NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The Judiciary Committee's hearings had been completed and, seemingly, by the actions and comments of the Chair, the investigation was at an end as well. The handling and apparent suspension were news that, at another time, earlier in his taking of the office, Cal would have felt a righteous anger at, but his current emotional state was a step down from that level, to simple frustration-yet it was not even that, but another step below, a feeling not of apathy, but resignation.

After the typical rituals of the morning, an early waking, early exercise, early briefing and early meal, Cal had spent the day to that point largely kept in the office he still sat in, first reviewing a report from Bell in Iraq, a lengthy document that was nearly as dry as it was detailed. That was followed by scratching onto paper, with nearly as many crossed-out lines as ones left unmarked, the text of his planned non-signing statement for when POMA reached his desk. The rest of the day had been spent on the work of looking over waivers for department hirings, a consequence of his executive order now some months ago, was the amount of such work it created. He would have to, at some point, work out a screening process through his Secretaries to lighten the load.

With the latter work in particular, it had been a full day, and the light protestations of his stomach reminded Cal that he had bypassed his lunch. A large breakfast was enough to carry him over from that typically light meal, but regardless, he should be turning in for supper soon-but not yet. He had one last order of business to hash out, likely a minor one, for which he was meeting with his Chief of Staff, to set that in motion, and see if there were any other surprise fires he would need to put out.
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The Judiciary Committee's hearings had been completed and, seemingly, by the actions and comments of the Chair, the investigation was at an end as well. The handling and apparent suspension were news that, at another time, earlier in his taking of the office, Cal would have felt a righteous anger at, but his current emotional state was a step down from that level, to simple frustration-yet it was not even that, but another step below, a feeling not of apathy, but resignation.

After the typical rituals of the morning, an early waking, early exercise, early briefing and early meal, Cal had spent the day to that point largely kept in the office he still sat in, first reviewing a report from Bell in Iraq, a lengthy document that was nearly as dry as it was detailed. That was followed by scratching onto paper, with nearly as many crossed-out lines as ones left unmarked, the text of his planned non-signing statement for when POMA reached his desk. The rest of the day had been spent on the work of looking over waivers for department hirings, a consequence of his executive order now some months ago, was the amount of such work it created. He would have to, at some point, work out a screening process through his Secretaries to lighten the load.

With the latter work in particular, it had been a full day, and the light protestations of his stomach reminded Cal that he had bypassed his lunch. A large breakfast was enough to carry him over from that typically light meal, but regardless, he should be turning in for supper soon-but not yet. He had one last order of business to hash out, likely a minor one, for which he was meeting with his Chief of Staff, to set that in motion, and see if there were any other surprise fires he would need to put out.

"Mr. President" the Chief of Staff said entering the Oval, "Good afternoon sir. You wanted to speak about the Supreme Court Nominee?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal nodded. "It seems Carter is ending the investigation already, and the background checks haven't turned up any problems, so I don't see any reason to wait."
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal nodded. "It seems Carter is ending the investigation already, and the background checks haven't turned up any problems, so I don't see any reason to wait."

Simon rolls his eyes "Carter's a joke, we have more questions than answers... We need an FBI investigation into a potential conspiracy. But we can discuss that later. We can announce at the beginning of the week, start of the news cycle. If that works with you sir?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"I was thinking that we would just submit the nomination to the Senate directly, not bother adding any pizzaz or hype. We don't need this to turn into another show, just fulfill a responsibility," Cal replied.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"I was thinking that we would just submit the nomination to the Senate directly, not bother adding any pizzaz or hype. We don't need this to turn into another show, just fulfill a responsibility," Cal replied.

"Alright then i'll inform the Majority Leader, get her to set it up."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Good," Cal agreed simply. "Hopefully we can progress through the hearings relatively quickly."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Good," Cal agreed simply. "Hopefully we can progress through the hearings relatively quickly."

"Speaking of progressing quickly, I would like a moment to discuss the Carter Roberts campaign in Connecticut."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Go ahead," Cal invited.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Go ahead," Cal invited.

"With your permission I would like to help out Roberts a bit more directly, I was the governor of the state and I do have some sway. Nothing major just a TV ad, and I want to get the Vice President in it too and maybe a few other. Its very preliminary, I just wanted to get your go ahead before moving forward with anything concrete."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"You got yourself elected twice and a flipped the entire legislature red, Simon. As far as I'm concerned, you're the expert for anything and everything involving Connecticut. You have the contacts, the experience-like I said earlier, if you think you can use them, then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, unless it's something that's going to blast this administration or the party and their leadership, you're the King of Connecticut, you can do whatever you think works best," Cal answered.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"You got yourself elected twice and a flipped the entire legislature red, Simon. As far as I'm concerned, you're the expert for anything and everything involving Connecticut. You have the contacts, the experience-like I said earlier, if you think you can use them, then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, unless it's something that's going to blast this administration or the party and their leadership, you're the King of Connecticut, you can do whatever you think works best," Cal answered.

Simon smiled at the glowing endorsement "Thank you sir thats quite flattering, I promise not to take too much time away from the White House maybe a day or so. Also can you please speak with the Vice President about Roberts and supporting his campaign? He's been evasive every time I try and get him to support Roberts, I'm getting the distinct impression he doesnt like him."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"I think Buck might still be in the trip process, but I haven't checked in with him recently. I'll try to say something when I do," Cal replied.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"I think Buck might still be in the trip process, but I haven't checked in with him recently. I'll try to say something when I do," Cal replied.

"Thank you sir, do you need anything else?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The President was silent for several moments, internally debating whether to speak to Denisevich about the matter, but finally deciding to. Aware of the long gap between question and answer, he covered over the brief moment of self-conflict by the start of his reply.

"Ah, that's what it was, I remember now," he artificially recalled, then settled into a graver tone. "I have been constructing plans to head to the Gulf for a speech announcing and, well, celebrating the end of major combat operations. We've reached that point."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The President was silent for several moments, internally debating whether to speak to Denisevich about the matter, but finally deciding to. Aware of the long gap between question and answer, he covered over the brief moment of self-conflict by the start of his reply.

"Ah, that's what it was, I remember now," he artificially recalled, then settled into a graver tone. "I have been constructing plans to head to the Gulf for a speech announcing and, well, celebrating the end of major combat operations. We've reached that point."

"Truly" Simon said surprised and delighted "I had no idea we had made that kind of progress sir, this is wonderful news."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:30 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal simply nodded in agreement, deciding not to add anything to the sentiment.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:34 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal simply nodded in agreement, deciding not to add anything to the sentiment.

"We should confirm and double confirm though, we don't want a "Mission Accomplished" type of situation that Shrub Jr. had."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:29 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The President looked grim. "I'm very aware. I'm looking to take steps to ensure that does not happen again."
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

The President looked grim. "I'm very aware. I'm looking to take steps to ensure that does not happen again."

Simon nodded "Lets get our ducks in the row, make sure our regional allies can handle the situation and that we don't impose a timetable for the military to wind down operations. We also need to figure out what comes next in the region."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:58 am

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal shook his head. "The timetable is going to be essential. This was always set up as a decisive operation, not an occupation, and we know from experience that it'll turn into the latter if we're not diligent about winding the conflict down."

"I have talked to our Ambassadors, and Bell just got back from a visit to Iraq....we should be well set for allies."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal shook his head. "The timetable is going to be essential. This was always set up as a decisive operation, not an occupation, and we know from experience that it'll turn into the latter if we're not diligent about winding the conflict down."

"I have talked to our Ambassadors, and Bell just got back from a visit to Iraq....we should be well set for allies."

"A decisive operation with objectives, if we leave after they are achieved thats not a time table."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:01 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Any objective we set beyond the basic one we've had is going to be vague, and something we can't ever truly say we've reached," Cal counterpointed. "We'll either get something we can't realistically reach without a multi-year occupation, or something too nebulous to really claim success on, politically or operatively."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 8, 2017

Oval Office

"Any objective we set beyond the basic one we've had is going to be vague, and something we can't ever truly say we've reached," Cal counterpointed. "We'll either get something we can't realistically reach without a multi-year occupation, or something too nebulous to really claim success on, politically or operatively."

"I'm not talking about some vague statement of winning hearts and minds, i've heard talk of building an 'Arab NATO', or half a dozen other plans to counter terrorism and the threats of Russia and Iran in the region. I certainly want out troops out and if we really have ISIS beaten then we should pull them out. But a stable Middle East is going to take more than just going in there and kicking some ass."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:26 pm

May 8, 2017

Oval Office

Cal gave a smirk, an amused one rather than condescending, almost a partial grin. "The Carrollton Doctrine? I hadn't expected that to be dusted off. That half-dozen other plans, though, that's the threat there, that we spin our wheels looking for a next step, and end up spending years with forces that don't know what their final goal is, like we did the last time. Something like an Arab NATO, if we want to go for it, it's a diplomatic measure, not one that needs an army of boots on the ground to pull off. There are next steps, of course, but the first step going forward is stepping the troops back, or we're going back to 2003 all over again."
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse