NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:We crushed them together with our allies who did the hard work, just as they crushed us with their allies who did the hard work. Turtucaia was more of a Romanian mistake than a Bulgarian victory, and the rest was mostly just Germany coming in from the northwest.

And we still won the war, so :P

Gothmog had the appearance of an ugly potato. The White City would have never fallen to such an abomination!

What was Silistra then?

Ehem. "Won". As in deciding to re-enter one day before the signing of the armistice.

But...it nearly did in the movies where it was actually Gothmog commanding the siege rather than the Witch King himself like it was in the books. So you'd have it fall to this fellow rather than the badass old orc commander?

I keep seeing comments on YT how fucking Azog would totally beat Gothmog to a pulp if he would've stayed alife. I always want to answer:
"Yeah. If Azog would've survived those 80 years inbetween that, he probably would've looked just like Gothmog who is obviously a fucking war veteran if you look at all his scars."
Tracian Empire wrote:Those apps already look impressive!

I'll probably only review them after we move to a new thread though xD

*starts working on his own 4 apps*
Gotta get these done finally and these three were a perfect motivator.

Bulgaria was fighting only 1/3 of the Romanian Army, as the rest of our forces were in Transylvania. And remember, the Entente had promised an entirely different situation - they were supposed to attack Bulgaria from the south.

Won. As in, resisting and eventually pushing the invaders back a little before Russia oh so suddenly decided to get out of the war. Then as soon as the circumstances allowed us, we certainly took advantage of it - and we kicked Hungary's ass into Trianon.

A wonderful war.

Eww, that is ugly. But the Witch King from the actual movies was nice.

There was no need for an oversized potato head :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
What was Silistra then?

Ehem. "Won". As in deciding to re-enter one day before the signing of the armistice.

But...it nearly did in the movies where it was actually Gothmog commanding the siege rather than the Witch King himself like it was in the books. So you'd have it fall to this fellow rather than the badass old orc commander?

I keep seeing comments on YT how fucking Azog would totally beat Gothmog to a pulp if he would've stayed alife. I always want to answer:
"Yeah. If Azog would've survived those 80 years inbetween that, he probably would've looked just like Gothmog who is obviously a fucking war veteran if you look at all his scars."

*starts working on his own 4 apps*
Gotta get these done finally and these three were a perfect motivator.

Bulgaria was fighting only 1/3 of the Romanian Army, as the rest of our forces were in Transylvania. And remember, the Entente had promised an entirely different situation - they were supposed to attack Bulgaria from the south.

Won. As in, resisting and eventually pushing the invaders back a little before Russia oh so suddenly decided to get out of the war. Then as soon as the circumstances allowed us, we certainly took advantage of it - and we kicked Hungary's ass into Trianon.

A wonderful war.

Well, Entente had to bide its time with Salonica, seeing how well dug in the Bulgarians were there. Ah yes, they were fighting just a tiny margin of Romania's army. Not even too shabby still for a country that was just devastated in the last war it fought just two years prior and was so much smaller than Romania. Not to mention their own army also being deployed in Serbia and partly Greece.

Well, son, if you were so reliant on Russia, then obviously you were finished. As for Hungary, please do not forget the help from the Czechoslovaks, Serbians, French and Nationalist Hungarians, yes?

I'll see you say that again after I drag you kicking and screaming through the time machine and drop you right into it. :lol2:

Eww, that is actually a very correct depiction of the Witch King, just as he is described in the books. Jackson went full badass and rule of cool with all of his movies so it is clear why everyone flocks to them rather than other adaptations or the original.

The oversized potato head crushed Gondor's defense in both Osgiliath and Minas Tirith. Gondor was finished. Moviewise. Bookwise, things were entirely different.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Charlia, I heard you like ringwraiths?

Here are my favourite ringwraiths.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

A wonderful war.

Well, Entente had to bide its time with Salonica, seeing how well dug in the Bulgarians were there. Ah yes, they were fighting just a tiny margin of Romania's army. Not even too shabby still for a country that was just devastated in the last war it fought just two years prior and was so much smaller than Romania. Not to mention their own army also being deployed in Serbia and partly Greece.

Well, son, if you were so reliant on Russia, then obviously you were finished. As for Hungary, please do not forget the help from the Czechoslovaks, Serbians, French and Nationalist Hungarians, yes?

I'll see you say that again after I drag you kicking and screaming through the time machine and drop you right into it. :lol2:

Eww, that is actually a very correct depiction of the Witch King, just as he is described in the books. Jackson went full badass and rule of cool with all of his movies so it is clear why everyone flocks to them rather than other adaptations or the original.

The oversized potato head crushed Gondor's defense in both Osgiliath and Minas Tirith. Gondor was finished. Moviewise. Bookwise, things were entirely different.

Well, the Entente shouldn't have promised stuff that it wouldn't do. The Romanian Army's panicked reaction was because had basically ensured the Romanian High Command that it wouldn't even have to fight against the Bulgarians - an offensive in the Salonica front should have kept them preoccupied, and we should have received significant Russian reinforcements on the Danube.

But Bulgaria was in a much better strategic position than Romania anyway.

True, but Romania's forces crushed the main Hungarian forces and occupied Budapest. We also ruined their elite Szekely division :P

Well, it was certainly a horrible war, but the end of it was nice for Romania.

It's not that we were reliant on Russia. The situation quickly turned against us, but still we managed to stop the combined forces of the Central Powers once the front was reduced, and we had offensives of our planned for late 1917.

No one would have imagined that Russia would fall though, and Russia falling had the negative effect of basically having us be surrounded by the Central Powers. Not much we could have done there.

Shh, the Witch King is epic.

The oversized potato head crushed Gondor's forces with overwhelmingly superior numbers, and yet he failed to take the city in time..

If it you would have given Boromir or Faramir the forces that Gondor had at its height, that potato head of his would have been hung somewhere on the walls of Minas Tirith :P
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Well, Entente had to bide its time with Salonica, seeing how well dug in the Bulgarians were there. Ah yes, they were fighting just a tiny margin of Romania's army. Not even too shabby still for a country that was just devastated in the last war it fought just two years prior and was so much smaller than Romania. Not to mention their own army also being deployed in Serbia and partly Greece.

Well, the Entente shouldn't have promised stuff that it wouldn't do. The Romanian Army's panicked reaction was because had basically ensured the Romanian High Command that it wouldn't even have to fight against the Bulgarians - an offensive in the Salonica front should have kept them preoccupied, and we should have received significant Russian reinforcements on the Danube.

True, but Romania's forces crushed the main Hungarian forces and occupied Budapest. We also ruined their elite Szekely division :P

It's not that we were reliant on Russia. The situation quickly turned against us, but still we managed to stop the combined forces of the Central Powers once the front was reduced, and we had offensives of our planned for late 1917.

No one would have imagined that Russia would fall though, and Russia falling had the negative effect of basically having us be surrounded by the Central Powers. Not much we could have done there.

The oversized potato head crushed Gondor's forces with overwhelmingly superior numbers, and yet he failed to take the city in time..

If it you would have given Boromir or Faramir the forces that Gondor had at its height, that potato head of his would have been hung somewhere on the walls of Minas Tirith :P

I was pretty sure the Entente actually expected Romania to attack Bulgaria and pick on someone it could hope to beat, rather than rush straight into Austria-Hungary to its death. As for the Russians, well, you DID receive russian reinforcements in the Danube though they had to be pulled back out again due to the situation on the russian end of the front changing rapidly in favour of the Central Powers. And honestly, it tookt he Entente forever to break Salonica. Another offensive right at that point probably wouldn't have fazed the Bulgarians and would've just cost an unnecessary amount of Entente lives.

Much better position as in, they didn't decide to rush to the aid of an alliance, whose only power in the area had already showed signs of complete incompetence? Much better as in, ensuring that it had only minimal fronts rather than having like 3/4s of the borders bordering enemies?

You were very reliant on Russia. Your army was underequipped at the start of the war and lived on Russian Weapon production and supply for the remainder of the war. If it was not for the Russians, your peasants would've had to fight the Hungarians, Germans, Bulgarians and Turks with pitchforks and stones rather than rifles and machineguns. As for your own offensives, just like the Brusilov Offensive, they would've run out of steam, even if Russia would've continued to fight. Brusilov Offensive faltered because of a lack of supplies. The supply situation would've degraded only further from the point where the Russian Empire historically gave up, so the planned Romanian offensives probably wouldn't even have materialized due to a lack of...material.

Yeah, Romanai was one of the main winners of the war. And Hungary was actually the main loser of the war together with Austria, losing much of its minerals as well as nearly half of its industry to neighbouring states, not to mention massive amounts of population and an amount of ethnic hungarians equalling 50% of the Hungarians remaining modern borders Hungary.

As for Faramir and Boromir? Honestly...the whole point is that Gondor was at its deepest and not on the height of its power. And if it were on the height of its power, I believe there would've been plenty of even better commanders than Boromir and Faramir.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Yeah but I still want to get back to work on them. :P

It's always nice to see more Achisians :P

Forgot to say this:
9 times out of 10 if there is a remnant of anything, especially of an empire I will either form a character dedicated to it or a faction dedicated to it. Just for the heck of it. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's always nice to see more Achisians :P

Forgot to say this:
9 times out of 10 if there is a remnant of anything, especially of an empire I will either form a character dedicated to it or a faction dedicated to it. Just for the heck of it. :P

*has remnants in his name*
Oh damn.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

I was pretty sure the Entente actually expected Romania to attack Bulgaria and pick on someone it could hope to beat, rather than rush straight into Austria-Hungary to its death. As for the Russians, well, you DID receive russian reinforcements in the Danube though they had to be pulled back out again due to the situation on the russian end of the front changing rapidly in favour of the Central Powers. And honestly, it tookt he Entente forever to break Salonica. Another offensive right at that point probably wouldn't have fazed the Bulgarians and would've just cost an unnecessary amount of Entente lives.

Much better position as in, they didn't decide to rush to the aid of an alliance, whose only power in the area had already showed signs of complete incompetence? Much better as in, ensuring that it had only minimal fronts rather than having like 3/4s of the borders bordering enemies?

You were very reliant on Russia. Your army was underequipped at the start of the war and lived on Russian Weapon production and supply for the remainder of the war. If it was not for the Russians, your peasants would've had to fight the Hungarians, Germans, Bulgarians and Turks with pitchforks and stones rather than rifles and machineguns. As for your own offensives, just like the Brusilov Offensive, they would've run out of steam, even if Russia would've continued to fight. Brusilov Offensive faltered because of a lack of supplies. The supply situation would've degraded only further from the point where the Russian Empire historically gave up, so the planned Romanian offensives probably wouldn't even have materialized due to a lack of...material.

Yeah, Romanai was one of the main winners of the war. And Hungary was actually the main loser of the war together with Austria, losing much of its minerals as well as nearly half of its industry to neighbouring states, not to mention massive amounts of population and an amount of ethnic hungarians equalling 50% of the Hungarians remaining modern borders Hungary.

As for Faramir and Boromir? Honestly...the whole point is that Gondor was at its deepest and not on the height of its power. And if it were on the height of its power, I believe there would've been plenty of even better commanders than Boromir and Faramir.

No, they didn't. Romania was expected to attack Austria-Hungary and to kick it out of the war, which they nearly did - had the Romanians not been scared by the Bulgarians in the south the Romanians would have reached the Mures river, giving them an easy to defend front. Get some Russians in there and whatever the Germans would have tried to do it would have ended with Romanians and Russians pouring in towards the Hungarian plains.

We didn't receive what the Entente promised, that at least is sure. The Entente disrespected most of the terms of the Treaty of Bucharest. They promised an offensive in the south, they should have done it, they promised Russian reinforcements we should have received them. You can't exactly blame the Romanians - they had their share of the blame yes, but the strategic situation was completely different from how it was supposed to be.

Bulgaria was indeed in a much better position, but Romania's choice actually made sense. Leaving aside the fact that we wanted to liberate Transylvania, the Entente promised Romania everything it needed, and the French especially used all their influence to push for it. On the other side, Germany was unable to offer us anything, as Bessarabia couldn't compensate for everything else. The Brusilov Offensive was promising, and KuK Armee was on German life support, so the situation wasn't as bad as hindsight shows.

And Romania did everything to improve its situation - it wasn't its fault that the Entente powers didn't follow on their promises. Russia promised to organize an offensive to support the Romanian offensive into Transylvania, which would have been enough to break the Austro-Hungarian forces there. Russia also promised to send us enough troops to keep the Bulgarians at bay, and the allies promised an offensive into Thessaloniki. The plan was perfect in theory, and it was very promising.

That is incredibly false, I'm afraid. Russia could barely produce weapons for themselves, we lived on French and British weapon production. The Entente promised to equip our army, and while we did have issues with our soldiers being under-equipped, it was mostly the lack of machine guns and modern artillery that plagued us, our soldiers did have more than enough rifles.

The Brusilov Offensive ran out of steam after Romania entered the war, mind you. And the main point of the Romanian offensive was to kick Austria's ass, which it would have been more than able to - the Austro-Hungarian army was in shambles. No one expected Germany to react as it did, but as a matter of fact, the forces that Germany had to sent there relieved the pressure on Verdun, which was a good think. Considering that the Allies were supplying us and that Romania had no supply issues until the war ended, the prospects of a Romanian offensive weren't all that bad.

And as a slight note, while we started the war in a bad position, the Romanian Army in 1917 was a different force - as proved by the battles then and by the records of the enemy armies.

Well, no one forced Hungary to try to Hungarize the regions around them, and mind you, Hungarian propaganda did its best to make the loss be more dramatic and unjust as it was - like them suddenly discovering that the until then distinct Szekely were full Hungarians.

Still, just saying. We shouldn't give the servants of Mordor so much credit if they failed in such a situation when they had an overwhelming advantage.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's always nice to see more Achisians :P

Forgot to say this:

Well, I do have some interesting plans for Achisia in the new IC :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Too much OOC history here, we should take it to the TG xD

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Forgot to say this:

*has remnants in his name*
Oh damn.

*forms a Remnants of Exilvania fanclub*

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Also, from their descriptions, I'd assume that Augustine and Solomon aren't exactly the biggest fans of Achisia's necromancer's xD

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Also, from their descriptions, I'd assume that Augustine and Solomon aren't exactly the biggest fans of Achisia's necromancer's xD

Well given how the latter views the Empire's later policies in a very negative light while the former had the ones in his army executed yes that would be a safe assumption. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Also, from their descriptions, I'd assume that Augustine and Solomon aren't exactly the biggest fans of Achisia's necromancer's xD

Well given how the latter views the Empire's later policies in a very negative light while the former had the ones in his army executed yes that would be a safe assumption. :P

That's a shame..

They probably also disliked just how much the Emperor's dark mages had on the army.

And the fact that Achisia used huge hordes of undead alongside its armies xD

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

That's a shame..

They probably also disliked just how much the Emperor's dark mages had on the army.

Picture it like this:
Augustine (when the war started): "I will tolerate you in my army and working with my army by order of the Emperor. Don't expect anything else."
Augustine (the moment the Emperor was killed): "Someone get me my ax! I got some beheadings to do!" :D

But for Augustine it was a deep sense of "My country, right or wrong" and Solomon is Augustine's great-grandson so he was pulled along for the ride, plus he was 12 when the war started so of course he wanted to join dear grandfather when he could.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Too much OOC history here, we should take it to the TG xD

*quietly copies extensive answer into a TG*

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:32 pm

So is there any time skip I should wait for before posting on the IC?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:So is there any time skip I should wait for before posting on the IC?

Yeah. We are getting a new OOC, where you should then copy your app into.
And a while after the new OOC, we will probably also get a new IC which will pick up more or less right where we left off.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:While I do like the Nazgul, I am a loyal supporter of Gondor :P
Rohan best nation.

Rohan got nearly crushed by the secky songs of these young fellas.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Character Application

Name: Schröck Blech
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Human
Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ove ... 0410111959

Position/Status/Affiliation: Konstanze's head butler
Skills/Powers//Magic: No particular skills apart from being a great butler, a great cook, a great improvisor and most importantly, very adept at poisoning others.
Equipment: Poisons in different forms and his uniform.

Personality: Schröck's life revolves entirely around Konstanze Unsterb. He attempts to please her, to be liked by her. Every single one of his actions has that as its end goal. He never really acts independently, mainly because when he does one can not call it independent acting because he attempts to mimick what Konstanze would've done in order to please her. Apart from that though he is the usual dry butler, really.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Biography: Schröck Bleck, a born Blech. People who've been servants of the Unsterb's for centuries, even throughout the darkest times of the dynasty. As such, his father took great pride in the post and he made absolutely fucking sure to instill that pride in young Schröck as well. Now, after making 4 shells of what usually constitutes as apps in my eyes, I feel kind of dead inside so I'll keep this even shorter than in the four other ones. Anyway, yes, he had to uphold the family legacy and serve and so he went onward and served. He served Konrad for as long as he lived, faithfully doing whatever task was given to him, regardless how morally reprehensible it was. Yeah, he learned the hard way that being the head butler of the Unsterbs meant that one had to get his hands dirty.

During the attack on the mansion, Schröck was outside, drowning a business rival of Konrad in the fen. Of course he immediately made his way back when he heard the screams and sound of fighting coming from the house but by the time he returned it was already too late. The mercenaries had left again already and he was just standing there with mud covered trousers and panting heavily. Fucking hell, wading through a fen in his age was something he should not be doing anymore. Anyway, he picked up and salvaged the rest of the household and carried his new mistress, Konstanze Unsterb outside. She seemed dazed and in a shock. Probably due to the death of her father. He had seent he body. He guessed that they had been attacked by a rival merchant who had intended to kill Konrad. Anyway, now, with Konrad's death, he was Konstanze's head butler and now he tried to please her, to make her like him and his actions. And tada, get Schröck Blech.
Goals: Serve the Unsterb Dynasty just like his ancestors. Please Konstanze and be her favourite.
Theme Song:(Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)

RP Sample: Never again
Did you read the Rules?: You'd like that, wouldn't you?
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)

Character Application

Name: Adele Edelweiß
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian ok? *develops love interest in Lisbeth*
Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Izayoi.Saku ... 227682.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: Maid of Konstanze Unsterb. Soon to be transferred to Lisbeth.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Extremely proficient at using daggers and throwing knives. Well, versed in unarmed hand to hand combat as well. Very athletic and acrobatic. Also one of the best human maids money could have bought in western Lonriel.
Equipment: Atleast 6 daggers/throwing knives at all times as well as her maid uniform.

Personality: A quiet maid focusing a lot on her work. Efficiency and grace is the A and O of her endeavours. Once not occupied with work, she does tend to loosen up a little and get friendly with her master/mistress. However, before guests or strangers, a neutral facade is always kept.
Biography: Actually, this girl is a slave. She always was. She was born to a slave of the Company of the Forsaken and immediately ended up as a slave herself. Considering her youth, she was an object of special treatment by her slavers because she was very malleable. She was ripped from her mother the moment she didn't need her milk anymore. And after that she was raised to be a perfect maid, which was the advantage of her youth. They could turn her into anything they or their customers wanted her to be. She was in incredibly specializable product. Anyway, as said, they went the maid route with her since servants were always in high demand and all these old and rich geezers liked to have young women around them and doing their work. Of course though, she was also being trained in close combat and in the usage of hidden weapons like daggers and knives. The slavers knew that customers did like it when their actually loyal slaves and servants were also well capable of protecting them.

Anyway, when she turned 16 she ws purchased by the rich Anselmian merchant Konrad Unsterb who of course liked having another nice maid around in his manor. It was a big manor afterall. However, once he had brought her to his manor, he released her from slavery, saying that he did not wish to have people working for him in chains and then killing him in his sleep. He offered her a coach ride to any other side in Anselm if she wanted to find her luck somewhere else. However, he also offered her well paid work here in his mansion. Seeing as she couldn't quite understand what had just happened, having never before known what it meant to be no slave anymore, she just accepted his offer, inteding to still serve him.

In time, real gratitude and a sense of belonging swelled up within Adele, as she came to understand what Konrad had granted her. She came to enjoy how comparatively fair he treated her and that he actually paid her and even gave her holidays where she could spend her money. However, being the conscientious maid she was, she noticed that there was something deep within Konrad. A struggle, an old memory. Something that was causing him great pain. She believed it to be the death of his daughter and first wife. And she did whatever she could to ease his pain...by keeping every item that reminded of his family in pristine condition!

When the attack on the manor took place, she was currently out on a holiday, enjoying herself aka buying a new broom and other utensils for her work. Only when she returned did she find out about the attack and was about to set out to punish the mercenaries. But Konstanze forbade it and reminded her of her work contract, which bound her to her now. And so she's ben serving Konstanze since then.
Goals: To be the perfect maid and servant.

RP Sample: NEIN
Did you read the Rules?: Nein again
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Vivian Thorne
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Appearance: https://i.imgur.com/N80nJju.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: One of the servants of Konstanze Unsterb.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Vast magical potential as well as a great aim. Knows all too well how to use these snazzy new guns yer makin'.
Equipment: She got one of your snazzy new guns, Thrac. Don't ask from where. One of the most powerful merchants worldwide has her sources.

Personality: Honestly? I really hate making personalities because my characters tend to end up different from their personality descriptions for which I tend to take forever because I just don't get any ideas for personalities. But I suppose for a henchmen character like her, a bland personality will do. The usual, cold, distant, focuses on efficiency. No such thing as pity left within her. Viciously evil when asked about her height.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Neutral
Biography: To be honest, she was a street urchin in Arys. And just like in every Anselmian city, life for the poor and unprivileged dregs of society is absolute hell on earth. It's a testimony to her skill that she managed to survive as long as she did, even though only barely. When she was only 13 years old, she had the incredible luck of falling half dead before the carriage of Konstanze Unsterb in Arys. And Konstanze was many things but clearly not heartless, She cared deeply about Anselm and at that time still hoped to do good for it by bettering the situation of those in the lower ranks of society.

And so she was taken with Konstanze to her father's manor where she learned to be a maid. And she was happy. She had food, clean clothes and a tidy room for herself. Her situation had become so much better. Well, that was untill the mercenaries attacked the mansion. And it showed Vivian just how weak she truly was. Yes, she may have been able to survive the streets, but surviving the streets usually did not account for armed soldiers really wanting to kill you. She watched as the people she had been living with were slaughtered and her new home painted red with the blood of its inhabitants. But she herself had incredible luck. For some odd reason, the mercenaries were called back. They retreated, leaving them alone but also taking whatever they wanted with them.

Later that day, Konstanze and the remaining servants left the manor. As one of the few remaining servants, Vivian became one of Konstanze's more important and trusted servants. In order to not fail her mistress' trust and to not be as helpless as she was when the mercenaries attacked, she started training how to fight. She soon found ranged weapons to be her forte and that she had an uncanny precision when it came to shooting. Indeed, her mistress was so impressed, she eventually gifted her a new weapon, a secret weapon. It apparently worked by using the magic of its bearer. At first Vivian didn't trust it, since she did not believe in magical weapons, nor did she think she had any magical potential. But her doubts evaporated when she used the gun for the first time. Not just was it deadly and fun to use, she was also capable of firing it which meant that he had actual magical potential. Fun times ahead.
Goals: Honestly? To get paid and eventually settle down and have a quiet life's eve.

RP Sample: Did you count the chars?
Did you read the Rules?: Niet
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Scarlet Knight
Appearance: Helmet & Face

Position/Status/Affiliation: The Scarlet Knight is the Colonel's Bodyguard
Skills/Powers//Magic: Highly skilled with a sword. Also dabbled in performance enhancing magic. Decent rider. Incredibly potent rage mode which's power source is unknown. Wether it is magical potential or mere physical prowess, when she activates her rage mode, her strength, speed and durability are greatly enhanced.
Equipment: Well, a full set of armour as well as a sword and a horse.

Personality: The Scarlet Knight is dangerous. She likes to kill, she likes to destroy. She taunts her opponents and derives pleasure from killing and hurting others. She lusts for conflict and is a restless character. At the same time though, she easily sees red, aka loses her composure and falls into an all consuming rage when taking too much damage.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Biography: This child actually hailed from Anselm. Ah, Anselm. Good old Anselm. Corruption and Crime rooted deep within it, made the life for a street urchin like her hell on earth. Every day was a fight for survival, a fight that only the fittest survived. She killed at an early age. Killed for little more than scraps. Heck, during harsh winters she even committed herself to cannibalism. And yet, all of these acts and deeds as well as her age stand as proof of her will to survive. She survived the streets and alleys of Elbing, something not many can claim of themselves.

Now, the The Great War had been raging throughout her life and as the merchants and nobles often did, the poor of the cities were recruited to fight their wars. And she took the chance, seeing as it provided her with food, clothes and weapons for the duration of the war. And so she marched along the armies of Anselm into Achisia, fighting, killing, seeing others die around her. In the streets of Elbing she had learned to trust no one. To love no one. That brutality and fear ensured survival better than anything else. It helped her greatly to survive this war. She killed brutally and shed no tear for fallen comrades...and after a while she even started to enjoy it. Really, the war was getting blurred for her, turning into one mad frenzy of carnage and death.

And then it was over. And she, she was faced with returning to Arys, surrendering her arms, clothes and return to the life of a miserable street urchin. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Of course she didn't. She defected and joined a mercenary band, in fact, the Black Band. There, she constantly took contracts to appease her lust for battle which in turn led to superiors taking note of her fighting style. In fact, the Colonel himself took note and saw a rough gem in her. With some polishing, he could easily turn her into something truly deadly. And thus he took her under his personal care. He gave her real armour and arms and had the Black Knight train her. And only months ago she officiall became the Scarlet Knight, one of the Colonel's bodyguards. Previously she had been known as the Scarlet Murderer.
Goals: Actually, she's pretty much without goals right now. Just tagging along and satisfying her lust for killing, thus ending up with mercenaries.

RP Sample: How many chars now?
Did you read the Rules?: No
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Actually unknown. He is commonly referred to as Black Knight
Race: Presumable human.
Appearance: Dietrich also gets a minion!

Position/Status/Affiliation: The Black Knight is the Colonel's Bodyguard.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Anything particular? Apart from being great at riding something, great at fighting with a great variety of close combat weapons and damn good shot with crossbow? Nah, nothing magical, no.
Equipment: The armour he wears, a big ol' longsword and a black horse.

Personality: A very taciturn character. It is unknown if he ever actually spoke. His actions are ruthless and he does go over piles of bodies to reach his goals. But he is not exactly cruel. He may often prefer the dark/evil/cruel route as it often brings him quicker towards his goals but he doesn't do so because he likes to. He just values efficiency a lot. And if he is ordered to interrogate and break some idealistic upstart hero knight and it would speed up the process of doing so by executing or torturing his entire family before his eyes, then he will do so without hesitation.
Biography: Let's see what I can whip up for him after all these months.

Let's see. Born 36 years ago in Achisia into a minor noble house. Trained as a knight to serve the Achisian Emperor as a knight in the Achisian Army. Training to be a good knight for the Emperor was harsh but that was necessary to produce a knight who would put neither the Emperor nor his own family to shame. Still, by the time the Great War broke out, the young lad was still only a fourteen year old squire and not a full fledged knight. Still, he was drawn into the war to learn firsthand from true combat experiences. 3 Years later, after long and hard fighting and after having received a great many scars, he finally became a full fledged Achisian Knight and fought with relative honour and pride for the Empire. Yeah, I know that just couldn't quite last. His pride and honour faded over time as he experienced the darkness Achisia unleashed. Undead hordes, dark magic, the Cult of Sins and the brutal and cruel behaviour of hired mercenaries made him lose those thos quite quickly.

He became a man who just tried to shut it all out. To focus only on his mission and on nothing more. Just on how to complete it as quickly and effectively as possible. He just hoped that the war would end, that everything would return back to normal after it. But the gods didn't seem to want to grant him this mercy. The conflict was drawn out more and more and never seemed to finish. He was a seasoned veteran of the war by the time the Anselmians betrayed them, turning the tides even further against them. He didn't have any illusions. Unless the Emperor unleashed a power previously unknown to all, Achisia was going to lose and lose it would badly. He had seen how the mercenaries treated his enemies back when they were still on his side. He didn't hold any illusions that they would for some odd reason act differently towards Achisians. If anything, he noticed them acting even harsher and more brutal to them, probably in an attempt to show their new allies that they had truly broken up with their employers' former allies.

And yeah, along the road to Achisia's downfall he got captured by forces of the Black Band. Like with many other high ranking prisoners and nobles, he was kept alife in order to maybe ransom him at a later date, after the war. However, the mercenaries soon managed to acquire informations about his house and decided that a rich ransom was probably not something they'd get out of him. And so he was instead left to satisfy their desires of hurting those weaker than them. Torture would fill his days for weeks. He clenched his teeth together and attempted to bear the pain both mental and physical, caused by magic and torture instruments.

By the time the Colonel found him, he was little more than a shell of the man he had previously been. No motivations, no emotions, no memories...nothing. He was little more than a lifeless husk. Many would have killed him at this point but the Colonel saw use in him. Despite all the scars from battle and torture, he still had the body of a veteran knight of Achisia and the knowledge how to handle his arms was ingrained in his very muscles. He was still useful.

It is unknown how the Colonel managed to actually make the fallen knight move again. Unknown how he managed to make him eat. Unknown how he managed to make him follow his orders and act like his loyal dog. All that you must know is, that the Black Knight, as he became known among the mercenaries, is a loyal dog of the Colonel and protects him with his life.

Well, I guess I managed something. Kept it kinda open so I am able to put whatever the fuck I still want to put in there in there.
Goals: He must serve the Colonel. For the pained body of the Knight, this is all there is left to do and he does so with utmost efficiency.

RP Sample: Hey, this is my potentially sixth character for this!
Did you read the Rules?: Indeed.
Miscellaneous:

Here, have 5 barebone apps. Probably gonna make two more on Wednesday. Finally found something for the Overlord I believe.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Character Application

Name: Schröck Blech
Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ove ... 0410111959

Position/Status/Affiliation: Konstanze's head butler
Skills/Powers//Magic: No particular skills apart from being a great butler, a great cook, a great improvisor and most importantly, very adept at poisoning others.
Equipment: Poisons in different forms and his uniform.

Personality: Schröck's life revolves entirely around Konstanze Unsterb. He attempts to please her, to be liked by her. Every single one of his actions has that as its end goal. He never really acts independently, mainly because when he does one can not call it independent acting because he attempts to mimick what Konstanze would've done in order to please her. Apart from that though he is the usual dry butler, really.
Biography: Schröck Bleck, a born Blech. People who've been servants of the Unsterb's for centuries, even throughout the darkest times of the dynasty. As such, his father took great pride in the post and he made absolutely fucking sure to instill that pride in young Schröck as well. Now, after making 4 shells of what usually constitutes as apps in my eyes, I feel kind of dead inside so I'll keep this even shorter than in the four other ones. Anyway, yes, he had to uphold the family legacy and serve and so he went onward and served. He served Konrad for as long as he lived, faithfully doing whatever task was given to him, regardless how morally reprehensible it was. Yeah, he learned the hard way that being the head butler of the Unsterbs meant that one had to get his hands dirty.

During the attack on the mansion, Schröck was outside, drowning a business rival of Konrad in the fen. Of course he immediately made his way back when he heard the screams and sound of fighting coming from the house but by the time he returned it was already too late. The mercenaries had left again already and he was just standing there with mud covered trousers and panting heavily. Fucking hell, wading through a fen in his age was something he should not be doing anymore. Anyway, he picked up and salvaged the rest of the household and carried his new mistress, Konstanze Unsterb outside. She seemed dazed and in a shock. Probably due to the death of her father. He had seent he body. He guessed that they had been attacked by a rival merchant who had intended to kill Konrad. Anyway, now, with Konrad's death, he was Konstanze's head butler and now he tried to please her, to make her like him and his actions. And tada, get Schröck Blech.
Goals: Serve the Unsterb Dynasty just like his ancestors. Please Konstanze and be her favourite.

RP Sample: Never again
Did you read the Rules?: You'd like that, wouldn't you?
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Adele Edelweiß
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian ok? *develops love interest in Lisbeth*
Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Izayoi.Saku ... 227682.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: Maid of Konstanze Unsterb. Soon to be transferred to Lisbeth.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Extremely proficient at using daggers and throwing knives. Well, versed in unarmed hand to hand combat as well. Very athletic and acrobatic. Also one of the best human maids money could have bought in western Lonriel.
Equipment: Atleast 6 daggers/throwing knives at all times as well as her maid uniform.

Personality: A quiet maid focusing a lot on her work. Efficiency and grace is the A and O of her endeavours. Once not occupied with work, she does tend to loosen up a little and get friendly with her master/mistress. However, before guests or strangers, a neutral facade is always kept.
Biography: Actually, this girl is a slave. She always was. She was born to a slave of the Company of the Forsaken and immediately ended up as a slave herself. Considering her youth, she was an object of special treatment by her slavers because she was very malleable. She was ripped from her mother the moment she didn't need her milk anymore. And after that she was raised to be a perfect maid, which was the advantage of her youth. They could turn her into anything they or their customers wanted her to be. She was in incredibly specializable product. Anyway, as said, they went the maid route with her since servants were always in high demand and all these old and rich geezers liked to have young women around them and doing their work. Of course though, she was also being trained in close combat and in the usage of hidden weapons like daggers and knives. The slavers knew that customers did like it when their actually loyal slaves and servants were also well capable of protecting them.

Anyway, when she turned 16 she ws purchased by the rich Anselmian merchant Konrad Unsterb who of course liked having another nice maid around in his manor. It was a big manor afterall. However, once he had brought her to his manor, he released her from slavery, saying that he did not wish to have people working for him in chains and then killing him in his sleep. He offered her a coach ride to any other side in Anselm if she wanted to find her luck somewhere else. However, he also offered her well paid work here in his mansion. Seeing as she couldn't quite understand what had just happened, having never before known what it meant to be no slave anymore, she just accepted his offer, inteding to still serve him.

In time, real gratitude and a sense of belonging swelled up within Adele, as she came to understand what Konrad had granted her. She came to enjoy how comparatively fair he treated her and that he actually paid her and even gave her holidays where she could spend her money. However, being the conscientious maid she was, she noticed that there was something deep within Konrad. A struggle, an old memory. Something that was causing him great pain. She believed it to be the death of his daughter and first wife. And she did whatever she could to ease his pain...by keeping every item that reminded of his family in pristine condition!

When the attack on the manor took place, she was currently out on a holiday, enjoying herself aka buying a new broom and other utensils for her work. Only when she returned did she find out about the attack and was about to set out to punish the mercenaries. But Konstanze forbade it and reminded her of her work contract, which bound her to her now. And so she's ben serving Konstanze since then.
Goals: To be the perfect maid and servant.

RP Sample: NEIN
Did you read the Rules?: Nein again
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Vivian Thorne
Appearance: https://i.imgur.com/N80nJju.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: One of the servants of Konstanze Unsterb.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Vast magical potential as well as a great aim. Knows all too well how to use these snazzy new guns yer makin'.
Equipment: She got one of your snazzy new guns, Thrac. Don't ask from where. One of the most powerful merchants worldwide has her sources.

Personality: Honestly? I really hate making personalities because my characters tend to end up different from their personality descriptions for which I tend to take forever because I just don't get any ideas for personalities. But I suppose for a henchmen character like her, a bland personality will do. The usual, cold, distant, focuses on efficiency. No such thing as pity left within her. Viciously evil when asked about her height.
Biography: To be honest, she was a street urchin in Arys. And just like in every Anselmian city, life for the poor and unprivileged dregs of society is absolute hell on earth. It's a testimony to her skill that she managed to survive as long as she did, even though only barely. When she was only 13 years old, she had the incredible luck of falling half dead before the carriage of Konstanze Unsterb in Arys. And Konstanze was many things but clearly not heartless, She cared deeply about Anselm and at that time still hoped to do good for it by bettering the situation of those in the lower ranks of society.

And so she was taken with Konstanze to her father's manor where she learned to be a maid. And she was happy. She had food, clean clothes and a tidy room for herself. Her situation had become so much better. Well, that was untill the mercenaries attacked the mansion. And it showed Vivian just how weak she truly was. Yes, she may have been able to survive the streets, but surviving the streets usually did not account for armed soldiers really wanting to kill you. She watched as the people she had been living with were slaughtered and her new home painted red with the blood of its inhabitants. But she herself had incredible luck. For some odd reason, the mercenaries were called back. They retreated, leaving them alone but also taking whatever they wanted with them.

Later that day, Konstanze and the remaining servants left the manor. As one of the few remaining servants, Vivian became one of Konstanze's more important and trusted servants. In order to not fail her mistress' trust and to not be as helpless as she was when the mercenaries attacked, she started training how to fight. She soon found ranged weapons to be her forte and that she had an uncanny precision when it came to shooting. Indeed, her mistress was so impressed, she eventually gifted her a new weapon, a secret weapon. It apparently worked by using the magic of its bearer. At first Vivian didn't trust it, since she did not believe in magical weapons, nor did she think she had any magical potential. But her doubts evaporated when she used the gun for the first time. Not just was it deadly and fun to use, she was also capable of firing it which meant that he had actual magical potential. Fun times ahead.
Goals: Honestly? To get paid and eventually settle down and have a quiet life's eve.

RP Sample: Did you count the chars?
Did you read the Rules?: Niet
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Scarlet Knight
Appearance: Helmet & Face

Position/Status/Affiliation: The Scarlet Knight is the Colonel's Bodyguard
Skills/Powers//Magic: Highly skilled with a sword. Also dabbled in performance enhancing magic. Decent rider. Incredibly potent rage mode which's power source is unknown. Wether it is magical potential or mere physical prowess, when she activates her rage mode, her strength, speed and durability are greatly enhanced.
Equipment: Well, a full set of armour as well as a sword and a horse.

Personality: The Scarlet Knight is dangerous. She likes to kill, she likes to destroy. She taunts her opponents and derives pleasure from killing and hurting others. She lusts for conflict and is a restless character. At the same time though, she easily sees red, aka loses her composure and falls into an all consuming rage when taking too much damage.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Biography: This child actually hailed from Anselm. Ah, Anselm. Good old Anselm. Corruption and Crime rooted deep within it, made the life for a street urchin like her hell on earth. Every day was a fight for survival, a fight that only the fittest survived. She killed at an early age. Killed for little more than scraps. Heck, during harsh winters she even committed herself to cannibalism. And yet, all of these acts and deeds as well as her age stand as proof of her will to survive. She survived the streets and alleys of Elbing, something not many can claim of themselves.

Now, the The Great War had been raging throughout her life and as the merchants and nobles often did, the poor of the cities were recruited to fight their wars. And she took the chance, seeing as it provided her with food, clothes and weapons for the duration of the war. And so she marched along the armies of Anselm into Achisia, fighting, killing, seeing others die around her. In the streets of Elbing she had learned to trust no one. To love no one. That brutality and fear ensured survival better than anything else. It helped her greatly to survive this war. She killed brutally and shed no tear for fallen comrades...and after a while she even started to enjoy it. Really, the war was getting blurred for her, turning into one mad frenzy of carnage and death.

And then it was over. And she, she was faced with returning to Arys, surrendering her arms, clothes and return to the life of a miserable street urchin. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Of course she didn't. She defected and joined a mercenary band, in fact, the Black Band. There, she constantly took contracts to appease her lust for battle which in turn led to superiors taking note of her fighting style. In fact, the Colonel himself took note and saw a rough gem in her. With some polishing, he could easily turn her into something truly deadly. And thus he took her under his personal care. He gave her real armour and arms and had the Black Knight train her. And only months ago she officiall became the Scarlet Knight, one of the Colonel's bodyguards. Previously she had been known as the Scarlet Murderer.
Goals: Actually, she's pretty much without goals right now. Just tagging along and satisfying her lust for killing, thus ending up with mercenaries.

RP Sample: How many chars now?
Did you read the Rules?: No
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Actually unknown. He is commonly referred to as Black Knight
Race: Presumable human.
Appearance: Dietrich also gets a minion!

Position/Status/Affiliation: The Black Knight is the Colonel's Bodyguard.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Anything particular? Apart from being great at riding something, great at fighting with a great variety of close combat weapons and damn good shot with crossbow? Nah, nothing magical, no.
Equipment: The armour he wears, a big ol' longsword and a black horse.

Personality: A very taciturn character. It is unknown if he ever actually spoke. His actions are ruthless and he does go over piles of bodies to reach his goals. But he is not exactly cruel. He may often prefer the dark/evil/cruel route as it often brings him quicker towards his goals but he doesn't do so because he likes to. He just values efficiency a lot. And if he is ordered to interrogate and break some idealistic upstart hero knight and it would speed up the process of doing so by executing or torturing his entire family before his eyes, then he will do so without hesitation.
Biography: Let's see what I can whip up for him after all these months.

Let's see. Born 36 years ago in Achisia into a minor noble house. Trained as a knight to serve the Achisian Emperor as a knight in the Achisian Army. Training to be a good knight for the Emperor was harsh but that was necessary to produce a knight who would put neither the Emperor nor his own family to shame. Still, by the time the Great War broke out, the young lad was still only a fourteen year old squire and not a full fledged knight. Still, he was drawn into the war to learn firsthand from true combat experiences. 3 Years later, after long and hard fighting and after having received a great many scars, he finally became a full fledged Achisian Knight and fought with relative honour and pride for the Empire. Yeah, I know that just couldn't quite last. His pride and honour faded over time as he experienced the darkness Achisia unleashed. Undead hordes, dark magic, the Cult of Sins and the brutal and cruel behaviour of hired mercenaries made him lose those thos quite quickly.

He became a man who just tried to shut it all out. To focus only on his mission and on nothing more. Just on how to complete it as quickly and effectively as possible. He just hoped that the war would end, that everything would return back to normal after it. But the gods didn't seem to want to grant him this mercy. The conflict was drawn out more and more and never seemed to finish. He was a seasoned veteran of the war by the time the Anselmians betrayed them, turning the tides even further against them. He didn't have any illusions. Unless the Emperor unleashed a power previously unknown to all, Achisia was going to lose and lose it would badly. He had seen how the mercenaries treated his enemies back when they were still on his side. He didn't hold any illusions that they would for some odd reason act differently towards Achisians. If anything, he noticed them acting even harsher and more brutal to them, probably in an attempt to show their new allies that they had truly broken up with their employers' former allies.

And yeah, along the road to Achisia's downfall he got captured by forces of the Black Band. Like with many other high ranking prisoners and nobles, he was kept alife in order to maybe ransom him at a later date, after the war. However, the mercenaries soon managed to acquire informations about his house and decided that a rich ransom was probably not something they'd get out of him. And so he was instead left to satisfy their desires of hurting those weaker than them. Torture would fill his days for weeks. He clenched his teeth together and attempted to bear the pain both mental and physical, caused by magic and torture instruments.

By the time the Colonel found him, he was little more than a shell of the man he had previously been. No motivations, no emotions, no memories...nothing. He was little more than a lifeless husk. Many would have killed him at this point but the Colonel saw use in him. Despite all the scars from battle and torture, he still had the body of a veteran knight of Achisia and the knowledge how to handle his arms was ingrained in his very muscles. He was still useful.

It is unknown how the Colonel managed to actually make the fallen knight move again. Unknown how he managed to make him eat. Unknown how he managed to make him follow his orders and act like his loyal dog. All that you must know is, that the Black Knight, as he became known among the mercenaries, is a loyal dog of the Colonel and protects him with his life.

Well, I guess I managed something. Kept it kinda open so I am able to put whatever the fuck I still want to put in there in there.
Goals: He must serve the Colonel. For the pained body of the Knight, this is all there is left to do and he does so with utmost efficiency.

RP Sample: Hey, this is my potentially sixth character for this!
Did you read the Rules?: Indeed.
Miscellaneous:

Here, have 5 barebone apps. Probably gonna make two more on Wednesday. Finally found something for the Overlord I believe.

Apps for the App God! Characters for the Character Throne!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 01, 2018 7:44 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That's a shame..

Picture it like this:
Augustine (when the war started): "I will tolerate you in my army and working with my army by order of the Emperor. Don't expect anything else."
Augustine (the moment the Emperor was killed): "Someone get me my ax! I got some beheadings to do!" :D

But for Augustine it was a deep sense of "My country, right or wrong" and Solomon is Augustine's great-grandson so he was pulled along for the ride, plus he was 12 when the war started so of course he wanted to join dear grandfather when he could.

That is certainly interesting!

But it is also somewhat ironic, since I suppose that their loyalty to the Mage-Emperor was unquestionable - and the Emperor was Achisia's greatest necromancer.

It also interesting that many of Achisia's necromancers, like poor Celio, were forced to deal with that twisted art of magic against their will.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 am

It's also interesting to think about it - the Achisians most likely will have a different opinion on the Seven Heroes and the Seven Traitors than the rest of the human realms.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue May 01, 2018 9:01 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Picture it like this:

That is certainly interesting!

But it is also somewhat ironic, since I suppose that their loyalty to the Mage-Emperor was unquestionable - and the Emperor was Achisia's greatest necromancer.

It also interesting that many of Achisia's necromancers, like poor Celio, were forced to deal with that twisted art of magic against their will.

Unquestionable loyalty (though private doubts near the end) but they still maintained a... romantic sense of honor. Kinda still working on them but Augustine, in addition to being a general was an apt enough politician to survive for as long as he did as the Empire turned to darkness. Might be pretty apt to say that he figured the negative elements of the Empire could be excised after final victory and the Emperor embraced those elements under necessity for Achisia's ascension. Or how he rationalized it away anyway. Because he was old enough to either remember different times or grew up reading of earlier times, after all "Achisia was a rich land, blessed by the light". Another thing he might have rationalized was the idea that the Emperor was somehow corrupted, correct or not that is what he believed, and that necromancers had something to do with it. And that while he was bound to obey the Emperor he could not harm them but as soon as the Emperor died he could act, but this time in retaliation.

Meanwhile I am developing another character to add to the list had a sudden bout of inspiration.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That is certainly interesting!

Unquestionable loyalty (though private doubts near the end) but they still maintained a... romantic sense of honor. Kinda still working on them but Augustine, in addition to being a general was an apt enough politician to survive for as long as he did as the Empire turned to darkness. Might be pretty apt to say that he figured the negative elements of the Empire could be excised after final victory and the Emperor embraced those elements under necessity for Achisia's ascension. Or how he rationalized it away anyway. Because he was old enough to either remember different times or grew up reading of earlier times, after all "Achisia was a rich land, blessed by the light". Another thing he might have rationalized was the idea that the Emperor was somehow corrupted, correct or not that is what he believed, and that necromancers had something to do with it. And that while he was bound to obey the Emperor he could not harm them but as soon as the Emperor died he could act, but this time in retaliation.

Meanwhile I am developing another character to add to the list had a sudden bout of inspiration.

That is certainly interesting to know.

At some point in the past, and even at the beginning of the war, the Mage-Emperor was still adored and respected by many. He was after all, the most powerful mage of the human race, and through his magic, he lived for.. a very long time, ever since Achisia was founded.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse