NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Aedrorynn {IC|CLOSED}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Tales of Aedrorynn {IC|CLOSED}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Click Image for OOC

Tales of Aedrorynn
THEME

The continent of Aedrorynn, a realm beyond the perception of our world. A world that exists separate of all known reality, a pocket dimension if you would. This world was created by a race of inter-dimensional beings known as the Ac'Loriaq among themselves, but to those in the continent of Aedrorynn they are simply referred to as the gods. They carved the continent out of nothing, painted the terrain and populated the world with all the flora and fauna. Be warned however, the world, well, basically everything wants to kill you. Think Australia but on steroids, and bigger. There are a few different biomes, each with its own dangers, differences in flora and fauna, and native sentient races. Speaking of the native races, there are eight, each stay to a general area due to "divine intervention".

The ocean and coast line are generally safe from the other races. The Plains of Aedrorynn are home to the Centaurs, fast and well armed, capable of easily running down their enemies and devour the remains of their enemies. The massive jungle found in Aedrorynn, called the Jangalula, are home to a race of snake people called the Naagaraanee, experts of ambush and enjoy torturing their enemies and killing them slowly, followed by eating them in large feasts. The large desert simply referred to as the Brenenrimal is home to the Skorpyo, a race of scorpion people, who stalk the desert in the night and kill their victims in their sleep before melting the victims innards with their venom and then consuming their innards, leaving a husk of a body behind. The badlands of Aedrorynn, also known as the Sukarettorokku Badlands, are home to a race of 10 foot horned creatures, known as the Akaioni, who are known for eating their victims alive. The central area of Aedrorynn is dominated by the Legnoscuro, a large temperate forest inhabited by perhaps the safest of the races of Aedrorynn as they only attack when they are provoked, and feed the dead to the forest, the plant people known simply as the Vi. In the mountain ranges all around Aedrorynn, and travelling between them can be found a race of giants, ranging from 70 to 100 feet tall, known for their slight "elven" appearance, their solitary nature, long slumbers and massive appetite for meat from any form of life. Finally, the northern reaches lies the Jaajate, home to the Jaademoni, a race of beings made from pure ice, rumored to freeze their victims solid and only wake during the night or when ever the sun is blocked enough (as during a blizzard).

Now that we've talked the native races, let us speak of the race that is not native to Aedrorynn. That race is, well, humans. Poor humans, the favorite food of many of the living things of Aedrorynn. A question must have been risen by now, how did humans get to Aedrorynn considering the fact that Aedrorynn exists in its own pocket dimension? Well, to answer that we look to the Ac'Loriaq. The Ac'Loriaq have more than enough power to take human beings from their own reality and place them in the world of their creation. In fact, time even bends to them, as such they are able to take humans from any period of time and place them when ever they want. Why would they do this? Who knows, maybe they just do it for entertainment, maybe they have some other goal. In fact, most humans are completely unaware that the "gods" are responsible for removing them from their old life, and bringing them to this world. Humans that are brought to this world experience the same thing, they go from doing whatever they were doing to witnessing a flash of light before going unconscious and waking up on the shores of the Haefyn Peninsula with only what they had on their person at the time.

That said, over the years humans that arrived and managed to survive settled down, and so the only human settlement was created. Haefyn's Grave, named after the city's founder. During the years it grew with not only humans brought to Aedrorynn by the Ac'Loriaq, but with Aedrorynn born humans. Anyways, back to Haefyn's Grave, the city is built in a ring, with walls around each section. The city's centre is made up of a large central graveyard that is around the walled off Royal Palace, which also serves as the Royal Mausoleum. Entrances to the cities catacombs can be found at the four cardinal points of the cemetery, as well as in the Royal Mausoleum. Outside of the city are many farms, and a few smaller villages. The only thing protecting the farms and villages around Haefyn's Grave is a large, 150 foot wall made from pure earth with a single gate known as Haefyn's Gate, keeping all things out of the Haefyn Peninsula. Please note, the tech level of humans of Aedrorynn is generally mediveal, but people do arrive with higher tech, its just that they can't replicate it. However, some humans have been lucky enough through time to be able to delve into ancient ruins that dot the landscape, and claim for themselves the power of the "gods". There are only three humans alive right now that have the power of the "gods"; the Last Hero of the Ninth, Appius Servilius Minervalis; the trickster of time, Alek Spring; and the ruler of Haefyn's Grave, Queen Elect Aylin Byrne.

A new bunch of people are due to arrive soon. Will they seek a way to escape and return to their world, will they settle down in this new world, will they forge their own legend and uncover the mysteries of Aedrorynn, or will they face death.

Alek “Chrono” Spring
Roof of the Wyvern Soul Exploration Company Headquarters
Haefyn’s Grave, Haefyn Peninsula

One good thing about living in this world of death had to be that the sky was pretty much completely unpolluted by the lights of human cities. Well, one of the many good things according to one Alek Spring, the trickster of time, or just Chrono to most all humans of Aedrorynn. Why Chrono? There was two simple reasons for the name in his opinion. The first being that he just simply liked it. The second reason, he once cleared a ruin, and obtained the power of the time goddess, Xihena.

Also, as many people would ask, one good thing? Many would assume that he was out of his mind with a statement like that or just displaying a dark sense of humour, but to those who know him, they would know that he was dead serious. He would also be serious if he was to say he’d rather continue to live in Aedrorynn than return to the place he came from, even if he had no power. Here he felt more important, he felt free, and he liked it more than anything. Which is partially why he happened to have a certain reputation.

Anyways, enough about Chrono, let’s get to the story. Chrono laid in his favourite place, right on the roof of the largest of the many exploration guilds found in Haefyn’s Grave, the Wyvern Soul Exploration Company. He laid there looking up at the sky, just simply thinking. Just letting his mind wander as he almost always did. When most people worried or thought about home, he thought about what waited for him in the near future. What sort of beasts would he discover, or plants, or much dirtier thoughts were the sort of thing that crossed his mind all the time.

But tonight, something would happen that would interrupt those thoughts. It was the sort of thing that happened every few years, give or take. The peace of the night sky was interrupted suddenly by a brilliant explosion of light over the horizon. There was no sound just light. The light didn’t fade right away though, it stayed until streaks shot out from the main source across the sky. Those streaks would eventually hit the ground along the coast of the Haefyn Peninsula, and were they hit, a person would lay only to awaken come morning.

Chrono sat up upon seeing the light, and smiled as he watched it.

“New blood has arrived.” He said to himself as the light finally faded, “Looks like tomorrow’s going to be a busy day.”

Appius Servilius Minervalis
Villa Servilius
Haefyn’s Grave, Haefyn Peninsula

Since arriving in this cursed world, a lot had happened to Appius Servilius Minervalis. First there was the confusion that he and all his comrades of the Ninth had experienced when first waking up on the sandy shores. Then there was the clearing of said confusion through the discovery of the world that they found themselves in. Funny thing was everyone they met was speaking the same language as them, even though they insisted that Appius and his comrades were actually speaking their language. It was that discovery that lead the Ninth to gain permission to explore the world to seek an escape. That exploration lead to battles with beasts and the barbaric natives of Aedrorynn, and the eventual discovery of a certain ruin. That ruin lead to the slaughter of his remaining comrades, and him gaining power. After that, he returned and gained the position that he now held.

Upon becoming a general of the humans of Aedrorynn, he had to put his own personal desire to return home aside. He had a duty to protect the weak, and help keep the humans of Aedrorynn united. That also meant making sure new arrivals were safe when they woke. As such, when he stood on his balcony watching the lights, he was already thinking up a plan of action. When the lights began to fade, he left the balcony. Even though they were on the Haefyn Peninsula, they weren’t necessarily safe.

Shilo Weardhyll
Some Beach
Southern Haefyn Peninsula

Morning had arrived, and on some beach in the southern reaches of the Haefyn Peninsula a single blonde, godforsaken good for nothing laid in the sand. His clothing was torn, and bloodied with both his blood and the blood of others. He groaned as he started to move around slightly. His hand moved across the sand, and only a few moments after a single sigh escaped his lips and he sat up. Shilo scanned the area around him.

Am I dead finally? He thought as he just looked over the ocean in front of him. After a moment he smirked and chuckled to himself as he slowly stood up, No, I can’t be dead. This looks like some sort of heaven. And God knows this god forsaken good for nothing can only likely get into some god forsaken purgatory in death. And that’s being generous. Hell is more likely for me. So unless Hell or Purgatory is some nice god forsaken beach….

“Where the hell am I?” He said started to wander away, slowly. “Ah, no point standing around this god forsaken beach. Probably should find some god forsaken people if there are any here that is...”
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Her eyes flickered open slowly, as they always did, and she turned her head.

...I'm pretty sure I wasn't on a beach a moment ago...

Okay, what's going on here?
She stood up, brushing the sand off her clothes and automatically reaching into her pockets to make sure their contents were secure. Good; she might be who-knows-where and confused out of her mind, but at least whoever had brought her here hadn't stolen her stuff.

But then why am I here?

She didn't remember anything strange happening before she'd woken up. She remembered... a conversation... Just one of the many with her family she'd had over the past several months.

And then...

Nothing.

"I'd call it a dream," she said to no one, "but it feels real... Then again, with mine I guess you never know..."

She pulled a cigarette out of one of her pockets, and a lighter out of the other, and soon enough a thin stream of smoke was rising into the air as she started to walk.

"Hello?" she called, glancing around. "He-llo? Anybody out there?"
Her eyes snapped open, and she screamed before she could stop herself. Her hands immediately flew to her mouth, and she glanced around nervously, looking back and forth several times before her eyes finally settled on the sand she lay in.

...I... I don't understand, she thought, pushing herself to her feet. Immediately, her vision went somewhere between black and white--she was never sure--and she felt her legs folding beneath her, the ground rushing up to--

She moaned, pushing herself back to a sitting position and wiping the sand from her face. Stood up too fast, she scolded herself. You'd think you'd have learned by now...

There were definitely disadvantages to the lack of sleep and proper nutrition she'd been dealing with for a good while. It was too bad, really. She didn't exactly want to be in such a state... but her body and mind hadn't seen fit to give her much of a choice in the matter.

Part of her found that funny, in a terrible sort of way. The other part of her wanted to kill herself.

That wasn't exactly unusual. In fact, it was constant. The only thing that really changed was how loud that part of herself was being at any given time... and it was good at making itself heard.

"Is... is someone there?" she asked nervously, looking around again, her hands already curling into fists. Not in a threatening gesture, though. It was more of a nervous habit, really.

The pain of her nails digging into her skin was usually a welcome distraction from whatever situation she happened to be in at the time.

"...Someone's here, right?" she continued, standing up again--slowly, give yourself time--and taking a few careful steps. "Who's there? Why did you... Why did you bring me here?"

She thought she might already know the answer. The majority of the people who interacted with her did so for one reason, and one alone.

This, though...

This was... just bizarre.

"Hey!" she called out, trying to sound confident. "Whoever you are, you picked the wrong person to kidnap! People will look for me, they'll realize I'm gone!" Lies, all of it. Really, there weren't many better choices, if you felt like kidnapping someone and bringing them to a random beach for some inexplicable reason. She kept to herself, sometimes didn't go outside for days on end--no one will look for me.

"Answer me!" she shouted, her voice cracking. "Say something! Why did you bring me here?!"
Her eyes were closed.

I'm lying down, I wasn't just a moment ago. Did someone knock me out? Impossible. I would've heard them coming. Besides, the ground is... somewhat soft.

Sand?

Then they were open, and she was sitting up, standing, looking around.

A beach.

I certainly wasn't here last time I checked. What's going on?

Maybe I was rendered unconscious somehow. Some sort of gas, a slow-acting drug in my food... I didn't taste anything strange, but it could have been tasteless. But why bring me here, of all places? Why a beach?

"Martin," she said loudly, "if you're behind this, you should know that it won't save you. I might take more of my time, actually. You've managed to make me almost angry... and you know how hard it is to do that. Come out now and I might not make you suffer more than I already would have. Traitors still need to be taught a lesson, after all."
Her eyes were tightly shut, a wide smile on her face as she lay there, imagining the whimpering girl before her.

"You thought I wouldn't fight back, didn't you?" she asks, a disgusted look on her face. "You all think that. Poor little Rena, so weak and helpless. I'm not a child, Merry."

Her scowl melts, replaced by a sunny smile. "I did kind of like you, though," she admits, "so I won't hurt you too badly. But I can't let you get away with it. No, not you. I've waited too long to do this, you know." She almost skips as she approaches, her blade glinting in the artificial light, and Merry screams--

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

Her eyes opened, and she frowned.

That's not what she said at all, she thought, almost petulantly, and sat up.

ERROR

"Oh, shut up," she said angrily, and the incessant message stopped ringing through her skull. "I guess I need to have that fixed," she mused, glancing around--

"Or not..."

Where am I?

She stood, glancing down at the cleaver still clutched in her hands. It had been so close to Merry's throat--just another few inches and she would have finally done it.

Where is she?

"Oh, Merry?" she sang out, glancing around and holding the blade behind her back as if it was a surprise gift for a friend. "Where did you go, Merry? Don't run away, please... Come back, I just want to kill you for a second. It'll be over fast, I promise. I won't make it hurt too much... I wouldn't do that... Come on, Merry..."

No answer.

Her knuckles whitened.

"Merry," she continued slowly, "you should really come on out before I come and find you... That wouldn't be fun for either of us, would it? You're smart, Merry... You were always so, so smart... Come on... Just come out..."

No answer.

Her face twisted into a scowl.

"Okay, Merry," she said with a sigh. "I guess we can play that way, if that's what you want. Ready or not, here I come, so you better have found a good place to hide..."

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Captain Paul Montgomery

As he began to awake, Captain Montgomery pushed himself up off of the ground, which proved somewhat more difficult than he initially anticipated as he discovered that he was on a sandy beach instead of a Pennsylvania field. When he managed to stand back up, he wiped some of the sand from his uniform and looked out over the beautiful shoreline, taking in a deep breath of the warm sea air. He struggled for a moment to remember where he was and how he got here, but the last thing he could recall was charging into battle with his regiment and suddenly being blinded by a brilliant flash of light. He thought perhaps he had been felled by Union gunfire, died, and went to heaven, but then he heard a horse's neigh, and turned around to see his trusty steed Aeneas. As he walked over to grab the animal's reins and pet its nose to try and calm it, he figured his horse wouldn't likely accompany him to the pearly gates, so he knew there must be another explanation. Perhaps he'd suffered a head wound or was simply dreaming?

As he scanned the horizon for clues as to his location, he noticed a glimmer in the distance, and seeing that it had the outline of a person, began to approach. Hopefully whoever it was would have some idea of their current location...

Andronikos Arotras

The Byzantine soldier was awoken with a start when he felt someone shake his shoulder. Lifting his head off the sand, he heard someone state: "Good, you're still alive." Looking up, Andronikos noticed a man clad in strange clothing kneeling next to him with a horse nearby. After grunting while still coming too, Andronikos looked at the strange man and asked: "Who are you, and where am I?"

"I am Captain Paul Montgomery, though I was rather hoping you would be able to answer that last question." Paul reached his hand out to help the man up, which took some effort on account of his armor. Once the fellow was on his feet, and had a chance to look around, Paul asked: "Is there anything at all that looks familiar?"

Shaking his head, Andronikos replied: "I am afraid not." The Byzantine removed his helmet and uttered a short prayer before turning back towards Paul to ask: "Are we dead?"

"Not unless the Almighty decided that my horse should accompany us to the undiscovered country." The Byzantine was a little confused by the remark, but got the gist of what Paul was saying. The cavalryman then pointed to the left of the Byzantine and continued: "I noticed a farmhouse in this direction when I was walking towards you; perhaps someone there might be able to provide more information as to our current whereabouts." Andronikos nodded and, after putting his helmet back on, picked up his firethrower and grenades and began heading in the direction of the farmhouse. Paul walked alongside him, holding Aeneas' reins to ensure his horse stayed close by, then turned towards the Byzantine and said: "Interesting armor by the way; though I must admit to being somewhat curious as to why anyone would wear something so ancient. Do you work at a museum?"

"Ancient?" Andronikos replied "This armor is hardly ancient, it was only forged a few years ago."

"Right." Paul stated in a disbelieving tone, as the two continued making their way towards Haefyn's Grave...
Last edited by Brusia on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Feldwebel Gerhard Sweinger

" Achtung! Vögel auf der rechten Seite!" A flash of light appeared around Gerhard and he was whisked away, falling unconscious immediately.

Gerhard woke up, his head in the white sand of a large beach. Where am I? What happened to my unit? Gerhart stood up, picking up his Kark-98k and shouldering it, glancing around suspiciously. Is this heaven? Did I die? I don't Remeber dying. Gerhard brushed the sand off his cheek and wiped away the sweat from his brow, adjusting his helmet. His sharp eyes quickly surveyed the scene, glancing over the brilliant blue water and soft breaking of the waves. It was beautiful, wherever he was.

Gerhard continued to look, before sporting a few shapes a few hundred yards away. People? Gerhard hit the dirt. Although one was wearing a uniform unlike he'd ever seen before and another wearing an ancient set of armor, Gehard could never be too safe. They could be Americans of Brits. Gerhard began to slowly crawl towards them, his rifle ready.

Anna Del Favero

Anna woke up to the soft, warm touch of her horse Lucky's neck. She opened her eyes slowly and yawned gently, scratching her horse's neck. " Hey buddy, did I fall asleep? I had the weirdest dream. I was riding on you through the woods near Mount Melong along the Blue Ridge Parkway when a big flash of light enveloped us. Weird." Anna opened her eyes completely and almost fell off her horse in shock. " What the hell? Why are we at a stinking beach? Did you take us here?" A sinking feeling began to fill Anna. " What if it wasn't a dream? What if I died?" Anna shook her head. " That can't be. You wouldn't be here." Anna glanced around quickly and spotted two men talking a little while away. " Like mother used to say, if you don't know what you're doing, ask for help."

Anna gently tapped her Spurs into Lucky's side and the horse jolted forward, trotting quickly towards the two men. Anna narrowed her eye and looked closer at the two. One seemed to be wearing a Confederate Soldiers uniform and the other some type of Roman armor. As Lucky neared the two, Anna gently pulled back in the reins. Lucky was whinnying loudly at another horse that was standing beside the man in the confederate uniform. Anna took a deep breath and spoke to the two. " Hey guys, I'm a little lost. Do you knew where we are? Do you knew which way Staunton is? Nice costumes by the way."
Last edited by Hothnia on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 am

Charlia wrote:Her eyes flickered open slowly, as they always did, and she turned her head.

...I'm pretty sure I wasn't on a beach a moment ago...

Okay, what's going on here?
She stood up, brushing the sand off her clothes and automatically reaching into her pockets to make sure their contents were secure. Good; she might be who-knows-where and confused out of her mind, but at least whoever had brought her here hadn't stolen her stuff.

But then why am I here?

She didn't remember anything strange happening before she'd woken up. She remembered... a conversation... Just one of the many with her family she'd had over the past several months.

And then...

Nothing.

"I'd call it a dream," she said to no one, "but it feels real... Then again, with mine I guess you never know..."

She pulled a cigarette out of one of her pockets, and a lighter out of the other, and soon enough a thin stream of smoke was rising into the air as she started to walk.

"Hello?" she called, glancing around. "He-llo? Anybody out there?"

Wander's ears pricked up, as he heard a voice.

For the last little while, he'd been content to simply sit there, watching the waves, feeling the sand, and just appreciating all of... this!

This was the beach, the ocean! In all of his travels, he'd never made it to the ocean, surprisingly. He and Lone had usually remained inland, where people had really needed help. The people in seaside towns could at least fish for food, after all.

Ah, and that brought his mind back to Lone, and his homeland. He was kind of worried, because it was clear to see that wherever he was, he wasn't home. It was too flat, like plains, whereas his home had many more mountains and plateaus to explore. He wondered what had happened, and why he was here. More prevalently though, he wondered if Lone was alright.

For a moment, he got kind of worried. What if that bright light had been a flashbang, and he'd been knocked out in the ambush? What if for some reason, whoever had attacked them had dumped him here?

However, he quickly dismissed this theory. If they were gonna dump him on a beach, they would probably dump him in the middle of nowhere, and he could see a city or something in the distance. Also, he could feel that he wasn't beaten up or anything, something which generally ended up happening even when he and Lone won.

Anyway, now wasn't really the time to be thinking about that. He could always ask the woman who was calling what was going on, and she was beginning to sound frustrated.

"Hello!" He called out, standing to his impressive full height and waving to her. "Hey! Do you know what's going on or where we are?"

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 am

Kazimir Zhirov

Kazimir vaguely began to distinguish light, shape and a peculiar calming noise almost likes gentle waves as he tried to properly open his eyes after that giant flash. Something felt strange, very strange. He was lying down on his side, and on something soft. Extending his arm out he dug his hand into the ground only to discover it easily sank through. Once he managed to open his eyes properly, the young man bolted up but remained sitting, the fact that half his clothes and face were covered in sand were evidently not his primary concern at the moment. What was however, was that this place, was most definitely not St Petersburg. He scrambled onto his feet and stared around him, on one side lay the ocean, to the trees and land. The beach was large and expansive without a single patch of snow or dark grey sky. Perhaps wondering why he wasn't even in Russia would be a more suitable question.

"This is a dream. I am dreaming, none of this is real", he repeated out loud several times, it wasn't convincingly but it was the only possible answer. How else could he be here? Wherever here was that is. But that wouldn't explain why he still wore his clothes he last had on...outside the theatre. More confused and panicky than he had been when he first opened his eyes, Kazimir began walking toward the vegetation when he started to make out what sounded like voices somewhere nearby. Straining to look into the distance the Russian noticed people about two hundred metres down the beach, the big beach. Sighing knowing they were probably his best option unless of course they were savages or cannibals who would try and kill him promoting him to wake up in a frenzied sweat. Either way, he kept going in their direction.

As he grew closer he gradually became more and more alarmed noticing the difference in clothing. Fortunately there were only two. At least they didn't look like savages. "Hello?", he started to say to the mix matched pair staying a decent distance away at first. One appeared to dress like...a Roman? The other something he was unable to identify.
Last edited by Kwadai on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 am

Naranbaatar,
A... beach? What's a beach?

Strangely, there was a difference in feeling between knowing you were going to die and knowing that you were dead. One was this pervading sense of anxious dread and an overriding need to prevent the event of death. The other was more... relaxing, more like you were waking up from a pleasant dream than entering a new world from the old one. Though, there were a few differences from what he had expected of the after life. First of all, Naro never thought that sand would make it into the gods' and spirits' world. Then again, considering that there was what sounded like a river pretty nearby, it would make sense for a small amount of sand to be in the spirit world. Naro sighed and pushed himself deeper into the sand, appreciating this new land and keeping his eyes closed so as to memorize the first sounds of Mongol heaven. Suddenly, he felt the nose of Manan touch his face, gracing it with an airy snort before the horse pulled at the ground impatiently. Obviously, the beast was excited to explore the new lands of the after life. It was a little strange to Naro that Manan would already be here, but perhaps the horse had carried his body back to camp and they were buried together, as was tradition.

Then, something strange happened. Naro felt a peck on his face and heard the soft cooing of his hawk Xantel. Hawks and other hunting birds were not supposed to follow their masters into the after life, at least not in Mongol tradition. They certainly weren't killed and buried with them like the horses were. Opening his eyes immediately, the hunter glanced at his surroundings and knew something was off. Never in his life had he seen such a massive body of water as the one in front of him, nor grass so green as the tufts peeking over the edge of a nearby dune or cliff. "This... is not the after life..." he muttered to himself, standing up and converting to a more useful mindset. He jumped on to Manan and took off down the beach, looking for any signs of other people, his hawk flying far above him in the sky.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 am

Thomas "Tom" Montoya
A Beach

Thomas' eyes had began to flicker open as he felt the sensation of something wet had washed over his hand, coming and receding as it gradually woke him up. Soon, Thomas eyes slowly began to open, welcomed by the sight of sand and reaching waves slowly taking his hat into the water. With a grunt of effort, Thomas reached out and grabbed his hat before it could be could be taken out of his reach.

After looking at the hat for a few seconds, Thomas slowly brought it towards himself as he turned over on his back to be able to sit up. Then sitting up, Thomas began scanning the immediate area around him as he recalled his last moment's before the bright white flash.

This doesn't add up. Thomas thought as he looked at his surroundings , noting the beach and ocean instead of a river and tall grass, and hearing the gentle waves instead of gunfire and artillery.

"Oh hell." With wide eyes full of fear, he gave himself a quick pat down. Not finding any blood or tears on pants or shirt, Thomas let out a sigh of relief, at least knowing he hadn't been injured; let alone died and went to heaven. But then this prompted him to look down in thought. If im not dead... then where the hell is the regiment? But more importantly...

"Where am I?" Thomas asked himself as he looked around again, knowing with certainty that this place was not Cuba. He tried to answer this himself before he gritted his teeth, realizing he wasn't gonna solve anything if he sat around like a stump.

Putting on his hat, Thomas got to his feet and brushed off the sand on his uniform. Checking his equipment, Colt and ammo belt, he realized he didn't have his carbine on him, though a quick look behind him showed it was on the sand, a worn red bandanna tied near the end of the butt. With a sigh of relief followed by a smile, Thomas picked it up, giving it the once over and checking ammo, putting in two rounds from his belt but not loading one into the chamber. Satisfied, Thomas began walking, only having a hunch and hope that he wasn't alone in this strange new world.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:34 am

Charlia wrote:
Her eyes were tightly shut, a wide smile on her face as she lay there, imagining the whimpering girl before her.

"You thought I wouldn't fight back, didn't you?" she asks, a disgusted look on her face. "You all think that. Poor little Rena, so weak and helpless. I'm not a child, Merry."

Her scowl melts, replaced by a sunny smile. "I did kind of like you, though," she admits, "so I won't hurt you too badly. But I can't let you get away with it. No, not you. I've waited too long to do this, you know." She almost skips as she approaches, her blade glinting in the artificial light, and Merry screams--

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

Her eyes opened, and she frowned.

That's not what she said at all, she thought, almost petulantly, and sat up.

ERROR

"Oh, shut up," she said angrily, and the incessant message stopped ringing through her skull. "I guess I need to have that fixed," she mused, glancing around--

"Or not..."

Where am I?

She stood, glancing down at the cleaver still clutched in her hands. It had been so close to Merry's throat--just another few inches and she would have finally done it.

Where is she?

"Oh, Merry?" she sang out, glancing around and holding the blade behind her back as if it was a surprise gift for a friend. "Where did you go, Merry? Don't run away, please... Come back, I just want to kill you for a second. It'll be over fast, I promise. I won't make it hurt too much... I wouldn't do that... Come on, Merry..."

No answer.

Her knuckles whitened.

"Merry," she continued slowly, "you should really come on out before I come and find you... That wouldn't be fun for either of us, would it? You're smart, Merry... You were always so, so smart... Come on... Just come out..."

No answer.

Her face twisted into a scowl.

"Okay, Merry," she said with a sigh. "I guess we can play that way, if that's what you want. Ready or not, here I come, so you better have found a good place to hide..."

Slowly, very slowly Dietrich reached up to his face with his hand and covered his eyes. The ground he was lying on felt like sand. Strange, he was pretty sure that there had been no sand in that warehouse. Next his ears picked up the sound of waves. Also strange. He hadn't been near any water, had he? Or did the police decide to flush him out with extreme amounts of water? Nah, then he'd have to be wet, wouldn't he? So, the logical solution would be, that he was not in the warehouse anymore. Then the next step would be, to gather information about his location, something he had already started doing. Water, coming in waves and sand. Probably a beach. Now, he should better confirm that by opening his eyes.

If only it wasn't so difficult to get them open right now. He remembered only parts of what went down in the warehouse. He had been alone in there, waiting for them to come and get him. And then there was this sound of breaking glass and something hitting the floor followed quickly by this extremely bright flash of light. It had dazzled and blinded him for the time being. And now, his other senses told him, that parallel to that flash of light, he had been transported somewhere else. Aw god, how his eyes hurt!

But there was no way around it, he had to get them open to get a better idea of where he was. He quickly removed the hand covering his eyes while forcing them wide open and, following a sudden intuition, shouted:

"Kuckuck!"

Now it took his eyes some time to adjust tot he lighting around him but aparently he really was on a beach. But none he knew. And definitely none in the city he had hid in. With a moan he got up again, straightened his back and stretched his limbs. Now, since he was on some random beach with no idea where to go, it was completely irrelevant where he would go next so he just decided to stroll down the beach in hopes of maybe finding someone else who could point out the way to the next settlement, or maybe just stumble across a landmark or an actual settlement rightaway.

Well, that was untill he saw a girl. A pretty pissed looking girl. Though maybe he should be more cautious before labelling someone as a girl. In these times, people who looked like a girl didn't necessarily have to be girls. Not to mention that she could already be a woman. Just recently, when looking for some new victims, he had accidentally mistaken a 19 year old for a 14 year old. But back to the very young and female looking person on the beach not far from him. She was pissed, he could say that much although he saw only the side of her face. But what actually bothered him about her was the cleaver she held behind her back. Now, Dietrich loved cleavers, they were beautiful things. He just didn't love them as much if they were in the hands of angry looking females and not in his.

So, what to do now? She would probably notice him anytime soon so maybe he should take the initiative, surprise her a little and all that. Maybe make a good first impression? Yes, definitely! A good first impression, asking her about this place and then having some stabby fun. Yes, great plan!

And so he hid his knife in his sleeve and put the associated arm into his pocket while quickly moving towards the girl in some strange fusion of hopping and walking. And of course he was waving with his other arm, trying to draw her attention while shouting with a sweet voice:

"Juhuuuuuu! Over hereee!"
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Some Beach

After afew minutes of walking, and ignoring the pain from the many wounds, he heard something. Someone was talking, and panicking, and near by. Definitely a female he figured due to the sound of the voice. He just sighed and continued closer. When the person who was shouting came into view, he stopped for a second and just watched her for a moment. She looked quite average, like someone you'd see walking the street. But what really caught his attention was with her voice and body language. Everything screamed to him that she was scared, uneasy or maybe both.

"PLEASE STOP THE GOD FORSAKEN SHOUTING?!" He shouted back at her as he continued to move forward, "Seesh. Just when I thought I may have found someone who knows where this place is..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:37 am

Granis wrote:Wander's ears pricked up, as he heard a voice.

For the last little while, he'd been content to simply sit there, watching the waves, feeling the sand, and just appreciating all of... this!

This was the beach, the ocean! In all of his travels, he'd never made it to the ocean, surprisingly. He and Lone had usually remained inland, where people had really needed help. The people in seaside towns could at least fish for food, after all.

Ah, and that brought his mind back to Lone, and his homeland. He was kind of worried, because it was clear to see that wherever he was, he wasn't home. It was too flat, like plains, whereas his home had many more mountains and plateaus to explore. He wondered what had happened, and why he was here. More prevalently though, he wondered if Lone was alright.

For a moment, he got kind of worried. What if that bright light had been a flashbang, and he'd been knocked out in the ambush? What if for some reason, whoever had attacked them had dumped him here?

However, he quickly dismissed this theory. If they were gonna dump him on a beach, they would probably dump him in the middle of nowhere, and he could see a city or something in the distance. Also, he could feel that he wasn't beaten up or anything, something which generally ended up happening even when he and Lone won.

Anyway, now wasn't really the time to be thinking about that. He could always ask the woman who was calling what was going on, and she was beginning to sound frustrated.

"Hello!" He called out, standing to his impressive full height and waving to her. "Hey! Do you know what's going on or where we are?"
Her head snapped up as she heard a reply, and she spotted the person who had called out.

"Thank goodness," she said, half to herself, walking up to the stranger in a remarkably casual manner. "Not a freaking clue," she added, in answer to his question. "And here I was hoping you would know. Guess luck's still not on my side, huh?" She took the cigarette from her mouth and exhaled, making sure not to blow smoke in this new person's face. That would just be rude, after all.

"Mind telling me who you are? And what's the last thing you remember?"
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Opening his eyes immediately, the hunter glanced at his surroundings and knew something was off. Never in his life had he seen such a massive body of water as the one in front of him, nor grass so green as the tufts peeking over the edge of a nearby dune or cliff. "This... is not the after life..." he muttered to himself, standing up and converting to a more useful mindset. He jumped on to Manan and took off down the beach, looking for any signs of other people, his hawk flying far above him in the sky.
History wasn't exactly her strong suit. She'd never needed to learn it. So when she spotted the strangely-dressed boy on a horse, she didn't think much of it except to note that he was dressed, well, strangely.

"Hey," she shouted. "Did you bring me here? Tell me what's going on or I put a bullet in your brain, got that? I don't take kindly to being kidnapped, but if you saw fit to bring me here then you must know who I am, so you've got to get something pretty good out of this in order to be willing to risk it. What's your angle?"
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Well, that was until he saw a girl. A pretty pissed looking girl. Though maybe he should be more before labeling someone as a girl. In these times, people who looked like a girl didn't necessarily have to be girls. Not to mention that she could already be a woman. Just recently, when looking for some new victims, he had accidentally mistaken a 19 year old for a 14 year old. But back to the very young and female looking person on the beach not far from him. She was pissed, he could say that much although he saw only the side of her face. But what actually bothered him about her was the cleaver she held behind her back. Now, Dietrich loved cleavers, they were beautiful things. He just didn't love them as much if they were in the hands of angry looking females and not in his.

So, what to do now? She would probably notice him anytime soon so maybe he should take the initiative, surprise her a little and all that. Maybe make a good first impression? Yes, definitely! A good first impression, asking her about this place and then having some stabby fun. Yes, great plan!

And so he hid his knife in his sleeve and put the associated arm into his pocket while quickly moving towards the girl in some strange fusion of hopping and walking. And of course he was waving with his other arm, trying to draw her attention while shouting with a sweet voice:

"Juhuuuuuu! Over hereee!"
A voice.

Not Merry, she thought, almost disappointed. Just a weird person. She blinked twice, rapidly, and her eyes glowed red as she watched him.

"You're not Merry. Have you seen her? And what's that you have in your sleeve?" she asked sweetly. She could see something there, something that was hidden. She wasn't sure what it was, but the heat signature didn't lie. There was something there, that was obvious enough. Two more quick blinks, and the red glow vanished. "Go on, tell Rena all about it."
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Some Beach

After afew minutes of walking, and ignoring the pain from the many wounds, he heard something. Someone was talking, and panicking, and near by. Definitely a female he figured due to the sound of the voice. He just sighed and continued closer. When the person who was shouting came into view, he stopped for a second and just watched her for a moment. She looked quite average, like someone you'd see walking the street. But what really caught his attention was with her voice and body language. Everything screamed to him that she was scared, uneasy or maybe both.

"PLEASE STOP THE GOD FORSAKEN SHOUTING?!" He shouted back at her as he continued to move forward, "Seesh. Just when I thought I may have found someone who knows where this place is..."
She turned to face him immediately, her eyes wide. Is this who brought me here? No, listen to what he's saying. But he might be trying to trick me. Make me trust him. Oh, God, he's coming closer, make him stop, please. Who am I kidding? You've never done anything to help me before. You won't start now. No, calm down, think rationally, try to--try to stay calm, there has to be something you can do--

"D-Don't come any closer," she stammered, taking a step back. "I... I have a gun, I'll shoot you if you take one more step." She was trying to sound threatening, or at the very least frightened and unstable enough to be dangerous. She was also lying through her teeth. She hated guns, hated violence--please don't figure it out, please believe me--she had nothing.

Please don't come any closer...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Some Beach

"Uh?" Shilo said and stood there and looked at her. He was close enough for the woman to see the blood on his clothes, and some of the tears on them. "You're bad at bluffing aren't you? I can see it in your god forsaken eyes, panicked and scared. Also, in your voice. If you want to bluff, you've got to control your emotions."

With that he reached into his pockets and pulled out a cigarette pack, took a single cigarette and put it to his mouth. Then he lit it and just looked at her.

"It seems that we are both in a similar god forsaken situation." He said and sighed, "Are you alright?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 am

Charlia wrote:
Granis wrote:Wander's ears pricked up, as he heard a voice.

Her head snapped up as she heard a reply, and she spotted the person who had called out.

"Thank goodness," she said, half to herself, walking up to the stranger in a remarkably casual manner. "Not a freaking clue," she added, in answer to his question. "And here I was hoping you would know. Guess luck's still not on my side, huh?" She took the cigarette from her mouth and exhaled, making sure not to blow smoke in this new person's face. That would just be rude, after all.

"Mind telling me who you are? And what's the last thing you remember?"

"Ah, damn." He muttered upon learning that this woman also had no idea where they were. Yeah, maybe she might have been lying, but he'd gotten pretty good at figuring out when someone was being honest or not, and the kind of frustrated confusion he could see on her face was generally pretty legitimate. "Well, I'm afraid I have no idea either. I just woke up here. As for luck, its not something to ever really depend on. Instead, grab what you need with your own hands first, and then hope that luck is willing to show a little kindness and assist you."

He looked up in thought for a moment, before nodding and looking back to her.

"As for who I am, my name is Wander. I'm a traveler. And last I can remember, me and my companion Lone were traveling through a particularly run down town, trying to help them get things worked out, when my vision was filled with a massive, blinding light. The next thing I knew, I woke up on a beach, and the land around us is so different that I reckon I'm very far from home."

He looked towards the ocean, kicking a bit of sand as his smile re-emerged.

"Then again, at least now I can finally see what the ocean looks like..." He said, an almost serene tone begining to emerge. "Lone and I never traveled near the sea, so finally getting to see it with my own eyes is... nice."

And then he turned back.

"Anyway, what about you?" He asked. "Who are you, and what were you doing before you got here?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 am

He hated it. The deafening sound of the artillery. The screams. The whistles. There was nothing he could do.. there was nothing any of them could do. A row of soldiers, standing in their muddy trench. All they could do was to wait, and to quiver in fear..awaiting the inevitable order to attack. With his back against the wall of the trench, a boy was trembling even harder than the others. His ashen eyes were now closed in fear, and his hoary hair was mostly hidden beneath his green painted, metallic helmet. Unlike the others, he was also wearing a gray scarf, tightly wrapped around his neck. The boy was tightly gripping a rifle with his gloved hands, even if of course, anyone looking at him would have really doubted his ability to use it. A couple other weapons were visible on him, like a pistol and a few grenades..but he just lacked that air of coldness and determination that soldiers were supposed to have. Not that his superior officers cared about it. There was no time for emotions, or for mercy. The enemy was capturing the first defensive line.. it was up to them to recapture it, or else, their entire line was going to be breached. The war was already lost.. they probably all knew that, deep in their hearts. Their country had already been destroyed.. and yet.. their resolve had remained strong, and here they were.. ready to die, far away in a foreign land, fighting for a cause that was already lost.

And the sound of the whistles was heard, together with the shouts of their officers. They all turned around, and they climbed over the edge..except for the gray eyed boy, who was just... incapable of moving, terror grasping his heart. But once again.. the officers couldn't possibly care less about it. One of the others brutally hit the boy in the belly with the stock of his rifle, and the young soldier was left gasping for air, with tears in his eyes. He was vaguely able to hear the officer's shouts that were mostly covered by the ear-splitting noise of the machine guns, but another officer approached them, pointing his pistol directly at him. And at that point.. the boy knew that he had no choice. Hesitatingly, he turned around, and he tried to climb over the edge, as the officer fired his pistol in the air..so he started to run. Just to run, with nothing else in mind. That's when he felt a bullet grazing his left arm, and even if it was just a scrape, the pulsating pain brought even more tears to his eyes..but at the point.. the boy knew that he was going to die. There was no way to survive.. no way to escape. But.. that's when he stumbled over something. The dead body of one of his comrades, perhaps, or an abandoned rifle.. but he fell face forward, right in the crater in front of him. He saw a bright light, and that's when he closed his eyes.. but the last think he remembered was that he never hit the muddy ground..

And then, eventually.. he woke up. He was laying, face down on the ground.. but it was neither the muddy ground that he knew, nor the frozen and hard ground of his nightmares. It was...sand? He tried to stand up, vaguely hearing the voices of people, around him, in the distance..but he was just.. so tired. His body felt so heavy...he fell right back on the ground, breathing heavily..
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:35 am

Granis wrote:"Ah, damn." He muttered upon learning that this woman also had no idea where they were. Yeah, maybe she might have been lying, but he'd gotten pretty good at figuring out when someone was being honest or not, and the kind of frustrated confusion he could see on her face was generally pretty legitimate. "Well, I'm afraid I have no idea either. I just woke up here. As for luck, its not something to ever really depend on. Instead, grab what you need with your own hands first, and then hope that luck is willing to show a little kindness and assist you."

He looked up in thought for a moment, before nodding and looking back to her.

"As for who I am, my name is Wander. I'm a traveler. And last I can remember, me and my companion Lone were traveling through a particularly run down town, trying to help them get things worked out, when my vision was filled with a massive, blinding light. The next thing I knew, I woke up on a beach, and the land around us is so different that I reckon I'm very far from home."

He looked towards the ocean, kicking a bit of sand as his smile re-emerged.

"Then again, at least now I can finally see what the ocean looks like..." He said, an almost serene tone begining to emerge. "Lone and I never traveled near the sea, so finally getting to see it with my own eyes is... nice."

And then he turned back.

"Anyway, what about you?" He asked. "Who are you, and what were you doing before you got here?"
"My name's Meira," the white-haired girl replied with a slight shrug. "I was talking to my sister, at least that's the last thing I remember doing. You've really never seen the ocean before? That's kinda rough. I always liked things like that... Oceans, lakes an' all. They're beautiful." She stared at the water for a few moments, staying silent.

So beautiful.
Some Beach

"Uh?" Shilo said and stood there and looked at her. He was close enough for the woman to see the blood on his clothes, and some of the tears on them. "You're bad at bluffing aren't you? I can see it in your god forsaken eyes, panicked and scared. Also, in your voice. If you want to bluff, you've got to control your emotions."

With that he reached into his pockets and pulled out a cigarette pack, took a single cigarette and put it to his mouth. Then he lit it and just looked at her.

"It seems that we are both in a similar god forsaken situation." He said and sighed, "Are you alright?"
Her hands shook, and she took another step back, still eyeing him with clear apprehension. "You--What do you want?" she asked, her voice uneven and scared. "You want something, right? Everyone does. Especially if they act like they care, they just want something. Usually the same thing. That's what you want, too, isn't it? D-don't lie. I know it is. You're all the same, all of you, you're only ever after one thing and you'll do anything to get it, won't you? Well, go ahead then, it's not like I can stop you. Just... Just get it over with."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Some Beach

Shilo just stood there for a moment looking at her. She's no longer trying to hide her fear. She's doing all she can to keep it together. There is no trust in those eyes, those are eyes that have only seen darkness. She reminds me of someone. And if she's like that person, well then I know where this is going.

With that he sighed, turned on his heels and began to walk away. "Good bye then."

He didn't get far before falling face first into the sand however.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 am

Some Beach

Shilo just stood there for a moment looking at her. She's no longer trying to hide her fear. She's doing all she can to keep it together. There is no trust in those eyes, those are eyes that have only seen darkness. She reminds me of someone. And if she's like that person, well then I know where this is going.

With that he sighed, turned on his heels and began to walk away. "Good bye then."

He didn't get far before falling face first into the sand however.
Her eyes were closed, and she wasn't looking at him, waiting for the inevitable--

"Goodbye, then."

Her eyes opened, and she blinked.

What?

That wasn't right. That wasn't how these things went. He didn't just walk away, no one ever just walked away, what's going on?!

She turned, very slowly, to find him lying facedown in the sand, and almost wanted to laugh. It was just... it was all so surreal, this entire situation was bizarre and like something out of a book or a particularly strange dream, and to top it all off this strange person just walked away and fell on his face.

She reconsidered, then, the possibility that the blood might actually have belonged to him, and darted over to where he'd fallen.

You're going to regret this later, and she knew that, but it wasn't as if that was anything unusual and besides, he'd already started walking away but there has to be a motive for that, no one ever does that, he's just trying to get you to let your guard down so he can manipulate you--if you trust him then he can get you to do whatever he wants, and they all want the same thing, you know that but maybe he's different, no, you've thought that before and where did it get you? Where does trusting people always get you? People aren't nice, they aren't caring or good or selfless, not even you, you're just stupid. Or maybe you're doing this on purpose. That seems more likely, doesn't it? Why would you keep making such stupid decisions if you didn't want the consequences?

She tried, as usual, to block the words out, simply working on caring for what injuries she could.

You just keep doing this to yourself, don't you? Yeah, there's only two real explanations for that. Either you're an idiot, or you're doing all of this on purpose.

Knowing you, it's probably the latter.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 am

Feldwebel Gehard Sweinger

Gerhard continued to crawl prone through the heavy white sand, towards the two men standing a few hundred yards away. Not long ago, a girl on a large gray stallion had joined them. The girl was odd, she was wearing clothes Gerhard had never seen the likes of. The oddest thing about it was that she looked Italian and Gerhard has spent more than a year in Italy, never seeing any women wearing clothes such as these. Now that he was closer, Gerhard could see what the other two were wearing as well. One, the mustached man beside the horse, seemed to be wearing an officer's coat from the the Napoleonic era, although in a light gray that was not worn by any nation that fought in those wars. The second seemed to be wearing an ancient set of armor, likely southern Europeon. If he had to guess, likely from Turkey or Greece.

Movement caught Gerhard's eye. A boy, in an almost familiar grey uniform, had picked his head up slightly before it fell back down into the sand almost immediately. The gray of a German uniform. Finally! I wonder if he knows what's going on. Forgetting all premise of being stealthy, Gerhard lept up out of the sand and quickly ran toward the boy lying in the ground, his rifle dangling in right hand. He squatted down beside the boy and frowned. That's not a Wehrmacht uniform but it looks German. It almost looks like what the old soldiers of the German Empire wore. Gerhard quickly glanced over the boy. His trousers and boots were muddied despite the lack of mud in the area and his uniform was torn and bloodied. He looks like one of the men in the field hospitals, poor kid. Gerhard set down his rifle beside him and rolled the boy over. " Son, can you hear me? What unit are you apart of? Where are we?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 am

Hothnia wrote:Feldwebel Gehard Sweinger

Gerhard continued to crawl prone through the heavy white sand, towards the two men standing a few hundred yards away. Not long ago, a girl on a large gray stallion had joined them. The girl was odd, she was wearing clothes Gerhard had never seen the likes of. The oddest thing about it was that she looked Italian and Gerhard has spent more than a year in Italy, never seeing any women wearing clothes such as these. Now that he was closer, Gerhard could see what the other two were wearing as well. One, the mustached man beside the horse, seemed to be wearing an officer's coat from the the Napoleonic era, although in a light gray that was not worn by any nation that fought in those wars. The second seemed to be wearing an ancient set of armor, likely southern Europeon. If he had to guess, likely from Turkey or Greece.

Movement caught Gerhard's eye. A boy, in an almost familiar grey uniform, had picked his head up slightly before it fell back down into the sand almost immediately. The gray of a German uniform. Finally! I wonder if he knows what's going on. Forgetting all premise of being stealthy, Gerhard lept up out of the sand and quickly ran toward the boy lying in the ground, his rifle dangling in right hand. He squatted down beside the boy and frowned. That's not a Wehrmacht uniform but it looks German. It almost looks like what the old soldiers of the German Empire wore. Gerhard quickly glanced over the boy. His trousers and boots were muddied despite the lack of mud in the area and his uniform was torn and bloodied. He looks like one of the men in the field hospitals, poor kid. Gerhard set down his rifle beside him and rolled the boy over. " Son, can you hear me? What unit are you apart of? Where are we?"

Hearing someone who was speaking to him, the boy slowly tried to stand up again, but before he was even able to react, a man rolled him over. The gray haired soldier put his hands over his face in a clear defensive gesture - but that at least allowed the man to notice even more differences between their uniforms. Not only was the shade of gray of the younger soldier's uniform lighter, but his helmet also seemed to be a different model, although it was a very similar one. The uniform's cloth tabs had a dark brown color, with a single star that indicated some sort of a rank. The boy was also wearing a small, metallic badge with the letters "FJI" on them, and a dirty decoration, which had once been a white-red cross with the word VERDIENST in the middle of it. The brass buckle of his leather belt was also different, spotting what looked like a double-headed eagle. And yes, the boy was in a pretty.. bad shape. Not only was his uniform pretty dirty, but his left arm was also bleeding. A straight, scrape like wound right on his upper arm - where the bullet had grazed him.

As the man started to speak though, the boy removed his hands, revealing his light gray eyes and a really, really confused expression. But that's where his military experience kicked in, as the boy quickly responded, in a near mechanical way. "I can hear you, sir! I am a part of the 106. Landsturm-Infanterie-Division "Krakow", sir! We are in the defensive positions in front of the Montfaucon-d'Argonne village.." And that's when the gray eyed boy stopped, looking around...slowly realizing that something was wrong. "Or..not?"
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Gerhard frowned and readjusted the Iron Cross hanging around his neck. He craned his to look down at the boys uniform, a lighter shade of grey, an almost nonexistent but noticeable difference between their helmets, and the different Insigna designs and awards. Gerhard frowned even harder. He touched his brow with his in the way of the regular German Army ( Heer) salute and clicked his heels. " I am Feldwebel Sweinger of the 386th Panzergrenadiers, stationed in the Bayeux-Verxailles sector of the Normandy, France beachhead, under command of Field Marshal Erwin Von Rommel. You said you were in defensive positions in the Argonne forest? Why would you be in positions there? There is nothing there at the moment. And why are you on the defensive. The Wehrmacht has never been in the defensive. Lastly, why do you have that uniform on? Are you a Slovak or Croat conscript? Whose command are under Leebs, Rommels, Rundestadts, or Meyers?"

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Captain Paul Montgomery and Andronikos Arotras

When Paul heard the unknown horse approaching, he placed his hand on his revolver's handle, fearing it might be Union cavalry. When he saw it was a young girl though, he placed his hand back down at his side, and when she approached him and the Byzantine, Paul politely tipped his hat, and in his thick Virginia accent stated: "Good afternoon young lady" while Aeneas whinnied back at Lucky. As she addressed the two, Paul could tell she was a fellow Virginian from her accent, and when she asked about Staunton, assumed she was referring to the town in their native state.

"I am afraid we are in a similar predicament" Paul replied after she said she was lost "We both recently awoke upon this shore with no recollection of where we were or how we got here. I was in Pennsylvania before arriving here though, so Staunton was a good ways south of my last position." When she mentioned costumes, he assumed she was referring to the man next to him and so didn't make anything of it. He then continued: "My new friend and I here are trying to locate anyone who might be able to shed more light on our current location; you are welcome to join us if you wish..."

It was then the Russian addressed the group with a simple "Hello?" which Andronikos struggled to hear through his helmet. While the Byzantine motioned for the man to come closer, Paul looked towards the man and thought out loud: "I wonder how many of us there are on this beach..." before turning back to the girl to introduce himself: "My name is Paul by the way; Captain Paul Montgomery. My friend there is...actually I don't believe I caught your name."

"Andronikos Arotras" the Byzantine replied.

"Right. What's your name miss?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Hothnia wrote:Feldwebel Gerhard Sweinger

Gerhard frowned and readjusted the Iron Cross hanging around his neck. He craned his to look down at the boys uniform, a lighter shade of grey, an almost nonexistent but noticeable difference between their helmets, and the different Insigna designs and awards. Gerhard frowned even harder. He touched his brow with his in the way of the regular German Army ( Heer) salute and clicked his heels. " I am Feldwebel Sweinger of the 386th Panzergrenadiers, stationed in the Bayeux-Verxailles sector of the Normandy, France beachhead, under command of Field Marshal Erwin Von Rommel. You said you were in defensive positions in the Argonne forest? Why would you be in positions there? There is nothing there at the moment. And why are you on the defensive. The Wehrmacht has never been in the defensive. Lastly, why do you have that uniform on? Are you a Slovak or Croat conscript? Whose command are under Leebs, Rommels, Rundestadts, or Meyers?"

The boy would have probably tried to salute on his own.. but he was too weak to even stand up. All those weeks of malnutrition and the lack of sleep started to show their effects, and combined with the pulsating pain in his arm.. let's just say that that the young soldier simply wanted to close his eyes, and to fall asleep.. forever, if possible. Military etiquette would have asked him to reply by presenting himself first.. but the boy was just.. so confused. "Panzergrenadiers? What is that, sir? I am not familiar with the term....and Normandy, beachhead? The offensive was stopped on the Marne, twice.. our forces never reached Normandy. I'm not familiar with all the superior officers, but I believe that my unit is assigned under the command of some really high ranked German officer." The gray eyed soldier hesitated for a little. "The enemy forces are in the Argonne forest.. the war is already lost. They even have big, metallic machines with them, bigger than any of the armored cars of the Russians. And the Wehrmacht has been on the defensive for a lot of time. Most of the war was defensive. Against the Russians, against the Italians, against the Romanians. And what is wrong with my uniform..? I am a proud citizen of the Empire..."
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Charlia wrote:A voice.

Not Merry, she thought, almost disappointed. Just a weird person. She blinked twice, rapidly, and her eyes glowed red as she watched him.

"You're not Merry. Have you seen her? And what's that you have in your sleeve?" she asked sweetly. She could see something there, something that was hidden. She wasn't sure what it was, but the heat signature didn't lie. There was something there, that was obvious enough. Two more quick blinks, and the red glow vanished. "Go on, tell Rena all about it."

Darn it, he thought. Was there a bulk in my sleeve indicating the knife? Maybe. But really, even though she asked, he would surely not show her that he was hiding a fucking knife in his sleeve. No, that certainly wouldn't make a good impression. Now, he slowed down considerably though. He wanted to maintain a certain distance, now that he obviously wouldn't have the surprise on his side anymore. She would probably keep her eyes on his sleeve the whole time from now on, be it out of curiosity or caution. He would most certainly avoid talking about it.

Now, this distance also led to him not seeing what exactly she was doing with her eyes. Blinking is a completely normal thing afterall, even blinking twice in rapid succession. And at this distance, a small colour change from orange to red and back to orange was nothing that he could possibly notice, even though his eyes were quite good.

"Merry? Interesting name. Reminds me of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Do you know the character Meriadoc Brandybock, in short Merry, by any chance?"

,he chuckled lightly before continuing:

"Oh, how stupid of me to say such things! How stupid of me to believe in such nonsense! A fictional character stays a fictional character and I guess you are looking for a real one, aren't you? Well, in any case, I don't know a Merry. I haven't seen a Merry. Or if I did, I most certainly didn't know it was a Merry because I never knew a Merry."

He then stood up on his toes and brought his hand on his forehead so that his eyes had some shadow. And then, in a most comical way he started looking into all directions and behind Rena by stretching his body as far as possible.

"A Rena you say? Where is this Rena? I can't see her. Did you hide her? That's not fair! I am the one to hide the things and then make others play the seeking game!"
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Charlia wrote:A voice.

Darn it, he thought. Was there a bulk in my sleeve indicating the knife? Maybe. But really, even though she asked, he would surely not show her that he was hiding a fucking knife in his sleeve. No, that certainly wouldn't make a good impression. Now, he slowed down considerably though. He wanted to maintain a certain distance, now that he obviously wouldn't have the surprise on his side anymore. She would probably keep her eyes on his sleeve the whole time from now on, be it out of curiosity or caution. He would most certainly avoid talking about it.

Now, this distance also led to him not seeing what exactly she was doing with her eyes. Blinking is a completely normal thing afterall, even blinking twice in rapid succession. And at this distance, a small colour change from orange to red and back to orange was nothing that he could possibly notice, even though his eyes were quite good.

"Merry? Interesting name. Reminds me of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Do you know the character Meriadoc Brandybock, in short Merry, by any chance?"

,he chuckled lightly before continuing:

"Oh, how stupid of me to say such things! How stupid of me to believe in such nonsense! A fictional character stays a fictional character and I guess you are looking for a real one, aren't you? Well, in any case, I don't know a Merry. I haven't seen a Merry. Or if I did, I most certainly didn't know it was a Merry because I never knew a Merry."

He then stood up on his toes and brought his hand on his forehead so that his eyes had some shadow. And then, in a most comical way he started looking into all directions and behind Rena by stretching his body as far as possible.

"A Rena you say? Where is this Rena? I can't see her. Did you hide her? That's not fair! I am the one to hide the things and then make others play the seeking game!"
"I'm Rena," the cleaver-wielding girl provided, eyes narrowing in frustration. "And I don't believe you. I think you're lying. You know where Merry is, don't you? You know but you aren't telling. Rena doesn't like it when people keep secrets. Rena has to find Merry, so show her what's in your sleeve and then tell where Merry is. There's a connection, isn't there? Did Merry give you something to keep you quiet? Is that what you're hiding? Stupid, stupid Merry. I hate her, you know. I'm going to kill her when I find her. And if you don't show me what's in your sleeve or tell me where to find Merry, I'll kill you, too."

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Hothnia wrote:Feldwebel Gerhard Sweinger

The boy would have probably tried to salute on his own.. but he was too weak to even stand up. All those weeks of malnutrition and the lack of sleep started to show their effects, and combined with the pulsating pain in his arm.. let's just say that that the young soldier simply wanted to close his eyes, and to fall asleep.. forever, if possible. Military etiquette would have asked him to reply by presenting himself first.. but the boy was just.. so confused. "Panzergrenadiers? What is that, sir? I am not familiar with the term....and Normandy, beachhead? The offensive was stopped on the Marne, twice.. our forces never reached Normandy. I'm not familiar with all the superior officers, but I believe that my unit is assigned under the command of some really high ranked German officer." The gray eyed soldier hesitated for a little. "The enemy forces are in the Argonne forest.. the war is already lost. They even have big, metallic machines with them, bigger than any of the armored cars of the Russians. And the Wehrmacht has been on the defensive for a lot of time. Most of the war was defensive. Against the Russians, against the Italians, against the Romanians. And what is wrong with my uniform..? I am a proud citizen of the Empire..."

" The Marne? Not at all. Our forces have conquered Europe! Finally restored under its rightful place, Germanic rule. France, poor France, fell in a month! The forces of the Wehrmacht were in Paris by a single month! I personally partook in the march under the Arc de Triomphe! And what's this about fighting the Romanians and Italians, both allies of the Third Reich? I must ask you, dear boy, do you have a mental illness? Or are you possibly shocked by battle? Nevermind, I should answer your questions.

I presume by metallic machines, you mean Panzer's. We have thousands of those, spread through the Reich. And Panzergrenadier's are well trained, usually veteran infantrymen. The 386th served in the Soviet Union, against forces near Lenningrad, before being transferred to the Normandy sector. We are a mechanized infantry unit, specializing in destroying enemy Panzer's. Now I have some questions of my own. Why do you keep saying you were fighting in the Argonne forest? There hasn't been any fighting there since 1940. And what Empire are you a citizen from? I thought you were a soldier of the Third Reich. Are you not?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse