NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:I'm fine with this if you're fine with this, G-tech

*waves wand*

So may it be.

thanks!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 am

Okay, time to make the app

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 am

That wasn't a big post.

What does everyone think of my new post?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 am

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:
Just quoting this up so you see the feedback, Tunisia. Sorry that there is so much of it, but I want to make sure RP expectations are clear from the get-go so no bad habits get entrenched or grandfathered.

Oh yeah, I apologize for that one. Let just say that the Tribal Leader crowned him because of his long job as a Chief or appointed him as a Vassal.

Hm. That isn't really the best middle-ground; it still implies your character essentially is handed power for no reason other than being around, as compared to the normal line of chief succession which would pass to a prepared kindred heir.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 am

Revlona wrote:That wasn't a big post.

Not shabby! Two things, though.

1) Mounted warfare isn't really a thing in 2900 BCE. Horses are barely domesticated, and of recent enough introductory stock that the average horse probably can't carry a man in to battle, let alone a man in armor or bearing weapons. Additionally fighting from bareback is actually more of a liability than an advantage; the wielder of a weapon from horseback cannot put as much force behind their blows as a man on foot, nor do they have the reach of someone with their feet firmly planted. You'll need to innovate saddles/stirrups before mounted warriors become viable.

2) Ferrous metallurgy. Building a smeltery hot enough to work iron, and especially steel, is difficult. You usually need specially prepared charcoal combined with particularly built forges to hit that melting/softening point. Without that, crafters would be able to cold-work (e.g. bludgeon and deform) transport-standard ingots in to a cutting edge, but its capabilities probably aren't comparable to malleable Bronze due to a lack of recrystalization.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 am

Getting a response together for you G-tech :)
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 am

Kelmet wrote:Getting a response together for you G-tech :)

Smashing. Do you want to skip forward to dinner with the Hegemon and Emperor, or just kinda let the conversation flow?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:37 am

Revlona wrote:That was a big post.

Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 am

Revlona wrote:That wasn't a big post.

1) Mounted warfare isn't really a thing in 2900 BCE. Horses are barely domesticated, and of recent enough introductory stock that the average horse probably can't carry a man in to battle, let alone a man in armor or bearing weapons. Additionally fighting from bareback is actually more of a liability than an advantage; the wielder of a weapon from horseback cannot put as much force behind their blows as a man on foot, nor do they have the reach of someone with their feet firmly planted. You'll need to innovate saddles/stirrups before mounted warriors become viable.

2) Ferrous metallurgy. Building a smeltery hot enough to work iron, and especially steel, is difficult. You usually need specially prepared charcoal combined with particularly built forges to hit that melting/softening point. Without that, crafters would be able to cold-work (e.g. bludgeon and deform) transport-standard ingots in to a cutting edge, but its capabilities probably aren't comparable to malleable Bronze due to a lack of recrystalization.

gotta start somewhere lol
That's why the light calvalry got wiped out.

Now I gotta go through the rebuilding process.
Get a stronger military and maybe some allies
Last edited by Revlona on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:43 am

Revlona wrote:

Cool, cool, as long as you know the light cavalry probably lost more warriors than they caused casualties in the foe. Not to mention the loss of workhorses. There are good reasons mankind used chariots before he made the leap to horsemen.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 am

Kelmet wrote:Getting a response together for you G-tech :)

Smashing. Do you want to skip forward to dinner with the Hegemon and Emperor, or just kinda let the conversation flow?

We could flow a little bit, you could lead me to my room (I assume I have a guest room in the palace?)

Then when we are alone we could drop the pomp and you could call BS on me suddenly becoming christian.

If you'd like
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 am

Kelmet wrote:

We could flow a little bit, you could lead me to my room (I assume I have a guest room in the palace?)

Then when we are alone we could drop the pomp and you could call BS on me suddenly becoming christian.

If you'd like

Nah, Viktor wouldn't challenge a personal transformation. He is a bit of a cynic, but less so on matters of faith.

Edit: To clarify, any suspicion of political conversion won't be brought up, because ultimately the opportunity for souls to be saved via their leader's example weighs more heavily than any qualms about the validity of that conversion.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 am

Revlona wrote:

Cool, cool, as long as you know the light cavalry probably lost more warriors than they caused casualties in the foe. Not to mention the loss of workhorses. There are good reasons mankind used chariots before he made the leap to horsemen.

I get that.

I can't wait to get my Breton lancers, Plate mail calvalry with massive warhorses driving it o enemy formations in a V formation killing hundreds.

*shudders*
Lover of doggos

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 am

Kelmet wrote:We could flow a little bit, you could lead me to my room (I assume I have a guest room in the palace?)

If you'd like

Nah, Viktor wouldn't challenge a personal transformation. He is a bit of a cynic, but less so on matters of faith.

Still would be nice to drop the pomp and talk straight no?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 am

Full Name: Jeremy Chen
Appearance: Black hair, Han Chinese
Height and Weight: 6'2", 190 pounds
Religion: N/A
Field of Expertise: Shooting sports
Skills and Strengths: Strong, Loves to fight, Holds my alcohol, Straight shot, Languages, Accents
Weaknesses: Low stamina, Massive hubris
Where in the world are you landing?: The Imperium of Man (Can I bet at sea when I spawn in?)
RP Sample: I was sitting in a nice, comfortable chair, typing up an app when I felt a tingling fall from mind. At first I simply assumed it me getting a headache, before my vision started to quiver. Sounds were becoming distorted, the tingling was turning into something more, something painful. Standing up, stepping towards the medicine cabinet, intending to grab something for my head. At this point, swaying around like I was drunk, when my vision went black. Regaining consciousness, I heard the sound of gulls and the sea, and the smell of salt sprays washing across sandy beaches. The sun was hot on the back of my neck, and I could hear footsteps. I struggled to move, before hearing "Gde vse eto..." (Where is all the in Russian). A blindfold was applied to be, as well as being gagged and tied. The rough rope burned against my wrists, and the last thing I heard was "Nein! Er ist ein Jugend!" (No! He is a child in German).

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:18 am

Leninist South Africa wrote:Full Name: Jeremy Chen
Skills and Strengths: Strong, Loves to fight, Holds my alcohol, Straight shot, Languages, Accents
Where in the world are you landing?: The Imperium of Man (Can I bet at sea when I spawn in?)
RP Sample: I was sitting in a nice, comfortable chair, typing up an app when I felt a tingling fall from mind. At first I simply assumed it me getting a headache, before my vision started to quiver. Sounds were becoming distorted, the tingling was turning into something more, something painful. Standing up, stepping towards the medicine cabinet, intending to grab something for my head. At this point, swaying around like I was drunk, when my vision went black. Regaining consciousness, I heard the sound of gulls and the sea, and the smell of salt sprays washing across sandy beaches. The sun was hot on the back of my neck, and I could hear footsteps. I struggled to move, before hearing "Gde vse eto..." (Where is all the in Russian). A blindfold was applied to be, as well as being gagged and tied. The rough rope burned against my wrists, and the last thing I heard was "Nein! Er ist ein Jugend!" (No! He is a child in German).

This seems to be in order, though I should ask where you want your Author to land more exactly- saying you want to land in the Imperium is about as equally vague as saying you want to land in Europe.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 am

This seems to be in order, though I should ask where you want your Author to land more exactly- saying you want to land in the Imperium is about as equally vague as saying you want to land in Europe.

What would the Imperium want from Brittany for you to share with us the secrets of steel forging?
Lover of doggos

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:28 am

Somewhere on the border between The Imperium and the Rhone Kingdom (I don't have the geography for either.) If that's not possible, then Moscow or Petrograd/Leningrad/St. Petersburg

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 am

Revlona wrote:

What would the Imperium want from Brittany for you to share with us the secrets of steel forging?

Probably something along the lines of integration as a province.

Leninist South Africa wrote:

Somewhere on the border between The Imperium and the Rhone Kingdom (I don't have the geography for either.) If that's not possible, then Moscow or Petrograd/Leningrad/St. Petersburg

Alrighty, I can work with that. So southern Denmark would leave you in the Rhone Kingdom, while Moscow/St. Petersburg aren't lands held by any civilized country at present.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:34 am

Then my I please spawn in at St. Petersburg, start a kingdom there, and claim Moscow by going south?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:35 am

Revlona wrote:

Leninist South Africa wrote:Somewhere on the border between The Imperium and the Rhone Kingdom (I don't have the geography for either.) If that's not possible, then Moscow or Petrograd/Leningrad/St. Petersburg

Alrighty, I can work with that. So southern Denmark would leave you in the Rhone Kingdom, while Moscow/St. Petersburg aren't lands held by any civilized country at present.

I could actually see something like that.

Kinda like the Holy Roman Empire.

I stay king but am still under the emperor.

How's that sound?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:37 am

Leninist South Africa wrote:Then my I please spawn in at St. Petersburg, start a kingdom there, and claim Moscow by going south?

Sure, sounds like a plot. Your Author is accepted.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:38 am

Thank you G-Tech!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 am

Revlona wrote:

How's that sound?

Technically your ruler would be integrated as the Brightlord of Brittany, not a king, but that could be done, yes. Many pagan tribes are added to the Imperium in such a manner.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:42 am

Revlona wrote:

How's that sound?

Technically your ruler would be integrated as the Brightlord of Brittany, not a king, but that could be done, yes. Many pagan tribes are added to the Imperium in such a manner.

I'm actually liking this idea. I would be free to expand in the Imperiums name, under the Imperiums protection. And my military and kingdom would expand massively with Imperium aide.

I'm actually really liking this idea

But I would like to still be a king not a brightlord
Lover of doggos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse