NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes? Ch2 [ooc, Open, Great Time to Join!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Arstotzmerika wrote:
Application

Character Name: Joseph Lero, Age 34

Alias: Stardust Man

Species: Gifted

Appearance:
(Image)
The clothes Joseph wears have been modified via his powers to be bulletproof, waterproof, fireproof, and lightweight.

Personality: Not very social or talkative but usually friendly, as well as being a logical, curious person.

Powers:
  • Matter Manipulation: can alter, destroy, move, and reconstruct matter. This also includes changing the state of matter.
  • Time Stop: Stops time for only 3-5 seconds.
  • Superhuman Survivalist: Can go without human necessitates such as food and water for 2 weeks.
  • Light bending: Self-explanatory, the ability to bend light.

Drawbacks:
  • Matter Manipulation cannot alter the matter of self or other people and only works within a 200ft range, as well as it needs to be activated.
  • The world in Time Stop cannot be changed, for example bullets cannot be pushed around and people can't be moved or damaged.
  • If Joseph doesn't eat or drink after the 2 week timespan of Superhuman Survivalist, he will blackout/faint and feel extremely weak until he is renourished.
  • Light bending only works when there is lots light, preferably during the day and cannot work at night.

Origin of Powers: Cosmic Event

Bio: Joseph always lived in SF since he was a child. He did pretty average in school but had no friends until College. Occasionally he got into a fight with a school bully, mainly due to being self-defensive. He gained his powers at Age 27 due to a cosmic event. For a few days he felt drowsy and dizzy. Upon discovering his powers he trained himself in secret to use them properly as he did not want to accidentally change something around him. When he heard the news of secret organizations taking away other Superhumans, he stopped using his powers completely for a time in order to avoid being taken away. After hearing the existence of groups such as The Chosen Ones, CADMUS, and Omega Horizon Corporation, he felt that something had to be done about such evil groups, so he set out to find other Superhumans like himself and began using his powers once more but in a low profile manner.

Joseph has a Bachelors Degree in Science and Literature. He knows languages such as Spanish and French. As by his outfit, he watches Anime, mainly Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Currently, Joseph lives by himself in the Bay Area of SF.

Starting Location: San Francisco, California, United States of America

Faction: N/A

Additional info: N/A

Equipment: Samsung Galaxy S7, Notebook, Honda Civic (2016 Model)

Techniques: One of Joseph's signature techniques is Air Boost, in which he uses the air to move himself in any direction he wishes to, usually to give a boost when jumping or to slow down a fall.

Theme Song: The Stardust Man Appears

Note to OP: If you do not wish for my character to have Time Stop, I am perfectly fine with that as Matter Manipulation just by itself is pretty powerful.

I hope I'm not late to the party.

HHHMMMMMMMM.

I think this is based on Jojo's Bizzare adventure.

I will accept on the condition that you can verify that his character is your own creation (if it is heavily influenced I am okay, just make it your own), and that you agree to remove the protective attributes of the clothing. Matter manipulation, while powerful, does not describe how it can make fibers have those attributes(at least how you have described it.Normally I would overlook this, but while there is nothing wrong with a character having protective clothing, I dislike it when it is used in combination of other powerful abilities.) And the time stop is in accordance with the rules. I do assume that stardust man can move during this ability?

Yes, this character is my own. And I'm perfectly fine with non-protective clothing. I think one way the clothing is altered for protection is via Nano-Fibers. I think at least water protection can stay as Matter Manipulation can just remove the bullets from a gun, so bulletproofness is ditched. Fire protection isn't needed either since Joseph can just put it out by moving the air. And Yes, Stardust Man can move during Time Stop.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:58 pm

The Isle wrote:Considering the hate CADMUS has for Supers, I'm not sure if this will be allowed, but I'll try it. If not I have like... Three other ideas. Also, I know that it's somewhat OP, but hopefully the drawbacks and limitations balance it out.

Application

Character Name: Lucius Silvers

Alias: Reaper

Appearance:

Personality: Lethal, cunning, and always ready to do his job.

Powers: Teleportation, Death Sense, Soul Capturing (which can increase his strength). He also has superhuman strength, agility, and senses. Due to essentially being a Reaper, he is semi-immortal.

Drawbacks: The Reaper within him is always trying to break free of his control, so there are times when his powers do not work. If someone else takes the Seven Rings of the Reaper and performs a ceremony which requires the Reaper inside of him, Lucius will lose his power and likely be killed by the Reaper.

Due to the fact that he has a Reaper bound inside him which gives him his powers, they are limited;
His Death Sense is only able to sense natural deaths.
He is only able to teleport himself easily, and one other with difficulty.
He can only take the souls of those who die in his vicinity.
The souls he takes can only be held for 3 days before they begin to effect his personality, emotions, etc.

There are a handful of ways to kill him even though he is semi-immortal. Beheading him or stabbing his heart with his own scythe will kill him, stabbing him with a blade or shooting him with a bullet coated in both Holy Water and Cursed Water, taking the Seven Rings of the Reaper and performing a ritual that requires the Reaper inside of him, or convincing an Angel or Deity to smite him. Of course, an easier way to defeat him is to either take his heart and keep it in Holy Water (eliminates his powers completely), use the Seven Rings of the Reaper to control him, or shoot him with a silver bullet (won't kill him, but it will weaken him and force him to retreat for a while).

Origin of Powers: Gifted. Using the Seven Rings of the Reaper, Lucius bound a Reaper to his own soul, capturing it inside him and taking its scythe and power as his own.

Bio: Lucius Silvers was the son of two CADMUS agents, and as such learned from an early age of the existence of supers. He always feared that the mutants would one day rise and try to take over the humans, and as such began looking for a way to stop them. At the age of 15, Lucius found the occult. Over the next five years, an odd fascination with death and Reapers began to grow, and he came up with a theory: If he could bind one to him, then he could use the power of the Reaper to fight the Mutant Threat!

At the age of 22, Lucius joined CADMUS and revealed his hypothesis. While they did not believe it could work, they did allow him to search for ways of possibly performing this feat, in his own time. In his 25th year, Lucius discovered the Seven Rings of the Reaper, seven colored rings which were scattered across the globe. He used CADMUS resources to aid in his hunt, and at the age of 30 he finally discovered the last of the Seven Rings and a binding ritual.

The ritual required him knowing the name of a Reaper, and over the course of the next year he found one, 'Nekron'. And so he performed the ritual, binding the Reaper known as Nekron to his soul, capturing the Reaper inside of him and taking on his powers. It affected Lucius' outward appearance, but little else. Now as the Reaper he is ready to fight the threat of supers on behalf of CADMUS.

Starting Location: Chicago

Faction: CADMUS

Additional info: Should Nekron escape him, he will shred Lucius' soul to bits and pieces for all eternity.

Arengin Union wrote:
Application

Character Name: Manuel Garcia

Alias: Commander, Hunter 1.

Appearance:

Personality: Cold and calculative, Manuel is one that keeps his personal life away from his profession. He is quite intuitive and has a rough demeanor at times which his men fear.

Powers: None. He has martial arts and military training in several other combat technics, as well as a blank check from Omega Horizon and a large number of mercenaries under his command.

Drawbacks: He is human, he could easily be killed by a super hence why he is very careful and calculative in every operation.

Origin of Powers: (optional)

Bio: Born in Phoenix Arizona, Manuel was the son of two undocumented immigrants from Mexico. He grew up with his aunt and uncle when his parents were in an incident that involved a mutant going haywire and destroying the car they were in, as well as killing several more people. Manuel grew up hating Mutants with a passion, seeing them as freaks of nature that had to be eliminated.

He served in the US armed forces as a Navy seal, until he retired and shortly after was offered a job at the Omega Horizon Corporation as head of the security team. Soon Garcia went through the ranks and achieved the rank of commander of the corporations Black Brigade paramilitary group. He was assigned with acquiring dead or alive mutant specimens for the corporation, which he followed without question. Garcia has commanded the brigade with harshness and determination to eliminate all mutants and edhanced. He will stop at nothing to, in his eyes, avenge his parents deaths.

Starting Location: NYC

Faction: Omega Horizon Corporation.

Additional info: (optional)

I have no trouble with either of these apps, but I am going to allow Commonwealth to review and make the final decision seeing as how The Isle was unsure of his acceptance, and since he voiced some concerns about OHC.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Arstotzmerika wrote:
HHHMMMMMMMM.

I think this is based on Jojo's Bizzare adventure.

I will accept on the condition that you can verify that his character is your own creation (if it is heavily influenced I am okay, just make it your own), and that you agree to remove the protective attributes of the clothing. Matter manipulation, while powerful, does not describe how it can make fibers have those attributes(at least how you have described it.Normally I would overlook this, but while there is nothing wrong with a character having protective clothing, I dislike it when it is used in combination of other powerful abilities.) And the time stop is in accordance with the rules. I do assume that stardust man can move during this ability?

Yes, this character is my own. And I'm perfectly fine with non-protective clothing. I think one way the clothing is altered for protection is via Nano-Fibers. I think at least water protection can stay as Matter Manipulation can just remove the bullets from a gun, so bulletproofness is ditched. Fire protection isn't needed either since Joseph can just put it out by moving the air. And Yes, Stardust Man can move during Time Stop.

yes, my bad, waterproofness is fine :) .

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Arstotzmerika wrote:

yes, my bad, waterproofness is fine :) .

Technically, it may even be possible for Joseph to simply "repair" in a sense his coat or even repel water, completely removing the need for protectiveness.
Last edited by Arstotzmerika on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 pm

The Isle wrote:Considering the hate CADMUS has for Supers, I'm not sure if this will be allowed, but I'll try it. If not I have like... Three other ideas. Also, I know that it's somewhat OP, but hopefully the drawbacks and limitations balance it out.

Application

Character Name: Lucius Silvers

Alias: Reaper

Appearance:

Personality: Lethal, cunning, and always ready to do his job.

Powers: Teleportation, Death Sense, Soul Capturing (which can increase his strength). He also has superhuman strength, agility, and senses. Due to essentially being a Reaper, he is semi-immortal.

Drawbacks: The Reaper within him is always trying to break free of his control, so there are times when his powers do not work. If someone else takes the Seven Rings of the Reaper and performs a ceremony which requires the Reaper inside of him, Lucius will lose his power and likely be killed by the Reaper.

Due to the fact that he has a Reaper bound inside him which gives him his powers, they are limited;
His Death Sense is only able to sense natural deaths.
He is only able to teleport himself easily, and one other with difficulty.
He can only take the souls of those who die in his vicinity.
The souls he takes can only be held for 3 days before they begin to effect his personality, emotions, etc.

There are a handful of ways to kill him even though he is semi-immortal. Beheading him or stabbing his heart with his own scythe will kill him, stabbing him with a blade or shooting him with a bullet coated in both Holy Water and Cursed Water, taking the Seven Rings of the Reaper and performing a ritual that requires the Reaper inside of him, or convincing an Angel or Deity to smite him. Of course, an easier way to defeat him is to either take his heart and keep it in Holy Water (eliminates his powers completely), use the Seven Rings of the Reaper to control him, or shoot him with a silver bullet (won't kill him, but it will weaken him and force him to retreat for a while).

Origin of Powers: Gifted. Using the Seven Rings of the Reaper, Lucius bound a Reaper to his own soul, capturing it inside him and taking its scythe and power as his own.

Bio: Lucius Silvers was the son of two CADMUS agents, and as such learned from an early age of the existence of supers. He always feared that the mutants would one day rise and try to take over the humans, and as such began looking for a way to stop them. At the age of 15, Lucius found the occult. Over the next five years, an odd fascination with death and Reapers began to grow, and he came up with a theory: If he could bind one to him, then he could use the power of the Reaper to fight the Mutant Threat!

At the age of 22, Lucius joined CADMUS and revealed his hypothesis. While they did not believe it could work, they did allow him to search for ways of possibly performing this feat, in his own time. In his 25th year, Lucius discovered the Seven Rings of the Reaper, seven colored rings which were scattered across the globe. He used CADMUS resources to aid in his hunt, and at the age of 30 he finally discovered the last of the Seven Rings and a binding ritual.

The ritual required him knowing the name of a Reaper, and over the course of the next year he found one, 'Nekron'. And so he performed the ritual, binding the Reaper known as Nekron to his soul, capturing the Reaper inside of him and taking on his powers. It affected Lucius' outward appearance, but little else. Now as the Reaper he is ready to fight the threat of supers on behalf of CADMUS.

Starting Location: Chicago

Additional info: Should Nekron escape him, he will shred Lucius' soul to bits and pieces for all eternity.

Arengin Union wrote:
Application

Character Name: Manuel Garcia

Alias: Commander, Hunter 1.

Appearance:

Personality: Cold and calculative, Manuel is one that keeps his personal life away from his profession. He is quite intuitive and has a rough demeanor at times which his men fear.

Powers: None. He has martial arts and military training in several other combat technics, as well as a blank check from Omega Horizon and a large number of mercenaries under his command.

Drawbacks: He is human, he could easily be killed by a super hence why he is very careful and calculative in every operation.

Origin of Powers: (optional)

Bio: Born in Phoenix Arizona, Manuel was the son of two undocumented immigrants from Mexico. He grew up with his aunt and uncle when his parents were in an incident that involved a mutant going haywire and destroying the car they were in, as well as killing several more people. Manuel grew up hating Mutants with a passion, seeing them as freaks of nature that had to be eliminated.

He served in the US armed forces as a Navy seal, until he retired and shortly after was offered a job at the Omega Horizon Corporation as head of the security team. Soon Garcia went through the ranks and achieved the rank of commander of the corporations Black Brigade paramilitary group. He was assigned with acquiring dead or alive mutant specimens for the corporation, which he followed without question. Garcia has commanded the brigade with harshness and determination to eliminate all mutants and edhanced. He will stop at nothing to, in his eyes, avenge his parents deaths.

Starting Location: NYC

Faction: Omega Horizon Corporation.

I have no trouble with either of these apps, but I am going to allow Commonwealth to review and make the final decision seeing as how The Isle was unsure of his acceptance, and since he voiced some concerns about OHC.

Okay b0ss
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Application

Character Name: Hugo Khan

Alias: Titan

Appearance:

Personality: Daring, courageous, and bold, Hugo is a man who holds his unflinching nature and dedication to a goal in high regard. He is immensely loyal to his perceived allies and is trusting of people, even those with bad intentions and hidden agendas, using his optimism to see the good in people and organizations. As Titan, he carries these traits into his alter-ego, yet is more calm and rational due to the nature of his vigilante persona and the consequences of being caught.

Powers: Electrical Manipulation: Able to manipulate electricity and electric fields, Titan is a powerful mutant with control over electrons, ions, and charge-carrying particles, as well as cornering a fundamental nature of the electromagnetic force. He is nearly able to teleport by charging his body and riding a bolt of lightning through the atmosphere, as well as able to unleash impressive displays of power with charged particle emission, bringing down and hurling bolts of lightning by the gigajoule, along with a myriad of other uses. Titan knows that he holds an extremely diverse power, and is constantly striving to improve his knowledge and proficiency with it when able.

Drawbacks: The biggest weaknesses within Titan's powerset is electrical resistance and grounding, which can hinder and unintentionally re-direct his charged attacks. Since electricity has trouble moving through insulators (rubber, wood, air) without high voltage, Titan is limited to direct contact unless he is fine with the damage higher voltage and amperage will bring. Through grounding, Titan's electrical discharge will take the path of least resistance and go where he may not intend for them to go, which can harmlessly spread out his electric current by re-directing it to the earth.

Origin of Powers: Mutant

Bio:
Hugo Khan was born in a middle class suburb of Fort Worth, and has lived his entire life in the Metroplex, rarely venturing outside of it beyond work. His upbringing was rather normal, he attended school and his parents were able to afford some luxuries that others weren't afforded. Still, Hugo developed into a stonewall of a young adult who held tight to his values and ideals. His powers began to manifest at puberty, but he was able to keep them under wraps and under control, slowly developing his skills in electric manipulation in secret.

Fitting for his power, Khan is a electrician and electronic engineer for a small company in Denton, which affords him the ability to work with his powers (in secret of course) and acts as a guide to how to harness his powers better. It also allows him to respond to emergencies throughout the Metroplex at a moments notice due to his company's small nature and his flexible hours. Titan was recruited into Vanguard for his abilities and passion, as he is willing to serve the greater good and aid his fellow mutant when they are at their most vulnerable, preferring to stay on the front lines to achieve this end. Through his service, Titan has become a successful field agent for the organization, funneling mutants and supplies to the organization from the Metroplex. Due to the nature of his abilities, he is able to stay in the same general area yet is able to give CAMDUS the slip time and time again.

Though he watches over North Texas, Titan is a vocal member of Vanguard who supports increased offensive operations against CAMDUS, going so far as to conduct rogue activities on his own against them and their facilities in his area, which has been a constant rub with the upper echelons of the group and has drawn greater attention to the Metroplex. Despite his rashness and reckless behavior, it stems from wanting to help his fellow mutants feel safe and secure in their own homes rather than having to be uprooted and sent away just to survive. Titan is a strong, capable warrior to boot, and holds an impressive win-loss record when it comes to engagements in the field and the frontlines of the secret war Vanguard has been fighting.

Starting Location: Dallas, Texas

Faction: Vanguard

Additional Info: N/A
Last edited by New Neros on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Application

Character Name: Alan Caine

Alias: Thoth

Personality:When he was a child, Alan was a little shit. He was self-aggrandizing, stubborn, impatient and overconfident. He valued knowledge more than experience, and power more than wisdom. He didn’t see where that path would lead him until walking it had cost him dearly. Now, tempered by his experiences, he has become devoted to using his power to benefit others.

Powers: Ritual Magic - Mastery of arcane secrets that allow him to tap into cosmic energies and shape them to his needs.

Drawbacks:

Incantation - The spells he is capable of casting require precision of both action and intent, usually in the form of a brief ritual, and unless he is supported or has a chivalrous enemy he is not likely to finish it before a skilled foe can strike. He can attempt to cast spells instantaneously, but it dramatically increases his chance of failure.

Failure - Mistakes made while shaping arcane forces can result in anything from a mild breeze to a temporary rend in the fabric of space-time. It's not for the faint of heart, and the greater the spell the more likely that failure will be catastrophic.

Origin of Powers: Extraplanar

Bio: Alan was born and raised in the suburbs of New York. He studied magic under his father, who ran a used bookstore as front for magic texts and artifacts that he sold to the mystic community. However, eventually he rebelled against his father's strict rules regarding the learning and uses of his magic and began sneaking into his father's more dangerous books. Once he was discovered, his father banished him despite his youth and he began using his magic to survive on the streets.

After saving enough money, he began seeking out new routes to learning arcane secrets. It was this path that led him to a humbling tragedy years later, but despite that he has yet to reconcile with his family. Now he lives and works in New York, studying his magic more carefully, and tries to avoid the ever searching eyes of CADMUS.

Starting Location: Edit: New York

Faction: N/A

Additional info: Themesong - Angel of Doom

Greater Arcana: Spells of such potency that merely the incantation can cause tremendous harm if it goes awry, reserved for experts who are not afraid of meddling with ancient forces.

Invocation of the False Demon, Yuval: A demon formed from the aspects of fire and retribution, when Yuval is brought forth from the mind’s eye into reality he rises from the ground accompanied by a torrent of flame. He is ponderous in movement, but capable of devastating feats of strength until he is dismissed or destroyed.

Angel of Doom: By yielding the body fully to the torrential power of the planes, a force most practitioners hesitate to even touch, Alan can reshape himself into a vessel of arcane might for a limited time. His physical prowess is multiplied, and he is able to easily lash out with arcane blasts. However, this spell carries dangerous risks upon casting and upon returning to his normal form which increase the longer the spell is active.

Lesser Arcana: Spells that are not all powerful, but stand a grade above what an amateur could safely call upon.

Flight: Simple enough, the caster alters the flow of gravity around himself to provide flight. In a straight line he can move roughly 60 mph, but anything faster than that requires exclusive focus.

Mystic Aegis: A shield, the dimensions of which are specified during the ritual, appears before the caster and follows his movements. It can take a beating from both physical and energy based attacks, but is only as powerful as the sorcerer's will.

Folding Light: The caster can create various illusory effects, the more numerous the less convincing. Useful for distractions, or hiding. However, other forms of vision such as infrared can penetrate these illusions with ease.

Luminous Blade: A blade of arcane light, the dimensions of which are determined during the casting, extends from the end of the caster's hand. It is a durable weapon that can be used for both utility and combat.

Sundering Bolt: A field of dull reddish energy envelops the caster's hands allowing him to project dense bolts of power that impact with the force to split stone.

Rote Arcana: Spells so basic as to be achievable with little to no effort, pretty much anything a nobody spell caster could manage.
Last edited by Yoite on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.> - Cosmic AC

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 pm

New Neros wrote:Fitting for his power, Khan is a electrician and electronic engineer for a small company in Denton, which affords him the ability to work with his powers (in secret of course) and acts as a guide to how to harness his powers better. It also allows him to respond to emergencies throughout the Metroplex at a moments notice due to his company's small nature and his flexible hours. He became a member of Vanguard through his track record and documented ability to engage CAMDUS Detainment Personnel and defeat them handily, even when the squads are tailor-made to defeat his electric potential. Through his service, Titan has become a successful field agent for the organization, funneling mutants and supplies to the organization from the Metroplex. Due to the nature of his abilities, he is able to stay in the same general area yet is able to give CAMDUS the slip time and time again.

This is my big concern with your app. CADMUS has been doing this for almost a century, and they are very good at what they do. That's why Vanguard's main tactic is run and hide vice fight back. I'm fine with being able to fight off squads or to narrowly elude them, but a tailor-made squad would be much harder to defeat. The OP says that you need to be prepared for your character to be caught. Fix the app to reflect that and you'll be accepted.

Yoite wrote:-snip-

I don't see anything particularly wrong with this, but given the difference on source of powers I'll leave it Cyberiad to rule on this one.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 pm

House of Judah wrote:
Yoite wrote:-snip-

I don't see anything particularly wrong with this, but given the difference on source of powers I'll leave it Cyberiad to rule on this one.

No problem. He didn't really leave an explanation for magic, so I just filled it in with my imagination.
<NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.> - Cosmic AC

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 pm

House of Judah wrote:
New Neros wrote:Fitting for his power, Khan is a electrician and electronic engineer for a small company in Denton, which affords him the ability to work with his powers (in secret of course) and acts as a guide to how to harness his powers better. It also allows him to respond to emergencies throughout the Metroplex at a moments notice due to his company's small nature and his flexible hours. He became a member of Vanguard through his track record and documented ability to engage CAMDUS Detainment Personnel and defeat them handily, even when the squads are tailor-made to defeat his electric potential. Through his service, Titan has become a successful field agent for the organization, funneling mutants and supplies to the organization from the Metroplex. Due to the nature of his abilities, he is able to stay in the same general area yet is able to give CAMDUS the slip time and time again.

This is my big concern with your app. CADMUS has been doing this for almost a century, and they are very good at what they do. That's why Vanguard's main tactic is run and hide vice fight back. I'm fine with being able to fight off squads or to narrowly elude them, but a tailor-made squad would be much harder to defeat. The OP says that you need to be prepared for your character to be caught. Fix the app to reflect that and you'll be accepted.

Righto, shall do.

EDIT: I have edited the bold portion to read this instead: "Titan was recruited into Vanguard for his abilities and passion, as he is willing to serve the greater good and aid his fellow mutant when they are at their most vulnerable, preferring to stay on the front lines to achieve this end."
Last edited by New Neros on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 pm

I just realized something and outlined it in my post. Aesculapius is a hard-counter to any mutants out there, NPC or otherwise. He literally could find the mutant gene giving them their powers and remove it from them throughout their body, given time to do so.

Maybe that's why CADMUS wants him so badly? To see if he can turn mutants human... or even... humans into mutants?

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Phew, here's the app. Please note that I have not received House of Judah's permission for using Gencore yet. I'm going to send off a TG to ask for permission now.

Application

Character Name: Annette Barreau

Alias: Subject VA:178 (“That sounds so ugly! How about Pixie instead?”)

Appearance:

Personality:
At first glance, the wide-eyed Annette appears friendly and forthright. She is usually polite and displays a childish curiosity for the world around her, eager to explore and discover the wider world whenever CADMUS sends her out on a mission – supervised of course. She has been told that confidence is important when meeting new people, but more often than not she will act shy when caught off-guard, lacking in experience when interacting with people she’s never met. Her carefree, open nature causes Annette to come across as naïve, almost blissfully so. But in reality she is one of CADMUS’ most dangerous agents, alongside the likes of VA:231.

Annette’s curiosity makes her sadistic, her naivety makes her cruel, and her powers make her a monster. She seems to have no understanding of collateral damage and CADMUS has given up on instructing her to bring targets back unharmed – finding that she as often ends up accidentally killing her quarry as not. Agents assigned to her have resigned or requested transfers, citing PTSD or excessive stress from observing her actions and seeming disregard for human life. Many have gone as far as to accuse her of insanity.

Powers:
(Links provided are a guide, the wiki page powers are - as a rule of thumb - more powerful than Annette's actual powers)
  • Mosquito Physiology
    Annette’s modified physiology grants her a number of enhanced traits when compared to a regular human. The most noticeable of these is her ability to fly thanks to the pair of wings protruding from her back. In addition to this, she is exceptionally agile in a fight, able to move and react more quickly than her opponents may expect. She is also able to effortlessly climb walls and see in the infrared region of the spectrum. Coupled with a small pair of antennae, this latter ability grants her noticeably enhanced senses that can help her in a pinch. Annette can also extend retractable stingers from her fingers which she can use as weapons in a fight. They are abnormally sharp and can cut through fabric with ease and slice flesh. However, their far more dangerous ability is to inject a paralytic poison into Annette's target if they are allowed to pierce the skin for too long. While the effect of the poison varies from person to person depending on their mental and physical fortitude, drowsiness gradually gives way to full paralysis as the dose is increased. A high enough quantity of the poison in the blood stream can even stop the heart, leading to a swift death.
  • Web Generation
    Annette is able to produce and secrete a strong, web-like substance reminiscent of spider silk from her wrists. She is able to trap and ensnare her foes using this ability, while also capable of using it to help maneuver during a fight.
  • Blood Empowerment
    Consuming blood increases Annette’s strength and powers. The effects don’t last long, but she becomes faster, stronger and more durable when she consumes a sizable quantity of the vital, life-giving fluid. The health and strength of the individual whose blood she consumes also contributes to the increase in her capabilities.
  • Resilience
    Although Annette isn’t especially durable, especially compared to other Superhumans, she can recover from grievous injuries unnervingly quickly. Blunt force trauma in particular won’t keep her down for long, although more extensive harm requires her to consume blood in order to heal. This power goes as far as to allow for the regeneration of severed limbs, although even Annette doesn’t know that yet. This also by no means makes her invincible, and enough damage done quickly, or preventing her from gaining access to a supply of blood quickly, would cause her to die from her wounds. This regeneration ability is in fact a consequence of an epidermal ability that allows for Annette to heal from otherwise immensely damaging attacks. She can go as far as to shed her skin to get rid of crippling burns or wounds and even seal herself in a cocoon if the wounds are severe enough. However, she is unaware of the extent of this power and in particular does not know that she can regenerate her skin or create a cocoon for herself.
  • Insect Manipulation
    By far Annette’s most powerful and terrifying ability is the control she wields over insects – although a more accurate description would be much of the wider arthropod family. Spiders, beetles, centipedes, flies, mosquitoes and more can be bent to her will and made to serve her. While this does require the expenditure of energy and effort on her part, she is rapidly improving through practice in her capabilities. In addition to this, she can seemingly increase the abilities of insects under her control (to a degree) allowing them to pose a real threat to her opponents. Furthermore, given time and focus, Annette can infest an individual with her insects, gaining limited control over her victim’s motor functions – although she has no way to influence their mental state or thoughts.
  • Insect Generation
    This is Annette’s most uncontrolled and limited power. To an extent, CADMUS’ researchers have determined that she is able to create new forms of insects. Hypothetically, they reason, she should be able to do so from her own biomass, but so far she has only been able to create mutant creatures with the assistance of CADMUS’ own research division in carefully crafted experiments meant to test her capabilities. It remains to be seen if the researchers’ expectations truly lie in the realm of possibility.

Drawbacks:
  • Cold Blooded:
    Annette’s insect physiology comes with its own downsides, chief among them being her cold-bloodedness. Her body’s ability to maintain its own internal environment has been reduced compared to a normal human and that has left her vulnerable to changes in the temperature. She is especially weak in colder environments and will suffer from the onset of hypothermia long before it would normally be expected.
  • Blood Sucker:
    While blood can enhance Annette’s powers and abilities, she needs a supply of the liquid simply to survive. Often she finds herself drawn to the substance when hungry and can be driven to great lengths to feed if she is starved.
  • Mental Link:
    While she is controlling her insects, Annette creates a limited mental bridge between their minds and hers. To an extent this allows her to feel their emotions and sensations, and while it is incredibly effective in allowing her to manage large swarms, without practice it can make unexpected attacks on her insects knock her off balance.
  • Blissfully Naive:
    Raised in captivity for much of her life – with the time before that missing from her memory – Annette is ill-equipped and inexperienced in the wider world. Everything from social interactions to simply getting around is difficult for her and while this isn’t a huge challenge given CADMUS’ guiding hand whenever she is outside of their facility, her naivety can even creep into her fighting style. While she may have enhanced senses, she may not be able to determine the nature of what she detects, or her curiosity may drive her to seek out an unknown rather than avoid it or prepare.
[/list]

Origin of Powers: [Enhanced/Gifted] A magical stone talisman in the form of a beetle that is now latched onto her spinal cord, essentially merging itself with her biology. The efforts of CADMUS’ research division have helped Annette’s body embrace the parasitic artefact and have allowed her to increase her abilities.

Bio:
Annette’s parents were proud members of the wealthy echelons of high-class society. Both of them had been born into money, but had made a name for themselves as a ruthless, business-savvy team. In spite of this formidable reputation, they remained stubbornly tight-lipped about their private life, and a few well-placed bribes ensured that the media knew better than to pry. Her mother ran one of the most successful fashion companies in the world, while her father maintained a profitable stake in a sizable banking firm. However, these roles were largely covers for their shared passion in life: treasure hunting.

The wealthy and powerful are inevitably intermingled with the shadier sides of society, and the Barreaus were no different. They travelled the world on behalf of their clients, buying, stealing and selling priceless commodities and artefacts beneath the noses of the appropriate authorities. They could move entire collections of stolen art without being caught, or lift whole museums’ worth of priceless historical works from protected archaeological sites. Even when they had more money than they knew what to do with, the two Barreaus were addicted to the thrilling excitement of their chosen lifestyle, and became renowned for their expertise among the criminal underground. The Syndicate made extensive use of their services, sending the husband and wife duo around the world from Mesopotamia to Iraq in search of unearthed treasures, often with an entire team at their disposal. However, it was on one such expedition that tragedy would befall the small family.

Dealing with the mystical and unexplainable was nothing new for the Barreau’s – indeed it was part of the appeal in their line of work. Their aptitude for acquiring rare and noteworthy artefacts made them valued partners for the Syndicate. Thus, when the criminal empire came across rumours of an ancient tomb bearing a mystical talisman in Egypt, the couple were provided with flight tickets and an excavation team before they had even finalised price negotiations. It only took a scarce few days to unearth the worn, sandstone pyramid. Untouched for millennia, the structure beckoned for the couple with the promise of discovery and adventure, and they wasted no time in assembling a team to begin to explore its darkened tunnels. Unfortunately, they would never re-emerge.

An earthquake, practically unheard of in the seismically stable region, caved in the entrance and even triggered a sink-hole that swallowed up much of the dig-site’s machinery. Days passed before a rescue operation could be mounted, and by the time personnel made it back into the tomb, all they could find were the twisted, mangled corpses of the earlier expedition – along with the unconscious figure of Annette lying motionless beside her parents. Normally that would be the end of it, but the rescuers were shocked to discover the pair of wings that had grown on the young girl’s back. Word of the finding spread quickly, and Gencore was quick to seize upon the opportunity for a new test subject. With the proper replacement body found to remain in her stead, Annette was whisked back to America where she remained comatose in a Gencore laboratory. There, the company discovered that the artefact which they had been seeking – a small, carved figuring of a beetle – had somehow ended up inside of the girl and latched itself irremovably to her spinal cord. Deliberations were made on how to proceed, with a slim majority electing to try and surgically extract the artefact for further study. The CEO of Gencore himself was called in to attend the operation, but before they could proceed, Subject VA: 231 escaped.

Leaving the facility, and indeed the company, in ruins, Shard’s escape drew CADMUS to the covert site. Picking through the ruins of the research centre, the operatives came across a frightened, confused Annette. Taken back to the government agency for study, Annette remembers nothing about her past life or her parents apart from brief flashes. She has largely been taken in and raised by a group of scientists within the Research Division who have been trying to decipher the source of her powers while teaching her to use them to their fullest. Since it became public, CADMUS has also discovered a use for Annette as a brutally effective field agent. She may not be subtle or precise, but she has often been called in when a blunt instrument needs to be applied to a troublesome problem.

Starting Location: Ithaca, New York (Although I’m thinking of having her be assigned to the team hunting Iron Owl if that’s okay with everyone involved?)

Last edited by Bentus on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 pm

CADMUS is Commonwealth's or Cyberiad's bailiwick, as is Gencore.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 pm

New Neros wrote:-snip-

ACCEPTED

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

House of Judah wrote:
New Neros wrote:-snip-

ACCEPTED

Thank you! I shall begin posting, what direction is Vanguard heading in? If you'd like, could you telegram me some basic info of the organization so I can better understand Titan's placement and role as a field operative?

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Bentus wrote:Phew, here's the app. Please note that I have not received House of Judah's permission for using Gencore yet. I'm going to send off a TG to ask for permission now.

Application

Character Name: Annette Barreau

Alias: Subject VA:178 (“That sounds so ugly! How about Pixie instead?”)

Appearance:

Personality:
At first glance, the wide-eyed Annette appears friendly and forthright. She is usually polite and displays a childish curiosity for the world around her, eager to explore and discover the wider world whenever CADMUS sends her out on a mission – supervised of course. She has been told that confidence is important when meeting new people, but more often than not she will act shy when caught off-guard, lacking in experience when interacting with people she’s never met. Her carefree, open nature causes Annette to come across as naïve, almost blissfully so. But in reality she is one of CADMUS’ most dangerous agents, alongside the likes of VA:231.

Annette’s curiosity makes her sadistic, her naivety makes her cruel, and her powers make her a monster. She seems to have no understanding of collateral damage and CADMUS has given up on instructing her to bring targets back unharmed – finding that she as often ends up accidentally killing her quarry as not. Agents assigned to her have resigned or requested transfers, citing PTSD or excessive stress from observing her actions and seeming disregard for human life. Many have gone as far as to accuse her of insanity.

Powers:
(Links provided are a guide, the wiki page powers are - as a rule of thumb - more powerful than Annette's actual powers)
  • Mosquito Physiology
    Annette’s modified physiology grants her a number of enhanced traits when compared to a regular human. The most noticeable of these is her ability to fly thanks to the pair of wings protruding from her back. In addition to this, she is exceptionally agile in a fight, able to move and react more quickly than her opponents may expect. She is also able to effortlessly climb walls and see in the infrared region of the spectrum. Coupled with a small pair of antennae, this latter ability grants her noticeably enhanced senses that can help her in a pinch.
  • Blood Empowerment
    Consuming blood increases Annette’s strength and powers. The effects don’t last long, but she becomes faster, stronger and more durable when she consumes a sizable quantity of the vital, life-giving fluid. The health and strength of the individual whose blood she consumes also contributes to the increase in her capabilities.
  • Resilience
    Although Annette isn’t especially durable, especially compared to other Superhumans, she can recover from grievous injuries unnervingly quickly. Blunt force trauma in particular won’t keep her down for long, although more extensive harm requires her to consume blood in order to heal. This power goes as far as to allow for the regeneration of severed limbs, although even Annette doesn’t know that yet. This also by no means makes her invincible, and enough damage done quickly, or preventing her from gaining access to a supply of blood quickly, would cause her to die from her wounds.
  • Insect Manipulation
    By far Annette’s most powerful and terrifying ability is the control she wields over insects – although a more accurate description would be much of the wider arthropod family. Spiders, beetles, centipedes, flies, mosquitoes and more can be bent to her will and made to serve her. While this does require the expenditure of energy and effort on her part, she is rapidly improving through practice in her capabilities. In addition to this, she can seemingly increase the abilities of insects under her control (to a degree) allowing them to pose a real threat to her opponents. Furthermore, given time and focus, Annette can infest an individual with her insects, gaining limited control over her victim’s motor functions – although she has no way to influence their mental state or thoughts.
  • Insect Generation
    This is Annette’s most uncontrolled and limited power. To an extent, CADMUS’ researchers have determined that she is able to create new forms of insects. Hypothetically, they reason, she should be able to do so from her own biomass, but so far she has only been able to create mutant creatures with the assistance of CADMUS’ own research division in carefully crafted experiments meant to test her capabilities. It remains to be seen if the researchers’ expectations truly lie in the realm of possibility.

Drawbacks:
  • Cold Blooded:
    Annette’s insect physiology comes with its own downsides, chief among them being her cold-bloodedness. Her body’s ability to maintain its own internal environment has been reduced compared to a normal human and that has left her vulnerable to changes in the temperature. She is especially weak in colder environments and will suffer from the onset of hypothermia long before it would normally be expected.
  • Blood Sucker:
    While blood can enhance Annette’s powers and abilities, she needs a supply of the liquid simply to survive. Often she finds herself drawn to the substance when hungry and can be driven to great lengths to feed if she is starved.
  • Blissfully Naive:
    Raised in captivity for much of her life – with the time before that missing from her memory – Annette is ill-equipped and inexperienced in the wider world. Everything from social interactions to simply getting around is difficult for her and while this isn’t a huge challenge given CADMUS’ guiding hand whenever she is outside of their facility, her naivety can even creep into her fighting style. While she may have enhanced senses, she may not be able to determine the nature of what she detects, or her curiosity may drive her to seek out an unknown rather than avoid it or prepare.

Origin of Powers: [Enhanced/Gifted] A magical stone talisman in the form of a beetle that is now latched onto her spinal cord, essentially merging itself with her biology. The efforts of CADMUS’ research division have helped Annette’s body embrace the parasitic artefact and have allowed her to increase her abilities.

Bio:
Annette’s parents were proud members of the wealthy echelons of high-class society. Both of them had been born into money, but had made a name for themselves as a ruthless, business-savvy team. In spite of this formidable reputation, they remained stubbornly tight-lipped about their private life, and a few well-placed bribes ensured that the media knew better than to pry. Her mother ran one of the most successful fashion companies in the world, while her father maintained a profitable stake in a sizable banking firm. However, these roles were largely covers for their shared passion in life: treasure hunting.

The wealthy and powerful are inevitably intermingled with the shadier sides of society, and the Barreaus were no different. They travelled the world on behalf of their clients, buying, stealing and selling priceless commodities and artefacts beneath the noses of the appropriate authorities. They could move entire collections of stolen art without being caught, or lift whole museums’ worth of priceless historical works from protected archaeological sites. Even when they had more money than they knew what to do with, the two Barreaus were addicted to the thrilling excitement of their chosen lifestyle, and became renowned for their expertise among the criminal underground. Gencore Labs made extensive use of their services, sending the husband and wife duo around the world from Mesopotamia to Iraq in search of unearthed treasures, often with an entire team at their disposal. However, it was on one such expedition that tragedy would befall the small family.

Dealing with the mystical and unexplainable was nothing new for the Barreau’s – indeed it was part of the appeal in their line of work. Their aptitude for acquiring rare and noteworthy artefacts made them valued partners for Gencore. Thus, when the megacorporation came across rumours of an ancient tomb bearing a mystical talisman in Egypt, the couple were provided with flight tickets and an excavation team before they had even finalised price negotiations. It only took a scarce few days to unearth the worn, sandstone pyramid. Untouched for millennia, the structure beckoned for the couple with the promise of discovery and adventure, and they wasted no time in assembling a team to begin to explore its darkened tunnels. Unfortunately, they would never re-emerge.

An earthquake, practically unheard of in the seismically stable region, caved in the entrance and even triggered a sink-hole that swallowed up much of the dig-site’s machinery. Days passed before a rescue operation could be mounted, and by the time Gencore’s personnel made it back into the tomb, all they could find were the twisted, mangled corpses of the earlier expedition – along with the unconscious figure of Annette lying motionless beside her parents. Normally that would be the end of it, but the rescuers were shocked to discover the pair of wings that had grown on the young girl’s back. With the proper replacement body found to remain in her stead, Annette was whisked back to America where she remained comatose in a Gencore laboratory. There, the company discovered that the artefact which they had been seeking – a small, carved figuring of a beetle – had somehow ended up inside of the girl and latched itself irremovably to her spinal cord. Deliberations were made on how to proceed, with a slim majority electing to try and surgically extract the artefact for further study. The CEO of Gencore himself was called in to attend the operation, but before they could proceed, Subject VA: 231 escaped.

Leaving the facility, and indeed the company, in ruins, Shard’s escape drew CADMUS to the covert site. Picking through the ruins of the research centre, the operatives came across a frightened, confused Annette. Taken back to the government agency for study, Annette remembers nothing about her past life or her parents apart from brief flashes. She has largely been taken in and raised by a group of scientists within the Research Division who have been trying to decipher the source of her powers while teaching her to use them to their fullest. Since it became public, CADMUS has also discovered a use for Annette as a brutally effective field agent. She may not be subtle or precise, but she has often been called in when a blunt instrument needs to be applied to a troublesome problem.

Starting Location: Ithaca, New York (Although I’m thinking of having her be assigned to the team hunting Iron Owl if that’s okay with everyone involved?)

Hey, I really like this character. A lot.

That being said, if you want any sort of interaction, I could possibly have my secondary character find you and try to liberate you from CADMUS by trying to "open your mind" to what CADMUS is doing to mutants.

Super cliche, I know, so if you don't wanna use that as a plotline it's perfectly okay.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Judah, you are doing a great job Accepting apps.

Yotie, I'm going to need a precise power list or a list of spells that you can pull from for combat(if you need a spell for a story arc, ask me first).

Bentus, Gencore labs is one of my lore creations that I have not flushed out yet. They will be better explained at a later date. They are not to be confused with Omega Horizon Corporation, they are a research branch of CADMUS pending Commonwealths descision. Gencore labs would not need treasure hunters, their name is the conjunction of Gene and Core: Gen-core. They are not a company in the traditional sense and they will have a role in a later thread.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Collab post between myself and IOTA coming up.

Let's just say Blackwood won't be rolling alone anymore. Setting up a non-official faction that, I don't think, is gonna actually go onto paper, since the Chosen Ones are already the go-to mutant superiority faction.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Cyber, by the way, would you mind adding my new character to the roster? She got posted a while back.

Here's the link.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 pm

OP -

If you would like some help coding for newly accepted apps, I'm available to help.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Attention: EVERYONE

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 pm

I have gotten lost in posts, so I need everyone to go check the OP post (found Here).

If you do not find your ACCEPTED character in the table located in the middle of the post, please telegram me with the character's name and a url to the post page. That way I can easily get back on top of everything.

Also, I may close the sign ups soon due to the overwhelming interest this thread has gotten. If we close the thread we will not allow anyone else to join, but I think we have an awesome assortment of characters to make this awesome! :)

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:OP -

If you would like some help coding for newly accepted apps, I'm available to help.

-Talc
Cerrania wrote:Cyber, by the way, would you mind adding my new character to the roster? She got posted a while back.

Here's the link.
Cerrania wrote:Cyber, by the way, would you mind adding my new character to the roster? She got posted a while back.

Here's the link.

Wow, ask and you shall receive, amiright?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Talchyon wrote:OP -

-Talc

If you are up to it I would be forever grateful.

plus, Iota and I are co writing a post for The Artisan's extraction if you want :)

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:I have gotten lost in posts, so I need everyone to go check the OP post (found Here).

If you do not find your ACCEPTED character in the table located in the middle of the post, please telegram me with the character's name and a url to the post page. That way I can easily get back on top of everything.

Also, I may close the sign ups soon due to the overwhelming interest this thread has gotten. If we close the thread we will not allow anyone else to join, but I think we have an awesome assortment of characters to make this awesome! :)

What about my Mercenary though??? :(
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Sup. I arrive with an app!

"I always win"

Character Name: Jack Tassiter

Alias: Victory

Appearance: http://imgur.com/vPMs7Z9

Personality: Confident. Kind. Well thought out.

Powers: Path to Victory: Jack has the ability to see the "Path to Victory" in just about any situation. He asks a question and his power supplies the step by step plan for accomplishing it. Be it something as simple as threading a needle to something more complex like flying a jet, his power will show him how to do it.

Drawbacks: The power works best when given a specific task. Eg "How to tie my shoe?" "How do I win this fight?" Vague questions. Eg "How do I fly?" "How do I build a vehicle?" Will be given vague answers that while will technically give him what he wants, it might not be the way he wanted. Eg asking how to fly will result in the power showing him the easiest and safest way: Buy a plane ticket. He also can't ask it to do impossible things. Eg asking how to turn a piece of paper into a functional laser gun just isn't going to work.

Origin of Powers: Mutant

Bio: Jack was born and raised in Texas. And ever since he hit puberty, he couldn't help but notice that his "instincts" and hunches were always right. When in school, despite not having studied a day in his life, he maintained perfect grades. Mastered many sports and video games, and kept both of his parents happy. Throughout his childhood, he couldn't help but feel that everything was "too easy" because of his instincts. It was almost impossible for him to lose, and as a result, life was dull and boring. So one day he asked his power to "give me something that will challenge me." The power answered with a completely odd step: "Get a blood test." Thinking nothing of it, Jack went ahead and got his blood drawn despite his distaste for needles. It was a few days after when he saw several vans pulling up to his house and suddenly he had a sinking feeling in his gut that his "instinct" was actually a power and that he was going to be in serious trouble. His parents were making a ruckus, but they were obviously no match for several men with guns.

Jack, however was another story. He knew that mutants got a bad rap as it was, and he didn't want to make things worse. So he asked his power how to get through the men and escape without killing any of them. The power's answer was to sneak out the window and make a run for one of their vans. One of which still had a driver. Jack made it halfway to the van before the driver freaked out and called the rest of the armed men to come outside and capture him. The driver in his panic, forgot to lock the door, and allowed Jack to open it, instinctively asking his power how to knock someone out with a single punch, and got his reply: An uppercut. One unconscious driver and one stolen van later Jack was speeding along major highways, his power showing him how to driver like an expert despite not having a license. He was mad at himself for asking his power to challenge him, and NOT giving it the details on specifically how he wanted to be challenged, but he figured that there was no going back. It was time to forge his path and wage war against CADMUS with the power of victory at his side.

It was obviously harder than it seemed. Even with his power helping him out, he had far more close calls than he would have liked, and with each one, kicked himself for demanding that his power give him something that would actually make him have to put in this amount of effort. It was several months of being on the run before he realized that he should ask what exactly should he do to fix the mess? His power led him to finding, and joining the Vanguard to show them the Path to Victory.

Starting Location: Dallas Texas

Faction: Vangaurd

Additional info: He doesn't know how to play chess, but has never lost a game of it since puberty.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse