NATION

PASSWORD

1900 : Alternative Divergence [AH][DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Arventum wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Non

I bring no chocolate

Only Mauser .89's.

and Fries

The 89 might not be around, yet. The reboot might be earlier, unfortunately for you.

How many fries?

Well in that case i have some lovely M1882 Belgian Comblain single shot 11mms.

As many as you want

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Arventum wrote:
The 89 might not be around, yet. The reboot might be earlier, unfortunately for you.

How many fries?

Well in that case i have some lovely M1882 Belgian Comblain single shot 11mms.

As many as you want

Hopefully you do, but it might be before the 1880s... ;-; Otherwise I would have replaced Sikh guns entirely with Belgian ones, and you'd have a customer with 740,000 soldiers, and I'd have less of an issue with roll-outs of new technology when it came around.

Bring us all the fries, pls

I really need to develop the rest of India, otherwise the economy will have the opposite of growth :c

Hm. How to stop the Timurid invasion. They conquered the city of Herat in 1389... but hm, how to stop?

I think perhaps the Ghurids might have founded a Kingdom of Delhi, and repelled the Timurid invasion, after Herat fell, fighting a war that eventually devolved into constant skirmishes. I'll flesh out the idea better eventually, but right now what I really need is to figure out how Buddhism "won" against Hinduism in the time period where they fought for supremacy to be the largest demographics in the land.

I think that the Ghurid dynasty might work. Since they never became a Muslim dynasty, the Ghurids and their Kingdom of Delhi could have easily led to the widespread and continued existence of Buddhism
Last edited by Arventum on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rE6 ... sp=sharing

This is my app so far. Just, uh, ignore the history for now. It has a lot of info from things not regarding my neighbors, so I'll have to add history about my neighbors and the European nations that the Sikh-Mysorean Empire interacts with in later.

The poor navy, tho ;-;
Last edited by Arventum on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 am

Arventum wrote:
Hm. How to stop the Timurid invasion. They conquered the city of Herat in 1389... but hm, how to stop?

I think perhaps the Ghurids might have founded a Kingdom of Delhi, and repelled the Timurid invasion, after Herat fell, fighting a war that eventually devolved into constant skirmishes. I'll flesh out the idea better eventually, but right now what I really need is to figure out how Buddhism "won" against Hinduism in the time period where they fought for supremacy to be the largest demographics in the land.

I think that the Ghurid dynasty might work. Since they never became a Muslim dynasty, the Ghurids and their Kingdom of Delhi could have easily led to the widespread and continued existence of Buddhism

The Timurids were repelled by the Sassanids with Roman aid. The same goes for the Mongols.

Due to your proximity to one of the two foremost superpowers in Asia, it would make sense for the Sikhs to have served some tributary role as vassals or subjects to the Persians until some independence movement of some kind. Since those lands currently controlled by the Sikhs in your app also belonged to Persia in the past, you would no doubt have to work something out with the Sassanid player when the reboot hits.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:57 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arventum wrote:

The Timurids were repelled by the Sassanids with Roman aid. The same goes for the Mongols.

Due to your proximity to one of the two foremost superpowers in Asia, it would make sense for the Sikhs to have served some tributary role as vassals or subjects to the Persians until some independence movement of some kind. Since those lands currently controlled by the Sikhs in your app also belonged to Persia in the past, you would no doubt have to work something out with the Sassanid player when the reboot hits.

I will definitely talk to the Sassanid player, and talk things out. I just don't know what we would work out :c

Hm, so, the Timurids were repelled by the Sassanids with Roman aid. I thought you told me to figure out how to repel the Timurids myself? Guess that isn't necessary :c

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 am

Sikhism was only founded in the 15th century, so I'm not sure when the Persians - or what iteration of the Persians, either would have had control over the Punjab region, and thus had the Sikhs as a vassal state. The Sikhs being a vassal of the Ghurid Kingdom of Delhi makes more sense, but I might not be understanding things.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

Arventum wrote:Sikhism was only founded in the 15th century, so I'm not sure when the Persians - or what iteration of the Persians, either would have had control over the Punjab region, and thus had the Sikhs as a vassal state. The Sikhs being a vassal of the Ghurid Kingdom of Delhi makes more sense, but I might not be understanding things.

The Sassanids never fell to the Islamic conquests, and so neither did their territories. The regions of Afghanistan and Baluchistan would have Persian for several centuries at this point with heavy Zoroastrian populations and bound together by mutual Iranian identities. Those areas would be particularly rebellious and militant under Sikh rule.

Also, the Timurids were just an example as to how to alter your history and to stress how Islam would never reach India under the current circumstances.

Keep in mind that the Sassanids were the final and greatest of all the Persian dynasties, whose cataphracts were the direct progenitors of the European knights of yore.

If you're looking for a political marriage, I would recommend turning to the Sassanids.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arventum wrote:Sikhism was only founded in the 15th century, so I'm not sure when the Persians - or what iteration of the Persians, either would have had control over the Punjab region, and thus had the Sikhs as a vassal state. The Sikhs being a vassal of the Ghurid Kingdom of Delhi makes more sense, but I might not be understanding things.

The Sassanids never fell to the Islamic conquests, and so neither did their territories. The regions of Afghanistan and Baluchistan would have Persian for several centuries at this point with heavy Zoroastrian populations and bound together by mutual Iranian identities. Those areas would be particularly rebellious and militant under Sikh rule.

Also, the Timurids were just an example as to how to alter your history and to stress how Islam would never reach India under the current circumstances.

Keep in mind that the Sassanids were the final and greatest of all the Persian dynasties, whose cataphracts were the direct progenitors of the European knights of yore.

If you're looking for a political marriage, I would recommend turning to the Sassanids.

No one (or barely anyone) was particularly rebellious and militant under Sikh rule, even when their population was 70% Muslim, but we can figure that out later.

The Sikh actually speak Persian. Persian is one of the most widely spoken languages among them, and is the court language, so communication with the rebels won't be a problem, if there are any... I think.

There probably won't be as many rebels in Baluchistan, though. The Sikh Empire is relatively young, but it was extremely efficient at quickly organizing and subduing rebels, as proven by the fact that they weren't overthrown by the larger Muslim and Hindu demographics, and, frankly, had barely any problems with them.

I'll just... yee, go, uh, do stuffs. lemme fix

I'm going to talk to the last player of Persia, and keep tweaking my application until the two weeks is up so that I can create something nice and sensical for you guys. It'll take me some time to get used to your hyper-AU here.

”Use the enemies’ tactics against ‘em,
It’s kept us safe for decades now.

Sure we’re as not grand,
And we’re so great
As we claim to be,
But what does that matter now?

There’s a woman on the throne,
Less children die from their colds,
Medicine might be hard-sought
In some portions of our nation, though.

Use the enemies’ tactics against ‘em,
They came from the West,
And now we’re blending in with ‘em,
They came from the West.

We could be quite strange,
We could act real deranged,
We could do everything but capitulate in these ways,
But we’ve surrendered enough,
And we don’t need their boats and armies
Coming for our queen.

And we don’t need their Greek fire
Burning us at the seams.

They have the greatness,
We struggle with our numbers,
We’re crumbling under our weight,
Only part of our nation is great;
The rest is quite doomed
Unless we make change.

Burning us at the seams.

All we seek is release,
Not more territory;
All we seek is to be a free beast,
Not their tributary.

Burning us at the seams.

And we don’t need their Emperors,
We certainly don’t want their kings;
Leave us be,
Leave us be,
Cause we’ll cling to things.

You’ll never beat us all the way down,
We could rise up a century or so from now,
And then we will the claim our station at the top;
You know how Euro people and those damned Romans talk.

All they want is more land,
All they have is more greed,
We don’t want their Emperors,
And we certainly don’t want their kings.

Leave us be,
Leave us be,
Target with your Greek fire a tree
If need be;
Just leave us be,
Just leave us be,

We don’t want more territory,
All we seek is release,
All we seek is to be a free beast,
Not their tributary.

So leave us be,
Leave us be.

We don’t need their Greek fire
Burning us at the seams.”
Last edited by Arventum on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Huh... so this is actually going.

For now, there will be a proper reserve thread that may or may not serve as OOC in the future, so please be on hold.

As for stuff... everyone is busy in the OP-land, and the progress usually revolves me making a draft between discussions. We are currently at version 0.3 involving mechanics of the game. I believe that we are pretty much set on 1850 reboot instead of continuing our timeline.

Questions and suggestions are welcome... just dont expect all suggestions to be implemented. I will try to post things that are solidified as the progress is made... on that topic, I should be able to discuss some mechanics soonish.
Last edited by Oscalantine on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 am

Oscalantine wrote:Huh... so this is actually going.

For now, there will be a proper reserve thread that may or may not serve as OOC in the future, so please be on hold.

As for stuff... everyone is busy in the OP-land, and the progress usually revolves me making a draft between discussions. We are currently at version 0.3 involving mechanics of the game. I believe that we are pretty much set on 1850 reboot instead of continuing our timeline.

Questions and suggestions are welcome... just dont expect all suggestions to be implemented. I will try to post things that are solidified as the progress is made... on that topic, I should be able to discuss some mechanics soonish.

Yay.

I've gotten in-depth with my notes and stuff, too. Right now, I've gone so far as to make a Western-styled official title with Sikh/Indian influences, and then gave an explanation of each of them, among other things that range from internal organization, to an explanation about the currency, and the creation of this Dacca Coalition that was made to basically make Bhutan a buddy who felt okay and made gobbling it up harder not easier. Geez, Arv, watch those typos. (gotta defend those borders, right?), and hopefully to one day include the likes of Nepal.

All I need to do is find a set of notes that I lost, and then I'll be fine. I shouldn't have written it down on paper, tho - silly Arven.

I am very enthusiastic. Yes. ;-;
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 am

Can we have a list of currencies and their values on a top ten list, with a translation of the value of one primary unit of a currency into the primary unit of the most valuable currency? Maybe it can be updated every couple weeks, or once a month, or something. I know it's kind of a silly thing to ask for, but I would love to have a visual representation like that. It would also serve as a quick comparison of the economies of some of the nations.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 am

I... don't exactly what to destroy any dreams here, but I am going to give you a fair... errr... food for thought: the RP hasn't rebooted yet, so we are not accepting any reservations just yet. Don't get TOO TOO invested in a country. It is nice to see you so interested though.

Currency... value of currency...

The concept of exchange rate didn't exist until the end of Bretton Wood system, which was AFTER WWII. In fact, the concept of paper money was something of a new concept. The only form of paper money that existed was in banknotes or ... what essentially is bonds. It is glorified IOU for the amount of gold that is written in the documents. Gold coins only really ran out of circulation around 1933.

So... value of currency is its weight. Gold has universal value and countries can simply melt and re-mint the coin if they get coin from another nation. Marketplace would have weights to measure the coin's weight.

And by some sheer idiotic rationale that a nation goes beyond that and actually prints paper money in 1850, the concept of goodwill-backed, floating notes didn't exist until very modern times, and this was only possible because US was such a powerhouse of economy. In our timeline, it would be impossible for ANY nation at the start be able to enforce floating rate on their currencies, if they ever use paper money at all. Plus, with nations getting into imperialism from mercantilism, no nation will be willing to accept another nation's floating policies.

Conclusion: the value of currencies will be its weight in gold, for all currency worth a thing will be gold coins. No nation will be able to enforce a nation-wide universal banknotes, let alone paper money. In the era of imperialism, no neighbors will accept floating rate system, leading not to economic collapse, but the economy rejecting any floating currency downright.

Beyond that... err... economic indicators...

I consider economy as I consider power level of nations: depends on posts. A nation that posts more economic posts will mean that their government is more focused on economy, leading to better economy.

I guess there CAN be a list, but it will cause unintentional drama and headache for who is top and who is not. I had similar system during my time in the regional RP where I put first place in every category, not a list... and that upset quite a few people despite the obviousness.

That said, i will entertain the thought over the board when we come closer to completing our core mechanics.
Last edited by Oscalantine on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 am

Oscalantine wrote:I... don't exactly what to destroy any dreams here, but I am going to give you a fair... errr... food for thought: the RP hasn't rebooted yet, so we are not accepting any reservations just yet. Don't get TOO TOO invested in a country. It is nice to see you so interested though.

The concept of exchange rate didn't exist until the end of Bretton Wood system, which was AFTER WWII. In fact, the concept of paper money was something of a new concept. The only form of paper money that existed was in banknotes or ... what essentially is bonds. It is glorified IOU for the amount of gold that is written in the documents. Gold coins only really ran out of circulation around 1933.

So... value of currency is its weight. Gold has universal value and countries can simply melt and re-mint the coin if they get coin from another nation. Marketplace would have weights to measure the coin's weight.

And by some sheer idiotic rationale that a nation goes beyond that and actually prints paper money in 1850, the concept of goodwill-backed, floating notes didn't exist until very modern times, and this was only possible because US was such a powerhouse of economy. In our timeline, it would be impossible for ANY nation at the start be able to enforce floating rate on their currencies, if they ever use paper money at all. Plus, with nations getting into imperialism from mercantilism, no nation will be willing to accept another nation's floating policies.

Conclusion: the value of currencies will be its weight in gold, for all currency worth a thing will be gold coins. No nation will be able to enforce a nation-wide universal banknotes, let alone paper money. In the era of imperialism, no neighbors will accept floating rate system, leading not to economic collapse, but the economy rejecting any floating currency downright.

Beyond that... err... economic indicators...

I consider economy as I consider power level of nations: depends on posts. A nation that posts more economic posts will mean that their government is more focused on economy, leading to better economy.

I guess there CAN be a list, but it will cause unintentional drama and headache for who is top and who is not. I had similar system during my time in the regional RP where I put first place in every category, not a list... and that upset quite a few people despite the obviousness.

That said, i will entertain the thought over the board when we come closer to completing our core mechanics.

I'll try not to get into it, but I already have ;-;

And that's all fine. It was just a suggestion. I didn't know much about what currencies came into play, or when the gold standard stopped being the... standard. Thanks for the education.

My nation has a tri-metallic system based off of the Mughal Empire's system, said Mughal Empire being replaced by the Delhi Empire for the sake of my sanity when trying to explain stuffs. I might change it, though.

I'm not sure what the pros and cons of a tri-metallic system are when compared to a simple gold standard.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

Oscalantine wrote:I... don't exactly what to destroy any dreams here, but I am going to give you a fair... errr... food for thought: the RP hasn't rebooted yet, so we are not accepting any reservations just yet. Don't get TOO TOO invested in a country. It is nice to see you so interested though.

I gotta look up what kind of ressources there are in the lands I want. Would be terrible to use gold coins without gold.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 am

So, considering the shipbuilding base that the Sikh Empire would have inherited (at one point the state that the Sikh Empire replaced was beating out many notable European powers in ship production, in terms of tonnage), its population, resources, and wealth, would an outdated navy (compared to the more capable European and Orient nations, anyway) that is highly inexperienced made up of an extensive littoral and riverine/brown water navy, and a blue water navy with 45,270 sailors in the blue water navy and a number of 36 72-gun third-rates, 66 fifth-rates, and around 123 sloops-of-war, and the last remaining first-rate of the Admiralty’s trifecta (it was a failed project; they lost the other two) be too big?

Should I lower the numbers, or no? I just think that it would make sense for the Sikh to have the extensive littoral and riverine/brown water navy thanks to their rivers, and all the coast they need to defend, while the other numbers make sense to me, again, because of the coast and islands that I hope to control, and a fear of being invaded by colonizing powers.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

I gotta look up what kind of ressources there are in the lands I want. Would be terrible to use gold coins without gold.

What lands do you want? I forgot who you wanted to be :c. If you don't have gold, tho, we can import it to you :3
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I gotta look up what kind of ressources there are in the lands I want. Would be terrible to use gold coins without gold.

Spoken like a true mercantilist! XDDD

That said, any nation without a gold mine can simply trade for gold. A nation can be filthy rich based on high-demand goods. It... probably would take a lot of said good to fill up the coffers. Also, a nation could have obtained gold via conquest or peace treaty. There are number of ways to get gold... having a mine isn't a prerequisite to being a powerful economic power.

In fact, in the case of Spain, it has a pretty horrendous inflation issue because it mined more than the economy could afford to spend during Spain's heydays. I forgot exactly what happened, but it did contribute significantly to Spain's downfall from height of its power.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I gotta look up what kind of ressources there are in the lands I want. Would be terrible to use gold coins without gold.

Spoken like a true mercantilist! XDDD

That said, any nation without a gold mine can simply trade for gold. A nation can be filthy rich based on high-demand goods. It... probably would take a lot of said good to fill up the coffers. Also, a nation could have obtained gold via conquest or peace treaty. There are number of ways to get gold... having a mine isn't a prerequisite to being a powerful economic power.

In fact, in the case of Spain, it has a pretty horrendous inflation issue because it mined more than the economy could afford to spend during Spain's heydays. I forgot exactly what happened, but it did contribute significantly to Spain's downfall from height of its power.

I did research into ships, and there's stuff like coppering, some oar mechanisms, sheathing ammunition stores in metal, extensive sails/sailplans allowed by a larger than usual upper deck and broader beams, narrower floor plans allowing more rapid speed, iron frames with wooden planking, and flushed decks! Yay for awesome wooden ships in my nation :3

The British East India Company never was able to duplicate flushed decks from the Bengal rice boats, tho. That would mean that European ships would be weaker for a time, hull-wise, unless they figured it out. What effect does that have on stuff? ;-;

Still worried about fleet size, too.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 am

Arventum wrote:I did research into ships, and there's stuff like coppering, some oar mechanisms, sheathing ammunition stores in metal, extensive sails/sailplans allowed by a larger than usual upper deck and broader beams, narrower floor plans allowing more rapid speed, iron frames with wooden planking, and flushed decks! Yay for awesome wooden ships in my nation :3

The British East India Company never was able to duplicate flushed decks from the Bengal rice boats, tho. That would mean that European ships would be weaker for a time, hull-wise, unless they figured it out. What effect does that have on stuff? ;-;

Arv, folks on OP board has been extremely troubled by your work in the OOC. They didn't exactly point out what it was but his post made it obvious enough:

I appreciate your points, but it is one point for you to brainstorm your own ideas, another thing entirely to try to logic your way into changing what is acceptable cannon of another nations. That is for whoever wants to RP as Britain to think about, and it is tedious fact that I don't care too much about to challenge. Furthermore... I won't press the issue, but essentially I banhammered and rejected the app of person who wanted to autoplay another nation's lore/history without due permission. That is the stands that I have for your questions right now: don't know, but that is very dangerous topic for you to ask OP for confirmation, because it resulted in previous guy who did so being rejected from RP.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Arventum wrote:I did research into ships, and there's stuff like coppering, some oar mechanisms, sheathing ammunition stores in metal, extensive sails/sailplans allowed by a larger than usual upper deck and broader beams, narrower floor plans allowing more rapid speed, iron frames with wooden planking, and flushed decks! Yay for awesome wooden ships in my nation :3

Arv, folks on OP board has been extremely troubled by your work in the OOC. They didn't exactly point out what it was but his post made it obvious enough:

I appreciate your points, but it is one point for you to brainstorm your own ideas, another thing entirely to try to logic your way into changing what is acceptable cannon of another nations. That is for whoever wants to RP as Britain to think about, and it is tedious fact that I don't care too much about to challenge. Furthermore... I won't press the issue, but essentially I banhammered and rejected the app of person who wanted to autoplay another nation's lore/history without due permission. That is the stands that I have for your questions right now: don't know, but that is very dangerous topic for you to ask OP for confirmation, because it resulted in previous guy who did so being rejected from RP.

I didn't want to autoplay another nation's lore or history without permission. I was just wondering how that would have been taken care of. I have no idea what to do about that. I just noticed it, and was worried about the impact that would have on European stuff. If I needed to eventually add something to my history so that such info would have been sold at some time, or something, I would have, seeing as how it was such an important development in European shipbuilding. I just didn't want to cause any problems, and wanted to fix an issue before it popped up.

It was a genuine question, and one of concern, and I don't really need or want to get into a conflict of any kind, and while I understand the assumption that you made, I would appreciate it if you didn't make such assumptions again as it causes me stress. I become physically ill when I am in a conflict, and try to avoid them because of that. I don't need to throw up in the middle of class, or anything.

All I want to do is help, and find stuff out.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 am

When this magic thread pops up, you ought to leave us poor plebs who never check the NS Forum and Subforum Index a link.

Oscalantine wrote:Arv, folks on OP board has been extremely troubled by your work in the OOC. They didn't exactly point out what it was but his post made it obvious enough:.

I am also worried. He has been literally spamming the s### out of this OOC in the past couple days all by himself.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am

When this magic thread pops up, you ought to leave us poor plebs who never check the NS Forum and Subforum Index a link.

Oscalantine wrote:Arv, folks on OP board has been extremely troubled by your work in the OOC. They didn't exactly point out what it was but his post made it obvious enough:.

I am also worried. He has been literally spamming the s### out of this OOC in the past couple days all by himself.

So, I'm a little annoying. I don't see a problem with that.

I just have questions and stuff, and, honestly, your negativity is just as grating as the perceived sleight I made against you, and could be considered quite rude.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:43 am

I legit don't do anything else on NS right now, though. I just scroll through this thread, and the old ones to gather information and try to gain my bearings, and read when I'm not busy with school work, or choir, or being in a parade, or something similar. It's like reading a book when you watch a TV show that you aren't really paying attention to, which is exactly what I do, but with Alternative Divergence instead.

I apologize if I've been annoying, or if you believe that I have made a sleight against you in some way, as that was not my intention. I just am intrigued. So, if we need to talk this out or something, we can. I don't want to have issues with any of you simply because I'm a little weird. I'm always going to be a little weird, and that won't change. I've been bullied for being weird before - which comes with the territory of Autism, PTSD, ADHD, and having some obsessive compulsive tendencies - and don't want this to get to that point.

So, can we please relax?

I think that would be the best bet rather than you tiptoeing around me to lodge a complaint with one of the OPs, in an attempt to avoid a confrontation, when all it does is create an atmosphere where a conflict/confrontation will be had, and creates issues with negativity on everyone's part as a result. I would like to be treated as though I am a human being, and that might require you sending a TG that is like "hey, man, you post a lot in the OOC. It's supposed to be dead. Can you chill?" rather than you making profanities in anger, and for some people that's a little bit of extra work, but I think it's worth it as long as we all get along.

Unless of course you don't want to get along, or even try to get along, and do, in fact, want me to stop trying to be polite and mature about this thing. I do want to get along, but ignoring me and allowing your feelings to only get more heated is going to cause problems.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:11 am

Arventum wrote:I legit don't do anything else on NS right now, though. I just scroll through this thread, and the old ones to gather information and try to gain my bearings, and read when I'm not busy with school work, or choir, or being in a parade, or something similar. It's like reading a book when you watch a TV show that you aren't really paying attention to, which is exactly what I do, but with Alternative Divergence instead.

I apologize if I've been annoying, or if you believe that I have made a sleight against you in some way, as that was not my intention. I just am intrigued. So, if we need to talk this out or something, we can. I don't want to have issues with any of you simply because I'm a little weird. I'm always going to be a little weird, and that won't change. I've been bullied for being weird before - which comes with the territory of Autism, PTSD, ADHD, and having some obsessive compulsive tendencies - and don't want this to get to that point.

So, can we please relax?

I think that would be the best bet rather than you tiptoeing around me to lodge a complaint with one of the OPs, in an attempt to avoid a confrontation, when all it does is create an atmosphere where a conflict/confrontation will be had, and creates issues with negativity on everyone's part as a result. I would like to be treated as though I am a human being, and that might require you sending a TG that is like "hey, man, you post a lot in the OOC. It's supposed to be dead. Can you chill?" rather than you making profanities in anger, and for some people that's a little bit of extra work, but I think it's worth it as long as we all get along.

Unless of course you don't want to get along, or even try to get along, and do, in fact, want me to stop trying to be polite and mature, and start cursing back at you. I would rather not escalate, however.

If I were tiptoing around you, I would not be posting in here and instead just send a TG straight to the OPs.

Now, please, you relax, yes? You have made no sleight against me nor am I annoyed. Besides, Thrace can ensure you that I my use of profanities on NS has nothing to do with anger. Heck, I don't even consider it to be much of a profanity nor in any way negative but merely as a phrase to express how incredibly much you have posted. Urban Dictionary supports me in this. So please don't freak out when there is no problem. Nobody here is cursing at you or being angry with you, heck, nobody is treating you like something less than human. I am simply overwhelmed by the amount of effort you've blown into this in just a couple of days and want to express this properly.

Also, just as a friendly question, you ask for me to go to TG and treat you like a human, to not spread negativity or anything and to relax? Meanwhile you write a complete post ranting about this? You could've written a TG if you felt as if you were being treated badly, like you suggested I should do.

Arventum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 am

Arventum wrote:I legit don't do anything else on NS right now, though. I just scroll through this thread, and the old ones to gather information and try to gain my bearings, and read when I'm not busy with school work, or choir, or being in a parade, or something similar. It's like reading a book when you watch a TV show that you aren't really paying attention to, which is exactly what I do, but with Alternative Divergence instead.

So, can we please relax?

Unless of course you don't want to get along, or even try to get along, and do, in fact, want me to stop trying to be polite and mature, and start cursing back at you. I would rather not escalate, however.

If I were tiptoing around you, I would not be posting in here and instead just send a TG straight to the OPs.

Now, please, you relax, yes? You have made no sleight against me nor am I annoyed. Besides, Thrace can ensure you that I my use of profanities on NS has nothing to do with anger. Heck, I don't even consider it to be much of a profanity nor in any way negative but merely as a phrase to express how incredibly much you have posted. Urban Dictionary supports me in this. So please don't freak out when there is no problem. Nobody here is cursing at you or being angry with you, heck, nobody is treating you like something less than human. I am simply overwhelmed by the amount of effort you've blown into this in just a couple of days and want to express this properly.

Also, just as a friendly question, you ask for me to go to TG and treat you like a human, to not spread negativity or anything and to relax? Meanwhile you write a complete post ranting about this? You could've written a TG if you felt as if you were being treated badly, like you suggested I should do.

Okay. I apologize. I'm stupid sometimes, I guess. I'll just try to... do something else, I guess.

I misunderstood the situation. I think I need a break for a bit, and maybe some music. Lunch is coming up, and I'll be away from the computer and my phone, so I can get a small reprieve from my technology addiction.

Edit: Okay. Stepping away now. It is break time.
Last edited by Arventum on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse