NATION

PASSWORD

A Continent Divided: 2017 (OOC/North American RP/Open/Signup

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Chewion wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Reserve Baja California Sur, Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango and Sinaloa.

I have both Bajas already.

Fine, Coahuila and Nuevo Leon instead.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:GTG but..any potential allies?

If you can piece together a navy, the Union of American Republics would love access to your factories, in exchange for, I don't know, maybe a couple Minuteman III missiles?

Nova Scotia has 40% of Canada's military assets [Could be wrong, but i read that somewhere.] Add the rest of my territory, and it many be over half, which even then isn't much, but oh well, we're still the strongest Canucks.

We'll see how things go in the ic.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Nation Application

NS Nation Name: The Palmetto
Nation Name: Republic of Yucatán
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Emperor Hunab-Ku
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Emperor Hunab-Ku
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Yucatán, Quintana Roo, Campeches, Tabasco, Chiapas
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Unaligned
Flag: Image
Population: 8.5 million
Is your nation in any supranational organization: No
Your nation's recent history With the civil war in the USA, the former states of Mexico began to rebel as well. Secessionist groups felt inspired, and wanted to act. The Mayans of the Southern-most parts of Mexico started a secessionist movement to revive the Repbulic of Yucatán, and founded a religion based on the Mayan gods of old. According to their beliefs, every man should be equal, and Marxism was the holiest of ideology. They were not allowed to secede, of course, and they began to fight a bloody guerrilla war against federal forces. After years of hard work they secured their independence, and they installed a democratic Marxist government. However, this democracy wouldn't last for long. Their revolutionary leader, Rolando Bello, declared himself a god and installed himself as emperor. He started a deranged regime and turned Yucatán into a tolitarian hellhole. Free speech was banned, and anyone who didn't follow Mesoamerican religion was to be excecuted. Everyone was to be paid exactly the same amount of money except for himself, and private business was illegal.
The self-proclaimed Emperor Hunab-Ku treated his people terribly, but like Stalin, is still managing to install a sense of strong nationalism and loyalty in them. He forced the people of Yucatán to work or die with a Five Year Plan-style program, and turned prisoners into literal slaves to add to the growing workforce. Despite the attempts at installing intense nationalism, many people are still opposed to him, and Yucatán is on the verge of civil war, and is very, very instable.
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP: Fund pro-Mesoamerican religious groups, and expand into the Spanish speaking Caribbean islands
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: Disunited America in my quote, but I'll be trying to do even better for this RP.
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?: N/A

Finished.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:24 pm

How would Quebec's relations be with the New Scotland-Acadian Commonwealth?
We didn't forcefully take/conquer the land in Quebec which we own, but they may or may not be sour about that. We are very bilingual, and control several French areas, the Acadian regions of Newfoundland/Nova Scotia, bilingual New Brunswick, parts of Quebec and the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon that fell under the regions control after the conflict in North America spilled over to the territory, so three types of French. Halifax is our capital and largest city, though barely anyone there speaks or knows French, sadly it doesn't even have half a million people, but is quickly developing and great for business friendliness.

The North American Union/Northeast Federation would be happy to be allies with you and supply you with our vey advanced military technology.

OK, make way for the world’s largest exporter of Christmas trees, lobster, gypsum and wild berries! [Yeah..pretty sad.]
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Tysoania wrote:If you can piece together a navy, the Union of American Republics would love access to your factories, in exchange for, I don't know, maybe a couple Minuteman III missiles?

Nova Scotia has 40% of Canada's military assets [Could be wrong, but i read that somewhere.] Add the rest of my territory, and it many be over half, which even then isn't much, but oh well, we're still the strongest Canucks.

We'll see how things go in the ic.

Well, Halifax has half of the Navy, but it was more so you could ship things across the Great Lakes, where I can pick them up in Minnesota.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
[align=center]Nation Application

NS Nation Name:Newne Carriebean7
Nation Name: Democratic People's Republic of Texas (DPRT)
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Eternal President George Herbert Walker Bush, President George Walker Bush
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Chairwoman of Congress Barbra Bush, Chairman of Congress Billy Mayes, Congressional Majority Leader Rick Perry
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled:Entire State of Texas
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Russia/China,but much more towards the DPRK instead of china.
Flag (optional): (Image)
Population (optional): 27,900,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): none
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): With the dissolving of the american government in recent time, the State of Texas was torn apart by radical unionist loyalists and segregationists,who fought each other in the streets for days following the dissolution of the Union. Within this chaos in the State, the national guard was called out to keep order, and within a week the former Governor and ex President George W. Bush was elected in a wide margin for the Texas People's Front (TPF). Within the first few days of his power grab in office riots have erupted as he tore up the american constitution and rewrote a "Bush" like constitution, with limits on free speech and a large executive branch with only minor checks for a Legislative branch, with a watering down of the Texan People's Court to have slightly more powers than the legislature. He allowed the Republican and Democratic Parties to still be in there, but they were required to rename their parties to the Revolutionary Party and Dictatorship Party.
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional):
Build nukes
Make Texas into North Korea
Hold a Presidential and Legislative election
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: you know me
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:DEAR LEADER BUSH IS HERE

Alliance to end the world?
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:27 pm

British Empire Strikes Back wrote:
Tysoania wrote:If you can piece together a navy, the Union of American Republics would love access to your factories, in exchange for, I don't know, maybe a couple Minuteman III missiles?

Are we going to be allies or enemies...

Do you want the Minuteman III missiles instead? If not, I'm sure there's some Titan II missiles still hanging around.

Also, a bunch of Stratotankers that are useless to a nation with a virtually nonexistent fighter jet fleet.
The Cold War in 6 words:

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Budraria wrote:
Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Budraria
Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Québec/La République Fédérale du Québec
Head of State/Monarch/President: President Martine Ouellet(BQ)
Head of Government/Prime Minister: Prime Minister Philippe Couillard(PLQ)
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Unclaimed Québec, Ottawa, Area of Ontario between the St. Lawrence and Ottawa rivers
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: NATO
Flag: Québecois Flag
Population: WIP
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): No, but has close relations with the EU.
Your nation's recent history: WIP
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: RP Sample
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:
Québec is officially bilingual, similarly to Canada, however most communication is done in French, except for in the English speaking area around Ottawa.
Capital is located in Québec City, though the largest population center is Montreal.
Government style is similar to that of France, with a president and a parliamentary legislature(w/ a PM)

WIP

Did you forget that Ottawa is within Southern Ontario?

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm

GTG.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Did you forget that Ottawa is within Southern Ontario?

Suggested compromise: Budraria gets everything east of Highway 416 from Ottawa to Ogdensburg. New Cobastheia gets the rest of Southern Ontario.
The Cold War in 6 words:

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm

The Palmetto wrote:[box][align=center]Nation Application

[floatleft]NS Nation Name: The Palmetto

I was also going to do a sort of Mexican Empire (was unaware of your application until just now). If your accepted, would you be interested in something akin to a Royal Marriage and or Military/Economic Alliance?
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:[box][align=center]Nation Application

[floatleft]NS Nation Name: The Palmetto

I was also going to do a sort of Mexican Empire (was unaware of your application until just now). If your accepted, would you be interested in something akin to a Royal Marriage and or Military/Economic Alliance?

This pleases the Emperor. I will agree.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Nation Application

NS Nation Name: The Frozen Forest
Nation Name: The Empire of Aztlán
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Emperor Julio Valdez
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Consul Ernesto Delgado
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango and Sinaloa, Coahuila and Nuevo Leon.
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Currently unaligned but looking to build relations between one or the other.
Flag (optional):

Population (optional): 19,261,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): The Aztlàn Empire is a member of the UN.
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life):
The Aztlànian Empire has its origins in the Cartels of North-Western Mexico and in the legislatures of those various provinces. When Mexico finally disintegrated under the pressures of the drug war and the increasing violence, the Cartels swung into action. They seized important government buildings, police stations, military bases, commercial centers and communication stations throughout the Northwest. The Military, whom weren't receiving orders or more importantly, a paycheck, folded against the seizures.

The seven days that elapsed before the Empire was announced are known as the May Revolution. Elected officials, police chiefs and military generals all pledged their allegiance to the new Emperor. Julio Valdez, once a vicious cartel leader decided that instead of ruling the country entirely by himself, he'd allow the people to elect a government. Within two months of the May Revolution the people had elected a legislature (known as the Senate) as well as a judicial branch and finally, an elected leader whom would serve for a term of five years along with the reigning Emperor (whom would rule till death and retain the right to reduce or disband the new government should it become necessary).

The Great Reformation that followed was astounding. The government set to work creating a new tax code, establishing new schools and hospitals throughout the country. Clean Water became a constitutional right and roads were constructed laboriously. New money was introduced, the Aztlan Dollar and it would be created at a new mint in the capital city of Hermosilla. The Cartels that weren't integrated into the new government were ruthlessly destroyed.

The new Royal Family moved into the freshly built Mármol Palace. It houses the Emperor, his two brothers and their families along with his nineteen year old daughter and seventeen year old son. The Valdez Dynasty immediately set to work seeking out potential alliances with viable governments from across the failing US, Mexican and Canadian territories. The Emperor having become fascinated with the Yucatan's, whom established a similar Empire-Style government. Currently he's preparing to contact the Yucatan Emperor.

In the Senate, two powerful factions (and a much smaller religious one) have already arose from the disputing members. The Republicanos, led by a wealthy lawyer by the name of Estaban Rivera. It's a coalition of multiple arising parties, and commands a very slight majority among the senators. They have tried to pass laws limiting the kings power to no avail. The radicals among this group seek the kings death or imprisonment, the rest seek to remove his powers over the new government and for him to be placed in a purely ceremonial role.

The second major faction are the Guardia Real (Royal Guard). Made up entirely of Loyalist to the Valdez Dynasty, they seek the opposite of the Republicans. Either to maintain the current status of the Emperors power, or to turn the country into an Absolute Monarchy. They aren't as large as the Republicanos but make up for it in being funded by the Emperor himself. They are led by Otilio Garza. The Final faction are the Camino de Dios (Way of God). As you might expect they are highly religious, and Roman Catholic. They are funded by Catholics and have every intention of making the next Consul one of their members. Though not really a faction, the Verdad maya (True Maya) have a few representatives as well within the Senate. Generally they support the proposals of the Guardia Real, though their intentions in the long run are to overthrow the government and establish a system similar to that of the Yucatan's with a Valdez Dynasty member at the reign. They are led by an Ex-Yucatan Citizen by the name of Ignacio Soto

The goals of the Empire are to establish the Valdez Dynasty within the territories. It intends to establish international relations with other countries and to reestablish trade with as many countries as possible. The long term goal is to strengthen the economy.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: I have three in my signature.
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?: Nope.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Nation Application

Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Emperor Julio Valdez
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Consul Ernesto Delgado
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango and Sinaloa, Coahuila and Nuevo Leon.
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Currently unaligned but looking to build relations between one or the other.
Flag (optional):
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): The Aztlàn Empire is a member of the UN.
The Aztlànian Empire has its origins in the Cartels of North-Western Mexico and in the legislatures of those various provinces. When Mexico finally disintegrated under the pressures of the drug war and the increasing violence, the Cartels swung into action. They seized important government buildings, police stations, military bases, commercial centers and communication stations throughout the Northwest. The Military, whom weren't receiving orders or more importantly, a paycheck, folded against the seizures.

The seven days that elapsed before the Empire was announced are known as the May Revolution. Elected officials, police chiefs and military generals all pledged their allegiance to the new Emperor. Julio Valdez, once a vicious cartel leader decided that instead of ruling the country entirely by himself, he'd allow the people to elect a government. Within two months of the May Revolution the people had elected a legislature (known as the Senate) as well as a judicial branch and finally, an elected leader whom would serve for a term of five years along with the reigning Emperor (whom would rule till death and retain the right to reduce or disband the new government should it become necessary).

The Great Reformation that followed was astounding. The government set to work creating a new tax code, establishing new schools and hospitals throughout the country. Clean Water became a constitutional right and roads were constructed laboriously. New money was introduced, the Aztlan Dollar and it would be created at a new mint in the capital city of Hermosilla. The Cartels that weren't integrated into the new government were ruthlessly destroyed.

The new Royal Family moved into the freshly built Mármol Palace. It houses the Emperor, his two brothers and their families along with his nineteen year old daughter and seventeen year old son. The Valdez Dynasty immediately set to work seeking out potential alliances with viable governments from across the failing US, Mexican and Canadian territories. The Emperor having become fascinated with the Yucatan's, whom established a similar Empire-Style government. Currently he's preparing to contact the Yucatan Emperor.

In the Senate, two powerful factions (and a much smaller religious one) have already arose from the disputing members. The Republicanos, led by a wealthy lawyer by the name of Estaban Rivera. It's a coalition of multiple arising parties, and commands a very slight majority among the senators. They have tried to pass laws limiting the kings power to no avail. The radicals among this group seek the kings death or imprisonment, the rest seek to remove his powers over the new government and for him to be placed in a purely ceremonial role.

The second major faction are the Guardia Real (Royal Guard). Made up entirely of Loyalist to the Valdez Dynasty, they seek the opposite of the Republicans. Either to maintain the current status of the Emperors power, or to turn the country into an Absolute Monarchy. They aren't as large as the Republicanos but make up for it in being funded by the Emperor himself. They are led by Otilio Garza. The Final faction are the Camino de Dios (Way of God). As you might expect they are highly religious, and Roman Catholic. They are funded by Catholics and have every intention of making the next Consul one of their members. Though not really a faction, the Verdad maya (True Maya) have a few representatives as well within the Senate. Generally they support the proposals of the Guardia Real, though their intentions in the long run are to overthrow the government and establish a system similar to that of the Yucatan's with a Valdez Dynasty member at the reign. They are led by an Ex-Yucatan Citizen by the name of Ignacio Soto

The goals of the Empire are to establish the Valdez Dynasty within the territories. It intends to establish international relations with other countries and to reestablish trade with as many countries as possible. The long term goal is to strengthen the economy.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: I have three in my signature.

Wanna be allies?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

British Empire Strikes Back
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Budraria wrote:It would be lovely to have those agreements between Québec and the Northeast.

Great! We are neighbors, and I hope that we can be great allies and friends.
A World In Disarray- 2017: Join Now!
Proud Jewish Progressive Democrat!
Hillary Clinton Is Our Legitimate President! Gore/Newsom/Sanders/Brown/Cuomo/The Rock 2020

"My daughter is a sex object, our favorite activity to do together as father and daughter is have sex.", Anti-Semite, Racist, Sexist, Mentally-Ill, Morbidly-Obese, Extremely-Low IQ, King of The Lunatics, Donald Trump.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 pm

BESB, don't you think the sates you took are a bit much? Several are large in terms of land, population and even economy. It seems a bit unfair to other players looking to join.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Chewion wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:

Wanna be allies?

The Republicanos wouldn't have enough support to push through any major (military) treaties with California. The Guardia Real probably despises them for their Republican Values and the Camino de Dios would be supporting the Guardia Real. Let's start with establishing trade and see where it goes from there?

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 pm

NS Nation Name: Gyrenaica
Nation Name: The Midwest Republic
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): President Justin Amash
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Vice President Austin Petersen
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned:... I guess unaligned
Flag (optional):
Population (optional): 62,108,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): UN
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): After the split, the midwestern states governors held a conference in St Louis. The governors of the Dakotas and Nebraska declined the invitation instewd forming the UAR. An outline of a proposed unification was brought about by Ohio Governor John Kasich. The various governors bickered about how elections would happen, economics, and other stuff. At the end of the negotiations, the governors went back to their respective states to vote on the unification. All states voted in favor of unification, although the margin of victory in Michigan and Illinois was very close. The name for the unified states was unanimously chosen to be The Midwestern Republic, and the national capital set in Des Moines. Elections were held between Justin Amash who ran as an independent, Rahm Emanuel who ran on the progressive platform, and John Kasich who ran as a republican. Amash was elected with 42% of the parlaiment vote. Since then, the MR has become close with its neighbors.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample:
Last edited by Gyrenaica on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Gyrenaica wrote:I'd we do a N America rp, reserve the Midwest
If we do a Cold War rp, reserve French Guiana, Suriname, Guyana, Amapa, Roraima, Guayana Region, Guainia

I reserved the midwest first.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Gyrenaica wrote:
Gyrenaica wrote:I'd we do a N America rp, reserve the Midwest
If we do a Cold War rp, reserve French Guiana, Suriname, Guyana, Amapa, Roraima, Guayana Region, Guainia

I reserved the midwest first.

And how exactly was I supposed to know this if it wasn't on this thread?

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Gyrenaica wrote:I reserved the midwest first.

And how exactly was I supposed to know this if it wasn't on this thread?

Oh, and, this just because I'm curious. Why'd you name the nation after a river it doesn't control?

Neo-Cristo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Cristo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 pm

NS Nation Name: Neo-Cristo
Nation Name: Nahutal
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Chancellor. Manuel Guerrero
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above):
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Nuevon Leon, Tamaullpas, San Luis Potosi, the northern tip of Veracruz
Flag (optional): http://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/a ... ng.244670/
Population (optional): 14,000,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): None
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): With chaos and civil war erupting in the United States the problems in Mexico got even worse. The cartels operated with almost complete impunity as the American government was too concerned with fighting it's own civil war to stop them from delivering their various shipments stateside. As cartel profits rose, so to did their power acrossed the whole of Mexico. What was already a corrupt and unstable system had gone one great leap forward and was now on the brink of being a full on narco-state. Cartel violence acrossed the country was virtually unimpeded by the now veritable puppet government in Mexico City. In this void of order, the various chapters of the Auto-Defensas acrossed the nation rose up to try and combat the cartel strangle hold acrossed the nation. What was once were but street fire fights, the violence between vigilante and cartel thugs became full on city wide war. A specific branch of the Auto-Defensas, the Nuevo Leon Guerreros águila, attained particular success. This success has been attributed to the charismatic leadership of Manuel Guerrero. Guerrero had been elected as leader of the Guerreros águila shortly after Trump ascended to the presidency. He was a controversial choice because of his outspoken anti-American rhetoric. Following the wave of cartel violence acrossed Mexico, Guerrero was amongst the first of the Auto-Defensas leaders to organize a counter-offensive against local cartel forces. Guerrero distinguished himself as a courageous commander, choosing to face off with cartel forces in open combat, regarding the affair as a symbolic gesture of bravery in the face of evil. His headstrong tactics would garner him much prestige and would attract many to the Guerreros águila; his politics though, would drive a wedge throughout the entire Auto-Defensas movement. Following the seizure of a cartel ammo dump in Monterrey Guerrero chose to keep the munitions found within for the Guerreros águila instead of handing them over to local police. His reasons were that he believed the government too corrupt to trust and that violent revolution against the government would be necessary if Mexico's problems were ever going to change. The Auto-Defensas split between loyalist Pro-government branches who favored working with what decent parts of the government remained, and revolutionary Anti-government branches who favored a violent overthrow of the political order. Guerrero would unite the surrounding Auto-Defensas branches under the Guerreros águila ( who happened to favor his anti-government stances ) and begin a massive offensive campaign against local cartel groups and remaining government forces. The campaign, though suffering heavy losses, was successful and Guerrero would declare Aztlan in the North-East of Mexico to act as a rival government to the current regime in Mexico City. The beginning phases of Aztlan are were this RP begins.
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional): Unite Mexico under the revolutionary banner of Aztlan, and free the Mexican people from the imperialist yoke of the NorteAmericanos
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: Check out the name bro
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?: Aztlan is like a week and a half old and technically at war with the rest of Mexico... but Mexico is currently the nation state equivalent of South Central Chicago soooo...
Last edited by Neo-Cristo on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Nation Application

NS Nation Name: New Cobastheia
Nation Name: The Republic of the Great Lakes
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Premier Sherrod Brown
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above):
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled:
Controlled: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota (Area between the St. Croix River and the Mississippi River), West Virginia, and South Ontario.
Claimed: St. Louis, MO, Minneapolis, MI, Gatineau, QC, Manitoulin Island, ON, Louisville, KY. Also, parts of PA and NY, the area to the west of the Genesee, Allegheny, and Monongahela Rivers, plus Pittsburgh but, these could be dropped or worked out if we're allies.
Flag: Image
Population: 77,689,367
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): UN
The government in this area has changed a lot over this year. It started after Trump and figures close to him getting arrested. Indiana was the first state to leave the union. It was followed by Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, and then Wisconsin. All of them were able to leave due to their Republican Trifectas at the time. This was the most damaging to Michigan and Wisconsin, both of which had a sizable liberal population. The Great Lakes Theather of this new "Civil War" was deadly and disastrous due to the vast majority of the states in the region being swing states. In the end of it all, a conference for a confederation was called near the referendum. Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin voted to be together. Forming the Provisional Government of The Great Lakes. West Virginia decided to stay by itself.

The Provisional Government was a lead by a council of the Governors, Representatives to Congress, and US Senators of the states that first joined. The council was over whelming Republican due to this. It was headed by Chairman Bruce Rauner, Governor of Illinois. During this time he leads the army to take over West Virginia as it started to fall apart. He did the same with Eastern Minnesota. He also started the war with the Canadain Government was the Trump Conflicts spilled over. He was able to take South Ontario however, the conflict is still technically active with the successor state to Canada, although the most "fighting" is a relatively peaceful DMZ on spitting Ottawa and Gatineau. Most of the claims originate your this time period as well.

During all this, there was a Constitutional Convention going on to decide the Government. The people basically forced Sherrod Brown to head it, so he did so reluctantly. At this Convention, the idea of a Tricameral Legislative and something akin to a Prime Minister and President was Explored and, ultimately, was encoded into the Constitution. Soon afterward Sherrod Brown was elected to become the First Prime Alder.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample:
I haven't done a Nation RP in a bit, so this is Character RP
So basically the way the legislative works is that there is a House and a Senate. But, there is a third chamber that is composed of the most senior members of both the House and the Senate, will a total of 100 Member, who are called Alders. They are also selected based on the percentage each candidate for Prime Alder got in the Federal Election, it's kind of confusing it I'd be able to explain it more in detail during the IC if I get the chance.
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Cristo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Cristo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Nation Application

Flag (optional):

Wait, didn't like all this revolution stuff just start happening? When did the Cartels have time to start building schools, hospitals, and create a tax code in a places that are currently warzones? When did they have time to write a constitution? When did they have time to host elections? When did they have time for factions to actually pop up in said senate. Also, could I at least keep Nuevon Leon? You claimed it first but I also claimed it. I would still be like half your size in terms of territory, just now I would have an actual big city to base my capital in.

Neo-Cristo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Cristo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:28 pm

When are we starting IC? If it is only a few months since the civil war, I don't think a lot of the crazy stuff which we are proposing would really be feasible.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse