NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP: IC [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 am

Jared O'Leary
@OYeah

Says @Da_Hook A.K.A. "Mr. No District"
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
(Image)
Jared O'Leary
@OYeah

Says @Da_Hook A.K.A. "Mr. No District"

Don Hookstraten
@Da_Hook

@OYeah, having no district is better than being a tool of the corrupt establishment.

RETWEETSFAVORITE
1.2K1.5K

Last edited by Uttland on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am

Jared O'Leary
@OYeah

@Da_Hook You don't have a district and you're still a tool

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
(Image)
Jared O'Leary
@OYeah

@Da_Hook You don't have a district and you're still a tool

Don Hookstraten
@Da_Hook

@OYeah, you're just wasting my valuable time at this point. I have things to do, unlike you. Bye.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Last edited by Uttland on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 am

Jared O'Leary
@OYeah

@Da_Hook Have fun getting fired from your own company

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Washington, DC
1789 Restaurant

Invitations pertaining to the inaugural ball, as prestigious as they are and difficult to come by, were quickly discarded and a thoughtful reply was sent to inform the Reeds of their declination of attendance to the event. The fact was simply that there was little-to-no interest from her to even associate with politicians at this point, even the ones she considered to be relatively decent, and simply preferred the accompaniment of a friend she had made during her time on the Hill. She was strictly a civilian now, and she wanted to live her life like one from here on out. Gianna was actually quite surprised to learn that Alex wasn't planning on being at now-President Reed's inaugural ball, and was willing to spend some time with a rare friend from the other side of the political aisle. Despite now being, officially, an Independent like Alex Breckenridge - Gianna Carrollton certainly considers herself to be of progressive-bent. Politically, it would seem that her run for President, and her Vice-Presidential bid, had ended rather disastrously. Unsurprisingly, there were little to no prospects for much else in the realm of politics, but she had received a few offers to become a university professor - including from Catholic University of America within the confines of Washington, DC and another from her alma mater of Texas A&M. If nothing else, her profile had greatly expanded as a result of the primaries and the general election. Gianna awaited at a table in the far corner of the room, nestled somewhat close to the fireplace, and sipped from her glass of water while she awaited the arrival of her husband, John, who was presumably returning from parking their car, and the Breckenridges, of course.

Salem, Oregon
Mahonia Hall

"Hey, Jordan?" Inquired the tuxedo-daunting Gov. Thomas Fairley, looking back at himself as she straightened out his tie. "Yes?" Responded back Jordan Busch-Fairley, rather inquisitively, as she steps out of the bathroom wearing a bright red, and illuminating, dress that ran down a little past her ankles. "Don't you think this is a bit... over-dressed?" "Nonsense." Jordan said, stepping forward and reaching up to adjust an earring. "My mother has always told me. If you aren't over-dressed for important occasions, you're under-dressed and blending in. I'd imagine you'd agree with me that this is an important occasion?" Jordan said, stopping behind Thomas and grinning as she leans forward to plant a quick kiss on his cheek. "Of course it is. I wouldn't miss the premiere for anything." Thomas responded, referencing the protagonist role that Jordan had been cast for in a featured film that was having its' release the same evening as the inauguration. The timing was rather perfect for Thomas, as a matter of fact, since he'd rather not be seen celebrating the win of President Cal Reed over Ellen Walton - yet he doesn't want to be seen playing a game of petty politics either, preferring to spend time with his wife on her own special night. "I got a phone call from Kevin earlier today." "Huh? Really? And what'd he want from me this time?" Thomas asked with a perplexed face, turning around toward Jordan as he buttoned up his tux. "Actually." Jordan said, grinning, and wrapping her arms around Kevin's neck, leaning in toward him face-to-face until they were only a few inches away. "That's what I was thinking when he called, but he was actually asking for me." Thomas chuckled. "Seems all the more terrifying." Thomas said with a grin, being met with an un-amused facial expression from Jordan."I kid. What'd he ask, if you don't mind me inquiring?" Jordan paused for a moment, biting her lower-lip out of habit of nervousness - wondering if it was such a good idea, but continued on as her green eyes looked into the brown eyes of her husband. "They were inquiring if I were willing to run either for Senate or for the House in 2018. Senate to represent California, House potentially for Oregon." Thomas cocked up an eyebrow. "California? I get you spend most of your time there, between your fashion line and your acting and modeling careers, but the wife of the Governor from Oregon? Running for Senate in California? I don't see that going over particularly well. At least wait till 2020 when there is an opening here in Oregon. Even better, you should start at the House-level if you're serious." Thomas paused for a moment, looking directly into Jordan's eyes. "Why haven't you told me you were serious about running for office?" Jordan smiled, leaned in to give Thomas a kiss, then leaned back slightly once more to straighten herself upright. "I'm not actively considering it. I was called and asked a question." "And?" Thomas asked, not quite buying the answer from Jordan. "What do you think of it?" "I don't know Thomas. I've seen what politics can do to people. But, they said that with the election of Calvin Reed to the Presidency that anyone can become President, much less getting in Congress." "I wouldn't call that a comfortable thought. Remind me again, what qualifications does a former baseball player turned-philanthropist have in governing a nation?" Thomas paused, offering a brief laugh - perhaps a tad bit out of nervousness. "No offense. I think you would be skilled at anything you put your mind into, and you'd have the learning curve to adjust quickly to whatever life throws your way." "C'mon, Thomas. This is serious." Jordan said, turning to walk away for a brief moment - stopping as she looks in a mirror, looking at the reflection of Thomas as he pulls a chair to sit down on. "I couldn't help but to think about things. Everyone is assuming Ellen Walton is going to run again in 2020, and she may, but what if she doesn't?" "I'd assume Bill Denver would be the favorite." "You'd assume? What if he doesn't run either?" "Jordan, I highly doubt the two of them will sit out of the 2020 presidential election." "You also had doubts that a baseball player would assume to the Presidency. Look at where we are now." Thomas let out an audible sigh, got up from his chair, and walked up to Jordan to lay his hands on her shoulders. Thomas looked into Jordan's eyes through the reflection in the mirror and gave her shoulders soft, yet reassuring, squeeze. "Look. I don't know what is going to happen in 2018, much less 2020. I have re-election to worry about. I'm not thinking about running for President, and I don't even want to be President in the first place." "And who do you think would be the next man up, then? The nincompoop in Illinois?!" "Honey. There are, easily four or five other candidates who have exponentially greater chances of getting the Progressive nomination than Benjamin Jackson. Anyway, what does any of this have to do with you running for office?" Jordan slowly turned around and grabbed Thomas's hands. "I want you to run for President. Please, just hear me out." "C'mon..." "Please. Don't just dismiss it outright. Ellen is the unquestionable leader of the Progressive Party, but she cannot win without a sense of growing diversity. You've been a successful attorney, I've seen you in action in the courtroom and on the campaign trail. You can reach out to moderates in a way that Ellen Walton can't. You can reach out to Democrats, having been one yourself. I think you have what it takes." Thomas glanced down at the floor, his eyes meeting the shine of his black shoes, and shook his head as he contemplating his wife's words. "I understand that you are frustrated with tonight. You and I both thought that Ellen Walton would've performed better nationally and worked really hard to try to make her the one who was inaugurated today. But you have to remember, this is still just a third-party. We are still just the alternative to Democrat and Republican options. In order to become a party of first-choice, we need to grow. Leadership that is conflicted between supporting two different candidates in 2020 will not help us nurture the party. 2020 would not be the appropriate time to start inner-party bickering. 2020 is a time to unite behind either Ellen Walton or whoever she endorses to run in her stead. Now, if you want to run in 2018, you know I will support you and I will help you along the way. All I ask is that you trust me and you keep me in the loop with your plans, okay?" Jordan let out an audible sigh, yet nodded her head in comprehension as she stood in silence after Thomas's mini-speech. "Alright, well it's about 6:50 now." Thomas said, glancing at his watch. "Do you think you'll be ready to leave for 7:15?" "Yeah." "Wonderful. Hey, I love you. You look breathtakingly beautiful, by the way, and I say with the utmost sincerity." "Thanks." Jordan said, as she glanced back to the mirror and returned to adjusting her earrings.

Arlington, Virginia
Residence of Louis Reynolds IV

Louis had watched the inauguration, live, on TNS as he was nestled away in his Arlington home. Alas, the chaos that was the Winston and Eric administrations have come to an end. Reynolds never felt he was a proper political figure, and thought a good way of testing things out would be to do so in an almost impossible race to even win in the first place for the Senate to represent Colorado. Reynolds was, simply, too much of an academic and too much of an intellectual with very little political instinct or skill to become a formidable politician. Thankfully, this was never something he wanted to even become in the first place. Later that evening, as the non-stop news updates pertaining to the inauguration and the newly-minted Presidency continued to unravel on television, Louis had received a phone call from an old friend.

"Hello?" Louis said, after his cell phone began to ring aloud. "Louis! This is George Costin! How are you holding up?" "Relieved, as a matter of fact. I'll miss the Treasury Department, surely, but for now it's been a relaxing, celebratory day." "Indeed it has. Listen, I've been holding off on this conversation till after you were no longer officially a part of the Treasury Department. I didn't want you to look like a conflicted man, torn between two major commitments, should you agree." Louis glanced over to his wife, mouthing to her "I'll be right back." Moments later, Louis got up from the sofa and made his way to the backyard. "I'm listening. Can't imagine it being any crazier than running for Senate as an Independent." Louis said with a chuckle. "Alright, so none of this has gone public yet. Well, at least it won't be until--" Louis listened as he heard the man sighing in anguish over his choice of words. "Oh, I'll just say it. Rodney Toussaint is going to sell off NE-1, and thus far the choices he has been given will turn the network into a horror show of tabloid-level "entertainment" news. Radio ratings have been steady, but our television ratings have been seriously struggling and ownership will be abandoning ship." Louis paused for a moment, unsure as to how to react to what he had just heard. "And why do you tell me this?" "To be honest with you, Louis, I'm asking if you can put together an ownership group to make sure this doesn't happen." "I can't just buy out a media outlet on the whim, George, even if it is to keep it from turning into a circus." "I'm not asking you to, Louis! I'm just asking you to call Rodney's people and see if this is something you would like to do and if this is something you could do. I don't know too many people with money I can trust to do this for us, you're just about all I've got for ideas on who to talk to." Louis continued to shake his head, turning around to look back to see his wife standing inside and watching on curiously. Louis offered a simple smile and a wave as he thought through the situation. "Fine. I'll talk to Rodney, but I can't promise that anything will come out of it. I don't know if I can do anything, George, but I'll keep you updated."

Louis made his trek back into the house, shrugging his shoulders upon making eye contact with his inquisitive wife. "George Costin just called, asking if I can help out with something over at the network." "What foolishness is he getting you into now?" Louis shook his head yet again, grinning, and chuckling."This might get me in trouble, but I promised to talk to Rodney Toussaint about possibly buying the shares he is selling, presumably, of the New England Media Corporation as a whole." "All of them?" "Maybe. I don't know. We'll have to see." His wife, Dianne, dropped her jaw in shock. "Louis, if he's selling controlling shares of an entire media corporation, there is a reason why he's doing it. You, of all people on this Earth, should know when there is a red flag and when you are about to make a bad investment." "Which is why I want to, at the very least, see for myself what the situation is. I told George I can't buy them out on a whim and I can't make any promises I'll do so after the meeting. But George is a friend, and he seemed rather desperate. The least I can do is to just see what the least is that I can do." Dianne turned around and made her way to watch TNS once more, unsure what to say or what to think about her husband's empathy to the situation, but knowing that the words that popped immediately to her head would not have been particularly constructive to the situation. Louis watched on for a moment, looking at his wife watching television, and contemplated (in a sense) the irony of the situation as well as the potential lucrativeness of the media market. True, his wife raised an excellent point about there likely being a key reason for the sale of NEMC, but Louis also knew that this could be an opportunity. Either way, he wouldn't know for sure without further investigation and a face-to-face meeting with his acquaintance, Rodney Toussaint. Louis got up and made his way over to his private study, got on the computer, and started to look up anything and everything he can about NEMC and all of other business ventures that Toussaint had gotten himself into as research to help form his opinion on whether such a deal is, legitimately, a good one or if it is just wishful thinking.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Washington, DC
1789 Restaurant

The couple had argued about it. While the Senator was dead-set on skipping the inaugural ball of Calvin Reed, who he had grown a somewhat ambivalent attitude towards, his husband had been surprisingly resistant to the idea of gifting away the tickets to some good friends within the State Department. Out of vanity, Breckenridge thought, but the Senator kept it to himself, and they ultimately decided jointly, albeit tensely, that dinner with people they actually cared about would take precedence. The Porsche doors opened outside the establishment and the two exited, their persons fitted with contrasting black and white suits, and the Senator's spouse's face adorned with a new set of glasses. Both of them made their way inside, drawing some attention but disregarding it and pushing through to the back of their favorite restaurant. They layed eyes on the Carrolltons and Alex smiled, going over to hug the both of them while Eric took the seat in front of John.

"It's great to see you again John, I was afraid you'd hide in shame after the defeat at the marathon." Breck teased as he shot a joking smirk at Gianna's husband.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm

1789 Restaurant
"Huh. Funny, considering I had been the one who had beaten you here." John said with a grin, tapping his watch. "Glad you were able to come up at the rear though."

He then paused and realized he unintentionally may have made a gay sex joke, but decided to play it off by turning to his wife for an emergency subject-change. "Classy place, honey. Excellent choice of restaurant, if I may say."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

"I'd put emphasis on 'coordinate'"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:07 am

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

"I'd put emphasis on 'coordinate'"

"If you say so... look I know im not exactly high on the totem pole but can you give me some sort of indication on where we are regarding healthcare reform? At least that someone is working on it?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:19 am

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

The waiter comes by and refills her water. "Yes. More than one someone. We have two different plans being worked on right now. Neither is ready but both are in the process. But we are not going to have any leverage until we get things sorted out on the budget. There's an advantage in that in that it allows more time for drafting."
Last edited by Tumblrena on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

The waiter comes by and refills her water. "Yes. More than one someone. We have two different plans being worked on right now. Neither is ready but both are in the process. But we are not going to have any leverage until we get things sorted out on the budget. There's an advantage in that in that it allows more time for drafting."

"I've been getting a lot of calls from my constituents regarding it and I dont appreciate giving them the run around, but hearing that from you makes it a bit easier... thank you"

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

She nods. "If this is easy I'll be amazed. We're have a lot of complexity to deal with even before we have to deal with people like Sunshine. I think the budget's going to give us what we need though. We'll have to make it work."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

She nods. "If this is easy I'll be amazed. We're have a lot of complexity to deal with even before we have to deal with people like Sunshine. I think the budget's going to give us what we need though. We'll have to make it work."

"But we do have to pass the budget first... that gonna be one hell of a fight."

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta does a half-nod but does not look concerned. "The last time someone had a mandate this big they created multi trillion dollar programs that have stuck around for over fifty years. As long as we don't have any professed fiscal conservatives in the party betray those values we are going to get it through."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta does a half-nod but does not look concerned. "The last time someone had a mandate this big they created multi trillion dollar programs that have stuck around for over fifty years. As long as we don't have any professed fiscal conservatives in the party betray those values we are going to get it through."

"As a Fiscal Conservative I am in favor though I have a few concerns regarding the cuts. I want to make sure that its not just an across the board cut, that we take every program into account for its own merits."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:58 pm

January 10th, 2017

Cox was thinking about what Velma made him dinner on the 3rd. He remembered eating a bagel for breakfast and Velma serving him some chicken marsala with potatoes. Now what he had for dinner today was mozzarella sticks, of course, he couldn't eat them all. Karen was staring at the computer screen for too long, though she was self-aware enough to sleep in. Cox figured that she was too busy looking at morbid news stories of weed whacker wielding maniac going on a blood-lust rampage. Cox was worried about other things. Ever since Velma started working as a model, he is unaware of what goes in her point of view.

There she was. Velma was heading to the front door to get ice cream for him and Karen. Cox couldn't be silent forever. "Velma, I just want to ask something. So I was curious of what goes on in your new work space." Cox didn't want to be too nosy. "Well, I was easily introduced. The first day was stressful, which I think is good as I'm starting to have a workaholic trend going on. I also want to ask what will you do after you're finished with the elections."

"Me? You know it's difficult to run again. You would have to explain everything to the public. Can't just say no comment and that's it."
"I be off to get some ice cream for the both of us. If Karen is up, you can let her head back to sleep. I need to go."

Velma exited through the front door to get ice cream. Cox stretching his back against the couch, afterwards.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

"When you have so many agencies like our government does you'll find that you have to devolve those program decisions a lot of the time." María Antonieta states. "Micromanaging does have its use sometime but a top-down approach can't cover everything. Well, unless we go from cutting budgets to cutting agencies."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

"When you have so many agencies like our government does you'll find that you have to devolve those program decisions a lot of the time." María Antonieta states. "Micromanaging does have its use sometime but a top-down approach can't cover everything. Well, unless we go from cutting budgets to cutting agencies."

"Of course you're right it can't cover everything, but it can make an impact. The more vital and efficient agencies will have it a bit easier"

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta just nods. A waiter swoops in to offer dessert menus.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta just nods. A waiter swoops in to offer dessert menus.

Fowler declines desert. "Any other subjects you'd like to talk about?"

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta offers when Fowler declines. "I'm covering the bill if you want to get something."

"I don't have any other topics right now."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Tumblrena wrote:
Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

María Antonieta offers when Fowler declines. "I'm covering the bill if you want to get something."

"I don't have any other topics right now."

"I typically dont do desert but thank you for the offer, and please I insist on splitting the check."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Executive Order from the Governor of Mississippi

From the moment that the state of Mississippi was contrived, the state represented one ideal: the idea of freedom. And, since the beginning Missippians have been willing to fight for that belief. THe Burqa is something that is not compatible with that belief, and therefore it is necessary to ban it. The burqa represents the subjugation and enslavement of many women, and as a man and a state who value freedom and rights above all else, it is imperative that we ban it to liberate those oppressed. Though Christ died to make men holy, let us live to make all men free! So from here on forth, the display and wearing of Burqas in public places for non-educational purposes will be banned.

Signed
Fredrick Williams
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 am

Washington D.C.
Commissary D.C.
Wednesday
January 18

She shrugs. "If you insist. I'm not ordering anything so that might be it."

PreviousNext