NATION

PASSWORD

World of Tesla (OOC, Apps, AH, FT, Nation/Character RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 am

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Oh well.

I'd like to reserve this

Basically, pre-WW1 Austria, Croatia, and Bosnia.

We historians would call it Greater Cisleithania probably :-). Reserved.

It can't be that Great if the Hungarians have stolen Bohemia and Moravia :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Free Territory of Makhnovia
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:18 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:We historians would call it Greater Cisleithania probably :-). Reserved.

It can't be that Great if the Hungarians have stolen Bohemia and Moravia :P

So...Kind of Greater, But Actually Not-so-great-as-it-could-be Cisleithania. :) :) :)

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 am

Nation Name: The Austrian Empire/German: Kaisertum Österreich/Latin: Imperium Austriacum/Croatian: Austrijsko Carstvo/Bosnian: Austrijsko Carstvo/Slovenian: Avstrijsko Cesarstvo/Italian: Impero Austriaco

The Danube Monarchy/German: Die Donaumonarchie/Croatian: Dunav Monarhija/Bosnian: Dunav Monarhija/Slovenian:Donava Monarhija/Italian: La Monarchia Danubiana

Austria/German:Österreich/Croatian:Austrija/Bosnian:Austrija/Slovenian:Avstrija/Italian: Austria
Flag of your nation: Flag of the Austrian Empire
One paragraph history of your nation: Vittorio Veneto.. perhaps, in other worlds, this was the end of the Habsburg Monarchy.. but here, it was a battle that never happened. After the disastrous Italian defeat in Caporetto, fate itself was changed when an artillery shell killed Armando Diaz, when he was inspecting the new Italian positions on the Piave River. With his death, the general command of the Italian forces was given to someone else.. but it just wasn't enough. On the Austrian side, Emperor Karl intervened decisively in the favor of von Straußenburg, and the Austrians decided to risk everything on a final offensive. Unlike the all-out attack in real life, the Battle of the Solstice began with a pinpointed Austrian offensive against the western part of the front, the weakest, the Giudicarie sector. Austro-Hungarian formations, trained by the Germans, employed similar tactics to those of the Imperial German Army during the Kaiserschlacht, while without Diaz, the Italian Army retained its lack of mobility and reaction. That rigidity marked its downfall. On the 18th of June, the Italian front was broken, and by the 20th, it turned into a general rout of the Italian forces. The decisive Austrian victory marked the end of the war for Italy. On the 25th, the Kingdom of Italy surrendered. The end of the Second Battle of the Piave River strengthened the morale of the Imperial and Royal Army, especially that of the ethnically Austrian units, and it allowed the army to continue to exist as a fighting force. A great price had to be paid however, as the Austrians lost 200,000 men there. The victory only managed to soften the collapse of the Empire, not to stop it.

After the armistice, and the eventual peace treaty with Italy, signed in September 1918, which returned the borders to a status quo ante bellum, military forces were brought back into Cislethania, with the objective of sending them to help the Germans. But it was too late. The disastrous events of the autumn of 1918 still happened. but parts of the military remained loyal to Karl. The rebellion in Vienna and Austria proper was repressed, and military units were sent to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Hungary, and Bohemia. Imperial authority was maintained in the first three, but the weakened military failed to stop the revolutionaries in Hungary and Bohemia, and of course, in the rest of the Empire. With the fall of Germany, and with the fear of Italy reentering the war, Vienna reached an agreement with Hungary and the Czechoslovak state, recognizing their independence, effectively marking the end of the Austro-Hungarian state. The Empire of Austria was proclaimed as a rump state, and after lengthy negotiations with the Allies, it was recognized as a state.

The Congress of Vienna was held in early 1919, and the Empire was reorganized as a federal constitutional monarchy, trying to respect the fourteen points as much as humanly possible. Unrest was quelled, the military was reorganized, and Austria signed the Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, which was much more lenient than the one in real life. Austria remained united due to the loyalty to the Habsburg Crown, and as such, it escaped the turbulent period that the First Republic of Austria had to endure. Various reforms managed to stop the decline of the economy, and by 1928, it could be said that Austria had mostly recovered, even if it just a pale shadow of its former self. The Empire now finds itself in a weird position, as tensions have been rising between it, Hungary, and Bohemia. If it wishes to survive, Austria has to return to its former glory.. no matter the cost.

Government Form: The Austrian Empire is a federal constitutional monarchy, formed by 6 constituent states, known as Imperial States/Reichsländer with varying state titles, all equal inside the federation, and united in the person of the Emperor and in the many federal institutions. Each state has its own constitution, recognizes the Emperor as its ruler and its subordination to the federal authorities, but is left largely autonomous in regards to its internal organization. The foundation of the federal form of Austria is build upon the Constitution of 1919, known by various names, like the Imperial Reform/Reichsreform/Renovatio Imperii.
The powers in the state are separated, with the legislative power being held by the Imperial Diet/Reichstag, which acts like a parliament in other countries, and the Imperial Council/Reichsrat, the council of the representatives of the federal states. The executive power is given to the Emperor, who delegates it to the Imperial Government/Reichsregierung, formed by the Chancellor and the Council of Ministers. The judicial power is independent from the administrative powers.
  • Archduchy of Austria
  • Principality of Trentino
  • Principality of Trieste
  • Principality of Slovenia
  • Kingdom of Croatia
  • Kingdom of Bosnia-Herzegovina

Army Size: 280,979 active soldiers in the Imperial Austrian Army. 70,000 are considered to be in an active reserve status, with 230,000 as part of the Landsturm reserves.
Army Description: The core of the military is relatively modern and well trained, even if it mostly uses modernized Austro-Hungarian equipment from the First World War. The Imperial Government has pretty much neglected the Navy in order to keep the Army on an acceptable level. The core is supported by a pretty mediocre force, and by the conscripted reserves which can be called forth during times of war, acting as the Landsturm militia. The major problems of the Austro-Hungarian Army during the Great War, like the ethnic diversity and a questionable morale remain.
Navy Size:
  • 1 Dreadnought, the SMS Prinz Eugen
  • 2 Semi-Dreadnoughts
  • 2 Pre-Dreadnoughts
  • 3 Coastal Defense Ships
  • 3 Armored Cruisers
  • 1 Protected Cruiser
  • 1 Light Cruiser
  • 15 Destroyers
  • 6 Submarines

The Imperial Austrian Navy is well.. basically the remains of the Imperial and Royal War Navy, that Austria has inherited due to it keeping control of the Adriatic Coast. It's in a pretty bad status, and it hasn't evolved ever since, with most of its ships needing massive revisions.
Air Force: The Imperial Aviation Troops/Kaiserliche Luftfahrtruppen are a rather mediocre air force. It has around 300 aircraft and 100 seaplanes, with over half of them being WW1 era biplanes. Only a small core of a few squadrons is what people could call a modern air force, but there are plans to reform it in the near future.
Territory of country: Basically this
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 am

Tracian Empire wrote:-snip-

That moment when Austria has a bigger navy than you do.

...ah well. Scandinavia's neglected its navy for 10+ years, and it really shows. At least we have an actual air force worth discussing.

Plzen wrote:Navy Size: 2 battleships, 1 heavy cruiser, 3 light cruisers, 6 destroyers, 2 torpedo boats, 2 minelayers, 3 submarines, and a variety of light craft. A total of 27,000 personnel [...]
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Nation Name: The Austrian Empire/German: Kaisertum Österreich/Latin: Imperium Austriacum/Croatian: Austrijsko Carstvo/Bosnian: Austrijsko Carstvo/Slovenian: Avstrijsko Cesarstvo/Italian: Impero Austriaco

The Danube Monarchy/German: Die Donaumonarchie/Croatian: Dunav Monarhija/Bosnian: Dunav Monarhija/Slovenian:Donava Monarhija/Italian: La Monarchia Danubiana

Austria/German:Österreich/Croatian:Austrija/Bosnian:Austrija/Slovenian:Avstrija/Italian: Austria
Flag of your nation: Flag of the Austrian Empire
One paragraph history of your nation: Vittorio Veneto.. perhaps, in other worlds, this was the end of the Habsburg Monarchy.. but here, it was a battle that never happened. After the disastrous Italian defeat in Caporetto, fate itself was changed when an artillery shell killed Armando Diaz, when he was inspecting the new Italian positions on the Piave River. With his death, the general command of the Italian forces was given to someone else.. but it just wasn't enough. On the Austrian side, Emperor Karl intervened decisively in the favor of von Straußenburg, and the Austrians decided to risk everything on a final offensive. Unlike the all-out attack in real life, the Battle of the Solstice began with a pinpointed Austrian offensive against the western part of the front, the weakest, the Giudicarie sector. Austro-Hungarian formations, trained by the Germans, employed similar tactics to those of the Imperial German Army during the Kaiserschlacht, while without Diaz, the Italian Army retained its lack of mobility and reaction. That rigidity marked its downfall. On the 18th of June, the Italian front was broken, and by the 20th, it turned into a general rout of the Italian forces. The decisive Austrian victory marked the end of the war for Italy. On the 25th, the Kingdom of Italy surrendered. The end of the Second Battle of the Piave River strengthened the morale of the Imperial and Royal Army, especially that of the ethnically Austrian units, and it allowed the army to continue to exist as a fighting force. A great price had to be paid however, as the Austrians lost 200,000 men there. The victory only managed to soften the collapse of the Empire, not to stop it.

After the armistice, and the eventual peace treaty with Italy, signed in September 1918, which returned the borders to a status quo ante bellum, military forces were brought back into Cislethania, with the objective of sending them to help the Germans. But it was too late. The disastrous events of the autumn of 1918 still happened. but parts of the military remained loyal to Karl. The rebellion in Vienna and Austria proper was repressed, and military units were sent to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Hungary, and Bohemia. Imperial authority was maintained in the first three, but the weakened military failed to stop the revolutionaries in Hungary and Bohemia, and of course, in the rest of the Empire. With the fall of Germany, and with the fear of Italy reentering the war, Vienna reached an agreement with Hungary and the Czechoslovak state, recognizing their independence, effectively marking the end of the Austro-Hungarian state. The Empire of Austria was proclaimed as a rump state, and after lengthy negotiations with the Allies, it was recognized as a state.

The Congress of Vienna was held in early 1919, and the Empire was reorganized as a federal constitutional monarchy, trying to respect the fourteen points as much as humanly possible. Unrest was quelled, the military was reorganized, and Austria signed the Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, which was much more lenient than the one in real life. Austria remained united due to the loyalty to the Habsburg Crown, and as such, it escaped the turbulent period that the First Republic of Austria had to endure. Various reforms managed to stop the decline of the economy, and by 1928, it could be said that Austria had mostly recovered, even if it just a pale shadow of its former self. The Empire now finds itself in a weird position, as tensions have been rising between it, Hungary, and Bohemia. If it wishes to survive, Austria has to return to its former glory.. no matter the cost.

Government Form: The Austrian Empire is a federal constitutional monarchy, formed by 6 constituent states, known as Imperial States/Reichsländer with varying state titles, all equal inside the federation, and united in the person of the Emperor and in the many federal institutions. Each state has its own constitution, recognizes the Emperor as its ruler and its subordination to the federal authorities, but is left largely autonomous in regards to its internal organization. The foundation of the federal form of Austria is build upon the Constitution of 1919, known by various names, like the Imperial Reform/Reichsreform/Renovatio Imperii.
The powers in the state are separated, with the legislative power being held by the Imperial Diet/Reichstag, which acts like a parliament in other countries, and the Imperial Council/Reichsrat, the council of the representatives of the federal states. The executive power is given to the Emperor, who delegates it to the Imperial Government/Reichsregierung, formed by the Chancellor and the Council of Ministers. The judicial power is independent from the administrative powers.
  • Archduchy of Austria
  • Principality of Trentino
  • Principality of Trieste
  • Principality of Slovenia
  • Kingdom of Croatia
  • Kingdom of Bosnia-Herzegovina

Army Size: 280,979 active soldiers in the Imperial Austrian Army. 70,000 are considered to be in an active reserve status, with 230,000 as part of the Landsturm reserves.
Army Description: The core of the military is relatively modern and well trained, even if it mostly uses modernized Austro-Hungarian equipment from the First World War. The Imperial Government has pretty much neglected the Navy in order to keep the Army on an acceptable level. The core is supported by a pretty mediocre force, and by the conscripted reserves which can be called forth during times of war, acting as the Landsturm militia. The major problems of the Austro-Hungarian Army during the Great War, like the ethnic diversity and a questionable morale remain.
Navy Size:
  • 1 Dreadnought, the SMS Prinz Eugen
  • 2 Semi-Dreadnoughts
  • 2 Pre-Dreadnoughts
  • 3 Coastal Defense Ships
  • 3 Armored Cruisers
  • 1 Protected Cruiser
  • 1 Light Cruiser
  • 15 Destroyers
  • 6 Submarines

The Imperial Austrian Navy is well.. basically the remains of the Imperial and Royal War Navy, that Austria has inherited due to it keeping control of the Adriatic Coast. It's in a pretty bad status, and it hasn't evolved ever since, with most of its ships needing massive revisions.
Air Force:
Territory of country: Basically this

Accepted.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am

Plzen wrote:

...ah well. Scandinavia's neglected its navy for 10+ years, and it really shows.

Plzen wrote:Navy Size: 2 battleships, 1 heavy cruiser, 3 light cruisers, 6 destroyers, 2 torpedo boats, 2 minelayers, 3 submarines, and a variety of light craft. A total of 27,000 personnel [...]

A bigger navy that is built solely from old and mostly ignored WW1 and pre-WW1 ships xD

Any modern naval force would be able to defeat it without any problems.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:17 am

Oh, it seems that I have forgotten the Air Force.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:19 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Oh, it seems that I have forgotten the Air Force.

I noticed it and accepted you anyway because I saw detailed history.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:20 am

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:

I noticed it and accepted you anyway because I saw detailed history.

I added something there :P

As for the history, well, the Hungarian app complicates it, but I tried to create a mostly realistic way in which Austria could have survived.. but most of it is simply based on chance and lenience from the Allies xD

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:21 am

That's the most fun part of the application. :) All of Tesla's visions. I really ran away with my Air Force. It's by far the most important (and most expensive) branch of my military, even if the Army technically has more personnel in it.

Dieselpunk is a fascinating aesthetic.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am

Plzen wrote:

That's the most fun part of the application. :) All of Tesla's visions. I really ran away with my Air Force. It's by far the most important (and most expensive) branch of my military, even if the Army technically has more personnel in it.

Dieselpunk is a fascinating aesthetic.

Hmm..

Give me a few hours, when I'll get back I'll try to write a more detailed description of the Imperial Aviation Troops.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:23 am

Plzen wrote:

...ah well. Scandinavia's neglected its navy for 10+ years, and it really shows. At least we have an actual air force worth discussing.

Well, at least you have more than Germany. Which isn't hard, considering it's basically nothing.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Hmm..

Give me a few hours, when I'll get back I'll try to write a more detailed description of the Imperial Aviation Troops.

Alternately you could do what I did and make a nice IC view of your Air Force to make up for the bare-bones description in the application itself. :p

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:I noticed it and accepted you anyway because I saw detailed history.

I added something there :P

As for the history, well, the Hungarian app complicates it, but I tried to create a mostly realistic way in which Austria could have survived.. but most of it is simply based on chance and lenience from the Allies xD

We so need Serbia now...CE chaos won't be complete without them...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:25 am

Plzen wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Hmm..

Alternately you could do what I did and make a nice IC view of your Air Force to make up for the bare-bones description in the application itself. :p

Yeah, but I forgot Zeppelins :P

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 am

Is a rise of Africa possible?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 am

Ulls wrote:Is a rise of Africa possible?

With divergence point in 1896, it's very possible. Just be sure not to include any of the colonies Britain already has claimed in his app.

Jiyon
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jiyon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:32 am

Written a new RP post on the development of advanced tech in Revolutions in India against the British.
PROUD DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST

Pro: Socialism, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, Immigration, Pacifism, Feminism, Fighting Climate Change, Income Equality, Universal Healthcare, Palestine (2 State Solution), Free Education, Welfare, Taxation on 1%, Occupy Wall Street

Anti: Donald Trump, Republican Party, War, Nuclear Weapons, Fascism, Neo-Nazis, KKK, Racism

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 am

I've seen it. I like it. Planning on doing something with India further on?

Jiyon
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jiyon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 pm

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:I've seen it. I like it. Planning on doing something with India further on?

Yeah, it's known as the Jewel in The Crown for a reason.

Pro: Socialism, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, Immigration, Pacifism, Feminism, Fighting Climate Change, Income Equality, Universal Healthcare, Palestine (2 State Solution), Free Education, Welfare, Taxation on 1%, Occupy Wall Street

Anti: Donald Trump, Republican Party, War, Nuclear Weapons, Fascism, Neo-Nazis, KKK, Racism

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Hmmm... I don't know what to write for my first post.

Jiyon
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jiyon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Hothnia wrote:Hmmm... I don't know what to write for my first post.

There's so much to discuss with Germany. Maybe about militarization?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Territory of Makhnovia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Hothnia wrote:Hmmm... I don't know what to write for my first post.

There are Hungary + Bohemia and Moravia and pretty vast Austra in the neighbourhood. If all that stolen weapon shennanigans doesn't interest you, it might be time for some diplomacy.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Well, Austria would certainly be interested in possible good relations with Germany.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:46 pm

I would be interested in diplomacy with the other Germanic nations but what Germany really needs is an economy booster.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse