NATION

PASSWORD

The 115th Congress-Washington 2017

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
"I completely understand Senator." She began earnestly. "Its something to think about, but I ultimately think that an amendment like this is for the best. Yes, the people of Oregon may elect Senator Allison again and again, but its worth thinking about why he's the only real choice they get in November. Its not because he understands their issues or is particularly inspiring, its because they've become compacent and they feel like its all they know. If we actually make sure that they can get someone into this chamber who represents them, and not an idea or placeholder, then we can change the course of the country for good. And that's something we're all interested in." She explained. "He's going to tell you that its party line to vote against a cleaner, more efficient democracy, but we both know its to save his seat for himself."

"I will take that into consideration Senator," Brankers said with a very slight frown. Waiting until Locklear was a good distance away he turned his head to the elderly Senator standing close to him.

"Senator Allison what can I help you with?"

"Just a lil' chat bout this bill." Stacey said casually and watched Locklear leave. "Second opinion to what you just heard there I'd say" he guessed.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 am

“I am listening.”

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 am

House Floor-Chair

"Without objection, the motion passes. The floor is open to motion and debate."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:23 pm

House floor

Donald: “I move to call the previous question.”
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:“I am listening.”

"Couple things I could say here. Easy one would just be ta point out that you'd think keepin' a democracy would mean lettin' folks elect who they want, and not sayin' its our part ta say they can't. But I'm just gonna play it straight with you here. No one here knows how to make things for politics like I do, and that means there ain't no one who can see it the way I can. Awful convenient gettin' the big guns for the reds and the greens comin' out with somethin' that'll knock out th' incumbents in a year comin' that's got more blues runnin' then you'll ever see. Not bad for folks in their first year writin' this ta make somethin' that'll make them tha most experienced once others can't run anymore, nice ta have the years over others when its leadership for yerself you want."

"Matter of fact, helps you out a good bit, seein' you just came on in. Vote to pass and you're sittin' pretty pretty with the Miss Locklear there and the ones writin' the bill. Good career move for ya. Make a good play for yerself. All you gotta figure is if what you're carin' most about is makin' things first for you."

Stacey smiled and did a grandfather like pat on the arm and left Brankers to think.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:“I am listening.”

"Couple things I could say here. Easy one would just be ta point out that you'd think keepin' a democracy would mean lettin' folks elect who they want, and not sayin' its our part ta say they can't. But I'm just gonna play it straight with you here. No one here knows how to make things for politics like I do, and that means there ain't no one who can see it the way I can. Awful convenient gettin' the big guns for the reds and the greens comin' out with somethin' that'll knock out th' incumbents in a year comin' that's got more blues runnin' then you'll ever see. Not bad for folks in their first year writin' this ta make somethin' that'll make them tha most experienced once others can't run anymore, nice ta have the years over others when its leadership for yerself you want."

"Matter of fact, helps you out a good bit, seein' you just came on in. Vote to pass and you're sittin' pretty pretty with the Miss Locklear there and the ones writin' the bill. Good career move for ya. Make a good play for yerself. All you gotta figure is if what you're carin' most about is makin' things first for you."

Stacey smiled and did a grandfather like pat on the arm and left Brankers to think.

Brankers looked down and mustered whatever courage he could.

"Mr. President, I vote Nay."

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:11 pm

"I second the motion." Jamie cried

Jamie Johnson do the writing of another note to Donald

Dear Donald,

I have thought of a major problem we must fix right now. I heard Evil Ellen Walton is using Walmart as a point to brainwash and arm drunk teenagers to kill fellow Democrats. How should we solve this problem? I think it is the video games.

Most Serene and Kindest Regards,
Jamie
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 am

House Floor-Chair

"Without objection, the motion passes. The question is whether Instituting Patriot Day as a Federal Holiday shall pass. This House shall move into voting procedure."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:19 am

Jamie Johnson: "Aye"

De Nieto: "Aye"

Brennan: "Aye"

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:48 am

House floor

Donald Johnson: “Aye.”

Donald had seen Jamie’s note and began to reply.

Cousin,

I get drunk and play Candy Crush and I do not start shooting up random Democrats, it must be them Progressive’s! I think we should break in to their offices and find out how they are brain washing our youth!!!

Highest Possible Regards,
Donald
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Wilson goes over to the Colorado and Arizona delegations to looby them to stop the Give Noble a Senate Seat Amendment, co-sponsored by Noble's #2 fan, Peter Amaras, and an enemy of God, the unborn, and coal Reginaldo Alphonsey.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Senate Floor

Noticing Senator Wilson lobbying Kramer proceeded to head over to the senior Alabama Senator and the West Virginia and Tennessee delegations to lobby them to support the amendment.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Smith: “Aye.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 pm

Meelducan wrote:
House floor

Donald Johnson: “Aye.”

Donald had seen Jamie’s note and began to reply.

Cousin,

I get drunk and play Candy Crush and I do not start shooting up random Democrats, it must be them Progressive’s! I think we should break in to their offices and find out how they are brain washing our youth!!!

Highest Possible Regards,
Donald

Dear Donald,

Good idea I will get the break-in kit ready ASAP!

Infinite Regards,
Jamie

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:08 am

Morton: “Aye”

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:37 am

House Floor

White: “Aye.”

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:55 am

Jared-Aye
Stevenson-Aye

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 am

Wilson, once done with the Arizona and Colorado delegations, goes over to the present half of the New Mexico delegation, before going over to the Nevada, Montana, and California Democrats, portraying the amendment as a naked Progressive power grab.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:59 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Wilson, once done with the Arizona and Colorado delegations, goes over to the present half of the New Mexico delegation, before going over to the Nevada, Montana, and California Democrats, portraying the amendment as a naked Progressive power grab.

Stacey shooed Wilson away with his cane once he came over to the Democratic side of the chamber "Git now boy, talk of the ears of your own folks or just get a sit down"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:37 am

Rep. Freeman: (P-MA) "Aye."
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 am

House of Reps

Glen Anderson: I would like to submit the following bill for consideration

Bill Proposal Sheet
Official Name: First Amendment Protection Act

House of Representative Sponsors: Glen Anderson, Amelia Yang, William Brennan
Senate Sponsors: Helena Locklear, Edgar Brankers, Phillip Prejean, Zachary Fowler

Overview: This bill makes any state, or territory found infringing on protected speech under the first and fourteenth amendments ineligible to receive any federal grants or subsidies.

Section 1: The first amendment was written to protect the free exercise of religion, speech, press, expression, petition and assembly without government interference. These rights are sacred and vital to the existence of a democracy and for the respect of human dignity. A society in which citizens unable to criticize the government takes one step further into tyranny and dictatorship. It is the first building block of a democracy, and as such is the first entry in the bill of rights.

James Madison said “Liberty is to faction –[political parties or movements] what air is to fire, an aliment without which it instantly expires, But it could not be less folly to abolish liberty, which is essential to political life, because it nourishes faction, than it would be to wish the annihilation of air, which is essential to animal life, because it imparts to fire its destructive agency.”

Section 2: Definitions:

A) “Unprotected Speech” is speech that is subjected to regulations issued by the government which can be classified as obscenity, fighting words, fraudulent misrepresentation, advocacy of imminent lawless behavior, threats and defamation.

Section 3: Prohibition

A) All Constitutionally Protected rights to speech, free exercise of religion, press, expression, petition and assembly may not be infringed upon by any state entity. The Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment applies the 1st Amendment to the States meaning states may not infringe upon the 1st Amendment. Unprotected Speech is not protected by this act.

B) Any State or Territory of the United States found in federal court infringing on the rights defined by the first amendment may not receive, in any way, shape or form; federal funding, benefits, subsidies, grants, contracts or any other program until any laws infringing on these rights is removed. Funds may also not be distributed to any State or Local agencies under the state government in question. Private entities within the State are not affected.

C) All contracts currently in place between the State in question and the Federal government must be honored until the end of contact but may not be renewed while the state government is found to be infringing on the first amendment rights of its citizens.

This bill is then honorably presented to The House of Representatives for consideration in order to protect the first amendment to improve the United States Law and is backed by Representatives Glen Anderson, Amelia Yang, and William Brennan and Senators Helena Locklear, Edgar Brankers, Phillip Prejean, and Zachary Fowler on April 15th, 2018

Do Not Remove: 1337
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 am

Prolieum wrote:
House Floor-Chair

"Without objection, the motion passes. The question is whether Instituting Patriot Day as a Federal Holiday shall pass. This House shall move into voting procedure."

Anderson: Aye
Samara: Aye
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:36 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Wilson, once done with the Arizona and Colorado delegations, goes over to the present half of the New Mexico delegation, before going over to the Nevada, Montana, and California Democrats, portraying the amendment as a naked Progressive power grab.

Stacey shooed Wilson away with his cane once he came over to the Democratic side of the chamber "Git now boy, talk of the ears of your own folks or just get a sit down"

Senator Wilson: "Put that thing down. I am trying to stop a naked Progressive power grab, an undemocratic amendment, and the Give Noble a Senate Seat Amendment."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 am

Senate Floor

Kramer after lobbying the senior Alabama Senator along with the Tennessee and West Virginia delegations proceeded to lobby the South and North Carolina delegations and from there headed to the Arkansas delegation and the Republican Senator for Florida.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:44 am

The Orion Islands wrote:

Senator Wilson: "Put that thing down. I am trying to stop a naked Progressive power grab, an undemocratic amendment, and the Give Noble a Senate Seat Amendment."

"Do it with your own kind, boy." Stacey waved off

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse