NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP: IC [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 am

Velahor wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
1495 Williamsport Pike, Martinsburg, West Virginia

"We'll start by letting the people know, of course," Amaras replied. "If the lawyers come out, then we'll just affirm it."

“That sounds good to me,” says Nicole, turning to Jared, “what do you think?”

"If it gets all this blame off your back babe, that's what we'll do"
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:37 am

1495 Williamsport Pike, Martinsburg, West Virginia

"Good. Then we'll make the truth known as soon as we're set up to tell it. Now, is there anything else?" Amaras inquired.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:42 am

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Fun fact: Troy Wilson is a massive fan of the Dudley Tax! #TheMoreYouKnow #WyomingDeservesBetter #StupidWilson
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Fun fact: Troy Wilson is a massive fan of the Dudley Tax! #TheMoreYouKnow #WyomingDeservesBetter #StupidWilson

Wilson Twitter @TroyWilson
"YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST DISGUSTING LIARS ON THIS PLANET! I HAVE ALWAYS OPPOSED THE DUDLEY TAX, AND I ALWAYS WILL. I WANT EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THAT TAX REPEALED. #DonaldJohnsonIsNoble's#3Fan"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Outside the Residence of (former) Congresswoman Anna Rossi, the White house chief of staff arrived with little spectacle. He avoided the press and media slipping out quietly with a Secret Service agent in the night with a mission from the President.

Knocking on Rossi's door he hoped to be let in before more attention was drawn.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
The only thing disgusting here Troy are your Ethics.#WilsonLovesTheDudleyTax #WyomingDeservesBetter #StupidWilson #ShadyWilson
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
The only thing disgusting here Troy are your Ethics.#WilsonLovesTheDudleyTax #WyomingDeservesBetter #StupidWilson #ShadyWilson

"Google 'Wilson Dudley Opposistion'. Anyone with a brain can see that I oppose a tax that helped kill 1,800 energy jobs alone in Wyoming. People are paying at least 30 cents more at the pump, and that is based on a study of a $25 tax."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Rossi Apartment, Washington D.C.

A short time passed after the knock before the door opened partway, a man in shorts and a t-shirt, but no shoes, sporting a full close-cropped beard and looking somewhat tired opened standing in the opening.

"Good evening. How can I help you?" he greeted politely but shortly.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Prolieum wrote:

A short time passed after the knock before the door opened partway, a man in shorts and a t-shirt, but no shoes, sporting a full close-cropped beard and looking somewhat tired opened standing in the opening.

"Good evening. How can I help you?" he greeted politely but shortly.

"Hello, my name is Simon. I'm looking for Dr. Anna Rossi?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:32 pm

He briefly looked the man up and down before flatly stating. "We're not taking any press. Sorry."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Prolieum wrote:

He briefly looked the man up and down before flatly stating. "We're not taking any press. Sorry."

Simon flashes his White House identification "I'm the White House Chief of Staff to the President of the United States. Please tell her I have a message from the President and would appreciate a moment of her time."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:46 pm

The man's facial expression shifted, and he seemed to debate with himself internally before answering. "She's not here. She already flew back home."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Prolieum wrote:

The man's facial expression shifted, and he seemed to debate with himself internally before answering. "She's not here. She already flew back home."

Simon writes down his personal cell number and hands it to the man "I'll try and reach her there. Please let her know I came by with a message from the President."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor

Retweeted by Noble4Senate
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

The man hesitated a moment, then took the note. "I'll do that. Have a good night."

He began to close the door.
Male.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor

"NOBLE LIES! All she does is shoot up her own rally, buys airplanes with campaign money (how she got it I don't know), and tweets lies about me. Even Kramer and Amaras don't tweet lies about me. #NobleForPrison"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor

"And your ethics are amazing? How do you justify shooting nine people? #NobleLies #NobleForPrison"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Dianna Noble
@Noble4Senate

Troy Wilson is triggered. Wyoming doesn't want a liberal, they want a conservative, like me. Wyoming deserves so much more better. It's even bipartisan to say Troy has no ethics! #WyomingDeservesBetter

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:00 am

Prolieum wrote:

The man hesitated a moment, then took the note. "I'll do that. Have a good night."

He began to close the door.

"Good night" Simon said as the door closed. He pulled out a phone an dialed an assistant he knew was near the President "If the President is awake please inform him Rossi has gone back to Indiana, i'll send someone to talk with her there."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:07 am

Richmond Coliseum, Richmond, Virginia

Mo Clearwater hadn't entirely left the public eye in Virginia, at least his name hadn't. His best selling books and their respective films were a hit, and he ad amassed a following, especially in suburban areas in Virginia where his brand of military/intelligence thrillers took place and were pertinent. Down in the Hampton Roads region, many still fondly remembered his time in the House over a decade later.

However, the Clearwater campaign manager was a seasoned veteran by the name of Michael Price, originally from Newport News. He knew that Clearwater had to re-introduce himself to the people of Virginia as a statewide political figure. So for his kick-off rally, they booked the Richmond Coliseum. It was set up to only hold a few thousand, so it would have a more intimate feeling with Clearwater at the center. The audience was filled mostly with members of the local African-American community, as the campaign had reached out to black churches and community centers regarding the rally. The audience also had a lot of suburbanites who recognized his book.

Clearwater took the stage in a simple polo shirt, gray pants, and a denim jacket.

"Hi folks. Thank ya'll for comin' out here tonight. I don't know about you, but I've been watchin' the news a lot lately. Hard not to with what's been goin' on. But folks, I can't be the only one who sees this and thinks 'this is not normal.'"

He sighed.

"I remember a time when we had civility. When we could hold peaceful protests, without hurtin' and hatin' those we are protesting against. Ya'll know what shameful event I'm referring to. It put a young congressional leader in the hospital.

That said, what she and her cohorts did ain't justified. It is equally shameful that the United States Congress would seek to remove the rights of our brothers and sisters! There's been a lotta shame comin' out of Washington these days. I'm sure you've all heard about the Supreme Court nomination debacle.

Again, wrong on all sides. The President nominated the most unqualified Supreme Court nominee in history. One with no judirical experience, no record as a judge. And one with questions of a racist past in the air. I hate to think she could be guilty, but this is somethin' they should have worked out before nominating her to the highest court in the land!

That said, the display in the Senate was equally shameful. This woman may have been unqualified, but the Senators bullied her to tears. What happened to civility, folks?

There is a great middle in this country. It's middle class, middle of the road politics, and I get the feelin' most of this audience falls in there. I've come to realize that this middle wants to see a change, wants to see a return to honor and civility in guvuhment. Now, we can't do that now. We can't remove the circus from Washington and fix that mess here'n 2017. But what we can do is fix things here in Richmond.

We can show Washington how to act. As our working families are threatened by Washington's RSLA, as our brothers and sisters in the West of this great state are threteaned by the Dudley Tax, we will not panic. We will hold strong! We will cooperate, we will build consensus, and we will work together to face everything Washington can throw at us and thrive.

If we are to build this civility, folks, we need a leader. Governor Bell was a civil leader. Though I may not agree with him, I respected the man because he respected us and his office, and I ain't got no issue sayin' that about a fellow veteran.

Lord knows I made some mistakes in my life. I'm sure ya'll remember when I made the mistake of bein' unfaithful to my wife. I lost my family. I resigned my position in the United States House. Folks, I lost my honor and I felt a burning shame in my heart every day since I did that a decade ago. I know what it's like to hit rock bottom, to feel more like a circus clown than a man. I know what it's like to be shameful. I've worked every day since then to rebuild. I've made every effort within my power to be forgiven by my loved ones and by the Lord. And through writing about men greater than myself, I've striven to regain my lost honor. This experience, folks, is what has shaped me into who I am today. It's why I'm here on this stage. More than my service during the Gulf War. More than my guvuhment career as Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

It's why I would like to officially announce that I am running for governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia."

There were some cheers.

"I'm ready to bring back civility and honor to government, and show Washington how they should be acting. I'm ready to act as a check to the un-checked Republican administration! And by God, I'm ready to work every day for my brothers and sister of Virginia to build a better life for all of us!

The unchecked Republican administration was elected on change. They are showing us every day that this change is not the change that we need. That is why as Governor, I will fight for meaningful change.

We will remove symbols of racism from our statehouse, from our streets, and from our lives. We are one family in Virginia, and we will remove what is designed to divide us. We will remove the Confederate monuments built during the Jim Crow era of the last century.

We will cut income taxes on working families to help them during the recession we currently face.

We will expand our vocational school system in Western Virginia to help those who have been hurt by the Dudley Tax.

We will decriminalize marijuana to keep our otherwise innocent sons and daughters from unjust and unfair arrests that ruin lives. From there we will hold a referendum to settle the issue of its legality once and for all.

We will rebuild the relationship between the police and our neighborhoods through new community policing programs.

We will create a new clean elections program to curtail corporate influence and corruption in our democracy.

And finally, we will not give an inch on healthcare! I promise you that even under the RLSA, we will continue to fund your current Medicare and Medicaid coverage, and I hope to see its expansion so that we may provide access to healthcare for all members of our society.

Thank y'all for comin' out here tonight. I'll see more of ya'll on the campaign trail soon, I hope. I would be humbled to have your vote. It would be a vote for civility, honor, and a check to the circus in Washington."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 am

Congressman Jason Samara
@JSam7

Virginia Governor's race is finally heating up, Clearwater is saying some interesting things. I look forward to hearing more from him and all the other candidates.

ThePenguinLand
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePenguinLand » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:32 am

ThePenguinLand wrote:First Public hearing,
Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Governor Aleravez strode into the room. This needed to go well in order to gain traction and support for the bill, the local people could rip into the bill at any moment leaving him exposed. Admittedly, he did have the advisers congressman De Nieto sent over. Yet, he didn`t know if they were more of a convenience or a nuisance. Well, the local people deserved to be heard and despite what they might say he could just change the bill. He went to deliver the opening speech:
"This hearing and others like it are here for you to voice your concerns, worries and even your complaints, about any way the bill may affect you. It could be your children,employment or business, what ever it is we are here to discuss it and make sure it is considered in the bill. These hearings will produce a bill, that has a part of your views in it, so that it`s impact will not disregard you. It will be crafted to ensure that it benefits our state and the people that reside in it. This bill will not leave the people behind! Now, let the hearing begin."
"Penguins Forever, Penguins Today, Penguins Tomorrow!"
My Political Beliefs(May be updated now and again)

News from the PenguinLand Today: Lower House voting on Airospace and Sea free trade bills, Parties stir as electoral deadline for 2020 elections set, Construction sector experiences 9% boom, Green energy incentives show 3.5% rise in solar and wind indrusty.

Member of the The Western Isles

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:12 am

ThePenguinLand wrote:
ThePenguinLand wrote:First Public hearing,
Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Governor Aleravez strode into the room. This needed to go well in order to gain traction and support for the bill, the local people could rip into the bill at any moment leaving him exposed. Admittedly, he did have the advisers congressman De Nieto sent over. Yet, he didn`t know if they were more of a convenience or a nuisance. Well, the local people deserved to be heard and despite what they might say he could just change the bill. He went to deliver the opening speech:
"This hearing and others like it are here for you to voice your concerns, worries and even your complaints, about any way the bill may affect you. It could be your children,employment or business, what ever it is we are here to discuss it and make sure it is considered in the bill. These hearings will produce a bill, that has a part of your views in it, so that it`s impact will not disregard you. It will be crafted to ensure that it benefits our state and the people that reside in it. This bill will not leave the people behind! Now, let the hearing begin."

A reporter from the Santa Fe Star asks "Can you give a basic outline of the bill?"

ThePenguinLand
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePenguinLand » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 am

Dentali wrote:
ThePenguinLand wrote:

A reporter from the Santa Fe Star asks "Can you give a basic outline of the bill?"

" Yes, as stated previously there will be reform to the disciplinary systems of schools, ending the no-tolerance policy and replacing out of school suspensions with in-school remedial classes. There will also be significant reform to the curriculum and content covered, including the method in which it is taught. We will push for more modern and contemporary teaching methods accommodating for different learning methods and encouraging guided self-research and development of students. As many students will be happy to note, there will be less homework assigned as traditional pieces, which will be more focused on weekly research assignments to further the students knowledge. Students will be able to pick specialty subjects as earlier as middle school, to further the students enthusiasm and interest. We will be pushing for free college or at least to severely reduce tuition fees. As stated slightly earlier in this speech, there will be an initiative into school protection with further funding provided to local police and security to protect our schools. Now, the economic issues of the bill are a separate matter with the measures taken to ensure economic viability outside of the bill. The bill itself is just an educational bill."
"Penguins Forever, Penguins Today, Penguins Tomorrow!"
My Political Beliefs(May be updated now and again)

News from the PenguinLand Today: Lower House voting on Airospace and Sea free trade bills, Parties stir as electoral deadline for 2020 elections set, Construction sector experiences 9% boom, Green energy incentives show 3.5% rise in solar and wind indrusty.

Member of the The Western Isles

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse