NATION

PASSWORD

The Event-OOC-OPEN [Character Based RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:I'll post as soon as something relevant for me is posted

I'll have Eva contact your guy in advance, but she can't really do it until she's alone in the house.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 am

In order to keep things moving I’ll be taking control of Es until her player is back or someone else wants to RP as her.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:37 pm

I’ll post as Brandon in the morning and get things moving again.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 pm

I don’t want this to die. Who is still interested in playing?

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 am

Chewion wrote:I don’t want this to die. Who is still interested in playing?

I am, but I can only post if I make it a "set in the future" post, since Eva is sleeping now.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 am

I am just trying to make a relevant post for Thane I just keep getting stumped.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:02 am

Waiting for someone to post something relevant to my guy
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:39 am

Chewion wrote:I don’t want this to die. Who is still interested in playing?

I'm still playing. I've just been a bit busy.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:Waiting for someone to post something relevant to my guy

So what is your guy currently doing? I mean out side of my guy needing to get to school, do you want them to meet up?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:26 pm

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Waiting for someone to post something relevant to my guy

So what is your guy currently doing? I mean out side of my guy needing to get to school, do you want them to meet up?

I don't know, maybe next time he's trying his powers.
-SHEOGORATH

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:21 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:
BlackDeath27 wrote:

I don't know, maybe next time he's trying his powers.

Can your character train Thane in how to use his abilities?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:28 pm

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Tribe of Rinos wrote:I don't know, maybe next time he's trying his powers.

Can your character train Thane in how to use his abilities?

Yep
-SHEOGORATH

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Seems interesting; I think I'l make a character. Expect an application soon.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm

NS name: Biscaria
Character Name: Lucinda Murtaugh
Height: 5' 5"
Picture:

Power (if any): N/A
Side (hero/neutral/villain): Neutral
Alter ego name (hero/villain name): N/A
Bio:
Lucinda Murtaugh (née Byrne) was born in South Bend, Indiana on January 10th, 1967 to Norman and Frieda Byrne, and was the younger of two children. Norman was a professor of History at Notre Dame and her mother was a homemaker, and the household was altogether middle class and peaceful. Studious, behaviorally conservative, and internally ambitious, Lucinda did well in school and made sure to play by the rules through most of her youth. She was in the same class as the future Eva Kiser; the two were good friends in school.

The house was shook, however, when her older sister by 7 years, Angeline, married at 18 and moved to California without any post-secondary education and no job, and thusly became dependent on her husband. Lucinda saw this as a foolish course of action and, with the support of her parents, enrolled in Notre Dame when she reached college age and received a bachelor degree in English with a minor in Political Science. After receiving her masters degree, Lucinda went into teaching English at South Bend High School.

Yet when Lucinda was twenty eight, sparks did fly and she met her future husband, Joseph "Joe" Murtaugh, at a PTO meeting. He was a city councilor in South Bend, and was the guardian of his turbulent sister's child. This child was doing less-than-well in Lucinda's class, and Lucinda was able to placate Joe's concerns and bring the child to competency over the course of the year. In the process, however, Lucinda also fell in love with Joe and vice versa. They were married the following year, and in 1998, the couple had her first and only child Jeffrey.

The young family did well for years after that with Mrs. Murtaugh continued teaching at South Bend High and Mr. Murtaugh retaining his city council seat. However, tragedy struck (literally) when in 2006, Joe Murtaugh had the misfortune of stopping his car on the railroad tracks at the wrong time and place. Lucinda was deeply hurt by the loss, and left alone in care of her young son. However, she was not broken, and when offered to serve out the rest of her late husband's city council term she committed to do so.

In the end, however, she found that she enjoyed being on the city council even more than teaching. So when the seat went up for reelection, Lucinda, with underlying ambition, did not hesitate to run. And she won. She quit teaching to focus on city affairs full time, and since then she has raised her son, made many improvements to the city's government, and become a prominent citizen of South Bend. So it was no surprise when in 2013, she was appointed City Council President. She was then prepared to run for mayor in 2015, but ceded the race early on to her friend's husband and eventual winner John Kiser, whom she largely supported more out of friendship than politics. In later months, she would regret not going through with the mayoral election. She remained City Council President, a position she holds to the present.

At the time of the Event, Lucinda lived alone in her South Bend home while her son Jeffrey attends college in California. She was making sure everything was in order for next week's City Council meeting about the state of the roads in South Bend, and had the day before had a delightful session of tea with Eva Kiser and Mark Marks. She went to bed early, and did not even notice that night's meteor shower.

Unaffected, Lucinda went about the following week as usual. But with strange "powers" now appearing among her constituents, Lucinda has become wary. She believes strongly in the principle of equality among Americans, but how can this be upheld if some people have now been "bestowed" otherworldly and fantastic abilities as she has heard about? And more importantly, are these people a threat to South Bend?

Misc:
Native speaker of English, knows a smattering of Irish and is generally proficient in French.
Likes having tea, being part of local government, and helping around town.
Is a pre-Event friend of Eva Kiser, Mary Marks, and Annie Peterson.
Visits her father (mother is deceased) every Sunday.
Is a Cultural Catholic.
Has been head of the East South Bend Welcome Wagon Committee since 2009.
Her house in South Bend:

Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Biscaria wrote:NS name: Biscaria
Character Name: Lucinda Murtaugh
Height: 5' 5"
Picture:
(Image)

Power (if any): N/A
Side (hero/neutral/villain): Neutral
Alter ego name (hero/villain name): N/A
Bio:
Lucinda Murtaugh (née Byrne) was born in South Bend, Indiana in 1967 to Norman and Frieda Byrne, and was the younger of two children. Norman was a professor of History at Notre Dame and her mother was a homemaker, and the household was altogether middle class and peaceful. Studious, behaviorally conservative, and internally ambitious, Lucinda did well in school and made sure to play by the rules through most of her youth. In the same class as the future Eva Kiser, the two were good friends in school.

The house was shook, however, when her older sister by 7 years, Angeline, married at 18 and moved to California without any post-secondary education and no job, and thusly became dependent on her husband. Lucinda saw this as a foolish course of action and, with the support of her parents, enrolled in Notre Dame when she reached college age and received a bachelor degree in English with a minor in Political Science. After receiving her masters degree, Lucinda went into teaching English at South Bend High School.

Yet when Lucinda was twenty eight, sparks did fly and she met her future husband, Joseph "Joe" Murtaugh, at a PTO meeting. He was a city councilor in South Bend, and was the guardian of his turbulent sister's child. This child was doing less-than-well in Lucinda's class, and Lucinda was able to placate Joe's concerns and bring the child to competency over the course of the year. In the process, however, Lucinda also fell in love with Joe and vice versa. They were married the following year, and in 1998, the couple had her first and only child Jeffrey.

The young family did well for years after that with Mrs. Murtaugh continued teaching at South Bend High and Mr. Murtaugh retaining his city council seat. However, tragedy struck (literally) when in 2006, Joe Murtaugh had the misfortune of stopping his car on the railroad tracks at the wrong time and place. Lucinda was deeply hurt by the loss, and left alone in care of her young son. However, she was not broken, and when offered to serve out the rest of her late husband's city council term she committed to do so.

In the end, however, she found that she enjoyed being on the city council even more than teaching. So when the seat went up for reelection, Lucinda, with underlying ambition, did not hesitate to run. And she won. She quit teaching to focus on city affairs full time, and since then she has raised her son, made many improvements to the city's government, and become a prominent citizen of South Bend. So it was no surprise when in 2013, she was appointed City Council President. She was then prepared to run for mayor in 2015, but ceded the race early on to her friend's husband and eventual winner John Kiser, whom's politics at the time she largely supported. However, in later months, she would regret not going through with the mayoral election. She remained City Council President, a position she holds to the present.

At the time of the Event, Lucinda lived alone in her South Bend home while her son Jeffrey attends college in California. She was making sure everything was in order for next week's City Council meeting about the state of the roads in South Bend, and had the day before had a delightful session of tea with Eva Kiser and Mark Marks. She went to bed early, and did not even notice that night's the meteor shower.

Unaffected, Lucinda went about the following week as usual. But with strange "powers" now appearing among her constituents, Lucinda has become wary. She believes strongly in the principle of equality among Americans, but how can this be upheld if some people have now been "bestowed" otherworldly and fantastic abilities as she has heard about? And more importantly, are these people a threat to South Bend?

Misc:
Native speaker of English, knows a smattering of Irish and is generally proficient in French.
Likes having tea, being part of local government, and helping around town.
Is a pre-Event friend of Eva Kiser and Mary Marks.
Visits her father (mother is deceased) every Sunday.
Is a Cultural Catholic.
Has been head of the East South Bend Welcome Wagon Committee since 2009.
Her house in South Bend:

Accepted

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

OK, so what's the time/what's going on right now? Is it the next morning because I think I'm going to have Lucinda give her "good friend" Eva a call in the morning.
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Biscaria wrote:OK, so what's the time/what's going on right now? Is it the next morning because I think I'm going to have Lucinda give her "good friend" Eva a call in the morning.

Yeah it’s the morning.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 pm

OK, posted. Eva's on call!

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 am

I've changed my mind slightly about Eva. I still plan to make her a villain, but a bit like Robin Hood, a small scale Pablo Escobar, or a more generous Jesse James.

Biscaria: Would you like to work out more details about Eva's and Luci's friendship and history together?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:14 am

I love how the mayor wasn't even shaken about the strange murder.
-SHEOGORATH

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:I love how the mayor wasn't even shaken about the strange murder.

I haven’t covered it yet.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Barapam wrote:Biscaria: Would you like to work out more details about Eva's and Luci's friendship and history together?

Sure; I was thinking they went to school together, and perhaps even went to the same church as youths. Then they remained friends since, beings maids of honor at each other's weddings, and so on. I do have a few questions though: did Eva go to college? Also what is her maiden name?

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Biscaria wrote:
Barapam wrote:Biscaria: Would you like to work out more details about Eva's and Luci's friendship and history together?

Sure; I was thinking they went to school together, and perhaps even went to the same church as youths. Then they remained friends since, beings maids of honor at each other's weddings, and so on. I do have a few questions though: did Eva go to college? Also what is her maiden name?

That sounds good to me. I'd say a) yes, and b) Callahan.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Tag.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Hothnia, if you ever want to you could have Mary Marks visit Lucinda's house since the two are "friends." I've been thinking that based on Mary's personality, their "friendship" is something of a more one sided affair, with Mary not really caring much for Lucinda, Eva, Annie, etc., but still going to the teas when invited (due to, mainly, the free food) and as such gaining a place in Lucinda's book of friendship.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse