NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:34 am

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal smirked. "I'll make sure the Secret Service is notified to be on the look out for a hobbling seventy-year old assassin." He resettled himself. "Keeping an eye on the situation from a distance is a good idea, though. Watch how things progress, make sure we're not caught off guard."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:46 am

White nodded, listening quietly as the two spoke. He decided, after a while, to comment.

“The Field Office in Jackson can be put on notice if necessary.” He looked at the President. “We don’t need to deploy agents, if that is something you want to avoid. We can simply wait and watch, as you were saying. And if the Governor defies the ruling, the Field Office has enough assets to respond without deployment of agents from Washington.”
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 am

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

"Any response needs to be measured, rather than reactive." Cal firmly stated, his eyes sliding for only a split-second to Florrick before looking back at White. "By all means, we should use what we can for passive observations-not wiretapping, house-searching, but keeping our ear to the ground, but if things change, and a response is needed, we'll decision will be made from here."
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 am

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

"Any response needs to be measured, rather than reactive." Cal firmly stated, his eyes sliding for only a split-second to Florrick before looking back at White. "By all means, we should use what we can for passive observations-not wiretapping, house-searching, but keeping our ear to the ground, but if things change, and a response is needed, we'll decision will be made from here."

Alicia smiled, looking at White than Reed ''So were all in agreement then?''
♔ Executive Staff- The North Pacific | The Imperial Federation
H.E Dr Claudia Everest KCAM: Permanent Representative to the World Assembly
{DEFCON: │>1<2345│ PEACE}
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 am

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal nodded, looking to White for his response.
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 am

White nodded. “Yes, I think we are.”
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:28 am

Oval Office

''Is there anything else you wished to discuss Mr President? Alicia asked.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

"Yes, I'm afraid there is." the President answered, looking at Florrick. This wasn't really something he was used to doing, or wanted to do, and he felt uncomfortable with it. He had never really been an authoritative kind of leader, Kingsley had always been the crack-downer at American Dream, but some lines needed to be laid, and some criticism was required.

"The Dudley situation." How to word this.....

"You can't do what you just did, with that announcement, and that investigation." How to say it, how to say it....

"We haven't gotten in an appointment to head the Antitrust division yet. Nothing has been settled or organized with the FTC, and they're the ones who are supposed to head up investigations like this. No one in the administration knew this was coming, or how to work with it."

He paused.

"Dudley is an extremely wealthy, and extremely driven man. He is putting everything he has into maintaining himself, maintaining his company. If he catches even a whiff, even a hint of some error on our part, even an implication of prosecutorial misconduct, an investigation by the wrong organ of government, his lawyers will go bat-on-ball on that, they'll exploit it all the way to the hilt, and he just might manage to wriggle himself off the hook."

"We can't make any missteps, and that's only possible so long as each step is calculated. We all have to be on the same page. We have to have the whole administration working together, not in different directions. We'll try to handle things how they are now, do our best to make the investigation work regardless, but in the future you cannot-cannot leap forward like this out of sync with the rest of the administration. Is that understood?"
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 am

White said nothing. He simply sat back, and watched the President lecture the Attorney General. That was something he nothing to do with. Dudley was a big man to take on. And White had taken on powerful people before. But never ones as central to political issues as Dudley was now. He hadn’t had input on that decision, and he’s glad he didn’t. He wasn’t interested in dragging the FBI into a massive scandal like that. He simply looked at Reed as he spoke, his eyes squinted as he took in every movement and every word. He was a keen observer, and he knew that the President was being rather selective.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Alicia nodded, understanding the severity of the situation. ''I understand Mr President, it was an error on my part not to inform you of the announcement. However, it is clear to me that Dudley has acted illegally and my intention was to let the American people know we were looking out for them. That everyone has to play by the rules. That said, no further action will be taken without consensus in the administration and without meeting with you first. I would also like to stress that my intention was not to cause you problems but i'll make it absolutely clear to the division that any investigation must be thorough and proper.''

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:13 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal was relieved inside. She was as new to her position as he was to his, and while it was a nasty bump to run over, it was welcome for it not to be worsened by further misunderstanding or conflict.

"Thank you, Madame Secretary. Make no mistake that we're absolutely going to be going after Dudley-we'll just all make sure that we're on the same page going forward." He chuckled. "We've had more than a few starting pains. I'm just glad to get them worked out now."
Male.

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal was relieved inside. She was as new to her position as he was to his, and while it was a nasty bump to run over, it was welcome for it not to be worsened by further misunderstanding or conflict.

"Thank you, Madame Secretary. Make no mistake that we're absolutely going to be going after Dudley-we'll just all make sure that we're on the same page going forward." He chuckled. "We've had more than a few starting pains. I'm just glad to get them worked out now."

“Mr President, I wouldn’t have accepted your offer to join your administration if I didn’t believe that you were capable of making a real positive impact on this country. All administrations have problems but we’ll come through it a stronger team.” Alicia then laughed adding “besides, it we can’t do a worse job than the last administration.”
Last edited by The Galactic Triumvirate on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:43 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal made a laugh as well. "I suppose we do have a very low bar to clear." A thought idly struck him. "I suppose it's the administration-before-last now, with Eric..."
Male.

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal made a laugh as well. "I suppose we do have a very low bar to clear." A thought idly struck him. "I suppose it's the administration-before-last now, with Eric..."

Alicia composed herself, “ah, quite right Mr President, quite right..”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:53 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal looked between the two of them again.

"Those are our primary concerns. Is there anything else either of you feel should be brought up now?'
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal looked between the two of them again.

"Those are our primary concerns. Is there anything else either of you feel should be brought up now?'

''That's it for me Mr President.'' Alicia said reassuringly, shutting her folder to emphasise the point.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:40 pm

White seemed to think for a while, as if he was unsure of what to say. “Well, I think maybe you should know about an investigation I hope to open up. Tony Schlang has multiple corruption allegations that have this far been ignored. I would like to take a look into the , and if any of them merit an investigation, I intend to look into it. I have an obligation to follow these accusations where ever they lead, and if that involves arresting Schlang, I would have to. Given his well known public personality, I wanted to inform you before we start anything.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal steepled his fingers to his nose, thinking. "Is this coming just based off of rumors, or has something more concrete come up that makes you think an investigation is needed?" He asked.
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal steepled his fingers to his nose, thinking. "Is this coming just based off of rumors, or has something more concrete come up that makes you think an investigation is needed?" He asked.

White thought for a moment.
“We don’t have much material evidence, but the number of stories we’ve heard raises questions. We don’t yet have cause to open up a full scale investigation, but I think if we at least start looking at the situation we might find probable cause to investigate. It’s something I’d like to keep secret, among a small team. I’d like to examine documents and speak with those making the claims, and maybe something will turn up that can justify a closer look. I think it at least deserves to be examined.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal nodded, with some hesitation. "Looking from a distance...if it's not launching an investigation, I suppose that shouldn't be stopped. If there's no evidence, though, no investigation. I don't want the FBI going after political opponents."
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

Cal nodded, with some hesitation. "Looking from a distance...if it's not launching an investigation, I suppose that shouldn't be stopped. If there's no evidence, though, no investigation. I don't want the FBI going after political opponents."

“I understand. For now, we will just examine some papers and talk to some people, at their own free will. No warrants or subpoenas, just an inquiry for information. If I get any evidence I’ll bring it to your attention and we can go from there.” He pauses, thinking for a moment. “And one more thing. It’s not a high profile case, but I think you might like to know that we’re hunting down this hacker, the one that hacked TNS some time back. The Cyber Crimes Division is trying to hunt them down before they do anything major again. I believe this individual warrants a risk to national security, and were dedicating as many resources as we can to track down the face behind the hacks.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:27 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

"If you think its that serious an issue, I'll trust your judgement." Reed conceded on the hacker.
Male.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Prolieum wrote:
February 2, 2017
Oval Office

"If you think its that serious an issue, I'll trust your judgement." Reed conceded on the hacker.

“Thank you, Mr. President.” He have a brief nod. “I can keep you posted on both these cases.” He pauses. “That’s all I have.”
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:14 pm

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

With Florrick having already noted she had finished, Cal rose from the couch.

"Thank you both for coming. We'll be sure to keep in communication."
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:13 am

February 2, 2017
Oval Office

After the departure of Florrick and White, Cal rummaged around in his pocket, taking out a pen and setting it spinning deftly around his fingers, a fun little dexterous trick, as Aubrey pushed herself up from the chair, walking around the desk to cross her arms over, standing opposite the President.

"Was I really that invisible, or is there some sort of unspoken code I'm not getting here?"

Cal chuckled. "I've got no idea, honey. I'd expected someone to say something but...well, I'm as much in the dark as you are."

She sighed, made to say something, then held up, and decided to just comment on the meeting she'd just observed.

"He was watching you, you know. Took everything in, broke you down, especially when you were talking to... she searched her memory. "Florrick. He's looking for something.

"Do you think it's just professional, or something else?"

She shrugged. "It's something you'd expect from someone in his position. You could tell with the probing-he's jockeying, basically. I don't think its definitely devious but, keep an eye on it."

He nodded. "Always was the plan."
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse