NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"That's an interesting psychological evaluation. Do you know her well?" Reed asked.

“No I don’t, I’ve heard some personal stuff second hand and she hasn’t held any rally’s or camping events. No barnstorming, no fighting for endorsements... she’s been too quiet for someone running for re election.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:32 pm

June, 2017

Oval Office

"I can definitely make a call," Reed confirmed.

"What about the other states? New York?"
Last edited by Prolieum on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"I can definitely make a call," Reed confirmed.

"What about the other states? New York?"

"New York's special election has become worst case scenario for all involved. Their are no good candidates. I would consider asking the RNC to draft someone to avoid embarrassment. However one candidate of our party.... a Ms Marlenis Alberzero, also known as Marli O. Shes born and raised in the Bronx, she is a former rapper who had some success. She's had some rather explicit songs, and is very outspoken about sex. Havich met with her privately for some reason, but I don't know more than that."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

"He did?" Cal asked, surprised. "Secretly-privately, or just outside the public eye? I hadn't heard anything from him about it."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:09 am

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"He did?" Cal asked, surprised. "Secretly-privately, or just outside the public eye? I hadn't heard anything from him about it."

"Outside the public eye. It was brief, I only know because of the Secret Service. It was following some tweets where he criticized her for revealing an email sent in confidence by a Senator."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:19 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

"Hmm," Reed mused lightly.

"I won't say that I think she can't be a good candidate, I think that the initial reactions a lot of people have are going to have some prejudice coloring them, but there's always room for improvement, of course. I'll have to see if Buck thinks there's anything promising there to work with. You seemed to be hinting that you thought there was?" Reed queried.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 am

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"Hmm," Reed mused lightly.

"I won't say that I think she can't be a good candidate, I think that the initial reactions a lot of people have are going to have some prejudice coloring them, but there's always room for improvement, of course. I'll have to see if Buck thinks there's anything promising there to work with. You seemed to be hinting that you thought there was?" Reed queried.

“Not particularly, I was only expanding on her to give the Havich meeting some context. She could potentially appeal to the youth vote and various minority groups that republicans don’t traditionally do well with, and Lotto is just a vile human being... I can’t see conservatives or evangelicals ever supporting her unless she has a redemptive story.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:53 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

"We'll have to see if anything gets sorted out there in the next couple months."

The secretary outside cracked open the door, leaning his head just inside.

"The First Lady will be here in just a few minutes, Mr. President,"

"Thanks Jack," Reed nodded, and he closed the door.

Starting to ask a question to Denisevich, Reed paused. "Probably shouldn't just stick his head in like that when we're meeting. I'll say something."

Shaking off the distraction, he returned to the question.

"Any other races that could use our attention?"
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:47 am

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"We'll have to see if anything gets sorted out there in the next couple months."

The secretary outside cracked open the door, leaning his head just inside.

"The First Lady will be here in just a few minutes, Mr. President,"

"Thanks Jack," Reed nodded, and he closed the door.

Starting to ask a question to Denisevich, Reed paused. "Probably shouldn't just stick his head in like that when we're meeting. I'll say something."

Shaking off the distraction, he returned to the question.

"Any other races that could use our attention?"

“It’s still early, people are doing some preliminary work in California but I think that’s just because of the size of the state. Joh Stansky is embarking on a national campaign for Medicare for all, he’s getting little traction but it is driving up healthcare as an issue. And Scotty Marlowe visited Iowa probably looking the make a few connections for 2020.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

Reed nodded. He was well aware of the campaign going unmentioned through the analysis, but had no great desire to raise the point himself, content to let it lie if the Chief of Staff had no comment on the matter.

"When it comes to midterms, I don't see any real alarm bells right away, it's just too far out. Some of the seats will be tough ones, I'm thinking of Roberts especially, but we won't do much good by getting ahead of ourselves."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

Reed nodded. He was well aware of the campaign going unmentioned through the analysis, but had no great desire to raise the point himself, content to let it lie if the Chief of Staff had no comment on the matter.

"When it comes to midterms, I don't see any real alarm bells right away, it's just too far out. Some of the seats will be tough ones, I'm thinking of Roberts especially, but we won't do much good by getting ahead of ourselves."

“Agreed Mr President I like tackling one objective at a time. Speaking of what is the next objective for this administration?”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 pm

June, 2017

Oval Office

"Well, I'd say Stevenson, and then just making sure the execution of the address goes smoothly," the President replied.

The door opened a second time, and Aubrey stepped through, closing it behind her. Her hair was tied back, and her dress informal, a sleeveless but high-cut workout top, and jogging pants, not seeming to have changed on her way in, some sweat still visible.

"Good morning Simon," she greeted politely.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"Well, I'd say Stevenson, and then just making sure the execution of the address goes smoothly," the President replied.

The door opened a second time, and Aubrey stepped through, closing it behind her. Her hair was tied back, and her dress informal, a sleeveless but high-cut workout top, and jogging pants, not seeming to have changed on her way in, some sweat still visible.

"Good morning Simon," she greeted politely.

“Good morning Mrs. Reed.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

Aubrey nodded, and addressed both. "So, what's the occasion?"
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 am

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

Aubrey nodded, and addressed both. "So, what's the occasion?"

Simon looks to the President believing her husband should be the one to make the pitch

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 pm

June, 2017

Oval Office

"Job for you," Cal answered. "If you're fine with it."

He folded his hands. "You remember Senator Villanueva de Peña?"

"I don't think we ever met in person, but yes."

Cal glanced at the door briefly. "Doesn't leave this room."

"Sure."

"She's at a hospital in Houston. That's not public knowledge, we don't know everything, but she got moved there under the radar at some point, and we think, still don't know, that she's had some memory issues, from the March, probably."
He shook his head.

"Point is, basically, we want to check in on her, but not make a big show about it. That's where you come in,"

"You want me to visit her?"

"Basically. It's nothing too fancy."

"And I'm doing this under the radar, because you don't want people to know you're checking up on her?"

"That's the gist of it."

"So, how am I supposed to get information from her or her doctors if I'm not name-dropping the First Lady bit?"

Cal frowned, then turned to the Chief of Staff. "How did you make it work, Simon?"
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"Job for you," Cal answered. "If you're fine with it."

He folded his hands. "You remember Senator Villanueva de Peña?"

"I don't think we ever met in person, but yes."

Cal glanced at the door briefly. "Doesn't leave this room."

"Sure."

"She's at a hospital in Houston. That's not public knowledge, we don't know everything, but she got moved there under the radar at some point, and we think, still don't know, that she's had some memory issues, from the March, probably."
He shook his head.

"Point is, basically, we want to check in on her, but not make a big show about it. That's where you come in,"

"You want me to visit her?"

"Basically. It's nothing too fancy."

"And I'm doing this under the radar, because you don't want people to know you're checking up on her?"

"That's the gist of it."

"So, how am I supposed to get information from her or her doctors if I'm not name-dropping the First Lady bit?"

Cal frowned, then turned to the Chief of Staff. "How did you make it work, Simon?"

"She doesnt go to the hospital, she can't go there without making a big event. And legally the doctors can't give her any information. She need to call the family and ask to stop by to give her sympathies, more than likely she goes to their home in New Mexico."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:32 pm

June, 2017

Oval Office

"Unless you do, I don't have any kind of contact information for her family," Cal noted.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June, 2017

Oval Office

"Unless you do, I don't have any kind of contact information for her family," Cal noted.

"The Senate does, we can get it easy."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:33 am

June, 2017

Oval Office

"If you're sure that we can get it, that should make all of this simpler," Cal replied. Aubrey frowned, but did not interject.

"Once we have that, I don't think there's any other major steps to take. All this is is going there and talking, finding out what they're willing to tell," he stated.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 pm

June, 2017

Oval Office

"Gameplan is simple, then. Simon, you'll see if you can get the contact information for her family from the Senate, Aubs, you've got the gist of what we're looking for, and you can make the visit once we have an address for you. Stevenson should be before the Senate soon, and I'll make those final edits to the speech."

Cal stood, and looked around the room.

"If that's all, I suppose it's time to get back in that suit of mine."
Male.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

There is no need for six threads for a single roleplay. You can conduct your roleplay in 3 or less, currently active, utilized threads, or they can be moved to Forum Seven. iLock.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 am

As Miller walked through the West Wing to get to the Oval Office, he looked at the hallways around him. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and John F. Kennedy had all walked here before him. It had taken Miller a month to get an appointment at the White House. He couldn’t believe it when the Chief of Staff told him that President Reed was going to be busy until July.

Miller walked past the Oval Office and passed President Reed. “Hello Mr. President.”

Miller put a piece of paper on the Chief of Staff’s desk. “This is an executive order I drafted. I know Reed stands against the NSA’s political spying and illegal data collection. However, Congress hasn’t really drafted any laws to stop the illegal practices. This is an executive order I wrote, which would allow the FBI to investigate the NSA, and arrest those who spied on Reed and other Republicans in the 2016 election. Please, show it to Reed and tell him to consider signing it. And tell him to feel free to change the wording, since it is his Executive Order.”

An executive order to establish an official Department of Justice investigation to hold the NSA accountable for its crimes committed in the 2016 election.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to promote fair and honest Federal elections, and in order to protect civil rights and political freedoms,
SECTION 1. The Department of Justice (herein “DOJ”) shall be granted the authority to investigate the National Security Agency to determine which members of the agency committed illegal acts or ordered others to commit illegal acts, a violation of the RICO Act. The Department of Justice shall also write a report containing the evidence gained in the investigation and attempt to indict members of the agency that committed illegal acts.
SECTION 2. The “illegal acts” mentioned in section 1 are included, but not limited to: violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act, violating the fourth amendment of the United States Constitution by conducting illegal surveillance, conducting espionage or spying on political opponents of the organization, and illegally spying on candidates in the 2016 presidential election.
SECTION 3. The DOJ and the FBI shall oversee the investigation and have the authority to bring criminal charges against or attempt to indict members of the agency. The DOJ shall also oversee the distribution of funding.
§ The Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall lead the investigation and only report the findings to the President, the Vice President, the White House Chief of Staff, and Congress.
§ The DOJ shall allocate $25,000,000 to the FBI, the DOJ special investigators, and the DOJ prosecutors conducting the investigation.
§ The The Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall be granted clearance to see classified military information regarding the investigation.
SECTION 4. This executive order shall go into effect immediately.
SECTION 5. All laws in conflict with this executive order are hereby declared null and void
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Garden Room, White House

Stevenson nodded. "Either way, President Reed, the party is better for it. We are at our strongest since Reconstruction, and even though there is some extreme legislation being pushed through from the right, cooler heads seem to be prevailing. I'm just glad to be given the opportunity to lend a hand."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:54 pm

June, 2017

Garden Room

"Is there anything that you're concerned about there, on that legislative front?" Reed inquired.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse