NATION

PASSWORD

1900 : Alternative Divergence [AH][DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, while I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm - no one else has been writing their history as of now. We're two or three weeks away from when we plan to launch our roleplay, so there is a lot of time until any official reservations can be put in place. Old players can do their thing, as an example, I will put some effort into reorganizing my empire and developing my history with what I already have. But new players can't do that.

So it would be the best to just think of whatever idea you'd like to roleplay with the most, and leave the actual work for when the reservations will begin to be made.

Are Oscal, Eralian, and the others in the OP-board available for this?

Yes. Oscal, Elerian and Novacom have been discussing new colonial and claiming rules in the OP board chat for the past few days, and we are doing our best to start working on this.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Are Oscal, Eralian, and the others in the OP-board available for this?

Yes. Oscal, Elerian and Novacom have been discussing new colonial and claiming rules in the OP board chat for the past few days, and we are doing our best to start working on this.

Nice. Has it been decided what year the reboot will take place yet?
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yes. Oscal, Elerian and Novacom have been discussing new colonial and claiming rules in the OP board chat for the past few days, and we are doing our best to start working on this.

I was told that it would be somewhere around 1850, but that might not be the final date. I asked the exact same question xD Trace deals with it every time someone shows up.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

Arventum wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

I was told that it would be somewhere around 1850, but that might not be the final date. I asked the exact same question xD Trace deals with it every time someone shows up.

Peculiar, considering that timeline has already been covered in previous incarnation of this RP. Sometimes returning to the roots might be the best way forward though.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yes. Oscal, Elerian and Novacom have been discussing new colonial and claiming rules in the OP board chat for the past few days, and we are doing our best to start working on this.

Not so far, unfortunately. There are multiple ideas, and from what I remember, 1850 was the one that was most plausible, but I haven't had the time to properly check the discussion in the past few days.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Not so far, unfortunately. There are multiple ideas, and from what I remember, 1850 was the one that was most plausible, but I haven't had the time to properly check the discussion in the past few days.

Well, there's plenty of time to hash it out. Debating whether to roleplay as the Goths again or go with the Vandals this time around.

Heavily leaning in favor of the latter though. Have a new rivalry between Rome and Carthage, a possible Punic War in the nineteenth/twentieth century and all that. :p

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am

Oh, wow. That's, like, a massive population. I'm gonna have to have done some kind of personal union or two between the Sikh and others. Maybe the Mysore and Sri Lankan. That is the only way that I would be able to control the entire country of this mega-Sikh Empire. Even the Sikh had their limits, I suppose.

"Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands, the Maldives"

Q_Q Why tho? I mean, maybe I should just keep to Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands, and the Maldives, but then it looks weird.

I'll just cut the Maldives. Pakistan, India, and Afghanistan are completely necessary. Sri Lanka would be super nice to have, but... oh, wait, not IRL borders.

I don't have to worry about looks. Lemme do the cut down.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Not so far, unfortunately. There are multiple ideas, and from what I remember, 1850 was the one that was most plausible, but I haven't had the time to properly check the discussion in the past few days.

Well, there's plenty of time to hash it out. Debating whether to roleplay as the Goths again or go with the Vandals this time around.

Heavily leaning in favor of the latter though. Have a new rivalry between Rome and Carthage, a possible Punic War in the nineteenth/twentieth century and all that. :p

Such a rivalry could be interesting, but we might be a little too far away for a new and updated Punic War :P

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Such a rivalry could be interesting, but we might be a little too far away for a new and updated Punic War :P

Perhaps a rivalry would not exactly be guaranteed either. Constantinople might be willing to break bread with their neighbors in Africa, provided they could suffer the heresy of Arians lol.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 am

So, any suggestions for how to control large populations? I mean, most of India would be largely inferior to a combination of Sikh and Mysorean forces, but still.

I need to brush up on my control methods. The Sikh had a super easy time controlling things, even with a 70% Muslim majority, because of the nature of their religion (which led to pseudo-secular things being implemented), and also because they were badass af, but warfare is something that I've always been the worst at, tbh.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Such a rivalry could be interesting, but we might be a little too far away for a new and updated Punic War :P

Perhaps a rivalry would not exactly be guaranteed either. Constantinople might be willing to break bread with their neighbors in Africa, provided they could suffer the heresy of Arians lol.

Well, it would be kinda difficult for the Orthodox Church (The Romans will have the Patriarchies of Constantinople, Antioch and Jerusalem at least), to accept such a filthy heresy :P

But it will depend on the situation around the Mediterranean.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 am

Is it okay that I'm bad at warfare, tho, or is that super necessary? I'm not sure how war-focused you guys are.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Well, it would be kinda difficult for the Orthodox Church (The Romans will have the Patriarchies of Constantinople, Antioch and Jerusalem at least), to accept such a filthy heresy :P

At the very least, the Rashidun Caliphate will be stymied at a very early point when they cross North Africa, if the Romans and the Sassanids haven't already thoroughly crushed them from the get go.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

Arventum wrote:Is it okay that I'm bad at warfare, tho, or is that super necessary? I'm not sure how war-focused you guys are.

War is a large component of the RP, both on the ground and naval level.

EDIT: But diplomacy plays a significant, if not greater role too.
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arventum wrote:Is it okay that I'm bad at warfare, tho, or is that super necessary? I'm not sure how war-focused you guys are.

War is a large component of the RP, both on the ground and naval level.

I'm not great at it, but I think I can manage. I just wish that I was better, but it's always been my worst area as a nation roleplayer. At least I'm not terrible, and have a rough understanding, I guess.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, it would be kinda difficult for the Orthodox Church (The Romans will have the Patriarchies of Constantinople, Antioch and Jerusalem at least), to accept such a filthy heresy :P

At the very least, the Rashidun Caliphate will be stymied at a very early point when they cross North Africa, if the Romans and the Sassanids haven't already thoroughly crushed them from the get go.

That's the issue, I suppose. The situation of Islam is yet to be decided, but there is a certain dissatisfaction with the fact that Islam has been crushed so thoroughly. So we might see an Islamic Caliphate somewhere on the map in this iteration of the roleplay.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

To be honest, we generally haven't had that many wars, but wars always remain a possibility.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

That's the issue, I suppose. The situation of Islam is yet to be decided, but there is a certain dissatisfaction with the fact that Islam has been crushed so thoroughly. So we might see an Islamic Caliphate somewhere on the map in this iteration of the roleplay.

*Deus Vult intensifies.

I think there is something poetic about the combined armies of Christ and Ahura Mazda crushing upstart desert nomads, but hey, that might just be me. :p

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 am

In my nation, their seat of power will be extremely highly developed, with even the poor in their capital (Lahore) having wealth that the poor in other cities will find admirable, while other parts of the country are... well, not. To give an approximation, the seat of power of the Sikh Empire is known to be quite grand with beautiful cities that strive to be a paradise as grand as the Aztek cities of yore, while other parts of the country can be so undeveloped that disease can and will run rampant.

Tracian Empire wrote:

To be honest, we generally haven't had that many wars, but wars always remain a possibility.

Thanks ^_^ The Sikh Empire wasn't known to have super great relationships with some of its neighbors, and like India IRL will likely have problems with whatever China is here. In fact, one of the best relationships they had was with the French. They even had Europeans, largely from France, serving in the military.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

If the Sikh managed to use Mughal tech for running water, and Lahore stayed the gem that it had been at some points in time (it had the traits I mention about its wealth IRL; it was super lavish, and wealth ran rampant), then that's feasible, I guess.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 am

Arventum wrote:So, any suggestions for how to control large populations? I mean, most of India would be largely inferior to a combination of Sikh and Mysorean forces, but still.

I need to brush up on my control methods. The Sikh had a super easy time controlling things, even with a 70% Muslim majority, because of the nature of their religion (which led to pseudo-secular things being implemented), and also because they were badass af, but warfare is something that I've always been the worst at, tbh.

As was stated previously, take into account earlier history and the history of other player's both to allow yourself more freedom and give you a better handle of the area.

You could save yourself the trouble of dealing with a hostile Muslim population by preventing the invasion of the Timurids into India in the first place, thereby preventing the spread of Islam into the region.

It's also very likely you won't even have to worry about Islam in the area since the religion is usually suppressed by combined might of the Eastern Roman Empire and Sassanid Persia early on, the latter of which remains Zoroastrian. If anything, you might have to worry about a Zoroastrian and Zunist population in Afghanistan and the nearby area as a Sikh nation.

If you wanted, Buddhist and Jain populations would be relatively more docile than Hindu populations, and there was a period in the early middle ages where the three faiths vied for supremacy in the area. Provided the proper justifications in your history, Hinduism can also be reduced to one of the minor faiths to the advantage of the Sikhs.

Keep in mind that there are limits imposed on players for balance purposes though. Last time, no one player was allowed control of the entire Indian subcontinent, and colonial powers had to slice it up like a cake and divide it between themselves.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arventum wrote:So, any suggestions for how to control large populations? I mean, most of India would be largely inferior to a combination of Sikh and Mysorean forces, but still.

As was stated previously, take into account earlier history and the history of other player's both to allow yourself more freedom and give you a better handle of the area.

You could save yourself the trouble of dealing with a hostile Muslim population by preventing the invasion of the Timurids into India in the first place, thereby preventing the spread of Islam into the region.

It's also very likely you won't even have to worry about Islam in the area since the religion is usually suppressed by combined might of the Eastern Roman Empire and Sassanid Persia early on, the latter of which remains Zoroastrian. If anything, you might have to worry about a Zoroastrian and Zunist population in Afghanistan and the nearby area as a Sikh nation.

If you wanted, Buddhist and Jain populations would be relatively more docile than Hindu populations, and there was a period in the early middle ages where the three faiths vied for supremacy in the area. Provided the proper justifications in your history, Hinduism can also be reduced to one of the minor faiths to the advantage of the Sikhs.

Keep in mind that there are limits imposed on players for balance purposes though. Last time, no one player was allowed control of the entire Indian subcontinent, and colonial powers had to slice it up like a cake and divide it between themselves.

Oh, okay. I understand. That's why I'm creating the "Rift". You have highly developed areas and military might from the Sikh Empire, while the rest of India is more comparable to Europe in the Dark Ages being contrasted against those benefiting from the Golden Age of Islam.

Maybe I should just have Northern India, Mysore, and Pakistan/Afghanistan. That works out best. I'll do that.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to be OP ^_^

I will take everything you've said into heavy consideration.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

Imma just quickly reserve myself Finland, Nowgorod, Estonia, Latvia, Schemaiten, Teutonic EU IV Eastern Prussia, Neumark and Hinterpommern.

Time for the Knights to rise once again hehehehehe...
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Immaculate just quickly reserve myself Finland, Nowgorod, Estonia, Latvia, Schemaiten, Teutonic EU IV Eastern Prussia, Neumark and Hinterpommern.

Time for the Knights to rise once again hehehehehe...

:c That sounds dangerous.

*Pushes the Knights off of a ledge.*

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 am

Arventum wrote:
Oh, okay. I understand. That's why I'm creating the "Rift". You have highly developed areas and military might from the Sikh Empire, while the rest of India is more comparable to Europe in the Dark Ages being contrasted against those benefiting from the Golden Age of Islam.

Maybe I should just have Northern India, Mysore, and Pakistan/Afghanistan. That works out best. I'll do that.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to be OP ^_^

I will take everything you've said into heavy consideration.

That's the spirit! Always here to help.

If I were you though, I would try shooting for more of India anyway and see where it goes. You have nothing to lose by aiming high at first, since if the initial app is rejected, you could always readjust your territory afterwards.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse