NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

Reed mused over a thought briefly, before setting out his suggestion.

"All right, I think we can make this work. Mondale, Thaddeus, and Carrollton can be our three. Brennan, I'll see if Buck is willing to take a crack at Brennan-if he's not convinced, we'll axe him. Bell's daughter can get the deputy spot, and Armstrong can go off the list too. Too bad Patton didn't take the UN job-that would have been a good combination. Anyways, that gets us our three, and since you've already run by Patton, you can put in Stevenson as the third if you're bullish on him. Does that all sound workable?"

"The Vice President refused to endorse Brennan for Senate if thats any indication, and keep in mind we need a UN ambassador too, so whoever the runner up for Secretary is can get that spot. But anyhow it sounds workable to me sir when should I start interviews?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Whenever you think it's best. Like you said, we do want to move quickly, but not recklessly."

The President sighed, and checked his watch. "I'll have to give an update on Bell's condition out to the public-maybe in the morning, now, rather than a midnight tweet. Do you think it would be best to note that we are searching for an acting-Secretary, or leave that out until we...see which way the condition progresses?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Whenever you think it's best. Like you said, we do want to move quickly, but not recklessly."

The President sighed, and checked his watch. "I'll have to give an update on Bell's condition out to the public-maybe in the morning, now, rather than a midnight tweet. Do you think it would be best to note that we are searching for an acting-Secretary, or leave that out until we...see which way the condition progresses?"

“Without a deputy we need an acting secretary no one will fault you for announcing you’re looking for one, just emphasizing that it’s temporary until Bell recovers.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"We may start seeing applications come in, with that announcement," Reed predicted. "Should we keep the list flexible for that, or push towards the ones we've picked?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"We may start seeing applications come in, with that announcement," Reed predicted. "Should we keep the list flexible for that, or push towards the ones we've picked?"

“I vote flexible, who knows they might come to us. That would make them thankful we slected them, maybe the party will form a consensus.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:16 am

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I'll leave the discretion over how long you want to wait to start interviews up to you."

A pause.

"I suppose that's all, then. We'll just see who responds in the morning. Do you think we're forgetting anything?"
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I'll leave the discretion over how long you want to wait to start interviews up to you."

A pause.

"I suppose that's all, then. We'll just see who responds in the morning. Do you think we're forgetting anything?"

"On a personal note... I've had my condition checked out a few times, things are progressing better than expected. I'm not out of the woods or anything but the outlook is very promising."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

Cal smiled openly. "That's fantastic news, Simon. Any time you need to take any time for your health-it's all yours. Anything you can do to beat this or that I can help with, just ask."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

Cal smiled openly. "That's fantastic news, Simon. Any time you need to take any time for your health-it's all yours. Anything you can do to beat this or that I can help with, just ask."

"Thank you sir, but the main thing I want to focus on is the administration. It gives me a reason to fight. But as for taking time... I would like to take some time and head to Connecticut, we should support Carter Roberts campaign."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Absolutely," Cal affirmed. "Everything I said earlier still stands-you've had incredible success there, and anything you think you can do, as long as it's not just scorched earth on the administration or the party, you're the expert there, and I trust you to make it all work out."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Absolutely," Cal affirmed. "Everything I said earlier still stands-you've had incredible success there, and anything you think you can do, as long as it's not just scorched earth on the administration or the party, you're the expert there, and I trust you to make it all work out."

"I've made every phone call I can. I'm going to head down in person, get a meeting together and then hold a rally in Litchfield. Mr. President... I also think giving Roberts a call... offering some encouragement would be appreciated."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I agree completely. I can spin a pre-game pep talk into a pre-election one," Cal grinned.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I agree completely. I can spin a pre-game pep talk into a pre-election one," Cal grinned.

"Also a twitter endorsement would go far, make it clear you have your full confidence in him."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:50 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I can repeat one, but I thought we were trying to keep the campaign from ending up too centered on me, with the worry over the Minuteman Act, and you and Buck had the better angle on things," Cal recalled.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"I can repeat one, but I thought we were trying to keep the campaign from ending up too centered on me, with the worry over the Minuteman Act, and you and Buck had the better angle on things," Cal recalled.

"Buck has..." Simon looked a bit conciliatory "He's been avoiding me on the subject of Roberts, no way around it. You don't need to do much just let the republicans in the state know you support him."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:07 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"That shouldn't be a problem," Cal replied.
Male.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Office of the White House Chief of Staff

Only a couple of days would pass by, after Gianna Carrollton sent the email out to the email address she had on a man she considered to be somewhat of a friend at this point, Calvin Reed, though she was uncertain as to whether or not how often the account would be checked these days. Part of her second-guessed the wisdom behind the choice, thinking it might had been more appropriate to write a letter and mail it to the White House instead, though such qualms were assuaged when she saw a message back from the Office of the White House Chief of Staff mere days later.

Carrollton was left with minimal information, just simply a scheduled date and time, and a brief word of instruction as to where to go, and who to check-in with, upon arrival at the White House. Clad in black, wearing sunglasses so as to help avoid unnecessary recognition from outside the grounds, and carrying with her only a notepad, among some of the usual effects of her purse, Carrollton let the Secret Service perform their requisite clearances, and she was sent along her way, directed to meet, first, with Simon Denisevich.

Once she checked-in with, presumably, the last receptionist before speaking to Simon, Gianna glanced around the inner decor of the White House, smirking and taking it all in, and recalling the previous occasion she had visited it, even if it was to discuss with President Winston the imagining of her own Presidency one day, as he once seemed to consider an openness for her. Gianna couldn't help but grin, internally contemplating a sense of gratitude that certain visions discussed in the Oval Office on that day, indeed, never seemed to come to fruition. Exhaling, Gianna took out her notepad, and idly doodled some on it as she patiently awaited on a surprisingly comfortable sofa.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

Only a couple of days would pass by, after Gianna Carrollton sent the email out to the email address she had on a man she considered to be somewhat of a friend at this point, Calvin Reed, though she was uncertain as to whether or not how often the account would be checked these days. Part of her second-guessed the wisdom behind the choice, thinking it might had been more appropriate to write a letter and mail it to the White House instead, though such qualms were assuaged when she saw a message back from the Office of the White House Chief of Staff mere days later.

Carrollton was left with minimal information, just simply a scheduled date and time, and a brief word of instruction as to where to go, and who to check-in with, upon arrival at the White House. Clad in black, wearing sunglasses so as to help avoid unnecessary recognition from outside the grounds, and carrying with her only a notepad, among some of the usual effects of her purse, Carrollton let the Secret Service perform their requisite clearances, and she was sent along her way, directed to meet, first, with Simon Denisevich.

Once she checked-in with, presumably, the last receptionist before speaking to Simon, Gianna glanced around the inner decor of the White House, smirking and taking it all in, and recalling the previous occasion she had visited it, even if it was to discuss with President Winston the imagining of her own Presidency one day, as he once seemed to consider an openness for her. Gianna couldn't help but grin, internally contemplating a sense of gratitude that certain visions discussed in the Oval Office on that day, indeed, never seemed to come to fruition. Exhaling, Gianna took out her notepad, and idly doodled some on it as she patiently awaited on a surprisingly comfortable sofa.

The secretary bid Carrollton enter the office where she was greeted by Simon "Senator its a pleasure please make yourself comfortable"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 pm

Pausing for a brief moment, casting a quick look about the room, Gianna looked toward Simon, and promptly nodded her head comprehendingly, taking a short walk to a nearby chair across from Simon's desk.

"Pleasure to meet you too, sir." Gianna said back, grinning warmly toward the Chief of Staff, and extending out her hand to offer a shake. "Hope everything's been well." She added, midway through the customary hand-gesture.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Pausing for a brief moment, casting a quick look about the room, Gianna looked toward Simon, and promptly nodded her head comprehendingly, taking a short walk to a nearby chair across from Simon's desk.

"Pleasure to meet you too, sir." Gianna said back, grinning warmly toward the Chief of Staff, and extending out her hand to offer a shake. "Hope everything's been well." She added, midway through the customary hand-gesture.

Simon shakes her hand "Its not easy, every day we face a new challenge. But we persevere and overcome. Please be seated". He smiles and sits in his chair behind the desk "What have you been doing since the election?"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Carrollton nodded her head once more, as if she were able to relate somewhat to that point, though letting a response lie to it in favor of responding to the question.

"Honestly." Gianna said, pausing a brief moment, furrowing her brow, and clasping her hands together, wincing her nose some as she contemplated her thought - tad off-guard to the question. "I, just mostly am attending to mom-duty."

Gianna thought some more, leaning back into a more comfortable posture in her chair. "And, even without a campaign to run for the first time in months, and with grown children, it can still seem to be a full-time job." She jovially added with a grin.

"Kidding aside, I do treasure it. Every moment."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Carrollton nodded her head once more, as if she were able to relate somewhat to that point, though letting a response lie to it in favor of responding to the question.

"Honestly." Gianna said, pausing a brief moment, furrowing her brow, and clasping her hands together, wincing her nose some as she contemplated her thought - tad off-guard to the question. "I, just mostly am attending to mom-duty."

Gianna thought some more, leaning back into a more comfortable posture in her chair. "And, even without a campaign to run for the first time in months, and with grown children, it can still seem to be a full-time job." She jovially added with a grin.

"Kidding aside, I do treasure it. Every moment."

"Your email seemed to indicate you were looking for another full time position?"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Gianna cocked her head sideways some, eyebrow raised, with her face revealing she found the question Simon directly posed to be slightly perplexing at-first. "I'm not sure I follow." Carrollton answered back, looking attentively at Denisevich.

"Actually, I guess you could say that to some extent, on second-thought." Carrollton said, after she had a moment to reflect on his specific choice of words. "Honestly, though, it's mostly an invitation extended to the President, who after some recent events, I'm sure would be content with a friendly get-together. He's been nothing but kind to me. Thought I would return that, but tough to do for the President of the United States of all people." Carrollton explained with a brief chuckle.

Carrollton took in a breath, then exhaled a second or so afterward, eyes casting a look out the window for a brief moment. "But, since you mentioned it, I've been mulling over a return to the Capitol at some point." Gianna said, eyes darting back toward Simon. "Well, frankly, my ex-campaign manager is the one beating that drum. Personally, and for full-disclosure, I don't think that's exactly something I'd want to put myself, or my family, through again anytime soon."

She shrugged her shoulders, taking in another deep breath, and promptly exhaling. "Heck, if at all. But, it doesn't hurt to hear what people think of that thought, no matter how improbable it may be to happen."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:42 am

Gianna cocked her head sideways some, eyebrow raised, with her face revealing she found the question Simon directly posed to be slightly perplexing at-first. "I'm not sure I follow." Carrollton answered back, looking attentively at Denisevich.

"Actually, I guess you could say that to some extent, on second-thought." Carrollton said, after she had a moment to reflect on his specific choice of words. "Honestly, though, it's mostly an invitation extended to the President, who after some recent events, I'm sure would be content with a friendly get-together. He's been nothing but kind to me. Thought I would return that, but tough to do for the President of the United States of all people." Carrollton explained with a brief chuckle.

Carrollton took in a breath, then exhaled a second or so afterward, eyes casting a look out the window for a brief moment. "But, since you mentioned it, I've been mulling over a return to the Capitol at some point." Gianna said, eyes darting back toward Simon. "Well, frankly, my ex-campaign manager is the one beating that drum. Personally, and for full-disclosure, I don't think that's exactly something I'd want to put myself, or my family, through again anytime soon."

She shrugged her shoulders, taking in another deep breath, and promptly exhaling. "Heck, if at all. But, it doesn't hurt to hear what people think of that thought, no matter how improbable it may be to happen."

"Maybe not that improbable..." Simon shifted in his seat and sifted through some papers "You are a blue... sorry WERE a blue dog democrat, you're an independent now correct? Your policy positions are not out of line with the President's on several issues and as you said... you get along with him."

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Slowly nodding her head in agreement to everything Simon divulged, offering only a slight shrug of the shoulders once the point of agreement on issues is brought forth. "Well, guess it depends on what policy positions you're talking about."

"Both of us are obviously Pro-Life, and I think we tend to lie more on the moderate side of the spectrum, with some policy overlap, but I'm sure one could say we differ in plenty of ways too, if we're being objective."

Gianna reached behind her head to scratch a spot that seemed to irritate her slightly, then dropped her hands back down onto her lap, folded. "Still, I have personal reasons. When I say improbable, lionshare of reasons are macro rather than micro."
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse