NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am

Revlona wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Sometimes its nice to just sit back and enjoy that no one has plans for you.

Im at school.

Whats the picture?

A cat relaxing. With a caption
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Revlona wrote:Im at school.

Whats the picture?

A cat relaxing. With a caption

Thanks
Lover of doggos

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:58 am

So whats everybody's plans for the coming decade?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 am

Kelmet wrote:So whats everybody's plans for the coming decade?

Revolt for Italy liberation, and going to pick up allies
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:00 am

Form my kingdom then consolidate the rest of france.

I might look south to iberia.

I dont plan on war with the imperium but ill prepare for it in case it comes
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:00 am

Short-term goals for a long-term plan.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ted plans to not lose his sanity, and the thought of you imprisoning and killing him seems scary. I was actually considering not starting a revolt too, since when I think bout it all I need to be is a vassal who has control of the Mediterranean, but I am now concern for my chars life.

Retaining one's sanity in the face of immortality is likely going to be harder than Ted thinks. Eventually, all the people he knows and loves are going to grow old and die, while he simply remains. Attempting to imprison then execute immortals is simply good policy on the part of the Hegemon; they may be fine people, as individuals, but as figureheads and especially men with knowledge of the past potentially capable of challenging the Imperium's dominion are the most dire threats that the polity he is responsible for will ever face. To not address those threats is to potentially doom hundreds of thousands to death in the coming eras, deaths that will be on his head for his failure to act decisively, for his emotional weakness.

It is hard to deal with concerns of regular importance like friendship when one's actions decide the course of the lives of millions. That is the burden of the crown.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I've been considering it, but I need to give Italy more freedom, so that they'll be more independent. You know convert them to vassals. I beat there's a good number of people who still want independence, but I fear that the unity in inpendence isn't good enough. I do plan to meet in secret with various leaders, since I can't trust anybody in the imperium.

Mm, yes and no. Northern Italy has been under Imperial rule now for as long as it was ruled from Fenis, and the remnants of Fenis have divorced themselves from their old countrymen by becoming pirates that raid the coastlines of what was once Fenis. I wouldn't say you can't trust anyone in the Imperium- there are sure to be dissenters, grumblers, ambitious men who would like to overthrow the system and place themselves at the top. That's human nature.

Kelmet wrote:Sometimes its nice to just sit back and enjoy that no one has plans for you.

I would hesitate to say the Imperium has no plans for Norsca. A better description would be "plans that can wait". ;)

Consolidate control of the fertile lands of Russia, establish outposts around the Med, begin the switchover to electric power and continue expanding infrastructure. Maybe dabble in tributary states.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 am

Also, Rev, don't forget to address those concerns I raised about the size of your army/rate of expansion.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also, Rev, don't forget to address those concerns I raised about the size of your army/rate of expansion.

I addressed those issues.

check your TGs
Lover of doggos

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:03 am

I would hesitate to say the Imperium has no plans for Norsca. A better description would be "plans that can wait". ;)

Ill take what I can get. While I consolidate the Isles and leach of your tech.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:04 am

Kelmet wrote:

Do you specifically care about cornwall?
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:06 am

Kelmet wrote:

How much for Ireland and Wales?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ted plans to not lose his sanity, and the thought of you imprisoning and killing him seems scary. I was actually considering not starting a revolt too, since when I think bout it all I need to be is a vassal who has control of the Mediterranean, but I am now concern for my chars life.

Retaining one's sanity in the face of immortality is likely going to be harder than Ted thinks. Eventually, all the people he knows and loves are going to grow old and die, while he simply remains. Attempting to imprison then execute immortals is simply good policy on the part of the Hegemon; they may be fine people, as individuals, but as figureheads and especially men with knowledge of the past potentially capable of challenging the Imperium's dominion are the most dire threats that the polity he is responsible for will ever face. To not address those threats is to potentially doom hundreds of thousands to death in the coming eras, deaths that will be on his head for his failure to act decisively, for his emotional weakness.

It is hard to deal with concerns of regular importance like friendship when one's actions decide the course of the lives of millions. That is the burden of the crown.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I've been considering it, but I need to give Italy more freedom, so that they'll be more independent. You know convert them to vassals. I beat there's a good number of people who still want independence, but I fear that the unity in inpendence isn't good enough. I do plan to meet in secret with various leaders, since I can't trust anybody in the imperium.

Mm, yes and no. Northern Italy has been under Imperial rule now for as long as it was ruled from Fenis, and the remnants of Fenis have divorced themselves from their old countrymen by becoming pirates that raid the coastlines of what was once Fenis. I wouldn't say you can't trust anyone in the Imperium- there are sure to be dissenters, grumblers, ambitious men who would like to overthrow the system and place themselves at the top. That's human nature.

I know but I'm talking about my allies middle west Italy, but I'd imagine their numbers small, still bitter.

On the emotions part, Teds weakness is like a strong sense of morality if anything, he does believe in a just society, one by merit, and he expects the leader to follow justice, more than unity, and he believes in republics, but not democracy. He has a incredible tolerance (physical and mental). He must truly believe he is doing something right though. So like killing the Emperor isn't on his to do list, but seeing the issues with the government (like the death of their leader would cause a huge civil war over the throne), and lack of representation. Ted finds the government unsuitable for Italy.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am

With its historical tin and copper mines its just to much of a potentially wealthy province not to want.

Considering personal reasons and that Ireland+Wales is a huge chunk of the British isles quite a bit.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:34 am

Kelmet wrote:

With its historical tin and copper mines its just to much of a potentially wealthy province not to want.

Considering personal reasons and that Ireland+Wales is a huge chunk of the British isles quite a bit.

So thats a "yes you can have cornwall"? That's so thoughtful of you
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:37 am

Kelmet wrote:

I was wanting to have settlements that Ego can use for trading, resource gathering, and expanding naval supply routes but I'll give my fair share of taxes and such to you if that's what it takes

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 am

Revlona wrote:
Kelmet wrote:With its historical tin and copper mines its just to much of a potentially wealthy province not to want.

I like you Robert, you'll make a nice neighbor to the south, but keep out of Britain please :kiss:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

Kelmet wrote:
Revlona wrote:

I like you Robert, you'll make a nice neighbor to the south, but keep out of Britain please :kiss:

Keep out of france the lowlands and iberia and we have a deal.
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:43 am

Revlona wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I like you Robert, you'll make a nice neighbor to the south, but keep out of Britain please :kiss:

Yeah, got to make sure that its ripe for the invasion and bring up Native American Napoleon. :p

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

Ulls wrote:
Kelmet wrote:With its historical tin and copper mines its just to much of a potentially wealthy province not to want.

I was wanting to have settlements that Ego can use for trading, resource gathering, and expanding naval supply routes but I'll give my fair share of taxes and such to you if that's what it takes

Isn't Iceland close enough?

I'm sure we can come to an agreement (treaty) were you can use space in my ports for a free but settlements, I'm not so sure.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am

Ulls wrote:
Revlona wrote:Keep out of france the lowlands and iberia and we have a deal.

Yeah, got to make sure that its ripe for the invasion and bring up Native American Napoleon. :p

Native American......Napoleon

*brain overloads and shuts down*
Lover of doggos

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am

Revlona wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I like you Robert, you'll make a nice neighbor to the south, but keep out of Britain please :kiss:

Done, The British isles+the Faroe Islands is all I want.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 am

Kelmet wrote:
Revlona wrote:Keep out of france the lowlands and iberia and we have a deal.

Done, The British isles+the Faroe Islands is all I want.

The world is all want...I mean france...er yeah
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 am

Anyone posting soon?
Lover of doggos

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am

Kelmet wrote:
Ulls wrote:I was wanting to have settlements that Ego can use for trading, resource gathering, and expanding naval supply routes but I'll give my fair share of taxes and such to you if that's what it takes

Isn't Iceland close enough?

I'm sure we can come to an agreement (treaty) were you can use space in my ports for a free but settlements, I'm not so sure.

It is but until I make carracks, fluyets, or other ships that can carry me further and have more space than I will have to make use of short-distance ports.

However about the settlements, we could work with a tax of some sort or some kind of equivalency.

Like for example, I was going to try and bargain for an island or two of he Faoe to try and have a trading settlement off of Iceland.

Revlona wrote:
Ulls wrote:Yeah, got to make sure that its ripe for the invasion and bring up Native American Napoleon. :p

Native American......Napoleon

*brain overloads and shuts down*

The entire idea of a Sunset Invasion will make your brain have a system reset.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse