NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Because of irl things, I will be leaving this RP.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:11 am

Ulls wrote:Because of irl things, I will be leaving this RP.

Well damn
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 am

Are you sure Ulls? Remember, this is a super laid-back RP. Even if you need to go on hiatus for a week or four, we'll still be here.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:26 am

Full Name: Damian Vance
Appearance: Image
Height and Weight: 6'4 200lbs
Religion: Nonpracticing Christian
Field of Expertise: Fencing and Staff fighting
Skills and Strengths: Charismatic, somewhat strong, Natural Leader
Weaknesses: Arrogant, a bit of an asshole, and also a bit of a control freak.
Where in the world are you landing?: China, near Beijing
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=404751&p=31565853&hilit=henry+fire#p31565853

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:37 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Full Name: Damian Vance
Appearance: (Image)

Ah, finally an Author for China, das gut.

One question, though: do you yourself IRL possess expertise in the fields of staff fighting and fencing?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Full Name: Damian Vance
Appearance: (Image)

One question, though: do you yourself IRL possess expertise in the fields of staff fighting and fencing?

Fencing for sure, I've been doing it since I was a kid. Staff fighting I'm not nearly knowledgable in as fencing but I have a good 5 years of experience.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Fencing for sure, I've been doing it since I was a kid. Staff fighting I'm not nearly knowledgable in as fencing but I have a good 5 years of experience.

Alrighty then, just checking. That's probably good enough to qualify, if you practice regularly. In that case, happily accepted; feel free to begin posting.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am

That post was something like 5 pages of Google docs
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am

Aidannadia wrote:That post was something like 5 pages of Google docs

I feel your pain. Dialogue takes forever to write.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:11 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

Alrighty then, just checking. That's probably good enough to qualify, if you practice regularly. In that case, happily accepted; feel free to begin posting.

All righty then, will post soon.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 am

Yatzatz wrote:
Author Application

Full Name: Yaitz Dervon (pseudonym)
Appearance: (Description or Picture) Shorter than average, blue eyes, hair a cross between dirty blond and red
Height and Weight: slighly heavier and shorter than averge
Religion: None, for RP purposes
Field of Expertise: Mathematics (I know a lot about math IRL)
Skills and Strengths: Math, Science, Creativity
Weaknesses: Weak social skills
Where in the world are you landing?: Japan
RP Sample: The Infinites: And Beyond! RP

Also, has anything on this RP happened in Japan yet?

Hmm. You don't really need to list Mathematics as both a Field of Expertise and Skill. Also, what type of skill level are we talking? Differential calculus, or being an expert at adding and subtracting?

As far as Japan goes, yes, there's a small state in the south that is busy breaking up, but was a sort of communist-politburo organization based on labor tithes. Aside from that, nothing of note aside from another Author.

Differntial calculus level. But further.
So am I accepted?
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:52 am

Yatzatz wrote:Differntial calculus level. But further.
So am I accepted?

Cool, cool, yes. Feel free to post.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am

Why noooooooooooooo. :o

Who's going to sunset invade Revlona? :lol:
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:57 am

Well...fuck. I don't know what to do with my character now...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Well...fuck. I don't know what to do with my character now...

I'm talking to Ulls now. If he cannot continue, in truth, I'll NPC his character as necessary.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Well...fuck. I don't know what to do with my character now...

We could all say Jeb had a heart attack (although if he comes back we'll have to say he disappeared) . You could try and take over, but the council will get in your way still.

Edit: G, that seems like a good option too
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:17 am

I'm talking to Ulls now. If he cannot continue, in truth, I'll NPC his character as necessary.

Speaking about continuing... I'm think it's about time to wrap the expedition up. I think I'll arrive January-ish, since the expedition spent a month establishing trade relations, since I can communicate with them.

should I post about the approach home or do you?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:21 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Speaking about continuing... I'm think it's about time to wrap the expedition up. I think I'll arrive January-ish, since the expedition spent a month establishing trade relations, since I can communicate with them.

Hmm, well, the Explorator would probably seek to overwinter in port at Lebanon or Antalya. The Mediterranean's winter storms, like may be encountered in January, are not to be trifled with, even with ships like carracks. So, perhaps you could have your next post be in one of those places? Perhaps meeting Krugmar's tribe in Colchis?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:26 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Speaking about continuing... I'm think it's about time to wrap the expedition up. I think I'll arrive January-ish, since the expedition spent a month establishing trade relations, since I can communicate with them.

Hmm, well, the Explorator would probably seek to overwinter in port at Lebanon or Antalya. The Mediterranean's winter storms, like may be encountered in January, are not to be trifled with, even with ships like carracks. So, perhaps you could have your next post be in one of those places? Perhaps meeting Krugmar's tribe in Colchis?

Sure. I just didn't want more battle events, because honestly Imperium trumps all.

Reading from the time table you generously gave me, the expedition was going to end in December so I thought add a month, but maybe another cause of those storms. Meeting another author could be interesting. I was seeing though that some people are timeskip ready and did not want to stall.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Sure. I just didn't want more battle events, because honestly Imperium trumps all.

Reading from the time table you generously gave me, the expedition was going to end in December so I thought add a month, but maybe another cause of those storms. Meeting another author could be interesting. I was seeing though that some people are timeskip ready and did not want to stall.

Yeah, no worries. It might be good to, say, write through a friendly relationship with Dalmans. Explorator generally come from families of note, and are men deemed trustworthy enough to be given the full faith and credit of the Emperor to negotiate on his behalf beyond the bounds of the Imperium. Having one as a friend might give Ted an in to the circles of power in the Imperium.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:45 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Sure. I just didn't want more battle events, because honestly Imperium trumps all.

Yeah, no worries. It might be good to, say, write through a friendly relationship with Dalmans. Explorator generally come from families of note, and are men deemed trustworthy enough to be given the full faith and credit of the Emperor to negotiate on his behalf beyond the bounds of the Imperium. Having one as a friend might give Ted an in to the circles of power in the Imperium.

Seems like a great idea. It'd be cool if I end up being the emprah's bodyguard, however if you are concerned over my influence I'm up for a different role.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:48 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Seems like a great idea. It'd be cool if I end up being the emprah's bodyguard, however if you are concerned over my influence I'm up for a different role.

Nah, it's all good. I'm not worried about Ted's influence, more that he'll likely start looking suspiciously ageless in five-ten years. After all, he is a young man who is now theoretically approaching thirty. ICly there's no reason for Viktor to stop the Greycloaks from investigating him and Ted ending up in some black cell rather soon, in RP terms.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:57 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Seems like a great idea. It'd be cool if I end up being the emprah's bodyguard, however if you are concerned over my influence I'm up for a different role.

Nah, it's all good. I'm not worried about Ted's influence, more that he'll likely start looking suspiciously ageless in five-ten years. After all, he is a young man who is now theoretically approaching thirty. ICly there's no reason for Viktor to stop the Greycloaks from investigating him and Ted ending up in some black cell rather soon, in RP terms.

Investigating Ted's past?

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Why noooooooooooooo. :o

Who's going to sunset invade Revlona? :lol:

Still going to.

Stop trying to potentially crash my nation with your shenanigans.

And weaken it for the Imperium? I already have to deal with Turner.

I'm still around, my work just did a 180.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 am

OK, I have posted my first post on the IC.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse