NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:08 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Hey, G-tech! Sorry for not posting at all in the most recent iteration of this RP, writers block + RL eating up my time really screwed me over. Now I think I'm back and able to post. If I used the same character from however many iterations ago (the one in northern New Jersey), would I get that 10 year time skip?

Sure, that would be fine. Everybody gets busy, no worries. It might be a bit difficult to put together what you did in the timeskip due to lacking many actions to extrapolate, but I'm certainly not against the idea.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Okay, there's nothing wrong with that. You, of course, retain full control of your character, and I think it is reasonable that Ted could have disappeared in to the woodwork as Imperial borders crept westward.

Good old fashion shadow kingdom! Since I have school I'll be able to move around less, so I'll be able to make more posts.

Anyways I still need to get caught up do you have a link to the events or can you explain to me what happened? Also if I'm going to be rebel citizen can you send me information about your empire so I don't screw up.

Well, the events in Italy haven't been formally determined, aside from northern Italy being subsumed and her restive nobles vanished to Sardinia and Corsica. They raid the Italian coast intermittently. So, the rest of that we can talk through to make a cohesive timeline.

I would link you, but the archive right now consists of headings from me and little more :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:24 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Good old fashion shadow kingdom! Since I have school I'll be able to move around less, so I'll be able to make more posts.

Anyways I still need to get caught up do you have a link to the events or can you explain to me what happened? Also if I'm going to be rebel citizen can you send me information about your empire so I don't screw up.

Well, the events in Italy haven't been formally determined, aside from northern Italy being subsumed and her restive nobles vanished to Sardinia and Corsica. They raid the Italian coast intermittently. So, the rest of that we can talk through to make a cohesive timeline.

I would link you, but the archive right now consists of headings from me and little more :P

Ok, well. I would have wanted a cool last stand, but some how ended up surviving. My char still doesn't know that he is immortal yet, but anyways I'm thinking that eventually I got a citizenship and joined the government to attempt to obtain a position of power. Overall expect rebellioness. When we do decide to hold a meeting over the events that transpired Italy let me know.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Ok, well. I would have wanted a cool last stand, but some how ended up surviving. My char still doesn't know that he is immortal yet, but anyways I'm thinking that eventually I got a citizenship and joined the government to attempt to obtain a position of power. Overall expect rebellioness. When we do decide to hold a meeting over the events that transpired Italy let me know.

I'm cool with that. I'm assuming after the failed military option he would have retreated back to his home village, then what?

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:08 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Hey, G-tech! Sorry for not posting at all in the most recent iteration of this RP, writers block + RL eating up my time really screwed me over. Now I think I'm back and able to post. If I used the same character from however many iterations ago (the one in northern New Jersey), would I get that 10 year time skip?

Sure, that would be fine. Everybody gets busy, no worries. It might be a bit difficult to put together what you did in the timeskip due to lacking many actions to extrapolate, but I'm certainly not against the idea.

I have some ideas for what I was going to have my character do, basic stuff like trying to create a rudimentary palisade of wood, and locating metal (because he knows what I know, and I know there's a good sized deposit of iron-bearing ore in the area), and expanding the tribe through warfare. Nothing much, and nothing as big as some others have done, because I don't want to go overkill and overuse the ten years, because I didn't have much set out before hand.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ok, well. I would have wanted a cool last stand, but some how ended up surviving. My char still doesn't know that he is immortal yet, but anyways I'm thinking that eventually I got a citizenship and joined the government to attempt to obtain a position of power. Overall expect rebellioness. When we do decide to hold a meeting over the events that transpired Italy let me know.

I'm cool with that. I'm assuming after the failed military option he would have retreated back to his home village, then what?

I'll make the events later, and send you it later.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:31 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:

I have some ideas for what I was going to have my character do, basic stuff like trying to create a rudimentary palisade of wood, and locating metal (because he knows what I know, and I know there's a good sized deposit of iron-bearing ore in the area), and expanding the tribe through warfare. Nothing much, and nothing as big as some others have done, because I don't want to go overkill and overuse the ten years, because I didn't have much set out before hand.

Sure, that generally sounds cool. Metal as in metalworking, or just sourcing ore? Also, you should probably think of how your character will be integrated with whatever tribe he was in.

Finally, an application wouldn't be amiss :P

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:20 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:I have some ideas for what I was going to have my character do, basic stuff like trying to create a rudimentary palisade of wood, and locating metal (because he knows what I know, and I know there's a good sized deposit of iron-bearing ore in the area), and expanding the tribe through warfare. Nothing much, and nothing as big as some others have done, because I don't want to go overkill and overuse the ten years, because I didn't have much set out before hand.

Sure, that generally sounds cool. Metal as in metalworking, or just sourcing ore? Also, you should probably think of how your character will be integrated with whatever tribe he was in.

Oh, you'll have the application soon enough. Metal as in sourcing ore and trying to acquire some. Later goals involve making something able to heat it hot enough to smelt the metal.

As far integration with the tribe, I have a few ideas.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

Of the events that transpired over Ted. Here's just a brainstorm so far G...

After the failed military expedition that was ran by Ted or rather “Tzeentch”, the tribal confederation army returns with no stolen guns or the morale needed to fight off the Imperium. Ted later tried to develop his weaponary to be ambush oriented, but the engagements with the Imperium proved to be to perilous. Soon, most tribes were subjugated under the rule of the imperium. Ted told his Tribe to chose to surrender where then they wouldn't suffer casualties, and they surrendered peacefully, but with much discontent within the tribe. Ted fearing that the tribes that once supported him had leaked information about his whereabouts said his goodbyes to his friends and snuck out of the village before Imperium arrived.

After wandering for several days Ted knew he couldn't stay hidden from the Imperium forever, so he came to a villiage and became a Imperial civilian. He eventually joined the military.

Question: Does cutting your fingerprint invalidates you citizenship?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:42 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Of the events that transpired over Ted. Here's just a brainstorm so far G...

After the failed military expedition that was ran by Ted or rather “Tzeentch”, the tribal confederation army returns with no stolen guns or the morale needed to fight off the Imperium. Ted later tried to develop his weaponary to be ambush oriented, but the engagements with the Imperium proved to be to perilous. Soon, most tribes were subjugated under the rule of the imperium. Ted told his Tribe to chose to surrender where then they wouldn't suffer casualties, and they surrendered peacefully, but with much discontent within the tribe. Ted fearing that the tribes that once supported him had leaked information about his whereabouts said his goodbyes to his friends and snuck out of the village before Imperium arrived.

After wandering for several days Ted knew he couldn't stay hidden from the Imperium forever, so he came to a villiage and became a Imperial civilian. He eventually joined the military.

Not necessarily- it depends if the mutilation looks intentional, at the discretion of an Imperial official. Mind you, removing one's fingerprints without complex chemicals tends to lead to a significant loss of manual dexterity, so if you want to go that route Ted will be mutilated.

Edit: Sorry, clarification. Removing one's fingerprints is fairly straightforward, but the mutilation method itself can be very distinctive. Ted wouldn't lose his citizenship automatically, but the local Eyes might give him a hard look after he deliberately burnt off his form of identification.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:

Oh, you'll have the application soon enough. Metal as in sourcing ore and trying to acquire some. Later goals involve making something able to heat it hot enough to smelt the metal.

Wish you had tin, still will make the trip east once I come back from Greenland.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Of the events that transpired over Ted. Here's just a brainstorm so far G...

Not necessarily- it depends if the mutilation looks intentional, at the discretion of an Imperial official. Mind you, removing one's fingerprints without complex chemicals tends to lead to a significant loss of manual dexterity, so if you want to go that route Ted will be mutilated.

Edit: Sorry, clarification. Removing one's fingerprints is fairly straightforward, but the mutilation method itself can be very distinctive. Ted wouldn't lose his citizenship automatically, but the local Eyes might give him a hard look after he deliberately burnt off his form of identification.

Thx

Btw does the history sound good? Is it canon worthy? Or should their be adjustments?
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Kelmet, does Norsca have good medical knowledge or antidotes that they would trade with Ego?

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Ulls wrote:Kelmet, does Norsca have good medical knowledge or antidotes that they would trade with Ego?

Besides semi advanced first aid and CPR besides the "home remedies" of old school tribal culture not much. Sorry.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Thx

Btw does the history sound good? Is it canon worthy? Or should their be adjustments?

Sure, sounds reasonable enough to me. Would Ted have formally enlisted in one of the Great Companies? Or would he go for a different position?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm

deleted..
Last edited by Ulls on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Whew, finally finished that infrastructure section for the Imperium in the archives. Anybody want to look at it and point out something I might have missed? I'd be grateful for feedback :)

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Ulls wrote:Kelmet, does Norsca have good medical knowledge or antidotes that they would trade with Ego?

Besides semi advanced first aid and CPR besides the "home remedies" of old school tribal culture not much. Sorry.

Then perhaps we can help each other to advance our medicine? I mean I will have to have very limited contact with Europe till cowpox has been made and helping me will guarantee an ally who can use the Feudal tech to rise above and start using the vast resources at my disposal.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Ulls wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Oh, you'll have the application soon enough. Metal as in sourcing ore and trying to acquire some. Later goals involve making something able to heat it hot enough to smelt the metal.

Wish you had tin, still will make the trip east once I come back from Greenland.

Sorry that I don't. Iron aplenty, but no tin.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Ulls wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Besides semi advanced first aid and CPR besides the "home remedies" of old school tribal culture not much. Sorry.

Then perhaps we can help each other to advance our medicine? I mean I will have to have very limited contact with Europe till cowpox has been made and helping me will guarantee an ally who can use the Feudal tech to rise above and start using the vast resources at my disposal.

All about team work. :hug:
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Ulls wrote:Wish you had tin, still will make the trip east once I come back from Greenland.

Sorry that I don't. Iron aplenty, but no tin.

Still would be worth it. Uplifting the New World is one of my Author's goals.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Thx

Sure, sounds reasonable enough to me. Would Ted have formally enlisted in one of the Great Companies? Or would he go for a different position?

Overall my char wants to gain enough fame to receive a high up position, but also wants to gain basic military skills for the eventual revolt. The position would ideally be one so I can meet the emprah.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Overall my char wants to gain enough fame to receive a high up position, but also wants to gain basic military skills for the eventual revolt. The position would ideally be one so I can meet the emprah.

Hmm. Well, with ten years in as a volunteer without formal training, your man is probably leading a significant force assuming he wasn't completely incompetent. Not a general, but maybe in command of a company.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Overall my char wants to gain enough fame to receive a high up position, but also wants to gain basic military skills for the eventual revolt. The position would ideally be one so I can meet the emprah.

Hmm. Well, with ten years in as a volunteer without formal training, your man is probably leading a significant force assuming he wasn't completely incompetent. Not a general, but maybe in command of a company.

Sounds good to me. I'll need some pointers on how your military operates so that I can RP better, but overall sounds good to me. Now since you're practically the government i'd assume you'll find a nifty spot for me in the military. Also does a soldier decide which great company he'll join or is it the state?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Sounds good to me. I'll need some pointers on how your military operates so that I can RP better, but overall sounds good to me. Now since you're practically the government i'd assume you'll find a nifty spot for me in the military. Also does a soldier decide which great company he'll join or is it the state?

How far would your revolt plans be in within 10 years?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse