NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: Downfall (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:I would like to reserve House Whent, but before I write the app I was wondering what kind of troop number people would consider appropriate for that house.

EDIT: Also would control over House Whent translate to control over Ser Oswell?

Reserved for ya.

I believe The Valyria Empire asked for Rhaegar and the three Kingsguards that went to the Tower of Joy with him. If memory serves, Oswell was one of those three. I don't know what Val plans for them but if he is ok with you using Oswell i see no issue with it.

As per The forces in the Crownlands, I'll boost it to 15,000, the higher end of the canonical sources. This does not include the Gold Cloaks however, though we all know how well they serve in pitched battle.

IC should be up shortly.
I'm hoping we can get a Stark player sooner rather than later however.
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:I would like to reserve House Whent, but before I write the app I was wondering what kind of troop number people would consider appropriate for that house.

EDIT: Also would control over House Whent translate to control over Ser Oswell?

Reserved for ya.

I believe The Valyria Empire asked for Rhaegar and the three Kingsguards that went to the Tower of Joy with him. If memory serves, Oswell was one of those three. I don't know what Val plans for them but if he is ok with you using Oswell i see no issue with it.

As per The forces in the Crownlands, I'll boost it to 15,000, the higher end of the canonical sources. This does not include the Gold Cloaks however, though we all know how well they serve in pitched battle.

IC should be up shortly.
I'm hoping we can get a Stark player sooner rather than later however.

I'm fine with giving up Oswell but I don't see why he needs him. I planned on keeping the three guards there until it's "safe".

If he wants Oswell he can have it

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:17 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I'm fine with giving up Oswell but I don't see why he needs him. I planned on keeping the three guards there until it's "safe".

Oswell was still at the capital until after the Bells anyway

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Jhet wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:I'm fine with giving up Oswell but I don't see why he needs him. I planned on keeping the three guards there until it's "safe".

Oswell was still at the capital until after the Bells anyway

Um? Can I get a source? Pretty sure you're think of Gerold Hightower. Arthur and Oswell were at the tower with Rhaegar. Then Gerold was sent to retrieve Rhaegar who stayed at the tower.

According to a semi-canon source,[8] Oswell, along with his other sworn brother Ser Arthur Dayne, aided Rhaegar in the kidnapping of Lyanna Stark near Harrenhal as the year of the false spring was ending.[6] Robert's Rebellion began shortly after.

At the end of the rebellion, Eddard Stark encountered Ser Oswell and two other knights of the Kingsguard, Arthur and Ser Gerold Hightower, at the tower of joy in Dorne. Eddard told them that King's Landing had already fallen and that King Aerys II Targaryen was dead. In the ensuing conflict, all three Kingsguard were killed. Eddard had been with six northern companions, but he and Howland Reed were the only survivors.[2] Stones from the tower were used to build Oswell's cairn upon a nearby ridge.[2]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Awesome, will post tonight or tomorrow.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Rhinocera wrote:Awesome, will post tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds good, but I dont think you finished your Tywin app

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Rhinocera wrote:Awesome, will post tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds good, but I dont think you finished your Tywin app

And that's what happens when I app at 4 am...

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=420072

IC!

Great. I'll finish app for Jon and start writing tomorrow.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Name: Tywin Lannister
House: House Lannister
Titles: Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Shield of Lannisport
House: House Lannister
House Seat: Casterly Rock
House Sigil:Image
Allegiance paid to: (Eg. Bolton's to Starks, Starks to Targaryens) Targaryens (as of now)
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Image
Personality: Tywin Lannister is a ruthless, driven, and extraordinarily cunning individual. He is driven by a need to strengthen his family's position, for he see's this as what will become his own legacy. He cares for his children, aside from Tyrion (whom he resents). He is a solemn individual, with the little happiness that he showed dissipating upon Joanna’s death.
Skills: (eg. Robert Baratheon would be a great warrior, Jon Arryn a great administrator, Varys a great spymaster) Tywin Lannister is a master administrator, with the greatest time of prosperity within the rule of King Aerys coming under Tywin’s time as Hand of the King. Tywin is also a skilled strategist and a master manipulator. He has a keen eye regarding the politics of Westeros.
Weaponry (If any): The Lannister fortune and any/everything that entails.
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): 55,000 men
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Tywin Lannister grew up watching Tytos Lannister bring ruin to House Lannister. The reputation as a house to be feared and respected was sullied, if not entirely ruined. Eventually, House Castamere and House Reyne rose up against House Lannister. It was that House Lannister began to reassert itself as the dominant power in the Westerlands, violently and swiftly putting down the rebellion. Tywin orchestrated/led the efforts to put down the rebellion and earned himself a reputation as a man not to be trifled with. Later, after Tytos had passed, Tywin was appointed hand of the King by his friend, Aerys Targaryen. Tywin served in this capacity quiet successfully for some time, but eventually, as Tywin’s reputation grew alongside with his popularity, Aerys began to distrust Tywin. Eventually, Aerys named Jaime to the Kingsguard. Tywin took this as a sleight, for it deprived him of his heir. In response, he resigned as the Hand of the King and returned to Casterly Rock.
RP Example: I was in your previous RPs, but I can post some if you need me to.
Notes: Kevan Lannister, Tygett Lannister, Gerion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Stafford Lannister, Gregor Clegane, Amory Lorch, among others...

Lannister App up, Brakken App in the works.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 pm

App:
House Name: House Brakken
House Sigil (Image appreciated) A black dragon flanked by 2 black knights on a red background.
House Words: "Of Fire, Fang, and Claw"
Allegiance Paid to: House Targaryen
House Seat (Map location required, picture of Castle/town appreciated) Dragonkeep, located on the river road between Casterly Rock and the Golden Tooth.
Approx Number of military at command: 220 extraordinarily well equipped and trained Gothic style Knights, 5,000 fairly trained and equipped men, 3,000 Militia
History of the House: House Brakken is the House that has assumed the mantle as the head of the “Knights of the Dragon”. The Knights of the Dragon is a fairly insignificant religious order that pales in comparison to that of the old gods, the 7, the drowned gods, the lord of light, and even that which the Dothraki follow. This religion is commonly referred to simply as Dragon Worship, with it officially being known as the Faith of the Dragon. The Faith of the Dragon entails exactly what its name would suggest. Its followers believe that the true gods of this world were the Dragons. Prior to the arrival of the Targaryens, the Faith of the Dragon was headed by the Knights of the Dragon with absolute power. These Knights determined were warrior priests of the Faith of the Dragon, responsible for the faiths sacred texts, laws, and the formation of its traditions, as well as the faiths protection from those who wished it harm. They operated in isolation for centuries, until the Targaryens arrived, commanding dragons. Instead of seeing this as evidence against the Faith of the Dragon, many of its followers received a different message entirely. They believed that the Targaryens to be the men chosen by the Dragons to bring the world order, through its conquest. The Knights of the Dragon were among the first to swear fealty to the Targaryens, with House Brakken, which was readily entrenched within the upper ranks of the order, being part of this. Of course, the sight of man commanding dragon had a negative effect upon the faith as well, with many followers abandoning the faith of the Dragon , no longer believing the dragons to be gods. The Order survived however, and the Faith of the Dragon with it. The Knights of the Dragon, over the following centuries, proved to be blindly loyal to the Targaryens due to their control over the Dragons. Initially, the Targaryens had not truly trusted the Knights of the Dragon, but as they came to understand the deep religious motivations behind their fealty to the Targaryens, the Targaryens realized that if they kept the order believing that they were chosen by the Dragons, they would hold power over the Order forever. Because of this, the Targaryens fed the Faith of the Dragon's belief and continued to assert their power over them. They helped fund the Knights of the Dragon, who maintained and protected the faith. The Targaryens provided dragon bones, scales, and other items that held significance within the faith, as well as demonstrating too the faith what power they held over the dragons. In return, the Knights of the Dragon fought for the Targaryens with loyalty one couldn't find in a dog. These warrior priests were formidable fighters and distinguished themselves in their service for the Targaryens. At their peak, there were over 1,000 knights and 20,000 followers of the faith, all fervently loyal to the Targaryens. Unfortunately, as the dragons began to die off, so did the faith of the dragon. Now, while still considered among the most loyal of the Targaryen supporters, there are only 380 Knights of the Dragon, of which only 220 are still able bodied men. The rest are too old or weak to be of use on the field of battle, though they are members of the order until they face their deaths. Outside of the order, there are very few followers of the Faith of the Dragon, though they do still exist.
Throughout it's history, the Knights of the Dragon have been headed by the members of House Brakken. Currently, Lord Richard Brakken holds power over House Brakken, and consequently the Knights of the Dragon. House Brakken has remained a steadfast supporter of the Targaryens since their arrival and continues to be such. However, as a house of the Westerlands, House Brakken also is bound by oath to the Lannisters. This oath to the Lannisters had largely been a formality with little actual meaning. However, approximately 70 years ago, the Lannisters funded the creation of a new hold and temple for House Brakken, giving them a solid place to station the Order, which was well needed because the original temple had been destroyed years prior. This act was a calculated one, for it earned the Lannisters House Brakken’s loyalty, which had eluded them for centuries (a fact made forgiveable through the favor of the Targaryen’s). Now, House Brakken and the order answered to the Warden of the West as a true Westerland house and built a strong relationship with the Lannisters. This was emphasized when the Lannisters called upon House Brakken to assist in the Castamere rebellion. The Knight’s of the order served well, as one of the most elite fighting forces in the whole of Westeros (second to the Kingsguard in skill).
Additional Info: Harrenhall, which had been deformed when it had been bathed in dragonfire, was considered a blessed place in the eyes of the Faith of the Dragon, which is in direct contrast to the commonly held conception that the castle and its lands are cursed.
The followers maintain and work the Brakken castle's lands. House Brakken holds some wealth, but it pales in comparison to that held by some of the greater houses. However, they have garnered the favor of the Targaryens. As a testament of their loyalty to the Targaryens, as well as a symbol of the Targaryen's trust in House Brakken and the Knights of the Dragon, 20 knights of the order have been retained by House Targaryen to serve as guards for members of the Targaryen line. With the rebellion against the crown having just begun, they await word from the Targaryens on what is to be done.

Name: Richard Brakken
House: Brakken
Titles: Lord of House Brakken, Grand Commander of the Knights of the Dragon
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: (Eg. Bolton's to Starks, Starks to Targaryens) Targaryens
Appearance (Picture appreciated): 6'2, Caucasian, Black hair, very fit, Green eyes
Personality: Charismatic, Practical, intelligent, loyal, ambitious
Skills: (eg. Robert Baratheon would be a great warrior, Jonhn Arryn a great administrator, Varys a great spymaster) Formidable Warrior, Charismatic, practical
Weaponry (If any): Valyrian steel sword, Gothic style plate armor, Valyrian steel shield
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): refer to the House Brakken application
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Richard Brakken was born into the Knights of the Dragon. Once his father passed away, when Richard was 18, Richard took over as Lord of House Brakken and Grand Commmander of the Knights of the Dragon. Under his leadership, both his house and his order prospered. He has a wife, a son, and two daughters.
RP Example:
Gatekeeper's Hold

The army of House Crassus, that had been sent to intercept the enemy, had chosen one of the mightiest fortresses in the territory to make their stand. Gatekeeper's Hold was precariously placed, leaving it in a position that if left unchecked, would allow it's garrison to lash out and strike at any force that was crossing into the lands of House Severance, or those of Crassus itself, from the borders of Farseer territory. It from this fortress that the assembled army would fight the force sent by the traitorus House Farseer, a longtime adversary of House Crassus. The two neighboring Houses had never enjoyed a bond of freindship or alliance, but had been seperated by distrust and disdain for eachother. This bitter relationship had been the reason for the creation of Gatekeeper's Hold, decades ago. However, no one could have expected that Gatekeeper's Hold would become the first and last bastion of defense against the Farseer's treasonous actions.

The man who commanded this army was Commander Decimus Kalifex, the most trusted and respected military commander in all of House Crassus' domain. He was a loyal man who prized his honor above nearly all else, willing to give his life for his men and for his House. In his youth, he had grown up alongside Tiberius and Julius, and was among their closest and most trusted friends and advisors. He was also an extremely gifted tactician and possesed an inate ability to inspire his men, often fighting alongside them in the thick of the battle when he was younger. Now, at the age of 46, he was still a skilled and deadly warrior, but he was not the same as he was 20 years prior and generally avoided engaging in actual combat, although he did not always avoid entering the fray. He was now tasked with preventing the passage of Farseer and other hostile forces through the lands of House Crassus. To accomplish this, he had taken position in Gatekeeper's Hold, which as prievously mentioned was a great fortress that had been precariously placed many years prior.

Gatekeeper's Hold was a good sized fortress, but had been built to allow the numerically inferior forces of House Crassus to fight off invasions from the other, numerically superior, southern houses. In this, it had also been positioned to allow House Crassus to prevent it's longtime ally, House Severance, from coming under attack from the south. It's massive stone walls stood high. towards the bottom, razor sharp thorned steel spikes jutted out from them, preventing climbers from scaling the walls. Farther up, wooden stakes were placed in mounts, which would hold ladders away from the walls top. At the top of the walls, archers stood, protected by thick stone that continued up past the end of the wall, providing archers with cover from enemy fire. Ballista were also mounted atop the walls, allowing the defenders to rain bolts down upon advancing foes from afar. Further defenses included drains on the walls and above the gates. These drains fed from pools of boiling oil that could be refilled. While there was only enough oil for a handful of pours, the pools could also be filled with boiling water and any other liquid like substance that could be used to lethal effect. There were also several pools that held tar, and when dumped, archers would loose flaming arrows or a torch would be sent down the drain, igniting the tar and whatever it had coated. The gates were also a defense in their own right. On either side of the gate there was a 4 inch thick steel portcullis, nearly impossible to break through. The gate itself was thick wood, reinforced with strips of iron.

Several scouts had been dispatched to watch enemy forces and keep an eye on them. A handful of these scouts had tailed smaller groups of the enemy. Among these groups, some had been followed back to the fortress. Upon reaching a reasonable distance, one of the scouts drew a horn and blew. The sound resonated throughtought the plains, and was heard by the defenders. Several archers fired flaming arrows out into the plains, illuminating the ground and a few dozen men not from these lands. "The enemy approaches" cried out a captain from among the archers. "Rain steel down upon them" he yelled. Arrows suddenly flew from the fortress, many of which were aflame. Gatekeeper's Hold would not be infiltrated tonight.

Decimus Kalifex had heard the horn, and rushed to the walls. "Sir, the enemy approached the fortress, but were in numbers to small to be a true assault. It was likely saboteurs." said the captain. "Did they breach?" replied Kalifex. "No sir, your scouts saw the fools and alerted us as they approached. The enemy party was shot down like a pack of rabid dogs by our archers. No enemy entered this fortress, I am sure of it." "Good, see to it that we continue to remain secure". With that, Decimus returned to his chambers, readying his plans for the battle to come.

Notes: Members of House Brakken

Brakken App up

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:24 pm

I know I'm not the OP, but as someone who has OPed Game of Thrones RPs, and is basically known for them I gotta say that app needs a lot of work.

Several pointers:

1. The Faith of the Dragon. Why not just use the Valyian Faith, the dragons that the Targaryens use are sometimes named after the Valyrian Gods. So maybe the Gods took the form of dragons. Seems weird to make up this weird cult. Speaking of that cult.
2. There's no way this religion would survive in Westeros. Maybe in Volantis, or in the Valyrian ruins but not in Westeros. Who came to Westeros and practiced this religion? I doubt it was the First Men, as they have the Old Gods. It's unlikely it's the Andals as they had the Seven, and it's certainly not the Rhoynar. So, who brought this religion over? Plus, during the age of Heroes/Century of Blood this religion would have been rooted out by the Seven, just as the Old Gods were. The Andals would have destroyed this heresy.
3. The fact that the Targaryens have a loyal order that once reached 20,000 really conflicts a lot of lore plus man power. How the heck did they reach that much man power? That puts them stronger than any House in the Westerlands. It makes them more powerful than the Crownlands combined. There's also how if the Targaryens had this massive powerful Order how did things like: The Faith Militant Uprising, and the Dance of Dragons not end quickly? You'd think that the Targaryens could have gained control of this order and easily taken over.
4. Valyrian Steel Sword and Shield. Now I don't know the rules on Valyrian steel in this RP, but in mine I've kept Valyrian Sword restricted from Non-canon houses. Also, where the heck did they get enough steel for both a shield and sword? That shit is so valuable.
5. The current manpower. You have more man power than other Westerland Lord. Almost 9,000 men is insane. The only house that can reach that high is House Hightower but they're an ancient and powerful house in an excellent position to obtain said power. I'm not sure how this House was able to afford all these men, let alone obtain them to begin with. Jhet can debate this point stronger than I.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 pm

There's already a house bracken, so having a house brakken seems like it's going to cause unnecessary confusion
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I know I'm not the OP, but as someone who has OPed Game of Thrones RPs, and is basically known for them I gotta say that app needs a lot of work.

Several pointers:

1. The Faith of the Dragon. Why not just use the Valyian Faith, the dragons that the Targaryens use are sometimes named after the Valyrian Gods. So maybe the Gods took the form of dragons. Seems weird to make up this weird cult. Speaking of that cult.
2. There's no way this religion would survive in Westeros. Maybe in Volantis, or in the Valyrian ruins but not in Westeros. Who came to Westeros and practiced this religion? I doubt it was the First Men, as they have the Old Gods. It's unlikely it's the Andals as they had the Seven, and it's certainly not the Rhoynar. So, who brought this religion over? Plus, during the age of Heroes/Century of Blood this religion would have been rooted out by the Seven, just as the Old Gods were. The Andals would have destroyed this heresy.
3. The fact that the Targaryens have a loyal order that once reached 20,000 really conflicts a lot of lore plus man power. How the heck did they reach that much man power? That puts them stronger than any House in the Westerlands. It makes them more powerful than the Crownlands combined. There's also how if the Targaryens had this massive powerful Order how did things like: The Faith Militant Uprising, and the Dance of Dragons not end quickly? You'd think that the Targaryens could have gained control of this order and easily taken over.
4. Valyrian Steel Sword and Shield. Now I don't know the rules on Valyrian steel in this RP, but in mine I've kept Valyrian Sword restricted from Non-canon houses. Also, where the heck did they get enough steel for both a shield and sword? That shit is so valuable.
5. The current manpower. You have more man power than other Westerland Lord. Almost 9,000 men is insane. The only house that can reach that high is House Hightower but they're an ancient and powerful house in an excellent position to obtain said power. I'm not sure how this House was able to afford all these men, let alone obtain them to begin with. Jhet can debate this point stronger than I.

I have to actually agree with Val on this one, the Brakken's are a little out there lore wise.
However, you are accepted as House Lannister.
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:04 am

House Name: House Whent of Harrenhal
House Sigil: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/6/6d/House_Whent.png/218px-House_Whent.png
House Words: Unknown
Allegiance Paid to: House Tully of Riverrun
House Seat: Harrenhal
Approx Number of military at command: 6,000
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): House Whent of Harrenhal is the seventh house to be awarded the rule of the castle of Harrenhal since its founding by House Hoare. A new house the Whent acquired lordship over Harrenhal in the later years of the reign of Maekar I Targaryen when the previous ruler of Harrenhal, and liege of the Whents, Danelle Lothston turned to black magic. Ser Oswell Whent played a crucial role in putting and end to the Lothston rule of Harrenhal and for his efforts was made the new lord of Harrenhal by King Maekar. The grateful new lord Oswell of Harrenhal became one of the most ardent supporters of House Targaryen in general and King Maekar in particular in all of the Riverlands and he fought alongside the king in the Peake Uprising with his eldest sons Brynden and Oswald Whent, being injured in the siege that killed the king.

Lord Oswell later partook in the Great Council of 233 forcefully advocating for Aegon Targaryen to be named king. Lord Oswell, himself a man of relative obscure origins, saw some similarity with the former hedge knight prince and had thought the prince's conduct at Starpike admirable. Lord Oswell further hoped to earn favor and position at the new king's side and as such was not too saddened to see Brynden Rivers removed from power once Aegon was elected king. Nonetheless Lord Oswell's ambitions was not met and he was offered no position of prominence at court, despite the important role played by House Whent in the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion and the uprising of Lord Lyonel Baratheon. His later attempts to win royal marriages for his children and grandchildren proved equally unsuccessful. As time passed Lord Oswell came to regret his support for Aegon, but not for House Targaryen. Lord Oswell remained a steadfast friend of the Targaryen monarchy till the day he died in 250 AL.

Lord Oswell was succeeded by his eldest son Lord Brynden Whent. Lord Brynden was a homely man who would not often leave his own lands and castle during his reign. Early in his reign he send his more martial brother Ser Oswald Whent to fight the Rat, the Hawk and the Pig alongside Prince Duncan, and later Ser Oswald became a key advisor and aide to his brother and was able to arrange a bethrotal between his eldest son Walter and his niece Lade Shella. During the War of the Ninepenny Kings it was Ser Oswald who convinced his brother to lead a large force to the Stepstones. Alas Lord Brynden caught a disease on his way to the war and died. Ser Oswald entrusted his sons Walter and Oswell to lead the Whent forces, while he himself rushed home to aid his daughter-in-law ruling Harrenhal. Ser Walter would comport himself well in the war, but it was Ser Oswell who proved the greater warrior and not long thereafter he was named to the Kingsguard.

Meanwhile in Harrenhal Ser Oswald negotiated the marriage of his daughter Minissa Whent to Hoster Tully, heir of Riverrun, in an attempt to improve relations between the two houses. As part of the marriage pact Lady Shella her husband, Minissa's brother, lord and co-ruler of Harrenhal. Ser Oswald Whent died a few years later thus allowing Lord Walter and Lady Shella to rule on their own. Lord Walter, though proud of his familial relationship with the Tully's proved as loyal to the Targaryen monarchy as his grandfather. He mourned the death of Jaehaerys II Targaryen and welcomed the reign of Aerys II Targaryen.

Nevertheless Lord Walter realized sooner than most that not all was well with the young king in whose changeable nature and grandiose schemes the Lord of Harrenhal detected a whiff of madness. Though no fan of Tywin Lannister the lord of Harrenhal took some solace in the able counsel the Hand could provide the king. The Defiance of Duskendale initially restored Lord Walter's support for King Aerys. Incensed that a house so renowned for its loyalty would betray and capture their king Lord Whent lead a great host to Duskendale for the siege.

Not long after the defiance Lord Walter however realized that six months in captivity had not made a better man of the king. Lord Walter, fearing the king's paranoia and madness, no longer came to King's Landing. Yet as years passed and Lord Walter grew more and more discontent with the misrule of a king he regarded as mad he became increasingly impressed with Prince Rhaeagar of whom Ser Oswell spoke very highly and so House Whent became supporters of the Prince of Dragonstone. In 280-281 Lord Walter arranged the grandest tourney of a generation to be held at Harrenhal inviting every great lord and landed knight of the realm to come to Harrenhal. The tourney itself was a great success but Prince Rhaegar's decision to name Lyanna Stark Queen of Love and Beauty later became problematic for the Realm and for House Whent.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Of the Quendi wrote:House Name: House Whent of Harrenhal
House Sigil: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/6/6d/House_Whent.png/218px-House_Whent.png
House Words: Unknown
Allegiance Paid to: House Tully of Riverrun
House Seat: Harrenhal
Approx Number of military at command: 6,000
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): House Whent of Harrenhal is the seventh house to be awarded the rule of the castle of Harrenhal since its founding by House Hoare. A new house the Whent acquired lordship over Harrenhal in the later years of the reign of Maekar I Targaryen when the previous ruler of Harrenhal, and liege of the Whents, Danelle Lothston turned to black magic. Ser Oswell Whent played a crucial role in putting and end to the Lothston rule of Harrenhal and for his efforts was made the new lord of Harrenhal by King Maekar. The grateful new lord Oswell of Harrenhal became one of the most ardent supporters of House Targaryen in general and King Maekar in particular in all of the Riverlands and he fought alongside the king in the Peake Uprising with his eldest sons Brynden and Oswald Whent, being injured in the siege that killed the king.

Lord Oswell later partook in the Great Council of 233 forcefully advocating for Aegon Targaryen to be named king. Lord Oswell, himself a man of relative obscure origins, saw some similarity with the former hedge knight prince and had thought the prince's conduct at Starpike admirable. Lord Oswell further hoped to earn favor and position at the new king's side and as such was not too saddened to see Brynden Rivers removed from power once Aegon was elected king. Nonetheless Lord Oswell's ambitions was not met and he was offered no position of prominence at court, despite the important role played by House Whent in the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion and the uprising of Lord Lyonel Baratheon. His later attempts to win royal marriages for his children and grandchildren proved equally unsuccessful. As time passed Lord Oswell came to regret his support for Aegon, but not for House Targaryen. Lord Oswell remained a steadfast friend of the Targaryen monarchy till the day he died in 250 AL.

Lord Oswell was succeeded by his eldest son Lord Brynden Whent. Lord Brynden was a homely man who would not often leave his own lands and castle during his reign. Early in his reign he send his more martial brother Ser Oswald Whent to fight the Rat, the Hawk and the Pig alongside Prince Duncan, and later Ser Oswald became a key advisor and aide to his brother and was able to arrange a bethrotal between his eldest son Walter and his niece Lade Shella. During the War of the Ninepenny Kings it was Ser Oswald who convinced his brother to lead a large force to the Stepstones. Alas Lord Brynden caught a disease on his way to the war and died. Ser Oswald entrusted his sons Walter and Oswell to lead the Whent forces, while he himself rushed home to aid his daughter-in-law ruling Harrenhal. Ser Walter would comport himself well in the war, but it was Ser Oswell who proved the greater warrior and not long thereafter he was named to the Kingsguard.

Meanwhile in Harrenhal Ser Oswald negotiated the marriage of his daughter Minissa Whent to Hoster Tully, heir of Riverrun, in an attempt to improve relations between the two houses. As part of the marriage pact Lady Shella her husband, Minissa's brother, lord and co-ruler of Harrenhal. Ser Oswald Whent died a few years later thus allowing Lord Walter and Lady Shella to rule on their own. Lord Walter, though proud of his familial relationship with the Tully's proved as loyal to the Targaryen monarchy as his grandfather. He mourned the death of Jaehaerys II Targaryen and welcomed the reign of Aerys II Targaryen.

Nevertheless Lord Walter realized sooner than most that not all was well with the young king in whose changeable nature and grandiose schemes the Lord of Harrenhal detected a whiff of madness. Though no fan of Tywin Lannister the lord of Harrenhal took some solace in the able counsel the Hand could provide the king. The Defiance of Duskendale initially restored Lord Walter's support for King Aerys. Incensed that a house so renowned for its loyalty would betray and capture their king Lord Whent lead a great host to Duskendale for the siege.

Not long after the defiance Lord Walter however realized that six months in captivity had not made a better man of the king. Lord Walter, fearing the king's paranoia and madness, no longer came to King's Landing. Yet as years passed and Lord Walter grew more and more discontent with the misrule of a king he regarded as mad he became increasingly impressed with Prince Rhaeagar of whom Ser Oswell spoke very highly and so House Whent became supporters of the Prince of Dragonstone. In 280-281 Lord Walter arranged the grandest tourney of a generation to be held at Harrenhal inviting every great lord and landed knight of the realm to come to Harrenhal. The tourney itself was a great success but Prince Rhaegar's decision to name Lyanna Stark Queen of Love and Beauty later became problematic for the Realm and for House Whent.

Looks good to me.
6,000 mean appeared to be slightly too large ate first, but I suppose the Whent's, at this point, are the most powerful vassals in the Riverlands. Hopefully Lord Walter and Lord Hoster share a plan for the War to come.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:35 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I know I'm not the OP, but as someone who has OPed Game of Thrones RPs, and is basically known for them I gotta say that app needs a lot of work.

Several pointers:

I have to actually agree with Val on this one, the Brakken's are a little out there lore wise.
However, you are accepted as House Lannister.

Got it. The Brakkens were an interesting creation to rp with in the past, just thought I'd give them a whirl here as well. Lannisters aren't boring though, still should be quite interesting. I'll try and have a post up tonight some time (probably in the early AM).

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Name: Jon Arryn
House: House Arryn of the Eyrie
Titles: Lord Paramount of the Vale, Lord of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, Warden of the East.
House Seat:
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: De Jure: House Targaryen of King's Landing. De Facto: Nobody.
Appearance:
Personality: Calm, wise, kind, trusting, and honourable.[/img]
Skills: Excellent administator, intelligent, skilled politician and diplomat.
Weaponry: Your typical top quality swords and armour as befits a lord of his stature. Oriented towards efficiency over style.
Military Strength: 45,000 men and 30 ships.
Biography: Jon Arryn is the eldest son of the late Lord Jasper Arryn. His siblings include his brother Ser Ronnel, who has since died of a bad belly, and a sister, Alys Arryn, married to Ser Elys Waynwood.

Jon was born in 220AC at the Eyrie. At the age of 16 Lord Japser appointed his son as Keeper of the Gates of Moon in preparation for ruling. As a young man he was married to Jeyne Royce, and soon after his father died and Jon became Lord of the Eyrie, ruling as a just, benevolent, and later wise ruler alongside his Lady of the Eyrie. Jeyne later died during childbirth, their daughter stillborn. It took Jon another 5 years to marry again, wedding his cousin Rowena Arryn. The two loved one another greatly despite the lack of children during their marriage, and eventually she too died one cold winter.

Ten years prior in agreement with Lords Rickard Stark and Steffon Baratheon Jon agreed to foster their sons Eddard and Robert respectively. Jon quickly grew close to his wards, having had no children himself, raising the boys as if they were his own. Thus when Aerys Targaryen, after executing Rickard and Brandon Stark as well as Jon's nephew and heir Elbert, demanded that Jon execute both of his wards, the Lord of the Eyrie instead cast off his liege and raised his banners in rebellion against the tyrannical Mad King.
RP Example: In previous app.
Notes: Denys Arryn, his heir.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Name: Jon Arryn
House: House Arryn of the Eyrie
Titles: Lord Paramount of the Vale, Lord of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, Warden of the East.
House Seat: House Sigil: Allegiance paid to: De Jure: House Targaryen of King's Landing. De Facto: Nobody.
Appearance: Personality: Calm, wise, kind, trusting, and honourable.[/img]
Skills: Excellent administator, intelligent, skilled politician and diplomat.
Weaponry: Your typical top quality swords and armour as befits a lord of his stature. Oriented towards efficiency over style.
Military Strength: 45,000 men and 30 ships.
Biography: Jon Arryn is the eldest son of the late Lord Jasper Arryn. His siblings include his brother Ser Ronnel, who has since died of a bad belly, and a sister, Alys Arryn, married to Ser Elys Waynwood.

Jon was born in 220AC at the Eyrie. At the age of 16 Lord Japser appointed his son as Keeper of the Gates of Moon in preparation for ruling. As a young man he was married to Jeyne Royce, and soon after his father died and Jon became Lord of the Eyrie, ruling as a just, benevolent, and later wise ruler alongside his Lady of the Eyrie. Jeyne later died during childbirth, their daughter stillborn. It took Jon another 5 years to marry again, wedding his cousin Rowena Arryn. The two loved one another greatly despite the lack of children during their marriage, and eventually she too died one cold winter.

Ten years prior in agreement with Lords Rickard Stark and Steffon Baratheon Jon agreed to foster their sons Eddard and Robert respectively. Jon quickly grew close to his wards, having had no children himself, raising the boys as if they were his own. Thus when Aerys Targaryen, after executing Rickard and Brandon Stark as well as Jon's nephew and heir Elbert, demanded that Jon execute both of his wards, the Lord of the Eyrie instead cast off his liege and raised his banners in rebellion against the tyrannical Mad King.
RP Example: In previous app.
Notes: Denys Arryn, his heir.

Accepted

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:38 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Looks good to me.
6,000 mean appeared to be slightly too large ate first, but I suppose the Whent's, at this point, are the most powerful vassals in the Riverlands. Hopefully Lord Walter and Lord Hoster share a plan for the War to come.

Thanks. I appreciate that 6,000 men can be accepted.

One of the reasons I wanted to play as House Whent is that they have a foot in each camp. They had a marriage with the Tully's but a brother in the Kingsguard so presumably there would be some mixed feelings about where to stand.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Looks good to me.

Thanks. I appreciate that 6,000 men can be accepted.

One of the reasons I wanted to play as House Whent is that they have a foot in each camp. They had a marriage with the Tully's but a brother in the Kingsguard so presumably there would be some mixed feelings about where to stand.

Quite, I imagine that's similar to how a lot of houses felt.

House Tully needed pretty favourable terms in the real lore to join the Rebellion.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Anyone have IC posts going up today?

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Anyone have IC posts going up today?

I'm aiming for tonight

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Tomorrow hopefully.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:55 am

Is a custom house with a castle hanging on the Grey Cliffs okay?
Northerner btw.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse