NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: Tempest Rising (DC/Superhero/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:57 am

Moon Knight

Marc Spector | Steven Grant

Moon Knight was taken aback by Grundy having a level of literacy lots of human goons lacked. And upon realizing that Batman wasn't about to fight the hulking beast, decided to make his exit. He looked skyward, the chopper circling overhead and lowering the rope ladder, which Marc grabbed before the chopper whisked him high into the air. He sailed high over Gotham, now gleaming in the rising sun. And he touched at where the bullet had hit his shoulder, luckily it had gone through, and he'd be able to fix it with a little stitch-work.
He made sure to plot a course so he could drop out of the helicopter over his hideout located downtown and it would continue to off the coast before circling back to the airport hangar in case the Bat had decided to tag along.

The wind whipping at his face was exhilarating as he dropped toward the roof of the low-cost apartment building. And he grabbed his cape, slowing his fall until he landed on the solid concrete roof with a thud. He made sure to buy the top-floor apartment, slipping in through the fire escape located above an abandoned alleyway. Upon entering the small apartment he took a look around in the dim morning light, making sure nothing was moved or touched while he was out. before removing his mask, cape, and costume, changing into some well-worn tracksuit pants and getting to work on his bullet wound.
45 minutes later Marc had cauterized, stitched, and bandaged the wound, before changing into a singlet, with button-up shirt over the top and a light-brown jacket over that, before stepping out into the hall and locking the door.

Marc Spector

Moon Knight | Steven Grant

Marc made his way down the road, bits of litter and trash rolled in the morning breeze, the odd drunk scattered the sidewalk and dogs barked in the distance. It was a typical Gotham day. Marc trudged around the city to the higher-end of town, where store owners were arriving early and day-shift guards were taking over for their nighttime counterparts.
He walked into a high-end apartment block, avoiding any suspicious glances as it was too early for people of this caliber to be up yet. He entered the elevator, hitting the button for one of the top-floor penthouse blocks, walking down the hall, pushing the key into the lock and going in.
He came out about 2 hours later in a full grey suit, with his hair and face washed. Before going down to the garage and driving out in the charcoal black Mercedes-Benz.

Steven Grant

Moon Knight | Marc Spector

Steven stopped the Mercedes at the set for the movie studio, he wandered in, obviously having an argument with the studio head, before marching back out onto the street and down to a coffee shop in the city, getting his coffee and a paper before sitting down to read.
"Fucking corporate system." He muttered under his breath.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 am

Riddler
Gotham Docks

As Riddler was frantically trying to swim away, he felt the water disrupt as something rose from underneath. He looked back to see that Solomon Grundy had come up from the underwater and climbed onto the shrimping boat. 'I don't know why Grundy is here, but I'll certainly take the distraction.' Nygma thought to himself. He kept swimming as Grundy confronted the Bat on the sinking boat. Eventually Riddler made it back to the docks, where he crawled back onto shore exhausted.

After Riddler rested for a while, he made his way back to the van that he originally used to transport the money. In hindsight, he thought, it would have been better to keep the money in the van. As he started the drive back to his hideout, he made a mental note to finish the production on his robot henchmen. The normal breed were a good distraction for Batman since he refrained from killing them, but with all of these new heroes who didn't hold the same rule, it was a waste to hire more cannon fodder. At least with the robots, he wouldn't have to worry about the idiocy of his workers.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 am

Jack Gordon / Observer

Total disaster. Batman, Riddler, and Grundy didn't help matters. And despite the fact that he failed, at the very least his mission is still ongoing. But even then, Amanda Waller herself is slightly worried that she might bite more than she could chew. After all, Gotham is no normal city, the place's very infested with crimes and not in a good way anyway. In any case, he went back and now resided in one of Gotham's hotels, recuperated himself. The VIP suite has been modified into a small base of sorts, his men in the city and based themselves on bases of their own, while he and few of the staffs were here, stationed here.

"Total disaster, I told ya."

"Geez. Batman, Grundy, and this Moon Knight really screwed everyone off!"

And all that shits. Jack need some time alone, perhaps by recuperating in his own room, sleeping.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Gotham Diamond Supply, Shopping Center, Gotham Suburbs
The rev of an engine followed by the tremendous cacophony of shattered glass, metal, and mortar as a large vehicle plowed into the store front. Alarms screeched as men got of the vehicle, an armored car, in security uniforms, and began ransacking through the display cases. Neither spoke a word nor seemed to put much thought into what they were doing. They simply ignored the alarms and shoved as many pieces of jewelry as possible into brown paper sack. It was early enough in the morning that the stores were not open yet and the roads were mostly empty. It would not be long before the police arrived, but the men continued grabbing necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and everything in-between, putting them into bags.

Bone
A Condominium in South Gotham

Sleep was not something Bone was well acquainted with. After a coke binge he might come down hard and pass out for a few hours, but sleep was never in the schedule. Instead of sleeping he sat on the bed of the mid-wealth condominium he owned in South Gotham and stared absentmindedly at the television. A phone call, however, shattered the stillness of the room.

"Bone. We need you to take care of something for us. You know the place, arrive as soon as possible," a burly voice muttered somewhat drunkenly into the phone.

"What is this about?"

"Can't discuss this over the phone."

"Loo- Goddammit, he hung up!"

Bone slammed the phone on the wall and started to get dressed.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

"I try," He said back with bitterness, feeling slighted by Grundy's words. "To protect as many as I can. From things like you, and those that you allow to escape from justice." More will die because of his actions, did Grundy know that? Did it care?

The boat was not going to remain above water for long now. The Riddler has gotten away and Grundy had told him what he knew. There was little else that could be done for now. Batman looked behind him, firing his line launched so that he could return to the docks and solid ground. "Riddler is gone, you don't need to stall us any longer. Get out of here. Kill any of these men and you will be the one needing protection." He promised, before leaving the scene.

Bruce Wayne
Gotham City
Wayne International Hotel Gotham

"I know this looks like simply the the opening of a hotel, and it might not seem much. But this is much bigger than just a hotel. This is about revitalising an area of the city which has suffered ruin and devastation. What this is, is a statement. I am saying to other investors: this is a good area, an unfortunate one, but a place which is deserving of investment and development. This will be both beneficial for the local economy as well as its citizens. Its residents are not deserving of the poor fortune that they have suffered. And I hope I have made a step, even if a small one, towards making it better for them. That's why I am also delighted to announce that a quarter of the rooms here will be used to accommodate some of Gotham's most vulnerable." There was limited applause befitting of a token gesture. Bruce smiled falsely and posted before his company's new building for the cameras, the flashing of the cameras quickly losing his attention as he noticed a silver-haired woman in the crowd.

Wayne stepped down from the podium and the cameras scattered, trying to capture the best shot of the hotel. The billionaire, meanwhile, went straight for the silver-haired socialite awaiting him. "You came." Bruce said with surprise.

"And you look a state." Silver responded in a tone which suggested she was quite uninterested in discussing her appearance.

"Yeah, it's the hangover..." He joked, trying hard to contain a yawn.

She laughed lightly, though the way she looked at him made Wayne feel like she was suspicious of him. "No... trouble in paradise?"

"Why would there be?" He asked innocently.

"Well I don't know whether you read the papers, buuuut you're all over them." He raised an eyebrow as Silver quoted the headline. "'Wayne's latest squeeze spotted storming out of luxurious manor during party'."

"Oh, yeah..." He nodded as if he was only just remembering. "It was after the party actually, not that I expect them to get the facts right."

"Looks like you'll need to find another flame in time for a little gathering I'm having next week."

"I'm sure I can find another in time."

"I'll bet. You go through women like I do cigars."

"I lose interest fast. Most of them are too... disingenuous."

"Is disingenuous a turn-off now? Here was me thinking that you had a type." She smiled coyly.

"I do." Bruce agreed. "But not in that way." His eyes flicked away from Silver, noticing the cameras fixed on the two of them. Time to move. "I'll be there, don't you worry. Maybe I'll bring someone, maybe not. Maybe she'll already be there waiting for me." Satisfied with his parting words, he made his way to the limo waiting for him and collapsed on the seats. "My place." Bruce said, exhausted.

"Rough night, Mr. Wayne?" Said his driver.

"You're telling me." Bruce responded, forcing a smile. Three days without sleep had that effect. He drifted in and out of sleep on the limo, dreaming of bats and cats, clowns and cops. A sharp jolt as the limo pulled to a halt upon reaching its destination brought him back to his senses. Wearily Wayne clambered out of the limo and into his manor, asleep almost as soon as he made it to his bed.

He was in the alleyway. He was fleeing. He didn't know what he was running from, but he knew that he didn't want it to catch him, and that it terrified him.

"Bruce!" A woman's voice pleaded. "Bruce, come here. Please! Come here, and everything will be alright..." He believed her. He wanted to believe her. Bruce turned to face the woman. He'd run to her, embrace her, be safe. Be free. "Quickly..." she was turning away.

The thing was still behind him. He had to be fast. He tried to call out to her, but his voice was but a pathetic whisper. He had to get to her. Needed to run. He tried to as much as he could, but the closer he got the further she went. And the nearer the thing got to him. His breathing became tense as he heard it behind him, feeling panicked. Run and run and run he did, but it was still there, always. He glanced over his shoulder. It was here. It had caught him. Blackness.

His eyes opened. He was in his bed. In his manor. No alleys or assailants in sight. His body felt sore, his hair greasy, and his suit clung to his body with cold sweat. Bruce rubbed his aching head and sat up, noticing the paper at the foot of his bed. A report by the University of Gotham on the psychological effects of a lack of sleep upon the brain. "Alfred..." he muttered, chuckling to himself before throwing it aside. Soon after the butler entered the bedroom, greeting him with a breakfast of bacon, sausage, and eggs. "Not exactly the time for English breakfast is it?"

"Indeed it is not. But I couldn't think of anything better for you." Alfred opened the curtains to reveal it was already dark outside. "The workings of your body-clock continue to bemuse me, Master Wayne."

"I needed sleep, all I know."

"An actual bat sleeps for most of the day, did you know? On average one sleeps for twenty hours and only hunts for four. You meanwhile appear to believe that you only need to sleep four hours every twenty days."

"That's exaggerating it a bit."

"And only a bit." He placed a newspaper down on the bed. 'Wayne's latest squeeze spotted storming out of luxurious manor during party', before opening the next page, a much smaller article beginning with 'Batman Terrorizes Gotham Docks'.

"Oh, fantastic." Bruce growled with sarcasm, taking the paper for himself.

"And I looked into your Moon friend. My, he has quite the colourful history. Exploits in Africa, South America, Mexico, all over the United States... the majority of his early work seems to have occurred in New York and Los Angeles. His appearance is very curious though, as is his name. 'Moon Knight'. A creature of the night just like you."

"Different reasons I think." For a moment Bruce was back in that well, bats swarming over him, and then in his room, bleeding and delirious. Yes father... I shall become a bat. "His appearance is like the moon god Khonsu. Worshiped by the Egyptians..."

"Ah, I see..." Alfred responded nonchalantly, making it clear in his own way that he was already aware.

"We'll have to look more into it. Focus as much as you can on his earliest work in the States, and anything he was doing in Africa. Eastern North Africa in particular."

"Quite the large and nondescript area to be particular about."

"It's the best we have. For now. What about Dick? Grundy? Riddler? Joker?..." a shake of the head for them all. "So much work and so little time... No point wasting it then. I'll suit up and meet you down there." He lifted arms and glanced at the dark patches. "Right after I shower."

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Moon Knight

Marc Spector | Steven Grant

Night had fallen less then an hour ago, but Moon Knight was already on the prowl. Standing atop a building dwarfing the main drag below. He scanned the alleyways, instead finding something interesting on an adjacent rooftop, a couple of guys, no more then 8. Were hanging out with a few firearms and bludgeoning weapons. Moon Knight smirked to himself, a fun job.

He fired the grapple on a nearby building, getting across and making his way toward the 'gang'.
He stood on a connecting building, higher then the small 7-storey apartment block they were hanging out on. He yelled out, "What's going on kids," Before dropping down on top of them, planting his feet on the head of one, breaking his neck. The others practically screamed in panic, Moon Knight landed on the floor and drew his truncheon in one quick move, smacking another kid across the side of the head, knocking him out cold as the force sent him flying into a wall.

He laughed maniacally as they fired their guns, it was the same old story, it was the reason he wore all white. Because once they see you, and know who it is, their hands shake so much they couldn't hit the Moon. Shots pinged around him,
Something felt off about the guns though, they sounded like they had internal suppressors, lacked the beef of real firearms. This was of little concern as he drove his fist, complemented with the long, spiked knuckledusters into the gut of one, turning his flailing body to block the shots before throwing him at one of his friends, knocking him off an elevated garden to the hard concrete below.
He threw two of the Crescent Moon darts at the guys holding guns, one of them took one to the throat, the other got it in his eye, neutralizing both.

The last two were simple, one charged him with a steel pipe, Moon Knight took the hit to his shoulder, laughing as he grabbed the pipe and clubbed the poor guy across the side of the head. The last guy was shaking, crying, looked like he'd pissed himself. Moon Knight approached him slowly, the guy had a panic moment, grabbing a bag and throwing it, "There! That's all the cash we got! Don't hurt me!"
Moon Knight looked down at the bag, back up at the guy and kept walking. In a purely panic moment the kid picked up one of the guns. Moon Knight stopped, "Do it! SHOOT ME!" He yelled, and it echoed down the street, getting lost in the hustle and bustle of people below.
"I can't! They're fake I can't!" The kid screamed, as if begging for his life. Moon Knight approached him, getting close, "You robbed people with fake guns." The man nodded, snot and tears streaming down his face.

Moon Knight paused for a second, before kicking him off the building.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse