NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Office of the White House Chief of Staff

Picking up a sense of dismay, Carrollton looked at Simon with a grin. "Hey." She said warmly. "It's not just about who you know, it's about who other people you know, know. That's the power in networking. You, of all people, know that, Chief of Staff."

"Besides, this entire interview was sprung on me. If you want more, I'm confident I can come up with more if I had the time. This is all just... strictly going off the top of my head. I've met plently people during my Presidential run, and as a Senator. Like just something I'm remembering, the Polish ambassador a bit recently. Donors, lobbyists, and business-people included. You'd be surprised with the lists we can probably compile while in Congress."

"And, alas, sure. I mean, I'm not sure what the point would be in being a Republican again, but I'm not closed to the idea of it, for whatever that means to the administration."

"Becoming a Republican again would show your commitment to the administration, I wouldn't ask you to do it unless we were sure we'd pick you for a post... Honestly our biggest concern is that you'd use the position to set yourself up for another presidential run.... so we need some form of assurance relating to that."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:47 am

"Well, after everything that happened this past year, another Presidential run is the least thing I should want to consider. But, if that is something you and the President are both worried about me doing, then I will happily switch over to Republican. But, I'm just thinking optics for Reed on this. Former Democratic VP, suddenly switches to Republican, conveniently just as she is offered a high-profile position within his administration. Not a huge thing, but just a thought. Staying independent may wind up being prudent for him in all this. Besides, it's not like the Democrats will be clamoring for me again anytime soon, and an independent won't be winning the Presidency anytime soon either. Congress though? I guess you'd have an argument."

"At any rate, those are just my two cents. Whatever it is you guys ask of me to do for the role, to help ya'll out, it certainly wouldn't be an issue to switch or to stay."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:05 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

"Well, after everything that happened this past year, another Presidential run is the least thing I should want to consider. But, if that is something you and the President are both worried about me doing, then I will happily switch over to Republican. But, I'm just thinking optics for Reed on this. Former Democratic VP, suddenly switches to Republican, conveniently just as she is offered a high-profile position within his administration. Not a huge thing, but just a thought. Staying independent may wind up being prudent for him in all this. Besides, it's not like the Democrats will be clamoring for me again anytime soon, and an independent won't be winning the Presidency anytime soon either. Congress though? I guess you'd have an argument."

"At any rate, those are just my two cents. Whatever it is you guys ask of me to do for the role, to help ya'll out, it certainly wouldn't be an issue to switch or to stay."

"As secretary of state what specific actions would be first on your to do list?"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:45 pm

"Acting Secretary? Well, I think it's clear we shouldn't rock the boat much. Whatever I can for continuity's sake, until Bell is okay to come back. But, God forbid, he isn't? Or if his health worsens? If he resigns or... something? That's something else."

"At the end of the day, it'll be about representing the President, and representing the country, with both grace and poise. Anything he thinks I can do, should do, I'll do. But if nothing else, if no other comes up, the first thing I will absolutely want to instill as Secretary of State, if it's extended beyond the Acting role, is outlining a clear, decisive vision of what the Reed Administration wants to proactively pursue. In other words, what that means practically is the first thing I want is for us prioritize and actually hash out all the goals of what the President, personally, wishes the State Department to accomplish in, say, a month, the year, maybe even big picture of some big things within a term."

"And, as I say that, I imagine you'd probably want to know what countries or regions I particularly hope I'm going to address to the President, and I have a few in-mind. China. Our biggest economic rival, and partner, happens to be growing its' shadow and influence across the South China Sea, staking its' long-term growth and security there at the expense of our friends. I pointed out that the Reed Administration has been relatively mute about China just earlier, and particularly about this, so even if it doesn't become the first thing the President decides is most pressing, I will mention it to him at some point early-on. Not to mention, as well, is developing a strong strategy of to counter the chess moves the Chinese are making across the African continent. We have to be proactive in ensuring our interests will not be ensnared by the immense progress and inroads China has made in Africa, and we may need to be about as bold and committed as they are in Africa for the sake of our future there. There's also Korea, which we certainly can't forget, and a burgeoning India."

"I'll even give you another region. Atop of the Middle East, for obvious reasons that we could easily spend all day discussing about, and Southeast Asia, as mentioned just now, I think I'm personally inclined to suggest all across the Americas. Personally coming from a latina family, and knowing our own rapidly-changing demographics all-across the United States, along with implications and questions pertaining to both immigration and trade? I will happily brush up on my Spanish to serve the President, and doing what I can to carry out his own wish-list. If he wants to build off of what President Winston started in Cuba, for example, or if he wants to renegotiate for more favorable terms for NAFTA between us and Mexico and Canada, or wants to revise CAFTA-DR, or has an idea he'd like to implement to advance our relations across South America? I would be, humbly, at the President's service to do so. Not just humbly, but genuinely happy as well."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:07 pm

June 13, 2017

West Wing

The President tore down the hallway, legs pumping hard and fast beneath him in a full-on sprint, and not one set for exercise. His heel skidded briefly and then found purchase as he took a corner at full speed, nearly overbalancing and running into the wall, a practiced turn just overcoming the lack of traction of dress shoes that were not made for such a pivot.

The eyes of the staffer outside the Oval Office widened in surprise and alarm at the racing entry, but was left ignored as Reed pulled into a sharp, skidding stop, and yanked open the door with all deliberate haste, chest expanding and contracting quickly to force in needed oxygen.

He took two long steps into the room, looking around quickly, spotting the pair.

"Simon-good, Gianna, you're here-get up, come on, move." He beckoned aggressively, making a sweeping motion with his arm.

"Follow me, come on-run!"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

West Wing

The President tore down the hallway, legs pumping hard and fast beneath him in a full-on sprint, and not one set for exercise. His heel skidded briefly and then found purchase as he took a corner at full speed, nearly overbalancing and running into the wall, a practiced turn just overcoming the lack of traction of dress shoes that were not made for such a pivot.

The eyes of the staffer outside the Oval Office widened in surprise and alarm at the racing entry, but was left ignored as Reed pulled into a sharp, skidding stop, and yanked open the door with all deliberate haste, chest expanding and contracting quickly to force in needed oxygen.

He took two long steps into the room, looking around quickly, spotting the pair.

"Simon-good, Gianna, you're here-get up, come on, move." He beckoned aggressively, making a sweeping motion with his arm.

"Follow me, come on-run!"

Simon had already instinctively stood as the president entered the room, "Mr. Pres..." confused by the appearance of the his boss running into the room Simon rose and followed as he was told trying to keep pace.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:11 pm

West Wing

Equally bewildered, Carrollton batted her eyes a few times at the sudden sight of Reed, glancing toward Denisevich for a brief second, and then back toward Reed as the President made his just-as sudden departure.

"W--wait, me too?!" She inquired loudly, standing up and hopping toward the doorway for a second as she reached down to take off her heels, one-at-a-time, anticipating neither would be slowing down for her.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:48 pm

June 13, 2017

West Wing

Reed, at first tearing away from the two following him, mentally realized that fact a few seconds in, and stunted his pace, glancing back and then pinwheeling his arm in an accelerating gesture.

"Come on, I don't know how much time we have!" he exhorted urgently.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:57 pm

West Wing

Finally freed of her hindering heels, Carrollton scampered after the two, mouthing a quick apology to a White House staffer she very-nearly collided with as she attempts to keep pace.

"What's going on?!" She asked out toward Reed, while accelerating her pace, clutching her shoes in one hand, and purse in her other.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

West Wing

Reed, at first tearing away from the two following him, mentally realized that fact a few seconds in, and stunted his pace, glancing back and then pinwheeling his arm in an accelerating gesture.

"Come on, I don't know how much time we have!" he exhorted urgently.

Simon ran to catch up with the President "Sir" he said between breaths "I don't know whats going on but we need to make sure the Senator has security clearance."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 pm

June 13, 2017

West Colonnade

"No time, not needed!" Cal exclaimed to each of the trailing pair in turn, short bursts of verbalization. The group neared the end of the Colonnade, and Cal quickly pulled ahead in a burst, tossing open the door for the trailing runners and turning a sharp left immediately on entering the residence, into the dining room's open door.

"Is she still...." he questioned urgently as he stepped in, trailing off as he saw for himself.

Aubrey was in the room, on the floor, bent over on hands and knees, but Cal's gaze was not directed her way.

Rather, his eyes were fixed on the same spot hers were-the wobbling torso of little Mia who, for the first time, was now tottering, with swaying steps, atop her own two feet.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

West Colonnade

"No time, not needed!" Cal exclaimed to each of the trailing pair in turn, short bursts of verbalization. The group neared the end of the Colonnade, and Cal quickly pulled ahead in a burst, tossing open the door for the trailing runners and turning a sharp left immediately on entering the residence, into the dining room's open door.

"Is she still...." he questioned urgently as he stepped in, trailing off as he saw for himself.

Aubrey was in the room, on the floor, bent over on hands and knees, but Cal's gaze was not directed her way.

Rather, his eyes were fixed on the same spot hers were-the wobbling torso of little Mia who, for the first time, was now tottering, with swaying steps, atop her own two feet.

Simon stood behind the President, rolling his eyes and seething in anger at the president for worrying him, at the same time happy that he was not the center of attention and thus no one saw his reaction. Quickly Simon forced a smile "Congratulations"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 pm

Residence Dining Room

Carrollton, closing some distance behind Denisevich, followed pace, slowly inching her way into the room once the President and his Chief of Staff had looked toward the infant making her first steps. She couldn't help but to beam, nodding her head at Reed. Carrollton was able to mentally put together the situation together, between Simon's congratulatory remarks and the infant's struggle to keep upright.

"Even I'm feeling like a proud parent, and she's not even mine." She said with a grin, glancing away from Cal and down toward Mia. "Congratulations, Cal and Aubrey. Your daughter is absolutely adorable. I can tell she is one loved child." Carrollton added, arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Aubrey was beaming, and Cal's face was split with a grin from ear to ear, as the little girl looked up at the tumultuous entry with wide eyes-then lost her balance as her motion ceased, her mother quickly darting her hands in to catch her before she could topple backwards, and setting her gently back on her feet again.

Cal turned to Simon and Gianna, smile still dominating his face. He attempted to speak, then shook his head, still smiling, apparently unable to put any words together.

"Wow, huh?" he finally managed.
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Aubrey was beaming, and Cal's face was split with a grin from ear to ear, as the little girl looked up at the tumultuous entry with wide eyes-then lost her balance as her motion ceased, her mother quickly darting her hands in to catch her before she could topple backwards, and setting her gently back on her feet again.

Cal turned to Simon and Gianna, smile still dominating his face. He attempted to speak, then shook his head, still smiling, apparently unable to put any words together.

"Wow, huh?" he finally managed.

"Yes Sir" Simon said with a smile and a nod "Gotta admit you had me worried for a second."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Cal frowned for a moment, trying to understand the statement, then shook his head and chuckled as realization dawned.

"I did come charging in like a bat out of heck, didn't I? Probably should have remembered these things called phones."

He glanced over to Carrollton, noticing her unclad feet. "Didn't expect excitement like that in your interview, did you? Sorry about that."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Cal frowned for a moment, trying to understand the statement, then shook his head and chuckled as realization dawned.

"I did come charging in like a bat out of heck, didn't I? Probably should have remembered these things called phones."

He glanced over to Carrollton, noticing her unclad feet. "Didn't expect excitement like that in your interview, did you? Sorry about that."

"The whole thing has been happening rather quickly for her, she's been taking it in stride."

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Residence Dining Room

"Well, Mr. President, for all it's worth, it's been quite the unexpected day." Gianna remarked with a chuckle, eyes darting away from Cal and back toward Mia. "But, I'm glad I'm here." Then looking toward Aubrey.

"Just wait till they start running." She joked.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:40 am

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

"That's good to hear," Cal commented to Denisevich, nodding Carrollton's way before stealing a glance back at Mia, who Aubrey was attempting to coax into standing with hand motions, but who apeared very content to sit on the floor.

"Is there anything it would help for me to weigh in on, or step in with?" he inquired, directing the question mostly Denisevich's way, though including Carrollton in his field of conversation.

Aubrey gave a small smile back to the comment directed her way. "I'm more worried about her learning how to climb," she returned in good humour.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

Dining Room

"That's good to hear," Cal commented to Denisevich, nodding Carrollton's way before stealing a glance back at Mia, who Aubrey was attempting to coax into standing with hand motions, but who apeared very content to sit on the floor.

"Is there anything it would help for me to weigh in on, or step in with?" he inquired, directing the question mostly Denisevich's way, though including Carrollton in his field of conversation.

Aubrey gave a small smile back to the comment directed her way. "I'm more worried about her learning how to climb," she returned in good humour.

"I've already asked what you suggested, if you have any other questions feel free to ask them. She is inquisitive however on the administration strategy concerning China, I wasn't sure how much you wanted to tell her."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Cal nodded, finding Simon's tone slightly odd, as if Carrollton were not there, but processing the information. He supposed, on further thought, that the layout of his diction was particularly professionally minded.

"I don't think I have any questions," he answered, nodding now in Carrollton's direction. "Do you have any?"
Male.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Carrollton smirked, glancing away from infant Mia for a brief moment as Simon and Cal briefly exchanged commentary regarding the interrupted interview, to which she shook her head dismissively once the President oriented a look in her direction.

"Well. I could probably think of some in due time." Gianna began, only to pause and stroke her chin, as if she were contemplating briefly. "But, I'm sure most, if not all of them, will be answered should we move on past the interviewing stage anyway." She continued, followed by a chuckle, and stepped a few paces to sidle nearer to Cal. "Besides, you should enjoy this brief moment as a father. I can wait." Carrollton added, smirking and nodding toward Mia.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Cal smiled. "I appreciate it."

"Sorry for the interruption, Simon, I won't keep you two, unless you want me for something."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 13, 2017

Dining Room

Cal smiled. "I appreciate it."

"Sorry for the interruption, Simon, I won't keep you two, unless you want me for something."

“We we’re wrapping up anyhow sir, when you’re done here we can debrief. Unless you want to outline some China strategy briefly I recommend you enjoy the moment.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:14 am

June 13, 2017

Dining Room

"I'll do that. Thanks."

Cal turned from Denisevich to lay himself out flat on the floor, suit and all, in front of Mia, trying to coax her up and to him with waving hands, which she seemed fascinated by the motion of, sitting still to watch them rather than making an attempt to rise to her feet.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse