NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC] Life finds a way.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 pm

So was my app ok?

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Granis wrote:So was my app ok?

Oops, missed it. My only comments are - you're absolutely massive at 7 feet tall (but this part is fine), you'd have been 4 by the time of the outbreak and the things you're carrying on you seem waaay too heavy for one person to carry while wearing all that armour. I mean, you're hauling a sledgehammer with you - on foot. And a set of metal armour. You'd be constantly exhausted.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
Granis wrote:So was my app ok?

Oops, missed it. My only comments are - you're absolutely massive at 7 feet tall (but this part is fine), you'd have been 4 by the time of the outbreak and the things you're carrying on you seem waaay too heavy for one person to carry while wearing all that armour. I mean, you're hauling a sledgehammer with you - on foot. And a set of metal armour. You'd be constantly exhausted.

Yeah, I was beginning to have second thoughts about the sledgehammer. Him being extremely tall was intentional though. Same with his age.

Anyway, I was thinking his crazy size and strength would be able to explain why he can carry so much, but I can still change it if you want. Alternatively, could I perhaps give him a donkey or cow or something to carry his backpack and sledgehammer while they travel?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 am

Granis wrote:

Yeah, I was beginning to have second thoughts about the sledgehammer. Him being extremely tall was intentional though. Same with his age.

Anyway, I was thinking his crazy size and strength would be able to explain why he can carry so much, but I can still change it if you want. Alternatively, could I perhaps give him a donkey or cow or something to carry his backpack and sledgehammer while they travel?

It's just the armour, weighing on you constantly would cause serious fatigue, and your size would mean additional plates and weight, so it'd be proportional. But yeah, you could have a lil' donkey or something to carry your stuff. That'd certainly make traveling a bit easier. ;)

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:16 am

Granis wrote:

It's just the armour, weighing on you constantly would cause serious fatigue, and your size would mean additional plates and weight, so it'd be proportional. But yeah, you could have a lil' donkey or something to carry your stuff. That'd certainly make traveling a bit easier. ;)

Oh, well that makes it simpler. It's not exactly plate armour or anything. It's actually pretty light, considering the makeshift junky nature. The quality is honestly pretty low, more like just random bits of metal attached to some durable clothing he made. I'd hoped for him to be pretty fast on his feet, after all.

And also, I've had a better idea than just some dumb donkey, although I wouldn't really blame you if you shot it down. So when he was a kid, he found a baby moose whose mother had died, and took it back home to raise it. This moose is now his trusty steed.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:33 am

I want to post but I'm basically going to have to write about hunting or fishing so...
Of course, things'll pick up once the bad guys come into play...
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Granis wrote:

Oh, well that makes it simpler. It's not exactly plate armour or anything. It's actually pretty light, considering the makeshift junky nature. The quality is honestly pretty low, more like just random bits of metal attached to some durable clothing he made. I'd hoped for him to be pretty fast on his feet, after all.

And also, I've had a better idea than just some dumb donkey, although I wouldn't really blame you if you shot it down. So when he was a kid, he found a baby moose whose mother had died, and took it back home to raise it. This moose is now his trusty steed.

I'd be more happy if you went with a more traditional animal, even a horse would be better - I don't want things getting too exotic. Many animals are difficult to tame even with modern technology and large teams of people, even when raising animals from their youth. Never mind in post-apocalyptia.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Granis wrote:

I'd be more happy if you went with a more traditional animal, even a horse would be better - I don't want things getting too exotic. Many animals are difficult to tame even with modern technology and large teams of people, even when raising animals from their youth. Never mind in post-apocalyptia.

Figured as much. Just thought it might add yet more to the... unique... flavour of the character. Alright, donkey it is then.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Granis wrote:
Character Application.

NS Name: Granis

Roleplay Sample: <Gods Among Us>

Character Name: Alexander Washburn

Character Age: (Minimum 14.) 24

Character Gender: Male

Character Personality:
Alexander is a fairly outgoing guy, finding it pretty easy to talk to people. He enjoys showing hospitality whenever he can, helping people out simply because he enjoys it. However, he also kind of likes messing with people. Usually this involves relatively harmless jokes, but some things make it difficult for people to see it so simply. His chosen outfit, for example. While his original reason for wearing it was to try and scare of potential attackers, he continued to wear it when he realised how its intimidating nature contrasted with his friendly personality, confusing and surprising people. Plus, he enjoys the way it makes him seem mysterious.

His kind nature doesn't mean he won't enjoy a good fight though, and while he does generally attempt to deal with altercations through diplomacy first, it doesn't take much to start a fight. It's not that he's an angry person, so much as he finds fighting fun!

Appearance:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b2/24/19/b224 ... acters.jpg

It isn't shown in the picture, but he's about 7 feet tall.

Character Background
Alex had a surprisingly normal life growing up in the post apocalyptic landscape of the Canadian Rockies. He lived with his father, mother and younger sister, all of whom were miraculously immune to the flu, in a small wooden cabin high in the mountains, where they managed to eek out a life as hunter gatherers.

He was taught how to use a bow at a young age, using it to hunt many of the large animals in the mountains, as well as how to do things like fish, garden and forage for food. Those, along with what self defence his parents could teach him, had left him pretty well suited to life after civilisations fall.

However, there was one thing that Alex could never get out of his head. You see, Alex liked to read a lot, and a large amount of the books he read through his childhood involved the hero just generally being a good person and helping people when they needed it. Sure, some of the heroes were also abrasive jackasses, but in the end they were still good enough to help people anyway. But he knew that, down the mountains, people were still suffering from the lasting effects of the apocalypse.

So, one night, Alex left his family's cabin, determined to do what he could to help keep people safe with his homemade bow. Before he left, he made sure to write a note to his family to let them know of his decision.

As he traveled, he began to create a suit of armour from cloth and metal he found. It was difficult to find the right materials for sewing it all together at first, but he knew how to improvise. Eventually, it became more and more elaborate, until he had a proper suit of armour. The gas mask components were merely aesthetic, but he figured it looked cooler that way. He was also able to scavenge a few potential weapons together.

He has now been travelling for seven years, meeting many strange and interesting people in the process.

Character Equipment:
One of homemade junk armour
One junk cloak
One homemade bow
One homemade quiver
Thirty makeshift arrows
One sledgehammer
One backpack

Character Supplies:
Five large pieces of homemade jerky
One canteen of water
One makeshift waterskin
One copy of Magician by Raymond E. Feist
Twenty feet of rope
Two spools of thread
Three small, makeshift fishing hooks
One small makeshift pot
One small makeshift pan

Other Information:
He really enjoys fishing.

In that case, accepted.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 am

So what's happening, by the way? Where's all the action going down?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:11 am

Granis wrote:So what's happening, by the way? Where's all the action going down?

I think 5 or 6 people are in Colorado. Think we have one person in Maine and one in Alaska.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 am

I'm actually gonna have somebody raid Derek's house and him be held prisoner for a bit.
Just so I can post something.
Last edited by Skylus on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 am

I don't know what to post. Might do another Bones checkup or something on the way to Denver? I dunno.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 am

So for the three guys who raided Derek's house, do I have to app them?
They might be around for a while, but I really don't know...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 am

I will have to brainstorm a way to rejoin the narrative with my char.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:02 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:I will have to brainstorm a way to rejoin the narrative with my char.

If your with the people in Morrison, Im steering my character that direction, if you want to do anything with him.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:05 am

"I'm so alloonnneeeee....There's no one here, beside mmmeeeeeeee....."

Oh well, I might app for the three raiders of something, haven't decided yet...

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Skylus wrote:So for the three guys who raided Derek's house, do I have to app them?
They might be around for a while, but I really don't know...

Unless they're going to play a considerable role and you're going to use them as much as your own, I'd recommend you do. But if they're just here for the short term and you don't intend on doing much POV stuff for them, don't app.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:I will have to brainstorm a way to rejoin the narrative with my char.

You can always just follow us up, I mean that's what my guy basically did to Fantrum. Could stumble onto William while Madeline's searching the building or onto her, whatever.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 am

Okay.
I might just have them leave in my next post...

BUT, they could become a bigger problem later on...

I might just app anyway...

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:48 pm

You can always just follow us up, I mean that's what my guy basically did to Fantrum. Could stumble onto William while Madeline's searching the building or onto her, whatever.

Thats pretty much what I was planning. Could be theres a sort of quasi showdown in the daycare that everyone is swirling around, and we all get spooked because people are unpredictable.

Also, is this still going on? Because Im really enjoying this RP but Im worried its starting to stall out.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeaaahhh...I'm still interested.

I think it's because some of us are so far away from everyone else.

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm

United Human Planets wrote:

Thats pretty much what I was planning. Could be theres a sort of quasi showdown in the daycare that everyone is swirling around, and we all get spooked because people are unpredictable.

Also, is this still going on? Because Im really enjoying this RP but Im worried its starting to stall out.

It's not stalling, if it is anything like it's predecessor it's going to keep kicking for a good long time.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 am

Yeah we're still going, and like Fantrum said - it'll probably be like its predecessor in the sense that even if things slow down, it'll probably keep rolling.

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:44 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Yeah we're still going, and like Fantrum said - it'll probably be like its predecessor in the sense that even if things slow down, it'll probably keep rolling.

At the very least, as long as there is one other person willing to RP, I'll be here.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:51 am

Same.

When are we going to see the bad guys come into play?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse