NATION

PASSWORD

ASoIaF: The Last King (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stjernland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stjernland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:56 am

I'd like to reserve House Bolton if nobody has them already. Every story needs a solid set of villains. Siege of the Dreadfort? What happened at Winterfell?
Want to help build a world? Like to roleplay? Come to Werenth and claim your slice of paradise!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 am

Stjernland wrote:I'd like to reserve House Bolton if nobody has them already. Every story needs a solid set of villains. Siege of the Dreadfort? What happened at Winterfell?

I do believe House Bolton fell already. Roose and Ramsay are dead if I remember correctly.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Stjernland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stjernland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Stjernland wrote:I'd like to reserve House Bolton if nobody has them already. Every story needs a solid set of villains. Siege of the Dreadfort? What happened at Winterfell?

I do believe House Bolton fell already. Roose and Ramsay are dead if I remember correctly.

At the conclusion of A Dance with Dragons, both Roose Bolton and Ramsay Snow Bolton are still very much alive. Ramsay has been declared Lord of Winterfell and has been married to "Arya Stark." The Boltons have positioned a strong army of Northmen in the fortress, sending the Freys and Manderlies to crush Stannis Baratheon and his army. It's implied that Lord Manderly betrayed the Freys. Theon Reek has escaped with "Arya" and met up with Stannis, leaving the Boltons in a politically awkward position. Ramsay may or may not have written a letter to Jon Snow demanding his wife back.

So what's changed from the books? If House Bolton is gone, I'll apply as somebody else, but, if they're still around, I need details to get involved.
Want to help build a world? Like to roleplay? Come to Werenth and claim your slice of paradise!

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 am

Stjernland wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

At the conclusion of A Dance with Dragons, both Roose Bolton and Ramsay Snow Bolton are still very much alive. Ramsay has been declared Lord of Winterfell and has been married to "Arya Stark." The Boltons have positioned a strong army of Northmen in the fortress, sending the Freys and Manderlies to crush Stannis Baratheon and his army. It's implied that Lord Manderly betrayed the Freys. Theon Reek has escaped with "Arya" and met up with Stannis, leaving the Boltons in a politically awkward position. Ramsay may or may not have written a letter to Jon Snow demanding his wife back.

So what's changed from the books? If House Bolton is gone, I'll apply as somebody else, but, if they're still around, I need details to get involved.

If I recall correctly from the last iteration's happenings, Stannis defeated the Boltons in the Battle of the Ice, and with the help of the northerners took Winterfell, killing Roose and Ramsay. Theon was executed to appease the northerners. They then besieged the Dreadfort, and at the start of the rp have taken it. So they are pretty gone in this rp.

I'll be posting today for Littlefinger. If possible the Royce's could timeskip to the Gates of the Moon for the tourney, or it could be possibly that our current posts were in the near past, and that the timeskip is merely to the present.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

Krugmar wrote:
Stjernland wrote:At the conclusion of A Dance with Dragons, both Roose Bolton and Ramsay Snow Bolton are still very much alive. Ramsay has been declared Lord of Winterfell and has been married to "Arya Stark." The Boltons have positioned a strong army of Northmen in the fortress, sending the Freys and Manderlies to crush Stannis Baratheon and his army. It's implied that Lord Manderly betrayed the Freys. Theon Reek has escaped with "Arya" and met up with Stannis, leaving the Boltons in a politically awkward position. Ramsay may or may not have written a letter to Jon Snow demanding his wife back.

If I recall correctly from the last iteration's happenings, Stannis defeated the Boltons in the Battle of the Ice, and with the help of the northerners took Winterfell, killing Roose and Ramsay. Theon was executed to appease the northerners. They then besieged the Dreadfort, and at the start of the rp have taken it. So they are pretty gone in this rp.

I'll be posting today for Littlefinger. If possible the Royce's could timeskip to the Gates of the Moon for the tourney, or it could be possibly that our current posts were in the near past, and that the timeskip is merely to the present.

That sounds perfect, our introductory posts could have been the previous weeks and now in the present you can welcome Lord Yohn to the Gates of the Moon. As for @The Valyria Empire, I'll have Andar Royce arrive at Ironoaks to meet with Harrold or alternatively the same meeting but by the Gates of the Moon if he'd travelled there for the tourney already?

Stjernland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stjernland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 am

Krugmar wrote:-

I see. I just read through the IC, and House Bolton has been Tywin'd. Perhaps I could role-play the shattered remnants of House Ryswell and allow for scenes where the Mannis can give the Northmen justice? It'd allow a bit of creativity since the Ryswells aren't well fleshed out. Red Ronnet is another tantalizing option. Or I might just take Bronn and proceed to troll the Iron Throne repeatedly. Lord Stokeworth!
Last edited by Stjernland on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

United Kolumbia wrote:
Krugmar wrote:

That sounds perfect, our introductory posts could have been the previous weeks and now in the present you can welcome Lord Yohn to the Gates of the Moon. As for @The Valyria Empire, I'll have Andar Royce arrive at Ironoaks to meet with Harrold or alternatively the same meeting but by the Gates of the Moon if he'd travelled there for the tourney already?

I'll get a post up tonight, with him arriving at the Gates.

Stjernland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stjernland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm

House Name: House Ryswell
Culture: Northmen
Leader(s): Lord Rodrik Ryswell, Lord of the Rills; Lady Barbrey Ryswell, Lady of Barrowton
Lands: The Rills, The Barrowlands, and Barrowton
Sovereign: House Ryswell formerly pledged fealty to Tommen Baratheon, the First of his Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms at the instigation of Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort and Warden of the North. Rodrik was the father of Roose's second wife, the Lady Bethany, and was thus understandably eager to lend support to the Boltons. He and his daughter, Barbrey, were among the fiercest of Roose's allies. In the aftermath of Stannis's successful assault on Winterfell, the remnants of House Ryswell have elected to sue for peace, hoping they might spare their captured kin from the pyres of Stannis's Red God.
Coat of Arms:

Armed Forces: 400 men (45 heavy cavalry, 67 light cavalry cavalry, 55 heavy infantry, 49 archers, 284 spears - does not include green boys and old or infirm men)
Other Notable Things: Lord Rodrik, along with his quarrelsome children Barbrey, Roger, Rickard, and Roose, were all present when Stannis stormed Winterfell. Rodrik, Barbrey, and Rickard were captured, whereas Roger and Roose both died from injuries sustained in the fighting. Rodrik's grandson by his eldest son and heir Roger, a boy of sixteen years named Brandon, suffered a dire wound and has been at death's door for weeks. Another grandson, Jory Ryswell, broke a leg and several ribs amid a fierce cavalry charge and was captured. The Ryswells are famous for breaking horses and fielding superb light and heavy cavalry, and they gave a good account of themselves during the battle. Meanwhile, in the Rills, Lady Jeyne Ryswell, wife to Rodrik, has scrambled the household in the hopes that bending the knee to this southern pretender might secure the release of her husband, living children, and grandson. Rickard's natural daughter, Rhea Snow, fearful that a raven might not be able to brave the horrendous storms sweeping down from the north, has ridden a palfrey hard for Winterfell to treat with Stannis.

429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Character Name: Rodrik Ryswell
Titles: Lord of the Rills
Culture: Northman
Appearance:

Allegiance:
Profession: Lord, Battlefield Commander, Soldier
Religion: Old Gods
Other Notable Things: Lord Rodrik is married to Lady Jeyne (aged 56). They had five children: Bethany (deceased), Barbrey (38), Roger (deceased), Rickard (33), and Roose (deceased). His daughter Bethany married Roose Bolton. Their only child was Domeric Bolton, whom Ramsay Snow murdered. Bethany later died in childbirth. Barbrey married Lord Willam Dustin, who subsequently died at the Tower of Joy. Roger married Daena Glover (32). Their living children include Brandon Ryswell (16), Bethany Ryswell (15), Benjicot Ryswell (12), and Briony Ryswell (9). Rickard never married, preferring instead to engage in numerous dalliances across the Seven Kingdoms. His natural children of note include Rhea Snow (16), sired on the daughter of the stable-master, Rupert Snow (15), sired on the steward's daughter, Rhaenyra Sand (13), sired on a Dornish noblewoman, and Roderick Snow (10), sired on a daughter of House Dustin. Roose married a distant cousin named Rosellayn Ryswell. They had a single set of twins named Rory and Rowan (14).

Lord Rodrik, together with Barbrey, Rickard, Brandon, and Rory, are currently held captive by Stannis Baratheon. Roger and Roose were both killed in the Battle of Winter. The rest of the household has sought shelter at Barrowton, dispatching several ravens and Rhea Snow to entreat Stannis for mercy. Lord Rodrik, however, remains unremorseful and has resigned himself to die well.

429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Anyone else watched episode six of this season already?
Last edited by Lord of The Rings on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 am

Phew, long post. The Hightower family is grotesquely large and I wanted to give everyone at least a little screen time (thank god many of them are married women living with their husbands).

I hope what I did with the Florents was alright. Since Alekyne Florent is in Oldtown it didn't seem an unreasonable request, and besides I imagine its fairly unlikely that anyone will sign up for a house that has been unlanded.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Hellenope
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenope » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Phew, long post. The Hightower family is grotesquely large and I wanted to give everyone at least a little screen time (thank god many of them are married women living with their husbands).

I hope what I did with the Florents was alright. Since Alekyne Florent is in Oldtown it didn't seem an unreasonable request, and besides I imagine its fairly unlikely that anyone will sign up for a house that has been unlanded.

House Hightower is sending 1,500 men to attack Garlan Tyrell at Brightwater, under the command of Ser Cuy, Ser Uthor Hightower, Ser Otho, Ser Roland, and Ser Peremore -- with Leyton giving 300 men each?

How odd, but very well...
Useful Excerpts:
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Romans 15:13
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
  • Ephesians 4:32

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 am

Wait, you're telling me that in the middle of Euron's impending doom on Oldtown, they marched on Brightwater?
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Hellenope
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenope » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:Wait, you're telling me that in the middle of Euron's impending doom on Oldtown, they marched on Brightwater?

By the way, since the Greyjoy player hasn't responded to my TGs, nor posted IC or OOC, could we open the Greyjoys back up? Or maybe someone else could switch to them. Garlan's post will be about preparations to deal with Ironborn raiding up and down the Mander --- and it's silly to do that if the Ironborn aren't.... doing anything....
Last edited by Hellenope on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Useful Excerpts:

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 am

Hellenope wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Wait, you're telling me that in the middle of Euron's impending doom on Oldtown, they marched on Brightwater?

By the way, since the Greyjoy player hasn't responded to my TGs, nor posted IC or OOC, could we open the Greyjoys back up? Or maybe someone else could switch to them. Garlan's post will be about preparations to deal with Ironborn raiding up and down the Mander --- and it's silly to do that if the Ironborn aren't.... doing anything....

Ay, I've been waiting on their TG too.

Let this be known, Greyjoys are open again.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:29 am

Hellenope wrote:House Hightower is sending 1,500 men to attack Garlan Tyrell at Brightwater, under the command of Ser Cuy, Ser Uthor Hightower, Ser Otho, Ser Roland, and Ser Peremore -- with Leyton giving 300 men each?

No House Hightower is sending a small force to Brightwater Keep to aid the Florent garrison and convince the Tyrell forces to pardon House Florent.

Only a tenth of the defenders of Oldtown is marching north, there remains more than ten thousand soldiers and five thousand sailors in Oldtown. If those kinds of troops can't hold Oldtown I doubt the extra fifteen hundred would make much of a difference.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 am

Fair enough, Quendi.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Hellenope
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenope » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Hellenope wrote:House Hightower is sending 1,500 men to attack Garlan Tyrell at Brightwater, under the command of Ser Cuy, Ser Uthor Hightower, Ser Otho, Ser Roland, and Ser Peremore -- with Leyton giving 300 men each?

No House Hightower is sending a small force to Brightwater Keep to aid the Florent garrison and convince the Tyrell forces to pardon House Florent.

Brightwater Keep already fell; Garlan took it in the events of the prior RP. He's gathering forces there to prepare for a large-scale Ironborn raid up the Mander/a counter-attack on the Shield Islands.

Pardoning House Florent will be up to the Iron Throne, since it was by order of King Tommen that House Florent was stripped of their lands and they were granted to Garlan.

Edit: Working on a post responding to Tarly and another section from the perspective of Willas.
Last edited by Hellenope on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Useful Excerpts:

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:57 am

Hellenope wrote:Brightwater Keep already fell; Garlan took it in the events of the prior RP. He's gathering forces there to prepare for a large-scale Ironborn raid up the Mander/a counter-attack on the Shield Islands.

Pardoning House Florent will be up to the Iron Throne, since it was by order of King Tommen that House Florent was stripped of their lands and they were granted to Garlan.

Edit: Working on a post responding to Tarly and another section from the perspective of Willas.

Nowhere in the OP does it says that Brightwater Keep has fallen. I am assuming that if its not explicitly mentioned in the OP that something is different from the books then it isn't, and in the books Ser Colin Florent holds Brightwater Keep.
Nation RP name

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Hellenope wrote:Brightwater Keep already fell; Garlan took it in the events of the prior RP. He's gathering forces there to prepare for a large-scale Ironborn raid up the Mander/a counter-attack on the Shield Islands.

Nowhere in the OP does it says that Brightwater Keep has fallen. I am assuming that if its not explicitly mentioned in the OP that something is different from the books then it isn't, and in the books Ser Colin Florent holds Brightwater Keep.

I'm sorry, that's my fault. As of the last IC, Brightwater Keep fell when Colin Florent died defending it. The remnants of the garrison ceded it to Garlan Tyrell.

Apologies, Quendi.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Stjernland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stjernland » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am

Is my present application acceptable? Or would I need to try again?

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 am

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Faction: The Thalassocracy of the Ibben
Faction Type: Thalassocracy
Culture: Ibbenese
Leader/s: High Iblord Faggo Roth
Territory: The Ibbenese Islands and New Ibbish
Sovereign: High Iblord Faggo Roth
Coat of Arms: https://www.heraldsnet.org/saitou/parker/images/m616b.gif
Armed Forces: 5,000 soldiers Shadow Guard. Another 20,000 men are easily open for conscription. 2,000 sailors and raiders in the combined navies of the Shadow Council manning some 200 cogs, carracks, and the occasional large galley. There are numerous whaling ships, which are owned by civilian interests and can be impressed for transport but are absolute shite for combat.
Other Notable Things: Approximately 1,050,000 Ibbenese live under the rule of the Shadow Council

Character Name:Faggo Roth
Titles: (If any) High Iblord of Ibben, Shadow Councilor, Iblord of Ib Nor
Culture: Ibbenese
Appearance:
Allegiance: Ibben(God-King Resurgence Faction)
Profession: High Iblord
Religion: Traditional Ibbenese God-King Worship
Other Notable Things: Faggo Roth is the 28th Iblord of Ib Nor and the fifth High Iblord from outside of Ib. He is the son of Ueggo Roth, 27th Iblord of Ib Nor. He has two sons, Lotto Roth and Rothschild Reggu. Lotto Roth is an Ibix in the Shadow Guard(commander of 200) and Rothschild Reggu is the heir apparent. Faggo assumed the mantle of Iblord at the age of 25 following the death of this father to consumption. He ruled fairly and commanded a prosperous whaling fleet. When he was 39 he was elected as the High Iblord of the Shadow Council. Faggo desires to install himself as the God-King of Ibben and reclaim the traditional lands of Ib.
429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Accept me Lieeeeccc
I'm really tired

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:32 am

Should get a post up within the next few days.

Traitors beware, the Iron Throne demands blood.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Also besides the Iron Banks support of the Mannis, was there anything in the lore that implied Braavos supporting anyone.

Also just for the sake of asking:
Is H'Ghar the alchemist theory canon.
Is Aegon blackfyre?

Those two probably effect my story the most.

I'm not aware of the bank supporting anyone other than Stannis though a loan.

I'm not sure what thar Alchemist theory is.
For the sake of the rp, yes, I believe Aegon is a black dude but probably only Illyria and Varys know that at the moment.

I'm basically asking that if the Iron Bank is supporting Stannis, do I infer the city prefers him as king as well?
The Alchemist Theory:
it basically connects to the Old Town Story line:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ja ... r/Theories
https://warsandpoliticsoficeandfire.wor ... alchemist/
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comment ... mist_want/

It connects to this:
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/t ... cy-theory/

TL:DR: H'Ghar or another faceless man killed Pete in Old Town and has taken the form of a Maester,basically.

Faction:Free City of Braavos
Faction Type: Free City
Culture: Braavosi?
Leader:Sea Lord Ferrego Antaryon
Territory:

Sovereign: Sea lord of Braavos
Coat of Arms:Above
Armed Forces:15,000 men within the Army, 400 ships
Other Notable Things:Home of the Iron Bank, Water dancing, and the faceless men. Currently neutral, but due to the Iron Bank control over the city, they currently favor Stannis.
429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Character Name:Ferrego Antaryon
Titles: Sea-Lord of Braavos
Culture: Braavosi
Appearance:Here
Allegiance: Braavos
Profession: Appointed Dictator
Religion: Moonsingers
Other Notable Things: Antayron was born into a wealthy, and notable household, one that groomed him for power and prestige. The family which gained its wealth in fishing and agriculture, had made significant pushes within the inner politics of the city to allow for one of its own to be appointed as SeaLord for the past hundred years or so. When the previous Sea Lord died,inner factions within the private and public sector vied for their various interests. The Antaryon Family patriarch agreed to support the interests of a local engineering guild, in exchange for having his eldest son be appointed as Sea-lord. The agreemet was made and the local magistrates and judges were 'convinced' of this excellent choice.

This is a constant theme within Ferrego's life, he was smart but not smart enough. He was a pawn, a way too push varying interests into the forefront. Under his father, he remained a quiet yet successful pawn, and the same trend continued into his appointment. He chose wise advisors and councilors, and never particularly pushed for anything. The city continued on just as it always had. Now as an ailing man with a growing tumor in the kidney, he knows that his time is coming too an end. Now that he ever particularly cared about it.

I'll be making another character or hinting at another one as he dies. When he dies, I''ll produce the other character application.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 am

@Stjerland and North America Inc, you're both accepted.

@Inesea, let me give it some thought.

I apologise, I was busy yesterday.

In terms of the IB supporting Stannis, you might like to infer the city prefers him - given how he has agreed to take on the debt.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse