NATION

PASSWORD

Young Bloods(IC, app in the OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
Akira Yasunaga, San Diego
Art School - Thomsen High

One of his drone sent him a signal of report, in which about an incident in the college's cafeteria. He immediately set his sight upon the scene, but a particular guy stood out remarkably not well, as if he was in a fight before. His drone soon reached the scene and checking of what happened.

Him, in meanwhile set upon this person. His suit was remarkably blue and grey in colors, thus not blending well but the sight of suited person wasn't a surprise anymore since things have been changed in the past years, with all those magic, superhumans, and things all around. Even aliens.

"Hi there!" such perky tone came out from Akira's throat into the mouth. "You may in need of some help, I presumed?"

Lazarus Goldman-Turns out, dying hurts, a lot.
Outside the Art College,San Diego, California

It had not been long since he left the Art College, that Laz heard an almost irritatingly perky voice. He turned and saw the one who spoke, a strangely dressed individual. Laz responded by saying "Am I, in need of help, perhaps, but not as much as the bystanders. I assume you are aware of what is happening, with people awakening to powers randomly?" Laz did not sense an anymosity towards him, but it was better to try to determine the other party's standing.

Akira Yasunaga
Art College, San Diego

It seems that the person in front of him really needs help. And at the same time put him less in the needed ones and placing the bystanders as the ones who are in dire need of help more than him. And with the mentions of people awakening with powers all around, it is in his best interest to help. Unfortunately, his tech-background powers need to be near technology, or at least the internet.

"Yes, I'm aware of the current situation. Almost the same thing happened in Thomsen High, as per report from my drones, they saw it from the outside of course. Unfortunately there's little thing I can do seeing my powers are more tech-based and designed to support from the back. My suit gives me strength, but as you can see the bystanders need medical attentions, not physical attentions," he sadly remarked about that.

"Anyway, are you involved in this....incident? Knowing that people awakened powers everywhere, there are chances that you actually have your power awakened just recently..."
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Jessica Ghunsverd
Hero: Usteldt
Thomson High, San Diego

"Well, let's start by containing the raging typhoon," Usteldt said, seemingly vanishing as she appeared in front of typhoonboy. She grinned, two beams of energy departing from her waist. She lifted them into the air, before having them split into four swords each. She splayed her arms outward, before moving them in and launching the swords. They seemingly surrounded the typhoonboy, four surrounding above and four surrounding below. They encapsulated him in what seemed to be a prison of light.

"Now Typhoon Tyke, I recommend we talk things out logically instead of making any more of a mess," Usteldt remarked, the prison also cutting off much of the typhoon, making sure it did not spiral out and do more damage.

The Architect seemed to be calculating a number of variables, "we are now at: 45 minutes. It would be optimal to keep this on for long. I have made sure to allow entry for anyone, but limited all exit."

"So no way out? Sounds like a good fight."

"Be advised, as he is quite agitated, it may cause his typhoon to act erratically, this will affect flight capabilities."

"Well, I like a challenge," She said, seeming to vanish inside the barrier. She first noticed he had found a way to amass a large number of objects, providing for what felt like a swirling junkyard. It made traversal even harder. She appeared on top of a crushed up car, swirling in what seemed like a pretty consistent pattern. "The waters fine!" She shouted from inside the barrier, "maybe a couple of mean fish, but outside of that, jump right in!"
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Thomson High
Jimmy was raising a storm around the field when suddenly his leg was grabbed by some kind of chain, he turned to see Amanda again. "I told you to go AWAY!" He shouted as he started to be pulled down toward the ground. Jimmy pulled the wind towards him to keep himself in the air, while ripping a piece of the nearby bleachers and chucking it towards her. The metal scarp flew menacingly towards Amanda, when suddenly Mars jumped in front, a wall of transparent blue energy materializing in front of him. The metal smashed against the wall, which wavered ever so slightly but the scrap fell harmlessly to the ground at Mar's feet. While the energy wall was still up he turned to Amanda,

"Pretty cool right? It's a wrist attachment that projects a kinetic energy shield. It reflects something's own mass and energy output against it, effectively neutralizing it's momentum." He said, his geek side showing suddenly before realizing where they were. "Uh ya, so good job. Keep trying to pull Jimmy down with that chain thing."

Suddenly Jimmy was surrounded by some kind of force field, and someone in strange but impressive set of armor went towards him as if to attack. This force field knocked him off balance as the whirlwind before him was suddenly cut off. "What?!" Jimmy said in shock as he fell towards the ground. Barely landing on his feet, Jimmy started to get desperate and distracted, as he panicked the wind picked up around him again, this time seemingly trapping him inside his own vortex. "What's happening to me? Help!!" He shouted out in fear.

"We need to put an end to this." Mars shouted to all the would be heroes around the field. "He's not in control anymore. Everyone charge him at once, he won't be able to focus and then I can get in there and knock him down for good! Come on!" He shouted again, running at full speed in his combat armor towards the human vortex causing all the problems.

Trowulani Knights
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trowulani Knights » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 am

Zhuldys Voronin
The Warhound

The Emissary nodded apprehensively at The Queen Cobra as she left them to deal with the thugs. Zhuldys glanced at the advancing thugs with curiosity, he peered to see their faces and saw the mixed expression of fear and anger. He breathed the infused night air and taste the hatred that hung around it. They might have to keep it nonlethal, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have some fun. He paid attention to each individual faces of the thugs. Some were covered by scarves, but he could still peer into their eyes. As the saying goes, eyes are the window to the soul, and through their eyes The Emissary could sense the fear and anger that mixed in their hearts. They might present themselves as dauntless warriors dare to fight the abomination that are the Warhounds, but deep inside they were scared as hell. A rational move was to run and don't make a fuss.

Human mind, however, is quite known to do the irrational under stress.

So instead they charged towards the Warhounds like a bufallo towards a lion. Shrieks of valor and terror were heard, and the battle begun. As they approached the Warhounds, the frail veil of reality were filled and torn, and from the slits came tens of little demons, pouring over them stopped many by their track. Screams of agony soon replaced the war cries, as the thugs were clawed and scratched and bitten wherever the Gremlins could reach them with.

"Nice trick," The Emissary complimented The Apostle who had opened the gates of Earth to let the Gremlins in. "It should keep them busy for awhile." The sights was amusing for Zhuldys. While total violence and carnage were nothing to him but source of fuel, there was a bit of perverted, dark comedy in watching the men struggled to fend off the little bastards. It was nonlethal, exactly like their boss lady wanted.

The Emissary continued to regard the battle while two more of his teammates had joined in the fray. He didn't want to waste his energy and thus chose to be uninvolved in the battle unless the situation calls to. He kept on looking when two men with a heavy looking machete rushed for him across the street. Bleeding from head to toe and with a pair of Gremlins hanging on each of their backs, they ignored the pain to close the distance and bring the fight for Zhuldys. He weight his choice for a moment, deciding which of his spells could deal with them without sending their souls back to the Heaven above. With this much surge of energy coursing through his body, it would be hard to keep it small. And the anger that exploded from the thugs only fueled him even more.

As the men reached a few steps in front of him, they swung their machete wide, ready to slash through The Emissary's flesh. By silently invoking his Lord in the Forgotten City, The Emissary sent a scarlet blaze of Flame to explode in front of him. The explosion was fast enough not to burn anything flammable, but the heat was enough to the assailants face red and sent them a few paces back to their knees. The Emissary moved forward, his expression hidden behind the mask, and waved his right hand at the two thugs. The blade of their machetes turned red before flowing into a puddle of molten steels and made the thugs scampered away from it. The Emissary spoke, and every fire within the vicinity amplified his voice into something inhuman, not unlike a cacophony of strangled screams and seared wails.

"Begone," he commanded, "Begone from my sight and you shall live. Stay in defiant and you shall perish." Zhuldys moved his left hand subtly, and the molten steel followed it to form a line between the thugs and him. Its crimson glow burned brightly against the dim light, and the surrounding debris was burned to ashes. The Emissary had fought against various enemies. Some mortals and more are beyond our understanding. But from each battles he had learnt something: intimidation and fears can work much more efficiently than sword and magic.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:34 pm

Reece watched as the chaos unfolded around him. Fortunately it seemed that Jimmy was not very good with his ability as the second he lost focus, it seemed the entire class dogpiled him. Which went smoother than expected. "Here. I'll hold him down until he calms-" He was cut off when his avatar flickered and vanished. He snapped back awake inside the thankfully still empty restroom. Reece's head didn't have the pain associated with his avatars being destroyed rather than dispelled. Which was weird because he had to actively intend to dispel it and he certainly had no intention of doing that. It was maddening. The one time he was ready to be a superhero and his power crapped out for some reason.

Reece grit his teeth and let out an inhuman noise that was a cross between a scream and a growl. The one time he could have done something to help people and it went wrong. He wanted to slam his backpack around the restroom and for all intents and purposes pitch a fit. At least until he saw the small creature standing right in front of the door. He immediately jumped back and nearly lost his balance when his feet collided with the toilet, but he stopped and regained his composure when he actually looked at it. The creature looked exactly like one of his drawings, only much smaller. Barely a foot tall ans it was standing straight up. "Did I... Are you..." He reached out to the creature which jumped onto his hand. Reece quickly cupped his hands to keep it from falling and it stared at him before dashing up his arms and leaping to the top of his head where it made itself comfortable.

Reece once again flinched at the lizard creature's movements, but relaxed when he saw it obviously didn't mean any harm. To him at least. "This has never happened before." It struck him that maybe that report on the news that said people were randomly developing powers had something to do with it. The creature was definitely one of his drawnings. A quick browse through his sketchbook confirmed that. "Kraken. That's your name." Reece spoke and Kraken stirred as his name was called. Wanna go be a superhero? Of course you'll have to be bigger-" As if on cue, he felt Kraken jump off his head and run under the stall door. It took Reece a momemt to put his things back together and leave the stall, but when he finally did, he saw Kraken at nearly triple the size he was in the stall. "No way... This is so cool!"

Reece wasn't dumb. Kraken seemed to understand some voice commands. This was some sort of mutation of his power. Another minute of waiting and Kraken was a little taller than he was. "Don't get too big. We still need to get out of here. And I'd rather not have you cause more damage than we have to. Come on. Lets go see that guy who had the power armor next to the wind blowing kid- Hey! What are you, oh." He exlaimed as Kraken gingerly lifted him up and placed him on his back so Reece could hold on. Reece silently regretted making Kraken the fast one as he opened the door and dashed with inhuman speed down the hallways towards the computer room. Kraken didn't slow down until they were in the room and thankfully the door was open or Reece felt that his pet would habe smashed right through it. "We're friendly! Promise!" He shouted hanging from Krakens back as his monster's long tail swished with excitement.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Jessica Ghunsverd
Hero: Usteldt
Thomson High, San Diego

Tomia wrote:Thomson High
Jimmy was raising a storm around the field when suddenly his leg was grabbed by some kind of chain, he turned to see Amanda again. "I told you to go AWAY!" He shouted as he started to be pulled down toward the ground. Jimmy pulled the wind towards him to keep himself in the air, while ripping a piece of the nearby bleachers and chucking it towards her. The metal scarp flew menacingly towards Amanda, when suddenly Mars jumped in front, a wall of transparent blue energy materializing in front of him. The metal smashed against the wall, which wavered ever so slightly but the scrap fell harmlessly to the ground at Mar's feet. While the energy wall was still up he turned to Amanda,

"Pretty cool right? It's a wrist attachment that projects a kinetic energy shield. It reflects something's own mass and energy output against it, effectively neutralizing it's momentum." He said, his geek side showing suddenly before realizing where they were. "Uh ya, so good job. Keep trying to pull Jimmy down with that chain thing."

Suddenly Jimmy was surrounded by some kind of force field, and someone in strange but impressive set of armor went towards him as if to attack. This force field knocked him off balance as the whirlwind before him was suddenly cut off. "What?!" Jimmy said in shock as he fell towards the ground. Barely landing on his feet, Jimmy started to get desperate and distracted, as he panicked the wind picked up around him again, this time seemingly trapping him inside his own vortex. "What's happening to me? Help!!" He shouted out in fear.

"We need to put an end to this." Mars shouted to all the would be heroes around the field. "He's not in control anymore. Everyone charge him at once, he won't be able to focus and then I can get in there and knock him down for good! Come on!" He shouted again, running at full speed in his combat armor towards the human vortex causing all the problems.
"level of agitation unexpected. The typhoon is reacting much more violently than intended," The architect said, looking to the disturbance and noticing his fluctuation, followed by the vortex.

Jimmy seemingly reacted differently. The typhoon cut away as he seemingly plummeted, he then became beyond panicked, the typhoon reappearing as a dangerous vortex. He shouted out, "What's happening to me? Help!!" The other heroes, including Mars, began to worry. "We need to put an end to this," Mars shouted, "He's not in control anymore. Everyone charge him at once, he won't be able to focus and then I can get in there and knock him down for good! Come on!"

The architect recalculated the options, "he must be made unconscious. If this continues, his respiratory system may be unable to function."

"Can we get a decent strike in?" Jessica asked.

"at full speed, we should be able to counteract the vortex. Be careful where you strike, it will be a quite powerful."

Jessica stamped her foot down, the architect calculating a desired path. An energy circle surrounded her feet, seemingly a field of mana allowing for a slight shift in the suit's capabilities. "I have marked plausible points of contact. The strike should be nonlethal and impermanent." She nodded, preparing for her strike. She looks on to Mars and the others., "I'm trusting whatever you have planned, kiddos."

She vanished in a flash, Her eyes traced Jimmy, followed an instantaneous path. She then reappeared, seemingly at intense speeds. She stopped in place, before her fist smacked the rim of his shoulder. It was enough to cause his shoulder to jolt backward, but not enough to knock him at his feet, "watch your flank, Jimmy."
Last edited by Saleon on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:29 am

The situation appeared to have gotten worse for Wander.

Only moments after grabbing Jimmy's legs, it seemed like everyone in the classroom appeared around them, taking a few different courses of action. However, the one that seemed to affect both him and Jimmy the most was the armored girl who made a force field with her swords, trapping the two of them inside.

Now normally, such a feat might not have been too bad. Hell, it was actually probably the safest method. The only problems arose de to Wanders presence within the prison, as he barely managed to pull himself up and out of the way fast enough to avoid getting cut in half!

Of course, that left him clinging to Jimmy in an inpromptu piggyback, trying desperately not to be ripped off by the now fairy condensed tempest, so that wasn't really an amazing option either...

However, he began to wonder if he even noticed Wander was there, as he apparently began to lose control of his powers, asking in a panic what was happening.

It wasn't long after that before the armoured girl who'd trapped them originally flew in and punched Jimmy in the shoulder.

Wander hadn't been able to hear what they said outside the shield, but it was pretty clear what the plan was.

Knock Jimmy unconscious an hope it stopped his power.

"Alright Jimmy, just a warning!" He shouted over the roar of the storm. "This'll probably hurt a bit!"

And then he punched him hard in the back of the head, doing so in a way that should knock him out with just the one hit.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Vanquaria wrote:---

As Bu spoke and laid out a plan they could follow, Arturo simply listened and nodded along, finding himself fairly pleased with the idea. He didn't doubt that the Hyloresistor would protect him, and he in fact enjoyed putting himself in harm's way sometimes, just to see how the machine reacted, but even then, plans that did not involve him getting shot at or being used as a human shield were nice every once in a while. Clasping his teammate's shoulder, he spoke. "Sounds great to me, glad to see we're on the same page King! Great minds think alike, and all that shit." He stated, before peeking out at the group of superhumans, observing them carefully. The second he noticed that their attention was turned well away from them, he got up and darted away to find cover elsewhere, leaving Bu free to engage the hostiles.

Quickly finding himself hidden behind an overturned bus not too far from his original position, Arturo waited patiently until the first shots were fired, and then surveyed his surroundings once again. The group that had violently taken control of the mall was now quite distracted, so he was basically free to continue moving without drawing their attention. With that in mind, he dashed past them and into the mall. All around it were vehicles, many of them destroyed or otherwise non-functional, and many others still unsuitable for transporting the whole crew of the Warhounds, though there were a handful that would do the trick. However, Arturo had something very specific in mind, and so, he began exploring the depths of the mall, a smile on his face.

A few minutes later, and Arturo was seated behind the wheel of a large, half-full box truck that had the logo of a local snack company on the side, driving towards the front of the mall with no intention of slowing, despite the fact that the entrance was neither large enough for the truck nor intended to let it through. Activating his comms, he addressed the rest of the team, which was currently caught up in a battle against anti-superhuman thugs. "Cobra, everyone, I have an usable vehicle. I'm currently at the mall, I'll need your location so I can head over and fetch you all once I'm done over here." He stated, pausing for a moment to eat a salty banana chip before continuing, the cracking sound likely heard by the others through the comms. "Bu, where are you? I'm coming to pick you up. Go ahead and disengage, if you're still fighting those guys." He said.

As the truck neared the entrance of the mall, the black bracelet on the young man's wrist projected a force field around it, in order to protect its wearer from the imminent impact. The truck crashed through the entrance, tearing a large hole onto the front of the mall, with the force field absorbing all the force that might have harmed the driver otherwise. With that done, Arturo began driving towards Bu's location, eager to get out of Caracas.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:56 am

Max Rainer- Los Angeles

Me and Mike made quite the ruckus as we burst through the door to his family's small apartment. Mike slammed the door open, leading me by a few inches as we raced in. Effortlessly throwing his backpack to the side, Mike leapt over the back of his couch, only to land on his cat. I struggled to breathe as I laughed at the mess of fur and flailing arms that I found waiting for me at the front end of the couch. Finally wrestling the angry feline off himself, Mike gave me a knowing glare.

"You did this, didn't you?" He said as he rubbed the scratch marks that now covered his arms. I would have shrugged, but I was still too busy trying to catch my breath.

"What did I say about slamming the door?" yelled a female voice from the next room over.

Mike winced, but it was hard to tell if it was because of the cat or his mom. "Sorry mom!" He called out. After giving me a quick stink eye, Mike got up and moved towards the kitchen and started making himself a sandwich. "I don't care what you say," he said as he caught the knowing look on my face, "this is for me and I'm not making you anything, so get off your lazy ass and make yourself something."

Unfortunately for Mike, his timing was impeccable. "Language!" yelled his mother as she entered the room, "And don't be rude. Max is a guest and you already have the fixings out." Mike eye's widened in shock as he opened his mouth to respond, but his mom cut him off again. "Don't talk back to me. Just be glad this is the only punishment you're getting for slamming that door." Turning to me, Mike's mother gave a warm smile. "It's good to see you Max. I hope Mike wasn't causing too much trouble for you?"

"Oh, you know Mike," I said as I met Mike's glare with a smirk, "Always causing trouble."

She gave a small laugh and smiled at the two of us as we stared each other down. "Well, I assume you'll be out and about for the rest of the day. Just make sure to stay out of any real trouble and call if anything happens. I don't want any calls from the hospital or the police, you understand?" We both nodded. "Good. I'll be here all day if you need anything."

As Mike's mom turned and went back to whatever chores she was taking care of, me and Mike gave each other a knowing look. "Oh I think we'll be just fine."
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Thomson High
As Jessica knocked Jimmy off his feet, he was suddenly attacked by someone trapped in the vortex with him. He fell forward as he was struck from behind, the flurry of winds around him began to dissipate. Mars saw that he was falling to the ground fast, and ran towards him. The young man in combat armor dove forward, catching Jimmy before he hit the ground. Mars started to hear sirens as the police seemed to be closing in on the school. Once he saw that Jimmy was mostly alright, he turned to the others that had helped him in this situation,

"Uh, I don't know about you all, but I don't want to get stuck answers the police's questions about what happened here. I think something big is going on, and there has to be a lot of other people across the city that need help. So... I'm getting out of here. Anyone want to come with me?" Mars didn't know too many of these people too well besides Amanda, but they seemed nice enough to want to help in the first place so he figured he could trust them.

As the sirens got louder and he started to see police vehicles pull into the parking lot he realized he didn't have time to wait for everyone's reply. "Alright now or never, if you're in follow me." He said before running back into the school and out the side entrance that led away from the encroaching police officers.

Mars made his way to a small park a few minutes away from the school. The coast was clear, and turned back to his classmates who were following him. "Well, the coast seems to be clear for now. What do you think is happening exactly? I checked my phone and the news seems to be saying things like what happened to Jimmy are happening all over the place."

Warhounds
The thugs shouted in panic as the gremlins started to swarm them, and the bat wielder who was coming after Jean was cut down by Lorn. While the attackers were being scattered by the team, Sonia was climbing the apartment building, latching on to the nearby fire escape. The window to the apartment was locked, so Sonia used her claws to pick it. After a minute or two the window was open and she slid in to find a small apartment. There were two bedrooms, a bathroom and a combined living room and kitchen. This isn't exactly what we're used to, but it's a good back up. The whole complex seemed like it was abandoned, and so they would have their choice of rooms if they needed it. She headed up to the rooftop where she could get a clear view of the city.

"Status report recieved Arturo. Meet us outside the apartment complex once yoyve retrieved Bu." She said through her comms device. "Everyone else, I found an empty apartment complex that over looks the city, only a few blocks from you. I'm sending the coordinates now, meet me here while we wait out our get away vehicle." She said to the others, taking out her phone and sending them the coordinates using a GPS app.
Last edited by Tomia on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Lazarus Goldman-Turns out, dying hurts, a lot.
Outside the Art College,San Diego, California

It had not been long since he left the Art College, that Laz heard an almost irritatingly perky voice. He turned and saw the one who spoke, a strangely dressed individual. Laz responded by saying "Am I, in need of help, perhaps, but not as much as the bystanders. I assume you are aware of what is happening, with people awakening to powers randomly?" Laz did not sense an anymosity towards him, but it was better to try to determine the other party's standing.

Akira Yasunaga
Art College, San Diego

It seems that the person in front of him really needs help. And at the same time put him less in the needed ones and placing the bystanders as the ones who are in dire need of help more than him. And with the mentions of people awakening with powers all around, it is in his best interest to help. Unfortunately, his tech-background powers need to be near technology, or at least the internet.

"Yes, I'm aware of the current situation. Almost the same thing happened in Thomsen High, as per report from my drones, they saw it from the outside of course. Unfortunately there's little thing I can do seeing my powers are more tech-based and designed to support from the back. My suit gives me strength, but as you can see the bystanders need medical attentions, not physical attentions," he sadly remarked about that.

"Anyway, are you involved in this....incident? Knowing that people awakened powers everywhere, there are chances that you actually have your power awakened just recently..."

Laz, intently listened to to person who had approached him. When teh other party finished speaking, Laz started chuckling, before long it turned into full blown laughter. "While, I technically, did awaken powers 'recently', when i died, I assure you, I have had my powers for a great deal of time, just some for a shorter time than others." Laz paused for a brief moment before he continued. "Unfortunately, none of my abilities are exactly support, or able to help with injuries, either."
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:32 pm

As Jessica knocked Jimmy off his feet, he was suddenly attacked by someone trapped in the vortex with him. He fell forward as he was struck from behind, the flurry of winds around him began to dissipate. Mars saw that he was falling to the ground fast, and ran towards him. The young man in combat armor dove forward, catching Jimmy before he hit the ground. Mars started to hear sirens as the police seemed to be closing in on the school. Once he saw that Jimmy was mostly alright, he turned to the others that had helped him in this situation,

"Uh, I don't know about you all, but I don't want to get stuck answers the police's questions about what happened here. I think something big is going on, and there has to be a lot of other people across the city that need help. So... I'm getting out of here. Anyone want to come with me?" Mars didn't know too many of these people too well besides Amanda, but they seemed nice enough to want to help in the first place so he figured he could trust them.

As the sirens got louder and he started to see police vehicles pull into the parking lot he realized he didn't have time to wait for everyone's reply. "Alright now or never, if you're in follow me." He said before running back into the school and out the side entrance that led away from the encroaching police officers.

Mars made his way to a small park a few minutes away from the school. The coast was clear, and turned back to his classmates who were following him. "Well, the coast seems to be clear for now. What do you think is happening exactly? I checked my phone and the news seems to be saying things like what happened to Jimmy are happening all over the place."

Warhounds
The thugs shouted in panic as the gremlins started to swarm them, and the bat wielder who was coming after Jean was cut down by Lorn. While the attackers were being scattered by the team, Sonia was climbing the apartment building, latching on to the nearby fire escape. The window to the apartment was locked, so Sonia used her claws to pick it. After a minute or two the window was open and she slid in to find a small apartment. There were two bedrooms, a bathroom and a combined living room and kitchen. This isn't exactly what we're used to, but it's a good back up. The whole complex seemed like it was abandoned, and so they would have their choice of rooms if they needed it. She headed up to the rooftop where she could get a clear view of the city.

"Status report recieved Arturo. Meet us outside the apartment complex once yoyve retrieved Bu." She said through her comms device. "Everyone else, I found an empty apartment complex that over looks the city, only a few blocks from you. I'm sending the coordinates now, meet me here while we wait out our get away vehicle." She said to the others, taking out her phone and sending them the coordinates using a GPS app.

Reece had to readjust himself on Kraken's back. His pet moved far quicker than he expected and almost fell of in the 10 second journey. By the time he got into a more comfortable position, Mars he thought the other students name was, had taken charge saying that what happened in the school was happening all around the city. People with superpowers cropping up and either not knowing how to control them, or knowing how and using them with malicious intent. Reece hoped that he wouldn't be seen as one of the bad guys. Mars wanted them to follow him if they were interested in helping? Easy. He just hoped that his pet would be able to follow instructions. IT sure seemed friendly enough so he hoped it saved that same enthusiasm for other people. Mars was already gone by the time Reece made his choice. "Follow him!" Reece commanded and his pet did so, but since Mars had the lead, Kraken decided that the best way to catch up would be to sprint on all fours.

The trip was short, but intense. Reece resisted the urge to scream in terror as Kraken sprinted with inhuman speed through the school and out the front doors. Reece having the most terrified look on his face throughout the entire trip until he stopped. Kraken's standing back up and awaiting further commands from his master with his long tail swooshing all over the place. It took Reece a second to collect himself, but he did. "A-Alright. Ugh. I need to get you a saddle." He muttered as he climbed off Kraken's back. "Okay. I'm ready to assist. Or rather, he is." Reece ushered to his visibly growing pet. He figured that he would need to be a little bigger. Enough to carry him and not get bogged down.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:08 am

Warhounds

[/quote]
Elfie Magvalur, Good Girl

Hmm, no response for a while, neither from my team or from other people, guess not many people are interested to charge a burning whirlybird that has a little makeshift bunker built next to it. And while I could easely get to the meetup coordinates, my slightly broken friend however, may have trouble doing so. Hmm, running is to risky, asking for a pick-up wouldn't be a good idea as we just decided coordinates. Wel, if I can't run and I can't wait then I better fly I suppose... This is going to hurt.

I took some of the rubble and metal and made a smooth slope in the direction of the building we need to go to, no use trying to calculate how big a slope or what the angle or speed has to be, I'm never going to figure that out so might as well just wing that part. Once it was built I pulled my unconscious friend ontop of me and used a whirlybird blade that I bent around me and the pilot after which I placed my back on the slope. Okidoki now the hard part, enough power with no resistance blasted from my sword away from the ramp should be enough to propel me, how far, let's find out.

I placed my sword between my feet pointing away from me, and I wrapped some leftover metal around my ankles and sword to make sure it stayed put. "Here goes!" I shouted and began charging energy in the blade, I suppose I might as well go for everything, can always lower it if I feel like I'm overdoing it. A blast of light bursted out from my location eluminating the sky, for most here this must look quite weird like an oilrig but instead of oil it is light shooting up. To my allies, the Hound people, they know all to well what it looks when I charge my weapon to the limit. When fully charged I released the energy which blasted me away as I offered no resistance to the force. It also, however, destroyed what was left of the whirlybird and left the earth wounded by my actions, I hope the planet didn't feel that to much. On the good side the ramp worked as it propelled me towards the building, flying is not easy, I do not envy the whirlybirds and metal seagulls, or any person that can fly. Seeing where I went was the least of my problems as any minor change in direction of my feet changed the trajectory completely. It took all my concentration to keep it aiming for the appartment block.

Using this focus in direction I did not realize speed had become an issue as my joy of reaching the right place was instantly countered by me smashing in the roof nearly causing the roof to break open. The landing severly hurt but I lived and my unconscious friend seemed to have taken none of the blow as I took it all. "I arrived at the designated location boss lady, it took me all my light though. Not even my eyes have room left for light and my consciousness is getting close to the dark. I saved a pilot, his status seems to be within the realm of recovery." I broke open the metal I wrapped around me at least I think I did as while attempting it the light of consciousness went out completely and dreams took its place.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:...

Feigning mutual agreement with Arturo’s amusing ‘’great minds think alike’’ line Bu tensed his muscled body when his talkative teammate left him. Grasping his weapon tightly the young soldier adopted a hybrid crouch-like stance. Finding an adequate position 500m from the enemy he aimed his crosshairs at one of them and without hesitation fired.

The shot, amplified by his rifle’s specific muzzle, penetrated the skull of the man he had just killed. The others were forced to find cover as Bu steadily rained bullet after bullet on them. Pretty soon, fireballs and spiky projectiles were being released towards him. Seeking to lure them away from Arturo Bu leapt onto the top bonnet of a wrecked car. Exposing himself for the world to see he purposefully aimed his shots close but not on the enemy.

His inaccuracy and daring served only to motivate and aggravate the enemy as they collectively moved closer towards him. A fireball sped towards him at a surprisingly deadly velocity only to miss Bu’s body by an inch. As the battle wore on the superhuman anarchists found themselves continually coming painstakingly close to hitting their armed assailant only to miss him by mere inches.

It was to be expected though, however undesirable, that the battle would soon attract the attention of nearby groups of thugs. Spending his last remaining bullets into the faces of that fireball man and his lady friend Bu transitioned to wielding his semi-auto Mark 23s akimbo. Jumping off the car he was now shooting to kill. Weaving in concentric motion toward the enemies from the mall while being mindful of enemies spontaneously emerging from all around him in a display that would shame the most talented multitasker, he smoothly picked off his targets with every bullet finding their desired target as he supernaturally dodged steel and flame. When Arturo radioed in his completion of the objective the 'mall gang' was no more.

Ignoring what sounded suspiciously like a chip piece being devoured Bu yelled, ‘Copy that!’

The sound and sight of a large truck bursting from the mall galvanized Bu to sheath his pistols and begin sprinting. All around him was chaos, fires burning and the wrathful screams of the enemy. Reaching the truck Bu forcefully opened and pushed himself through the rollup doors at the back of the truck before shutting them down loudly. Not yet out of commando mode he reloaded his final clip into one pistol and gripped whatever he could find as Arturo sped onwards to the team rendezvous point.

'That was too damn close back there. Drive smart Art, there is a horde of super-powered anarchists burning this city down!' Bu shouted to Arturo via his ear-piece.
Last edited by Vanquaria on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Even though it had been nearly a full sixteen years since the Treaty of New Horizons had brought about a peaceful cooperation between an alien species and the human race, aliens in general and Hadrians in particular were still a rare sight in many parts of the world, with most of them staying near their colony of New Adai or carrying out various tasks to continue bringing the two races closer together, and a scarce number of them exploring the cities of human beings as any foreign tourist would. It just so happened that, the 21st of June of the year 2017, there was one such tourist walking around in the city of San Diego, a girl who happily explored what she took to be the humans' natural habitat, keenly observing everything and taking in her surroundings with the curiosity and excitement of a child, despite being in her teenage years.

The girl's appearance, while humanoid in many aspects, was quite distinct from that of an Earth woman. She was fair-skinned, petite and innocent-looking, but her long hair, which framed her face and reached down to her chest, was a light shade of red, something that was unusual in humans and never natural, while her eyes were tinted a peculiar shade of red, and that was not even the strangest thing about her. Two pairs of horns protruded from her head, one longer and closer together and one shorter and further apart. Her arms were like those of a human from the shoulder to the elbow, but the forearm was longer, covered in black scales, and ended in claws made of bone, which were, despite their appearance, only slightly less mobile than human hands. Adding to her alien appearance, there was a long bone tail, about a meter long, protruding from her lower back. All of that, coupled with the various small crystals around her body, identified her as a Hadrian.

However, if one overlooked those differences that set her apart from regular humans, she would not seem very different from one. The white sundress she wore was not significantly different from one that a girl from Earth might wear: the straps that held it up were tied above the shoulders instead of looping around, in order to avoid the issue of having to stick her large hands through them, and there was a hole in the back that allowed her tail to slip through comfortably, but other than that, the only difference was that the flowers that appeared on it in various patterns were not native to Earth, but to her homeworld, Adai. In her hand, she held a small device of sorts which she used to take photos of the city, much like any other tourist would.

In short, despite being an alien with several peculiar traits, her appearance and behavior made her seem fairly harmless, and thanks to this, she was mostly left alone. The few people that approached them did so mostly out of curiosity, and the girl was happy to talk to them and tell them about herself, always eager to meet new people. But as she walked through the streets of San Diego, fewer and fewer people crossed paths with her, to the point where she found herself alone, all the citizens having retreated to their homes. Needless to say, she found this very strange, as the city had been bustling with activity minutes earlier. Looking around more carefully, she could see a few plumes of smoke rising in the distance, and also heard police sirens in the distance. Confused and a little frightened, the girl continued walking, hoping to find someone so that she could ask them what was going on.

Fortunately for her, or perhaps unfortunately, she found someone quite soon, a tall man who seemed to be in his forties, who looked rather disheveled and seemed to be searching for something. Quickly walking towards him, she spoke up as soon as she was within earshot. "Excuse me, mister!" She said softly, though her words had a bit of a peculiar accent to them, almost as if they were questions. "I was wonderin' if you know what is goin' on? I was lookin' around the city but suddenly there's no one around?" She asked him, hoping he would have answers for her. The man stopped moving suddenly when he heard a voice and straightened up as he listened to the question, letting out a sigh.

"Didn't you hear, little girl? There's a buncha people getting powers and running 'round doing crazy stuff, and the mayor's told everyone to stay indoors, so you better... wait, why you!" The man spoke as he turned around, trailing off and narrowing his eyes as he looked upon the girl who asked him for information. He began walking towards her, his steps menacing and an odd and unnatural crackling sound coming from his left arm. "Don't try to trick me, you did this! You aliens and your plots and your fancy machines! They say that you're our friends but I don't got to listen to no silly treaty, not when my city's on fire because of you! Fix this!" He said angrily as he advanced. Surprised by the man's change of demeanor and decidedly scared now, the girl found herself at a loss for words, opening her mouth with no sounds coming out.

"W-wha-what are you talkin' about?" She managed to stutter out, which only served to anger the man further. Letting out a squeak, she ducked just in time to avoid being hit by a bolt of lightning the man fired from his left hand. Knowing better than to stay behind and ask questions, she started running away from the man who seemed to have been empowered by the incident as well. Slipping the device she held into a pocket on her dress, she began using her large claws to propel herself forward faster than her legs could manage, trying to gain distance and jumping onto street stalls and cars and behind trees and other obstacles in an attempt to avoid being hit by a bolt. Her claws allowed her quite a bit of mobility, but the man was quick, and even turning corners often wasn't enough to shake him from her trail.

Growing tired from the chase, the girl stopped to catch her breath in a park bench, thinking that the man would take a bit to catch up with her. Unbeknownst to her, this was the same park that a group of students had just escaped to. However, this was the last thing on her mind at the moment, as she soon heard the voice of her pursuer uttering harsh words from some distance away. "Someone help me catch the alien witch! She's the one responsible for everything!" He shouted. Frowning, she stood up from the bench and turned to glare at the man.

"I didn't do anythin'! And I'm not a witch, I'm a normal Hadrian!" She shouted back at him. Her angered courage was short-lived, however, as the girl saw another bolt headed towards her and could only bring up one of her arms to block it. Falling on her butt, she looked at her arm in shock, and while she was mostly unharmed, her hand was rocked by spasms that she could not stop or control. With her means of moving quickly now temporarily disabled, she hastily stood up and ran to take cover behind a tree. "Leave me alone!" She shouted at her pursuer, not quite sure how to deal with him and hoping someone would hear and stop him.

"This is not how I expected my trip to go!"
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Akira Yasunaga
Art College, San Diego

Laz, intently listened to to person who had approached him. When teh other party finished speaking, Laz started chuckling, before long it turned into full blown laughter. "While, I technically, did awaken powers 'recently', when i died, I assure you, I have had my powers for a great deal of time, just some for a shorter time than others." Laz paused for a brief moment before he continued. "Unfortunately, none of my abilities are exactly support, or able to help with injuries, either."

"Me neither, like I said earlier," as Akira answered. Some strange things have indeed happened. He laughed at him, for example. Something wrong with him or he said something wrong to him. Eh, no matter. "Alright then. So...I guess....what should we probably do now? We don't exactly have anything to do and we cannot heal injuries and wounds..."
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 am

Jimmy noticed a girl next to him as he was causing a tornado within his science lab. She was speaking calmly and didn't seem too aggressive. "People here are awful! And now I can finally fight back!" He said to her when suddenly other people began to swarm into the room which only seemed to set him off.

"Leave me ALONE!" He shouted, using a nearby desk to slam a whole in the wall. He then moved outside a tornado beneath him propelling him at high speeds. He made his way to the nearby soccer field, standing on a set of bleachers as the wind swirled around him.

Mars meanwhile pushed himself off the ground, seeing the strange man with the giant arm walking towards him. "What the hell?..." Mars asked himself softly, forgetting about Jimmy momentarily. Just then Amanda who had been trying to talk Jimmy down turned to Mars. "Amanda? What are you doing here?" He said, flipping up his visor to reveal his face. Amanda was a friend of his who he had a few classes with. She was kinder to him than most kids at the school. Then he saw Amos and Luke arrive, and he realized this situation could be getting out of hand. He didn't know either of them, but he knew all of them and didn't want them to get hurt. Then again, he was kind of desperate and could use the help.

"Alright everyone, Jimmy here is dangerous to himself and others. We need to stop him. Can any of you, you know... do anything?" It seemed awkward to ask people he barely knew if they had super powers, but he needed to ask it somehow. "If not you should get to safety, there's no reason for anyone else to get hurt." Just as he said that the tornado surrounding Jimmy picked up speed, ripping up the ground beneath him and throwing it around menacingly.

"We need to do something now! Come on!" Mars shouted, running out towards the field. Without any of his real equipment he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he needed to do something.
Tomia wrote:Jimmy was raising a storm around the field when suddenly his leg was grabbed by some kind of chain, he turned to see Amanda again. "I told you to go AWAY!" He shouted as he started to be pulled down toward the ground. Jimmy pulled the wind towards him to keep himself in the air, while ripping a piece of the nearby bleachers and chucking it towards her. The metal scarp flew menacingly towards Amanda, when suddenly Mars jumped in front, a wall of transparent blue energy materializing in front of him. The metal smashed against the wall, which wavered ever so slightly but the scrap fell harmlessly to the ground at Mar's feet. While the energy wall was still up he turned to Amanda,

Amos stood against the winds as Jimmy continued to swirl the air around the crowd, before it suddenly stopped and everyone seemed to rapidly flee the building to the sports field. Amos, lacking any superhuman ability to move quickly, instead ran back to the gym to grab his stuff, racing outside to see the fight as it concluded and his boxing gloves were hanging over his shoulder. There was no more time to argue or debate: people in the city were in trouble and these other kids were some of the few who could help so soon. Without hesitation, Amos turned back around and chased after the robot suits, mutated humanoids, and summoned monsters back into the school and out the other side and towards the mostly abandoned park.

"I wonder if I'll get something like that too..." Amos said quietly, looking at his callused hands for a moment before back up at the people around him. "I don't know if we can stop a whole city from going haywire, but we can at least do something. Knock some heads and keep people from hurting themselves more than someone can fix." The young man set his backpack down and seated himself on a park bench, waiting to hear what anyone else had to say. "But I know I'm not as super-powered as you all, what have you got to say?"
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Mars
Mars was surprised, and a little concerned as Kraken came running towards him. However Reece seemed to be in control, at least a little so that made the boy genius breath a little easier. "Well uh, good to have you aboard Reece, what exactly is your power? You uh... create things like that?" He said, trying to make a bit of conversation in this confusing time.

Suddenly Amos spoke up, and Mars was surprised to hear that he didn't have any powers. Still, his positive attitude was impress, if a bit naive considering their circumstance. "Well, we do need to do something. We can't just leave everything to the big heroes, not right now. There's too much happening. But where do we sta..."

Suddenly Mars was interrupted by someone shouting. It sounded like they were in distress. "What was that?" Mars asked as he turned around towards the park and he realized what was going on. A strange looking girl around his age was running toward them, ducking and hiding from someone.

"Hey! Stop!" Mars shouted as he ran towards the girl. He noticed the man that was following her was shooting lightening. He seemed to be a real menace. He turned back to his newly acquired friends for moment, "Hey, this guy's powers seem like they could fry my suit. Maybe you guys can take care of that? I'll protect the girl he's after."

With that Mars ran off towards the tree Kiris was hiding behind, activating the bubble shield around his wrist, encompassing himself and her within it. "Hey... uh, I'm Mars." He said, suddenly kind of nervous. The girl standing in front of him was pretty, clearly not human, but pretty. And Mars, being a shy teenage nerd was a bit uncomfortable with that. He realized though that this probably wasn't the best time to chat.

"I can help you. We're going to make a run for it to safety while my friends stop the guy that's chasing you. I can keep you safe, just stay close okay?" Mars said, offering his hand to girl, trying to comfort her a little.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 pm

After having broken out of the mall in an unnecessarily flashy way, Arturo drove towards where he had last seen Bu, hoping that he wouldn't have wandered too far off in his quest to distract the superhuman thugs while he snatched a suitable escape vehicle. Fortunately for the two of them, finding Bu did not take the thief very long, and he quickly approached the battlefield, scattering the remaining foes simply with the threat of running them over with a large box truck. He smiled appreciatively as he noticed how quickly his fellow Warhound had reacted to his arrival and boarded the truck, and sped away immediately afterwards, not keen on being late to the apartment complex where his leader had scheduled their rendezvous. The remnants of the group that had been contending with Bu were naturally unable to catch up with the truck, and what attacks were sent in Arturo's direction were quickly absorbed by a force field that surrounded the truck, courtesy of the black bracelet that covered part of his forearm.

Hearing Bu's words, the young man could only nod in agreement. "I'm hardly surprised, they must be very thrilled to have power to take what they need in spite of the government's antics." He spoke thoughtfully, before mentally shrugging. "No worries though, I'll get us to the boss in no time." He added afterwards, speeding through the streets of Caracas. It was a bit of a rocky ride, since Arturo was more concerned with being fast than he was with driving safe, meaning that the truck went through multiple crashes, remaining unharmed thanks to the continued protection of the Hyloresistor. Driving in this manner for several minutes, Arturo eventually reached the apartment complex that was located at the coordinates sent to him by Queen Cobra. Once there, he stopped the snack truck and then spoke to his team through his comms.

"If I got the coordinates right, I should be outside the complex right now, Cobra, and I've got Bu here with me. Requesting further instructions." He said, his playful tone contrasting quite a bit with his choice of words. "Oh, and I brought snacks if anyone wants 'em."

Tomia wrote:---

While clutching and staring at her hand fearfully, the alien girl tried to think of how to deal with her erratic and xenophobic chaser. However, her heavy breathing and the fear she felt were definitely not helping, making her unable to concentrate enough to find a solution. On the verge of panic, she heard a voice different from that of her pursuer and, looking up, she saw a human boy of about her age, running towards her while telling the older man to stop. Tears started forming in the corners of her eyes, not out of sadness or fear as one would assume given the situation, but out of happiness that someone was willing to help her, and while she was taken aback by how close to her the boy was, she was still very grateful, more so when she understood that he had moved so close in order to protect her, as evidenced by the strange bubble that now surrounded them.

"I-I'm Kirisvala. Er, just Kiris is fine." The alien responded to the human's greeting as she quickly wiped her eyes with her knuckles, and then looked up at him. One of the first things she noticed about the boy called Mars was that he was fairly handsome, but naturally that was not the most important thing on her mind right now. What was relevant was that he seemed trustworthy and sincere in his attempt to help her, so she nodded at his words. Moving to take the boy's hand, she stopped at the last second, as she knew human hands were a lot more fragile than hers and she did not want to hurt him. Instead, she placed her hands on the ground for support and stood up, dusting herself off afterwards and taking care not to tear the white fabric of her dress with her claws.

"Um, thanks for helping me. I'll follow you." Kirisvala told the boy, nodding, before trailing behind him as he led her to safety. Meanwhile, the man who had been chasing the alien girl watched incredulous as the teenager and his friends came to her aid.

"Really, you're going to help her? This is all her fault! Hers and the rest of her alien friends'!" He shouted, before tossing a bolt of lightning at the pair that was running away, only to have it harmlessly strike the bubble shield, much to his annoyance.

"For the last time, I didn't do anything!" Kiris shouted back as she followed Mars, leaving his friends to deal with the xenophobe.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

After having broken out of the mall in an unnecessarily flashy way, Arturo drove towards where he had last seen Bu, hoping that he wouldn't have wandered too far off in his quest to distract the superhuman thugs while he snatched a suitable escape vehicle. Fortunately for the two of them, finding Bu did not take the thief very long, and he quickly approached the battlefield, scattering the remaining foes simply with the threat of running them over with a large box truck. He smiled appreciatively as he noticed how quickly his fellow Warhound had reacted to his arrival and boarded the truck, and sped away immediately afterwards, not keen on being late to the apartment complex where his leader had scheduled their rendezvous. The remnants of the group that had been contending with Bu were naturally unable to catch up with the truck, and what attacks were sent in Arturo's direction were quickly absorbed by a force field that surrounded the truck, courtesy of the black bracelet that covered part of his forearm.

Hearing Bu's words, the young man could only nod in agreement. "I'm hardly surprised, they must be very thrilled to have power to take what they need in spite of the government's antics." He spoke thoughtfully, before mentally shrugging. "No worries though, I'll get us to the boss in no time." He added afterwards, speeding through the streets of Caracas. It was a bit of a rocky ride, since Arturo was more concerned with being fast than he was with driving safe, meaning that the truck went through multiple crashes, remaining unharmed thanks to the continued protection of the Hyloresistor. Driving in this manner for several minutes, Arturo eventually reached the apartment complex that was located at the coordinates sent to him by Queen Cobra. Once there, he stopped the snack truck and then spoke to his team through his comms.

"If I got the coordinates right, I should be outside the complex right now, Cobra, and I've got Bu here with me. Requesting further instructions." He said, his playful tone contrasting quite a bit with his choice of words. "Oh, and I brought snacks if anyone wants 'em."

While clutching and staring at her hand fearfully, the alien girl tried to think of how to deal with her erratic and xenophobic chaser. However, her heavy breathing and the fear she felt were definitely not helping, making her unable to concentrate enough to find a solution. On the verge of panic, she heard a voice different from that of her pursuer and, looking up, she saw a human boy of about her age, running towards her while telling the older man to stop. Tears started forming in the corners of her eyes, not out of sadness or fear as one would assume given the situation, but out of happiness that someone was willing to help her, and while she was taken aback by how close to her the boy was, she was still very grateful, more so when she understood that he had moved so close in order to protect her, as evidenced by the strange bubble that now surrounded them.

"I-I'm Kirisvala. Er, just Kiris is fine." The alien responded to the human's greeting as she quickly wiped her eyes with her knuckles, and then looked up at him. One of the first things she noticed about the boy called Mars was that he was fairly handsome, but naturally that was not the most important thing on her mind right now. What was relevant was that he seemed trustworthy and sincere in his attempt to help her, so she nodded at his words. Moving to take the boy's hand, she stopped at the last second, as she knew human hands were a lot more fragile than hers and she did not want to hurt him. Instead, she placed her hands on the ground for support and stood up, dusting herself off afterwards and taking care not to tear the white fabric of her dress with her claws.

"Um, thanks for helping me. I'll follow you." Kirisvala told the boy, nodding, before trailing behind him as he led her to safety. Meanwhile, the man who had been chasing the alien girl watched incredulous as the teenager and his friends came to her aid.

"Really, you're going to help her? This is all her fault! Hers and the rest of her alien friends'!" He shouted, before tossing a bolt of lightning at the pair that was running away, only to have it harmlessly strike the bubble shield, much to his annoyance.

A strong hand grasped the hand of the man chasing Kiris. He turns to see a tall teenage girl with a stern look and surprisingly strong presence. She then moved her grip to his arm. "How about you stop shooting lightning buddy? She hasn't done anything to you, so you can calm down."

"She's a dirty Alien! And..." The man paused, looking into her eyes. "You're not human either are you?"

That question took Amanda aback. She responded quickly. "I'm as human as you." Though she knew that wasn't exactly true.

"Liar! Stop helping her!" He shouted, struggling in her grip.
Last edited by Charmera on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Neutrality Foundation
Secretary

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neutrality Foundation » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Neutrality Foundation wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
As Wendy followed her new… no friend wasn’t the right word. She thought. I don’t deserve to have any of those. Associate sounds better.

As she followed her new associate down the alley, Wendy couldn’t help but notice the girl was clearly bothered by something, most likely Wendy. As the two came to a stop the girl put her hand out.

"Koh Indigo. Thanks for helping me back there!" She said.

Wendy backed up a step, briefly considering running. “W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi.” She squeaked. “How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don’t mind me asking?”
Taking note of the girls discomfort, Koh easily put her hand back giving her space.

"W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi." The girl squeaked.

Koh nodded. Wifi. Easy to remember. Koh wondered if Wifi had some sort of power, most strangely nicknamed people did. Then again it was more correlation then causation, so maybe not.

"How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Hm?" Koh took a second to think. "Oh," she started with a laugh. "You mean floaty McFloaterson back there?"

WiFi nodded.

Koh held up her hand, making sure not to move too quickly and startle her companion. Around her hand she pulled out the clear energy. Everywhere the energy settled looked as if glass had suddenly appeared, in some places even seeming to fracture.

"I call it the Wall of Wills. It's an energy I control, moving it however I decide and I can harden it whenever I want. I call it a Wall because mostly I just use it to block stuff, you know? Attacks and the like. But I can use it other ways, like with Floaty. I wrapped the energy behind her, then hardened it and pulled her to the ground, right into your waiting arms." Koh stopped there, nervously not wanting to bore her new friend. She had a tendency to rant when she got interested in things.

She let the energy around her hand dissipate and fixed her clothing, walking to the mouth of the alley. The street they were on was fairly calm. People in crowds of confusion looking on, but no current explosions.

Koh's phone buzzed. Her Aunt texting, asking if she was alright. A quick proof of life and she turned back to her friend.

"So, crazy stuff going on. You said it's happening across the world?" Koh lost herself in thought a moment. "Well, nothing we can do about that I guess. Just ride the wave, right? I guess somebody should probably be easing the newbies into their powers though. They'll level the city at this rate."

A scream followed by shrieking and a boom was heard outside the alleyway.

Koh jumped up running to the street, muttering as she went.

"Jeez! What is it with the blowing things up! First thing you do getting your powers is blow stuff up, what even?"

A young guy was panicking, a crater beside him, as people yelled running away from him.

Making up her mind, Koh began walking towards him.

"Come on!" She called to Wifi. "I think we're the somebody's this newbie needs."

Running to the crater creator, as Koh had mentally dubbed him, she felt the pain a burst of fear in his direction caused. She slowed her pace right as a few sparks around the guy clicked and just as a wave of power flew out, Koh managed to pull up a shield.

The heat from the blast choked the air and the sound left her ears ringing. She released the wall and kept moving.

Upon approaching the guy she called out. "Hey! Hey man! Over here!"

In a panic, the newly empowered superhuman turned to her.

"I can't stop it!" He yelled. Sparks shot out again, directed at Koh and she back peddled.

"Woah! Turn around!"

The sparks clicked more aggressively.

"Calm down! You're okay, just calm down!"

The Wall of Wills, came up, but only lasted a moment as the ensuing blast flashed across the space, throwing Koh through the air.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Mars
Mars raised an eyebrow when Kiris didn't take his hand. He wasn't sure if it was a cultural thing or if she just didn't trust him yet. Either way, he decided that wasn't important. "Stay close to me." He told her as he started to move away from the tree toward the rest of his friends. "Amanda don't get distracted! Subdue him before he can hurt somebody." He said to her, he wished he could do more to help, but sadly his main suit was still at home and so he would need to rely heavily on others to fight villains.

The commotion started to attract others, and soon there was a full out battle going on in the park. At least half a dozen newly minted supers were attacking each other out of fear and panic. As lightening, fire, and even uprooted playground equipment started to fly through the air, Mars turned to his group with a scared look in his eyes.

"We need to find safety, everyone get in my shield bubble..." He was cut off when suddenly one of the attackers around him was knocked to the ground instantly. The young genius was confused but then he looked up and saw a tall figure floating above them. She had a tail, and reptilian features that made it clear who she was to Mars.

"Naja?" He called out, not expecting a reply but simply out of shock.

Even more to his surprise however, Naja turned her head towards him before suddenly shooting towards another new super who tried to hit her with a fire ball. She projected an energy shield that blocked the attack easily before slamming her fist into his face, knocking him out almost instantly. Then the hero, in her bright blue and stylish super suit, turned to the teens who were gathered around each other.

"You all need to go home, it's not safe out here. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in school?"

War Hounds
Sonia was glad when Good Girl reached the apartment, but sighed slightly in annoyance when she passed out from exhaustion. She picked up her downed comrade as she heard Arturo's words. She went to the window and saw his vehicle outside. She slowly climbed out the window and scaled down the building until she was right above the car. Sonia dropped onto the roof before opening the side door with her hand and climbing in with Good Girl still on her shoulder. She looked around, seeing the rest of the team in the car before speaking to Arturo. "Drive, get us out of the city so we can catch a plane out of here. And pass me some of those snacks."

Trowulani Knights
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trowulani Knights » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:55 am

Zhuldys Voronin
After a few more blast of superheated air, most of the thugs had been driven away from Zhuldys, as well as the rest of the Warhounds. Suddenly his comm device blared in his ears with the crackling voice of Cobra. She told the group to rendezvous at an apartment and sent them the location coordinate. "Gents and Ladies, I presume our duty here has been fulfilled. I think now is the appropriate moment to go and left this mess to the local jurisdiction." Zhuldys then fixed the position of his mask before conjured up a bright flame in front of him. He stepped through it headfirst, and appeared at burning fire on top of a building, courtesy of the recent riot. He scanned throughout the area a few times, trying to orient himself with the direction from Cobra before he stepped through the fire once more and appeared two blocks away from the meeting point. He repeated a few times before he finally could see the destination, just in time to hear Arturo's message. The vehicle passed right beside him and stopped in front of the apartment, much to Zhuldys distaste. Zhuldys called upon the flame of The Singed Court to propels himself, much like a rocketeer.

Once he arrived, he greeted Arturo, Bu, and Cobra and waited for his fellow comrades.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Taking note of the girls discomfort, Koh easily put her hand back giving her space.

"W-wendy F-felix, b-but you can c-call me Wifi." The girl squeaked.

Koh nodded. Wifi. Easy to remember. Koh wondered if Wifi had some sort of power, most strangely nicknamed people did. Then again it was more correlation then causation, so maybe not.

"How did you did you pull her down in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Hm?" Koh took a second to think. "Oh," she started with a laugh. "You mean floaty McFloaterson back there?"

WiFi nodded.

Koh held up her hand, making sure not to move too quickly and startle her companion. Around her hand she pulled out the clear energy. Everywhere the energy settled looked as if glass had suddenly appeared, in some places even seeming to fracture.

"I call it the Wall of Wills. It's an energy I control, moving it however I decide and I can harden it whenever I want. I call it a Wall because mostly I just use it to block stuff, you know? Attacks and the like. But I can use it other ways, like with Floaty. I wrapped the energy behind her, then hardened it and pulled her to the ground, right into your waiting arms." Koh stopped there, nervously not wanting to bore her new friend. She had a tendency to rant when she got interested in things.

She let the energy around her hand dissipate and fixed her clothing, walking to the mouth of the alley. The street they were on was fairly calm. People in crowds of confusion looking on, but no current explosions.

Koh's phone buzzed. Her Aunt texting, asking if she was alright. A quick proof of life and she turned back to her friend.

"So, crazy stuff going on. You said it's happening across the world?" Koh lost herself in thought a moment. "Well, nothing we can do about that I guess. Just ride the wave, right? I guess somebody should probably be easing the newbies into their powers though. They'll level the city at this rate."

A scream followed by shrieking and a boom was heard outside the alleyway.

Koh jumped up running to the street, muttering as she went.

"Jeez! What is it with the blowing things up! First thing you do getting your powers is blow stuff up, what even?"

A young guy was panicking, a crater beside him, as people yelled running away from him.

Making up her mind, Koh began walking towards him.

"Come on!" She called to Wifi. "I think we're the somebody's this newbie needs."

Running to the crater creator, as Koh had mentally dubbed him, she felt the pain a burst of fear in his direction caused. She slowed her pace right as a few sparks around the guy clicked and just as a wave of power flew out, Koh managed to pull up a shield.

The heat from the blast choked the air and the sound left her ears ringing. She released the wall and kept moving.

Upon approaching the guy she called out. "Hey! Hey man! Over here!"

In a panic, the newly empowered superhuman turned to her.

"I can't stop it!" He yelled. Sparks shot out again, directed at Koh and she back peddled.

"Woah! Turn around!"

The sparks clicked more aggressively.

"Calm down! You're okay, just calm down!"

The Wall of Wills, came up, but only lasted a moment as the ensuing blast flashed across the space, throwing Koh through the air.

Wendy gasped as her friend went was thrown through the air by the explosion, her body crashing to the ground a short distance away. Fearing her new friend was dead, she rushed over to the girls limp body.

Run. A voice in her head told her. Your in over your head.

But my friend needs me. I can't leave her there.

Friend. Do you really think she'd call you that if she knew what you'd done.

reaching where Koh's body lay Wendy began frantically tugging at the girls clothes, trying to drag her out of the line of fire. "Come on Koh," She said. "Wake up. We have to get out of here. We're in way over our heads."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Trowulani Knights wrote:---

After having parked the box truck next to the apartment building Sonia had pointed him to, Arturo simply leaned back on his seat and relaxed, propping his feet up on the dashboard and continuing to eat chips from his bag as he waited for his leader and the rest of the team to arrive, assuming from his lack of complaints that Bu was doing just fine in the back of the truck. On the whole, it did not take very long for people to start arriving, with the first one being Sonia, as he had expected. "That's her alright." He told himself as he heard her land on top of the vehicle, and lazily began getting back into driving position when she settled on the shotgun seat along with Good Girl and began giving orders again. "Good thing I moved these here earlier." He thought as he reached under his seat and passed a bag of snacks to Sonia before looking around.

"Shouldn't we wait until everyone arrives before driving off?" The young man questioned, his hands on the wheel but not yet moving. Not long after he'd said that, Zhuldys arrived and greeted the two of them, with Arturo simply greeting him with his hand in return. "Well, that's one less person to wait for, at least."

Moments later, once everyone had arrived and boarded the truck, Arturo finally set off, trying to remember where the hell the nearest airport was; the fact that they usually got extracted instead didn't help matters, but he soon recalled an alternative they had been given during their briefing. "If it's a plane we want, we can head to the airport, it's not very far." He stated. Oddly, he did not seem concerned about the fact that they would be arriving on a stolen truck, or that they were still wearing battle fatigues and some of them were even stained with blood, or even that they had weapons with them that would undoubtedly raise an eyebrow. Three years ago he might've been worried about it, but experience told him that all those issues would be fixed somehow.

What wouldn't be fixed without their intervention was the fact that the truck was being shot at, Arturo's black bracelet expanding and moving part of it outside to block the bullets. "Mierda." The young man muttered dryly as he spotted a blockade not far ahead, and a relatively large group of soldiers with uniforms he didn't recognize, all of them bearing state-of-the-art weapons and body armor.

"Give us the package and surrender. We might show some consideration, despite your lesser condition." The one in command stated through a loudspeaker. Turning to Sonia, Arturo raised an eyebrow.

"The heck is this loon talking about?" He asked, partly referring to the 'package', and partly to the latter comment.

Sticking close to Mars and his bubble shield in order to stay safe from her pursuer, Kiris also took a moment to look around, in particular looking at the group that had come alongside the boy. It seemed he had a lot of friends around him who were willing to help him out, and for a moment she felt just a bit jealous, wondering what it would be like to have such a large group of people looking out for her. However, she was distracted from this train of thought pretty soon by the arrival of several more newly-appointed superhumans, who began duking it out in the middle of the park, all around her and the other teens. Frightened once again, she stayed close to Mars, not knowing what else to do, and listened to him as he addressed his friends. When he turned around in surprise, she looked as well, and saw the reptile-like woman clad in a strange uniform. Though he seemed to recognize her quickly, Kiris had no idea of who she was, having only recently arrived to Earth, and even more recently to the United States. However, the fact that he seemed to trust her was enough for the alien girl.

"Um, I don't really go to school here, miss... I was just visitin' the city." Kirisvala stated, twiddling her claws together in a very human-like fashion. It might have been more accurate to say that she did not go to school at all, being from a different planet and belonging to a different race with different customs and all, but given the stern tone of the snake woman, she had the intuition that perhaps it was best to leave that part out. "I was just walkin' through the city when a man started blamin' me for what is goin' on here, and I ran away and found these people who helped me." She explained, before looking around. "Um,is there any safe place we can go to?" She asked, hoping to get away from the streets, as they were becoming more and more dangerous as time passed.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse