NATION

PASSWORD

After the Fall OOC- Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Well I have no clue if this is still active or not but I'll tag it anyway.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valentir » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: Most Holy Empire of Taxes
Symbols: (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
Population: 13,578,452
Capital City: Hugh's Town

Government Info
Government Type: Feudal Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: (explain all the complex/unique stuff that can't be described in the type section)
Ideology: (Refer to this)
Leader/s:
Emperor: William IV of the House of Grey
Lord: Chancellor Martin Abbott
Chief Minister of Foreign Affairs: Richard White
Secretary to His Imperial Majesty:
Population Info
Brief Description of your people:
Religion:
Ethnicity:
Main/Accepted Culture(s): (ex. IRL-UK would be English, Scottish; only cultures that are dominant and the gov't favors)
Other Cultures: (ex. IRL-UK would have been Irish, Welsh, etc ; cultures that aren't accepted by the gov't/people)

Military Info
Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:
Goals:
History:
RP Sample: (required, send Telegram with a sample of what your post would be like if you have not participated in any previous RPs)
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

WIP

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Poor Fellow Union of the Brothers and Sisters of Christ Jesus, also known as The Remnants of Man or The State of Universal Salvation for the Brotherhood of Man or The Kingdom of the Faithful
Symbols: Whilst not a personification, images of Mary are used often throughout the state.
Population: Approximately 4 and half million souls.
Capital City: Guadalajara

Government Info
Government Type: Non-hereditary, theocratic, elected monarchy.
Brief Explanation of Government: The Pope is elected by the top tiers of the Landed Aristocracy; Cardinals (which extend its membership into all states of the Catholic world). He is elected into the position of the Pontiff and duals the role as the First-Light of the States of the Sacrosanct.
Ideology: Political Catholicism, Feudalistic Monarchism, Liberation Theology and Caesaropapism
Leader/s: Jesus Christ is the official head of state; but in practice the state is lead by a Pope. In this case, the current Pope is Isidoro, named after Saint Isidoro - who is said to have been the greatest hero of the reckoning against man, when rapture rained from the sky. Isidoro is said to have called upon God to shield Guadalarja, and the city was saved. He has been a great force in faith and state-building, but he is old and withered now.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The people within the state are broken into various hierarchical tiers. At the bottom are peasants who till the land and above merchants and skilled craftsmen, above them are priestly-knights and lords, who run the feudal society (or priests and knights separately). The rulers are Bishops, who serve what we would see as the landed nobility. Clergymen can marry, a misinterpretation of Catholic doctrine moulded over the centuries. They are a pious people, isolated from the world's affairs, but kept in check by the faiths reach.
Religion: Roman Catholicism, as best as it has been able to have been maintained.
Ethnicity: The main ethnicity of the state are descended from the inhabitants of Mexico at the time of the disaster, predominantly Mestizo Mexicans and European-Mexicans. Since then, the lines have converged to form the typically regarded group, known as the "Mehicans", "Meja", "Meji" depending on regional dialect and pronunciation.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Aforementioned 'Mehicans'
Other Cultures: There are not many that haven't converged within the main line, given its mishmash of multiple ethnicities.

Military Info
Army: Some 20,000 soldiers that are focused on a core of heavy cavalry of knights; donned in brigandines and mails, with full helms. The elite of this, the Milites Christi, are donned in complete plate. Whilst the core, it is outmanned by a strong detachment of high-quality, halberd based infantry that is armoured in a skirt-cuirass combo (a munition armour). Some are equipped with primitive firearms. The rest of the forces are crossbowmen. In times of need, lighter infantry and cavalry are levied by His Holiness.
Navy: The state maintains a healthy nave concentrated on war galleys for the Gulf of Mexico, but stronger cogs and ships for full ocean to fuel her expeditions across the Americas.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The economy, like most, is focused on the local serf based sustenance. There are some minor industries and trades within cities, such as metallurgy and smithy, as well as shipbuilding and carpentry and such. Trade is prevalent across the Gulf of Mexico and to the south and north.
Goals: Expansion and maintenance of the States of the Sacrosanct
History: The founding of the state are disputed by church scholars, but many note that it took its current form some 1,000 years ago. Civilisation had been reborn by this time and settlements rose, feudalism was developed and the clergy was able to firmly hold onto the ideals of Catholicism, or what was left of it. However, Popes have existed long before this state was even created. This is where the confusion arises; what did they oversee? What was there here? The records are sparse, save for the city of Guadalajara maintaining itself as a supposed 'beacon'.

Expansion was conducted hastily by successive Popes, such as the Three Rodrigos, whom pushed to the coasts. Alongside this came the formation of the knightly-duchies and lordships that eventually gave rise to Meja feudalism. Tribes were vassalised, "Catholicised", brought into the fold. Give or take 630 years prior to our current year, a declaration, named "The Decree On Behalf of Humanity", established what is now known as the States of Sacrosanct. A variety of Meja lords, spanning from what used to be the Yucatan to the Rio Grande swore fealty to His Holiness, given the dual title 'First Light'. He brought them unity and language and wealth, and they pledged their swords for Catholicism. This has ever been expanding, with new territories reconnected, brought into the fold, with their religious leaders now voting on the Popes that rule them. It has expanded to what many used to call "The Golden Circle", quipped to be "The Cradle of Catholicism" nowadays.

In more recent years successive Popes have led knightly expeditions across the "Americas", with inquisitive cardinals and priests searching through old maps and tomes preserved by the faith. These lands were found and confirmed, creating a series of successive outposts and forts along the coasts - such as in what used to be Guantanamo and New York. These expeditions have led to evangelism and discovery, but diplomacy and minor conflicts as well. A sickly pope sits the Seat of Light, and tensions brew between the Sacrosanct. But faith is strong. Faith is powerful. Tucked neatly in the hills of Mexico, the Faith is safe. They will weather the storm, or so the Priests tell themselves.
RP Sample: (required, send Telegram with a sample of what your post would be like if you have not participated in any previous RPs)
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Conchabira wrote:Well I have no clue if this is still active or not but I'll tag it anyway.

It is, albiet slow, feel free to reserve a state on the blank map space :)
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:47 am

Reservation:
Location: Northern Virginia, Western Maryland, South/Western PA, WV, Southeast OH
(Sorry for the lack of a map my computer is being retarded at the moment)
Nation Name: The Appalachian Confederacy
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:56 am

I'll have an app up today!
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dytarma » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 am

Reservation:

Nation Name: The Great Lakes Union
Last edited by Dytarma on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 am

Dytarma wrote:Reservation:

This is a bit large, specially for the tech level we are aiming for (It also goes beyond the map) :P
The great lakes would be a good place for a trading nation however, Superior, Western Michigan, Wisconsin, and Northern Illinois are all ideal spots

*As another note, I shall be going over expired reservations tonight, so I would advise confirming if you are still here so I do not remove you.
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Dytarma
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dytarma » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:07 am

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Dytarma wrote:Reservation:

This is a bit large, specially for the tech level we are aiming for (It also goes beyond the map) :P
The great lakes would be a good place for a trading nation however, Superior, Western Michigan, Wisconsin, and Northern Illinois are all ideal spots

*As another note, I shall be going over expired reservations tonight, so I would advise confirming if you are still here so I do not remove you.

Oh, than how about just Minnesota and Michigan, with Northern Ohio?
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Dytarma wrote:

Oh, than how about just Minnesota and Michigan, with Northern Ohio?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ap_1.1.png

This is the current mapa, some reservations will expire tonight, but the blue around huron is an accepted nation
It might be better to do a smaller nation in that area, maybe centered more around one of the great lakes, like Superior or Michigan
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:08 pm

This looks like a decent roleplay to join, but are the grey areas all reserved? Just curious before I go putting in a reservation or application of any sort.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Benuty wrote:This looks like a decent roleplay to join, but are the grey areas all reserved? Just curious before I go putting in a reservation or application of any sort.

The light grey is open land
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:26 pm

TAG.

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:40 pm

@ Liec and Intermountain you are both grand
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Dytarma
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dytarma » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Dytarma wrote:Oh, than how about just Minnesota and Michigan, with Northern Ohio?

This is the current mapa, some reservations will expire tonight, but the blue around huron is an accepted nation
It might be better to do a smaller nation in that area, maybe centered more around one of the great lakes, like Superior or Michigan

Alrght, I might just stick the with the State of Michigan. Is that alright for the map?
Dytarma's Birthday

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Dytarma wrote:

Alrght, I might just stick the with the State of Michigan. Is that alright for the map?

Certainly, though are we talkin UP or LP here?
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Oranje
Symbols:

Population: 1,065,000
Capital City: Vorland (Orlando)

Government Info
Government Type: Semi-Absolute Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: The King is a hereditary position however, each Province sends a Burgess to represent them if the King's Diet. The Diet is a council that assists the king however in the end the king is still in absolute control. The Legal system is lead by the king, the executive and legislative systems are lead by the king. Pretty much the entire government is run by the king. How does the king have power? Officially the king is the Head of the House of Oranje and is given the powers by Time Immemorial, which really means that the family has been leading the kingdom for longer than anyone knows, so it's probably a good idea to stick with them as the leaders.
Leader/s:
King: Theodore Oranje III
Duke of Cuba: John-Von-Juan Oranje
Duke of Puerto Rico: George-Lafayette Surin
Count of Bahama: Theodore Hellas
Lord Burgess: Sir Ian Macwell

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: A mix of Latinos, Whites, Blacks, and Native Americans where left over after the whole apocalypse thing. So they began having children and within a couple of generations a new race of people called the Torino, accounted for roughly 70% of the population. Nowadays the population can be divided from the indland folk and the coastal people. The Inland Folk live in smaller towns and mostly farm or hunt. Most of the Inland people live in Central Florida (near Vorland) or in central Cuba, however a couple hundred are in central Puerto Rico. The Coastal People account for roughly 60% of the population, they do a lot more fishing and shipping rather than farming however in the Everglades there are quite a few Coastal farmers that grow delicious rice and oranges. The Coastal People are known for being much more Tan and live in much more dense cities and towns, however they also are more muscular since they spend their time working hard day and night.
Religion: Catholics are the main religion however a couple Protestant communities can be found near Tampa Bay and the city of Saint Pete. Some Jewish and Muslim communites exist but Christians count for almost 95% of the populace, and there is a prejudice against the Jews.
Ethnicity: Torino (Mixed Race) 75%, Black/African American 5%, Latino 15%, White 3%, 2% Other
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Latino/Mexican and Deep South American, if you were to walk into a city you would think you were in Medieval Spain or Medieval Italy.
Other Cultures: African American, Native American, Jewish, Muslim, North American, South American, Italian

Military Info
Army: The Army can be divided into the Cavalry and Infantry (Artillery is a subset of infantry). The Infantry can further be divided into Spears/Pikes, Swords/Axes/Maces, and Bows/Slings. The most common is Bows and Spears since, Bows are common since it's a common hunting weapon so much of the populace is somewhat proficient in it (especially the Indland People), while Spears are common because the weapon is easy to produce and easy to use, thus the army will give those out first and most soldiers will have been in the army between 5-10 years before transitioning to more advanced weaponry. The Most common archers are Crossbowmen and Pavise Bowmen, Crossbowmen are common because the crossbow is far easier to use and train, and the Pavise Bowmen are Bowmen that are suited to also fight in Melee, thus the army favors Pavise Bowmen over any other Style of Bowmen. The Spears are put into Light and Heavy positions with heavy Spears, having heavy armor as well as a second backup weapon in addition to the reinforced spear, and Light Infantry wearing light armor Andrew having a spear. The Pikeman is also a crucial part since he can kill several horses, pike units carry a short sword, and a buckler in addition to their Pike, they tend to be put on the flanks and in small gaps to help defend 'more important units' from enemy cavalry. Swordmen tend to be much more richer and skilled soldiers, they were heavy armor and carry Swords, Knives, and probably a Hatchet.
Cavalry is an Important part of the army, they are key in piercing enemy weak points and harassing enemy units on the battlefield. The cavalry can be divided into Lancer Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry, and Ranged Cavalry. Lancer Cavalry is the most common since they can be the most flexible type and are the easiest to train, simply using lances or Spears they are also cheap. Ranged are the least common, most Bowmen go to the Infantry where they can be protected behind fortifications and armor while firing, however some do decide to go to the Ranged cavalry they were relatively little armor, just a helmet is given, and some chest Mail or padding if your lucky. Most do go out and by some leather or mail to put over their bodies however it's expensive thus newer units tend to be much leased Armored than the veteran units. Heavy cavalry is where lancers go when they've become experienced enough they carry either reinforced lances or swords/maces. They batter the enemy and act as shock cavalry, their most common use is to draw enemy units away from a certain part of the battle, and deal a hefty blow and they tend to cycle charge against certain weak points.
Hers some numbers: The army has roughly 11,000 Professional troops however conscription and mercenaries can probably bring it up to a good 30-40 thousand. Of the 11,000 Professional troops 8,000 are Infantry, with 6,000 of that Infantry being Spear/Pike, 2,500 Archers, and about 500 being swordmen. Of the 2,000 cavalry 1,000 are Lancers, 750 are Heavy Cav, and 250 are Ranged. When mercenaries are hired it tends to be Trained Units and Cavalry since most conscripts are Spear Infantry or Bowmen.

Other Info
Goals:
History:

WIP
Last edited by Duestchstien on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Dytarma
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dytarma » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:02 am

Dytarma wrote:Alrght, I might just stick the with the State of Michigan. Is that alright for the map?

Hmm, I'll be LP.
Dytarma's Birthday

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 am

Dytarma wrote:

Hmm, I'll be LP.

I shall add you to the reserved mapa with said claims, feel free to hop by the discord as well
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Dytarma
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dytarma » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 am

Dytarma wrote:Hmm, I'll be LP.

I shall add you to the reserved mapa with said claims, feel free to hop by the discord as well

Alright, I'll try my best to get my app done before Wednesday.
Dytarma's Birthday

Dytarma
Minister

Father Knows Best State

WIP App

Postby Dytarma » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:31 am

Generic Info
Nation Name:
Symbols: (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
Population: (population of everyone considered a citizen)
Capital City:

Government Info
Government Type: (ex. The USA is a Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic)
Brief Explanation of Government: (explain all the complex/unique stuff that can't be described in the type section)
Leader/s: (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)

Population Info
Brief Description of your people:
Religion:
Ethnicity:
Main/Accepted Culture(s): (ex. IRL-UK would be English, Scottish; only cultures that are dominant and the gov't favors)
Other Cultures: (ex. IRL-UK would have been Irish, Welsh, etc ; cultures that aren't accepted by the gov't/people)

Military Info
Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)

Other Info
Goals:
History:
Dytarma's Birthday

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:49 am

Alrighty, so la mapa is updated, pending further clearing of space.

The Roster and IC will both likely be up tonight.

Cheers till then.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Tag

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:45 pm

The Roster of all accepted nations is up to date, and the IC is up. If you are accepted and wish to post, feel free to without doing too many grandiose things at this point.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 am

Reservation:
Location: This minus territories already claimed, most notably the Californian coast.
Nation Name: Deseret.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse