NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Do we appear in the place we're currently in?

Full Name: Daniel Kent
Appearance: Broad Shouldered, with short blond hair. Standing around 6'2, with a pointed nose and a sloping, though still somewhat angular jawline. Not muscular, and showing the beginnings of a portly figure. Warm, friendly features and large hands.
Height and Weight: 6'2, 85kg
Religion: Vaguely Theistic, with no set religious ideology.
Field of Expertise: No qualifications beyond A level, so I don't suppose there's anything that counts.
Skills and Strengths: Knowledgeable about Ancient and Classical history in the Near East, Europe and China, with a cursory understanding of the Eurasian steppe. Practised Hiker, extensively literate. Broad interest and knowledge of various miscellaneous topics. Moderately skilled swimmer. A level qualification in Sociology, History, Ancient History and English Literature.
Weaknesses: Not the fittest, Poor Runner, Dyspraxia with almost constantly shaking hands.
Where in the world are you landing?: If it's where I am now, the south of Oxfordshire, England, on the Thames. If not, I'd like to land in Cornwall, at the neolithic village of Carn Eunny
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=406182&start=25
Last edited by The Knights of Azorea on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:Do we appear in the place we're currently in?

I assume you can drop wherever you want
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am

The United Artherian Federation wrote:Full Name: Andrew David Welch
Appearance: (Description or Picture)
Height and Weight: 6'4, 156 LBS.
Religion: Christianity
Field of Expertise: (Optional- Please only fill out if you, IRL, are extremely knowledgeable about the area. Working with limitations and strengths of you in reality is part of the purpose of this RP. Most writers will leave this blank.)
Skills and Strengths: Went through BSA, super strong, very good hunter and architect.
Weaknesses: Has Chrons, can only eat certain things, not a very fast runner.
Where in the world are you landing?: In ancient Illinois, Chicago Illinois area.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=416496&hilit=Doyasi

I would like a description, if you don't mind :)

Appearance: Broad Shouldered, with short blond hair. Standing around 6'2, with a pointed nose and a sloping, though still somewhat angular jawline. Not muscular, and showing the beginnings of a portly figure. Warm, friendly features and large hands.
Field of Expertise: No qualifications beyond A level, so I don't suppose there's anything that counts.
Skills and Strengths: Knowledgeable about Ancient and Classical history in the Near East, Europe and China, with a cursory understanding of the Eurasian steppe. Practised Hiker, extensively literate. Broad interest and knowledge of various miscellaneous topics. Moderately skilled swimmer. A level qualification in Sociology, History, Ancient History and English Literature.
Weaknesses: Not the fittest, Poor Runner, Dyspraxia with almost constantly shaking hands.
Where in the world are you landing?: If it's where I am now, the south of Oxfordshire, England, on the Thames. If not, I'd like to land in Cornwall, at the neolithic village of Carn Eunny

You can drop wherever you like- I'm not fussed about that.

In which case, Cornwall it is. Welcome aboard Az.

I'll look in to putting together the IC in a few hours.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:39 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:Full Name: Andrew David Welch
Appearance: (Description or Picture)
Field of Expertise: (Optional- Please only fill out if you, IRL, are extremely knowledgeable about the area. Working with limitations and strengths of you in reality is part of the purpose of this RP. Most writers will leave this blank.)
Skills and Strengths: Went through BSA, super strong, very good hunter and architect.
Where in the world are you landing?: In ancient Illinois, Chicago Illinois area.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=416496&hilit=Doyasi

Description?
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:44 am

The United Artherian Federation wrote:

Description?

He means describe what your Author looks like.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 am

Full name: Everett Sheen
Appearance: The ever odd combination of red hair and brown eyes, no freckles and fair if not tanned skin. Years without a razor has allowed him to develop a full beard.

Height and weight: 6'3" 150 lb.
Religion: Catholic
Field of Expertise: Biochemistry is what he studies, but he's always had an affinity for most natural sciences.
Skills and strengths:
Devoted Hunter/Northwoods learnin' ~ experience with common civilian weapons available and knowledge on how to set most types of traps, as well as where to set baits and traps for greatest effect. He is also familiar with the ways of the woods. And then there is everything his family has taught him. Unfortunately, he's quit a ways out from his home territory, so we'll see how he actually does.
Green Thumb ~ Combining his biology experience, his farm work, and his "Uncles" teachings, he can identify or grow most plants, especially plants native to Northwoods Wisconsin.
Quick Learner ~ He can pick something up fluidly, usually without missing a beat, after seeing it done only a few times.
Glassworking ~ Years of working and crafting in the glassworks of the Bangkok tribe has allowed him to develop his own unique techniques.
Sailing ~ The Gulf of Thailand has gotten much smaller since he's gotten there.
(He can ride horseback as well, don't know if this is much of an advantage, though.)
Weaknesses:
Sharing and Caring ~ Ever met someone who couldn't stand to see you torture a frog or snake? Yeah that's Everett. He'll go out of his way to save someone or something, even something or someone that is trying to kill him. He'll also share his resources with someone, often for very little compensation.
Half Blind ~ He is farsighted and needs his glasses to see anything more than three feet from his nose.
Land Lubber ~ His doggy-paddling is terrible and its a good thing he can hold his breath for a while, because he'd have greater success walking across the bottom than trying to swim.
Displaced Citizen ~ Everett has never been to Bangkok before today and is very much out of his league.

Where in the world are you landing?: Bangkok, Thailand
Would you like to be Co-op?: Nah, I'm good.
Sample: Here and Here
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 am

Ulls wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:Description?

He means describe what your Author looks like.

Oh, derp. Thought I did. I'll give it some more meaty stuff though.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:52 am

Ulls wrote:He means describe what your Author looks like.

Oh, derp. Thought I did. I'll give it some more meaty stuff though.

I'll be looking forward with you, especially since your directly south of me and I trade and raid around Lake Michigan.

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 am

Ulls wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:Oh, derp. Thought I did. I'll give it some more meaty stuff though.

I'll be looking forward with you, especially since your directly south of me and I trade and raid around Lake Michigan.

Here you go next app.
Full Name: Andrew David Welch
Appearance: [spoiler=pic]Image
(Description or Picture)
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=416496&hilit=Doyasi [/spoiler]

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:21 am

Ohh, just to make sure all the new Authors know, you start naked and don't know how you ended up in the past, let alone that your in it.

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:22 am

Ulls wrote:Ohh, just to make sure all the new Authors know, you start naked and don't know how you ended up in the past, let alone that your in it.

Oh fuck.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 am

Ulls wrote:Ohh, just to make sure all the new Authors know, you start naked and don't know how you ended up in the past, let alone that your in it.

Oh fuck.

We have to go through with it. Though in your case, I may be able to help you start up your civ, doubly so that I'm building longships to try and sail to the Old World for resources.

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:26 am

Ulls wrote:
The United Artherian Federation wrote:Oh fuck.

We have to go through with it. Though in your case, I may be able to help you start up your civ, doubly so that I'm building longships to try and sail to the Old World for resources.

Ok!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:01 am

Ach, Arther, happily accepted. You'll be on the Roster once I get around to updating it.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Achasic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Achasic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Full Name: Aidan Kilpatrick
Appearance: Caucasian (Northern European), blue eyed, brown haired, Male. Broad shoulders, looks strong, but not really that strong. Can't really grow a proper beard.
Height and Weight: Height: 188cm/6'2. Weight: 95kg/209
Religion: Atheist
Field of Expertise: Almost done with a Bachelor degree in Internationl Politics, Economics, European History, and Political science (Yes, this is an actual degree I'm doing....)
Skills and Strengths: Good leader. Good at relating to others. Calm during panic. Rational approach to most. I'm a Political Realist (believes in power over law). Well read.
Weaknesses: Far from a handy man, yet can build basic wood constructions. Afraid of heights. Stammers from time to time. Nervous before large groups of people. Not very good at planning ahead.
Where in the world are you landing?: Inverness, Scotland.
RP Sample:
The Royal Palace, Copenhagen. Summer, 1471.

One late summer night, in the Throne room only two men were talking. No royal guards, only King Christian I and Grand General Scheel.

"What is it with these Catholics? They so desperately desire war with us Protestants. They go out of their way to go against our God. Riots they call it... Hmpff.... This is an open rebellion in my own Kingdom." King Christian I reaches for his cup of wine, takes a sip and looks Grand General Scheel up and down.

"Say, General.... Why are you not in Jutland fighting those murderous Catholics?"

General Scheel firmly replies back "Your Grace, I made a judgement call - to send in the Royal army would be to start a rebellion and-.."

The General was cut short by the King.

"To Start?... To start... Tell me, General Scheel, should I get someone more competent for the rank of Grand General over the Royal Danish Army? Or will you come to your senses? The rioters started this, and there should be no reason to hold back now. We need to stop these murderers and traitors behind it spreads too far..... I've sent my Son, Crown Prince John to take care of it".

The Grand General looked surprised, yet uneasy - as he first now heard of this change in tactics.
"But your Grace. I-.... I think he should be here in the palace. At least for tonight, maybe he's needed?"

"Tonight? What? What on Earth do you mean, General Scheel?"

"Well...." Said the General. "I... I just don't think it would be the right thing to do, to send your Crown Prince to Jutland to fight the Catholics. He should remain here with you".

The King got up from his Throne. He walked down the stairs and right past General Scheel. He was heading for the window. He stopped, and while staring out the window he continued to talk to the Grand General.

"You see, Grand General... My son, your Crown Prince, is still admired by the Catholics... For he never truly chose the Protestant faith unlike his brother Valdemar. The people knows this - they know that Crown Prince John is a Catholic. My hopes are that once they see him representing both the Catholic faith but also the Royal House, they will cease their riots.... If not, and the violence escalates, my son will simply advance the troops and end the riots with force."

The King turned around to look at him. Grand General Scheel stood in his finest armour, as if ready for battle. The shiny chest plate with the red band across from left shoulder to right hip, was the contrast to the shiny metal. His sword, a fine sword gifted by the King himself as a gift to show that loyalty is indeed favoured and rewarded. The General looked the king in the eyes for a second.

Then something outside the window caught his eye. A single torch in the darkness outside. It was waving back and forth as if to greet someone... Or to signal something.

The King caught the General's look at turned around to look out the window.

"What is that?... Why would someone be waving a torch at this hou-...." The King fell silent for a second. He turned around to the General.

"Grand General, you must-...". The King exhaled sharply as he looked into the eyes of the Grand General, who now stood only a foot from his Royal Highness.

"Y-You... What?"

The blood dripped out from where the dagger sat in the King's chest, just above the heart. The King looked down, then quickly up.

"You were loyal... How?"

The lack of Royal Guards in the Throne room suddenly seemed very convenient.

Grand General Scheel looked the King in his eyes.

"You just had to convert... Didn't you? You were good, you were fair and just.... But you betrayed our true faith, and our true God. And you must die for that..... And soon your sons will too."

The King tried to grab the General's arm, but he moved it out of the way in the last second. The King fell over and hit the floor with a loud bang that echoed in the Throne room.

The Grand General took a bundle of paper and set it on fire with the small lit candles on one of the nearby tables. He walked over to the window and waved it back and forth, just as had been done from the other end seconds before.

The King has fallen.
Hello there. Fancy looking at my signature, eh?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Achasic wrote:Full Name: Aidan Kilpatrick
Appearance: Caucasian (Northern European), blue eyed, brown haired, Male. Broad shoulders, looks strong, but not really that strong. Can't really grow a proper beard.
Height and Weight: Height: 188cm/6'2. Weight: 95kg/209
Religion: Atheist
Field of Expertise: Almost done with a Bachelor degree in Internationl Politics, Economics, European History, and Political science (Yes, this is an actual degree I'm doing....)
Skills and Strengths: Good leader. Good at relating to others. Calm during panic. Rational approach to most. I'm a Political Realist (believes in power over law). Well read.
Weaknesses: Far from a handy man, yet can build basic wood constructions. Afraid of heights. Stammers from time to time. Nervous before large groups of people. Not very good at planning ahead.
Where in the world are you landing?: Inverness, Scotland.
RP Sample:
The Royal Palace, Copenhagen. Summer, 1471.

One late summer night, in the Throne room only two men were talking. No royal guards, only King Christian I and Grand General Scheel.

"What is it with these Catholics? They so desperately desire war with us Protestants. They go out of their way to go against our God. Riots they call it... Hmpff.... This is an open rebellion in my own Kingdom." King Christian I reaches for his cup of wine, takes a sip and looks Grand General Scheel up and down.

"Say, General.... Why are you not in Jutland fighting those murderous Catholics?"

General Scheel firmly replies back "Your Grace, I made a judgement call - to send in the Royal army would be to start a rebellion and-.."

The General was cut short by the King.

"To Start?... To start... Tell me, General Scheel, should I get someone more competent for the rank of Grand General over the Royal Danish Army? Or will you come to your senses? The rioters started this, and there should be no reason to hold back now. We need to stop these murderers and traitors behind it spreads too far..... I've sent my Son, Crown Prince John to take care of it".

The Grand General looked surprised, yet uneasy - as he first now heard of this change in tactics.
"But your Grace. I-.... I think he should be here in the palace. At least for tonight, maybe he's needed?"

"Tonight? What? What on Earth do you mean, General Scheel?"

"Well...." Said the General. "I... I just don't think it would be the right thing to do, to send your Crown Prince to Jutland to fight the Catholics. He should remain here with you".

The King got up from his Throne. He walked down the stairs and right past General Scheel. He was heading for the window. He stopped, and while staring out the window he continued to talk to the Grand General.

"You see, Grand General... My son, your Crown Prince, is still admired by the Catholics... For he never truly chose the Protestant faith unlike his brother Valdemar. The people knows this - they know that Crown Prince John is a Catholic. My hopes are that once they see him representing both the Catholic faith but also the Royal House, they will cease their riots.... If not, and the violence escalates, my son will simply advance the troops and end the riots with force."

The King turned around to look at him. Grand General Scheel stood in his finest armour, as if ready for battle. The shiny chest plate with the red band across from left shoulder to right hip, was the contrast to the shiny metal. His sword, a fine sword gifted by the King himself as a gift to show that loyalty is indeed favoured and rewarded. The General looked the king in the eyes for a second.

Then something outside the window caught his eye. A single torch in the darkness outside. It was waving back and forth as if to greet someone... Or to signal something.

The King caught the General's look at turned around to look out the window.

"What is that?... Why would someone be waving a torch at this hou-...." The King fell silent for a second. He turned around to the General.

"Grand General, you must-...". The King exhaled sharply as he looked into the eyes of the Grand General, who now stood only a foot from his Royal Highness.

"Y-You... What?"

The blood dripped out from where the dagger sat in the King's chest, just above the heart. The King looked down, then quickly up.

"You were loyal... How?"

The lack of Royal Guards in the Throne room suddenly seemed very convenient.

Grand General Scheel looked the King in his eyes.

"You just had to convert... Didn't you? You were good, you were fair and just.... But you betrayed our true faith, and our true God. And you must die for that..... And soon your sons will too."

The King tried to grab the General's arm, but he moved it out of the way in the last second. The King fell over and hit the floor with a loud bang that echoed in the Throne room.

The Grand General took a bundle of paper and set it on fire with the small lit candles on one of the nearby tables. He walked over to the window and waved it back and forth, just as had been done from the other end seconds before.

The King has fallen.

Hmm. That's a real bastard of a degree, but hey, your call. Accepted.

And the IC is up in the OP, feel free to start posting folks.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:17 am

This seems really cool, I'll consider making an app, only question is this,

Are all these factions former player led ones from an older version of this RP? Sorry if this question is dumb.
Last edited by Deramen on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 am

Interesting.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:04 am

Deramen wrote:This seems really cool, I'll consider making an app, only question is this,

Are all these factions former player led ones from an older version of this RP? Sorry if this question is dumb.

All but two are controlled by players of the last iterations.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:35 am

Deramen wrote:This seems really cool, I'll consider making an app, only question is this,

Sort of- all the factions are in some way related to the first incarnation of this RP and the changes the Authors have wrought upon prehistory. They won't all have active RPers though; Holy Scythia, for instance, is well inactive. But I believe in persistent world-building, so it remains.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Ulls wrote:

All but two are controlled by players of the last iterations.

Sort of- all the factions are in some way related to the first incarnation of this RP and the changes the Authors have wrought upon prehistory. They won't all have active RPers though; Holy Scythia, for instance, is well inactive. But I believe in persistent world-building, so it remains.

Ahh, thanks guys!
Last edited by Deramen on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Going to try and get the first post up by tomorrow.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Ulls wrote:Going to try and get the first post up by tomorrow.

Smashing.

I notice nobody else has posted :P

I'll have the roster updated in a jiff, and then my own opening post up.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:32 pm

And there we go, that's my post. Viktor is moving to integrate the Kingdom of Rhone in to the Imperium, a dagger aimed at the heart of Norscan Denmark :lol:

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:And there we go, that's my post. Viktor is moving to integrate the Kingdom of Rhone in to the Imperium, a dagger aimed at the heart of Norscan Denmark :lol:

When Ego comes to Europe, would they view Ego so foreign that they wouldn't accept some help? Not that I can do much with the tech difference and the smallpox.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse