NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 am

Is it alright if I timeskip a few months?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:10 am

Ulls wrote:Is it alright if I timeskip a few months?

*shrugs*
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Investigating Ted's past?

Indeed. His performance on the expedition will likely earn him a recommendation for promotion (won't lead to an immediate promotion, but when they accrue they tend to hold weight), but no man is appointed a Lord-Commander without being thoroughly vetted by the Greycloaks and indeed the Emperor himself. Reports from Dalmans of his amazing skill with languages won't jive with him officially becoming an Imperial citizen in Italy, a region with no means of visiting Egypt or Cyprus, and someone might notice that he was a young man when he joined the Imperium and... remains a young man now.

Ulls wrote:And weaken it for the Imperium? I already have to deal with Turner.

I'm still around, my work just did a 180.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Ego would probably be weakened because I wouldn't be able to plot her future as well as you, but I wouldn't deliberately use an OOC ability to effect IC actions in favor of my IC character.

Yatzatz wrote:OK, I have posted my first post on the IC.

Das gut. I look forward to the tribesmen learning geometry.

Sure, a few months once or twice is fine. Ted's Author is near the end of 74 AG, after all.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:58 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Investigating Ted's past?

Indeed. His performance on the expedition will likely earn him a recommendation for promotion (won't lead to an immediate promotion, but when they accrue they tend to hold weight), but no man is appointed a Lord-Commander without being thoroughly vetted by the Greycloaks and indeed the Emperor himself. Reports from Dalmans of his amazing skill with languages won't jive with him officially becoming an Imperial citizen in Italy, a region with no means of visiting Egypt or Cyprus, and someone might notice that he was a young man when he joined the Imperium and... remains a young man now.

Ulls wrote:And weaken it for the Imperium? I already have to deal with Turner.

I'm still around, my work just did a 180.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Ego would probably be weakened because I wouldn't be able to plot her future as well as you, but I wouldn't deliberately use an OOC ability to effect IC actions in favor of my IC character.

Yatzatz wrote:OK, I have posted my first post on the IC.

Das gut. I look forward to the tribesmen learning geometry.

Sure, a few months once or twice is fine. Ted's Author is near the end of 74 AG, after all.

Nah, I'm in the 75s cause the expedition takes a long time.

But on the young man thing... I guess that makes sense, since reasons, but I want to do something that'd cements my loyalty before hand. Like saving the emprah or something.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Alright, time to start digging for iron, saying hi to Olog, and experiment with gunpowder.

Oh and Orson, another way for you to get power is to let the naval school study your glasses to understand how to make astronomer tools.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Ulls wrote:Alright, time to start digging for iron, saying hi to Olog, and experiment with gunpowder.

Oh and Orson, another way for you to get power is to let the naval school study your glasses to understand how to make astronomer tools.

...Are you back now, or still leaving?

And how long is it going to take for them to study my glasses? It could be dangerous if Turner went without them for too long.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:06 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Nah, I'm in the 75s cause the expedition takes a long time.

But on the young man thing... I guess that makes sense, since reasons, but I want to do something that'd cements my loyalty before hand. Like saving the emprah or something.

Ah, yes, I forgetted. 75.

Hum. I've had a think, and I'm not entirely sure what you're aiming for would be possible. Even if the Emperor or the Hegemon were personally indebted to Ted, there's still that matter of 'responsibility for the fate of future generations' that I think has been a common thread throughout my RPing, a concept of which Viktor is keenly aware, and has passed on to his grandson. Essentially, even if the Hegemon likes and trusts Ted, it still might be necessary to either curtail his movements (think luxurious prison, but definitely prison) or wash his hands of the affair by sending Ted far away from the Imperium and hoping the vagaries of fate solve the problem that Viktor doesn't want to personally have on his conscience. It is like the case of Connor Monroe, Kelmet's character. ICly, the Hegemon is fond of him, being the first and so far only other man out of time that Viktor has met, and sharing similar viewpoints. They would have been friends, under different circumstances, and manage to remain on good terms because Connor's status as an immortal is well-hidden from the world, and because to be not on good terms would lead to a war which the Hegemon does not wish to bear the responsibility for. It is the hope of Viktor and Vladimir that one day fortune will not favor Connor, be it in battle, by plague, or simply court intrigue, and thus he will pass naturally on to the afterlife, solving the problem of his immortality without any action on the part of the Imperum.

Does that make sense? Even if Ted saved the Hegemon's life, Ted would probably be sent with a ship to, say, South America, or spend the rest of his eternal existence locked away in a prison in the remote parts of the Imperium. To do otherwise would be to risk the breakup of the Imperium and the deaths of millions, as well as destroy what Viktor has been working for in terms of human unity and enlightenment.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Ulls wrote:Alright, time to start digging for iron, saying hi to Olog, and experiment with gunpowder.

And how long is it going to take for them to study my glasses? It could be dangerous if Turner went without them for too long.

I'm back now. And not yet on the glasses but soon as it would be an on and off thing to not harm you.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

Without glasses he won't see the knife coming for him in the dark ;)

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Nah, I'm in the 75s cause the expedition takes a long time.

Hum. I've had a think, and I'm not entirely sure what you're aiming for would be possible. Even if the Emperor or the Hegemon were personally indebted to Ted, there's still that matter of 'responsibility for the fate of future generations' that I think has been a common thread throughout my RPing, a concept of which Viktor is keenly aware, and has passed on to his grandson. Essentially, even if the Hegemon likes and trusts Ted, it still might be necessary to either curtail his movements (think luxurious prison, but definitely prison) or wash his hands of the affair by sending Ted far away from the Imperium and hoping the vagaries of fate solve the problem that Viktor doesn't want to personally have on his conscience. It is like the case of Connor Monroe, Kelmet's character. ICly, the Hegemon is fond of him, being the first and so far only other man out of time that Viktor has met, and sharing similar viewpoints. They would have been friends, under different circumstances, and manage to remain on good terms because Connor's status as an immortal is well-hidden from the world, and because to be not on good terms would lead to a war which the Hegemon does not wish to bear the responsibility for. It is the hope of Viktor and Vladimir that one day fortune will not favor Connor, be it in battle, by plague, or simply court intrigue, and thus he will pass naturally on to the afterlife, solving the problem of his immortality without any action on the part of the Imperum.

Does that make sense? Even if Ted saved the Hegemon's life, Ted would probably be sent with a ship to, say, South America, or spend the rest of his eternal existence locked away in a prison in the remote parts of the Imperium. To do otherwise would be to risk the breakup of the Imperium and the deaths of millions, as well as destroy what Viktor has been working for in terms of human unity and enlightenment.

*shrug*
If your worried about your nation I can understand. My chars potentially dangerous. So why don't you keep me with exploration for the Imperium? Keeps me out of politics and your empire safe. Heck, my char has been wanting to go home (Texas) for awhile now.

As I said though, I may be a idealist, but doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to plot against you. Several reforms you can do like, make a state or region where immortals have rights, but can't enter politics, or don't kill immortals, etc.

I think my stance in this RP is to establish the immortal council. A council that meets to discuss how humanity is going to develop.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

*shrug*
If your worried about your nation I can understand. My chars potentially dangerous. So why don't you keep me with exploration for the Imperium? Keeps me out of politics and your empire safe. Heck, my char has been wanting to go home (Texas) for awhile now.

As I said though, I may be a idealist, but doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to plot against you. Several reforms you can do like, make a state or region where immortals have rights, but can't enter politics, or don't kill immortals, etc.

I think my stance in this RP is to establish the immortal council. A council that meets to discuss how humanity is going to develop.

Aye, more or less. Worried about her people more than her existence as a nebulous entity- if the Imperium falls to warlordism and factionalism, if the outlying regions stop having safe trade routes to supply grain and food to the cities... yes, thousands will die, if not hundreds of thousands. Given that the Imperium is built in part on the bedrock that Viktor is the chosen leader of man in the past, any threat to that concept must be taken deadly seriously.

It would be easiest to give Ted a ship, let him gather idealistic followers like himself, and send him off to colonize somewhere in the name of the Emperor. Viktor would hope for failure, but that's just the bloody calculus of the thing.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:*shrug*

Aye, more or less. Worried about her people more than her existence as a nebulous entity- if the Imperium falls to warlordism and factionalism, if the outlying regions stop having safe trade routes to supply grain and food to the cities... yes, thousands will die, if not hundreds of thousands. Given that the Imperium is built in part on the bedrock that Viktor is the chosen leader of man in the past, any threat to that concept must be taken deadly seriously.

It would be easiest to give Ted a ship, let him gather idealistic followers like himself, and send him off to colonize somewhere in the name of the Emperor. Viktor would hope for failure, but that's just the bloody calculus of the thing.

Well, I do enjoy exploring, but if you want to kick me out of the Imperium. I'm fine. I'll start a state that'll be small and be more diplomacy oriented. I don't wanna start civil wars. Maybe we can be pals, but I'm outside the Imperium. I'd be more than happy to say take any immortals off your hand.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Very well, this sounds fair.

And I was replying to the post you deleted. To answer that question...not necessarily. Turner wants something much more satisfying.

Additional details will be revealed as the IC advances.

That's my point. You gonna call yourself, "protector of the realm" like Richard, Duke of York?

I can already see it now...

"All hail his holiness Turner Jackson the Patient Crow, First of His Name, Lord Protector of Ego, Hegemon of All Tribes, and the One and True God."

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:
That's my point. You gonna call yourself, "protector of the realm" like Richard, Duke of York?

I can already see it now...

"All hail his holiness Turner Jackson the Patient Crow, First of His Name, Lord Protector of Ego, Hegemon of All Tribes, and the One and True God."

Don't let it go to your head, Richard never got a crown for his head, but a pike. His head was mounted much like the character who represents him in game of thrones.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm

I can't wait Air to crack some skulls with Roberts hammer

Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Well, I do enjoy exploring, but if you want to kick me out of the Imperium. I'm fine. I'll start a state that'll be small and be more diplomacy oriented. I don't wanna start civil wars. Maybe we can be pals, but I'm outside the Imperium. I'd be more than happy to say take any immortals off your hand.

Well, objectively, Viktor doesn't want to kick Ted out of the Imperium. ICly, bumping off immortals is good for business. Of course, though, if Ted takes what he knows of the Imperium and goes over to start his own country, as long as he doesn't openly declare himself as ageless, he won't be an immediate target.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Well, I do enjoy exploring, but if you want to kick me out of the Imperium. I'm fine. I'll start a state that'll be small and be more diplomacy oriented. I don't wanna start civil wars. Maybe we can be pals, but I'm outside the Imperium. I'd be more than happy to say take any immortals off your hand.

Well, objectively, Viktor doesn't want to kick Ted out of the Imperium. ICly, bumping off immortals is good for business. Of course, though, if Ted takes what he knows of the Imperium and goes over to start his own country, as long as he doesn't openly declare himself as ageless, he won't be an immediate target.

I was actually hoping to make my character a supposedly appointed person by the leader to be the "voice of _____", who'll traditionally wear a mask, and be covered a lot. I want to establish myself as the diplomat for my civ.

I know you don't want to kick me out, but Empire first right? Anyway, preferably you kick me out, but can you leave me with my equipment? It'll make traveling easier.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I was actually hoping to make my character a supposedly appointed person by the leader to be the "voice of _____", who'll traditionally wear a mask, and be covered a lot. I want to establish myself as the diplomat for my civ.

I know you don't want to kick me out, but Empire first right? Anyway, preferably you kick me out, but can you leave me with my equipment? It'll make traveling easier.

Hmm, not a bad thought. Not necessarily needful to think out immediately- just something to keep in mind as Ted ages.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Out of curiosity Ulls, where does Ego source her sulfur and saltpeter?

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Out of curiosity Ulls, where does Ego source her sulfur and saltpeter?

If you correctly do it, you can get saltpeter from bat guano or urine in general, IIRC. Sulfur is the problem...
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Out of curiosity Ulls, where does Ego source her sulfur and saltpeter?

If you correctly do it, you can get saltpeter from bat guano or urine in general, IIRC. Sulfur is the problem...

I think the trouble with saltpeter is quantities needed for any notable production. OTTL European powers relied on special collection rooms under stables- that's the method the Imperium generates much of her stocks from, alongside plasma arc conductance and niter mining/guano, but Ego lacks livestock for that purpose.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:11 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:If you correctly do it, you can get saltpeter from bat guano or urine in general, IIRC. Sulfur is the problem...

I think the trouble with saltpeter is quantities needed for any notable production. OTTL European powers relied on special collection rooms under stables- that's the method the Imperium generates much of her stocks from, alongside plasma arc conductance and niter mining/guano, but Ego lacks livestock for that purpose.

Potentially if you had everyone in Ego pissing into collection buckets... it could maybe be done
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:

Potentially if you had everyone in Ego pissing into collection buckets... it could maybe be done

That would be very amusing.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:Potentially if you had everyone in Ego pissing into collection buckets... it could maybe be done

That would be very amusing.

And very, very, very hard to organize on such a large scale. Like, I might be able to pull it off in my smallish settlement, or at least get most of the people doing it, but my guy is more concerned with getting iron. I still need to post. Hopefully I'll have one tomorrow...

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Most will be in the Canadian regions of Ego. Though they will be in of very low amount until I can process sufride minerals. Saltpeter would be closer in the western border of Ego, going towards Manitoba.

The quality is small, too small for anything massive and even if I do make firearms in 50 years, unless I make it to Europe, then it would be too expensive to manufacture.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse