NATION

PASSWORD

1900 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Oscalantine wrote:Alongside cybering... dudes, if you are willing to cyber over AH RP, you have issues and I will not criticize you over that...

Well OP, I'm Cybering

What'da ya going to do about it

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:Alongside cybering... dudes, if you are willing to cyber over AH RP, you have issues and I will not criticize you over that...

Well OP, I'm Cybering

I didn't know what cybering meant.

I do now.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 pm

The Traansval wrote:Well OP, I'm Cybering

Cybering in an AH RP? Really? I mean... sure? I do not know how it will be possible, but you go ahead and prove me wrong XDDD

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Well OP, I'm Cybering

Cybering in an AH RP? Really? I mean... sure? I do not know how it will be possible, but you go ahead and prove me wrong XDDD

All hail lord Digit

Lord of the Cyber

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:Full Nation Name : Bosphoran Kingdom
Majority/Official Culture : Greek
Territorial Core : Ukraine
Territorial Claim : none
Capital City : Sevastopoulos (Sebastopol)
Population : 6,000,000

Government Type : Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Conservative, Theocratic, Aristocratic
Government Focus : Industrialization
Head of State : Queen Mytilene IV
Head of Government : Queen Mytilene IV
Government Description : The Bosphoran Government is comprised of two branches:

Executive Branch: This branch of Government is comprised of the Monarch (King/Queen). The Monarch is the ultimate authority in terms of domestic policy, foreign policy, monetary policy and fiscal policy. The Monarch is advised and aided in the execution of the laws of the nation by the Imperial Council, a committee of 12 officials appointed by the Monarch who serve at the pleasure of the Monarch. The Monarch also has veto power over the Assembly of Notables. The Monarch also appoints all magistrates to settle civil disputes and judge criminal cases.

Legislative Branch:This branch of Government is comprised of the Assembly of Notables. The Assembly of Notables is made up of all the aristocrats in the Bosphoran Kingdom and all aristocrats are granted the title of Notable. The Assembly of Notables drafts and votes upon potential legislation, but their decisions can ultimately be overturned or vetoed by the Monarch and/or the Imperial Council.

Majority/State Religion : Roman Orthodox Christian
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism, progressing towards Capitalism
Major Production : Wheat, Olive Oil, Wine
Economic Description : The Bosphoran Economy is still very agrarian, largely comprised of agricultural production. The only exception to this is the fact that in Sevastopoulos itself, there are several very old Banks dating back to the times when the tyrants of Sevastopoulos used to hold in safety the gold acquired by Scythian chieftains (see History).

Tech Level: 6

Army Strength : Professional, Modernly Equipped
Army Weakness : Small
Naval Strength : Large navy
Naval Weakness : Technologically lagging behind the more advanced navies
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : Modernize
National Issues : Most of the economic and political power is still concentrated in the hands of the aristocracy and Monarchy. Massive social and economic inequality is present and the Conservative nature of the government, as well as the fact that it is repressive, means that Revolution may be approaching nearby.
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History :

539 BC: The Athenian Tyrant, Peisistratos (reigned: 561-527 BC) dispatches an expedition to the Crimea to found a strategically important outpost near the already existing colony of Chersonesos. The new outpost is named Sebastea, in honor of Peisistratos.

510 BC: Following the overthrow of Peisistratos' son and successor Hippias and the restoration of Democracy to Athens, several of the former tyrant's associates flee to Chersonesos with all the wealth they can carry. One of them, Patrokles, murders all the others shortly after they reach Chersonesos. He then proclaims himself King of Chersonesos and its domains, which include Sebastea.

509 BC: King Patrokles I (reigned: 510-477 BC), offers free land to prospective colonists. Immigrants come flocking from Athens.

492 BC: King Patrokles I receives a diplomatic delegation from the Persian Empire, headed by the disgraced Athenian tyrant, Hippias, who had sought refuge in the court of King Darius I of Persia. Hippias asks Patrokles to send aid in the upcoming Persian campaign against Athens. Patrokles refuses to attack his fellow countrymen and kicks Hippias out of Chersonesos in a rude manner. Incensed by his Patrokles' rude treatment, Hippias returns to Darius and asks him to punish Patrokles.

491 BC: Hippias sets sail from Sinope with a Persian expeditionary force of 5,000 men. He lands at Chersonesos and defeats Patrokles' troops. As Patrokles watches his palace burn, he flees for Sebastea. However, the Persians are not given time to loot Chersonesos as Patrokles' Scythian allies appear at the last moment. They slaughter the Persians and Hippias barely escapes with his life, returning safely to the Persian Empire empty-handed. Patrokles forms a league with the other Black Sea Greek colonies and they assemble a common fleet.

489-486 BC: The confederated fleet of Black Sea Greek city-states raid Persian occupied Pontus, seizing much gold. Patrokles uses his share of the wealth (quite a large share), to build himself a new palace in Sebastea and to fortify the city as well, fortifying it better than Chersonesos.

478 BC: King Patrokles I convinces his Scythian allies to store their wealth and loot in his palatial vaults for safekeeping. They readily agree to this due to how fortified Sebastea is.

477 BC: Patrokles I dies and is succeeded by his son, Patrokles II (reigned: 477-420 BC).

477-450 BC: Athenian immigration to Sebastea and Chersonesos increases due to the continuous offer of free land and the population increases a great deal during this time.

470 BC: King Patrokles II begins charging the Scythian chieftains a fee for safeguarding their treasure in his vaults. They pay him partly in gold and partly in slaves. Patrokles also begins to make favorable trade deals with Athens and his kingdom becomes a major supplier of slaves to the city.

455-430 BC: King Patrokles II begins to lend money to neighboring city-states. To enforce loan payments, he builds up a professional navy and frequently contracts Scythian tribes as debt enforcers.

430 BC: The city-state of Byzantium defaults on its debts. King Patrokles II is enraged. He dispatches half his navy as well as a large army of allied Scythians to sack them. The Byzantines, hear of his plans and so they reach out to King Artaxerxes I of Persia for aid. This sparks the 1st Debt War (430 BC-425 BC).

425 BC: The hard-fought 1st Debt War ends with the sack of Byzantium by the Scythians. King Patrokles II and his Scythian allies continue to grow incredibly wealthy and also arrogant.

420 BC: King Patrokles II is poisoned at the wedding banquet of his granddaughter by his admiral Dionysos. The treacherous admiral crowns himself King Dionysos I (reigned: 420 BC-398 BC). His first act is to slaughter Patrokles II's family including his granddaughter and her new husband at their own wedding banquet!

420-398 BC: King Dionysos I continues the stable policies of his predecessors reaping massive wealth and continued power and wealth in the Black Sea region. Dionysos adorns Sebastea with libraries, theaters and a sport's arena. He also plants vineyards and olive groves throughout the city and makes their produce Royal property, using an army of slaves to tend them. In 398 BC, he drinks himself to death and is succeeded by his son.

398-360 BC: Things continue largely as they are under King Dionysus II (reigned: 398-380 BC) and King Dionysos III (reigned: 380-354 BC).

354-336 BC: King Dionysos IV (354-314 BC), sensing the increasing instability of the declining Persian Empire, once again takes to raiding the coastal cities of Pontus. Dionysos IV grows wealthy off of the loot.

323 BC: King Dionysos IV travels to Babylon to meet Alexander the Great, the new Hellenic conqueror of the entire world. Unfortunately, Alexander dies by the time Dionysos arrives.

321-319 BC: In the ensuing civil wars throughout Alexander's empire, Dionysos moves his troops into Sinope, Heraklea and Byzantium, occupying those cities.

314 BC: Dionysos IV dies and is succeeded by his son, Dionysos V (314 BC-282 BC).

301 BC: King Dionysos V aligns with Cassander and grants his forces access through Byzantium as they head to battle Antigonus.

300-280 BC: Immigration to Sebastea increases as chaos and civil war continues.

282 BC: King Dionysos V dies and is succeeded by his son Dionysos VI (282 BC-276 BC)

277 BC: King Dionysus VI takes an army and sails to Byzantium to defend it from the hordes of Gauls who are invading the Greek world at this time. He leaves the kingdom in the hands of his sister Euridike as regent for his young son.

276 BC: Dionysus VI falls in battle against the Gauls and Euridike as Queen Regent (276-275 BC).

275 BC: Byzantium falls to the Gauls who sack it. In Sebastea, Queen Regent Euridike is overthrown and imprisoned when the army revolts against her. Her infant nephew, the true heir is tossed out the highest window of the palace to his death and Alexandros, a military commander becomes King Alexander I (275-270 BC).

274 BC: King Alexander I, with the renewed support of the military, sails to Heraklea to put down a revolt. Once the revolt is put down, he marches with speed to Chalcedon. There, he smashes the Gauls and retakes Byzantium from them. He takes up residence in Byzantium and fortifies it, declaring it his new capital. During his stay in Byzantium, Alexander feasts and drinks excessively, growing obese and falling in love with Agathocles an actor.

270 BC: Alexander's brother, Philotaros, declared himself King in Sebastea and secedes from his brother's authority. Alexander having grown obese and out-of-touch with his troops while in Byzantium, is overthrown by his troops, who promptly declare loyalty to King Philotaros (reigned: 270 BC-239 BC). Philotaros invites Agathocles, his brother's lover and murderer to Sebastea for a banquet. When Agathocles arrives, Philotaros has the actor torn apart by two ships.

TO BE CONTINUED...

RP Sample: [[Either a link to a past post, or an example written right here.]]

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)

Yes, the Roman Empire owns Crimea as the Province of Taurica.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Full Nation Name : The Armed Rebuplican Empire of Lymonia.
Majority/Official Culture : Some German-ish, some Eastern European Slovak kind of people. It's a mixture of the two.
Territorial Core : Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus, Poland, Latvia.
Territorial Claim : the Czechs and Slovakia, although neither are really things we care that much about obtaining, we'd still like the land one day.
Capital City : New Spleenpol, real life city of Ergli, Latvia.
Population : 35 million

Government Type : Constitutional Democratic Republic.
Government Ideology/Policies : Nationalist, militaristic, isolationist, libertarian, and Democratic.
Government Focus : Military might and defense, and Police (although our military is our police, but let's not split hairs).
Head of State : Chief of Staff Schmidt.
Head of Government : Chief of Staff Schmidt.
Government Description : essentially America's with different names.

Majority/State Religion : Protestant Christianity.
Religious Description : it's should be known to you.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism.
Major Production : Guns, weapons, etc.
Economic Description : our economy is better than most, but no world controlling force. It's a free market capitalist system that has controlled some aspects as the civil war is happening and the government is attempting to shut down on potential use by the communists (read link)

Tech Level: somewhere between a 7 and a 9 if we are talking ww1 tech as the farthest possible spot.

Army Strength : Lots of soldiers of prime age due to a compulsory system.

Army Weakness : Most are busy with the civil war.

Naval Strength : We have very capable ships.

Naval Weakness : it's pretty small due to a lack of focus in it.

Further Military Description : 1. We have a compulsive service. 2.We are putting a lot of faith into this new 'Plane warfare' we've heard about. 3.Were militaristic, but overall isolationist. It'll take a bit to really get us involved.

National Goals : Become an international superpower, and to get more involved with the Far East and the Americas.

National Issues : we need a few things, first to unite the various people under our flag successfully, incentives for businesses to start in our region, and to stop the civil war currently happening.

National Figures of Interest : John Schmidt, the then current Chief of Staff (our equivalent to president), and war hero. Winning the civil war started Jan 3rd, 1900. (Or still involved if the time falls within the frame of our civil war. Perhaps it could be used as a means to start the war in our timeline?)

National Ambition/Aspirations : being a superpower, especially military or economically.

History : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=fre ... 871850it's actually got our full history. Feel free to disregard the non current stuff or the non applicable stuff.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=409191

#AltDiv Feel free to explain why my application is retarded And why I should be the first libertarian suicide bomber :D
Doobengert wrote:*hic*
lots of people died
*cough and then hiccup, then drinks more out of his empty bottle*
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
-Asheyin, More drunk than he should be
We don't use NS stats unless they'd fit the nation same w/policies
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Freed Lymonia wrote:Full Nation Name : The Armed Rebuplican Empire of Lymonia.
Majority/Official Culture : Some German-ish, some Eastern European Slovak kind of people. It's a mixture of the two.
Territorial Claim : the Czechs and Slovakia, although neither are really things we care that much about obtaining, we'd still like the land one day.

Government Ideology/Policies : Nationalist, militaristic, isolationist, libertarian, and Democratic.
Government Focus : Military might and defense, and Police (although our military is our police, but let's not split hairs).

Economic Description : our economy is better than most, but no world controlling force. It's a free market capitalist system that has controlled some aspects as the civil war is happening and the government is attempting to shut down on potential use by the communists (read link)

Tech Level: somewhere between a 7 and a 9 if we are talking ww1 tech as the farthest possible spot.

Further Military Description : 1. We have a compulsive service. 2.We are putting a lot of faith into this new 'Plane warfare' we've heard about. 3.Were militaristic, but overall isolationist. It'll take a bit to really get us involved.

National Goals : Become an international superpower, and to get more involved with the Far East and the Americas.

National Issues : we need a few things, first to unite the various people under our flag successfully, incentives for businesses to start in our region, and to stop the civil war currently happening.

National Figures of Interest : John Schmidt, the then current Chief of Staff (our equivalent to president), and war hero. Winning the civil war started Jan 3rd, 1900. (Or still involved if the time falls within the frame of our civil war. Perhaps it could be used as a means to start the war in our timeline?)

National Ambition/Aspirations : being a superpower, especially military or economically.

History : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=fre ... 871850it's actually got our full history. Feel free to disregard the non current stuff or the non applicable stuff.

#AltDiv Feel free to explain why my application is retarded And why I should be the first libertarian suicide bomber :D

Rejected. Please leave before I have to use bleach on my own eyes
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:Full Nation Name : Bosphoran Kingdom
Majority/Official Culture : Greek
Territorial Core : Ukraine
Territorial Claim : none
Capital City : Sevastopoulos (Sebastopol)
Population : 6,000,000

Government Ideology/Policies : Conservative, Theocratic, Aristocratic
Government Focus : Industrialization
Head of State : Queen Mytilene IV
Head of Government : Queen Mytilene IV
Government Description : The Bosphoran Government is comprised of two branches:

Executive Branch: This branch of Government is comprised of the Monarch (King/Queen). The Monarch is the ultimate authority in terms of domestic policy, foreign policy, monetary policy and fiscal policy. The Monarch is advised and aided in the execution of the laws of the nation by the Imperial Council, a committee of 12 officials appointed by the Monarch who serve at the pleasure of the Monarch. The Monarch also has veto power over the Assembly of Notables. The Monarch also appoints all magistrates to settle civil disputes and judge criminal cases.

Legislative Branch:This branch of Government is comprised of the Assembly of Notables. The Assembly of Notables is made up of all the aristocrats in the Bosphoran Kingdom and all aristocrats are granted the title of Notable. The Assembly of Notables drafts and votes upon potential legislation, but their decisions can ultimately be overturned or vetoed by the Monarch and/or the Imperial Council.

Majority/State Religion : Roman Orthodox Christian
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism, progressing towards Capitalism
Major Production : Wheat, Olive Oil, Wine
Economic Description : The Bosphoran Economy is still very agrarian, largely comprised of agricultural production. The only exception to this is the fact that in Sevastopoulos itself, there are several very old Banks dating back to the times when the tyrants of Sevastopoulos used to hold in safety the gold acquired by Scythian chieftains (see History).

Tech Level: 6

Army Strength : Professional, Modernly Equipped
Army Weakness : Small
Naval Strength : Large navy
Naval Weakness : Technologically lagging behind the more advanced navies
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : Modernize
National Issues : Most of the economic and political power is still concentrated in the hands of the aristocracy and Monarchy. Massive social and economic inequality is present and the Conservative nature of the government, as well as the fact that it is repressive, means that Revolution may be approaching nearby.
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History :

539 BC: The Athenian Tyrant, Peisistratos (reigned: 561-527 BC) dispatches an expedition to the Crimea to found a strategically important outpost near the already existing colony of Chersonesos. The new outpost is named Sebastea, in honor of Peisistratos.

510 BC: Following the overthrow of Peisistratos' son and successor Hippias and the restoration of Democracy to Athens, several of the former tyrant's associates flee to Chersonesos with all the wealth they can carry. One of them, Patrokles, murders all the others shortly after they reach Chersonesos. He then proclaims himself King of Chersonesos and its domains, which include Sebastea.

509 BC: King Patrokles I (reigned: 510-477 BC), offers free land to prospective colonists. Immigrants come flocking from Athens.

492 BC: King Patrokles I receives a diplomatic delegation from the Persian Empire, headed by the disgraced Athenian tyrant, Hippias, who had sought refuge in the court of King Darius I of Persia. Hippias asks Patrokles to send aid in the upcoming Persian campaign against Athens. Patrokles refuses to attack his fellow countrymen and kicks Hippias out of Chersonesos in a rude manner. Incensed by his Patrokles' rude treatment, Hippias returns to Darius and asks him to punish Patrokles.

491 BC: Hippias sets sail from Sinope with a Persian expeditionary force of 5,000 men. He lands at Chersonesos and defeats Patrokles' troops. As Patrokles watches his palace burn, he flees for Sebastea. However, the Persians are not given time to loot Chersonesos as Patrokles' Scythian allies appear at the last moment. They slaughter the Persians and Hippias barely escapes with his life, returning safely to the Persian Empire empty-handed. Patrokles forms a league with the other Black Sea Greek colonies and they assemble a common fleet.

489-486 BC: The confederated fleet of Black Sea Greek city-states raid Persian occupied Pontus, seizing much gold. Patrokles uses his share of the wealth (quite a large share), to build himself a new palace in Sebastea and to fortify the city as well, fortifying it better than Chersonesos.

478 BC: King Patrokles I convinces his Scythian allies to store their wealth and loot in his palatial vaults for safekeeping. They readily agree to this due to how fortified Sebastea is.

477 BC: Patrokles I dies and is succeeded by his son, Patrokles II (reigned: 477-420 BC).

477-450 BC: Athenian immigration to Sebastea and Chersonesos increases due to the continuous offer of free land and the population increases a great deal during this time.

470 BC: King Patrokles II begins charging the Scythian chieftains a fee for safeguarding their treasure in his vaults. They pay him partly in gold and partly in slaves. Patrokles also begins to make favorable trade deals with Athens and his kingdom becomes a major supplier of slaves to the city.

455-430 BC: King Patrokles II begins to lend money to neighboring city-states. To enforce loan payments, he builds up a professional navy and frequently contracts Scythian tribes as debt enforcers.

430 BC: The city-state of Byzantium defaults on its debts. King Patrokles II is enraged. He dispatches half his navy as well as a large army of allied Scythians to sack them. The Byzantines, hear of his plans and so they reach out to King Artaxerxes I of Persia for aid. This sparks the 1st Debt War (430 BC-425 BC).

425 BC: The hard-fought 1st Debt War ends with the sack of Byzantium by the Scythians. King Patrokles II and his Scythian allies continue to grow incredibly wealthy and also arrogant.

420 BC: King Patrokles II is poisoned at the wedding banquet of his granddaughter by his admiral Dionysos. The treacherous admiral crowns himself King Dionysos I (reigned: 420 BC-398 BC). His first act is to slaughter Patrokles II's family including his granddaughter and her new husband at their own wedding banquet!

420-398 BC: King Dionysos I continues the stable policies of his predecessors reaping massive wealth and continued power and wealth in the Black Sea region. Dionysos adorns Sebastea with libraries, theaters and a sport's arena. He also plants vineyards and olive groves throughout the city and makes their produce Royal property, using an army of slaves to tend them. In 398 BC, he drinks himself to death and is succeeded by his son.

398-360 BC: Things continue largely as they are under King Dionysus II (reigned: 398-380 BC) and King Dionysos III (reigned: 380-354 BC).

354-336 BC: King Dionysos IV (354-314 BC), sensing the increasing instability of the declining Persian Empire, once again takes to raiding the coastal cities of Pontus. Dionysos IV grows wealthy off of the loot.

323 BC: King Dionysos IV travels to Babylon to meet Alexander the Great, the new Hellenic conqueror of the entire world. Unfortunately, Alexander dies by the time Dionysos arrives.

321-319 BC: In the ensuing civil wars throughout Alexander's empire, Dionysos moves his troops into Sinope, Heraklea and Byzantium, occupying those cities.

314 BC: Dionysos IV dies and is succeeded by his son, Dionysos V (314 BC-282 BC).

301 BC: King Dionysos V aligns with Cassander and grants his forces access through Byzantium as they head to battle Antigonus.

300-280 BC: Immigration to Sebastea increases as chaos and civil war continues.

282 BC: King Dionysos V dies and is succeeded by his son Dionysos VI (282 BC-276 BC)

277 BC: King Dionysus VI takes an army and sails to Byzantium to defend it from the hordes of Gauls who are invading the Greek world at this time. He leaves the kingdom in the hands of his sister Euridike as regent for his young son.

276 BC: Dionysus VI falls in battle against the Gauls and Euridike as Queen Regent (276-275 BC).

275 BC: Byzantium falls to the Gauls who sack it. In Sebastea, Queen Regent Euridike is overthrown and imprisoned when the army revolts against her. Her infant nephew, the true heir is tossed out the highest window of the palace to his death and Alexandros, a military commander becomes King Alexander I (275-270 BC).

274 BC: King Alexander I, with the renewed support of the military, sails to Heraklea to put down a revolt. Once the revolt is put down, he marches with speed to Chalcedon. There, he smashes the Gauls and retakes Byzantium from them. He takes up residence in Byzantium and fortifies it, declaring it his new capital. During his stay in Byzantium, Alexander feasts and drinks excessively, growing obese and falling in love with Agathocles an actor.

270 BC: Alexander's brother, Philotaros, declared himself King in Sebastea and secedes from his brother's authority. Alexander having grown obese and out-of-touch with his troops while in Byzantium, is overthrown by his troops, who promptly declare loyalty to King Philotaros (reigned: 270 BC-239 BC). Philotaros invites Agathocles, his brother's lover and murderer to Sebastea for a banquet. When Agathocles arrives, Philotaros has the actor torn apart by two ships.

TO BE CONTINUED...

RP Sample: [[Either a link to a past post, or an example written right here.]]

Also, don't you ever dare to build your history on my territory again.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Freed Lymonia wrote:Full Nation Name : The Armed Rebuplican Empire of Lymonia.

Rejected. Please leave before I have to use bleach on my own eyes

Yeesh man, like there are some fixes needed but all in all this wasn't so bad or an app to tell the guy to leave

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:51 pm

The Traansval wrote:-snip-

I mean, did you read the app?

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:53 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Rejected. Please leave before I have to use bleach on my own eyes

Yeesh man, like there are some fixes needed but all in all this wasn't so bad or an app to tell the guy to leave

When you don't have the desire to make a new history for the AH, you really don't deserve to be looked at by the OP. I mean... you could have simply and just as easily ctl-c, ctl-v -ed the whole thing and we wouldn't even have noticed. When you put minimal efforts for the app, we have the right to give minimal efforts to look at the app. So... yes, I shall ignore this app with all my might.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 pm

dabs on the haters

Reserve the Roman Colony of Greece :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek:

Jesus christ I just gave myself cancer.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:dabs on the haters

What the hell, let's completely ignore the purple nation on the map. Everyone should reserve a part of the Roman Empire!

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Full Nation Name : The Ethiopian Empire
Majority/Official Culture : Ethiopian, East African, African (In order of importance)
Territorial Core : Ethiopia
Territorial Claim : Somalia, Dijibouti, Eritrea
Capital City : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Population : 9.5 Million

Government Ideology/Policies : Modernization, Pluralism, Cultural Conservatism
Government Focus : Modernization of the Military, this will be transferred into Infrastructure improvements along with economic prosperity.
Head of State : The Emperor Haile Selassie
Head of Government : The Emperor Haile Selassie
Government Description : An Imperial Absolute Monarchy, the Emperor has the absolute authority over the people, with minor titles granted to royal/loyal families. The Emperor has religious, moral, and legal authority.

Majority/State Religion : Ethiopian Christian Orthodoxy, although this has a slim majority over Islam (this being the compiled Islamic denominations)
Religious Description :
The faith and practice of Orthodox Ethiopian Christians includes elements from Miaphysite Christianity as it has developed in Ethiopia over the centuries. Christian beliefs include belief in God, veneration to the Virgin Mary, the angels, and the saints, besides others. According to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church itself, there are no non-Christian elements in the religion other than those from the Old Testament, to which are added those from the New Testament. A hierarchy of Kidusan (angelic messengers and saints) conveys the prayers of the faithful to God and carries out the divine will, so when an Ethiopian Christian is in difficulty, he or she appeals to these as well as to God. In more formal and regular rituals, priests communicate on behalf of the community, and only priests may enter the inner sanctum of the usually circular or octagonal church where the tabot ("ark") dedicated to the church's patron saint is housed. On important religious holidays, the tabot is carried on the head of a priest and escorted in procession outside the church. It is the tabot, not the church, which is consecrated. At many services, most parish members remain in the outer ring, where debteras sing hymns and dance.

Processional crosses carried on long poles in Ethiopian Orthodox religious processions
The Eucharist is given only to those who feel pure, have fasted regularly, and have, in general, properly conducted themselves. In practice, communion is mainly limited to young children and the elderly; those who are at a sexually active age or who have sexual desires generally do not receive the Eucharist. Worshippers receiving communion may enter the middle ring of the church to do so.

Ethiopian Orthodox believers are strict Trinitarians, maintaining the Orthodox teaching that God is united in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This concept is known as səllasé, Ge'ez for "Trinity".

Daily services constitute only a small part of an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian's religious observance. Several holy days require prolonged services, singing and dancing, and feasting. An important religious requirement, however, is the keeping of fast days, during which adherents abstain from consuming meat and animal products, and refrain from sexual activity. All devout believers are to maintain the full schedule of fasts, comprising at least 250 days a year apart from other forms of fasting purely left to individual decision of the faithful.

An Ethiopian Orthodox ceremony at Fasilides' Bath in Gondar, Ethiopia, celebrating Timkat (Epiphany).
Fast for Hudadi or Abiye Tsome, 55 days prior to Easter (Fasika). This fast is divided into three separate periods: Tsome Hirkal, eight days commemorating an early Christian figure; Tsome Arba, forty days of Lent; and Tsome Himamat, seven days commemorating Holy Week.
Fast of the Apostles, 10–40 days, which the Apostles kept after they had received the Holy Spirit. It begins after Pentecost.
The fast Tsome Dihnet, which is on Wednesdays in commemoration of the plot organized to kill Jesus Christ by Caiaphas and the members of the house of the high priest and Fridays in commemoration of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ (starts on Wednesday after Pentecost and spans up to Easter, in other words all Wednesdays and Fridays except during 50 days after Easter).
The fast of Dormition, 16 days.
The fast preceding Christmas, 40 days (Advent). It begins with Sibket on 15th Hedar and ends on Christmas Eve with the feast of Gena and the 29th of Tahsas and 28th if the year is preceded by leap year.
The Fast of Nineveh, commemorating the preaching of Jonah. It comes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the third week before Lent.
The gahad of Timkat (Epiphany), fast on the eve of Epiphany.
In addition to standard holy days, most Christians observe many saints' days. A man might give a small feast on his personal saint's day. The local voluntary association (called the maheber) connected with each church honors its patron saint with a special service and a feast two or three times a year.

Economic Ideologies : Feudalism
Major Production : Coffee, Crude Oil, Gold (although the latter two are in small amounts)
Economic Description : Primarily an agricultural based society, most citizens are subsistence farmers, with the larger feudal lords exporting a considerable amount of Coffee to serve as the nations primary important export, other than cattle. Limited drilling for oil, sponsored by the Emperors own initiatives, along with a recent discovery of Gold, have increased prospects of economic prosperity.

Tech Level: 2-3 (I'm not sure and will speak to someone about what would be appropriate)

Army Strength : Ethiopia is geographically diverse deserts along the Eastern border, Rain-forests in the South, Plateaus in the West, and Mountains in the North. The Ethiopian army is familiar with a wide variety of climates, and can be expected to preform well in a variety of conditions.
Army Weakness : Equipped with the best weapons and tactics of the 17th Century the Ethiopian Army is ill equipped to fight any foreign power. Outdated technology and dated training has left the institution a functioning one, but rusted to inefficiency against anything but the native African tribes.
Naval Strength : None
Naval Weakness : A complete lack of a Navy
Further Military Description : Uniforms are a traditional tan coloring, often they are hand made and are equipped with whatever is available to them at the time of training. The Imperial Guard (Mehal Sefari) are equipped with the best European Imports, and the officers have received training from foreign powers.

Pictured from Right to Left,
Regular Ethiopian Army Officer, Mehal Sefari (the Emperor's Bodyguards), Imperial Army Officer

National Goals : An expansion into a sea lane, modernization of the economy, peace and security between Ethiopia and foreign powers.
National Issues : Military Modernization, Economic Modernization, "Third-World" Infrastructure, Institutional Poverty, Disease, Electrification, a functioning common education system
National Figures of Interest : The Emperor Haile Selassie was educated in a foreign country, fluent in English, French, and Classical Latin. He was a large driver in the international relief of the Ethiopian Famine of 1890.
National Ambition/Aspirations : A rise to prominence in the international community, recognition from foreign powers, recognition of Sovereignty

History :
RP Sample:
Lance Faraday
Inseldorf Dockyards

A small stand had been prepared in front of the cargo ramps of the dock, a meager crowd had assembled comprised of dockhands and shipwrights. Lance was standing just aside the platform as the tubby union boss tried halfheartedly to get the crowd anticipated for his speech, he was nervous, sweating carefully contained under his suit he was roused from his thoughts when the union boss clasped him roughly on the shoulder, "Your on." he said as he passed by. Lance took large steps to the podium, wiped his brow, cleared his throat and began to speak. "H-H-Hello, as you know my name is Lance Faraday and I've been elected to serve you." He paused, the crowd silently stared at him, "I-um-I may not be the bold new ideas and so grand a scheme as my colleagues have, but I can promise you this, I will always be with the people. This means I support a healthy industrial environment, the blue collars are the backbone of our economy, so our are farmers, as well as our service based friends including government employees. This is why I support the formation of unions and the right of workers to strike, it is unreasonable to me that you would have to work hours and hours everyday only to take less pay from the owner, or to work overtime without compensation, just as the boss is the provider of jobs you the workers provide him with his." the crowd had warmed up a bit to this and seemed to like where this was heading.

"However, it is important that we not abuse our island without temperament, Mother Nature is kind to all of us but not if we abuse her. I believe it is possible to continue to have an industrial base as well as pursue environmentally friendly policies, this includes ending our dependency on oil and natural gas, I recognize the loss of jobs in the short term, but the amount of jobs from the construction of wind farms, solar plants, and nuclear fission will far outnumber the ones lost, and all save the last one require similar construction skills as building another derrick." Some in the crowd were paying full attention, others were at least being polite.

"I've gone over my time here, but if you would let me finish my last two or three points. As an island nation I think it would be prudent to maximize the efficiency of our Navy and Airforce, maybe some expansion of bases and dockyards, but we should primarily focus on having our troops at the smallest point with the largest rate of success. Secondly, much of the developed world suffers from a crisis of mental illness we need to invest in both pharmaceuticals and psychologists that can lessen the impact of these terrible diseases that effect many of us and our families, disproportionately so does it effect the lower class, inmates, and juveniles. The fight to treat this illnesses and to keep treatment affordable is one that we can fight in the capitol. Lastly, while some developed countries struggle with substance abuse, we should not let this scare us away from the largely 'harmless' cannabis plant, while every drug has negative side effects this includes tobacco and alcohol, but with no-one calling for an end to the use of those why should we continue to enforce penalties for such a similar drug? It would also be my hope to expand the agricultural base in the country, both for cannabis and other crops, to return to our more sustainable roots. To clarify allowing or passing a law that allows limited agricultural practices to be preformed both in urban and rural properties, people can save a dime or two by growing their own garden or by being an entrepreneur and starting a locally grown food place in the middle of downtown wherever."

The crowd clapped for the end of the speech, whether genuinely impressed or just trying to be courteous was unknown. "Thank you all for being here, and have a good day." he stepped off the stage smile growing upon his face, "That went rather well I think."

Last edited by Turkducken on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Turkducken
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Western Pacific Territories wrote:dabs on the haters

What the hell, let's completely ignore the purple nation on the map. Everyone should reserve a part of the Roman Empire!

I just saw this, am I stepping on toes?

Metal...Gear?!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Turkducken wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:What the hell, let's completely ignore the purple nation on the map. Everyone should reserve a part of the Roman Empire!

I just saw this, am I stepping on toes?

Ethiopia isn't a part of the Roman Empire. Crimea though, is.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Turkducken wrote:I just saw this, am I stepping on toes?

Ethiopia isn't a part of the Roman Empire. Crimea though, is.

I had to check the map a couple of times to make sure the Northern part of Ethiopia wasn't part of Nubia.

Metal...Gear?!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Turkducken wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Ethiopia isn't a part of the Roman Empire. Crimea though, is.

I had to check the map a couple of times to make sure the Northern part of Ethiopia wasn't part of Nubia.

I don't think that it is.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:54 am

Turkducken wrote:Full Nation Name : The Ethiopian Empire
Majority/Official Culture : Ethiopian, West African, African (In order of importance)
Territorial Core : Ethiopia
Territorial Claim : Somalia, Dijibouti, Eritrea
Capital City : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Population : 9.5 Million

Government Ideology/Policies : Modernization, Pluralism, Cultural Conservatism
Government Focus : Modernization of the Military, this will be transferred into Infrastructure improvements along with economic prosperity.
Head of State : The Emperor Haile Selassie
Head of Government : The Emperor Haile Selassie
Government Description : An Imperial Absolute Monarchy, the Emperor has the absolute authority over the people, with minor titles granted to royal/loyal families. The Emperor has religious, moral, and legal authority.

Majority/State Religion : Ethiopian Christian Orthodoxy, although this has a slim majority over Islam (this being the compiled Islamic denominations)
Religious Description : [spoiler=Beware, This is a Wall of Text]The faith and practice of Orthodox Ethiopian Christians includes elements from Miaphysite Christianity as it has developed in Ethiopia over the centuries. Christian beliefs include belief in God, veneration to the Virgin Mary, the angels, and the saints, besides others. According to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church itself, there are no non-Christian elements in the religion other than those from the Old Testament, to which are added those from the New Testament. A hierarchy of Kidusan (angelic messengers and saints) conveys the prayers of the faithful to God and carries out the divine will, so when an Ethiopian Christian is in difficulty, he or she appeals to these as well as to God. In more formal and regular rituals, priests communicate on behalf of the community, and only priests may enter the inner sanctum of the usually circular or octagonal church where the tabot ("ark") dedicated to the church's patron saint is housed. On important religious holidays, the tabot is carried on the head of a priest and escorted in procession outside the church. It is the tabot, not the church, which is consecrated. At many services, most parish members remain in the outer ring, where debteras sing hymns and dance.

Processional crosses carried on long poles in Ethiopian Orthodox religious processions
The Eucharist is given only to those who feel pure, have fasted regularly, and have, in general, properly conducted themselves. In practice, communion is mainly limited to young children and the elderly; those who are at a sexually active age or who have sexual desires generally do not receive the Eucharist. Worshippers receiving communion may enter the middle ring of the church to do so.

Ethiopian Orthodox believers are strict Trinitarians, maintaining the Orthodox teaching that God is united in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This concept is known as səllasé, Ge'ez for "Trinity".

Daily services constitute only a small part of an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian's religious observance. Several holy days require prolonged services, singing and dancing, and feasting. An important religious requirement, however, is the keeping of fast days, during which adherents abstain from consuming meat and animal products, and refrain from sexual activity. All devout believers are to maintain the full schedule of fasts, comprising at least 250 days a year apart from other forms of fasting purely left to individual decision of the faithful.

An Ethiopian Orthodox ceremony at Fasilides' Bath in Gondar, Ethiopia, celebrating Timkat (Epiphany).
Fast for Hudadi or Abiye Tsome, 55 days prior to Easter (Fasika). This fast is divided into three separate periods: Tsome Hirkal, eight days commemorating an early Christian figure; Tsome Arba, forty days of Lent; and Tsome Himamat, seven days commemorating Holy Week.
Fast of the Apostles, 10–40 days, which the Apostles kept after they had received the Holy Spirit. It begins after Pentecost.
The fast Tsome Dihnet, which is on Wednesdays in commemoration of the plot organized to kill Jesus Christ by Caiaphas and the members of the house of the high priest and Fridays in commemoration of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ (starts on Wednesday after Pentecost and spans up to Easter, in other words all Wednesdays and Fridays except during 50 days after Easter).
The fast of Dormition, 16 days.
The fast preceding Christmas, 40 days (Advent). It begins with Sibket on 15th Hedar and ends on Christmas Eve with the feast of Gena and the 29th of Tahsas and 28th if the year is preceded by leap year.
The Fast of Nineveh, commemorating the preaching of Jonah. It comes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the third week before Lent.
The gahad of Timkat (Epiphany), fast on the eve of Epiphany.
In addition to standard holy days, most Christians observe many saints' days. A man might give a small feast on his personal saint's day. The local voluntary association (called the maheber) connected with each church honors its patron saint with a special service and a feast two or three times a year.

Economic Ideologies : Feudalism
Major Production : Coffee, Crude Oil, Gold (although the latter two are in small amounts)
Economic Description : Primarily an agricultural based society, most citizens are subsistence farmers, with the larger feudal lords exporting a considerable amount of Coffee to serve as the nations primary important export, other than cattle. Limited drilling for oil, sponsored by the Emperors own initiatives, along with a recent discovery of Gold, have increased prospects of economic prosperity.

Tech Level: 2-3 (I'm not sure and will speak to someone about what would be appropriate)

Army Strength : Ethiopia is geographically diverse deserts along the Eastern border, Rain-forests in the South, Plateaus in the West, and Mountains in the North. The Ethiopian army is familiar with a wide variety of climates, and can be expected to preform well in a variety of conditions.
Army Weakness : Equipped with the best weapons and tactics of the 17th Century the Ethiopian Army is ill equipped to fight any foreign power. Outdated technology and dated training has left the institution a functioning one, but rusted to inefficiency against anything but the native African tribes.
Naval Strength : None
Naval Weakness : A complete lack of a Navy
Further Military Description : Uniforms are a traditional tan coloring, often they are hand made and are equipped with whatever is available to them at the time of training. The Imperial Guard (Mehal Sefari) are equipped with the best European Imports, and the officers have received training from foreign powers.

Pictured from Right to Left,
Regular Ethiopian Army Officer, Mehal Sefari (the Emperor's Bodyguards), Imperial Army Officer
(Image)

National Goals : An expansion into a sea lane, modernization of the economy, peace and security between Ethiopia and foreign powers.
National Issues : Military Modernization, Economic Modernization, "Third-World" Infrastructure, Institutional Poverty, Disease, Electrification, a functioning common education system
National Figures of Interest : The Emperor Haile Selassie was educated in a foreign country, fluent in English, French, and Classical Latin. He was a large driver in the international relief of the Ethiopian Famine of 1890.
National Ambition/Aspirations : A rise to prominence in the international community, recognition from foreign powers, recognition of Sovereignty

History : Will be added, I promise.
RP Sample:
Lance Faraday
Inseldorf Dockyards

A small stand had been prepared in front of the cargo ramps of the dock, a meager crowd had assembled comprised of dockhands and shipwrights. Lance was standing just aside the platform as the tubby union boss tried halfheartedly to get the crowd anticipated for his speech, he was nervous, sweating carefully contained under his suit he was roused from his thoughts when the union boss clasped him roughly on the shoulder, "Your on." he said as he passed by. Lance took large steps to the podium, wiped his brow, cleared his throat and began to speak. "H-H-Hello, as you know my name is Lance Faraday and I've been elected to serve you." He paused, the crowd silently stared at him, "I-um-I may not be the bold new ideas and so grand a scheme as my colleagues have, but I can promise you this, I will always be with the people. This means I support a healthy industrial environment, the blue collars are the backbone of our economy, so our are farmers, as well as our service based friends including government employees. This is why I support the formation of unions and the right of workers to strike, it is unreasonable to me that you would have to work hours and hours everyday only to take less pay from the owner, or to work overtime without compensation, just as the boss is the provider of jobs you the workers provide him with his." the crowd had warmed up a bit to this and seemed to like where this was heading.

"However, it is important that we not abuse our island without temperament, Mother Nature is kind to all of us but not if we abuse her. I believe it is possible to continue to have an industrial base as well as pursue environmentally friendly policies, this includes ending our dependency on oil and natural gas, I recognize the loss of jobs in the short term, but the amount of jobs from the construction of wind farms, solar plants, and nuclear fission will far outnumber the ones lost, and all save the last one require similar construction skills as building another derrick." Some in the crowd were paying full attention, others were at least being polite.

"I've gone over my time here, but if you would let me finish my last two or three points. As an island nation I think it would be prudent to maximize the efficiency of our Navy and Airforce, maybe some expansion of bases and dockyards, but we should primarily focus on having our troops at the smallest point with the largest rate of success. Secondly, much of the developed world suffers from a crisis of mental illness we need to invest in both pharmaceuticals and psychologists that can lessen the impact of these terrible diseases that effect many of us and our families, disproportionately so does it effect the lower class, inmates, and juveniles. The fight to treat this illnesses and to keep treatment affordable is one that we can fight in the capitol. Lastly, while some developed countries struggle with substance abuse, we should not let this scare us away from the largely 'harmless' cannabis plant, while every drug has negative side effects this includes tobacco and alcohol, but with no-one calling for an end to the use of those why should we continue to enforce penalties for such a similar drug? It would also be my hope to expand the agricultural base in the country, both for cannabis and other crops, to return to our more sustainable roots. To clarify allowing or passing a law that allows limited agricultural practices to be preformed both in urban and rural properties, people can save a dime or two by growing their own garden or by being an entrepreneur and starting a locally grown food place in the middle of downtown wherever."

The crowd clapped for the end of the speech, whether genuinely impressed or just trying to be courteous was unknown. "Thank you all for being here, and have a good day." he stepped off the stage smile growing upon his face, "That went rather well I think."

Menelik II was Emperor of Ethiopia in 1900. Tafari Makonnen Woldemikael, the future Emperor Haile Selassie, was eight years old and not even in the direct line of succession in 1900.
Last edited by Old Tyrannia on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Novacom
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 am

Dunree wrote:
The Traansval wrote:So your basically going to be a Celtic Great Britian. Maybe you could have it be that the Anglo Saxons and Norse Invasions were repelled along with that of the Norman Invasions, leading to there being a modern British State with a much more Gaelic culture. This of course would be huge and would have effects we might now even imagine, i mean what we think of as Irish today is very influenced by these Invasions, same with Scottish and English culture.

That's what I intend, but as you can imagine its going to take quite a bit of research, and no small pinch of imagination and creativity. I may dilute it slightly with some Norse/Norman influence, but I will limit the dirty Saxon blood to a minimum :p

The trouble will be working out a very long and nuanced history which will have to stretch as far back essentially as the Roman evacuation, not to mention trying to find common ground between the languages. The benefits of this will be well worth it, having 'Englishmen' wearing kilts as their traditional dress.

EDIT: I even want to toy with the idea of them remaining pagan but I feel that may be a touch too far. The good Christian kingdoms of Europe never would have allowed pagans to exist there. I likely would have had to fend of numerous crusades.

Just so you know the previous Great Britain we had was Druidic so it can happen...

Dunree
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunree » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:09 am

Novacom wrote:Just so you know the previous Great Britain we had was Druidic so it can happen...

I'm going to go with a more fluid style of early Celtic Christianity, with loads of monasteries and such.

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:11 am

Tracian Empire wrote:When you don't have the desire to make a new history for the AH, you really don't deserve to be looked at by the OP. I mean... you could have simply and just as easily ctl-c, ctl-v -ed the whole thing and we wouldn't even have noticed. When you put minimal efforts for the app, we have the right to give minimal efforts to look at the app. So... yes, I shall ignore this app with all my might.

What exactly did I do wrong by using my nation's established history as a starting point? I didn't use minimal effort anyways as I came up with all the ideas over a long stretch of time, and since my nation is not a real country and this is an alt history, I assumed that this would be fine. If you still reject this it's your loss, but I hope you reconsider it. Thanks for reading.
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:14 am

Freed Lymonia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:When you don't have the desire to make a new history for the AH, you really don't deserve to be looked at by the OP. I mean... you could have simply and just as easily ctl-c, ctl-v -ed the whole thing and we wouldn't even have noticed. When you put minimal efforts for the app, we have the right to give minimal efforts to look at the app. So... yes, I shall ignore this app with all my might.

What exactly did I do wrong by using my nation's established history as a starting point? I didn't use minimal effort anyways as I came up with all the ideas over a long stretch of time, and since my nation is not a real country and this is an alt history, I assumed that this would be fine. If you still reject this it's your loss, but I hope you reconsider it. Thanks for reading.

No, this AH world still has to be anchored in realism, and your app is mocking any standards of quality.

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:20 am

What anchorage of realism am I breaking? I'm confused at what exactly it was as I viewed my application as, all things considered, realistic. I'd appreciate if you could get more specific.
lots of people died
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
Our National Anthem

-Reagan

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am

Freed Lymonia wrote:What anchorage of realism am I breaking? I'm confused at what exactly it was as I viewed my application as, all things considered, realistic. I'd appreciate if you could get more specific.

Your app makes no historical or cultural sense. A weird American nation in the middle of Eastern Europe is a joke of sorts.

Now please, leave before we start to do something against your trolling. If you wish to use your NS nation without any regard to real life history or realism, move to International Incidents.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse