laughed he decided to change how she associated tea. Instead of liking it he pushed into her a strong dislike of all tea and instead a craving for caffeine in high levels. This was the first things he started to change. Soon he would move on to memories of people. Maybe even erasing a few from her mind. Hopefully this way she wouldn’t figure out anything was changing or at least what changed.
Last edited by Chewion on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 pm

After all the screaming and anguish, Lucinda was happy that Eva felt well enough for some tea.

"Yes- yes, I have some tea right over here."

Lucinda walked over to the tea table she had prepared in the sitting room:

She poured Eva some tea into a fine teacup, and with a carafe poured in a small amount of milk before then putting in a dollop of honey. After she was done making the tea for Eva, she carried it over to her friend on the couch.

"Would you like a scone as well? I have clotted cream and lemon curd for toppings."
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 am

Savitar's new strategy worked better, it washed over Eva without her resisting at all. It reasoned better with her by her own powers already changed mindset, while also not pushing the border of the mother instinct. Her brain took these new thoughts as her own.

"Yes please, I'll have some scones too." She smiled and lifted her cup of tea, and took a quick sniff. She wrinkled her nose, but took a sip anyway. She wrinkled her mouth in disgust, but swallowed. She had not yet changed enough to spit indoors.

"On second thought, I think I need some strong, black coffee instead, after what I just went through."

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Lucinda placed one of the scones onto a fine plate, and spooned a dollop of lemon curd and clotted cream each on the scone. As she presented the scone to Eva, she was taken aback by her sudden rejection of the tea. However, after the ordeal her friend had gone through, she felt it wasn't right to question her.

"Coffee? At tea? Err... well I suppose so. I haven't been drinking much of it lately, but you know Jeffrey always liked a cup before he went out. I think I have some in the house; I'll go get you a cup."

Lucinda went into the kitchen and took out a jar of Maxwell House Instant Coffee from the pantry. She took some leftover hot water from the tea and in a mug combined it with some of the coffee powder to create a dark coffee suitable to Eva's current demands. Minutes later, she came back out to the sitting room with a mug of coffee in hand for Eva.

"Here you are, hot and dark."

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Eva grabbed the mug with both her hands. The warmth and the smell was already working wonders for her soul. She blew on it, and took a loud slurp. As she swallowed, a soft moan escaped her lips. "Mmm! Delicious!" Another loud slurp, and she remembered to say thank you. Giggeling, she leaned back and put her feet on the table.

"Speaking of 'hot and dark', when's Mary coming over?"

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Lucinda pondered Eva's question as she poured herself some tea, got herself a scone, looked at her watch, and ignored Eva's etiquette failings for the time being.

"Hmm, that's a good question. It's 3 o'clock now, so she should be here any minute. To add to that, I know Annie isn't coming; she phoned up at noon time and said she had caught some malady; I told her that she should just stay at home and rest."

She sipped some tea and continued.

"But yeah, I hope Mary gets here soon."
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Savitar

Good the effects were taking hold. Now to start alienating her from her friends. He slowly started implanting careful thoughts inside Eva’s head. Why did she hang out with such lame people? She used to hang out with party people and have real fun not sit around and talk. She missed the kind of people that would be fine playing beer pong not chit chatting gossip from the neighborhood. He tucked these thoughts into her mind and then lowered her maturity level slightly too. Just for good measure.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Lucinda Murtaugh & Mary Marks

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and Lucinda's eyes darted toward the foyer.

"That must be Mary now; I'll get it."

She then put down her tea cup on the pastry table (since the coffee table was presently occupied by Eva's feet), got up, and went over to the front door. After checking through the peephole to make sure the person at the door really was Mary, which it was, Lucinda opened the door wide.

"Mary, so nice that you could come by. Please, come right in."

Mary stepped inside, taking off her coat and hat by the door.
"Well, had nothing better to do. Andrew should be getting outta school 'bout now, but he can take care of himself."

"Ah well you know," responded Lucinda. "Kids do get older."

"I'll say. Now, since I'm here, you said you had scones?"

"Yes, yes, right in the other room with the tea."

Lucinda returned with Mary to the sitting room, and the host quickly got some tea for her guest. As she did that, Mary sat down in an armchair looked at Eva. To her, she seemed to her to be acting like a child. Swiveling her cup (of coffee) around, with feet on the table, crazy clothes on, and a whole lot less of wrinkles on her face, something didn't seem right about her. If Andrew had been acting like Eva, Mary would have quickly reproached. However, since Eva was supposedly an adult and a "friend," she decided to be polite about it.

"How you doing Eva? And how are your kids? For me, Andrew's doing fine, hanging out with his friends and all that. But you, y'alright?," said Mary.

Lucinda gently plopped down Mary's tea in front of her, and sat in the opposite armchair. Both women were facing Eva, and Lucinda wanted to be part of the conversation. She was wary that Mary's question might trigger something in Eva, owing to the inner turmoil she just faced, but decided to wait for Eva to respond before saying anything.
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am

"No, not really." Eva looked up at Mary. "Ever sine the meteor shower, this town is making me crazy. I have constant mood swings, one of which Lucy witnessed just before you got here." She sighed. "I think I need a long vacation, far away from here."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse