NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: Tempest Rising (DC/Superhero/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 am

Eraus wrote:
Aaron Darklynn
Dark Tower, Sub-Level A

University owned warehouse, what would cause somebody to break into that? He thought has he prepared himself

Aaron had heard of all the other incidents but from the looks of it. It seemed that one of them had already gone to shit, some government agent in a armored suit caused a fire fight at the Art Museum which usually a normal person would avoid firing bullets towards a building filled with priceless art....but Aaron knew not to expect much from a government agent.

He'd recently heard of the breakouts of Joker and somebody called "Hyena"....hoping that Batman would deal with the joker before he'd have to step in. Aaron decided to ignore the bank robbery, he didn't want to deal with all the possibly officers that could be there.

Aaron wanted to see what was in that warehouse and why somebody would steal it. To him it seemed like an easy job, not too much interference from the police or others.

After finally putting his suit on Aaron jumped on his bike. He'd use his entrance into the subway system to get him closer to the warehouse after which he'd surface and hopefully not for long

Gotham University Warehouse, South Gotham
The guard at the gate heard the bike coming far before he saw it. It was a loud disruption in an otherwise quiet area of the city. Most of the warehouses in this area of the city had been abandoned within the last forty years, of course, about a hundred years ago when the university first purchased the warehouse it was much busier. Fearing for the worst after the events of the night before, he radioed the other guards on duty.

"Someone on a bike is coming down the road towards the warehouse section. There is no one expected. Stay alert. If you don't hear from me in the next ten minutes, call the police."

Soon the bike's headlight became visible. It was approaching at quite rapid speed, but the gate was down. If the fool didn't slow down he'd run right into it. The guard hollered out the approaching rider.

"Hey, you, fool! The gate is closed! You need to slow down! This is a prohibited area! The gate is closed! Slow down!"
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Wip

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Officer Caldwell
After waiting a short time, the Commissioner spoke. "Seeing as there aren't any questions, everyone is dismissed. Be careful out there, there are probably things going on tonight if any of you want to head out on patrol." Everyone nodded as the briefing ended. As Caldwell made his way to the main entrance of the GCPD, intending to leave, he stopped as he heard some of the background conversation. "The First Bank of Gotham was robbed not long ago, and a call came in about a missing painting at the Museum of Art." That was the gist of what he heard, he decided to head out at that time.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Nightwing
Batcave
1:49

Coming back to the Cave was nostalgic to say the least. The central computer, the Batwing, everything seemed exactly the same as when he left.

"Good, you're here." He heard that familiar voice behind him. Dick took off his eye covers to turn and see his former trainer.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world. Glad to be back." Dick said with a smile on his face. He was asked if Alfred had already spoken to him about tonight's events. Being that he just arrived, Alfred only said a few words to him, "Master Wayne will be here soon. It's good to see you again, Master Grayson." It wasn't much, but he could feel Alfred's heart in it. He missed him.

"I'm assuming you didn't call me back for just an evening chat? I'm ready for this." He said after Bruce had filled him in on the situation around Gotham. Seemed like everything was coming out of their hidey-holes to agitate the Dark Knight. He could only imagine the stress Bruce was under, how it was settling on his body. Could have been why he brought Nightwing back.

"Not to mention last night, at one of the warehouses belonging to the university... a delivery was missed and the guard found tied up in the back. Might not seem like much compared to all this and I don't want to send you on a goose chase... but my gut tells me it was something more than a simple robbery, Dick. I want you to check it out. I'm going to pay a visit to the bank."

With that, Dick put back on his eye cover.

"And to think, we might actually wait 'till morning. If crime doesn't sleep, right? I'll keep in radio contact. Lemme know if you need backup at the bank at any point." He said, walking to the parked Nightcycle. He climbed on, kicked the engine on and sped off up the ramp, where the opening slowly lowered, allowing just enough room for Nightwing to pass through.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Hyena
Atop the Gotham City Division of the Daily Planet

"Time to dance with devils in the pale moonlight!" the monstrous beast cackled before leaping, planting his claws deep into the concrete of the building, allowing to effectively run down the wall.

In a matter of moments he was bursting through a window, the screams of the employees filling his ears. With a smirk the Hyena's massive paw reached to a holster, taking out a gun as the beast ordered everyone to stay calm and most of them would leave with a smile on their faces. Hyena looked over the crowd, as if observing cattle. Finally, in the blink of an eye the Hyena had a woman's arm in his free paw. A scream escaped her lips, only to be silenced by Hyena's furry forearm.

"Now then, go ahead an call the police. I'll be waiting." he said, smirking.

As soon as the call was made Hyena holstered his gun and leaped out the window in one swift, fluid movement. He dug his claw into the side of the building, climbing to the top.

Bat-Slayer
The Gotham Skies

"Bat-Slayer," came a voice from dispatch, "We just had a call-in of an armed kidnapping. The assailant matches the description of Hyena."
"Who is this 'Hyena' anyway?" Calhoun asked.
"Let's just say be glad you have two massive guns on your arms. Good luck." he said.

Bat-Slayer through the air, listening as the dispatch sent out a call to all units, giving them the same message that Calhoun was given. He learned that he would be going to GDP, one of the worst newspapers in his humble opinion. As he flew, Calhoun began to think on what dispatch had sad. He should be glad he had two massive guns? What kind of rogue was Hyena? He'd be finding out soon.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Monroe was bringing down the last of the equipment when he saw a night guard poking around his car. It was a familiar face that he wasn't well acquainted with. The guard turned around hearing Monroe behind him. He immediately reached for his radio, suspicious of the masked man. "There is a suspicious person in the parking lot, looks like they took a faculty vehicle. Requesting back-up." the guard shouted as he reached for his Taser.

"Jerry, was it? I really wish you hadn't done that." Monroe groaned as he set down the delicate equipment onto the pavement.

"Stand down sir, This is the property of Gotham University. Now Identify yourself!" Jerry demanded, with the laser dot of the Taser trained on Monroe.

"They called me Mad Monroe, saying I shouldn't tinker with DNA to this extent," Monroe answered as he tore off the surgical mask. "But you can now call me Doc Splicer, master of genetics." he introduced himself advancing on Jerry. His monstrous features coming into the light, a scaled face and mouth full of sharp teeth.

"Dr. Arthur Monroe? What the hell happened to you?" Jerry asked as he backed up against the car, recognizing the former teacher.

"I got better," Monroe replied as he felt the Taser stun his body, suddenly erasing his composure. His rational mind or what was left of it was suppressed by a primal fight instinct. Monroe hissed as he tore the Taser leads from his chest. Rushing forward he grabbed Jerry by the neck and squeezed with his claw, slowly Jerry fell limp bleeding out from the lacerations produced by the claw or asphyxiated by the strength of the grip. With the threat passed, Monroe slowly came to his senses. What had he done? He had no choice, did he? No time to think, time was of the essence, Jerry had informed someone of his presence and now there was blood on his hands, it was time to go. Monroe packed the last box into his now bloodstained car and sped off away from Gotham University, not knowing where to turn.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Gotham University Warehouse, South Gotham
The guard at the gate heard the bike coming far before he saw it. It was a loud disruption in an otherwise quiet area of the city. Most of the warehouses in this area of the city had been abandoned within the last forty years, of course, about a hundred years ago when the university first purchased the warehouse it was much busier. Fearing for the worst after the events of the night before, he radioed the other guards on duty.

"Someone on a bike is coming down the road towards the warehouse section. There is no one expected. Stay alert. If you don't hear from me in the next ten minutes, call the police."

Soon the bike's headlight became visible. It was approaching at quite rapid speed, but the gate was down. If the fool didn't slow down he'd run right into it. The guard hollered out the approaching rider.

"Hey, you, fool! The gate is closed! You need to slow down! This is a prohibited area! The gate is closed! Slow down!"

Aaron Darklynn

Aaron stood far enough away that he could shout towards the man. "My bad dude, I didn't know this was a prohibited area....Just looking for a cool place to ride the bike is all"

He said before riding back in the direction he came from. Aaron would need to hide the back somewhere off the road in a secluded area and walk to the side of the warehouse.

From what he saw they seemed on edge and that was not a good sign, He would need to sneak in and investigate what had been stolen without alerting the guards. This at first glance seem like far too much work for Aaron but he was in need of a bit of practice, and if they went sour....a few guards would be left with a mean headache when they next wake up.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Jack Gordon / Observer

"So, Bank, or the Museum of Art?" as he checked down based on the reports in GCPD so far. Hmm, not quite a lot. He went to the rooftop and waited for the helicopter to showed up. His helicopter for transportation, and he also asked for more intelligence reports. "Hmm, the reports said that the bank robbery was caused by...The Riddler? Fascinating. About the Art Museum...hmm, apart from the stealing, nothing more."

"Alright, let's head out to this Museum of Art, first. While I know Waller wants the Riddler, I think she would be more interesting on whatever happened at the Museum of Art,"

Jack Gordon / Observer
Museum of Art

Was a bit too late. Nothing sort of anything strange on sight. Perhaps he was wrong-

"Sir, we have found something on the sky!" which he looked at. Gotham City's Division of Daily Planet was attacked by something came from the sky. Or someone. Bloody, hell. "GCPD also reported in to be on their sight as well!"

"Alright, I'll going there now. Prepare the sniper rifle for me."

Asterdan wrote:Hyena
Atop the Gotham City Division of the Daily Planet

"Time to dance with devils in the pale moonlight!" the monstrous beast cackled before leaping, planting his claws deep into the concrete of the building, allowing to effectively run down the wall.

In a matter of moments he was bursting through a window, the screams of the employees filling his ears. With a smirk the Hyena's massive paw reached to a holster, taking out a gun as the beast ordered everyone to stay calm and most of them would leave with a smile on their faces. Hyena looked over the crowd, as if observing cattle. Finally, in the blink of an eye the Hyena had a woman's arm in his free paw. A scream escaped her lips, only to be silenced by Hyena's furry forearm.

"Now then, go ahead an call the police. I'll be waiting." he said, smirking.

As soon as the call was made Hyena holstered his gun and leaped out the window in one swift, fluid movement. He dug his claw into the side of the building, climbing to the top.

Jack Gordon / Observer
Near Gotham City's Division of Daily Planet

"Alright, I'm closing in, this sniper rifle on hand might be good enough to hit. What's the situation inside?" asked him to his intel giver, someone in Waller's employment with eyes covering the Gotham City. Just for the occasion of picking out potential recruitments. "It killed employees inside, and now he's on the top!"

"He's on...wow."

The sight of such creature, or man-creature. It certainly gave him slight feeling. "Alright, steady!" as he pointed the sniper rifle to this...thing. "Prepare the extraction team for this one. I fired something to it!" as he fired his sniper rifle to this thing on the top.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Hyena

The bullet tore through Hyena's shoulder, causing him to first let out a shriek of pain, which soon turned into maniacal laughter, reminiscent of the Joker. He smirked as he let the woman go, stranding her atop the globe of the Daily Planet and turning towards where the bullet had come from. Rubbing his shoulder, wincing with pain as he felt the hole caused by the bullet, he began to laugh as he ran and jumped, his strength sending him across the street below and to the building across from the Daily Planet, where he dug his claws into the building and quickly began ascending.

As Hyena climbed, Bat-Slayer landed on the roof of the Daily Planet, grabbing the woman and taking her to safety before lifting off and finding the Hyena. Raising his arms, he began to fire the two miniguns at the creature.

"What the hell is this thing?!" he called into GCPD dispatch.
"I take it you found Hyena?" a voice replied.

The bullets followed Hyena up the wall. He growled as he noticed Calhoun behind him, and quickly decided now would be a good time to disappear. He used all of his strength to jump up and to the side, moving faster than Bat-Slayer could move his arms. Within a few minutes Hyena had disappeared into the shadows, where he would hide and nurse his wounds.

Lucas Calhoun ceased firing, activating his night vision and surveying the area. That's when he saw the man with the sniper rifle. Bat-Slayer, curious, began to fly towards the man.

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

The bullet tore through Hyena's shoulder, causing him to first let out a shriek of pain, which soon turned into maniacal laughter, reminiscent of the Joker. He smirked as he let the woman go, stranding her atop the globe of the Daily Planet and turning towards where the bullet had come from. Rubbing his shoulder, wincing with pain as he felt the hole caused by the bullet, he began to laugh as he ran and jumped, his strength sending him across the street below and to the building across from the Daily Planet, where he dug his claws into the building and quickly began ascending.

As Hyena climbed, Bat-Slayer landed on the roof of the Daily Planet, grabbing the woman and taking her to safety before lifting off and finding the Hyena. Raising his arms, he began to fire the two miniguns at the creature.

The bullets followed Hyena up the wall. He growled as he noticed Calhoun behind him, and quickly decided now would be a good time to disappear. He used all of his strength to jump up and to the side, moving faster than Bat-Slayer could move his arms. Within a few minutes Hyena had disappeared into the shadows, where he would hide and nurse his wounds.

Lucas Calhoun ceased firing, activating his night vision and surveying the area. That's when he saw the man with the sniper rifle. Bat-Slayer, curious, began to fly towards the man.

Jack Gordon / Observer

"He escaped, let's-" he stopped at once. He's too far, this thing...this creature. He went away, but the bullet hit. Surely, he could tracked them down. But that's a waste of time, when he could've been at another place. Someone flew to him, he noticed. The helicopter steadied, and he stood up, laser rifle on hand.

"Sir, it's a friend," said his intel. "Friend? What do you talking about?" he confusedly asked. "That is Lucas Calhoun, sir. Bat-Slayer. A friend of ours, the same government side, but in a different unit?"

"Ah, him. He was here, too? Alright, stand down, people," the helicopter flew closer until he could at least saw the man. "Bat-Slayer! We meet again!" he loudly yelled to the person who flew towards him.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham
01:30

Officer Douglas sat at one of the desks, coffee in hand. Before him was a potrait of some old dead guy, probably one of the founders. "You picked the wrong city for a secure bank, buddy." He said aloud to the painting. The Riddler was not the first to have robbed it, nor would it be the last. The Joker had done so multiple times, and then there was Clayface, Penguin, and Two-Face had hit it twice. The security guards at this bank saw just as much action as the cops, he thought to himself.

A dark figure looming over him made Douglas jump, almost spilling his coffee. "Gah, it's just you. Ever heard of walking in like a normal person? My guards at the entrance didn't even know you were coming."

"Tell me the situation." Batman asked, scanning the room. The ease in which he got past the police was worrying. This was meant to be a crime scene.

"Somebody came to check on the vault a few hours ago, and found the whole thing empty. Alarms must've been disabled, and they sneaked out one of the back entrances without anybody seeing them, cameras got nothing either." The officer explained.

"Perfect crime. Except for the one cryptic clue screaming at us in the face." A small part of him took a satisfaction in beating the Riddler's little games. His compulsion to leave these clues certainly helped, particularly in cases like these when the man was smart enough to ensure there was otherwise no evidence. He was a genius held back by one fatal compulsion.

"Cryptic alright. None of us have been able to make any sense of it, it's just a box that won't open."

Waiting for a worthy adversary before showing his hand, perhaps? "Take me to it." Officer Douglas nodded and guided Batman down the halls of the bank, who noted to himself any flaws in security as he passed. It was a good thing Bruce Wayne didn't keep his money here.

Upin opening the vault, however, the two were in for a surprise. "Woah. Who the hell's this?!" The cop reached fast for his sidearm, pointing it at the thing in green. "Who are you and how'd you get in?"
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 am

Yaana Noore wrote:-SNIP-

Marc Spector
Moon Knight

Moon Knight swung around, his white cape flowing behind him. Drawing a crescent moon dart from his belt. But almost jumped out of his skin, he hadn't heard the second person. Of all people it was Batman, and a cop. He lowered his stance slightly, ready to move or throw the dart if the cop fired. Moon Knight looked at Batman, motioning to him and showing him the card he'd been analyzing.
"Came to check out the bank, heard there was a robbery, didn't expect them to take everything. Found the card here, haven't had much of a look around yet."
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:24 am

Jack Gordon / Observer

"He escaped, let's-" he stopped at once. He's too far, this thing...this creature. He went away, but the bullet hit. Surely, he could tracked them down. But that's a waste of time, when he could've been at another place. Someone flew to him, he noticed. The helicopter steadied, and he stood up, laser rifle on hand.

"Sir, it's a friend," said his intel. "Friend? What do you talking about?" he confusedly asked. "That is Lucas Calhoun, sir. Bat-Slayer. A friend of ours, the same government side, but in a different unit?"

"Ah, him. He was here, too? Alright, stand down, people," the helicopter flew closer until he could at least saw the man. "Bat-Slayer! We meet again!" he loudly yelled to the person who flew towards him.

Calhoun looked down at the man in the helicopter, flying close to the door and looking into it. After a few seconds he recognized the man, Jack Gordon. The two had worked together long before Lucas had donned the armor and become Bat-Slayer. It was back when Calhoun was in the military. The two had met in Iraq and had crossed paths in Afghanistan and Syria before Lucas retired and returned home to Gotham City.

"Jack? What the hell are you doing in Gotham?" he asked his old ally, wondering how he had gotten posted in Lucas' hometown.

Bill Weld 2020

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Asterdan wrote:
Jack Gordon / Observer

Calhoun looked down at the man in the helicopter, flying close to the door and looking into it. After a few seconds he recognized the man, Jack Gordon. The two had worked together long before Lucas had donned the armor and become Bat-Slayer. It was back when Calhoun was in the military. The two had met in Iraq and had crossed paths in Afghanistan and Syria before Lucas retired and returned home to Gotham City.

"Jack? What the hell are you doing in Gotham?" he asked his old ally, wondering how he had gotten posted in Lucas' hometown.

Lucas Calhoun. Man of the year, medals hunter (some said he did), but served overseas in so many missions more than him, ironically despite his position as a special forces, it was no longer Cold War and thus fewer operations. To be honest he was surprised that Calhoun was here as well. Perhaps Waller put a second person in case he's too sympathetic? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. Who knows.

"Got a mission, Lucas. I was assigned by the director of my agency, Amanda Waller. We want to recruit some potential people here. In fact, those thing I shot at is going to be one of the first to be recruited for our...you know, black ops operations. What about you? Hunting some villains here back in Gotham?" he went along with him. Perhaps with the same level of secrecy they could be more or less be revealed on the motives.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 am

Asterdan wrote:

Lucas Calhoun. Man of the year, medals hunter (some said he did), but served overseas in so many missions more than him, ironically despite his position as a special forces, it was no longer Cold War and thus fewer operations. To be honest he was surprised that Calhoun was here as well. Perhaps Waller put a second person in case he's too sympathetic? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. Who knows.

"Got a mission, Lucas. I was assigned by the director of my agency, Amanda Waller. We want to recruit some potential people here. In fact, those thing I shot at is going to be one of the first to be recruited for our...you know, black ops operations. What about you? Hunting some villains here back in Gotham?" he went along with him. Perhaps with the same level of secrecy they could be more or less be revealed on the motives.

"Convinced the military and government to get involved with the sky-rocketing crime rate here. Helped design this armor, and they gave me Kill-on-Sight orders for all supervillains. Thankfully that counts for the Bat and his friends if they get in my way." Calhoun replied, smirking under the helmet, "So, the rumors are true then? Your the new Squad captain?"

Lucas kept in touch with some of his old comrades, and when you were as high-ranking as Jack Gordon or Lucas Calhoun, and associated with people of similar rank, info and intel got around. Lucas looked at the man, taking him in. He hadn't changed a whole lot since they last met, just a bit older.

"And that 'thing' is apparently pretty dangerous. Did you get a good look at him?" Calhoun asked, "He looked a lot like Joker."
Last edited by Asterdan on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Weld 2020

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham
01:40

Batman tensed, preparing to shove Douglas aside as he saw the man draw a weapon --some sort of dart? Interesting-- before noticing the him ease up slightly when his eyes fell upon the Bat. Not with the Riddler or here to kill him, then. Yet.

He stuck a hand out, lowering Douglas' weapon for him, "I got this." Batman said firmly, waiting for the officer to leave before watching back for the man to lower his dart. After he did, Batman approached him. "Had to take something big, or it might not have been brought to my attentions. This wasn't just a robbery though, just a part of the Riddler's game." He strode past, picking up the green box with its infamous purple question mark. "And here's my clue."

He hesitated to open it, very aware of the other person standing in the room beside him. "We haven't properly met before, Moon Knight."

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Bone
The decision to visit the White Spider club was the best decision Bone had made all night. Not only was had he the opportunity to order imported Smirnoff of the finest variety, but the girls were good to him here, and he could organize a very private dance with the pretty blonde he fancied. They had both just scored a run of cocaine as he sat down in a leather chair in a backroom and she began to dance.

The slow, dark, sorrow of a string orchestra informed Lewis Ferryman of the coming phone call on his prepaid cell. Prepaid cells were the best way to communicate with people in this day and age since pay phones had disappeared, and it was quite amazing how nice some of the better models were. Caller ID immediately recognized the number: THE BOSS. With hesitation, he answered the phone and waved her off.

"This is Bone."

"I need you to do something for me," the a deep voice with a heavy bravado responded on the other line.

"Yes?," Bone answered, trying but not altogether successfully hiding his annoyance.

"Go to Minerva Printing, a man I have entrusted to let you in."

"Minerva Printing? Isn't that in North Gotham? I'm at the White Spider in South Gotham, does it need to be done tonight?"

"Fool! I care not for your mortal pursuit of the fairer sex! I have tasked you with a mission and you will obey!" the voice answered, heavy with rage, and then hung-up abruptly.

"God damn it! What a prick! Who does he think he is? I gave up enough of my personal time in the home!" Bone exclaimed to himself as he stood up and pushed the chair over in rage. Within ten minutes he was out of there, going north in a black SUV on the main highway through Gotham and listening to Wagner. About forty minutes later he arrived at his destination, telling his driver to simply circle around, this would be done shortly.

Briskly he walked in the front door of the businuess, setting off a bell that during would indicate a customer's entry though it obviously was after hours. A very old man stood on the inside next to a copier.

"I took the opportunity to wipe the hard drive on the computer," the man stated in a feeble voice.

"How the hell do you know how to use a computer, Gramps?"

"Charming. So you're the "skull faced shade" sent to take this papers then?"

Bone frowned.

"Papers? What type of papers? Personalized messages signed written by the other freak."

Bone's frown became an expression of rage.

"I don't take kindly to 'freak'," he growled.

"I don't take kindly to Gramps," the old man replied without any change of expression.

"Whatever. Messages to who?"

"Everyone or most everyone. There are a few left out because... you know... they won't exactly play nicely with others."

"You mean--"

"Yes, a real rogue's gallery."

"Did he not think I could do it alone?!"

"Look, they all say basically the same thing: tomorrow, twilight, Atlas Construction Vehicle Yard."

"And will he be there?"

"No, but your friend will."

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Asterdan wrote:

"Convinced the military and government to get involved with the sky-rocketing crime rate here. Helped design this armor, and they gave me Kill-on-Sight orders for all supervillains. Thankfully that counts for the Bat and his friends if they get in my way." Calhoun replied, smirking under the helmet, "So, the rumors are true then? Your the new Squad captain?"

Lucas kept in touch with some of his old comrades, and when you were as high-ranking as Jack Gordon or Lucas Calhoun, and associated with people of similar rank, info and intel got around. Lucas looked at the man, taking him in. He hadn't changed a whole lot since they last met, just a bit older.

"And that 'thing' is apparently pretty dangerous. Did you get a good look at him?" Calhoun asked, "He looked a lot like Joker."

"Ah, must be good thing with that new armor," he chuckled at the idea. Whatever that means, Lucas is so much good person that he is willing to spill in some secrets since he actually did the same time. "You also hunt the Bat and his friends? Good god, it's like we have much thing to be done! I also want a good look at one of Bat's friend, Waller wants him apparently."

"Yeah, I'm the new captain. Though Waller is smart enough to make more than just two squads at the same time. I'm just looking for new people, supervillains just not loyal enough, you know?" Old intels go all around.

"That 'thing' has some Jokerized mask, now that I remember about it. Do you think it has something to do with Joker, or with one of the richest men in this city? Heard about this Monopoly Man, The Penguin, and even the so-called playboy known as Bruce Wayne. They may have a role in this one."

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:-SNIP-

Marc Spector
Moon Knight

Moon Knight put the crescent shaped dart back on his belt, relaxing slightly.
"Didn't know the Bat knew I existed. But must say, I'm honoured. I've been over in St Roch until recently. Everybody's heard about you though."
He looked over the box, "Heard about the Riddler guy, Nigma or something. I personally think he'd be a bit more successful if he didn't try and play this game."
He looked back outside the vault, making sure the officer hadn't returned. "Didn't think you'd be buddy-buddy with the cops. Met their armoured friend at the art museum."
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Riddler Hologram- Gotham Bank

Before their conversation continued, the clue box activated itself, projecting a hologram of the Riddler in the center of the vault. "Greetings detective! It is I, you ultimate rival and intellectual better, the Riddler. I see my little heist caught your attention, as expected." Before he went on, Nygma noticed there was another caped freak standing next to the Bat.

"Oh, what's this? Have you finally realized that my intelligence is so overwhelming that you had to call for help? Or is this another little sidekick you've taken under mammalian wing? It doesn't matter, you could call in as many people as you'd like and you still wouldn't be able to beat me this time. I have devised the ultimate plan to defeating you Batman, it's only a matter of time now."
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 am

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham
01:43

"You fly around the city in a moon-shaped helicopter. Of course I know who you are, even if you only did come here recently. He and Alfred had originally thought the man to be a criminal, considering he did not shy away from killing. However with further research on what Moon Knight was doing in Gotham, as well as his previous work in St. Roch, it would seem that this man was a crime-fighter, primarily street-level.

"If you judge every criminal's methods based on how successful you think they would be otherwise, you don't understand this city." Experiences with the Riddler and the Joker taught him, it was not just about the crime. A robbery or a murder were easy tasks for them. They wanted, perhaps needed, to play a grand game, one where they could outsmart Batman. "I for one think you would be more successful dealing with the cops if you didn't kill those that they were trying to arrest."

At that moment the box sprung into life, opening up and projecting an image of the Riddler, which Batman then placed upon the table. It began like a generic Riddler opening message; he is Batman's greatest foe, intellectually superior, etc. Though his acknowledgement of Moon Knight caught his surprise, he had expected it to be a pre-recorded message. "Skip the grandstanding, where's what you stole?"
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 am

Asterdan wrote:

"Ah, must be good thing with that new armor," he chuckled at the idea. Whatever that means, Lucas is so much good person that he is willing to spill in some secrets since he actually did the same time. "You also hunt the Bat and his friends? Good god, it's like we have much thing to be done! I also want a good look at one of Bat's friend, Waller wants him apparently."

"Yeah, I'm the new captain. Though Waller is smart enough to make more than just two squads at the same time. I'm just looking for new people, supervillains just not loyal enough, you know?" Old intels go all around.

"That 'thing' has some Jokerized mask, now that I remember about it. Do you think it has something to do with Joker, or with one of the richest men in this city? Heard about this Monopoly Man, The Penguin, and even the so-called playboy known as Bruce Wayne. They may have a role in this one."

"Penguin or Monopoly Man maybe." Calhoun replied, "It'd be a stretch to say Wayne has some hand it this though. But Jack, I was right up next to it, I can promise you one thing; It wasn't wearing a mask. That was it's face. Look, I've got to get back to my patrol, there's something going on at the bank that I need to check out. Keep an eye out, and watch your back in this city."

Lucas saluted the soldier and flew off, heading towards the Gotham City bank. Calhoun thought about the Hyena, deciding he would have to do some investigating back at GCPD, once he had the time of course. In just a few minutes Bat-Slayer was standing outside of the First Bank of Gotham, stepping through the doors and walking towards the vault.

He could hear the voice of Riddler and... Batman? Crap, this was going to be a long night. Calhoun walked into the vault, seeing all those who were present. Looked like a team-up was going to be taking place.

Bill Weld 2020

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Nightwing

Nightwing had arrived, placing his bike in a strategic area where it would be hidden and still of use if he needed it. With ease, he was able to sneak past the guards, away from the eyes of any in the area and breach the warehouse.

"Bats? I'm at the warehouse. What am I supposed to be looking for? I got desks, tables, chairs, science equipment, big science equipment and some junk covered up by burlap sacks."

Nightwing looked around the huge pitch black room, using his nightvision and detective mode on his gauntlet to examine fingerprints, serial numbers, and other anomalies that couldn't be found by the human eye.

"Nightwing." Said a voice on the other end of his earpiece. The voice was identified as Firebrand's.

"Now's not a good time. I've got-"

"He captured Tarantula. Blockbuster set a trap for her. I didn't get there in time."

"He won't kill her. He wants me. Don't go after him alone. I'll call up a few old friends and see if they can help me out. I can't do anything right now, you know that. I gotta go." Dick said as he hung up.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Futrellia wrote:
Nightwing

Nightwing had arrived, placing his bike in a strategic area where it would be hidden and still of use if he needed it. With ease, he was able to sneak past the guards, away from the eyes of any in the area and breach the warehouse.

"Bats? I'm at the warehouse. What am I supposed to be looking for? I got desks, tables, chairs, science equipment, big science equipment and some junk covered up by burlap sacks."

Nightwing looked around the huge pitch black room, using his nightvision and detective mode on his gauntlet to examine fingerprints, serial numbers, and other anomalies that couldn't be found by the human eye.

"Nightwing." Said a voice on the other end of his earpiece. The voice was identified as Firebrand's.

"He captured Tarantula. Blockbuster set a trap for her. I didn't get there in time."

"He won't kill her. He wants me. Don't go after him alone. I'll call up a few old friends and see if they can help me out. I can't do anything right now, you know that. I gotta go." Dick said as he hung up.

The police had done a through search before, leaving little evidence behind of the crime, but for all their training and investigation, they still had missed a piece of evidence. Under a pallet near the loading bay was a single shard of purple glass, no doubt from which deep analysis could reveal much. The police had collected the rest of the shards, but there was still enough that someone could analyse it should they find it.

The guards were no where to be seen. Figuring it was unlikely someone would rob the same place twice in a row, they sat in the backroom smoking away the night. Someone had approached the warehouse earlier but had since left. This left the ledger on the main desk of the warehouse exposed and unguarded. Inside it, someone had clipped a handwritten note with the following written upon it:
Experimental Van De Graaf Generator: Not Recieved
555-523-4432

There were some finger prints at the scene but mostly smudges and nothing damning, but there was what appeared to be some type of boot print made by a heavily treaded boot only available under ultraviolet scanning.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Asterdan wrote:

"Penguin or Monopoly Man maybe." Calhoun replied, "It'd be a stretch to say Wayne has some hand it this though. But Jack, I was right up next to it, I can promise you one thing; It wasn't wearing a mask. That was it's face. Look, I've got to get back to my patrol, there's something going on at the bank that I need to check out. Keep an eye out, and watch your back in this city."

Lucas saluted the soldier and flew off, heading towards the Gotham City bank. Calhoun thought about the Hyena, deciding he would have to do some investigating back at GCPD, once he had the time of course. In just a few minutes Bat-Slayer was standing outside of the First Bank of Gotham, stepping through the doors and walking towards the vault.

He could hear the voice of Riddler and... Batman? Crap, this was going to be a long night. Calhoun walked into the vault, seeing all those who were present. Looked like a team-up was going to be taking place.

It's either Penguin or Monopoly Man....interesting. Gotta admit, Wayne probably didn't go that far. He's rich, but not the Luthor kind. Maybe the Queen kind, philanthropic and legal-only businesses.

"That was the face? God, it's worse than we thought, huh? Alright then, gotta go somewhere else too," as Calhoun saluted him first and he saluted back in response. Now, what to do, what to do. Perhaps returning to the Gotham University Warehouse would be great. He dropped off not far from the warehouse, and looked to the direction of the warehouse. No guards on sight.

According to the latest report, all evidences have been collected. The ones needed, of course. It left him nothing but troubles if he insisted on infiltrating. "Alright then, stow me up again, pal."

He was lifted again to the helicopter and now on the scout for the most recent crime. He couldn't show himself at the bank at the vicinity of Lucas nearby, so somewhere else...

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Futrellia wrote:
Nightwing

The police had done a through search before, leaving little evidence behind of the crime, but for all their training and investigation, they still had missed a piece of evidence. Under a pallet near the loading bay was a single shard of purple glass, no doubt from which deep analysis could reveal much. The police had collected the rest of the shards, but there was still enough that someone could analyse it should they find it.

The guards were no where to be seen. Figuring it was unlikely someone would rob the same place twice in a row, they sat in the backroom smoking away the night. Someone had approached the warehouse earlier but had since left. This left the ledger on the main desk of the warehouse exposed and unguarded. Inside it, someone had clipped a handwritten note with the following written upon it:
Experimental Van De Graaf Generator: Not Recieved
555-523-4432

There were some finger prints at the scene but mostly smudges and nothing damning, but there was what appeared to be some type of boot print made by a heavily treaded boot only available under ultraviolet scanning.

Aaron Darklynn
Gotham University Warehouse

"You really shouldn't be leaving your friends out like that bud" Aaron said as he moved closer to nightwing

He'd made his way in and from the looks of it the place was unguarded at least the inside was. "So, you here for the same reason as me huh?"
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse