NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP: IC [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:56 am

Jamie Johnson
@RIRep

The GOP has made a mockery of the investigation calling Rossi’s college boyfriend as an “impartial witness” !

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:43 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
"Maybe add an exception if the individual is trying to forcefully enter your house as well that can be used as an affirmative defense."

"Fine, we can add that"

“Right we can draft a bill on that starting immediately”

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:04 pm

"Fine, we can add that"

"Good. And we should look at promoting it. Find some Governors who will commit to repealing their state's laws and make statements on that while we take action federally."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Runoff Campaign Victory Speech
Grand Hope Park
Los Angeles, California

The breeze moved through the park as some leaves rustled. The sun shined as the few clouds in the sky parted for the time being. The crowd had increased from the small size that it had started as just a couple minutes ago. More people continued to make their way to the event, many holding signs of the recognizable "Marlowe, our Mayor!" slogan. The media were forced to the periphery of the crowds, though the cameras remained at the center, with the iconic bell tower in the background. The gathering erupted in applause and cheering as he appeared on the raised platform.

He waved, wearing a casual jacket and removed his hat. He grabbed the microphone off of the stand and smiled brilliantly.

"Yes, yes, it really it is Scotty! No I haven't died or had a mental breakdown or been abducted by aliens...like my critics and those in tin-foil hats might want to have you all believe, hahaha"

[laughter erupted]

"Rather, I had to take a break from the campaign not because of my health but rather the health of my wife....more specifically for the health of our newborn baby! Yes, those tabloids were right and I'm proud to announce that not only did I win the runoff for this great race but also that I have become a father at the ripe age of 58. My wife, Emma, though has made it clear that despite our intention to become the best parents we can be, we cannot abandon those who put their faith in us to help lead this amazing city! So it is with great happiness that I announce that this campaign will be preparing for the upcoming runoff!"

[cheers erupted]

"Let's keep this momentum going! This campaign will continue with the same promises I made when I began, with the promises of increased protections for our environment to protect places like this park with our outstanding Parks department, to reduce L.A.'s carbon footprint, to support mental health initiatives and gun control, to secure jobs for those in need, and now with a child of my own, of securing health programs and reform for this entire city. Paid paternity leave for all fathers, increased contraceptive and sex education for our youth, and nutritional assistance for the neediest, it is time we allow Los Angeles to not only lead California but to lead the country in progressive reform."

"This campaign will push for all of these needed changes, but I want to make it clear that it will not end once the election is over. That is why, with 5 current field offices right now, I will be increasing those to now 30 field offices all over the city in the coming weeks. And if elected, these will become new, permanent offices of the mayor, where we will not only be able to reach more people but offer access to every resident to speak to me about what they need. I will focus on transparency and access, not being a mayor closed up at city hall but part of the community I will serve if given a chance."

"So be prepared, this campaign is just getting started and to me, the time to serve this city has already started even if I don't have a title."

Scotty smiled as the crowd cheered, but he wasted no time moving down. He rushed to the front of the crowd as two aides trailed him. Shaking hands, he began to spoke to them all and passed out pamphlets of the field offices that would be going up. While he knew he was behind schedule, the greeting was more important.

The campaign had suffered from Scotty's absence due to his child and his insistence that there not be major news coverage on it. But the campaign had made several moves, firstly with a rented bus acting as the mobile campaign headquarters. Then, his campaign manager, Emilio, had done a great job shifting to take up stances of the progressive. PAC money had been very publically denied by the Marlowe team and it had served to play him up as a Democratic outsider. The turnout for him had still suffered from a lack of public appearances but with Marlowe's funds still impressive and campaign contributions rising, the GTVO campaign had turned in their favor. Already, ads had been bought everywhere and shuttles were being organized by Marlowe's Voting Director. It would not flop, not at all.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Marlowe says he took a campaign break due to his 'wife's health'. I'm not buying it! #TellUsWhereYouReallyWere #Drugs? #Rehab? #EllenWaltonsPuppet
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Jamie Johnson
@RIRep

The GOP us trying to call in biased witnesses to slander the name of the people who came forward about alleged racism on Dr Rossi’s part ! With such bias and slander I am starting to believe the accusers more and more

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Alphonsey Estates Vineyard, Yountville, California

Reginaldo Alphonsey returned to California to drop into his state offices to engage with constituents, and raise money both for himself, the Solidarity PAC, and for the Progressive candidate in the Los Angeles mayoral race. However, he was able to take a couple of days to briefly unwind at his home in Yountville. He took some time to cook, help with the work around the vineyard.

Spring is usually a busy time for winemakers. The vintages are filtered and blended, and the vines are prepped for the growing season. While it was not his main career, there was sentimental value for Reginaldo in helping out on the estate, and there was a therepeutic aspect to reconnecting with the land and his heritage.

During one of the evenings Alphonsey spent at home, he and his brother Valentine cooked empanadas together, a tradition they held since they were young.

"Reggie, ya don't seem yourself in Washington, man. Now that I'm handling all the Solidarity stuff, and I actually see you there, I can tell something's up," Valentine remarked as he packed beef into one of the empanadas.

"I'm fine, Valentine," Reginaldo remarked tersley, "I simply hate the direction in which things are going and it disturbs me greatly."

"Drop the television facade bullcrap, man. You're my brother and I know what's up with you. Are you still going to GW?"

"No. Well, I- no, no I'm not. I'm serious Valentine, my concerns here are entirely political," Alphonsey replied in an uncharacteristically eager manner. "And I will be frank with you, Valentine. I do want to maintain and advance my political status now that I hold office, it is important to me. It's so that I can make the changes that need to be made."

"Yeah I don't believe that, Reggie. You've had a lotta rough times, man...tv taught you to look out for yourself right? To further your image? It's not healthy to do that all the time," Valentine pressed.

"Valentine, I am being perfectly honest with you. Nothing is wrong! I'm here now aren't I? I've been happy for the entirety of this weekend."

Valentine pursed his lips as he finished the remainder of the empanadas. "Heat up the oil for me, Reg."

There was silence for a moment, and a tension that could be cut with a knife. Reginaldo's veneer was not necessarily solid, but that wasn't seen by anyone except for Valentine.

Valentine repeated, "Reg, are you still going to GW?"

"Yes I am still. Well, sometimes. I don't know Valentine, what am I supposed to do?"

Alphonsey turned on the gas stove, and watched the oil start to bubble. As the steam began to rise from the pan, he dropped in the empanadas and listened to the sizzle.

Valentine put his hands together. "Look, Reggie you're lonely. You're lonely man, it's clear. Here's what you gotta do: stop going to GW unless you're going to talk to him. And you should talk to him. Get out of your ivory tower for one time. You're a charismatic speaker, you're a huge personality, there's no reason why you can't apply that to one guy. Just one dude. And if he's anything like the Alphonseys, you two are gonna click immediately. Alright?"

"Hmm," Reginald replied.

"You're an odd guy, Reggie."

"Valentine you and I are trying to do something long overdue. Look at what we have built in but a few short months? The small donors, the stump speeches. If the Senate isn't going to let us get our agenda through, then we can remake the Senate. That's why we have Singh and West."

"Enough business, we do this stuff all the time. This is about you, which is always your favorite subject otherwise," Valentine replied.

"There was a point to that, Valentine. We simply do not have time right now for petty social qualms."

Valentine laughed. "You're gonna burn the empanadas, zoquete!"

Reginaldo rushed to strain the pastries from the pan, and lay them across a drip rack. "All fixed!"

Valentine continued, "There's time. We both know it. I want you to speak to him, just once."

"I...I don't know how."

"You don't know how to speak to him? Reginaldo Alphonsey, pedantic asshole of the century doesn't know how to talk to some college kid? That's rich."

"How do I explain myself? How do I tell him...everything. Did she tell him anything? Does he even know I exist?'

Valentine chuckled. "You gotta go with the flow. No sense worrying about it. Agami Karma is at play here, man. If you don't open yourself to him and bring yourself back into his life, what's gonna happen down the line? You'll be so so so much happier if you take a chance and talk to him. And when you're happier and healthier you'll be so much stronger. You'll be the man this country needs. So talk to him."

"I'll talk to him," Reginaldo said quietly. "But quit it with the Buddhism."

Valentine laughed again. "Relax, Reg. Relax. Enough about this, be happy and in the moment with me, open a bottle of the '08 Shiraz. But promise you'll talk to him."

Alphonsey replied, "That's my least favorite vintage. You got the blend totally wrong, and there's a reason why we have so much of it in the cellar, Valentine. But I promise I will talk to him."

Alphonsey proceeded to bite into one of the empanadas and burn his tongue red with hot grease.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am

"Good. And we should look at promoting it. Find some Governors who will commit to repealing their state's laws and make statements on that while we take action federally."

“Governor Huerta would be a good candidate to put pressure on given the composition of Democrats in Florida. Gov Ramirez will also be a good options. For Illinois we can use pur state legislators to push the bill through, and make Jackson look more inept than he already is.”

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

“Governor Huerta would be a good candidate to put pressure on given the composition of Democrats in Florida. Gov Ramirez will also be a good options. For Illinois we can use pur state legislators to push the bill through, and make Jackson look more inept than he already is.”

"Does California have stand your ground? We could also look at Kuznetsov and in Pennsylvania or the guy you have in New Mexico. Get a staffer to get a list of the states that have them so we know who to target"

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:“Governor Huerta would be a good candidate to put pressure on given the composition of Democrats in Florida. Gov Ramirez will also be a good options. For Illinois we can use pur state legislators to push the bill through, and make Jackson look more inept than he already is.”

"Does California have stand your ground? We could also look at Kuznetsov and in Pennsylvania or the guy you have in New Mexico. Get a staffer to get a list of the states that have them so we know who to target"

“In practice California does it should be a relatively easy win there. I will tel my staff to work on the list immediately.”

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 am

“In practice California does it should be a relatively easy win there. I will tel my staff to work on the list immediately.”

"I'll make up an ad buy."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:34 am

“I will wrangle the votes through connections. Is there anything else?”

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 am

"Who do we give it to in the Senate? Not many good options. I suggest pushing it on someone like Rasmussen. We can't let them keep defecting like they have been"

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:50 am

"Who do we give it to in the Senate? Not many good options. I suggest pushing it on someone like Rasmussen. We can't let them keep defecting like they have been"

“Yeah sure.”

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:15 am

Twitter

Senator Zachary Fowler
@SenatorFowler

3 worst supreme court cases in the past 40 years. Smith v. Maryland, Harlow v. Fitzgerald, Bennis v. Michigan.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #19
Aliquippa, Beaver County

Yet another former democratic stronghold, like so many places in the state and the country the democrats had a huge registration advantage but it wasnt active. The GOP had majority status now winning in 2015 for the first time since 1955, in 2008 onward it had been republican in Presidential campaigns. It was counties like this where he hoped his moderate message would take hold.

Glen visited the city of Aliquippa on a Sunday after attending church services at Mt Carmel Presbyterian which had been established in 1793, attending church was something his team hand agreed almost unanimously was necessary. He was divorced, pro-lgbtq and was mentored by a pro-choice republican, his religion was in question certainly which was a pain in the ass for a republican especially in the primary. The visual was vital.

After church he toured the public charter school of Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School and the Beaver Area Academic Charter School, to help connect him to the support of expanding charter school tax credits and education choice. Once again a vital visual that would be promoted on social media, though being forced to visit on a sunday was disappointing as no photo ops with children were possible.

He gave his speech in front of the ruins of the Jones and Laughlin Steel Company mill, which had closed when the steel industry collapsed in the 80s. This reinforced its status as a former steel town, and one that might be aided by Glen’s message of pro manufacturing policies.

"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“This same leadership has led to the near collapse of our pension system in the state, the average family of four now owes $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund debt. 10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here in places like Erie, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Governor's Mansion, Albany, New York
Di Pietro walks out on to the stage for his new concept: open forum press conferences.
"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Today I am trying something new. Today I will let you ask any question to me, and I will answer to the best of my ability. I will note, however, that a resolution that will condemn the vicious assault at the National March for Equality on Senator Villanueva de Peña of New Mexico has passed the state house with tripartisan support. You may ask your questions now."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
After some thought I have decided to accept Representative Johnson's debate challenge.
#AffrayinAppalachia
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
(Image)
Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
After some thought I have decided to accept Representative Johnson's debate challenge.
#AffrayinAppalachia

Samantha Soberman
@SamanthaSoberman

#AffrayInAppalachia? This is going to be a serious debate, not a WWE Cagematch you Septuagenarian asshole. Well, as serious as it can be given the participants.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Governor's Mansion, Albany, New York
Di Pietro walks out on to the stage for his new concept: open forum press conferences.
"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Today I am trying something new. Today I will let you ask any question to me, and I will answer to the best of my ability. I will note, however, that a resolution that will condemn the vicious assault at the National March for Equality on Senator Villanueva de Peña of New Mexico has passed the state house with tripartisan support. You may ask your questions now."

“Governor, do you believe POMA is a good idea?”

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:
(Image)
Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
#AffrayinAppalachia

Samantha Soberman
@SamanthaSoberman

#AffrayInAppalachia? This is going to be a serious debate, not a WWE Cagematch you Septuagenarian asshole. Well, as serious as it can be given the participants.

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@SamanthaSoberman, I would just like to point out ma'am that the hashtag is supposed to have similarities to the hashtag used in the debate between Senator Amaras and Mayor Stansky.

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
Then again, I wouldn't expect a columnist from the Huffington Post to actually read something properly.
#FailingNewspaper
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:56 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Governor's Mansion, Albany, New York

"Governor, will you take steps towards implementing a Universal Healthcare system given your authority under the RSLA?"
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Great! I hope to debate you soon. #DebateTime #GiannaCarrollton #Democrats #WaltonSmellsLikeEggs #SoDoesAlphonsey
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Great! I hope to debate you soon. #DebateTime #GiannaCarrollton #Democrats #WaltonSmellsLikeEggs #SoDoesAlphonsey

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@TheLoveDoctor, as do I Representative.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Senator Ryan Carter

@SenCarter
"The next witness to appear before the committee will be Sophia Lorenz."
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse