NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: Downfall (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:If the custom character you're making is the son of Jenny and Duncan, wouldn't he be atleast the same age as Rhaegar? Kinda odd he would still be a squire at that age

EDIT: Maybe a grandson of the two might make more sense?

Let's just say, he's not the best fighter in the realm. Plus he'll be a bit prideful and refuse any knighthood from his cousin until he becomes worthy of being a knight. He hopes that serving in the Rebellion will allow to be a knight.

I'm pretty excited to play Rhaegar. I like playing as Aegon VI, and I think I know how Rhaegar acted and thought. His son, Aegon actually fits a lot of the "requirements" for the Prince that was Promised.

Theories below:
Now, I don't know about you guys but I think the reason why Lyanna was taken is due to Rhaegar believing in the Prince that Promised. Since he was in talks with Maester Aemon I believe he needed "three heads of the dragons". He named two of children after the original conquerors (Rhaenys and Aegon) I think he took Lyanna in hopes of having a child (since Elia could not conceive any children) and naming her Visyena. Now depending on if you believe in R+L=J or R+L=D I think that Lyanna died in childbirth (Perhaps Lyanna loved Rhaegar but I doubt he loved her, but it's possible) If the child was a girl he probably would have named her Visyena (Dany) but if it was a boy I believe that since he was good friends with Maester Aemon planned to name him Aemon.

It'll be interesting to see if Rhaegar joins the War soon enough to make a difference. Say what you will about his personal choices, he was a skilled warrior and decent commander, far better than anyone Aerys' would choose.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:23 am

EDIT(x2): Lets just clean this post up actually
House Targaryen

Aerys Targaryen the Second of his Name,
King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Born in 244AC, within the walls of the Red Keep
Rules from the Iron Throne in the Red Keep, at the heart of Kingslanding

Aerys was born to Jaehaerys and Shaera Targaryen, themselves the children of Aegon the Fifth of his Name. From a young age he never proved himself to be a great man, possessing neither the mind nor the skill to excel as a prince of the royal family. And yet he was gifted with charm, enough to make him a great number of friends on whom his later successes would depend. One such friend was the young Tywin Lannister, the heir to House Lannister of Casterly Rock. The Lion of the West, after the War of the Ninepenny Kings saw the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders slain on the field of battle, was chosen to knight his friend who had earned his spurs at only sixteen. Two years later, this friendship would prove to be a blessing for the once failing Lannisters. Aerys, now dubbed King Aerys II with the death of his father, named Tywin his hand. Together, the two would bring the realm a dozen years of peace and prosperity.

As a teenager, under the watchful gaze of his weak father, the future king was wedded to his younger sister. Even at such an age the two were far from lovers, the marriage made purely out of a child's duty to an ailing father. As the years dragged on, this marriage continued to forebear a great tragedy. After Rhaegar, no more children blessed their house, driving Aerys into paranoia as he laid the blame on his enemies at court.

However it was not just dead children which tore at the sanity of the King. His friend and Hand, Lord Tywin Lannister, proved himself to be an exceedingly competent administrator, governing the realm without fault year after year. And year after year Aerys found himself having his own accomplishments overshadowed by that of the Lion. Slowly, the king began to act on his envy, acting against the wishes of his friend as he tried to grasp at prestige and glory that was being denied him. It was not long until the court learned that their own advancement lay in doing the same, giving Aerys the attention and praise that he had long wished for.

And yet there was a chance of recovery for the king's mind, and that chance was when Jaehaerys was born. A second son to strengthen the name and history of Aerys. And by a uncaring god the babe died. Aerys blamed his wife, her midwife, his mistress, his lover's entire family. Yet it was not enough, not for the King. In a fit of despair he took a walk of repentance, pledging himself to only lay with his wife. And while a son would come, healthy and strong, the damage of Jaehaerys' death could not be repaired.

Aerys, his envy of Tywin driving him to greater feats of humiliation against his former friend, once again refused his Hand's advise when Lord Darklyn refused to pay his taxes. Choosing to deal with the rebel himself, Aerys was captured by Darklyn and held prisoner for six months. Upon his rescue by Ser Barristan Selmy, Aerys had truly broken.

Once he was a handsome and charismatic man, generous and resolute. Now his paranoia led him to see treachery in every act, his envy to consider Tywin and his own son Rhaegar a threat. He refused to leave the Red Keep for four years, letting his hair and nails grow unkempt for fear of a blade. Only the Tourney of Harrenhal, in the Year of the False Spring, roused him from his seat. There, the realm at large was allowed to see the state of their king. Naming Jaime Lannister to his kingsguard at the behest of the youth's twin sister, Aerys deprived his Hand of his heir and saw to it that Tywin gave up his position. Considering himself finally victor over his rival, Aerys returned to the capital, believing the realm to once again be behind him as it was when he was still young.

Alas, his estranged son, Rhaegar, took it upon himself to kidnap young Lyanna Stark. Her brother rode to the capital to demand that the prince face him over the insult. Aerys, seeing treachery, commanded the Stark boy and his companions arrested, and summoned their fathers to court. When they arrived, Aerys executed them all. However the bloodlust was on him, and he sent out one more raven. This, to Jon Arryn in the Vale, commanded the aging noble to hand over his young wards to suffer the same punishment as their rebellious family.

The Crownlands: ~15,000
Principle Lordships
Blount

Buckwell

Byrch

Bywater

Celtigar

Chelsted

Farring

Gaunt

Harte

Hayford

Massey

Rosby

Rykker

Staunton

Bar Emmon

Stokeworth

Velaryon

Brune

Wendwater

The Vale of Arryn: ~4,000
Principle Lordships

Grafton

Corbray

Upcliff

The Riverlands: ~12,000
Principle Lordships

Goodbrook

Whent

Mooton

Darry

Ryger

The Stormlands: ~7,000
Principle Lordships

Connington

Fell

Grandison

Cafferen

Lonmouth
The Royal Family
Aerys II Targaryen, King of Westeros, a violent and disturbed man, thirty-nine years old
- his wife and sister, Rhaella, Queen of Westeros, victim of her husband, thirty-seven years old
-- their children
--- Rhaegar, the Crown Prince, Lord of Dragonstone, twenty-four years old
---- his lady wife, Elia Martell, the Princess of Dorne, a frail woman, twenty-six years old
----- their children
------ Rhaenys, a little girl of three
------ Aegon, a babe still at the breast, not yet one
--- Shaena, stillborn
--- Daeron, died before his first birthday
--- Visenya, stillborn
--- Aegon, born premature, died shortly after birth
--- Jaehaerys, died before his first birthday
--- Viserys, a royal prince, nine years old

The Small Council
- Owen Merryweather, Lord of Longtable, Hand of the King
- Varys, the Spider, Master of Whispers
- Rossart, Grand Master of the Alchemist Guild, adviser to the council
- Pycelle, Grand Maester
- Symond Staunton, Lord of Rook's Rest, Master of Laws
- Qarlton Chelsted, Lord of Gauntlet, Master of Coin
- Lucerys Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark, Master of Ships
- Gerold Hightower, a knight, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

The Kingsguard
- Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander
- Lewyn Martell, a Prince of Dorne
- Barristan Selmy, known as the Bold
- Oswell Whent
- Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning
- Jonothor Darry
- Jaime Lannister, the youngest of the Kingsguard

Principle Courtiers
- Jon Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost
- Myles Mooton, a young knight
- Richard Lonmouth, a young knight
- Willum Darry, a knight, master-at-arms of the Red Keep
- Jon Brune, Lord of Dire Den
- Janie Pyle, Lady of Pyle
- Tarah Swallow, Lady of Water Nest
- Felton Harte, Lord of Antlers
- Gareth Grafton, a young knight
- Harry Upcliffe, a knight
- Richard Footly, Lord of Tumbleton
- Steffon Cafferen, Lord of Highhouse
- Harlan Grandison, Lord of Grandview
- Benedict Fell, Lord of Fellwood
- Garigus, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild
- Belis, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild

EDIT: and in all of this excitement I forgot my RP examples:
Jhet wrote:use link since I am too lazy to format

The crownland and dornish numbers seem a bit low (Stannis was able to muster 3k from the narrow sea isles alone, surely the mainland which is...quite a number times larger, could do better than merely two times as many men as the isles?)

Rhinocera wrote:Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Jaimie Lannister.
:eyebrow: no Tyrion
Yaana Noore wrote:This is more my thing. I find myself able to write a lot easier in the later ASOIAF periods, especially when there are canon characters I can portray.

Going based on story it seems crucial someone is Robert, and as New Granadeseret is playing Stannis and the Stormlands army, perhaps I can play Robert as well as Jon Arryn?
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Yes both are available
I don't think two LPs should be controlled by the same player. Would be similar to me being allowed to app for the Martells as well since the villain Val has stolen Rhaegar from me. If NG does take Stannis, then as Robert you would still be in control of the Stormland forces, and Stannis would only have whatever you give him, so you wouldn't be missing out of anything (aside from getting to RP as the Mannis) military wise. And if no one apps for Arryn then they can be NPCed as normal.
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:It'll be interesting to see if Rhaegar joins the War soon enough to make a difference. Say what you will about his personal choices, he was a skilled warrior and decent commander, far better than anyone Aerys' would choose.

Warrior yes, but there is nothing to suggest that he was a good commander. His only known engagement had his army on the wrong side of the river suggesting that he was outmaneuvered. Though credit where credit is due, being able to keep 40k men together is a feat in and of itself.
Last edited by Jhet on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:33 am

Dorn seems pretty low, and it should have some ships?
The Greater Vakolicci Haven: Unified, expanding, free

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks for noticing Tyrian Jhet, that's what I get for apping at 4am.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:42 am

Blitzkeig wrote:Dorn seems pretty low, and it should have some ships?

Dorne not having ships is accurate. Its cultural for them. That said these ship numbers definitely look like "proper warships" rather than the numbers you would get from the usual medieval pressing of merchant ships

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:46 am

Jhet wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Dorn seems pretty low, and it should have some ships?

Dorne not having ships is accurate. Its cultural for them. That said these ship numbers definitely look like "proper warships" rather than the numbers you would get from the usual medieval pressing of merchant ships

Isn't it on the coast?

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:50 am

Blitzkeig wrote:Isn't it on the coast?
The southern shore from the foothills of the Red Mountains to the mouth of the Greenblood has no natural harbour, and the land is so inhospitable that no communities could survive there at any rate. Plankytown is Dorne's harbour, so they do see shipping coming in for trade, but they do not possess military ships. EDIT: primarily because of the cultural significance of it.
Last edited by Jhet on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Jhet wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Isn't it on the coast?
The southern shore from the foothills of the Red Mountains to the mouth of the Greenblood has no natural harbour, and the land is so inhospitable that no communities could survive there at any rate. Plankytown is Dorne's harbour, so they do see shipping coming in for trade, but they do not possess military ships. EDIT: primarily because of the cultural significance of it.

The Salty Dornish Area is really the only place where Dorne has any ships. Thus Salty Dornish.

Jhet wrote:as well since the villain Val has stolen Rhaegar from me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I think it's best if one player has Rhaegar and the other Aerys considering the split between the two.)

In regards to martial feats, I do believe Rhaegar is a great fighter. He held his own against Robert for a long time, and won many tournies. However he is no where near the status of the White Bull or the Sword of the Morning. Also I believe Lewyn Martell helped a lot when it came to the forces he led. Lewyn could easily rally the Dornish forces they had.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

reserve house greyjoy

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:OH thank goodness. One of my favorite Game of Thrones RPers will be playing as Robert. I was worried we'd get a wild card as Robert.

Agreed, Robert will be in safe hands with Yaana, along with Jon.

I'm complemented.

As for Jhet's complaints however, what say you, Franc? Personally (though this as obvious as I am the writer here) I don't see the issue. If it's whether I can just use my control of the two to metagame I like to think that's not something I would do, which I hopefully showed in Val's AGOT RP where I was playing characters of various sides and asking to play others against myself because I thought the odds were unfairly stacked in my favour. Though considering the two characters it would actually require me to have them act out of character if I did want them to come into conflict anyway.
Otherwise I am just noticing that Jon and Robert are very key parts of this RP and without Jon leading the Rebellion and Robert as the figurehead we aren't going to get much done. Robert will be starting with Jon anyway and NG will be allowed to control the Stormlands itself whilst I just have Robert.

Up to you at the end of the day, Franc. I'll decide between one of the two if need be.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Agreed, Robert will be in safe hands with Yaana, along with Jon.

I'm complemented.

As for Jhet's complaints however, what say you, Franc? Personally (though this as obvious as I am the writer here) I don't see the issue. If it's whether I can just use my control of the two to metagame I like to think that's not something I would do, which I hopefully showed in Val's AGOT RP where I was playing characters of various sides and asking to play others against myself because I thought the odds were unfairly stacked in my favour. Though considering the two characters it would actually require me to have them act out of character if I did want them to come into conflict anyway.
Otherwise I am just noticing that Jon and Robert are very key parts of this RP and without Jon leading the Rebellion and Robert as the figurehead we aren't going to get much done. Robert will be starting with Jon anyway and NG will be allowed to control the Stormlands itself whilst I just have Robert.

Up to you at the end of the day, Franc. I'll decide between one of the two if need be.

I was going to have jon if you were OK to drop, I have plans for him.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Agreed, Robert will be in safe hands with Yaana, along with Jon.

I'm complemented.

Ive seen you RP, particularly when you were Stannis and Renly and there were no conflicts. I'd be fine with you having both Jon and Robert.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:I'm complemented.

Ive seen you RP, particularly when you were Stannis and Renly and there were no conflicts. I'd be fine with you having both Jon and Robert.

Thank you. Apps should be done by tomorrow then.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

Name: Robert Baratheon
House: House Baratheon of Storm's End
Titles: Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, Lord of Storm's End, Ser
House Seat:
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: De Jure: House Targaryen of King's Landing. De Facto: Nobody.
Appearance:
I'm struggling to find a good picture of a younger Robert so I'll write it out. Robert is the epitome of the Baratheon look: thick black hair, bright blue eyes, tall, strong, handsome, and muscled. Also, clean-shaven. Difficult to find one of him without a beard...
Personality: A renowned lover of women, drinking, hunting, and fighting. Robert is a brave and fierce character, but also headstrong and rash. He is charismatic and craves to be loved. He is not easily slighted, though when he is, his anger has no bounds.
Skills: One of the best warriors of his generation and a good general. Charismatic and good at making friends of enemies. Master of seduction and a skilled drinker.
Weaponry (If any): A spiked iron warhammer crafted by the smith of Storm's End, Donal Noye. Keeps a hunting knife given to him by Jon Arryn on his person. Wears a great antlered helm into battle.
Military Strength: 30,000 men
Biography: Robert Baratheon was born in 262AC to Lord Steffon Baratheon and Lady Cassana Estermont. A year later his brother Stannis was born, though the two have seldom got along due to their contrasting personalities. Robert was a very hearty, boisterous, and fun-loving character, whilst Stannis was far more reserved, boring, and often the outcast.

From an early age Robert was sent away to the Vale where he was fostered with Lord Jon Arryn at the Eyrie. Here Robert became close friends with Jon's other ward, Eddard 'Ned' Stark, as well as close to their guardian, the childless Jon Arryn, who became like a second father to them both.
When Robert was sixteen, his parents left for Essos to find a wife for his cousin, Rhaegar Targaryen. However, upon their return, the ship smashed against the rocks in the Shipbreaker Bay and both Lord Baratheon and Lady Estermont drowned. Both Robert and Stannis witnessed this event, which made Robert the new Lord of Storm's End. Robert returned to the Vale soon after, and has not seen his brother since.

Back in the Vale, after fathering a bastard daughter, Mya Stone, Robert fell in love with Eddard's sister, Lyanna Stark. Eventually their father Rickard Stark agreed to a betrothal between Robert and Lyanna.

In 281 Robert, Ned, and Jon attended Lord Whent's Tourney at Harrenhal, where Robert participated in the melee, unhorsing many. However, at the tournament's conclusion, Rhaegar Targaryen, champion of the joust, chose to name Robert's betrothed as the queen of love and beauty, giving her a crown of winter roses. This was in spite of the fact that Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell (who was in attendance), mother of his daughter Rhaenys. Robert was said to have laughed at this, though privately felt greatly insulted and sparked his dislike for the heir to the throne.

The following year his beloved Lyanna was abducted by Rhaegar, and his father the Mad King executed Lyanna's father and brother Brandon for protesting this alongside Jon Arryn's nephew Elbert and some other lords and their sons. Aerys then demanded that Jon Arryn surrender Robert and Eddard to be executed, but Jon refused, sparking the rebellion against the crown led by Jon, Ned, and Robert.
RP Example: Here.
Notes: New Granadeseret is in control of Stannis Baratheon and the Stormlords and their armies within the Stormlands.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:56 am

App up soon, here's some pictures of young Robert to help, Yaana.

Image Image Image Image Image

I kinda like being in a GOT RP that isn't OPed by myself. I was getting a little tired of all the duties.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Name: Rhaegar
House: Targaryen
Titles: Heir to the Iron Throne, and Prince of Dragonstone
House Seat: Dragonstone
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: His father, King Aerys II.
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Seen as beauitful and galant, Rhaegar is the very image of a perfect king. However, Rhaegar is quiet, private and bookish. He is a fond lover of books, and more so of music as well as poetry. Rhaegar is also very interested in the prophecy of "The Prince that was promised." and believes his new born son, Aegon is this hero. However, he also believes that "a dragon requires three heads." While a very excellent fighter, Rhaegar cares little for the songs of steel and prefers to play with his harp.
Skills:
  • Excellent Warrior-Rhaegar is a fantastic fighter, having trained with the likes of; Barristan Selmy, Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, and Wilem Darry.
  • Great Horse rider-Rhaegar knows the ins and outs of horse riding. Due to his superb riding skills he has won many tournies.
    Weaponry (If any): Castle Forged Bastard Sword, and a small dagger.
  • Master Musican-Rhaegar is a master with his harp, able to bring men and women to tears with his songs.
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): 2,500 (If all the lords sworn to Dragonstone are called)
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please):
Prince Rhaegar was the firstborn son of King Aerys II Targaryen and Queen Rhaella. He was born at Summerhall in 259 AC, on the same day as the great tragedy there. As a child he read obsessively, to the point that jests were made about his habits. He became a noted warrior later in life, although he did not initially seem inclined to martial habits. However, apparently by something he had read, Rhaegar became motivated to become a warrior.

Rhaegar married the Dornish princess Elia Martell in a lavish ceremony. His father did not attend the wedding because he was paranoid about an assassination attempt and did not permit the young Prince Viserys to attend. Rhaegar and his father's relationship was straining at this point, and he and his new bride took up residence on Dragonstone instead of King's Landing. Rhaegar and Elia had their first child, a girl named Rhaenys, in 280 AC. When the babe was presented at court, Rhaegar's mother, Rhaella, embraced her grandchild warmly while King Aerys remarked "she smells Dornish". The relationship between Aerys and Rhaegar became more and more estranged.

During the great tourney at Harrenhal, Rhaegar seemed unstoppable and defeated even Ser Arthur Dayne. Taking the winter rose crown for the queen of love and beauty, he revealed his interest in Lyanna Stark by passing over his wife, Princess Elia of Dorne, and setting it in Lyanna's lap. Eddard Stark later recalled that moment as "when all the smiles died". The next year, Rhaegar seemingly kidnapped Lyanna, for reasons unknown. Now Rhaegar resides at the Tower of Joy, for reasons unknown to others. The King has despatched Gerold Hightower to retrieve Rhaegar.

RP Example: Links in my signature.
Notes: Ser Arthur "Sword of the Morning" Dayne, Ser Gerold "The White Bull" Hightower, Ser Oswell Whent.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:37 am

I'll be reviewing all the apps tomorrow, should have most accepted by tomorrow evening

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:04 am

Jhet, Yaana and Val are all accepted!

As per the things Jhet brought up, i'll address them here.

Military Strength: The numbers come from a Wiki of Ice and Fire, where it gives the Crownlands anywhere between 10,000-15,000 men. I am unsure of which end we should go for, but I placed it on the lower end due to the apparent lack of major families in the area, aside from those sworn to Dragonstone.

Rhaegar's Military ability: I do believe that military skill=/= personal combat skill, I think it can be expected that a guy like Rhaegar, who is noted to be good at essentially anything he puts his mind to, and is the heir to the Throne, would have at least passable skill in directing troops. It is hard to imagine that through all his reading, and all his training he did not at least have a working knowledge of strategy.

Now I would not put him in the top tier of Generals like Stannis for example, but I'd say its safe to assume he is a competent commander.
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:23 am

Name: Randyll Tarly
House: Tarly
Age: 24 (haven't managed to find a suggestion of age anywhere)
Titles: Lord of Horn Hill
House: Tarly
House Seat: Horn Hill
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Tarly to Tyrell
Appearance:

Personality: Narrow-minded, determined, proud, ingenious and capable. Gives of a respectable impression to others being a knowledgeable and tough noble.
Skills: Excellent (although unproven) commander, both in the means of battlefield tactics and strategic planning. Decent administrator but not a man of persuading words.
Weaponry: Heartsbane
Military Strength: I'm not sure how many men House Tarly could muster? 8000? More / less?
Biography: Raised to martial excellence and military expertise by his father Lord Samwell, Randyll reached adulthood a fierce and hard fighter. Marrying Melessa Florent at age 19, Randyll has yet to have his first child. His father passed away after a period of illness three years ago, and Randyll has followed his father's work in drilling the most formidable force in the Reach. Randyll attended the Tourney at Harrenhal and despite not being the best horseman, he was talked into participating in the jousting. Unseating a Westerlander knight after two tilts, he felt confident as he was cheered in by the audience. Facing none other than the Prince of Dragonstone in his second match however, Randyll was unseated in the very first tilt and hurt his knee. Randyll has not attempted to joust since, having limped off the field in shame and pushed his squire attempting to assist aside. Rhaegar later shook hands with him during one of the breaks in all friendlyness and even implied that a warrior of Randyll's stature sure would have done better in the melee. Randyll left the tourney determined he could have done better. Randyll's greatest wish is to father a son, seeing not much else to leave behind in the world than a warrior raised by himself. He is also eager to show his skills in battle, waiting for the day he can lead the Reach's forces in battle.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=416799&start=25
Notes: Hyle Hunt (Squire to Randyll), Melessa Florent, Ser Obert Tarly (younger brother to Randyll, newly knighted)

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:53 pm

Finished my app, sorry if the bio is a bit short
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Warg and Kolumbia are both accepted!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 pm

The IC will be up tomorrow night.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:39 am

Yaana Noore wrote:I'm complemented.

I wasn't worried about metagaming two allies, but about having so much story influence with one RPer. Jon was the leader of the rebellion, getting all the shit done, while Robert was its face, leading all the battles and eventually being king. Those are positions that really should be going to two different people to allow for more interaction.

That being said, there is basically no traffic here, so players are really tight.
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Military Strength: The numbers come from a Wiki of Ice and Fire, where it gives the Crownlands anywhere between 10,000-15,000 men. I am unsure of which end we should go for, but I placed it on the lower end due to the apparent lack of major families in the area, aside from those sworn to Dragonstone.
Not having canon families =/= nobles aren't there. A couple sparsely populated islands in the bay were able to support 3k soldiers in addition to their war galleys. To suggest that the mainland, full of arable land and the center of the realm (so brings in a lot of trade via its two mainland ports) is only able to field two men for every one from the Narrow Sea is silly.

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Rhaegar's Military ability: I do believe that military skill=/= personal combat skill, I think it can be expected that a guy like Rhaegar, who is noted to be good at essentially anything he puts his mind to, and is the heir to the Throne, would have at least passable skill in directing troops. It is hard to imagine that through all his reading, and all his training he did not at least have a working knowledge of strategy.
It was the comment that he was the best general there was at hand for the loyalists. Sadly, aside from JonCon we barely know anything about any of the other potential leaders.
United Kolumbia wrote:Military Strength: I'm not sure how many men House Tarly could muster? 8000? More / less?

The largest and most powerful family in the Reach is able to field around 12k, three times as many men as any of Tyrell's bannermen. So 8k needs to be reduced at least to 4k, but more likely less than that.

EDIT: Would it be helpful to create a Discord chat?
Last edited by Jhet on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 am

Jhet wrote:
United Kolumbia wrote:Military Strength: I'm not sure how many men House Tarly could muster? 8000? More / less?
The largest and most powerful family in the Reach is able to field around 12k, three times as many men as any of Tyrell's bannermen. So 8k needs to be reduced at least to 4k, but more likely less than that.

I'll drop it by a bit then, let's say 3,000? They'll be among the best forces in the Reach armies anyways, given House Tarly's military prowess. Thanks for the input.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 am

I would like to reserve House Whent, but before I write the app I was wondering what kind of troop number people would consider appropriate for that house.

EDIT: Also would control over House Whent translate to control over Ser Oswell?
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse