NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ulls wrote:Was thinking of sharing the management between two of the Five Councils. One that would handle the administration and distribution of food while the one that handles research will try to improve food via research into fertilizer and better farming techniques. Picking the best farmers in the nation to give their input for the general farming use.

Which they will, there will be protests, people breaking away from Ego and revolts over the years of slow reform. I was going to try my hand at weaving a theocracy while going through the chaos.

You should consider that you'll lack allies and might be overthrown. In my opinion, the result should be that you get overthrown but disappear, but return after no one recognizes you. This is ideal, because the you can take control WITH a clean slate, but it's your nation

That can be a plan B.

Plan A is the slow and steady idea, I'll have Jeb and the Council slowly implement the reforms, resource supplements, and other advise from the people with Turner acting as Jeb's divine agent of change. It can work with the people as Jeb will start to embrace and perhaps change the government in a divinity with a Mandate and then disappear or try to convince the people that the Night Owl ascended and Jeb was an avatar or something.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:51 pm

When will the Imperium come to Russia?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:When will the Imperium come to Russia?

A long long time. The more you develop though the more danger your in... I can tell you that. Since he has absorbed pretty much every neighbor.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Ulls wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:You should consider that you'll lack allies and might be overthrown. In my opinion, the result should be that you get overthrown but disappear, but return after no one recognizes you. This is ideal, because the you can take control WITH a clean slate, but it's your nation

That can be a plan B.

Plan A is the slow and steady idea, I'll have Jeb and the Council slowly implement the reforms, resource supplements, and other advise from the people with Turner acting as Jeb's divine agent of change. It can work with the people as Jeb will start to embrace and perhaps change the government in a divinity with a Mandate and then disappear or try to convince the people that the Night Owl ascended and Jeb was an avatar or something.

What powers will Turner have exactly?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:00 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Ulls wrote:That can be a plan B.

What powers will Turner have exactly?

You will be known as the avatar of the Patient Crow, one of the five known gods of Ego( though there are secretly six) and tasked with helping Ego become united and Night Owl ascend into true divinity by absorbing the other five. You will be the agent of Jeb and the council, given missions to know the problems with the people, tribes, and other domestic problems and weigh in your advise to the Council. Council will then agree or disagree and will give you the task to deliver the action in larger problems, in smaller ones, you will be given the tasks to handle things personally in the name of the Night Owl.

Should you fail or found out conspiring, then your life is forfeit at worst. The questions I'm giving you are the three main tests that will see if this job is for Turner or confirm Jeb's fear and will be sentence to death.
Last edited by Ulls on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

A long long time. The more you develop though the more danger your in... I can tell you that. Since he has absorbed pretty much every neighbor.

I just shat a brick.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:A long long time. The more you develop though the more danger your in... I can tell you that. Since he has absorbed pretty much every neighbor.

I just shat a brick.

Come to Alaska, Ego is friend against the Imperium...

If my plan goes well and I ain't overthrown by Turner or someone else.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Try to hold, I'll try. I might also bring guns.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:Try to hold, I'll try. I might also bring guns.

Takes fifty years to make them.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Fair enough.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Ulls wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:What powers will Turner have exactly?

You will be known as the avatar of the Patient Crow, one of the five known gods of Ego( though there are secretly six) and tasked with helping Ego become united and Night Owl ascend into true divinity by absorbing the other five. You will be the agent of Jeb and the council, given missions to know the problems with the people, tribes, and other domestic problems and weigh in your advise to the Council. Council will then agree or disagree and will give you the task to deliver the action in larger problems, in smaller ones, you will be given the tasks to handle things personally in the name of the Night Owl.

Should you fail or found out conspiring, then your life is forfeit at worst. The questions I'm giving you are the three main tests that will see if this job is for Turner or confirm Jeb's fear and will be sentence to death.

So Turner will become a god (or at least a human avatar of one) after all.

And how does Jeb like Turner's answers so far?
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Well, you're not in a high priority region for occupation.

So, it really depends how much attention you draw to Russia.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

The emperor doesn't want Ukraine? Literally the best soil in the world.... unless that's not a thing yet.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Aidannadia wrote:

The emperor doesn't want Ukraine? Literally the best soil in the world.... unless that's not a thing yet.

The Emperor already occupies much of the Ukraine :P Russia, as LSA has established it, is up in the frozen north of Russia. Nice timber country, good amber trade, but not exactly the most fertile soil.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Ulls wrote:You will be known as the avatar of the Patient Crow, one of the five known gods of Ego( though there are secretly six) and tasked with helping Ego become united and Night Owl ascend into true divinity by absorbing the other five. You will be the agent of Jeb and the council, given missions to know the problems with the people, tribes, and other domestic problems and weigh in your advise to the Council. Council will then agree or disagree and will give you the task to deliver the action in larger problems, in smaller ones, you will be given the tasks to handle things personally in the name of the Night Owl.

So Turner will become a god (or at least a human avatar of one) after all.

Jeb likes what he hears and has so far convinced him to give you the title in hopes you don't try to conspire against him or take over Ego.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Aidannadia wrote:The emperor doesn't want Ukraine? Literally the best soil in the world.... unless that's not a thing yet.

The Emperor already occupies much of the Ukraine :P Russia, as LSA has established it, is up in the frozen north of Russia. Nice timber country, good amber trade, but not exactly the most fertile soil.

I'm in St. Petersburg...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:

I'm in St. Petersburg...

Otherwise known as "not the Ukraine" ;)

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Here's something silly, would copper pickaxes be able to mine down in brute force to find an iron vein and be able to find get some ore for smithing?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Ulls wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:So Turner will become a god (or at least a human avatar of one) after all.

Jeb likes what he hears and has so far convinced him to give you the title in hopes you don't try to conspire against him or take over Ego.

Turner also needs some practical survival training (as he said when he talked to Jeb earlier). Will he be given some trainers to help him?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Ulls wrote:Jeb likes what he hears and has so far convinced him to give you the title in hopes you don't try to conspire against him or take over Ego.

Turner also needs some practical survival training (as he said when he talked to Jeb earlier). Will he be given some trainers to help him?

He will, being the agent will make him go through basic and survival training that all recruits in warrior tribes go through.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Ulls wrote:Here's something silly, would copper pickaxes be able to mine down in brute force to find an iron vein and be able to find get some ore for smithing?

Copper pickaxes are pretty generically bad, because most rock has a much higher fracture toughness/strength than pure copper.

But yeah, you could do it. You'll be reforging pickaxes basically constantly, but that's not really a huge drawback.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Ulls wrote:Here's something silly, would copper pickaxes be able to mine down in brute force to find an iron vein and be able to find get some ore for smithing?

Copper pickaxes are pretty generically bad, because most rock has a much higher fracture toughness/strength than pure copper.

But yeah, you could do it. You'll be reforging pickaxes basically constantly, but that's not really a huge drawback.

Ehh, we have an industry around recycling copper and using it so with gunpowder, we could get to the iron faster and probably start experimenting with tool crafting, though allying with Olog will speed this up even faster since he's got a decade working on the idea.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

I'm good to go with the time skip whenever everyone else is ready.
Lover of doggos

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Revlona wrote:I'm good to go with the time skip whenever everyone else is ready.

I'm fine with one once I'm appointed to my position in Ego.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Revlona wrote:I'm good to go with the time skip whenever everyone else is ready.

Cool, good to know. I think there are some people who are still hoping to establish arcs for their characters, though, so we'll probably be some time yet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse