NATION

PASSWORD

The 115th Congress-Washington 2017

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Carter stood and bellowed “Aye.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:After blocking Senator Wilson's counter Kramer proceeded to summon a Paige to send a note to Senator Wilson.

"In the time that you've read this a 71 year old man has lobbied enough votes to guarantee his retirement.

After the Paige left to deliver the note Kramer proceeded to rush towards the Indiana and Missouri delegations.

Wilson runs to the Texas and Oklahoma delegations to compensate for the block. But Wilson had a rebound in mind and went back to the Carolina delegation.

Kramer out of the corner of his eye seen Senator Wilson heading towards the South and North Carolina delegations.

"My apologies for this Senator but I must temporarily leave as Senator Wilson is trying to counter my lobby. I'll be back here shortly." Kramer said as he proceeded to break into a run towards the South and North Carolina delegations.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Wilson runs to the Texas and Oklahoma delegations to compensate for the block. But Wilson had a rebound in mind and went back to the Carolina delegation.

Kramer out of the corner of his eye seen Senator Wilson heading towards the South and North Carolina delegations.

"My apologies for this Senator but I must temporarily leave as Senator Wilson is trying to counter my lobby. I'll be back here shortly." Kramer said as he proceeded to break into a run towards the South and North Carolina delegations.

Wilson notices Kramer heading over and steps out of the way.
"Watch where you're going while you lobby, OK Senator?"
Wilson goes to the senior Senator from Iowa and the Minnesota delegation.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:24 am

As Wilson crosses over to the Democratic side again Stacey very unexpectedly but innocently stretched letting him very precisely trip Wilson to land on his face while his attention was focused on dodging Kramer
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:As Wilson crosses over to the Democratic side again Stacey very unexpectedly but innocently stretched letting him very precisely trip Wilson to land on his face while his attention was focused on dodging Kramer

Redacted
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 am

Senate Floor

Darnell returned to the Democratic side from talking to other delegates and witnessed Stacey placing his leg in front of Wilson.

“You do realize that he is helping us.” He said averting his gaze from Wilson.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:As Wilson crosses over to the Democratic side again Stacey very unexpectedly but innocently stretched letting him very precisely trip Wilson to land on his face while his attention was focused on dodging Kramer

Wilson avoids Stacey's leg and turns around and confronts him.
"You do realise that I'm helping you, right? And you just made a scene that will be used as ammunition against you by the Progressives."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:49 am

The Orion Islands wrote:

Wilson avoids Stacey's leg and turns around and confronts him.
"You do realise that I'm helping you, right? And you just made a scene that will be used as ammunition against you by the Progressives."

Stacey waved his cane and creaked up out of his seat "You tryin' to run me over boy? You slow down and watch where you're goin' fore you hurt someone!" he criticized

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am

Senate Floor-Chair

"All votes have been tallied. The clerk will assess the vote."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

House Floor-Chair

"Without objection, the motion passes. The Chair invites the Representative from Rhode Island to lay out the bill."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:58 am

Senate Floor

Kramer proceeded to head back to where Senators Locklear and Kingsley were.

"You have my most sincere apologies Senators."
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Official Name: Republic of China Recognition ActNickname: ROCRA

Overview: This bill officially recognizes the Republic of China(AKA Taiwan) as an independent sovereign entity.

Section 1: The Republic of China is a democratic country in Asia that has historically been a US ally. The country deserves recognition as an independent country from the United States.

Section 2: Officially recognizes the Republic of China as a sovereign country

Section 3: Creates the post of United States Ambassador to Taiwan

This bill is then honorably presented to United States House of Representatives for consideration in order to recognize foreign countries to improve the United States Law and is backed by Jamie Johnson on Feb 18 2017

Do Not Remove: 1337

"The Republic is a very good ally people, and we should have official diplomatic ties to it. It is fully sovereign, has its own military, and holds free and fair elections. There is no reason we should not have full diplomatic ties with it. If we recognize it stupid Peoples Republic of China will know our strength and we can use that strength to prevent them from continuing their oppressive imperialism. We must contain them people1What is the worst thing that can happen people? China needs us more than we need them, thank you.:

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:30 am

House Floor-Chair

"The floor is open to questions."
Male.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:02 am

Prolieum wrote:
House Floor-Chair

Smith: “I agree with the overall sentiment with the bill, but the People’s Republic of China is very likely to attempt to take back Taiwan and drag us into that conflict.How do you justify the risk of war in this scenario?”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 am

House floor

“Representative, do you believe that we must stand up to Communism?”
Marianne 2024:

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:32 am

Meelducan wrote:
House floor

“Absolutely, however the foreign policy implications of this kind of decision are a little more intricate than that. Are plans and strategies for handling the fallout of this diplomatic meaure in place?”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 am

Velahor wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
House Floor-Chair

Smith: “I agree with the overall sentiment with the bill, but the People’s Republic of China is very likely to attempt to take back Taiwan and drag us into that conflict.How do you justify the risk of war in this scenario?”

"I dare them to try to take it, in fact I double dare them, no I triple dare them to try and take it. This bill is very popular among the America people Representative, the United States is conducting no hostile actions other than to recognize a legitimate, fully sovereign, democratic, and American aligned ally in the Pacific. It is fully within our rights to recognize whoever we want. Many countries still recognize Taiwan. Besides if China is so tough, why did they do not try already? Of course it is because we will sanction them. Nothing will come of this other than a show of strength. "

Meelducan wrote:
House floor

"Yes communism is bad, it breeds bad people, and eventually when left alone it will take all of our rights on our bill of rights. Starting with the first, then the second, and so and so forth until we have no rights left."
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:37 am

House floor

Donald do the questioning again.

“Representative, should we fight communism at every chance we get?”
Marianne 2024:

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:51 am

Jared passes a note to Smith

The UN recognizes the PRC as the Chinese government, we shouldn't try to undermine them like Reed did

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am

Meelducan wrote:
House floor

Donald do the questioning again.

“Representative, should we fight communism at every chance we get?”

"Yes, communism is an evil that must be purged from the Earth."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:12 am

Representative Yang stood and spoke with great authority.

“Congressman, do you recognize what the extreme ramifications of this poorly constructed bill are going to be? Are you aware that millions of people, both civilian and military, would be directly in the path of extreme military retaliation from the PRC? Do you recognize that anyone with even a basic grasp on East Asian Affairs would rightfully call this bill moronic to the highest degree? I want you to let me know if you’re actually fine with recklessly endangering American and Taiwanese men and women because of your personal desire to make a political splash, though I think I already know the answer.”
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

!

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:18 am

Vaquas wrote:Representative Yang stood and spoke with great authority.

“Congressman, do you recognize what the extreme ramifications of this poorly constructed bill are going to be? Are you aware that millions of people, both civilian and military, would be directly in the path of extreme military retaliation from the PRC? Do you recognize that anyone with even a basic grasp on East Asian Affairs would rightfully call this bill moronic to the highest degree? I want you to let me know if you’re actually fine with recklessly endangering American and Taiwanese men and women because of your personal desire to make a political splash, though I think I already know the answer.”

"I know what I am doing, I am the best mathematician in Rhode Island! The PRC will not dare to do anything! I like to see them try."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 pm

House Floor

Representative Pross, having been silent for the whole session so far, stands.

"Congressman, perhaps the negative consequences for diplomacy with the Chinese would be lessened if we can get backing from our allies, mainly those in Europe. How certain can we be that they'll come to our defense should we pass this legislation?"
Last edited by Panira on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signatures are just a social construct.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Panira wrote:
House Floor

"Congressman, perhaps the negative consequences for diplomacy with the Chinese would be lessened if we can get backing from our allies, mainly those in Europe. How certain can we be that they'll come to our defense should we pass this legislation?"

"I am willing to amend this piece of legislation to a motion that would ask the President to find allies to back up this bill at its present form, before reintroducing this bill."

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Panira wrote:
House Floor

"I am willing to amend this piece of legislation to a motion that would ask the President to find allies to back up this bill at its present form, before reintroducing this bill."

Pross smiles and nods. "Thank you, Congressman. A bill modified with that motion would be much more fit for debate on the Floor." He sits.
Last edited by Panira on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are just a social construct.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse