NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC][Open]The Pointless Odyssey of Navi's Gate

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Hothnia wrote:
PONG Application

Name: Hannah Leahy
Appearance: 5'8 and 110 LBs. Usually has hair pulled back in a bun. Has a very heavy Highlands British Accent.
Position on the Ship: Weapons Officer ( Her room also serves as the armory for the crew)
Skills:

Handling Firearms- Hannah is basically an expert in this matter having handled firearms for a majority of her life and being taught by a former military officer. She can strip, clean, shoot, or whatever you want with a gun. Somewhat overly cocky about this.

Fairly knowledgeable- Hannah, having grown up in a fairly affluent household, was given a good education and because of this she tends to be smarter then a majority of people. She said excels in geography, history, Physical Education, and science but has trouble in Math.

Equipment:

• Data Pad- for basic research and to continue her education.
  • M16 with ACOG sight
  • 3 extra pairs of clothes, toiletries, etc
  • Massive Bag full of extra firearms, other weapons- for handouts for members of the crew or replacements for broken weapons
  • Some Books ( On how to work the large weapons and what to do if something goes wrong and others just for reading in boredom.
  • Binoculars- for I don't know, looking at things?
  • Dog ( Large German Shepard)

Biography: Hannah was born in New Londonium in a poorer neighborhood. ( Who wasn't?) Very early in life, she learned to scavenge old world stuff like her father in mother. After all, it was the only way they could earn money. Hannah tended to pick fights with other scavengers, a lot of the time over silly things like small pieces of scavenge. Usually these fights ended in violence, which Hannah usually won despite her small size and stature.

When Hannah was 8, her parents died in a sink hole near the family home. Hannah, unable to pay the rent, was kicked out of the home by the landlord and cast upon the street. Two days later, a kind, well off man found her and took her in to his house, a fairly large and nice house. The man eventually became her father and teacher. He, she found out, was one of the few rich left in the world and he had made his profits due to real estate. Hannah received a fairly good education by her adopted father.

Two years later, her " father" died. His son, a nasty 21 year old, took over his father's company. Hannah was forced to work if she wanted to stay in the household and Hannah begrudgingly chose to be part of the boy's security team. Here she was trained by the Captain of the security team, a former military man. He quickly took a liking to her sassy spirit and began to teach her what he knew. Hannah found happiness in her new job despite her hatred for the boy in charge and continued to work there, rising slowly in the ranks and learning more about firearms as she went.

Then Hannah heard about Kuznetsov and her ship. Hannah yearned for adventure and took this as a prime opportunity to escape the mess of steel and glass she called home. Hannah applied and beat out her competition despite not knowing much about heavy weaponry because of her strive and seemingly endless energy ( She personally thought the Captain thought her accent was funny and kept her for that). She quit her job much to her "brothers" displeasure and the Captain of the Guard's pride. He was glad she was finally making her own decisions and beginning her new life. While waiting for the trip to begin, Hannah studied heavy weapons and now has a fairly profound knowledge about them.

Personality: Hannah can be described as one thing, a bitch. She's disrespectful, quick to yell, prone to ranting, and rarely follows orders ( unless she truly respects the person.) Hannah trusts few but those she trusts know her as a kind and loyal friend. Oh, and she loves her dog to the death. Don't hurt her dog.
Theme Song:
RP Sample:

Commodore Bennet, HMS Princess Annette

" She's still a head of us Sir!"

Henry's Lieutenant shouted up to the bridge of the Princess Annette.

" Shall we raise the forward sails?"

" No Lieutenant. We can't risk losing control of the rudder. Fire chase cannons. Disable their starboard mast."

" It Will be done Commodore."

Commodore Bennet nodded and walked over to the starboard side of the ship and motioned over to the captain of the HMS Dragon, James Wellkorthy.

" James, fire chase cannons!" James nodded and began to yell commands at the crew of his ship.

The chase cannons on the Princess Annette fired, striking just below the captains cabin of the Queen's Bane, the ship that was being chased by the British patrol. The Dragon fired as well. This time, the Queen's Bane wasn't so lucky. The shot tore through the masts, disabling the ship. " Pull up beside her and prepare to board!" The Princess Annette crashed into the side of the Queen's Bane and fired a volley inside her. There was no need to board the ship as the cannonballs struck the Queen's Bane's powder magazine and the ship blew apart, throwing bits of wood everywhere.

The burning wreckage of Queen's Bane went down fast, leaving only bodies, chunks of wood, and a large black flag on the top of the water where the frigate once sailed.

" Congratulations Commodore, another Pirate ship sunk. At this rate, you'll have to be recognized by the Admiralty in some way. My, 3 ships in one week! Soon, the Carribean will be cleared!"

" Thank you Lieutenant. Now see to it that all of our men are fine. And set course back to Port Royal. I'm sure Princess Annette took some damage in that fight."

" Of course, sir."

Question: Why is Captain's last name the name of Russia's joke carrier?

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Hothnia wrote:
PONG Application

Name: Hannah Leahy
Appearance: 5'8 and 110 LBs. Usually has hair pulled back in a bun. Has a very heavy Highlands British Accent.
Position on the Ship: Weapons Officer ( Her room also serves as the armory for the crew)
Skills:

Handling Firearms- Hannah is basically an expert in this matter having handled firearms for a majority of her life and being taught by a former military officer. She can strip, clean, shoot, or whatever you want with a gun. Somewhat overly cocky about this.

Fairly knowledgeable- Hannah, having grown up in a fairly affluent household, was given a good education and because of this she tends to be smarter then a majority of people. She said excels in geography, history, Physical Education, and science but has trouble in Math.

Equipment:

• Data Pad- for basic research and to continue her education.
  • M16 with ACOG sight
  • 3 extra pairs of clothes, toiletries, etc
  • Massive Bag full of extra firearms, other weapons- for handouts for members of the crew or replacements for broken weapons
  • Some Books ( On how to work the large weapons and what to do if something goes wrong and others just for reading in boredom.
  • Binoculars- for I don't know, looking at things?
  • Dog ( Large German Shepard)

Biography: Hannah was born in New Londonium in a poorer neighborhood. ( Who wasn't?) Very early in life, she learned to scavenge old world stuff like her father in mother. After all, it was the only way they could earn money. Hannah tended to pick fights with other scavengers, a lot of the time over silly things like small pieces of scavenge. Usually these fights ended in violence, which Hannah usually won despite her small size and stature.

When Hannah was 8, her parents died in a sink hole near the family home. Hannah, unable to pay the rent, was kicked out of the home by the landlord and cast upon the street. Two days later, a kind, well off man found her and took her in to his house, a fairly large and nice house. The man eventually became her father and teacher. He, she found out, was one of the few rich left in the world and he had made his profits due to real estate. Hannah received a fairly good education by her adopted father.

Two years later, her " father" died. His son, a nasty 21 year old, took over his father's company. Hannah was forced to work if she wanted to stay in the household and Hannah begrudgingly chose to be part of the boy's security team. Here she was trained by the Captain of the security team, a former military man. He quickly took a liking to her sassy spirit and began to teach her what he knew. Hannah found happiness in her new job despite her hatred for the boy in charge and continued to work there, rising slowly in the ranks and learning more about firearms as she went.

Then Hannah heard about Kuznetsov and her ship. Hannah yearned for adventure and took this as a prime opportunity to escape the mess of steel and glass she called home. Hannah applied and beat out her competition despite not knowing much about heavy weaponry because of her strive and seemingly endless energy ( She personally thought the Captain thought her accent was funny and kept her for that). She quit her job much to her "brothers" displeasure and the Captain of the Guard's pride. He was glad she was finally making her own decisions and beginning her new life. While waiting for the trip to begin, Hannah studied heavy weapons and now has a fairly profound knowledge about them.

Personality: Hannah can be described as one thing, a bitch. She's disrespectful, quick to yell, prone to ranting, and rarely follows orders ( unless she truly respects the person.) Hannah trusts few but those she trusts know her as a kind and loyal friend. Oh, and she loves her dog to the death. Don't hurt her dog.
Theme Song:
RP Sample:

Commodore Bennet, HMS Princess Annette

" She's still a head of us Sir!"

Henry's Lieutenant shouted up to the bridge of the Princess Annette.

" Shall we raise the forward sails?"

" No Lieutenant. We can't risk losing control of the rudder. Fire chase cannons. Disable their starboard mast."

" It Will be done Commodore."

Commodore Bennet nodded and walked over to the starboard side of the ship and motioned over to the captain of the HMS Dragon, James Wellkorthy.

" James, fire chase cannons!" James nodded and began to yell commands at the crew of his ship.

The chase cannons on the Princess Annette fired, striking just below the captains cabin of the Queen's Bane, the ship that was being chased by the British patrol. The Dragon fired as well. This time, the Queen's Bane wasn't so lucky. The shot tore through the masts, disabling the ship. " Pull up beside her and prepare to board!" The Princess Annette crashed into the side of the Queen's Bane and fired a volley inside her. There was no need to board the ship as the cannonballs struck the Queen's Bane's powder magazine and the ship blew apart, throwing bits of wood everywhere.

The burning wreckage of Queen's Bane went down fast, leaving only bodies, chunks of wood, and a large black flag on the top of the water where the frigate once sailed.

" Congratulations Commodore, another Pirate ship sunk. At this rate, you'll have to be recognized by the Admiralty in some way. My, 3 ships in one week! Soon, the Carribean will be cleared!"

" Thank you Lieutenant. Now see to it that all of our men are fine. And set course back to Port Royal. I'm sure Princess Annette took some damage in that fight."

" Of course, sir."

Question: Why is Captain's last name the name of Russia's joke carrier?

Think I hit all your points b0ss. Tell me if there is something else wrong with it.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Can you define what exactly a "weapons officer" is? I'm chief of security, is why I'm asking.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:58 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Can you define what exactly a "weapons officer" is? I'm chief of security, is why I'm asking.

In charge of ship's weapons systems, as opposed to small arms carried by personnel.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:59 pm

House of Judah wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Can you define what exactly a "weapons officer" is? I'm chief of security, is why I'm asking.

In charge of ship's weapons systems, as opposed to small arms carried by personnel.

Ja

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:59 pm

House of Judah wrote:

Then wouldn't they have "Handling Artillery" as opposed to "Handling Firearms"? And why would they have control over the armory?

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

Think I hit all your points b0ss. Tell me if there is something else wrong with it.

I'm very sorry, but I think I'm going to have to deny you. The RP sample just isn't up to snuff... I really do apologize.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

I'm very sorry, but I think I'm going to have to deny you. The RP sample just isn't up to snuff... I really do apologize.

Got it. Thanks for the opportunity.

Tasmansland
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Tasmansland wrote:
B2S4 looked upon the ship that he had helped built. Today was going to be a turning point in his life - he would get to escape this flooded junkyard and ascend to the stars. His true purpose would be fufilled after eight hundred and thirty nine years of waiting.
In his memory banks, he remembered the sun. What the Earth was like before the dust, and before the first Arcs left. The Arcs that he was supposed to be on. He remembered trees, and cities, and new, shiny technology. Now all of that, like the planet itself, was in ruins. People now lived in shells of apartment buildings, or slums. Most of the planet was a desert. Many animals died out, and those that didn't twisted into something unrecognizable when he was created.
B2S4 glanced at the crew that he was about to live with for an indefinite period. Some looked decent, but most of them looked horrible. "We need them," the Captain said. "That doesn't mean we have to want them," B2 replied.
The Captain seemed a bit lazy and incompetent - she made B2S4 do all the hard work - but he had to admit he owed something to her. Without her, he would have probably been doomed for another eight hundred years, and maybe he would have withered away in the sands, his parts salvaged and being put together in other robots - B2 had seen a lot of bits and pieces of his own model in robots built after the Arcs left.
Over his eight hundred years of existence, B2 had travelled all around the world, but he had never liked any of it. Now, however, he had the whole universe to explore. The only thing B2 had to do now was live long enough to enjoy it.

Yeah, no, I don't think you can fit in this RP. I'm sorry.

Why?

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Tasmansland wrote:
Yeah, no, I don't think you can fit in this RP. I'm sorry.

Why?

You're a good RPer, and on the right track, it's just that you're not at the sort of level I would like for this RP. I apologize.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Tasmansland wrote:
Why?

You're a good RPer, and on the right track, it's just that you're not at the sort of level I would like for this RP. I apologize.

What do you mean?

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Tasmansland wrote:

What do you mean?

Your posts aren't long enough nor grammatically complex enough.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:56 pm

PONG Application

Name: Casper Joans
Appearance: Stands at 5'9", and weighs around 160 ibs. he's partially lanky but also seems to be in-shape and fit, from what one can tell. When on duty, he always appears worried or anxious. On duty, he wears long khaki pants along with a blue quarter sleeve sweater, which he wears underneath his uniform. Off duty, he simply wears casual wear, which can range from sweatpants and a tanktop to a pair of jeans and a short sleeved shirt.
Position on the Ship: Head Nurse/Medical Assistant
Skills: A quick learner, he absorbs a lot of the information he reads. He also has an excellent memory, making prescribing medications to whom and making sure nothing gets mixed up easy. He also appears to have a way of calming panicked patients and working fluidly in an event of high stress. He may appear to be worried or otherwise unsure, but he really does seem to have a natural gift for what he does, especially for someone as young as him. He also excels with mathematics, and can do many problems mentally.
Equipment:
  • A simple yet inclusive medical kit
  • A photo of his family
  • A tablet for quick reference to medical documents, as well as keeping track of general medical information on the crew
  • Has a small box full of organized and secured medicines like morphine and synthetic adrenaline
  • Keeps a drawer of painkillers and other over-the-counter medicines near his station, as well as a number of bottles in his room
  • Always carries a pair of latex gloves in his pocket for emergencies
Biography: From a young age, Casper had always dreamt of being a doctor. Living in the remains of a country that had once been known as France, he always made makeshift tools as his medical instruments, and play-performed different procedures on his friends that lived in his city. He had a younger brother, Nathaniel, and grew up under the roof of two parents. As the oldest child, much was expected from him. They always pushed him to apply for schools, try and get grants, and he did; but it still felt like it wasn't enough for his father. The man was never pleased with Casper's aspirations, always telling him that the dream of becoming a doctor was childish, impossible, and that he wouldn't get there. His mother thought the opposite. She convinced him that he was smart and that he could do whatever he want to, and that he shouldn't mind his father. Casper decided to listen to her instead.

With a lot of studying as he became age, as well as many nights spent staying up reviewing material, he was ready for the entrance exam for college. At the time he felt worried and anxious for it, but when the results came back...he'd passed with flying colors. He signed up for all the medical and mathematics classes he could get, and set on the path to becoming a doctor. It was much harder than he expected it to be, and after a few months, he found himself struggling to maintain even a C in his main classes. He began dropping his least important classes, and began focusing on the ones that would set him forth on the path he'd worked so hard to get on. Exams came and passed, and his scores, becoming highest in the class, improved. He only realized that he was incredibly tired and stressed out by all the studying and the tests...and he decided to drop out at the beginning of his third year. While it wasn't enough to make him a fully licensed doctor, it was enough to let him pursue many different medical jobs. He decided to go with the practice of being a nurse, which his father called shameful. His mother, on the other hand, praised him for it. After a few months working in one of the local hospitals, becoming known for his "magic hands," he was approached by Ana to become a member of her crew on Navi's Gate. At first he was unsure, knowing that leaving behind his life and his family didn't sound the best, Ana reassured him that he could make sure with them first, but that this was something he shouldn't want to miss out on. There was nothing to look forward on Earth, not anymore. Was it really such a bad idea to start looking to the stars? After a few days of thought and decision, Casper decided that he wanted to embark upon the celestial skies with her crew, and after a tearful parting with his family, he was off to start a new adventure.
Personality: A kind and friendly individual, Casper is known to be a people pleaser. He always seems to be timid when it comes to confronting people, and he also appears to get incredibly nervous when others get a little too close to him physically. When nervous or otherwise stressed, he seems to develop a stutter, and pointing it out usually just worsens it. He tries his best to serve the needs of everyone, as well as doing his best to impress those of a higher position than him. He can be very expressive, and more often than not, he tries to hide how he really feels to others. He seems to always want to appear happy and calm to others, even if his worry and stress usually seeps through this appearance.
Theme Song: SooN?
RP Sample: Bruh

PONG Application

Name: Hazel Conwell
Appearance: She has a light, vibrant-yet-strawberrylike red color to her hair, and she has blue, almost purple eyes. She stands at 5'6", and she weighs about 124 ibs. When on duty, she wears a light blue jumper that she more often than not keeps tied halfway around her waist, along with a white tanktop and her hair tied back. When she's not working, she simply wears casual wear. She has a tattoo on her lower back, which is simply a black inked pair of roses that intertwine to make a heart. It may sound complex, but it's very small (about 3 inches in width.)
Position on the Ship: Head Engineer
Skills: Much like her husband, Hazel has always had a talent for anything in the realm of engineering. She always had an interest in what made machines tick, and what existed behind the paneling of each one. Unlike her other half, though, Hazel has always had a knack for the software side of things. She's an incredibly fast reader, as well as analyzer, so she's always been excellent in the practice of working through code and figuring out software problems. She also, however, has always had a talent for fixing machines. She's also somewhat skilled in hand-to-hand combat, thanks to her father. Even then...she still knows how to use a weapon, were she ever to need to.
Equipment:
  • A toolbox to keep all of her equipment organized and safe from damage
  • A universal wrench to fit all nuts and bolts
  • A scewdriver with an adjustable tip
  • A package of metallic plates and panels for emergent repairs
  • A tablet to keep the blueprints of the ship as well as a number of manuals straight
  • A roll of duct tape
  • A hammer
Biography: When Hazel was growing up, she lived on the outskirts of New Londinium, that of which seemed to be a little bit more financially stable than the rest of the city. As a child, she was taught the ideal way to act as a lady, her main point to find a husband and bring wealth to the family...but her father felt differently. He introduced her to her first machines, once noticing how she would envy things like the sink and various clocks, and that was where her career as an engineering prodigy began. As she got older, her father explained to her that the world was a dangerous place, especially after the last spaceships left, and that it was important for her to learn how to defend herself. As she grew older, though, her attention began to drift away from her combat and more towards her machines. It wasn't hard for him to tell that she was more interested in that than she was in being a "proper lady," and decided it would be best that, at that time, she try and apply to the college. She became ecstatic about the idea, no matter how much it displeased her family.

She passed the entrance exam with ease. From there, she began excelling in all of her classes, a natural at mathematics and physics...and that was where she met Orion. At first, she was a little off-put by him, and even found herself challenged and annoyed by his skills and presence, but after butting heads with him for a while, she realized that she actually liked him quite a bit. He asked her out, she said yes, and it didn't take long for them to decide that they wanted to marry each other. While her family was displeased that she was marrying someone that wasn't rich, they were glad that she was atleast getting married, and she seemed very happy, too. Her father was the most excited for her. A few months after the wedding, she and Orion were approached by Ana, that of whom asked for their help in constructing and maintaining Navi's Gate. Accepting the challenge, the two helped to engineer and make the ship unlike any other...or, atleast, did their best to ensure that the ship could survive space travel. Now, she voyages into the great depths with the rest of the crew, and she couldn't be happier.
Personality: Hazel is a very focused, calm, kind-hearted person. She does her best to be kind and open-minded with everyone, and finds herself on the more extroverted side of things. She has no problem socializing with strangers, and she's always happy to put a smile on people's faces. She doesn't seem quick to anger, even if she does occasionally nag her husband about simple things. Most of her insults and otherwise unusual comments are simply for humor purposes, unless she's truly angered. At times, she even seems to have a child-like sense of humor, though she does try to be calm and sociable most of the time.
Theme Song: Eventually UuU
RP Sample: Bruhhh
Last edited by Castle Crashers on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:53 am

PONG Application

Name: Alastair Haywood
Appearance: 5' 8" and 165 pounds. Left eye is bionic after a scavenging accident
Position on the Ship: Scout/Combat Medic
Skills:
  • Sniper: Alastair is a skill marksman, capable of reliably hitting small moving targets with ease.
  • Brawler: Alastair is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, though his training is centered around incapacitating an opponent quickly and without warning, rather than sustained fights with multiple opponents.
  • Stealth: Alastair has trained himself to move unseen and counter security measures, and as such has little trouble entering and exiting secure locations.
  • Silver-Tongue: Infiltration doesn't always involve skulking in the shadows or assassinating this who oppose you. Sometimes all you need is a believable lie and a winning smile. Likewise, Alastair is a skilled liar, capable of negotiating his way into better deals or out of sticky situations.
  • Mobile: As a scout, speed and efficiency is the key. Alastair is trained in parkour and other movement abilities, capable of traversing difficult terrain with relative ease.
  • Triage: Alastair is a skilled medic, capable of stabilizing injuries that may occur while traversing a new environment or an active war zone.
  • Xenobiologist: Most call him crazy, but he knows there's life beside that of Earth's. He is well-versed in what data and samples he could stumble across, though is unsure of how much is speculation and how much is science.
Equipment:
  • Custom Sniper Rifle: A sniper rifle capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds. Scope is capable of switching between thermal, night vision, and normal vision. A suppressor can be attached for missions that require it.
  • Custom Carbine: A carbine capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds.
  • Custom Pistol: A pistol capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds. Heavily modified to be both concealable, silent, and have a high stopping power at the cost of a small magazine and short range.
  • Survival Knife: A simple survival knife, tested by the rigors of the wastelands. Has sentimental value.
  • Spot: An advanced recon drone, Spot is capable of running multiple environmental scans and recording and relaying the data back to the ship or to a specific receiver. It can translate languages and decipher text, as well as identify flora and fauna. Spot can be controlled by Alastair, or set to collect data automatically. Spot is also capable of acting as a spotter when Alastair is sniping.
  • Hostile Environment Response Armaments: Between hostile environments, mutated creatures and barbaric raiders, Nomads needed something to help give them a fighting chance. Something light weight, easy to wield, and capable of dealing with unplanned threats. Thus, the HERA line of tools were born. Manufactured from recovered tech and a little ingenuity, HERA weapons are capable of delivering specific payloads to counter hazards a scavenger may encounter. Such payloads include corrosive, cryo, incendiary, EMP, containment foam, smoke, frictionless gel and shock varieties. These arms can either be loaded into custom weapons, thrown from grenades, or applied as a gel.

The price one pays for the large arsenal at your disposal is power. VAT rounds have significantly less range, stopping power, and penetration then their more traditional counter parts. Additionally, because each round must be custom made, Alastair only brings a few on missions unless he's sure he'll use it. Finally, certain arms are only available in grenade form instead of ammunition form, lowering the range to that of a throw.
  • Biotic Ammo: A specific HERA round of Alastair's own design, capable of temporarily granting a massive increase in the target's healing factor. Useful for closing wounds, setting bones, and otherwise stabilizing agents in the field.

This quick and dirty approach to medicine is not a replacement for a doctor. Bullets and shrapnel is often left inside the body, and bones could be set incorrectly. As such, while the ammo can keep allies alive long enough to reach the medbay, they will still require a visit with a medical professional.
  • Stim Ammo: A specific HERA round of Alastair's own design, capable of "stimming" a target. This increasing their strength, speed, agility, endurance, and reaction rate temporarily (between 10-30 minutes). Severe psychological and physical side effects may occur if used multiple times in rapid succession (more than once every six hours).
  • Toxin Scrubbers: Nanobots that, upon injection, are capable of rapidly eliminating toxins in a target. Used to neutralize poisons and venoms. Due to their delicate nature, must be administered via an injector rather than a HERA round. Currently enough to administer up to three people a day before needing to be recollected and cleaned.
  • Cloak of Invisibility: A cloak capable rendering the wearer invisible to scanning devices on Earth. It can bend visible light, dissipate heat, and even fool motion detectors if the wearer moves slow enough. This device is incredibly rare, and such will likely never be worn in situation that put it in danger.
  • Containment Cubes: Airtight, expanding cubes capable of holding samples from a planet's surface.
  • Hostile Environment Suit: Suit capable of keeping out hostile environments, even after being shot. It's airtight, regulates it's own temperature and oxygen, and is resistant to extreme temperatures, pressures, and pH's. The suit is bullet, EMP, and knife resistant, though enough damage will pierce the suit. The suit is also equipped with various other odds and ends that may help it perform it's function as a scout's suit, such as a tracking device, jump jets, and a com link.
  • Grapple Gauntlets: Gauntlets capable of firing grapples that can pierce metal, allowing Alastair an advanced means of travel. The gauntlets can automatically reel itself, and can conduct electricity if needed.
  • Magnet/Weight Boots: Exactly what it says on the tin. Boots capable of clinging to metallic surfaces, or weighing one down to anchor them in place.
Biography: Love of science, but calling for adventure. Doesn't become doctor, instead medic for Nomads, people who scavenge the areas outside of the cities for materials and tech. Learns abilities here. Gains Equip here. Eventually, a hard fought victory resulted in not a rare weapon or power source, but a flower. Alastair takes flower to Spot, Spot doesn't recognize it as an earthly species. Sparks love of xenobiology.

Recruited for his insistence of alien life, as well as being the soul expert on.
Personality: (How do you act? Also just add the whole likes/dislike shit here.)
Theme Song: IDK yet. Maybe I'll think of something.
RP Sample: once upon a time there was a ninja named Steve. He was so cool and popular and everyone loved him, even Tina from fifth period. He would never lose any fights, and his only flaws were that he was too handsome and good at being a ninja that his friends were all jealous and totally didn't think he was a nerd. One day he fought daniel who was a big smelly jerk noone liked, who tried to bully people for no reason except cause he was a meanie. daniel said "i'm going to beat you up Steve" and tried to hit steve in the face. but Steve was a ninja so he did a super cool ninja flip that everyone agreed was the coolest thing ever, even cooler than chris's dumb skateboard. Steve pulled out his sword and cut off daniel's arms. Daniel cried like a baby and said "please don't kill me" and peed himself. Everyone laughed at him for being so stupid as to fight steve. Then steve threw daniel's arms into a volcano, and daniel learned to never be a big fat bully. Then the whole town thought steve was the coolest and tina and him held hands and even kissed.

a long time later like 2 weeks or so steve broke up with tina and totally no the other way around. she couldn't handle how manly he was or how all the babes wanted to hold his hand and stuff. steve didn't care though and instead trained harder to become the ultimate ninja warrior of all time learning a gajillion ways to kill a man with his hands. all the babes thought he was the coolest and would fight to be with him. one day he became so strong the god of kung fu attacked steve because he was totally scared steve would replace him with his super cool ninja flips. the god of kung fu said "Im going to fight you steve" and steve said "not if i fight you first' and punched the god so hard that his head exploded. then the god of kung fu bowed to him and steve was the best and that any woman would be lucky to date him and then steve held hands with all the babes the end.
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 am

Doughertania wrote:
PONG Application

Name: Alastair Haywood
Appearance: 5' 8" and 165 pounds. Left eye is bionic after a scavenging accident
Position on the Ship: Scout/Combat Medic
Skills:
  • Sniper: Alastair is a skill marksman, capable of reliably hitting small moving targets with ease.
  • Brawler: Alastair is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, though his training is centered around incapacitating an opponent quickly and without warning, rather than sustained fights with multiple opponents.
  • Stealth: Alastair has trained himself to move unseen and counter security measures, and as such has little trouble entering and exiting secure locations.
  • Silver-Tongue: Infiltration doesn't always involve skulking in the shadows or assassinating this who oppose you. Sometimes all you need is a believable lie and a winning smile. Likewise, Alastair is a skilled liar, capable of negotiating his way into better deals or out of sticky situations.
  • Mobile: As a scout, speed and efficiency is the key. Alastair is trained in parkour and other movement abilities, capable of traversing difficult terrain with relative ease.
  • Triage: Alastair is a skilled medic, capable of stabilizing injuries that may occur while traversing a new environment or an active war zone.
  • Xenobiologist: Most call him crazy, but he knows there's life beside that of Earth's. He is well-versed in what data and samples he could stumble across, though is unsure of how much is speculation and how much is science.
Equipment:
  • Custom Sniper Rifle: A sniper rifle capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds. Scope is capable of switching between thermal, night vision, and normal vision. A suppressor can be attached for missions that require it.
  • Custom Carbine: A carbine capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds.
  • Custom Pistol: A pistol capable of firing both standard and HERA rounds. Heavily modified to be both concealable, silent, and have a high stopping power at the cost of a small magazine and short range.
  • Survival Knife: A simple survival knife, tested by the rigors of the wastelands. Has sentimental value.
  • Spot: An advanced recon drone, Spot is capable of running multiple environmental scans and recording and relaying the data back to the ship or to a specific receiver. It can translate languages and decipher text, as well as identify flora and fauna. Spot can be controlled by Alastair, or set to collect data automatically. Spot is also capable of acting as a spotter when Alastair is sniping.
  • Hostile Environment Response Armaments: Between hostile environments, mutated creatures and barbaric raiders, Nomads needed something to help give them a fighting chance. Something light weight, easy to wield, and capable of dealing with unplanned threats. Thus, the HERA line of tools were born. Manufactured from recovered tech and a little ingenuity, HERA weapons are capable of delivering specific payloads to counter hazards a scavenger may encounter. Such payloads include corrosive, cryo, incendiary, EMP, containment foam, smoke, frictionless gel and shock varieties. These arms can either be loaded into custom weapons, thrown from grenades, or applied as a gel.

The price one pays for the large arsenal at your disposal is power. VAT rounds have significantly less range, stopping power, and penetration then their more traditional counter parts. Additionally, because each round must be custom made, Alastair only brings a few on missions unless he's sure he'll use it. Finally, certain arms are only available in grenade form instead of ammunition form, lowering the range to that of a throw.
  • Biotic Ammo: A specific HERA round of Alastair's own design, capable of temporarily granting a massive increase in the target's healing factor. Useful for closing wounds, setting bones, and otherwise stabilizing agents in the field.

This quick and dirty approach to medicine is not a replacement for a doctor. Bullets and shrapnel is often left inside the body, and bones could be set incorrectly. As such, while the ammo can keep allies alive long enough to reach the medbay, they will still require a visit with a medical professional.
  • Stim Ammo: A specific HERA round of Alastair's own design, capable of "stimming" a target. This increasing their strength, speed, agility, endurance, and reaction rate temporarily (between 10-30 minutes). Severe psychological and physical side effects may occur if used multiple times in rapid succession (more than once every six hours).
  • Toxin Scrubbers: Nanobots that, upon injection, are capable of rapidly eliminating toxins in a target. Used to neutralize poisons and venoms. Due to their delicate nature, must be administered via an injector rather than a HERA round. Currently enough to administer up to three people a day before needing to be recollected and cleaned.
  • Cloak of Invisibility: A cloak capable rendering the wearer invisible to scanning devices on Earth. It can bend visible light, dissipate heat, and even fool motion detectors if the wearer moves slow enough. This device is incredibly rare, and such will likely never be worn in situation that put it in danger.
  • Containment Cubes: Airtight, expanding cubes capable of holding samples from a planet's surface.
  • Hostile Environment Suit: Suit capable of keeping out hostile environments, even after being shot. It's airtight, regulates it's own temperature and oxygen, and is resistant to extreme temperatures, pressures, and pH's. The suit is bullet, EMP, and knife resistant, though enough damage will pierce the suit. The suit is also equipped with various other odds and ends that may help it perform it's function as a scout's suit, such as a tracking device, jump jets, and a com link.
  • Grapple Gauntlets: Gauntlets capable of firing grapples that can pierce metal, allowing Alastair an advanced means of travel. The gauntlets can automatically reel itself, and can conduct electricity if needed.
  • Magnet/Weight Boots: Exactly what it says on the tin. Boots capable of clinging to metallic surfaces, or weighing one down to anchor them in place.
Biography: Love of science, but calling for adventure. Doesn't become doctor, instead medic for Nomads, people who scavenge the areas outside of the cities for materials and tech. Learns abilities here. Gains Equip here. Eventually, a hard fought victory resulted in not a rare weapon or power source, but a flower. Alastair takes flower to Spot, Spot doesn't recognize it as an earthly species. Sparks love of xenobiology.

Recruited for his insistence of alien life, as well as being the soul expert on.
Personality: (How do you act? Also just add the whole likes/dislike shit here.)
Theme Song: IDK yet. Maybe I'll think of something.
RP Sample: once upon a time there was a ninja named Steve. He was so cool and popular and everyone loved him, even Tina from fifth period. He would never lose any fights, and his only flaws were that he was too handsome and good at being a ninja that his friends were all jealous and totally didn't think he was a nerd. One day he fought daniel who was a big smelly jerk noone liked, who tried to bully people for no reason except cause he was a meanie. daniel said "i'm going to beat you up Steve" and tried to hit steve in the face. but Steve was a ninja so he did a super cool ninja flip that everyone agreed was the coolest thing ever, even cooler than chris's dumb skateboard. Steve pulled out his sword and cut off daniel's arms. Daniel cried like a baby and said "please don't kill me" and peed himself. Everyone laughed at him for being so stupid as to fight steve. Then steve threw daniel's arms into a volcano, and daniel learned to never be a big fat bully. Then the whole town thought steve was the coolest and tina and him held hands and even kissed.

a long time later like 2 weeks or so steve broke up with tina and totally no the other way around. she couldn't handle how manly he was or how all the babes wanted to hold his hand and stuff. steve didn't care though and instead trained harder to become the ultimate ninja warrior of all time learning a gajillion ways to kill a man with his hands. all the babes thought he was the coolest and would fight to be with him. one day he became so strong the god of kung fu attacked steve because he was totally scared steve would replace him with his super cool ninja flips. the god of kung fu said "Im going to fight you steve" and steve said "not if i fight you first' and punched the god so hard that his head exploded. then the god of kung fu bowed to him and steve was the best and that any woman would be lucky to date him and then steve held hands with all the babes the end.

Why do you make the most entertaining fake RP samples?

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:35 am

Tasmansland wrote:
What do you mean?

What do you mean grammatically complex? And why aren't they long enough? I did the standard two paragraphs that you asked for in an RP sample.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 am

Oh, and a question, how should I add the weapons that my character has? I mean, in terms of names, should I just invent some?

I highly doubt that Kalashnikov still makes rifles in this timeline :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:05 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Oh, and a question, how should I add the weapons that my character has? I mean, in terms of names, should I just invent some?

I made a gun corp named Celvas that you can use if you want, but yeah basically.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Oh, and a question, how should I add the weapons that my character has? I mean, in terms of names, should I just invent some?

I made a gun corp named Celvas that you can use if you want, but yeah basically.

Hmm..

Then I'll probably use that an an imaginary Petrograd Weapons Systems/Petrogradskiye Oruzheynyye Sistemy-POS
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:17 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I made a gun corp named Celvas that you can use if you want, but yeah basically.

Hmm..

Then I'll probably use that an an imaginary Petrograd Weapons Systems/Petrogradskiye Oruzheynyye Sistemy-POS

Is that Russian? Because Free may not allow that. He has a thing for Russia already.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Hmm..

Is that Russian? Because Free may not allow that. He has a thing for Russia already.

He told me that a Novyy Petrograd could exist, that's where my character is coming from. And having a weapons manufacturer there could explain my character's affinity to their weapons.

But POS could be affiliated with or a company of Kutznesov Incorporated

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Is that Russian? Because Free may not allow that. He has a thing for Russia already.

He told me that a Novyy Petrograd could exist, that's where my character is coming from. And having a weapons manufacturer there could explain my character's affinity to their weapons.

Ok, just making sure you don't piss off the big boss man.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:54 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:He told me that a Novyy Petrograd could exist, that's where my character is coming from. And having a weapons manufacturer there could explain my character's affinity to their weapons.

Ok, just making sure you don't piss off the big boss man.

Of course, I'll wait for him to say something before actually using that idea :P

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:57 am

Tasmansland wrote:

What do you mean grammatically complex? And why aren't they long enough? I did the standard two paragraphs that you asked for in an RP sample.

Sorry, I think I'll put a little of my own opinion in here. To me, it really only looked like one paragraph, so if it was, then you need to space it out so we can tell it's two paragraphs. I also would suggest being a bit more descriptive with what you say, what you're talking about, etc., and when using dialect with your own characters, make sure we can clearly indicate who is saying what. He means gramatically complex because it seemed like you weren't using enough punctuation, or atleast correct punctuation (like commas and semi-colons), in your sentences. The interaction between your character and Ana just kind of seemed a bit jumbled and made it hard to follow. Try fixing your paragraphs, and then I think Free should re-evaluate. :)
Last edited by Castle Crashers on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:03 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Ok, just making sure you don't piss off the big boss man.

Of course, I'll wait for him to say something before actually using that idea :P

I'd like POS to be a branch of KI that is legally required to distribute Kuznetsov designs but is allowed to develop and sell their own designs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse