NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: Tempest Rising (DC/Superhero/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:22 am

Yaana Noore wrote:-SNIP-

Asterdan wrote:-SNIP-

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

"You're the one with the Bat-shaped plane, if we've got anything in common it's theme loyalty. And on the streets, if you aren't successful you catch a bullet." He crossed his arms, the glowing blue eyes of the suit staring at the Batman.

The box opening almost startled Marc, he spat back at the hologram, "Came here before he even arrived, and on my own."

While Batman interrogated the floating wretch, Marc heard the familiar clank of metal feet. And as he turned around to check he saw the 'Bat-Slayer', the king of ominous names, loud entrances and louder guns, waltz around the corner and into the vault.
Marc drew one of the crescent-shaped boomerang darts from his left gauntlet, and held it ready to throw.
"Hold it big guy." Marc checked the suit up and down, no visible weaknesses present apart from the odd bullet graze from the Art Gallery shootout.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Nightwing
Gotham University Warehouse

Nightwing searched around and finally spotted something farther away, something his tech wouldn't have been able to pick up if he simply skirted around the whole area with a quick search. It glowed bright red due to the sensors in his tech, informing him that it was something very important.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" He said, moving towards the object.

"You really shouldn't be leaving your friends out like that bud"
The voice caused him to jump up into the air and land nearby in a different area, quickly unsheathing the Escrima sticks, electrifying brightly into a swirl of blue static.

"Who the hell are you?" Nightwing said, bending his knees a bit, waiting for this man to attempt to attack him. That seemed the type in Gotham. Batman and Nightwing against an entire army of villains, again.

Out of the corner of his eye, his tech began examining closely a desk, using experimental x-ray tech to find some kind of paper that may have been worth taking a look at.

"So, you here for the same reason as me huh?"
The man said, ignoring Nightwing's previous question.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm here for reasons of my own. Who are you, why are you here, and give me a reason why I shouldn't give you a one way trip to either Blackgate or Arkham Asylum, your choice."
Last edited by Futrellia on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Futrellia wrote:
(Image)
Nightwing

Nightwing searched around and finally spotted something farther away, something his tech wouldn't have been able to pick up if he simply skirted around the whole area with a quick search. It glowed bright red due to the sensors in his tech, informing him that it was something very important.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" He said, moving towards the object.

"You really shouldn't be leaving your friends out like that bud"
The voice caused him to jump up into the air and land nearby in a different area, quickly unsheathing the Escrima sticks, electrifying brightly into a swirl of blue static.

"Who the hell are you?" Nightwing said, bending his knees a bit, waiting for this man to attempt to attack him. That seemed the type in Gotham. Batman and Nightwing against an entire army of villains, again.

Out of the corner of his eye, his tech began examining closely a desk, using experimental x-ray tech to find some kind of paper that may have been worth taking a look at.

"So, you here for the same reason as me huh?"
The man said, ignoring Nightwing's previous question.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm here for reasons of my own. Who are you, why are you here, and give me a reason why I shouldn't give you a one way trip to either Blackgate or Arkham Asylum, your choice."

Aaron Darklynn

Aaron moved closer "Arkham? Well firstly, I'm not criminally insane....at least last time I checked" he said smiling under his helmet.

As he observed the man standing before him looking for what he guess a fight. "Don't really go by a name but...I'm from the being a bad guy. Some ass stole some stuff from this warehouse. I came here to check it out but it seems you're already on that"

Aaron didnt want to let his guard down, he couldn't remember who this person was but he seemed familiar
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:00 am

Yaana Noore wrote:

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham
01:43

"You fly around the city in a moon-shaped helicopter. Of course I know who you are, even if you only did come here recently. He and Alfred had originally thought the man to be a criminal, considering he did not shy away from killing. However with further research on what Moon Knight was doing in Gotham, as well as his previous work in St. Roch, it would seem that this man was a crime-fighter, primarily street-level.

"If you judge every criminal's methods based on how successful you think they would be otherwise, you don't understand this city." Experiences with the Riddler and the Joker taught him, it was not just about the crime. A robbery or a murder were easy tasks for them. They wanted, perhaps needed, to play a grand game, one where they could outsmart Batman. "I for one think you would be more successful dealing with the cops if you didn't kill those that they were trying to arrest."

At that moment the box sprung into life, opening up and projecting an image of the Riddler, which Batman then placed upon the table. It began like a generic Riddler opening message; he is Batman's greatest foe, intellectually superior, etc. Though his acknowledgement of Moon Knight caught his surprise, he had expected it to be a pre-recorded message. "Skip the grandstanding, where's what you stole?"

"Not so fast Dark Knight, you know how this goes. You have to answer my riddles if you ever want to find the money that the good people of Gotham have foolishly trusted this bank to protect. You'll want to pay attention to this one, you'll have a wave of relief if you figure it out. A shrimping boat is at the docks with a lifeboat hanging off the side 5 meters above the water. If the tides rise at a rate of 1.5 meters per hour, how long would it take for the water to reach the lifeboat. That's all you're getting out of me detective, you'll want to hurry before I get bored. Oh, and just so you know, you have a minute before the puzzle box explodes."

Riddler signed off and the hologram cut out. The top panel of the box flipped over to reveal a countdown clock counting down from one minute, barely enough time to disarm it. Back at the warehouse, Riddler just chuckled with satisfaction as his plan was being put into effect. The elaborate trap he had set for the Dark Knight's arrival was in it's final stages. "Hurry up and the money onto the boat, we'll need it ready for our escape." he ordered his henchmen.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Nightwing kept his distance from the man in his suit, he couldn't tell if he was on their side or a villain. Gotham didn't produce many heroes other than Batman and Nightwing. There were a few Robins, including Dick. One died, another became Red Hood, that book has already been closed. There was Oracle, she was once Batgirl, but a bullet ended those dreams. She doesn't have much to do with Bats anymore.

"Look, I don't know what your intentions here are, but I'm already looking into this. You haven't attacked me yet, which I guess is a good sign, but still. Gotham isn't a city that produces a whole lot of Heroes. He made his way over to the evidence he had scanned earlier, sliding his hand under the desk and pulling it to him.

"You're not a villain, I can see that. Typically the villains here shout the word evil to the high heavens. But we can't have two investigators and I typically only work with a select group of people, people who've earned my trust." Nightwing said, keeping his guard up, walking over towards the other piece of evidence, a piece of paper laying on the desk.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Futrellia wrote:Nightwing kept his distance from the man in his suit, he couldn't tell if he was on their side or a villain. Gotham didn't produce many heroes other than Batman and Nightwing. There were a few Robins, including Dick. One died, another became Red Hood, that book has already been closed. There was Oracle, she was once Batgirl, but a bullet ended those dreams. She doesn't have much to do with Bats anymore.

"Look, I don't know what your intentions here are, but I'm already looking into this. You haven't attacked me yet, which I guess is a good sign, but still. Gotham isn't a city that produces a whole lot of Heroes. He made his way over to the evidence he had scanned earlier, sliding his hand under the desk and pulling it to him.

"You're not a villain, I can see that. Typically the villains here shout the word evil to the high heavens. But we can't have two investigators and I typically only work with a select group of people, people who've earned my trust." Nightwing said, keeping his guard up, walking over towards the other piece of evidence, a piece of paper laying on the desk.

Aaron Darklynn

Aaron let out a sign, he could tell his guy wasn't from Gotham. The way he spoke about the city made it obvious, Aaron didn't plan to leave the warehouse empty handed.

"I guess you haven't been in Gotham long huh. Cities filled with a bunch of people trying to stop crimes, which i'd like to say most of them suck at. It's great that i've got a bit of a....advantage if you'd like to call it that."

Aaron paused trying to remember who this man was, It was then he remembered hearing word of a man with the same description and just as Aaron had guess he wasn't from Gotham

"You're night...something, Listen bud. I don't know you, you don't know me but..we came here for the same reason. As you can tell, I'm not here to fight and I'm gonna need to see those papers. I don't care who you want to work with, I've got crimes to solve and i'm not here to try and woo some dude in tights"
Last edited by Eraus on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm

"I grew up in Gotham. I trained with the best of Gotham, I've fought criminals that would make your head spin. I've done things you couldn't possibly imagine. You're right, I don't know you, and I'm not giving you jack. You say you've got crimes to solve, well so do I, and I was here first. Finders keepers, right? Now, step aside, and you won't get hurt."

Nightwing was confident in his words. This guy looked as if he jumped right out of some cosplayer's convention. He was tall, looked formidable, but looks can always be deceiving. Growing up with Batman, he never learned the concept of sharing, and wouldn't start now. He placed the shard in his utility belt's back compartment, setting the paper down on the desk behind him. His escrima sticks still were burning bright blue. He twirled them around himself.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 am

The Warehouse District

Monroe knew there were enough abandoned buildings here where he could hide out in, he had passed the area enough times while storing outdated equipment. He found a nice secluded area that was still relatively intact, though he would need an assistant to get the utilities going again.

Monroe unpacked the last of the equipment that he had borrowed from the labs, he set his sights on the University warehouse, on the old equipment. His car was not large enough for it, an old Geo Spectrum, he would need a larger truck for the major equipment to continue his work.

Why had it come to this, now with blood on his hands the only way to preserve his life's work was to go underground. Nobody would understand how important this was to help society evolve, to transcend the limitations of circumstance. He contemplated as he wiped Jerry's blood off the car with an old rag. The past few days had been stressful with his hasty breakthrough and going disappearance. People would come looking for him after what he had done, so he couldn't go back to his apartment.

He would have to think of how to lay low later right now he needed a few assistants that wouldn't ask too many questions, and at least a plumber and electrician to get his ramshackle lab set up. With a few goals in mind, he drove to East Gotham passing by the University Warehouse.

The Fighting Sailor Pub

Monroe thought the name of this establishment might draw the sort of helping hands he needed. He entered still wearing a trench coat and surgical mask with sunglasses, to avoid identification. He sat down at the bar and ordered a beer, taking the time to collect his thoughts. He found this place loud with the Celtic music and brash personalities, a far call from the quiet lab and classroom he used to find solace in. After all he had been through and done, he needed a quiet drink in a place nobody knew him.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham
01:45

"Unfortunately, yes I do..." He said, listening to the riddle, though on the face of it seemed more like a calculation than a riddle. But the boat rises with the tide... so it could never reach the lifeboat. Nice try. Edward Nigma was a confident man, but he would never disgrace himself with a riddle that's sole 'clue' could he summed up as 'you will never reach me'. The Riddler had already effectively just said that himself, and if that was all, then there would be no point in a riddle otherwise. He might use them to brag, but there was always something for Batman to go off...

His mind turned to the riddle itself. Was the answer in plain sight? If he were to take it more literally then it could mean that the Riddler was at the docks, perhaps even on a boat there. Gotham had claimed to be the 'Shrimp capital of the world' back in the day after all. Better than nothing I suppose.

The stomp of steel boots distracted him for a moment, looking behind to see Lucas Calhoun in his 'Bat-Slayer'. Great. Another one. It was an odd name all things considered, for despite the implication that his job was to kill Batman, he was in fact prevented from doing so. Moon Knight swiftly went to confront him, which was a relief. Let them keep one another out of my way.

His attentions were drawn back to the Riddler at the word 'explode', a timer appearing upon the box. He grit his teeth and snarled with frustration, scanning the IED in preparation to disarm it. Let's just hope the two back there don't interrupt...

"The evidence that the Riddler left behind was an explosive, and his little riddle has no useful answer as far as I can tell." Batman half-lied to the two, making to leave the vault. The Riddler's clue was not utterly useless, though he only had a hunch at this point as opposed to a real lead. He was going to check out the docks anyway of course, hopefully not with Moon Knight in tow or Bat-Slayer attempting to stop him.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:31 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:The Warehouse District

Monroe knew there were enough abandoned buildings here where he could hide out in, he had passed the area enough times while storing outdated equipment. He found a nice secluded area that was still relatively intact, though he would need an assistant to get the utilities going again.

Monroe unpacked the last of the equipment that he had borrowed from the labs, he set his sights on the University warehouse, on the old equipment. His car was not large enough for it, an old Geo Spectrum, he would need a larger truck for the major equipment to continue his work.

Why had it come to this, now with blood on his hands the only way to preserve his life's work was to go underground. Nobody would understand how important this was to help society evolve, to transcend the limitations of circumstance. He contemplated as he wiped Jerry's blood off the car with an old rag. The past few days had been stressful with his hasty breakthrough and going disappearance. People would come looking for him after what he had done, so he couldn't go back to his apartment.

He would have to think of how to lay low later right now he needed a few assistants that wouldn't ask too many questions, and at least a plumber and electrician to get his ramshackle lab set up. With a few goals in mind, he drove to East Gotham passing by the University Warehouse.

The Fighting Sailor Pub

Monroe thought the name of this establishment might draw the sort of helping hands he needed. He entered still wearing a trench coat and surgical mask with sunglasses, to avoid identification. He sat down at the bar and ordered a beer, taking the time to collect his thoughts. He found this place loud with the Celtic music and brash personalities, a far call from the quiet lab and classroom he used to find solace in. After all he had been through and done, he needed a quiet drink in a place nobody knew him.

Zachariah walked into the pub with a huge grin on his face. He managed to get away with the Banshee's Lament, which was stashed at his hideout. He then shouted at the barkeep," Hey Jimmy! Give me a pint of Guinness." The barkeep noded and started to make the pint. Meanwhile, Zach sat down next to Monroe, unaware of the secret that was hidden underneath his thick clothes.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 pm

"You look like you won the lottery," Monroe commented from beneath the surgical mask. He sipped his beer through a straw to avoid having to remove his mask.

"I am on the verge of losing everything, and here I am looking for a few handymen," he said to nobody in particular, verbalizing his unconscious thoughts. He was unaware he was sitting next to a successful burglar, figuring he got lucky at cards or something. Monroe let the alcohol do its work, trying to numb the guilt and ignore a growing headache he had been having for the past few days. He sipped the glass dry with the straw and pushed the glass away.

"I'll have another, Jimmy was it?" Monroe requested, adjusting the itching bandages hiding his claw.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:26 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:"You look like you won the lottery," Monroe commented from beneath the surgical mask. He sipped his beer through a straw to avoid having to remove his mask.

"I am on the verge of losing everything, and here I am looking for a few handymen," he said to nobody in particular, verbalizing his unconscious thoughts. He was unaware he was sitting next to a successful burglar, figuring he got lucky at cards or something. Monroe let the alcohol do its work, trying to numb the guilt and ignore a growing headache he had been having for the past few days. He sipped the glass dry with the straw and pushed the glass away.

"I'll have another, Jimmy was it?" Monroe requested, adjusting the itching bandages hiding his claw.

Zach turned and said to the man and said with a laugh," Something like that." He then said to him," Your looking for employees eh? I would check the back alleys around East Gotham, they usually have people." Zach then pulled out a $100 bill and gave it to the man and said," This should make you feel a bit better."

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:"The evidence that the Riddler left behind was an explosive, and his little riddle has no useful answer as far as I can tell." Batman half-lied to the two, making to leave the vault. The Riddler's clue was not utterly useless, though he only had a hunch at this point as opposed to a real lead. He was going to check out the docks anyway of course, hopefully not with Moon Knight in tow or Bat-Slayer attempting to stop him.

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Moon Knight wasn't planning to stick around long. As Batman left he did too, the light of the almost visible sun casting a heavy shadow over Gotham. He tapped a button on his phone and the Moon-Copter flew over, as he was climbing in he told the computer to get a lock on the Batman's position. He was going to trail him to the Riddler's location, he felt like beating the over-zealous prick himself.
Marc tinted the Moon-copter's visor, the light streaking through the orange sky complimenting the slight drain Marc felt as the moon set over the horizon.
"Come on Bats' lead me to my prize."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm

"Thanks friend," Monroe replied and accepted the money, nodding with gratitude.

"If you might need a geneticist, I'm somewhere in the warehouse district," he added before he took another sip of his beer. Finally some sympathy, perhaps he might repay this kind stranger in the future if his work paid off.

With Monroe's drink empty, he continued his quest to establish a lab off the grid. Spotting a pair of depressed looking men in grey jumpsuits, he approached.

"Gentlemen, would you happen to know where I might find a few skilled laborers in need of some work?" He asked in an unnervingly enthusiastic tone.

"Who want's to know?" the man who was not tall asked skeptically.

"I'm the man who is about to usher in the future," Monroe replied excitedly, gesturing with his hand vaguely into the air.

The two men chuckled to themselves and turned away laughing much to Monroe's dismay.

"Perhaps a little demonstration is in order," Monroe proclaimed as he drew his syringe.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 am

Jack Gordon / Observer
Gotham Docks

Looking over the docks, he reminiscence about the older times of not worrying things like this. Now he has to, of course. Since it's a job and all those shit, but he shouldn't hoped much about this one thing. There maybe less things to do here, but results take time, and the best results take the most time out of the time needed. He observed the current situation at Gotham Docks.

It seems there are crime activity in process. He put on his posture before slowly landing on top of a container. They didn't seemed to noticed him, should be good to gathered evidences for the ones needed.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Bat-Slayer

"This seems a bit too easy..." Calhoun said after Moon Knight and Batman left. Then again, as much as he hated to admit it, the Bat was rarely wrong, "Screw it."

After waiting a few moments, giving the two ample time to get a head start, Calhoun activated the jetpack, flying through the doors and into the air, activating his night vision as he flew. The morning was creeping up on them fairly quickly, and he was certain this was going to take a while. Looks like it'd be a few hours before he got any sleep. His thoughts wandered as he scanned the horizon for the two, finally finding the Batman and the Moon Knight and following them at a distance, hopefully far enough away so as not to attract their attention.

Hyena

"Here it is. I'd recognize this stench anywhere!" the massive beast exclaimed as he opened the door of an old abandoned warehouse.

As he did, the light of the outside world shone on the clown paraphernalia that littered the place. The smell of the one and only clown prince invaded Hyena's nostrils. His fury began to grow as he stepped inside, still nursing his wounds. Hyena slammed the door behind him before scurrying into a corner. He didn't wish to be here any longer than he had to be.

Hyena had come here for two purposes, and these were to rest and heal, and to find some of the Joker's old toys. He decided that the resting and healing were the priority, and so he closed his eyes, sleep drifting over him.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:26 am

Batman
Gotham City
First Bank of Gotham

Leaving without incident was a pleasant surprise, not one that he had expected. Though it did mean that he was expecting to be followed to his next destination by the two instead. Logically there was little reason that they would not have questioned him at the least unless this was the case. Need to lose them before this turns into a traveling circus. Batman swiftly made his way out of the bank to the Batmobile which was waiting outside, calculating the best path in his head. It needed to be one that could get him near enough to the docks that he could make the rest of the journey on foot in good time.

"Alfred, I have a lead. I need to get to the docks. But first I have to lose Moon Knight and Calhoun." He said, figuring this would be done much easier if allowed to work alone. He certainly wasn't feeling in a co-operative mood with a so-called 'Bat-Slayer'.

"And here was me thinking you were making friends." The butler quipped back in a sarcastic fashion. "Very well, am I sending the two on a wild goose-chase?"

"Just keep them away from the docks, any news on Joker or Hyena?" Batman asked. The former would clearly have something planned if he had broken out, it was just a matter of reacting quick enough when the clown showed his hand.

"Of course. Nothing so far, I will keep you informed." Moon Knight relied upon a helicopter, as far as he was aware, and Calhoun on his jet-pack. Losing two airborne pursuers by car? Easy. With a route quickly planned out, he sped off, taking a series of turns and side-streets to complicate the journey moving away from the docks. Let's see how well you know this city. He was willing to bet it was not as well as him.

There had been no update from Dick too far. He tried to suppress any possible concern, expecting that he would get in touch if necessary. The man was a hero in his own right now, he watched over a city himself. Still, he was reminded of the fate of another Robin - former Robin, in a warehouse.

Batman shook his head, banishing the painful memory back to the depths where it belonged. He was approaching the overpass. His chance to lose the two and stop the Riddler.

He jumped out, landing gracefully as the Batmobile raced off into the night behind him. By the time his chasers realised that they were being misguided (assuming they would) they'd already be too far off his trail to find him. He hid in the shadows for a few minutes, just to be sure, before turning west and getting on his way to the docks.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc had a track on the Batmobile, but something was off. He was moving too erratically; obviously attempting to shake either him, Bat-Slayer, or the both of them off his trail. Marc sighed, disengaging the lock and rising into the air to look out over the Gotham skyline.
He thought back to the riddle, although he was occupied with Bat-Slayer it didn't mean he hadn't heard it. "A shrimping boat is at the docks with a lifeboat hanging off the side 5 meters above the water. If the tides rise at a rate of 1.5 meters per hour, how long would it take for the water to reach the lifeboat."
He thought about the riddle, getting a piece of paper from inside the chopper and scribbling on it. "The water can't touch the raft because it moves up and down with the tide. But there's a theme here."
He brought up the Gotham Docks, he didn't know much about Gotham's past but Nigma had spoken enough about boats and water to prompt him to go there.
Marc put the engines to full, speeding toward the Docks, scanning the sky for Bat-Slayer, and the ground for Batman, however unlikely it would be to find him.
The helicopter sat high above the docks, Marc sat inside, searching for any sign of movement indicating that Riddler was there. He made sure the 20mm cannons were primed, ready to mow down any unlucky henchmen who happened to target the chopper.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc had a track on the Batmobile, but something was off. He was moving too erratically; obviously attempting to shake either him, Bat-Slayer, or the both of them off his trail. Marc sighed, disengaging the lock and rising into the air to look out over the Gotham skyline.
He thought back to the riddle, although he was occupied with Bat-Slayer it didn't mean he hadn't heard it. "A shrimping boat is at the docks with a lifeboat hanging off the side 5 meters above the water. If the tides rise at a rate of 1.5 meters per hour, how long would it take for the water to reach the lifeboat."
He thought about the riddle, getting a piece of paper from inside the chopper and scribbling on it. "The water can't touch the raft because it moves up and down with the tide. But there's a theme here."
He brought up the Gotham Docks, he didn't know much about Gotham's past but Nigma had spoken enough about boats and water to prompt him to go there.
Marc put the engines to full, speeding toward the Docks, scanning the sky for Bat-Slayer, and the ground for Batman, however unlikely it would be to find him.
The helicopter sat high above the docks, Marc sat inside, searching for any sign of movement indicating that Riddler was there. He made sure the 20mm cannons were primed, ready to mow down any unlucky henchmen who happened to target the chopper.

The Docks
While Riddler was busy looking over the final details of his trap and monologuing his success, he didn't pay attention the helicopter that came buzzing in. His guards, however, did take note and thought it was pretty suspicious. "Eh, boss, it sounds like something's outside."

"Don't interrupt me you fool. If the Bat were here, he make an entrance. Besides, it should take him at least another 30 minutes to figure out my riddle. It's probably just a news chopper of something like that."

"Okay then boss." The guard said, but he still wasn't convinced. He moved back over to his companions and motioned for them to check it out. They walked outside and searched around only to find Moon Knight's helicopter hovering above them.

"Boss! We got company!" One of them yelled back before opening fire on the helicopter with his fellow grunts.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Bycrest wrote: "Boss! We got company!" One of them yelled back before opening fire on the helicopter with his fellow grunts.

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc took one look at the assaulting guards and knew he'd found his target. The 20mm rotary cannon locked onto their prey and spat deadly lead toward them. Marc quickly tapped into the computer and ordered it to keep firing at visible hostiles, no doubt watching their buddies get turned to mush would make them dive for cover.
Marc leapt from the chopper, and as he descended to the ground he pulled the sides of his cape, it extended and he glided to the ground, taking cover behind a stack of shipping containers.
He looked out over the top of it, knowing the helicopter would give him cover, he fired the grapple from his truncheon and propelled himself toward the nearest grunt.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:09 am

Sterkistan wrote:
Bycrest wrote: "Boss! We got company!" One of them yelled back before opening fire on the helicopter with his fellow grunts.

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc took one look at the assaulting guards and knew he'd found his target. The 20mm rotary cannon locked onto their prey and spat deadly lead toward them. Marc quickly tapped into the computer and ordered it to keep firing at visible hostiles, no doubt watching their buddies get turned to mush would make them dive for cover.
Marc leapt from the chopper, and as he descended to the ground he pulled the sides of his cape, it extended and he glided to the ground, taking cover behind a stack of shipping containers.
He looked out over the top of it, knowing the helicopter would give him cover, he fired the grapple from his truncheon and propelled himself toward the nearest grunt.

The grunts kept firing on the helicopter, more coming out of the warehouse to back up their friends. Having stocked up to fight Batman, one of them came out with an RPG and fired at the helicopter. On the other front, more grunts were getting taking out by Moon Knight. They were a bit surprised that he was actually killing since they were used to the Bat's brand of justice.

One of the grunts radioed in to Riddler, "Boss, we're getting slaughter out here. It's some guy dressing in white and it definitely ain't the Bat. He's killing our guys left and rig--" He was cut off as he was eventually killed.

Riddler sighed with frustration as he was interrupted. "Well I guess I'll have to have fun with Batman's little errand boy, definitely won't be a challenge though. Just in case the Bat does show, I should get ready to take my leave." He pointed to the grunt leader and told him to go get the boat ready. As he was left alone, Riddler just sat in wait for Moon Knight to come bursting in.

RP Sample

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:28 am

Bycrest wrote:-SNIP-

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc had just cut some poor bastards stomach open with the bladed knuckledusters when he saw the chopper take the hit from the RPG. The helicopter immediately went into flight mode, the side of the chopper torn open by the rocket. It shot upward into the air and retreated, the modified Wayne-tech engines strutting their power.
Moon Knight grimaced under the mask,picked up one of the henchman's sub-machine guns and cocked it, stretching out his shoulder which had taken a lucky bullet.
He popped out of cover, firing on any hostiles that got in his way or beating them with the truncheon. And when the magazine clicked empty he pelted the gun at the face of the nearest henchman, cracking him in the nose. Before taking his gun and firing on the goons coming out of the warehouse to back up their mostly, now-dead buddies.
With the last one, Moon Knight fired the grapple from his truncheon, swinging it to wrap around the man's neck, pulling him toward the white-clad nightmare.
"Where's your boss," He growled angrily.
The henchman was fairly young, and scared witless. His shakily pointed toward the warehouse.
"Good choice," Moon Knight beat the kid senseless, carving a crescent moon into his forehead with a knife.
He stomped over to the door. But assuming it to be booby-trapped or have goons with guns on it, he instead opted for a different option. And that just happened to be the wall. He threw himself into it, crashing through and landing shakily on one knee; raising the stolen gun and scanning the warehouse.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:53 am

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc had just cut some poor bastards stomach open with the bladed knuckledusters when he saw the chopper take the hit from the RPG. The helicopter immediately went into flight mode, the side of the chopper torn open by the rocket. It shot upward into the air and retreated, the modified Wayne-tech engines strutting their power.
Moon Knight grimaced under the mask,picked up one of the henchman's sub-machine guns and cocked it, stretching out his shoulder which had taken a lucky bullet.
He popped out of cover, firing on any hostiles that got in his way or beating them with the truncheon. And when the magazine clicked empty he pelted the gun at the face of the nearest henchman, cracking him in the nose. Before taking his gun and firing on the goons coming out of the warehouse to back up their mostly, now-dead buddies.
With the last one, Moon Knight fired the grapple from his truncheon, swinging it to wrap around the man's neck, pulling him toward the white-clad nightmare.
"Where's your boss," He growled angrily.
The henchman was fairly young, and scared witless. His shakily pointed toward the warehouse.
"Good choice," Moon Knight beat the kid senseless, carving a crescent moon into his forehead with a knife.
He stomped over to the door. But assuming it to be booby-trapped or have goons with guns on it, he instead opted for a different option. And that just happened to be the wall. He threw himself into it, crashing through and landing shakily on one knee; raising the stolen gun and scanning the warehouse.

Surprised to the point where he almost dropped his cane, Riddler quickly regained his composure. 'Batman would have never gone through the wall. What is this guy thinking?' He cleared his throat to draw attention and then green lights brightened his position. He was standing in a clear glass box on the other side of the warehouse with seemingly nothing else out of place. He had originally planned a cage to trap Batman if he had come through the front door, but since that was off by a couple meters, it was no use.

"So it would seem that you've arrived hear first, which means Batman is probably nearby. No matter, you aren't Batman so there's no point in wasting such good material on you. You can wait there for Batman to arrive and then we'll get started. Oh, and save the most likely spent ammo for that gun, I am standing in a bulletproof Plexiglas case that is sure to absorb your bullets before you can break it."

RP Sample

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:40 am

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

"Lots of money spent on lighting, waste of time."
He wandered over to the box, traversing carefully to make sure there weren't any traps.
"What's with you and the Bat anyway, you'd probably be better off not leaving clues everywhere."
He took a look at the box, giving it a nice hard kick to test if it was bolted down.
"You put lots of effort into this just for some dude in a white suit to come and wipe out your henchmen."
He jumped up onto the box, sitting down on top of it.
"Let's wait for the Batman then shall we."
He looked down the sight of the gun, firing a few shots into Riddler's green lights and 1 or 2 into the box, before ejecting the magazine and placing it down beside him, fidgeting with one of his razor-sharp crescent moon boomerang-darts while he waited with Nigma for the Batman.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Jack Gordon / Observer
Gotham Docks

It's as seemed that the conflict already started. Jack wasted too many time just sitting there and not doing any interventions, but now is the time for intervention. The warehouse is the target, as he dropped himself from the container and into the land. There are not many thugs left, which of course he did the job with his rifle as he fired it and they were either burned to dead because of the laser, or just ran away. He entered the warehouse, and despite the size of the warehouse, it's coming short on things.

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

"Lots of money spent on lighting, waste of time."
He wandered over to the box, traversing carefully to make sure there weren't any traps.
"What's with you and the Bat anyway, you'd probably be better off not leaving clues everywhere."
He took a look at the box, giving it a nice hard kick to test if it was bolted down.
"You put lots of effort into this just for some dude in a white suit to come and wipe out your henchmen."
He jumped up onto the box, sitting down on top of it.
"Let's wait for the Batman then shall we."
He looked down the sight of the gun, firing a few shots into Riddler's green lights and 1 or 2 into the box, before ejecting the magazine and placing it down beside him, fidgeting with one of his razor-sharp crescent moon boomerang-darts while he waited with Nigma for the Batman.

"It's as if that this city always have supplies for freaks with masks and unique things, don't you thing!?" claimed loudly by Jack in order to make his presence there revealed. Laser rifle on hand, of course.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse