NATION

PASSWORD

1900 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Elerian wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Jade Khanate
Territory: Central and Western China
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: Reservations will last for 48 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

Considering we already have several other Khanates, I believe we're going to cut off people apply for any more.

Wait, was I before or after the cutoff?
AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Elerian wrote:Algeria and Morocco are French colonies.

I kinda hoped to play as one of them as a "break-away" colony but I suppose that isn't possible, then. :/
Would French Guiana still be held by the Angevin Empire ? If not, would the coastal areas around Venezuela, Guiana and Northern Brazil be available to reserve?
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Victores wrote:
Elerian wrote:
Considering we already have several other Khanates, I believe we're going to cut off people apply for any more.

Wait, was I before or after the cutoff?

Before, but it would be preferable if you would switch to something else since it doesn't make a lot of sense that this many Khanates still exist.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Elerian wrote:
Sanabel wrote:My reservation is not on the roster? How sad.

You were Missouri right?

That is I.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:31 pm

App marker
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Elerian wrote:
You were Missouri right?

That is I.

Can you link me to your reservation app, and I'll fix it right now.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Aellex wrote:
Elerian wrote:Algeria and Morocco are French colonies.

I kinda hoped to play as one of them as a "break-away" colony but I suppose that isn't possible, then. :/
Would French Guiana still be held by the Angevin Empire ? If not, would the coastal areas around Venezuela, Guiana and Northern Brazil be available to reserve?

I suppose you could apply as a resistance movement, but I'd prefer you didn't do that.

French Guiana doesn't exist, so you could go ahead and make a reservation app for that area if you wanted.

Aellex
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Elerian wrote:I suppose you could apply as a resistance movement, but I'd prefer you didn't do that.

French Guiana doesn't exist, so you could go ahead and make a reservation app for that area if you wanted.

Yep, twould be probably tiresome more than funny, honestly.

And good, I shall do that!
Last edited by Aellex on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Elerian wrote:
Sanabel wrote:That is I.

I don't think I ever actually made one. I was simply added to the map on the last thread, and I am still on the current map.

The name is the Republic of Missouri.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Elerian wrote:
Victores wrote:Wait, was I before or after the cutoff?

Before, but it would be preferable if you would switch to something else since it doesn't make a lot of sense that this many Khanates still exist.

I'll make it a Kingdom.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Aellex wrote:
Elerian wrote:I suppose you could apply as a resistance movement, but I'd prefer you didn't do that.

Yep, twould be probably tiresome more than funny, honestly.

And good, I shall do that!

The Acadiens did not go to Louisiana, after talking to a few other players, it seems.

While we have decided that many will have gone to Louisiana, you could take some of them, I would assume.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Elerian wrote:

I don't think I ever actually made one. I was simply added to the map on the last thread, and I am still on the current map.

The name is the Republic of Missouri.

Alright its been updated.

Victores wrote:
Elerian wrote:

I'll make it a Kingdom.

Thanks.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Elerian wrote:
The Traansval wrote:-Snip-

The population of Arabia at the time was like 1.5 Million, I think the most you could ask for is 2 Million.

I added up those of Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Oman and rounded up.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Elerian wrote:
The population of Arabia at the time was like 1.5 Million, I think the most you could ask for is 2 Million.

I added up those of Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Oman and rounded up.

Forgot about those, but even with those added a reasonable estimate would be about 5 million.
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:I don't have the time to read the Arabia app, but what I can say is that historically, the Caliphate was defeated by the Roman-Persian alliance. As such, Islam only spread to parts of Palestina, southern Iraq, and Egypt before the eventual Roman reconquest.

You know, it would be handy if you guys could state this lore.... Cause the closest thing i could find that had anything to do with Arabia was a link to the Roman Reservation, which didn't state shit....

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Elerian wrote:
The Traansval wrote:I added up those of Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Oman and rounded up.

Forgot about those, but even with those added a reasonable estimate would be about 5 million.

Yeah, my finished app will have i at 4.2

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I don't have the time to read the Arabia app, but what I can say is that historically, the Caliphate was defeated by the Roman-Persian alliance. As such, Islam only spread to parts of Palestina, southern Iraq, and Egypt before the eventual Roman reconquest.

You know, it would be handy if you guys could state this lore.... Cause the closest thing i could find that had anything to do with Arabia was a link to the Roman Reservation, which didn't state shit....

The map shows a strong Byzantine Empire, so it wouldn't be that hard to glean that information from that.

The Traansval wrote:
Elerian wrote:

Yeah, my finished app will have i at 4.2

Might want to add in Somalia or something to boost your pop, and you can have 5 you don't have to put it below that.
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aellex
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: Grande République des Amériques et Antilles
Territory: All northern coastal areas of Southern America east of Panama with theoretical control over a lot of the inland behind them as well as the nearby islands of the Caribbean Sea.
*Note: Reservations will last for 48 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Full Nation Name : English: Kingdom of Kallista, Latin: Imperium Callistae
Majority/Official Culture : Latin
Territorial Core :

Territorial Claim :

Capital City : Theodora (Where modern Brasilia is).
Population : 45,000,000

Government Type : Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Militant, Nationalist, Latin Supremacist.
Government Focus : The days of coexistence are now gone. Under a new ideology, those within the empire are expected to live by the principles of Rome, and due to new efforts in industrialization sparking the creation of the industrial system within the nation workers are surrounded by fliers and other such propaganda as they work detailing the glory of Rome and how Callistae shall better work achieve this goal. This is done to achieve status as the sole Roman successor state within the Americas and as such: the military, the state, and the church are the holy trinity within the country.
Head of State : Imperator Cyrus Amadeus
Head of Government : Counsel Aulus Livius
Government Description : The government is structured much in the way of a parliamentary system with the Emperor being the head of state and controlling such aspects as the military in times of war and peace. Below them is the Senate which handles affairs both domestically and foreign and has the ability to recognize religion, declare peace and war, levy taxes, etc. The Imperator assigns and relieves ministers of their duty within the senate and holds supreme control of the military both naval and ground units with a clause allowing that other additions deemed necessary for the defense of the state are to be allocated to the Imperator(I.E an Airforce). This doesn't give the Imperator supreme power however as a military order exist within the state and is a meeting between the Imperator and several high ranking generals to best discuss militant affairs of the country. Further, the senate is open to all within the empire of significant Latin birth(being half born) in which they take a test called the "Permagnum" which assess the intelligence and loyalty to state of the individual before entry within the Senate.

Majority/State Religion : Roman Orthodoxy
Religious Description : Due to previous ties with the Roman Empire the religion of the country is Orthodoxy with a Theodorian Church representing and held as the highest church within Callista.
Economic Ideologies : Industrial Capitalism, limited collectivization
Major Production : Mineral resources, steel production, arms, agricultural goods.
Economic Description : Agriculture is the crux of the economy with the land being able to produce a variety of goods from grains such as wheat and rice, to potatoes and apples. Coffee is the biggest export however and in recent years several factories have constructed both within the mainland and along the coast to fund such markets as arms sales, mineral markers, etc. The factories utilize an assembly line in order to build a sufficient amount of goods in order to fund the growth of the nation.

Tech Level: Over 8000 7

Army Strength :
Active- 100,000
Reserve-150,000
With one of the largest armed forces within the Americas the army acts as the backbone of the country and helps it maintain territorial and political independence and isolation from other neighboring powers and abroad.
Army Weakness : Despite recent efforts in industrializing most the country still remains underdeveloped especially within the deep interior. Further, despite efforts of pushing in railroads to connect all parts of the country the vast size of the Amazon jungle still leaves areas underdeveloped and as such the state must task most of the military to defend these points leaving the army itself as a primarily defensive and continental force.
Naval Strength : The navy like the army is an increasingly industrializing force with modern battleships in the process of being built to protect the homeland itself and if needed act as an attacking force.
Active: 11,000
Reserve: 36,000
Naval Weakness : The navy is significantly smaller when compared to other nations and even other neighboring powers. Further the ship designs of the Callistan navy are smaller compared to other powers to access the shallowest points of the Amazon river. Further, the navy is to act as an almost exclusively defensive force and protect the coast and ports of Callista
Further Military Description :

National Goals : Full latinization, To be seen as a respected power on the global stage, full territorial integrity.
National Issues : Rampant racism towards those not seen as Latin, growing pains of industrialization, pollution, lack of development inland.
National Figures of Interest : N/A(I'd rather create and/or utilize them for the rp proper).
National Ambition/Aspirations : Aspire to the greatness of Rome in her height.

History :
-1508, what would become Callista is founded by the sailor Alexander Bernadus
-1510, "Callista" is coined as the name of the resulting colonies to describe the beauty of the land and the Amazon.
-1545, Treaty of Iconium formalizes Callista as a farming colony of the Eastern Roman Empire
-1555, after ten years and multiple incursions with the natives the governor of the colony with approval from the Roman Emperor begins the "1st Callistan-Native" war, pushing several tribes westward.
-1579, Callista is granted the title of "Overseas Province" By the Eastern Roman Emperor officially making it an Exarchy
-1639, After years of serving as an overseas position the colony is left idle as civil war persist on the home continent, with the Exarch deciding to not choose between Livius or August the shortly lived "Callistan Republic" is proclaimed but holds little sway and is left vulnerable to outside attacks.
-1642, After a few years of independence the Consul, Abraham Theodorus sends letter to August requesting formal aid from the empire. This is granted on the condition that the republic return back under the guidance of Rome, which is granted.
-1650-1689, a series of provocations between the natives and the colonist leads to the Exarch issuing a "Mark of Glory" to those who move out west in an effort to take native land and pacify the area, this leads to a series of wars between the Latin peoples and the Native South American people. Further, during this time is the first time a policy of coexistence is ended in the pursuit of formal Latinization with the Exarchs adopting the motto,"Speak Latin, Think Latin". This further leads to the border of the colony greatly expanding to the river Acantha(Madeira). This brings with it new farmland that increases the number of migrants into the colony, but still being undermanned the Roman Emperor resorts to import of slave labor from Africa to farm the crops within the land namely sugarcane and coffee.
-1690-1700, a series of war expand the colony to its current frontier on the hinges of the Amazon and River Negro leading to a number of natives people being within the empires jurisdiction. Unlike before however the Exarch aims for a policy of co-existence in only utilizing the newly acquired land for resources and farmland.
-1710, bad farming practices and flooding of the Amazon lead to 4yr long starvation period within the colony. Couples by recent wars within the colony both on behalf of the empire and against the natives many colonist begin to grow disatified with the empire's rule over the colony and looking to direct the people's attention towards the empire proper and not his own negligence Exarch Iduma Theodorus begins to unofficially support these growing qualms.
-1741, the people lead under Alexander Amadeus overthrow the Exarch Iduma and crown him 1st Emperor of Callista. This leads to war with the Eastern Roman Empire which sees this as a direct threat to interest in the colony and further insult to the reigning monarch to allow such insurrection. What follows is a ten year long war that sees the colony's capital of Theodora taken by Eastern Roman forces, but this itself doesn't deter the who's emperor Alexander escapes and makes camp in the city of Verbena(Manaus). On their way north the Byzantine troops encounter tough resistance through the Amazon rainforest where the colonist manage to slow down their numbers through small skirmishes through the rainforest. This leads to a series of expeditions into the rainforest in an effort to push out rebel camps who utilize the tactics of the natives their in keeping movement, further some colonist craft their own bows and arrows which they utilize during rainstorms in the forest to great effect, in an effort to avoid their weapons clogging up from rain and water and slowing them down. Despite reaching the city of Verbena, the Byzantine troops are beaten back and are forced to be evacuated by river to the coast. Demoralized the last major battle occurs within the city of Bernadia which leads to Byzantine troops being pushed and almost surrounded within the coastal city, still maintaining a strong naval presence however they manage to board several ships and are evacuated.
-1751, upon returning and seeing the condition of his men the emperor sends and official message to the colonist granting them De Facto independence which is later formalized in the Treaty of Rome.
-1751-1800, upon receiving independence the emperor begins rebuilding the country. During the course many farms were burned down and as a result the major industry of the new country is put at risk. As the country rebuilds itself it looks to new world itself as an outlet to sell its grain as well as its former colonizer, Eastern Rome. Further, to encourage the immigration of Latin peoples within the country Emperor Alexander creates the "Ancestral Supreme" system which states the more Latin someone is the higher they are in society. This was adopted as most the colonist at the time who were educated were Latin, further it was done to bring back the lucrative trade that was supplied by the Eastern Roman Empire. Those who were descendants of Rome proper were given the highest position with those with who were once under Roman rule(i.e France, Spain) were given secondary positions. This system also proved beneficial to some slaves as their descendants who happened to be half Callistan automatically qualified within the highest position in society and as such were able to receive proper education. During this time too the revenue gathered from selling agricultural goods was utilized to build a professional military and navy to work in the defense of the country.
-1820-1860, During this period the country slowly begins its transition from an agricultural nation towards a industrial nation. With the vast amount of farmland present along with a climate suitable for all types of vegetables and fruits, the state looks to utilize this in selling its goods. Further, the emperor at this time Empress, Valeria Amadeus II during her rule(1831-1860) ushers in mini-golden age within the country by creating stronger ties with Rome Proper(both east and west Rome), creating a more democratic society by allocating more power to the senate such giving them the powers to recognize religion and mandate conscription, spreading the orthodox faith throughout the land, creating treaties with the natives that would see their incorporation into the empire, and after the Great Slave Revolt of 1852 she would partially criminalize that slavery by making it illegal to buy or purchase slaves which would lead to slavery being fully criminalize slavery in 1856. Further she would help spread the Latin language, by passing the Ancestral Supreme system and opening education to those living in the cities, in doing this the Senate made all class taught be done in Latin and no other language with Roman-Callistan history taught throughout in order to promote nationalism throughout the state. Further farmers and their children would be required to spend at least 3yrs within school before returning to their homes. During this period the country to avoid the influence of the outside world continually adopted an isolationist policy through controlled trade by opening certain docks to foreign countries, establishing alliances only with American nation and Rome, and only allowing Rome the privileges of entering the country beyond its ports.
-1860-1870, With Empress Valeria's death in 1860 her son, Cyrus would ascend to the throne. With a more liberal view than his mother he aims to continue to peaceful age that has dominated Callista, but seeing growing changes within the world and his own experience within Eastern Rome itself he sees the importance of industrialization. While having a few factories along the coast before he aims to steer the country within a new direction. Terming what the government has called the "Callisti Renovamen" as after such a period of isolation and controlled trade the country looks to open itself. Throughout adopting economic structures of similar to that of Hansa in government regulated enterprise, modernizing the military by purchasing the bulk of its equipment from Rome, and reorganizing the government system to allow the formation of increased factories and immigrants, Cyrus looks to create a modernized, Latin, European society in the Americas. This however has brought much contention between him and his critics who see him as the bane of his mother's legacy. Many farmers and politicians have rallied against him with rumors of groups of farmers in the west plotting form a movement to create an agrarian republic to either depose or secede from the empire entirely.
-1870-80: Cyrus faces a long series of conflicts brought on by the rapid industrialization of the country. Initially these rebels are pushed from the coast but retreat inwards into the thick jungles of the country. Under advisement of his generals the army is called in to cut off several parts connecting rebel bases. This brings on a period of attrition as the rebels are starved before the army is called into detain or execute those in hiding.
-1870-80: The government begins to sponsor a number of projects to bring about massive industrialization of the country. This involves observers going on tour in parts of the Roman Empire to observe their methods of factory production as well as other areas of the Americas. These methods are then brought back to the nation in which the best are chosen to help the nation industrialize. They are then promptly implemented with companies given incentives by the state to begin production within the country.
-1870-1900: A period of mass revitalization of the military begins. Under the pretense to keep the state independent of growing powers conscription in introduced in order to fund the necessary amount of troops at all times. As the same as what was done in the past equipment in bought primarily from Rome with several military schools as well as those from the times of the colonial era being rebuilt and refurbished in an effort to train future generals in tactics relevant to the state.
-1882: A law passes known in English as "Revival Act", much in the ideology of the of previous years the state looks to push itself into a more Latinized society. Under the law Proper Latin becomes the official language of the state with schools to be taught within the language, all road signs to be written, and all other forms of commerce to be communicated in such.
1885: As the country industrializes many of the nation's resources as well as its agricultural sectors are modernized as new equipment is purchased from western nations in order to increase the number of yields and output. At the same time industrial zones along the coast and inland in bigger cities such as Theodora develop an increasingly specialized market as trade is outside the borders of the empire is looked towards. Essentially looking to trade with bigger nations to fund their need for textiles, coffee, and other such goods.
1890-1900: A second law to the "Revival Act" is introduced allowing the establishment of state sponsored propaganda. Within factories, schools, and cities fliers are put out the by the state that encourages a "Roman" state of mind. This is done to foster nationalism within the country as well as giving inspiration to the people to try and accomplish the impossible acts of Rome: one such act being able to connect it's huge empire something Callistae wishes to do with its railroad network.

RP Examples:
RP Sample 1
RP Sample 2
RP Sample 3
Last edited by Togeria on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Just noticed France has Alsace Lorraine... Fun!

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Hey does anyone have the link to the last incarnation of this RP? It has my old app on it and I'm taking it from it.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Aellex wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Grande République des Amériques et Antilles
Territory: All northern coastal areas of Southern America east of Panama with theoretical control over a lot of the inland behind them as well as the nearby islands of the Caribbean Sea.

If you look at the map it shows that really only Guiana and the Amazons are open, the rest is owned by Brazil or the Azteks.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Togeria wrote:Hey does anyone have the link to the last incarnation of this RP? It has my old app on it and I'm taking it from it.

This one?

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Elerian wrote:
Togeria wrote:Hey does anyone have the link to the last incarnation of this RP? It has my old app on it and I'm taking it from it.

This one?

Yes. Thanks.
Last edited by Togeria on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm

When exactly did the Roman-Persian alliance beat the Arabian Caliphate?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse