NATION

PASSWORD

The 115th Congress-Washington 2017

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:01 am

Vaquas wrote:Senator Locklear: "And you have no idea who this mysterious "they" might be?"

"No, I don't have any evidence besides speculation."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
"My reputation was the main area where I was threatened. Claims that "they" would destroy my professional reputation. A physical threat to inflict pain was made later."

Senator Wilson: "Were you offered payment and how much, and do you have descriptions of the threats on your physical body."

"Both the offers and the threats were very vague. "Extremely well compensated for your time" for the offer and "If you keep this up you're going to end up getting hurt" for the threat."

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:08 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Wilson: "Were you offered payment and how much, and do you have descriptions of the threats on your physical body."

"Both the offers and the threats were very vague. "Extremely well compensated for your time" for the offer and "If you keep this up you're going to end up getting hurt" for the threat."

"Under oath, did you ever accept compensation?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:10 am

Dentali wrote:

"No"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 am

Dentali wrote:

"No"

"Do you have any physical evidence of these people and their threats? Video, audio, call logs? Can you describe the person who went to your apartment? Does you apartment have security cameras or some form of log?"

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:34 am

Dentali wrote:
"No"

"Do you have any physical evidence of these people and their threats? Video, audio, call logs? Can you describe the person who went to your apartment? Does you apartment have security cameras or some form of log?"

"There may be fingerprints on my door handle, if they could be singled out. I can describe them and my apartment does have security feeds"

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 am

"Do you have a name?"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:"Do you have a name?"

"Sophia Lorenz" she deadpanned

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:"Do you have a name?"

"This process isn't a joke Ms. Lorenz." Locklear said sternly, despite her internal feelings on that front. "Do you have a name for the person who contacted you?"
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:51 am

Vaquas wrote:

"This process isn't a joke Ms. Lorenz." Locklear said sternly, despite her internal feelings on that front. "Do you have a name for the person who contacted you?"

"Tom Baker" she responded, without a change in tone

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:41 pm

After Lorenz finished her testimony and was dismissed, Joanna Larner, a black haired stern looking woman was sworn in and made her opening statement.

"Everything I said about Rossi was true. Fact. These denials don't have any basis in reality. Rossi was someone who put on a sweet face to the public, but in private I know and I'll testify under oath that she was filled with toxic racism and homophobia up to the brim. So go ahead and ask away."

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Committee Floor

"Ms. Larner, how long have you known Dr. Rossi?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Committee Floor

"I knew her for a few years in college. And that was more than long enough."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Committee Floor

“Before we proceed. Are you clear on the fact that lying to this committee is an act of purjury which is a felony and carries a penalty of up to five years. Keep that in mind when I tell you that if you would like to change your story, now is the only time to do so because we will be figuring out the truth. Now if you still insist your version is true, please detail for us the circumstances when the offending language was used by Mrs. Rossi.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Chewion wrote:

“Before we proceed. Are you clear on the fact that lying to this committee is an act of purjury which is a felony and carries a penalty of up to five years. Keep that in mind when I tell you that if you would like to change your story, now is the only time to do so because we will be figuring out the truth. Now if you still insist your version is true, please detail for us the circumstances when the offending language was used by Mrs. Rossi.”

"I noticed you never made a threat like that for the people you called in to defend her. Definitely makes this hearing look nice and unbiased doesn't it? You're not looking for the actual truth of this, you're trying to shield your partisan ally." Joanna aggressively accused.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm

“Alright let us all calm down here. What we care is about the truth. So what language did Dr Rossi use in private?”

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Senate Floor

Amaras scoffed. "This is supposed to be a reliable witness?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Committee Floor

"Typical," Darnell said writing something down. "I'm sorry about the behavior of some Senators from across the aisle, it is really sad to see party politics play into investigations." Darnell paused.

"Were you ever a member of the Archery Club, Ms. Larner?"
Marianne 2024:

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Committee Floor

"Typical," Darnell said writing something down. "I'm sorry about the behavior of some Senators from across the aisle, it is really sad to see party politics play into investigations." Darnell paused.

"Were you ever a member of the Archery Club, Ms. Larner?"

"Thank you Senator. Yes, I was."

"And for the other question, whoever is broadcasting this should have a bleeper ready if they want to protect the public conscience, or whatever, because she said some nasty stuff"

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Committee Floor

"Did you ever hear Dr. Rossi use racist or homophobic slurs when she was practicing archery?"
Marianne 2024:

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Committee Floor

"Did you ever hear Dr. Rossi use racist or homophobic slurs when she was practicing archery?"

"No, she would put on a pretty face when she was in public like that. She used them in private"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Committee Floor

"No, she would put on a pretty face when she was in public like that. She used them in private"

"Please relay any incidents in the most detail you can, when and where exactly? What was the context? Who else was in the room?"

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Please relay any incidents in the most detail you can, when and where exactly? What was the context? Who else was in the room?"

"It was usually just William, her and I, different spots around campus or out in town, just hanging out. She never got out much and Will and I felt bad for her, so we invited her out a couple times, and then we got to hear all that ugliness she kept hidden on the second or third time, and she just kept going. She thought we were friends then and it took months to just get away from that toxic woman, she would go on rants anywhere where she didn't think anyone else could hear, just racist, supremacist, heteronormative rants, apparently she thought Will and I were just fine with it because she'd act all shy and smiling in public then take off the mask when we were around"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Dentali wrote:

"It was usually just William, her and I, different spots around campus or out in town, just hanging out. She never got out much and Will and I felt bad for her, so we invited her out a couple times, and then we got to hear all that ugliness she kept hidden on the second or third time, and she just kept going. She thought we were friends then and it took months to just get away from that toxic woman, she would go on rants anywhere where she didn't think anyone else could hear, just racist, supremacist, heteronormative rants, apparently she thought Will and I were just fine with it because she'd act all shy and smiling in public then take off the mask when we were around"

"Now as you apparently know several people who have testified that they were approached with money and threats to make such claims. Were you ever approached to speak out against Rossi?"

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Now as you apparently know several people who have testified that they were approached with money and threats to make such claims. Were you ever approached to speak out against Rossi?"

"The only people who approached me were the WSJ reporters"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse