NATION

PASSWORD

Puella Magi Civitas Angeli (OOC/Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Puella Magi Civitas Angeli (OOC/Interest)

Postby Rupudska » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

魔法少女天使の市
MAHOU SHOUJO TENSHI NO SHI

P U E L L A      M A G I      C I V I T A S      A N G E L I
In-Character Thread

April 10, 2025.

It has been ten years since order has been restored to the cosmos, and the Law of Cycles is once again in the hands of the rightful Goddess. Normality has been restored to the system - Kyubey grants Wishes for girls, girls become Magical Girls, Magical Girls fight wraiths and the occasional archon for their Grief Cubes to rid their Soul Gems of despair, Magical Girls squabble over territory and either gain control of a city (or cities) or end up working for someone who does, Magical Girls use the name of their cities instead of their real names (more out of tradition and etiquette than necessity), and eventually Magical Girls succumb to the Law of Cycles, whether through despair, age, or in a few legendary cases, choice.

In the United States, though, the winds of change have started to blow. For decades, Los Angeles has been referred to as 'The City Where Magical Girls Go To Die', and the only girls ballsy enough to to claim a name from the Southland are Terminatrixes - Magical Girls hired by Kyubey to off Magical Girls considered too dangerous to allow to live; and even then these Terminatrixes rarely if ever actually live within the Los Angeles metropolitan area - the wraiths are too strong, too smart, too numerous for any sane Magical Girl to ever consider taking on without an army, or even the Army, and Terminatrixes rarely have abilities useful for handling wraiths.

But an army indeed is forming to take back Tinseltown. Initially postulated as a half-serious idea by the previous Las Vegas, the idea gained steam when San Francisco admitted to liking it, and later Phoenix and Albuquerque. Still, no real motions to act on the idea came to fruition until the kingdom-like state of Chicago decided to support the idea, and dozens more followed suit, from Anchorage to Zacatecas. Some out of interest, some out of boredom, some out of lust for battle, and of course, some just to get rid of a few annoying Magical Girls by throwing them in the world's bloodiest meat grinder west of the Prime Meridian.

The date is set - April 19, 2025. On this day, efforts commence to seize Los Angeles from control of the wraiths.

All while keeping the mundanes out of it. The Masquerade must go on without the real Army finding out, after all.

大筋
ŌSUJI

SYNOPSIS

Los Angeles is a town so infested with wraiths and other demon things that no sane Magical Girl would dare enter it alone. But now there are hundreds of Magical Girls heading for Los Angeles in an organized force to rid the United States of the last city without a single Magical Girl keeping the wraiths in check. Some of you are here for boredom, some for glory, some because a more powerful Magical Girl who may or may not be your superior told you to. Regardless, you are here, and the effort to 'liberate' Los Angeles will start soon, the effort having been planned months in advance. But no plan of battle ever survives first contact with the enemy, and there are far worse ways to die than old age or the Law of Cycles...

世界
SEKAI

THE WORLD

Map of North America - Coming Soon!

Magical Girls have existed almost as long as there has been civilization, perhaps older - at the very least, the Incubators known as 'Kyubey' has been known by historically-minded Magical Girls to have been on Earth in some quantity or another for at least ten thousand years, and Magical Girls cannot exist without Incubators. The Law of Cycles has also existed as long as there have been Magical Girls - even the very earliest records regarding them mention it. Of course, there are only four non-MG organizations in the world with this knowledge, with the documents in question kept in a hidden archive beneath St. Peter's Basilica along with other historical documents relating to Magical Girls, with similar collections in the Ise Grand Shrine in Japan, the Library of Congress' secret vault in the mountains of West Virginia, and the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple's basement in India.

Regardless, society and the world marched on blissfully unaware of the existence of Kyubey, Magical Girls, or wraiths of any sort, except in fairy tales, television, and the writings of a certain Rhode Island author who was famously afraid of sea creatures, plants, and black people. In more modern events, the 2024 election was a landmark one in numerous ways - the Democratic Party was desperate to regain power after eight long years of Trump, the Republicans were desperate to find a replacement, and the Libertarians and Greens sought sweet, sweet Relevance, which they at last got, with the Greens securing two percent of the vote and the Libertarians gaining eighteen, securing Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Montana. It was enough to split the voter base in three, but not enough to prevent a Republican from winning again - Maxwell Schopenhauer, a veteran of the Iraq War and a senator from Kansas who helped oversee the cleanup of ISIS and the liberation of Kurdistan, America's newest ally in the Middle East. Despite being a more moderate Republican, there is still a sense of distrust of the President and the American government as a whole from both sides, as well as a distrust in the media and police forces. While the situation is nowhere near as volatile as it was in the first two years of the Trump administration, there is still a sense of tension between the left and right in America. Perhaps despite or even because of this, the number of wraiths and Archons in America has only decreased since then by about fifteen percent.

Technology, too, has advanced - Chevrolet has announced the C9 Corvette will be a hybrid, as electric cars are over twice as common as they were ten years ago. America's train network, revitalized in the later years of the Trump administration in a bid to create jobs, has begun to expand its high-speed rail network, and connected itself with Canada's and Mexico's in December of last year. Virtual Reality has grown from a gimmick in the gaming industry to as large a factor as handhelds, and has even expanded into mainstream television use, with the world's first VRMMO - EVE: Blackened Skies, jointly developed by NASA and CCP Games - to enter open beta in early May. Medically, the first 'printed' organs were implanted successfully in 2021, with the first reproductive organ transplant later that year. The world's first publicly operational nuclear fusion reactor went online in 2023, and the technology swiftly propagated. And lastly, NASA is currently testing what is believed could be a working faster-than-light propulsion system.

宗教
SHŪKYŌ

RELIGION

Naturally there are the traditional religions of the world - Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Shintoism, and the hundreds of others - and even those who do not believe in anything at all. However, religion holds an important place in the realm of Magical Girls because unlike any other religion, that of the Magical Girls has indisputable evidence it exists in the form of the Law of Cycles, though since few know of the divine nature of the Law of Cycles, there are still many Magical Girls that follow other religions, or even none at all.

Simply put, when a Magical Girl has their Wish granted by an Incubator (henceforth and before referred to as Kyubey or QB), their Soul is removed from their body and compressed to a hyperdense, durable (but not indestructible) form known as a Soul Gem, which takes three forms - the Active form, which appears when they are 'transformed' into a Magical Girl and using their supply of magic (this form changes wildly between individuals), the Inactive form, which takes the form of a simple silver ring on the left middle finger with the Gem itself in a diamond shaped inlay, and the Inert form, which resembles a Faberge egg. As a Magical Girl fights and uses magic, or as they slip into depression (or worse, despair), the Soul Gem steadily dulls, then blackens. Using the Grief Cubes dropped by defeated Wraiths and the far more powerful Archons, a Soul Gem can be restored to its normal state or even supercharged. At no point besides totality will a Soul Gem's corruption increase on its own. However, when a Soul Gem blackens completely, the Magical Girl 'dies' and is taken by the Law of Cycles to 'heaven' - a fairly common occurrence. What is rare, and what makes it a religion, is that a select few Magical Girls with vision-related abilities have seen what happens exactly. Each report is exactly the same - A tall woman of Asian descent with floor length pink hair and a white dress whose inside contains the universe wraps their arms around the Magical Girl and touches their Soul Gem, purifying it instantly. Both the woman and the Magical Girl then vanish.

憲法
KENPŌ

RULES

1. I am the OP thy OP and my Word is Law.
  2. RP samples are required for anyone I have not invited directly, either via TG or Discord messages.
  3. Bad behavior in the OP will result in Punishment, the severity depending on the behavior.
  4. Godmodding? Sonic sez that's noo good and will be punished harshly.
  5. Try to stay active in the IC and OOC, and if you have questions for me please post them here instead of TGing me to keep activity up. If you want to be inactive for a while but want to come back later and keep your current character, let me know, otherwise I may kill your character off.
  6. I expect posts of decent quality from everyone, including myself. We all have days where it's hard to write anything, but try to get at least 4 or so complete sentences -
    dialogue can be shorter.
  7. Puella Magi Madoka Magica has SUFFERING, but keep it PG-13.
  8. This RP operates on a three-strike policy. Players on their third strike will be taken by the Law of Cycles.
⑨ Universal Rule Zero is in effect: Fun things are meant to be fun. Have fun, and always, stay frosty.

履歴書
RIREKISHO

APPLICATION

Code: Select all
[size=130][color=#ef8289][b]人間履歴書[/b][/color][/size][hr][/hr][floatright][Tab=5][/Tab][img]Image go here[/img][/floatright][b][u]Character Info (Compulsory):[/u][/b]
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Territory Name:[/b] (For example, if your character claims (or is granted by a more powerful Magical Girl), say, Fargo as their territory, you'd write 'Fargo' here, or 'DuPage' for DuPage County, Illinois.)
[b]Age:[/b] (10-20, most Magical Girls are in the middle of that range)
[b]Faction:[/b] (If any)
[b]Appearance:[/b] Description go here, images go in the floatright section above. If your Magical Girl costume is different than what your image has, describe it here. Also describe the Active appearance of your Soul Gem, and its color.)

[b][u]Magical Girl Description (Compulsory):[/u][/b]
[b]Wish:[/b] (When Kyubey asked you to make a Contract and become a Magical Girl, what was your wish?)
[b]Powers:[/b] (What are your powers? Every Magical Girl gets regeneration, healing, limited flight, and enhanced strength and speed. Your main power/powers MUST be related to your Wish. For example, the canon PMMM character Homura Akemi wished to be able to redo her meeting with Madoka and be strong enough to protect her, so she was granted the ability to go back in time and pause time, and have a Hammerspace to store items. Mami Tomoe wished to be able to 'connect to life' or 'continue living', the wording wasn't clear, and could use magical ribbons of near-infinite length.)
[b]Weapon:[/b] (Can be literally anything.)
[b]Finisher:[/b] (Optional, some girls have them, some girls don't, needs a requirement for use, like only being usable when the sun is out)

[b][u]Physical Description (Optional):[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Optional)

[b][u]History (Compulsory):[/u][/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (Minimum of one paragraph)
[b]RP Example:[/b] (Link to one of your posts or an RP you OP'd preferred)

[color=#d4a87e]NINGEN[/color] (DO NOT REMOVE)
Code: Select all
[code][align=center](Flag image, if any, goes here, this is wholly optional -
 most Magical Girl 'nation-states' use the flag of whatever specific territory the Magical Girl in charge claims - for example, Las Vegas's nation-state uses the Las Vegas city flag.)[/align]
[size=130][color=#ef8289][b]国家履歴書[/b][/color][/size][hr][/hr][b]Faction name:[/b]
[b]Territory claimed:[/b] (Counties/municipalities, cities, or just a general part of a state/states/province/provinces)
[b]Government system:[/b] (Most have some form or another, from the simple to the elaborate, usually some form of junta-like system with a mix of cronyism and meritocracy - also describe how strict/lenient the leader is to disobedience)
[b]Ideology:[/b] (optional)
[b]Number of Magical Girls:[/b] (Maximum limit for player factions is 100 without OP approval and/or a good reason)
[b]Notable Magical Girls:[/b] (optional)

[color=#d4a87e]KOKKA[/color] (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Rupudska on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

配役
HAIYAKU

DRAMATIS PERSONÆ

Detroit, queen of all Michigan
Anchorage, the toymaker
Carrolton, speaker for the dead
Tacoma, the speedster
Manhattan, the hand of the Goddess
San Diego, the guardian
Austin, the burning star of Texas
Los Angeles, the bringer of death

国家
KOKKA

PATRIE

Chicago, the Holy City
Detroit, the unconquered land
New York City, the empire
San Diego, the gate of Hell
Austin, the land of dragons
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm

My apps, which are also Example Apps. And fuck yes, actually got this up the day I said I was going to! Screw you, Curse Of Doing Everything The Day After I Say I Do!

人間履歴書
Character Info (Compulsory):
Territory Name: Detroit
Faction: Detroit
Appearance: 5'7 and lanky, Skylar is a girl whom puberty is in the process of hitting like a freight train, but it doesn't seem to want to hit all at once - her legs and arms are growing faster than the rest of her body, and judging by their rate she may top off at a hair over 6 feet. Has numerous scars on her back and side that formed before she Contracted. Her Magical Girl costume consists of a indigo-feathered black cavalier hat with a white band, an indigo and black sleeveless two-tone vest, white elbow-length gloves, indigo bloomers, white tights, and knee-length, European style riding boots with four-inch heels that come up to just below her knees. Her Soul Gem is a square blue gem on her hat's ribbon, resembling sapphire.

Magical Girl Description (Compulsory):
Wish: "I don't wanna be afraid anymore! I don't want to ever be afraid anymore!"
Powers: Something has gone wrong with Detroit's hypothalamus - She can experience fight or flight response, her adrenaline gland will gladly kick in, but she cannot feel fear. She is physically incapable of feeling fear. Her physical strength and speed is boosted well beyond that of normal Magical Girls, and she has the ability to transfer the fear she should be fearing onto other living things, wraiths included. It may work with archons, she's never tried. (Detroit is a weird city, despite the high numbers of wraiths (comparable to LA or Saint Louis), it really doesn't get any archons, unlike the other Big Hellholes). Her other powers are electricity, which takes the form of violet lightning and bolts, and weapon cloning - like many Magical Girls, she can summon duplicates of her weapon. Unlike them, she can control them independently.
Weapon: A white-bladed katar with a pair of gunmetal grey short barrels on either side of the blade that resemble the barrel and body of an Uzi, except with a semicircular 'magazine' that flops outward to form a buckler with a diameter of 40 cm. The blade can be fired and used as a grappling hook or a bladed reel, or even a blade-tipped whip - the range is approximately 200 meters. The guns can be 'overcharged' to fire an electrified, explosive burst of energy.
Finisher: 'Iron Rain' - Detroit spawns hundreds of her katars around the target and they fire their blades at once to ensnare the target, before rapid-firing substantially more powerful versions of the overcharged bursts. Can only be used during a storm.

Physical Description (Optional):
Height: 5'7
Weight: 126 lbs
Likes/Dislikes: TBAL
Personality: TBAL

History (Compulsory):
Bio:
I was born, in Saginaw, Michigan / I grew up in a house on Saginaw Bay
My dad was a poor, hard working Saginaw fisherman / Too many times he came home with too little pay

Such was the early life of Detroit, long before she even contracted, she had troubles, and so did the previous Detroit and the Magical Girls of Michigan. At the time, Chicago was strong and Michigan was plentiful, but not well defended. It wasn't until around when she began 'observational' (pre-Wish) training with the then-Saginaw that Chicago actually did anything about it. First sending messages suggesting an alliance (submission), then 'messages' escalating from stolen Grief Cubes to sending the gangs of Chicago into the Detroit area, and finally breaking out to all-out combat that resulted in the previous Saginaw's death and Skylar's Wishing. After another few weeks of fighting, Chicago backed down, though this was more due to The Six of New York City stepping in to force the peace than anything.

Having Wished at the age of 11, Skylar spent a year as Saginaw before being bumped up to Dearborn, then another five months before becoming Windsor. During this time, a wound sustained by the previous Detroit had begun to worsen, ultimately resulting in the girl's death. As the next in line, Skylar became Detroit at the age of 14. The girls beneath her sensed strength, but Chicago only saw weakness, and attempted the same tactics. Skylar was not fooled, and sent their messenger back demanding that Chicago herself challenge her if she wanted Michigan so badly, though in far more colorful words, which she sent Flint to Chicago to ensure the messenger repeated.

Skylar defeated the previous Chicago, resulting in the woman stepping down and her daughter taking her place as the current Chicago. Skylar's status as Detroit has not been questioned since.
RP Example: No

NINGEN (DO NOT REMOVE)

国家履歴書
Faction name: Holy Order of Chicago
Territory claimed: Virtually all of Illinois north of Jersey County, most of Indiana north of same, a small corner of Michigan (Barrien, Van Buren and Cass Counties), most of the northern Ohio-Indiana border counties, Wisconsin as far north as Madison, the southeastern corner of Minnesota. For a brief period in 2015 and 2016 it claimed Minneapolis after the previous Minneapolis, Clair Ibsen, was killed, however this lasted less than half a year.
Government system: The Holy Order is a very absolute and very theocratic absolute theocratic monarchy, and has been since the previous Chicago took power in 2009, and her office passed to the current Chicago, her daughter. Beneath her are Chicago's Four Centurions, the four most powerful and most loyal Magical Girls under Chicago itself. Punishment for disobedience or disrespect for Her Munificence is generally swift as it is medieval. Despite the current Chicago being notably weaker than her mother, she is by no means weak, and still rules over the southern shores of Lake Michigan with an iron fist, and the golden armored Magical Girls under her rule.
Ideology: Obedience to the Empress, worship of the Goddess. Anything less is treason or blasphemy. Cleanliness of mind, body, and word. Almost Templar-like.
Number of Magical Girls: 200, estimated
Notable Magical Girls: DuPage, Milwaukee, Aurora, Kenosha, Gary, Will

KOKKA (DO NOT REMOVE)

国家履歴書
Faction name: Detroit
Territory claimed: All of Michigan not claimed by Chicago to the south, the Toledo metropolitan area, Essex, Chatham-Kent and Lambton Counties Ontario
Government system: Simplicity in itself - Detroit's 'governmental system' is mostly meritocratic based on the ability to bring in the Grief Cubes and not be a dick.
Number of Magical Girls: 70
Notable Magical Girls: Windsor, Toledo, Saginaw, Dearborn, Flint, Marquette

KOKKA (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:40 am

You have my attention.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 am

Wolfenium wrote:You have my attention.

Do I have your bow?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:21 am

Hmm...
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

WolFina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 am

Should I put a pretentious Faust quote here or just tag?
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
Gaiserin wrote:/Puts cat ears on you.
( •̀ω•́ )
Rupudska wrote:I bet you'd look cute in a miniskirt and thigh highs.

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 am

Wolfina wrote:Should I put a pretentious Faust quote here or just tag?

Both.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:22 am

I have a antagonist idea for this. My concept is a politician who made a Faustian deal with a especially powerful wraith. He is currently planning on running for mayor in a upcoming election with his wraith master giving him directions. Also, he runs a organization called The Sentinels which is basically a city-wide Neighborhood Watch that actually acts like thugs and enforcers for the villain.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:55 am

Shark isle wrote:I have a antagonist idea for this. My concept is a politician who made a Faustian deal with a especially powerful wraith. He is currently planning on running for mayor in a upcoming election with his wraith master giving him directions. Also, he runs a organization called The Sentinels which is basically a city-wide Neighborhood Watch that actually acts like thugs and enforcers for the villain.

No. Wraiths are barely sapient.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 am

Rupudska wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I have a antagonist idea for this. My concept is a politician who made a Faustian deal with a especially powerful wraith. He is currently planning on running for mayor in a upcoming election with his wraith master giving him directions. Also, he runs a organization called The Sentinels which is basically a city-wide Neighborhood Watch that actually acts like thugs and enforcers for the villain.

Ok. Could a archon do a Faust-style deal?

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:36 am

Can I make a trap?
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am

Nea Videssos wrote:Can I make a trap?

Nope!
Shark isle wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

Ok. Could a archon do a Faust-style deal?

Archons are intelligent enough, but also powerful enough that they wouldn't need anyone's help (besides the wraiths they spawn) to feed off despair. So also no. Simply put, your idea is a 'no'.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am

Rupudska wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:Can I make a trap?

Nope!
Shark isle wrote:Ok. Could a archon do a Faust-style deal?

Archons are intelligent enough, but also powerful enough that they wouldn't need anyone's help (besides the wraiths they spawn) to feed off despair. So also no. Simply put, your idea is a 'no'.

Aww. :(

Reminds me, I managed to cobble up an excuse for a mahou otokonoko in a couple of other Puella Magi RPs a while back (one OPed by Charlia, and the other by IJ):

Nea Videssos wrote:
Charlia wrote:Madoka Magica rules of the universe. No such thing as magical boys... or magical traps.

Is there really a reason stated anywhere, or is it "just because girls are more appropriate" or something?"

Hmm, time to look around, I suppose, though it's been a while since I watched Madoka, and I can't quite recall if I finished it or not. Either way, I got the general gist of the ending, via reading around....

I spotted this, somewhere on a forum:
For the Madoka universe, it would not be economical--and the Incubators are all about economy. They chose girls at age 12-14 because that's when they go through the most emotional turmoil. Boys don't really go through that as much, so thus make less effective bombs.

That seems to be the main reason. So it's not like it'd be impossible, right?

Nea Videssos wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yeah, that's the reason.

Well... I suppose if an Incubator confused a trap for an actual girl... I guess it could work...

That, and/or they saw that the trap had more potential/energy or whatever. I suppose that "emotional energy/turmoil" thing would be the main reason they target particular people to become magical girls, so that would be more important than whether or not they're girls (or even human, for that matter, considering that there's a dog and an alien witch). Anyway...

Not sure if that would help persuade you. If not, nevermind.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:51 am

Nea Videssos wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Nope!

Reminds me, I managed to cobble up an excuse for a mahou otokonoko in a couple of other Puella Magi RPs a while back (one OPed by Charlia, and the other by IJ):

Nea Videssos wrote:
Is there really a reason stated anywhere, or is it "just because girls are more appropriate" or something?"

Hmm, time to look around, I suppose, though it's been a while since I watched Madoka, and I can't quite recall if I finished it or not. Either way, I got the general gist of the ending, via reading around....

I spotted this, somewhere on a forum:

That seems to be the main reason. So it's not like it'd be impossible, right?

Nea Videssos wrote:
That, and/or they saw that the trap had more potential/energy or whatever. I suppose that "emotional energy/turmoil" thing would be the main reason they target particular people to become magical girls, so that would be more important than whether or not they're girls (or even human, for that matter, considering that there's a dog and an alien witch). Anyway...

Well the alien is from Portable and thus not technically canon, but the dog is indisputably canon, so sure.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:38 pm

I'mma bookmark this. :3
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Briefly checking in.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:I'mma bookmark this. :3

Surprising to see YOU here, Österreich.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Tag.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey Videssos.

My highly socjus take on the matter is that a MtF trans could have the soul of an human girl that Incubators are highly interested in.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Wolfina wrote:Should I put a pretentious Faust quote here or just tag?

Both.

It's a tie between "Two souls, alas, are housed within my breast, and each will wrestle for the mastery there," and "The Earth has won me back."
Agritum wrote:Hey Videssos.

My highly socjus take on the matter is that a MtF trans could have the soul of an human girl that Incubators are highly interested in.

This is true. I've had to take out a restraining order several times against white furballs trying to get me to sign pacts with them.
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
Gaiserin wrote:/Puts cat ears on you.
( •̀ω•́ )
Rupudska wrote:I bet you'd look cute in a miniskirt and thigh highs.

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:

Well the alien is from Portable and thus not technically canon, but the dog is indisputably canon, so sure.

So I can make a trap, then?
If so, thanks (want to make sure I'm not misintpreting the "sure" bit).

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

So I can make a trap, then?
If so, thanks (want to make sure I'm not misintpreting the "sure" bit).

Yes, you can.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:07 pm

I am here.
I am not here because I'm in the process of moving, again. But I am here. Maybe to read. Maybe to apply. Might take some time to iron out which.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Time to try this for the first time.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse