NATION

PASSWORD

Horizon Academy: OOC | Always Open!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Bycrest wrote:Name: Zayne Riddle

Race: Human

Appearance:
(Image)

Powers:
  • Shadow Manipulation- Zayne can manipulate his shadow to take a physical form and use it however he sees fit. He can use it to attack and defend, or shape it into different conventional weapons. Over time, his constant use of his shadow has formed a mental link, which allows his shadow to automatically block incoming attacks if not already preoccupied. Finally, Zayne's shadow can morph into a doppelganger version of him.
  • Shadow Mimicry- Zayne can merge with his shadow to become intangible.

Entrance Exam:
Zayne walked into the exam room where he found the examination robot waiting for him inside. He had already been informed that he was tasked with fighting it and it would have a random ability assigned to it. "They definitely want to keep tabs on our abilities, train us up to be little toy soldiers huh. Well I'll try to give them a good show, but I'm not revealing all my tricks." he said to himself as the robot came to life. Zayne's shadow rose from the ground and wrapped around his arm to form a blade. "Let's see what this walking scrapheap can do."

Zayne rushed forward and slashed at the robot, only for the attack to be blocked by light construct sword. His shadow burned at the touch of the concentrated light, causing Zayne to pull back. "Off course you have light constructs, it's amazing what you can do with technology these days." he complained. He had to change up his strategy, a full frontal assault wouldn't work. I'll just have to create a diversion and then use my shadow to deliver the killing blow. he thought to himself as he tried to figure out a way to put the plan in motion.

Before he could, the robot started shooting orbs of light energy at Zayne, forcing him to start dodging. he dodged the shots in a way that allowed him to circle around the robot, leaving his shadow where he started. When the robot was in between Zayne and his shadow, he made his move. Zayne rushed forward again, keeping the robot distracted, while his shadow move towards its' target on the ground. Zayne broke off his advance just missing a shot from the robot but giving his shadow enough time to jump up and pierce through the robot's chest and then spiking out, ripping up the insides.

Zayne's shadow retreated back to his feet as he started walking out of the exam room. "So, what's next.

Optional!

Dislikes: Annoying people, annoying things, annoyances in general

Tropes:
Last edited by Bycrest on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

United Ymara
Secretary

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Ymara » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Oh. Okay yes. That's perfectly fine. Enhancing weapons and such is totally fine.

Since that was the only problem you brought up with my app is it safe to assume I'm accepted? If so, then does anyone want an incredibly lazy and sarcastic roommate who has more guns than any sane man has a right to?

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 am

Shadowwell wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:
Oh. Okay yes. That's perfectly fine. Enhancing weapons and such is totally fine.

So like, shapeshifting?

I think they are meaning like changing things into another thing not actually changing into said thing.

Also have been struggling to get my characters into this, will try to post soon.

Yes, that is what I mean.
The Greater Vakolicci Haven: Unified, expanding, free

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 pm

He returneth
Name: Felix Malor

Race: human

Appearance: Felix has darkly tanned skin, and stands at around 5 ft 10 in height. His eyes are green and he somehow always fails to get rid of a strangely devious expression, often at the most inappropriate of times. His hair is kept straight, and falls to midway down his neck, and on the whole his body is muscular though he has not made an over-the-top effort to look like a body builder.

Powers:

• Peak human strength/speed/endurance
  • minor mind manipulation (he can implant suggestions and form mental links, the latter only if the other is willing. However, to actually take control over somebody's mind would require months of exposure.)
  • Molecular manipulation:
    Felix is able to change one thing into another, within reason. He finds that his limit is a medium family car, and he cannot change the size of an object. However, he is able to change the ingredients (and thus the density) of it, allowing him to make small holes in walls, for example. He is unable to transform anything with a mind (a combatant including robots), and when he turns something into something with a function (like a gun or a computer) their is a 50 % chance of it not working.

Entrance Exam:

Felix looked at the robot with some disdain, it was just a stupid inorganic drone. If he'd been setting this exam, he'd have had applicants face off against real enemies, like criminals or people he wanted rid of...but that was probably why it was a good thing that he didn't rule the galaxy. He looked at the thing, trying to work out how it might go about attacking him; it didn't seem the strongest robot just a few arms holding a gun and a knife and a weird, square-shaped head which must have been designed to look as little like a human as possible. The gun and the knife would have to go, and after a little expenditure of energy the robot was left holding two jam donuts in a threatening mannor; with tha out of the way he could focus on what its real strength was.
Suddenly, a great weight seemed to press down upon him, and if he hadn't braced himself he'd have been crushed flat to the floor, something that would cost him his entrence exam as well as some broken ribs of course. He battled through it, walking as if he was walking through badly-fitting glue; gravity manipulation he suspected was a rather difficult and draining experience for anything...it couldn't hold up for long.
The sad thing for the robot seemed to be that its gravitational field attacked it just as much as him, consequently they looked to any outside observer like two crouching opponents caught in some strange form of slow-mo...with felix just faster. Though speed would help you kick, when it came to throwing with a leg it didn't matter that much and within a few seconds the robot, a one-trick pony, was on its back flailing and trying to get up...exposing a dent in its armor as it did so. two or three shots later, Felix Malor had passed his exam.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Tropes:

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 am

is my ap OK?

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:05 am

So what's happening with this? The IC has stopped, so I'm a little nervous.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Granis wrote:So what's happening with this? The IC has stopped, so I'm a little nervous.

Well, since nobody has replied to you, I'll write up a post for Polyvrachia.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 pm

RIP rp?

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:RIP rp?

Negatory. I've kinda reached a dead end conversationally with Ethan, so Imma bring Jack into the room to spice things up.

We really do need to advance the story along. I think everyone is settled in now.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:

Negatory. I've kinda reached a dead end conversationally with Ethan, so Imma bring Jack into the room to spice things up.

We really do need to advance the story along. I think everyone is settled in now.

Will attempt to do tomorrow. Will advance into morning for gym. Any objections?

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:

There are still some apps that need to be accepted.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Bycrest wrote:

There are still some apps that need to be accepted.

Correct.

Blitzkeig wrote:Felix Malor

Accepted.

Bycrest wrote:Zayne Riddle

I like. Accepted.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:

I'm just waiting for my character to be accepted.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:17 am

Blitzkeig wrote:
WHYYYY II wrote:

I'm just waiting for my character to be accepted.

Your app was accepted, the post right above.

RP Sample

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 am

Will progress us to next day in my next post! Sorry it took so long, being sick is muy shit.

Speaking of shit, hope everyone is prepared to have theirs kicked in. This school is gonna be rough.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Will progress us to next day in my next post! Sorry it took so long, being sick is muy shit.

Speaking of shit, hope everyone is prepared to have theirs kicked in. This school is gonna be rough.

Where can I start?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 am

Blitzkeig wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Will progress us to next day in my next post! Sorry it took so long, being sick is muy shit.

Where can I start?

Post introductory speech. Finding your dorm room and if you want, meeting up with some other potential class mates.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 am

"Will progress us to next day in my next post!"

Is this still gonna occur?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:07 am

WHYYYY II wrote:"Will progress us to next day in my next post!"

I was waiting for a reply for either Turm or Neko.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:10 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:"Will progress us to next day in my next post!"

I was waiting for a reply for either Turm or Neko.

Working on that reply bossman. I got 10000000000000000000000000 other RPs, school, and a job to blame

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Is anybody else still alive?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:Is anybody else still alive?

Sadly I am sure this is rip.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:25 pm

WHYYYY II wrote:Is anybody else still alive?

Sadly I am sure this is rip.

...Bleh.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse