NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:Office of the Chief of Staff, West Wing, White House

Albano chuckled. “No point in hiding it; Counselor to the President. I have varied political experience that I feel I could bring to the job, experience beyond just administration, which I don’t mind, I’ll say.”

"The President doesn't know who you are. Do well as Deputy and we will talk about that, and you dont even have the deputy job yet."

Office of the Chief of Staff, West Wing, White House

Albano quietly scoffed. This wasn’t what was previously agreed on. Nonetheless, he smiled, and replied, “Sounds fine for the while to me. I accept, I haven’t a basis not to.What say you?”
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"The President doesn't know who you are. Do well as Deputy and we will talk about that, and you dont even have the deputy job yet."

Albano quietly scoffed. This wasn’t what was previously agreed on. Nonetheless, he smiled, and replied, “Sounds fine for the while to me. I accept, I haven’t a basis not to.What say you?”

“Well I have interview questions for you first”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Dentali wrote:

”Of course; lets get started.”

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“What policies do you agree with the President the most”

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Dentali wrote:

”Well, from the original, I do enjoy the community policing ideas; its true, the police don’t know the area they patrol at times. He’s in the right direction on immigration. I like the positions on the economy, taxes, and deregulation. I could go on. But if I had to narrow it down, the economy, in regards to stimulating it, immigration, and law enforcement. Right direction, primarily in those aspects.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Well, from the original, I do enjoy the community policing ideas; its true, the police don’t know the area they patrol at times. He’s in the right direction on immigration. I like the positions on the economy, taxes, and deregulation. I could go on. But if I had to narrow it down, the economy, in regards to stimulating it, immigration, and law enforcement. Right direction, primarily in those aspects.”

"All good things, I figured with your background you would focus on economic aspects. Now for a less fun question, and I encourage you to be totally honest, what policies do you agree with the least?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Dentali wrote:

"All good things, I figured with your background you would focus on economic aspects. Now for a less fun question, and I encourage you to be totally honest, what policies do you agree with the least?"

”Easy; gay marriage. It’s a non issue that’s simply, I believe, is needless to have such a strong opinion on. I say, just let it be. That’s easily the biggest one that comes to mind.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Easy; gay marriage. It’s a non issue that’s simply, I believe, is needless to have such a strong opinion on. I say, just let it be. That’s easily the biggest one that comes to mind.”

"If I asked you to whip votes to in favor of POMA, what would you do?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Dentali wrote:

”Certainly. One, no I, distinguish from what I believe from what my job is to do.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Certainly. One, no I, distinguish from what I believe from what my job is to do.”

"You would serve at the pleasure of the President, this job would not be easy expect to sleep in your office several nights a week and work late nights every day, expect to be called up at a moments notice and expected to cancel all your plans, this job needs to be your one and only priority while you are here. Is that something you can handle?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Dentali wrote:

"You would serve at the pleasure of the President, this job would not be easy expect to sleep in your office several nights a week and work late nights every day, expect to be called up at a moments notice and expected to cancel all your plans, this job needs to be your one and only priority while you are here. Is that something you can handle?"

”Well, I’m not married, self-employed (I suppose), and ive experienced a job similar to that before, but not on that scale, obviously. So, I would have to say yes, with confidence.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Well, I’m not married, self-employed (I suppose), and ive experienced a job similar to that before, but not on that scale, obviously. So, I would have to say yes, with confidence.”

"In your opinion what should priority 1 be for the white house?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Dentali wrote:

”Easy. Getting the Cabinet together. Can’t do much without it. This admin seems to be struggling in that regard, and from the Bellefontaine and Fitch situations, it stems from a clear lack of communication with Congress in regards to the nominee. Very rarely does it happen when Congress outright rejects a President’s nominees like that. We need to vet the remaining Cabinet nominees with Congressional leaders to ensure their passage into their positions. And it would be best to get it done first in order to have a completely assembled team to work with for issues; the priority number twos and threes.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Easy. Getting the Cabinet together. Can’t do much without it. This admin seems to be struggling in that regard, and from the Bellefontaine and Fitch situations, it stems from a clear lack of communication with Congress in regards to the nominee. Very rarely does it happen when Congress outright rejects a President’s nominees like that. We need to vet the remaining Cabinet nominees with Congressional leaders to ensure their passage into their positions. And it would be best to get it done first in order to have a completely assembled team to work with for issues; the priority number twos and threes.”

"Where do you think you would be most useful accomplishing that?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 am

Dentali wrote:

”Meeting with Senate leaders and important Senators to insure smoother hearings and their vote.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

”Meeting with Senate leaders and important Senators to insure smoother hearings and their vote.”

"Who do you believe should be on the 'team' as it were. We need a secretary of the treasury asap, who do you have in mind?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 am

March 24, 2017
Master Bedroom
7:52 PM

In the master bedroom, either ironically, or significantly, not far from the painting of Lake McDonald that hung there, Cal lounged on the bed, looking over again the letter that had made its cross-country journey to the White House, and then a shorter one, past the screeners making sure there was no white powder with the white paper, before making it to his hand.

Aubrey lay next to him, partially looking over his shoulder. He had let her go through it at her much more deliberate pace already, and her gaze now seemed more focused on watching what portions he was dwelling on rather than a re-read.

"He certainly gets very enthused by the end." Cal finally commented, figuring she was waiting to speak.

"Which I still think is ridiculous." she replied, indeed having waited. "Going back to three years, or whatever it is, ago, thinking that's going to end everything, come on. I didn't think he was one of the ones who would do those hysterics."

Cal noticed the touch of disappointment in her voice, and was slightly surprised by it, and decided to press and see. "You like him, don't you?" he asked.

"You don't need to worry about me leaving you for an older man, Cal. Just watch the young ones."

He frowned. That sarcastic, slightly biting humor had been coming out more and more often lately, and he wasn't a fan of it. "C'mon Aubs."

"He's fine. I don't really like any of them, but he's not the worst." She offered in qualified praise. "But you never know them even if you had time to, anyways, so then you get this."

"This isn't something to get worked up over."

She shrugged. "I don't like hysterics, and you know my opinion on all of this."
After pausing for a moment, she rolled slightly to her left, making closer eye contact with her husband. "But me and him, it doesn't really matter what we say now, does it? Your mind is already made up."

Cal shifted. "I don't know, maybe. Something could still change, maybe..." His voice tailed off.

Aubrey readjusted herself back under the covers. "Well, if I'm not useful as a lobbyist right now, then I'm going under. Good night."

"Good night, love."
Cal said softly, leaning over to kiss her softly. He, though remaining on the bed, did not follow. His wife was quickly asleep, heedless of the dim light remaining on, but he sat there quietly, careful to avoid any sudden movement or sound to disturb her always-light slumber, but still staring at the letter his hand, eyes fixed on a sentence just past the letter's midpoint as the evening slowly wore on.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Who do you believe should be on the 'team' as it were. We need a secretary of the treasury asap, who do you have in mind?"

Office of the Secretary of Staff, West Wing, White House

"Well, for Treasury, someone with financial, or at the very least business, experience is needed. There's this Laura Boyd, big time executive of a financial company, former representative, and donor to the party. Solid choice, in my opinion. However, intruguing possibilities also exist, like Peter Amaras; he's a former investor. There's also Diane Lane, who has no really relevant experience, but has held numerous positions before in the executive branch.

Now, I can tell you who we don't need; Trent Wright; he's gone missing off the face of the earth, and after that strange Nation Farmer's Party thing, he can't be trusted. He's just a bit bizarre.

Finally, if you're a funny man, we could get Donald Johnson at Health and Human Services, but that's just me."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Well, for Treasury, someone with financial, or at the very least business, experience is needed. There's this Laura Boyd, big time executive of a financial company, former representative, and donor to the party. Solid choice, in my opinion. However, intruguing possibilities also exist, like Peter Amaras; he's a former investor. There's also Diane Lane, who has no really relevant experience, but has held numerous positions before in the executive branch.

Now, I can tell you who we don't need; Trent Wright; he's gone missing off the face of the earth, and after that strange Nation Farmer's Party thing, he can't be trusted. He's just a bit bizarre.

Finally, if you're a funny man, we could get Donald Johnson at Health and Human Services, but that's just me."

“Well we are considering one candidate to just mess with the democrats”

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:40 am

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:Office of the Secretary of Staff, West Wing, White House

"Would you be so kind as to inform me on this candidate."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Thats premature sorry." Simon shifted "at any rate things are looking good, what questions do you have for me?"

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Thats premature sorry." Simon shifted "at any rate things are looking good, what questions do you have for me?"

Albano quickly thought over. “No, not anything major, but thank you.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Well I need to talk with the president first" said Simon standing "But I will recommend you be hired as my deputy"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Simon takes a moment to think about the incredibly important meeting he had scheduled with the Vice President and how the VP had delayed it, “I’m sure it’s for an important reason” thought Simon “and not because of some inane conversation about whale dentists or something silly like that”

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Well I need to talk with the president first" said Simon standing "But I will recommend you be hired as my deputy"

”Thank you,”Albano got up. “Will that be all?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse