NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP: IC [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:38 am

Vaquas wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
At the time Soberman called, Joh was parading down Trenton, waving his arm out the window of the driving car at fans on the sidewalk. Any calls as of late were important for Joh, so he pulled over and took the call.

“Yep, hello?”

“Glad I caught you Mayor Stansky, this is Samantha Soberman, I just wanted to let you know that despite some of the things I said on twitter and elsewhere, you and I have a lot in common, and I respect a lot of what you’ve done in Trenton. I think you were a much better candidate than Schlang, a rapist doesn’t belong in the Governors Mansion, and neither does anyone who doesn’t agree with the very basic ideas you’ve laid out in your manifesto.”

Soberman glanced at her campaign manager, who nodded.

“That’s why I wanted to propose something. I think that both Schlang and Hotchkiss are corporate bastards. You and I have our differences of course, but we both stand by very similar worldviews. We both want to make this state better, and we both know that the other two are only going to make it worse.

You came very close to victory in the primary. You hold considerable weight. And you want to hold elected office. As such, I’ve come to the conclusion that both of us would benefit if you would consider coming on board the progressive ticket as my Lieutenant Governor. We’d have a real shot Joh, we’d be making history and we could finally bring to our state the common sense egalitarianism that it deserves. You don’t have to answer right away, and I understand if you’re hesitant. But honestly, what do you have to lose?” She finished.

"It's an interesting idea, Samantha, but that stuff you said before ... it wasn't great. You've accused me of a plethora of things, a sexist, a transphobe, do are actually believe that or was that campaign bluff? My campaign team have thought about this before and we were ripping our hair out - not that I have any - over the fact you constantly attacked me through Twitter. We were like, 'Samantha is digging her own grave and will need the Stansky people if she ever wants to win'.

Like you said, I would like to talk about corporate bastards. If I were to work with you, and that's not impossible, as it broadens my horizons for the future; we'd need to talk about party affiliation. You know that I have lambasted the Progressive Party for being the stooge of WalMart and the Walton Family. For me to work with you, it'd require a departure from the Progressive Party. We'd run on an independent ticket. And that's completely possible, you've already won the Progressive Primary, dropping out from the party and running as an Independent would ensure that the Progressive Party couldn't run a candidate.

Another clause of mine, if I were to join you, would be me to operate a little more freer than most Lieutenants. We wouldn't even have to arrive at the same rallies, you can be in one part of New Jersey, I can be in the other. We'd be able to cover ground twice as much as the other candidates. I'm sure you saw my ground game in the Primary? I could whip out that enthusiasm again.

We would be a strong ballot, combining my support among the working class, poor to middle income working families with your strong credentials with minorities. It's interesting, of course. It all depends on how Schlang acts in the next few days, and how you respond to my conditions, Samantha."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:30 am

City of Utica
303 Genesee St ,Utica, New York State, America

The Lotto Senate campaign had finally, after a period of absence, decided to organise a rally in a city of New York State. The most least likely place for the rally had been decided and insisted by Lenny Lotto personally. Utica. Behind his reasoning the area would give him justification to talk on his campaign's manifesto and main talking points while also ensuring people affected most harshly by these issues listened to him. The event had started as usual, with a scattered crowd forming in front of the old Utica library where speakers and a quick podium had been set up. There were a couple of whistles overshadowed by chatter until High Hopes by Frank Sinatra started playing, a personal and nostalgic song from Lenny's sixties childhood.

He came out waving to the crowd wearing a simple buttoned shirt and blue jeans, he looked back at two of his hired staff in confusion at the set up podium and the microphone on his hand. He quickly hid the mic in his pocket while resting his palms on the stand.

"How are you today Utica?, we'll I'm not doing fine myself. I drove down West Utica both yesterday and today, and it made me feel down. It made me feel down becausthe hardworking Americans have to live in places like this to even survive in New York. It is disgusting and undignified that the political elite of our state has forgotten about you and your struggle in small cities like this, cities which are the heart and soul of the New York state itself. I haven't forgotten though, I haven't, just a couple of decades ago, probably, I wrote some publications on here. I have seen Utica through ups and downsth, all of my opponents can't say the same."

"In fact my opponents, who want to be senators might I add, probably don't know there is anything beyond New York City. They don't think about us here in all cities of New York, only themselvesth. Well I say it's time to stop it, it's time for you people here to take control away from the people who ignore you, who don't care about you. We need to take back control. Imagine what we could achieve in great cities like this: urban rejuvenation, new entrepreneurs making businesses and remade brilliant roadsth." He grabbed a the microphone in his pocket and began slowly walking around.

"That would just be the beginning, I would offer no religiousth discrimination, no racial discrimination when people are hiring in businessesth. I say affirmative action is near to the apartheid, not the same but similar, all Americans deserve jobs and i'd make sure near every American gets a stable source of income. I'd prevent drugsth, drugs which destroy families and people's well being, drugs which burden our doctors, drugs which end up in the tragic deathsth of many young people. I'll fight against all sorts of drugs, we need a community free from it, and I'd fight against the criminals and traffickers that bring drugs to our State on a national level. Enough is is enough I say, we need action." He centred himself on the podium.

"And I could never miss the economy, all of thisth wouldn't be here without sthome of the sthmart brains behind the American economy. But we are starting to get very bad thinking here now, bad ideas in New York. Ideasth which go against the fundamental bringer of prosperity, free trade. Free trade which let's our American corporations bring money and jobs back to our soil. New York is the centre of American trade, and we need to keep it that way without letting any other state take our place. We will not let un-smart people let our state down."

"Thank you Utica for having me, it's a pleasure to visit this city once more and see how you are all doing. Thank you again."
Lenny Lotto left the front of the library shacking hands with some of the supporters and signing a few autographs.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:45 am

ImageImage
Lenny Lotto
@Lennyslottomachine

Schlang doesn't have good politics or policies, majority of it I disagree with. Some of it's awful. But I have to congratulate him man on man, he won a good race against a closet Communist and that is respectable. #NJRace #NJ #Schlang

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:56 am

The Fransworth Residence

Albert had finally gotten home for a brief while after leaving the Capital and had already done the typical: a cigar, a newspaper and a quick prayer to his saviour. He went into the kitchen to serve himself cold lasagne from yesterday until he noticed on fridge a peculiar thing, a crunched up note propped up by a 90s Disneyland Florida magnet. It simply displaying the scribbled name of 'Clearwater'.

The cigar from his mouth dropped on the floor, 'motherfucker' he thought to himself as he remembered the phone call and meeting. His drooped mouth turned into a faint smile as he thought about it for a second longer.

He quickly beeped in a few numbers in his old wired telephone, Clearwater's phone number.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 am

Sanabel wrote:Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

"Yeah, you're right...I'll fuckin eviscerate Hotchkiss. Uh, Joh Stansky, if he wasn't a dumbass. Don Schlang if he wasn't my dad. I don't know yet for that..."

Schlang rested his head in his hand.

Augusta, Maine

"I have a suggestion. I have a friend in Somerset County, she's the Sheriff. Ran for Congress a couple years back and lost the primary, which is a bit of a shame, but that's beside the point. Rachel Heinemann is her name, she's a bit rough around the edges but she never gets tired, and she'd do a lot of good on the ticket given some of the things being levelled against you. I know it may be more tempting to go with a more well-known pick, but I think she'd be effective when it comes to winning over hesitant women."

Patton took a drink.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 am

Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

Schlang snapped his fingers for his father to come over. He mouthed for him to get a pen and paper, and then wrote the woman's name.

"Uh you think she'd wanna jump on the Schlang Train? She sounds good. I'm a big fan of law enforcement and women. How's she at campaigning?"
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 am

Puertollano wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
“Glad I caught you Mayor Stansky, this is Samantha Soberman, I just wanted to let you know that despite some of the things I said on twitter and elsewhere, you and I have a lot in common, and I respect a lot of what you’ve done in Trenton. I think you were a much better candidate than Schlang, a rapist doesn’t belong in the Governors Mansion, and neither does anyone who doesn’t agree with the very basic ideas you’ve laid out in your manifesto.”

Soberman glanced at her campaign manager, who nodded.

“That’s why I wanted to propose something. I think that both Schlang and Hotchkiss are corporate bastards. You and I have our differences of course, but we both stand by very similar worldviews. We both want to make this state better, and we both know that the other two are only going to make it worse.

You came very close to victory in the primary. You hold considerable weight. And you want to hold elected office. As such, I’ve come to the conclusion that both of us would benefit if you would consider coming on board the progressive ticket as my Lieutenant Governor. We’d have a real shot Joh, we’d be making history and we could finally bring to our state the common sense egalitarianism that it deserves. You don’t have to answer right away, and I understand if you’re hesitant. But honestly, what do you have to lose?” She finished.

"It's an interesting idea, Samantha, but that stuff you said before ... it wasn't great. You've accused me of a plethora of things, a sexist, a transphobe, do are actually believe that or was that campaign bluff? My campaign team have thought about this before and we were ripping our hair out - not that I have any - over the fact you constantly attacked me through Twitter. We were like, 'Samantha is digging her own grave and will need the Stansky people if she ever wants to win'.

Like you said, I would like to talk about corporate bastards. If I were to work with you, and that's not impossible, as it broadens my horizons for the future; we'd need to talk about party affiliation. You know that I have lambasted the Progressive Party for being the stooge of WalMart and the Walton Family. For me to work with you, it'd require a departure from the Progressive Party. We'd run on an independent ticket. And that's completely possible, you've already won the Progressive Primary, dropping out from the party and running as an Independent would ensure that the Progressive Party couldn't run a candidate.

Another clause of mine, if I were to join you, would be me to operate a little more freer than most Lieutenants. We wouldn't even have to arrive at the same rallies, you can be in one part of New Jersey, I can be in the other. We'd be able to cover ground twice as much as the other candidates. I'm sure you saw my ground game in the Primary? I could whip out that enthusiasm again.

We would be a strong ballot, combining my support among the working class, poor to middle income working families with your strong credentials with minorities. It's interesting, of course. It all depends on how Schlang acts in the next few days, and how you respond to my conditions, Samantha."

Newark, New Jersey

"Well Joh, I think we can work out a compromise," she responded, thinking as she spoke. "I'd be more than willing to grant you the mobility and independence you desire as a Lieutenant, I think you're certainly deserving of that, and it benefits both of us. However, when it comes to Party Affiliation, I have an obligation to the thousands of Progressives who went out to vote today to be their candidate, I can't morally stomach abandoning them like that for my own gain. That said, I would have no problem with placing you on the ticket as an Independent, you can focus on policy and continue hitting at the admittedly shitty buisness practices of Walmart while still running alongside me. I'm nobody's stooge Joh, not Walton's or anyone elses, and I want you to take that to heart. If anything, we need more people like me who are willing to buck Walton in the party, otherwise, it'll die when she does."

"As for the attacks, they were mostly political. I'll freely admit that your union history concerns me because of the bias against women often endemic in such circles, but that's something that we'll work on changing once we've taken office." she said confidently. "Don't take the past too personally."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 am

Sanabel wrote:Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

Schlang snapped his fingers for his father to come over. He mouthed for him to get a pen and paper, and then wrote the woman's name.

"Uh you think she'd wanna jump on the Schlang Train? She sounds good. I'm a big fan of law enforcement and women. How's she at campaigning?"

Augusta, Maine

"She's alright. She's unmarried with no kids, gives her a lot of free time to canvass. Good at grabbing attention and holding an audience. She's a pretty standard liberal when it comes to views, I think the two of you would get along just fine. And as for if she'd be willing to jump on board, trust me when I say she'd like nothing more." Patton relayed.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 am

Prolieum wrote:
Appleby's Office, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

Appleby flicked a pair of pens at Kimbrell and Prejean in a light arc, the reverse-grip toss doing a surprisingly good job of delivering each to its respective target.

"Signing?"

"I'd just like to see the polling first." Kimbrell said, patiently. "I like to be sure of these things."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:24 am

Melissa Hotchkiss
@NJGovernor

New Jersey's next Governor must be someone who will work for the good of the state, not a wannabe revolutionary. If Schlang joins with this "manifesto" he will show that he's more concerned with implementing an agenda than running New Jersey well.
#Hotchkiss2017
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:26 am

Appleby rolled his eyes. "If polls were supposed to make the laws then we would make laws from polls instead of electing people."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:29 am

Prolieum wrote:

Appleby rolled his eyes. "If polls were supposed to make the laws then we would make laws from polls instead of electing people."

Unsure of how to respond, Kimbrell let out a strained chuckle.

"Yes, well, I'd still like to see them, Congressman."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 am

"Fine." Appleby bluntly answered in an unenthused, uncaring tone, acceding to the request. "I'll have someone send it, or something."

He glanced to Prejean, then back to Kimbrell.

"He probably wouldn't like this second one. I have another bill. You might be interested, if you can work without polls."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 am

Schlang's Twitter

Tony Schlang
@TheSchlangster

@NJGovernor As if you know how to run a state
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Hey Ellen, (@AmericanProgress) what do you think of the Noble Defense bill in the HoR right now? #AnswerMeEllen #EllenWaltonIsBad #TellUsThenLeaveEllen
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Jared Bartley
@jbartPAGOV

Anyone ever had to wake up at five in the morning to catch a ten hour flight to Honolulu? -.-

Well, it is for a good cause, as I will be meeting with @DNCChair during my trip to Honolulu and be discussing the future of our home-state of Pennsylvania.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

5:11 am - 9 May 17
Last edited by Granluras on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Newark, New Jersey

"Well Joh, I think we can work out a compromise," she responded, thinking as she spoke. "I'd be more than willing to grant you the mobility and independence you desire as a Lieutenant, I think you're certainly deserving of that, and it benefits both of us. However, when it comes to Party Affiliation, I have an obligation to the thousands of Progressives who went out to vote today to be their candidate, I can't morally stomach abandoning them like that for my own gain. That said, I would have no problem with placing you on the ticket as an Independent, you can focus on policy and continue hitting at the admittedly shitty buisness practices of Walmart while still running alongside me. I'm nobody's stooge Joh, not Walton's or anyone elses, and I want you to take that to heart. If anything, we need more people like me who are willing to buck Walton in the party, otherwise, it'll die when she does."

"As for the attacks, they were mostly political. I'll freely admit that your union history concerns me because of the bias against women often endemic in such circles, but that's something that we'll work on changing once we've taken office." she said confidently. "Don't take the past too personally."

“This whole idea doesn’t work well for me. I’ll tell you why. Why should I run for Lieutenant Governor, under you? I’ve had folks tell me that if I run as an independent myself I’ve got a shot. So, if I’m going to run as an independent and abandon the Democratic, why should I do it for such a low position?

And, you’ve got to understand, I do have things to lose. I have plans for my political future and most of them require the support from the Democratic Party. I’m losing a lot if I betray the Party, just like you said earlier about you leaving the Progressive Party.”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Amaras's Office, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

A well-groomed young man in professional attire greeted the Senator from Alabama politely.

"Good afternoon, Senator Kramer." Looking at the computer screen out of the side of his eye as he addressed him, he returned his full gaze to the visitor.

"Is the Senator expecting you?" he inquired, having completed his review of Amaras's scheduled meetings to find it empty for the hour.
Male.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Joh Stansky
@GiveJohaGo!

Schlang, you have two days to formally reply to the Stansky Manifesto. If you fail to meet this deadline, that’s no my problem.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Amaras's Office, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

A well-groomed young man in professional attire greeted the Senator from Alabama politely.

"Good afternoon, Senator Kramer." Looking at the computer screen out of the side of his eye as he addressed him, he returned his full gaze to the visitor.

"Is the Senator expecting you?" he inquired, having completed his review of Amaras's scheduled meetings to find it empty for the hour.

Amaras's office, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

"The Senator is not expecting me Sir." Kramer replied politely.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Joh Stansky
@GiveJohaGo!

Schlang, you have two days to formally reply to the Stansky Manifesto. If you fail to meet this deadline, that’s no my problem.

(Image)

Congressman Jason Samara
@JSam8

@GiveJohaGo! Did you spend as much time on your 'Manifesto' as you did proof reading your tweet?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #27
Allentown, Lehigh County

“Importance in the Primary Election ranks at a 4 out of 5” Rebecca Moss said as she hit the next slide in her powerpoint, “your strength on the position of Law Enforcement is only at a 2, focus groups indicate they don’t believe you are anti-cop they just haven’t heard you talk on the subject or be an advocate.” Anderson leaned back and rubbed his temples, alrighty then we hit energy and it did well now lets hit the cops and secure their support.”

“Hold it” De Sousa came in the room late and had been standing in the back “you are going to hit criminal justice reform heavily in the general and the public isnt very supportive of police officers right now, we need to thread the needle here”

“Eric Garner” Vera Grogan spoke up unexpectedly in the crowded room drawing everyone's attention, after a few moments she continued “Garner died in Police Custody because he was selling loose cigarettes, so many of these encounters that fuck up police community relations come from incidents that should NEVER have happened. The police didnt choose to make selling cigarettes illegal, that was the government trying make sure the bottom line of the tax wasnt affected. Criminal Justice Reform is pro cop, lets them focus on murder and robbery, things that matter instead of focusing on small things that only hurt community relations.”

FOP Lodge #10, Allentown PA
24 hours later

“Thank you all for inviting me here today” Glen stood at the podium before a packed FOP lodge, ready to talk to the assembled police. He didnt think he could win the union, but he could convince individual cops to join him and help him with the crowd that was pro-cop in the state. He was not dressed in his usual suit and formal wear instead choosing to adopt a much more casual attitude, plain spoken and direct.

“I don’t need to tell you all that the last few years have been hard for law enforcement. I’ve never been in your shoes, and i’m not going to pretend I know what youre going through. What I will do however is pledge to support you all in these tough times.”

“Part of that is about resources, giving you all the resources you need to do your jobs and do them as safely as possible. Part of that is making sure you having the technology that protects you from fraudulent claims like body cameras. Part of that is making sure that the state gives you the benefit of the doubt and stands by you instead of throwing you under the bus to win some political points. Part of that is making sure you have full benefits and pensions in a system that is frankly unsustainable and benefits no one if it collapses. And part of that is making reforms to our criminal code.”

“I want to make changes to the criminal code so that you don’t need to confront people and hurt your relationships with communities over minor things… no one wins from that. I want to reform the criminal code so that we reduce recidivism, so that the guy you arrested last year isn’t back on the street committing worse crimes next year but instead has a job and is building a life for himself. And all that money we save from not having to lock up every minor offender… I’m going to commit to law enforcement, increasing pay and benefits, making sure you don’t need to work overtime if you dont want to.”

"For too many years, we have watched politicians escalate political attacks on our courageous police officers and I’ve never seen it more than over the last few years — it’s disgraceful, politicians who spread this dangerous anti-police sentiment make life easier for criminals and more dangerous for law-abiding citizens, and they also make it more dangerous for police, and it must stop, and it must stop now. Top to bottom we need to maximize the resources of law enforcement, and maximize our support."

After his talk Anderson spent an hour chatting with individual officers, answering questions and asking his own trying to make a personal connection with them. Later that night he invited a dozen of the officers to a local bar and bought them all a round of drinks.

TWITTER

Congressman Glen Anderson
@AndersonPA17

Great day talking to FOP Lodge #10 both at the lodge and over beers after!

Last edited by Dentali on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Dentali wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Joh Stansky
@GiveJohaGo!

(Image)

Congressman Jason Samara
@JSam8

@GiveJohaGo! Did you spend as much time on your 'Manifesto' as you did proof reading your tweet?

Joh Stansky
@GiveJohaGo!

Yeah, F you too.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Jared Bartley
@jbartPAGOV

Seriously, @JSam8, teasing people over grammar? How childish can you be?

RETWEETSFAVORITE

2:17 pm - 9 May 17
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Naples 45
New York City
New York

Marli nodded along, jotting something down on the receipt the waiter had handed her.

"Data...mhmm...groups..."

The Senator had finished.

"I see, of course. I have struggled to analyze as you said, but after dis chat, I think its time to dig in my heels n get ready for da long haul. Funds will no longer be my excuse. I have a great support system n I no dat once I get out dere, campaignin', people will finally start to know me for who I actually am n nothin' else. As for da connections n data, it all boils down to knowin' your target, knowin' your audience. N I can do dat, or if not, I no someone who can. We are in da 21st century n wit social media, da ground game can be changed and I have a friend from college in data analytics...I think I no how to tap into da new style of campaignin'."

Marli closed her eyes for a second, deep in thought.

"As for my platform, I'll stick to my guns n keep steady. Dat's more important, both out of principle n for dis party. Now...."

She paused, as if nervous.

"Would you be willing to support me as well? An endorsement? Or just not yet?"

She waited, placing her hands in her lap to avoid appearing more nervous.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse