NATION

PASSWORD

Whispers of War [OOC, OPEN/SIGNUPS]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Whispers of War [OOC, OPEN/SIGNUPS]

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Kretzbühlen Mountains, Östreik, 22nd July, 1810

The cold morning sun glared with fierce intensity off the sharp, snow-capped peaks of Östreik's formidable mountain range, casting dappled shadows which danced across the harsh beauty of the landscape like waves in a gentle breeze. Below, great forests of pine stretched for miles, dark emerald monoliths swaying back and forth, growing sparser as they climbed the rocky slopes until a few hardy specimens stood in solitude close to the summit. A thin scar wound its way across the idyllic scene, the narrow bends and slopes of a well-travelled roadway weaving their way past jutting cliffs and over trickling streams of melted snow that flowed through natural channels down to the valley below.

Racing along the mountain pass, a black landau rattled as its wheels struck the small bumps and stones that marred the road's surface, a team of six horses towing the carriage onward without the slightest hesitation, droplets of sweat glistening in the sunlight on their groomed hides. In spite of the awe-inspiring views, the landau's windows remained firmly shut, curtains drawn tightly across, leaving not even the tiniest of chinks for the outside world to penetrate. Inside, past the sheets of dark velvet, four figures set a solemn scene. Kaiser Franz von Augustenburg, the ruler of Östreik, slowly clenched and unclenched his fists, blinking back a single tear, his infant son Prinz Leopold burying his face in the man's thick coat, averting his eyes from the other two occupants. The Kaiser's wife, Alexandra, lay sprawled across a stretcher that had been crammed into the interior of the vehicle, her delicate features pale and trembling, the silence punctuated by an occasional sickly groan as a white-aproned doctor pressed a damp cloth against her fevered head. She had taken ill only days ago, yet at the rate she had deteriorated, she would surely die if the carriage did not make it to Kremstadt before the day was out. The sharp crack of a whip sounded outside as the driver spurred his horses on as if on cue, taking another series of sharp corners at breakneck speed.

Suddenly, the horses reared and drew to an abrupt halt, the landau skidding for a short distance before it came to rest. Furious, the Kaiser uttered a short barrage of vulgarities before hurling open the carriage door and leaping down onto the stone road surface. "Driver, what is the meaning of this?!" he bellowed, marching around to the front of the vehicle. He stopped, swearing again, when he saw the cause of the delay. A rockfall had blocked the road, a wall of huge grey boulders resting in their path, impassable except on foot. Franz strode over, beckoning the driver to follow, and began to strain against one of the heavy rocks, sliding it inch by inch towards the cliff edge that plunged down to the forests below.

Watching from the shadows, the orchestrator of the rockfall could not help but smile as her plan fell perfectly into place. This shadowy figure was none other than the infamous Orlesian assassin known only as La Panthère, and she had accepted a contract to murder the Kaiser of Östreik and his family. She did not know where the contract came from, but for the amount of money that she was offered, she could hardly say no. Silently, she approached the vulnerable carriage, careful not to make a single sound and keeping her eye on the Kaiser as she neared her targets. Hugging the sides of the black carriage whilst remaining out of view, she made her way around to the side facing towards the cliff and knocked on the carriage door. As expected, the door opened and the doctor stepped out. When the doctor turned to see that both the Kaiser and the driver where still attempting to shift the boulders that blocked their path, La Panthère struck, covering his mouth, slitting his throat with her dagger, and dragging his corpse behind the carriage. Checking that her cover had not been blown, the assassin continued with her mission and entered the carriage with the Kaiser’s petrified heir and the boy's gravely ill mother, quietly closing the door behind her. With her dagger in hand, she did what she had to do.

Her mission almost complete, La Panthère carefully stepped out of the landau to face the Kaiser, still furiously attempting to clear the road with his driver. Taking out a pre-loaded double-barrel pistol, the assassin took aim at the carriage driver. Slamming the carriage door closed to get their attention, she pulled the first trigger the second their eyes met. The thunderous sound of the shot echoed through the mountains, causing nesting birds to flee their treetop homes. The last thing that unfortunate man would see was a strange hooded woman, followed by a flash, and then darkness. He died the instant the bullet hit right between his eyes, collapsing onto the ground next to the disoriented Kaiser of Östreik. La Panthère immediately switched her aim towards the Kaiser, her main target, with her finger resting on the pistol’s second trigger. She slowly approached the man, who, upon seeing the woman’s blood-soaked dagger and realising what had happened, fell to the ground, kneeling.

“Someone paid me a considerable amount of money to have you killed and your family killed, Estrichien,” the assassin began, her thick Orlesian accent readily apparent to the Kaiser. “It is such a shame that I had to kill your doctor and driver. They were not my original targets, but alas, no witnesses. I’m going to pull this trigger in a moment, and after that I will throw your body over that cliff. I don’t suppose you have any last words to say before I send you to meet with your Almighty God?”

Franz glared fiercely at the Orlesian. "I am the Kaiser! I will not die to some frog whore!" he spat, rage-filled eyes still fixed resolutely on the assassin. Suddenly, he leapt up, hand reaching into the dead driver's coat as he rose to bring out a worn, stubby coach gun, raising the weapon towards his would-be killer. As his finger began to tighten on the trigger, he quickly found himself in the same situation as his carriage driver; lying dead on the ground, with blood gushing from the centre of his face. The assassin could not contain her laughter. “Did you really think that would work, Estrichien?! Stupid southerners, they always have to take the fun out of a kill...” La Panthère immediately set about looting the Kaiser’s corpse, taking the many medals that adorned his uniform as proof of her successful mission and as trophies, before she rolled his corpse over the edge of the cliff. She did the same to the other corpses, looting them of any valuables before they too joined the Kaiser. With the corpses disposed of, she unharnessed the horses from the carriage and allowed all but one to roam freely, taking the last horse for herself. Her mission complete, she rode off to meet with the agent who offered her the contract, leaving naught behind but an empty carriage and a few bloodstains.

Intro post co-written with Grande Orlais.

Code: Select all
[u][b]APPLICATION:[/b][/u]
[b]National Information[/b]
[i]Name of Nation:[/i]
[i]Name of Leader(s):[/i]
[i]Short Biography of Leader(s) [/i]
[i]Placement on [url=http://i.imgur.com/62ZjnmJ.png?1]Map[/url]:[/i]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

Code: Select all
[u]Main Stats[/u]

[i]Nation Size:[/i]
 [i]Population: [/i]
 [i]Industrialisation:[/i]
 [i]Education:[/i]
 [i]Wealth:[/i]

[u]Military Stats[/u]

[i]Military Size:[/i]
[i]Training:[/i]
[i]Equipment:[/i]
[i]Morale:[/i]

An Explanation of the Starting Stats System:
You start with 30 points. You may freely allocate these to Main or Military stats in any way you see fit. Choosing above-average stats in any given category will cost points, choosing below-average will grant you more points to spend on other categories. Your total points after picking stats must be zero or higher - you are not obligated to spend all of your points if you do not wish to. The full list of stat options is given below:

Stat List:

Starting Stat Points: 30

Main Stats:

Nation Size (Land area controlled by your nation):

• Glorious Empire:
    You control a vast territory of 1-10 million km^2. (-10 points)

• Colossal Kingdom:
    Your lands encompass a large area of 250,000 - 1 million km^2. (-5 points)

• Respectable Holdings:
    You own a fairly sizeable country of 50,000 - 250,000km^2. (0 points)

• Tiny Territory:
    You own a small nation of 10,000 - 50,000km^2. (+5 points)

• Miniscule Microstate:
    You control a city; two at most, and maybe a tiny bit of the surrounding land. (+10 points)

Population (Number of people in your nation):

• Teeming Masses:
    An incredibly populous nation of 50-100 million inhabitants. (-10 points)

• Clamouring Crowds:
    A heavily populated country with 25-50 million people. (-5 points)

• Substantial Citizenry:
    A reasonably lived-in nation of 10-25 million denizens. (0 points)

• Infrequent Inhabitants:
    A smaller society of 1-10 million citizens. (+5 points)

• Sparse Souls:
    A barely inhabited land with less than 1 million residents. (+10 points)

Industrialisation (Production capability of your nation):

• Perpetual Production Line:
    Your nation is filled with vast factory complexes, capable of producing whatever goods you may need in abundance. (-10 points)

• Efficient Engineers:
    Your nation is well served with effective factories and manufacturing plants, conducting the bulk of your production. (-5 points)

• Capable Craftsmen:
    Your nation has some factories, but you make equal use of pre-industrial methods to fulfil your needs. (0 points)

• Satisfactory Smiths:
    Your country is predominantly dependent upon antiquated, slow methods of manufacturing goods by hand. (+5 points)

• Agrarian Society:
    Your country has wholeheartedly rejected the Industrial Revolution, and is entirely reliant on the old ways. (+10 points)

Education (Scientific and technological advancement of your nation):

• Science for the Science God:
    Your people are naturally gifted; genius inventors and innovators are in abundance. (-10 points)

• Brilliant Scholars:
    You have a rich history of technological prowess, and your populace are determined to continue it. (-5 points)

• Proficient Students:
    Your people can grasp new concepts relatively quickly, and some are sufficiently smart to make discoveries of their own. (0 points)

• Mentally Challenged:
    Your citizens aren't the sharpest tools in the shed; it takes them a little longer to get their head around complex matters. (+5 points)

• Filthy Primitives:
    Most of your people can't even read or write, let alone grasp the intricacies of science. (+10 points)

Wealth (How much money your nation has):

• Overflowing Coffers:
    Money is no object - your nation has more than it could ever possibly spend. (-10 points)

• Well-Stocked Treasury:
    Yours is a wealthy nation, with more than enough coin to invest in most things with very little risk of running out. (-5 points)

• Comfortably Well-Off:
    Your country has sufficient funds to keep everything running smoothly, and everyone reasonably content. (0 points)

• Strapped for Cash:
    Your country's finances are deteriorating, and remaining solvent is a struggle. Spending more would be unwise. (+5 points)

• Penniless Peasants:
    Your land is utterly bankrupt, without a coin in sight; your populace are underfed and your institutions are underfunded. (+10 points)

Military Stats:

Levels of some stats may be unattainable dependent on your previous allocation of stat points.

Military Size (Number of soldiers in your nation's military):

• Colossal Horde:
    A huge force of 250,000 - 500,000 troops. (-10 points) (Cannot choose if Population = Sparse Souls or Infrequent Inhabitants)

• Formidable Legions:
    A large army of 100,000 - 250,000 combatants. (-5 points) (Cannot choose if Population = Sparse Souls)

• Field Army:
    A sizeable army of 50,000 - 100,000 soldiers. (0 points)

• Battle Brigade:
    A small force numbering 10,000 - 50,000 fighters. (+5 points)

• Armed Company:
    A tiny militia of 100 - 10,000 troops. (+10 points)

Training (Amount and effectiveness of your soldiers' training):

• Elite Guards:
    The best of the best; every soldier has been pushed to the limits of human ability and beyond. (-10 points) (Cannot choose if Education = Filthy Primitives)

• Stalwart Soldiers:
    Your soldiers have undergone a rigorous and gruelling training programme designed to produce skilled warriors. (-5 points)

• Professional Army:
    Your troops are disciplined and trained to proficiency in combat. (0 points)

• Substandard Militia:
    These fighters have had minimal training, and are outclassed by most proper soldiers. (+5 points)

• Untrained Conscripts:
    These poor souls have had no training whatsoever; some have never even held a musket before. (+10 points)

Equipment (Technological advancement of your military equipment):

• Cutting-Edge Kit:
    Whenever there is an advance in military technology, your forces are among the very first to put it to use - usually with devastating effect. (-10 points) (Cannot choose if Education = Filthy Primitives, Wealth = Penniless Peasants, or Industrialisation = Agrarian Society)

• Modern Munitions:
    Your troops carry effective and fairly advanced equipment, superior to most other armies. (-5 points) (Cannot choose if Education = Filthy Primitives)

• Modest Materiel:
    Your army is uniformly equipped with adequate and not overly outdated arms. (0 points)

• Antiquated Armaments:
    Your troops are equipped with military-grade weaponry. A shame it's from last century's militaries. (+5 points)

• Pointy Sticks:
    Ok, not quite *that* bad, but your soldiers are armed with whatever farm tools or old hunting guns they can bring from home. (+10 points)

Morale (Willingness of your troops to fight to the death):

• Unwavering Fanatics:
    Unless ordered to withdraw, these troops will fight hard to the very last man. (-10 points)

• Valiant Fighters:
    Your soldiers will hold firm and maintain their discipline against highly unfavourable odds. (-5 points)

• Confident Combatants:
    Your army will keep on fighting under heavy fire, until their losses get too high. (0 points)

• Ravenstarvers:
    These troops prefer to retreat rather than face a superior foe. (+5 points)

• Cowardly Deserters:
    Your 'soldiers' will find any excuse to flee the field of battle. (+10 points)

• When you apply please include both the Application and your Stats in your post.
  • Yes, this is fiction with no connection to the real world in terms of plot.
  • There are minor fantasy elements, but magic is not allowed to be used by anybody. Small fantasy creatures are allowed if they're balanced. Everyone has to be human as well.
  • The tech level of this RP is roughly analogous to the Napoleonic Era.
  • Your starting stats are not just for show, they are for balance; stick to them.
  • OP and Co-OPs are the bosses with ultimate, unlimited powerrrrrr.
  • Minor technological progress during the course of the RP is allowed, but only minor.
  • Don't copy other nations. Uniqueness is good.
  • CTE nations are fair game for invasion.

Last edited by Kronitz-Durenberg on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Puppet of Kragholm Free States, formerly New Aerios
me no use ns stats

Zaurell
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zaurell » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 pm

APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Glorious Empire of Chaegon
Name of Leader(s): Emperor Guglielmo Benedetto Salvatore Giotto Gimondi
Short Biography of Leader(s) : As the youngest of four sons in line for the throne of the Duchy of Chaegon, Guglielmo was never expected to inherit his father's title. While two of his brothers were groomed for the throne (the second just in case) and the third took up a career in the Duchy's military, Guglielmo was entrusted to the tutorship of a warrior monk named Ademaro Dioli and largely forgotten. This proved to be a grievous error as he came to envy his eldest brother's birthright and purpose. While he paid attention to his studies and played the part of the dutiful son, in his free time, he studied the techniques of ruling and military strategy, earned Ademaro's loyalty and plotted to dispose of his brothers and take the throne. When his father died of liver failure from heavy drinking, he moved quickly and sent Ademaro to dispose of his brothers before they learned of the monk's true nature. (In my first post, I will write this along with Guglielmo proclaiming himself Emperor along with hearing of the deaths of the Ostreik royal family)
Placement on Map: Already on the map.
RP Sample: I've been with you through the Caspian RPs, Storm of Steel and even the RP that we do not speak of.

Main Stats

Nation Size: Miniscule Microstate: You control a city; two at most, and maybe a tiny bit of the surrounding land. (+10 points)
Population: Infrequent Inhabitants: A smaller society of 1-10 million citizens. (+5 points)
Industrialisation: Perpetual Production Line: Your nation is filled with vast factory complexes, capable of producing whatever goods you may need in abundance. (-10 points)
Education: Science for the Science God: Your people are naturally gifted; genius inventors and innovators are in abundance. (-10 points)
Wealth: Strapped for Cash: Your country's finances are deteriorating, and remaining solvent is a struggle. Spending more would be unwise. (+5 points)

Military Stats

Military Size: Field Army: A sizeable army of 50,000 - 100,000 soldiers. (0 points)
Training: Elite Guards: The best of the best; every soldier has been pushed to the limits of human ability and beyond. (-10 points)
Equipment: Cutting-Edge Kit: Whenever there is an advance in military technology, your forces are among the first to put it to use - usually with devastating effect. (-10 points)
Morale: Unwavering Fanatics: Unless given the order to retreat, these troops will fight hard to the very last man. (-10 points)
Mostly retired from NS. Telegram me if you like but response time may be extremely slow

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Tag.

Could you explain the map a bit more, please?
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:Tag.

Sure. The nations that are already on there are myself and the Co-OPs who helped create this RP. Östreik is an NPC nation. If you want to join, feel free to mark out any bit of free land on the map you want, and our mapmaker will deal with making it look nice.

Let me know if there's anything more you want me to clarify.
Last edited by Kronitz-Durenberg on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me no use ns stats

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Kronitz-Durenberg wrote:
Greater Slavic Union wrote:Tag.

Sure. The nations that are already on there are myself and the Co-OPs who helped create this RP. Östreik is an NPC nation. If you want to join, feel free to mark out any bit of free land on the map you want, and our mapmaker will deal with making it look nice.

Thanks a lot, I should be fine for now.

If I have enough time, I might put up an app in two days.

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Kronitz-Durenberg wrote:Sure. The nations that are already on there are myself and the Co-OPs who helped create this RP. Östreik is an NPC nation. If you want to join, feel free to mark out any bit of free land on the map you want, and our mapmaker will deal with making it look nice.

Thanks a lot, I should be fine for now.

If I have enough time, I might put up an app in two days.

Alright, I look forward to it.
me no use ns stats

The Hook Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hook Islands » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:03 pm

APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: Duchy of Przeżycie
Name of Leader(s):
Duke Radosław Zaborowski
"Queen" Róża Malinoska (Not a leader as of now, but might be if her revolution succeeds)
Short Biography of Leader(s)
Róża was born in 1791, to King Marek IV and Queen Izabela. King Marek was the first to declare war on the Empire of Orlais due to the tyranny of Emperor François IV. This triggered the Orlesian War and after 4 years of fighting, the Orlesian Grande Armée surrounded the Przeżyc capital of Tołowice. While the Royal Przeżyc Army drove the Grande Armée away, King Marek was killed in the battle; Róża was his only heir, but at two years old she was too young to inherit the throne. The Marshal of Przeżycie is traditionally made the regent in these circumstances. Marshal Radosław Zaborowski (who happened to be Emperor François' cousin) became the regent for Queen Róża and he surrendered the country to Orlais a month after the Battle of Tołowice. Przeżycie became a puppet state of Orlais and remains so to this day.

Radosław was appointed the position of "Duke of Przeżycie" by Emperor François IV. Radosław abhorred François' depravity and in 1801 he joined Gisèle la Bien-aimée in her rebellion against her father, Emperor François. Radosław and Empress Gisèle remain allies.
Róża was taken out of the country by Przeżyc loyalists, who eventually made their way to Kronitz-Dürenberg where she was given permission to stay in the country by Fürst Alfred Maximilian von Hagenschloss. After 17 years of exile, she begins work to build an army loyal to her so she can re-take her country.

Placement on Map: I'm already there.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=408562

Main Stats
Nation Size: Respectable Holdings 0 (30)
Population: Substantial Citizenry 0 (30)
Industrialisation: Efficient Engineers -5 (25)
Education: Brilliant Scholars -5 (20)
Wealth: Overflowing Coffers -10 (10)

Military Stats
Military Size: Field Army 0 (10)
Training: Professional Army 0 (10)
Equipment: Modern Munitions -5 (5)
Morale: Confident Combatants 0 (5)

Not using the remaining 5 points
Everyone thinks their dog is the best, and nobody is wrong.
♥ Married to The Albali Republic

Harper is rude, but I promise I'm very friendly in reality! ^^

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 pm

APPLICATION
National Information
Name of Nation: Kralevství Kářova (Kingdom of Kářov)
Name of Leader(s): Michal III Kářovek
Short Biography of the Leader
Michal Kářovek was born in 1785 in Kářov's capital, Králohrad, son to the Prince of Kářov, Karel. He grew up in a family where two aspects were valued more than everything, when it came to forming the Kingdom's pupils: a robust military formation, and a vast knowledge of Human Sciences, rather than scientific ones.

When in 1791 the Empire of Orlais and Przeżycie went to war, Michal was just 6 years old, and was kept far away from the Army momentarily, just in case the Kingdom was to go to war with Orlais. The Kingdom of Kářov tho, did not enter open war against Orlais, despite supporting Przeżycie against its enormous neighbour. The Kingdom was already a country with an incredibly strong and long-lasting militar tradition, and the war which raged between its neighbours only made the military an even more important aspect of the state, to the point that foreign diplomats came to say "Kářov is not a Kingdom with an Army, but rather an Army with a Kingdom", to describe the situation in the country.

In 1797, Michal's father Karel, who should have succeeded Michal's grandfather as King, got accidentally killed when hunting by one of his companions who hat not aimed well, and thus shot Karel instead of the fawn he was trying to kill. Michal thus, was to face the most important part of his early life without such an important figure as a father can be. During this period, he started his military career as an Army officer, and soon rose through the ranks.

When King Pavel II, Michal's grandfather, died of natural causes in 1805, Michal was proclaimed King of Kářov, at the age of 20. At this point, he had been married for three years to Míroslava Vrežávová who, one year younger than Michal, was the heir to one of Kářov's most important noble families. The couple has daugther, Svatoslava Otýlie, and a son, Břetislav Bedřich, who are 7 and 5 years old respectively.

Now, after 5 years of reign during which he worked to strengthen the Army and the financial situation of his Kingdom, Michal is ready to wage war, if necessary, to reach his goals, goals which only he and his wife know.

Placement on Map: The blue lands under Przeżycie
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=414369&sid=333e4c33a79e632b4b60740ace978de9#p31953555 (I can provide you with more ones, if you want)

Main Stats

Nation Size:
Population: Substantial Citizenry (0 points)
Industrialisation: Efficient Engineers (-5 points)
Education: Proficient Students (0 points)
Wealth: Well-Stocked Treasury (-5 points)

Military Stats

Military Size: Field Army (0 points)
Training: Stalwart Soldiers (-5 points)
Equipment: Modern Munitions (-5 points)
Morale: Unwavering Fanatics (-10 points)

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 am

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
APPLICATION
National Information
Name of Nation: Kralevství Kářova (Kingdom of Kářov)
Name of Leader(s): Michal III Kářovek
Short Biography of the Leader
Michal Kářovek was born in 1785 in Kářov's capital, Králohrad, son to the Prince of Kářov, Karel. He grew up in a family where two aspects were valued more than everything, when it came to forming the Kingdom's pupils: a robust military formation, and a vast knowledge of Human Sciences, rather than scientific ones.

When in 1791 the Empire of Orlais and Przeżycie went to war, Michal was just 6 years old, and was kept far away from the Army momentarily, just in case the Kingdom was to go to war with Orlais. The Kingdom of Kářov tho, did not enter open war against Orlais, despite supporting Przeżycie against its enormous neighbour. The Kingdom was already a country with an incredibly strong and long-lasting militar tradition, and the war which raged between its neighbours only made the military an even more important aspect of the state, to the point that foreign diplomats came to say "Kářov is not a Kingdom with an Army, but rather an Army with a Kingdom", to describe the situation in the country.

In 1797, Michal's father Karel, who should have succeeded Michal's grandfather as King, got accidentally killed when hunting by one of his companions who hat not aimed well, and thus shot Karel instead of the fawn he was trying to kill. Michal thus, was to face the most important part of his early life without such an important figure as a father can be. During this period, he started his military career as an Army officer, and soon rose through the ranks.

When King Pavel II, Michal's grandfather, died of natural causes in 1805, Michal was proclaimed King of Kářov, at the age of 20. At this point, he had been married for three years to Míroslava Vrežávová who, one year younger than Michal, was the heir to one of Kářov's most important noble families. The couple has daugther, Svatoslava Otýlie, and a son, Břetislav Bedřich, who are 7 and 5 years old respectively.

Now, after 5 years of reign during which he worked to strengthen the Army and the financial situation of his Kingdom, Michal is ready to wage war, if necessary, to reach his goals, goals which only he and his wife know.
Placement on Map: The blue lands under Przeżycie
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=414369&sid=333e4c33a79e632b4b60740ace978de9#p31953555 (I can provide you with more ones, if you want)

Main Stats

Nation Size:
Population: Substantial Citizenry (0 points)
Industrialisation: Efficient Engineers (-5 points)
Education: Proficient Students (0 points)
Wealth: Well-Stocked Treasury (-5 points)

Military Stats

Military Size: Field Army (0 points)
Training: Stalwart Soldiers (-5 points)
Equipment: Modern Munitions (-5 points)
Morale: Unwavering Fanatics (-10 points)

Accepted, welcome to the RP.
me no use ns stats

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:40 am

APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Supreme Imperial Domain of the Anathaic Empire (Official), The Anathaic Empire (Common)
Name of Leader(s): Emperor Hadim IV, Empress Dowager Cemile (Regent)
It has been eight years since the death of Emperor Oran II, a popular rule who made little effort to change the status quo that has existed in the Anathaic Empire for centuries. His successor, Emperor Hadim IV, ascended to the throne at the age of four and has been carefully hidden from the public ever since. The true leader of the Empire is its regent, Empress Dowager Cemile, and the elite which she has built around her. The Empress Dowager has worked tirelessly to solidify her position and transform the Anathaic Empire into a modern centralised state, but there is still a great deal to be done. Only the largest cities of the Empire can be considered modern, and there is a growing divide between the ruling class loyal to Cemile and the masses who have come to despise their regent for her foreign influences and ambitions. The greatest conflict in the near future will no doubt be between the Empress Dowager’s regime and the independent tribespeople who inhabit the vast tracts of desert in the south of the Empire. Their way of life has become threatened by the encroachment of imperial power.
Placement on Map:
RP Sample: Welcome to the Jungle

Main Stats

Nation Size: Glorious Empire (-10)
Population: Clamouring Crowds (-5)
Industrialisation: Satisfactory Smiths (+5)
Education: Mentally Challenged (+5)
Wealth: Comfortably Well-Off

Military Stats

Military Size: Colossal Horde (-10)
Training: Substandard Militia (+5)
Equipment: Modern Munitions (-5)
Morale: Valiant Fighters (-5)

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:27 am

APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Kingdom of the Highland People, The Highlands
Name of Leader(s): King Bartholomew Wallace
Short Biography of Leader(s) King Wallace was born in the Highland Capitol of Glastow, in the mountains of the northern reaches of the chain. He was born to a family of nobles, his father the Earl of Glastow. Wallace served as a Soldier in the Highland Army until his father died. Then at, 24, he married his lifelong love Annette Heller and ascended to the Earlship of Glastow. Two years later, the current King died without any descendants and Wallace was selected as the new King of the Highlands.
Placement on Map: The Mountain Chain at the NW area of the map
RP Sample:

Belgium
Army size: 150,000, well equipped with German Arms
Navy size:120,000, very large
Air Corp: 1000, scout planes

Ostend, Belgium

Grand Admiral Stalone, in charge of all ships of the Belgian Navy, watched proudly as the now great Belgian Fleet practiced maneuvers in the nearby North Sea. Belgiums fleet had grown from nothing, to quite large in the past 23 years, thanks to German Shipbuilding and cooperation. Eventually in 1902, Belgium had built its own shipyards capable of building massive warships in both Ostend and Zeebrugge. Soon, three more protected cruisers would be leaving Zeebrugge for the sea for the first time.

Belgian Fleet totals

3 Dreadnought/Armoured Battleship

4 Pre-Dreadnoughts

6 light cruisers

5 protected Cruisers (3 more to come)

5 heavy cruisers

22 Destroyers/ Corvettes

47 Torpedo boats

7 Submarines

46 Auxiliaries ( Minelayers, Minesweepers, commerce raiders, etc)

Ghent, Belgium

Headquarters of the Belgian Air Corps and Army

General Svit, commander of the Belgian Air Corps, was not happy bout the size of his branch. It consisted of 13 scout planes, half of which didn't work, and 1021 men, most of who were untrained. Unfortunately, the Belgian Parliment did not wish to fund the Air Corps like it did the Army and Navy, now both powerful forces to be reckoned with.

Grand General Joseph, commander of the Belgian Army, was looking over man power and equipment. The Belgian Army was well equipped and well trained, but horrendously small. Soon, Belgium would be putting up recruitment stations in all major cities, hoping to increase size. The Army had to thank Germany again, for its generous supply of mostly German Arms that Belgium held.

To: Kaiser Wihelm II

After 23 years of cooperation between our nation's, Belgium believes it is time to propose a formal military alliance between our nation's. This alliance would make us help each other in a time of war and grow our bond even stronger.

Admiral Fortue, Joint Armed Forces Commander

Main Stats

Nation Size: Respectable Holdings (0)
Population: Substantial Citizenry (0)
Industrialisation: Efficent Engineers (-5)
Education: Proficient Students (0)
Wealth: Strapped for Cash (+5)

Military Stats

Military Size: Formidable Legions (-5)
Training: Elite Guards ( -10)
Equipment: Modern Munitions ( -5)
Morale: Unwavering Fanatics (-10)
Last edited by Hothnia on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 am

New Korongo wrote:
APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Supreme Imperial Domain of the Anathaic Empire (Official), The Anathaic Empire (Common)
It has been eight years since the death of Emperor Oran II, a popular rule who made little effort to change the status quo that has existed in the Anathaic Empire for centuries. His successor, Emperor Hadim IV, ascended to the throne at the age of four and has been carefully hidden from the public ever since. The true leader of the Empire is its regent, Empress Dowager Cemile, and the elite which she has built around her. The Empress Dowager has worked tirelessly to solidify her position and transform the Anathaic Empire into a modern centralised state, but there is still a great deal to be done. Only the largest cities of the Empire can be considered modern, and there is a growing divide between the ruling class loyal to Cemile and the masses who have come to despise their regent for her foreign influences and ambitions. The greatest conflict in the near future will no doubt be between the Empress Dowager’s regime and the independent tribespeople who inhabit the vast tracts of desert in the south of the Empire. Their way of life has become threatened by the encroachment of imperial power.
Placement on Map: (Image)RP Sample: Welcome to the Jungle

Main Stats

Military Stats

Accepted, welcome to the RP!
me no use ns stats

Zaurell
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zaurell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am

New Korongo wrote:APPLICATION:
National Information
Placement on Map: RP Sample: Welcome to the Jungle

Main Stats

Military Stats

Your desert empire wouldn't happen to be Catholic, would it?
Mostly retired from NS. Telegram me if you like but response time may be extremely slow

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:28 am

Hothnia wrote:
APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Kingdom of the Highland People, The Highlands
Name of Leader(s): King Bartholomew Wallace
Short Biography of Leader(s) King Wallace was born in the Highland Capitol of Glastow, in the mountains of the northern reaches of the chain. He was born to a family of nobles, his father the Earl of Glastow. Wallace served as a Soldier in the Highland Army until his father died. Then at, 24, he married his lifelong love Annette Heller and ascended to the Earlship of Glastow. Two years later, the current King died without any descendants and Wallace was selected as the new King of the Highlands.
Placement on Map: The Mountain Chain at the NW area of the map
RP Sample:

Belgium
Army size: 150,000, well equipped with German Arms
Navy size:120,000, very large
Air Corp: 1000, scout planes

Ostend, Belgium

Grand Admiral Stalone, in charge of all ships of the Belgian Navy, watched proudly as the now great Belgian Fleet practiced maneuvers in the nearby North Sea. Belgiums fleet had grown from nothing, to quite large in the past 23 years, thanks to German Shipbuilding and cooperation. Eventually in 1902, Belgium had built its own shipyards capable of building massive warships in both Ostend and Zeebrugge. Soon, three more protected cruisers would be leaving Zeebrugge for the sea for the first time.

Belgian Fleet totals

3 Dreadnought/Armoured Battleship

4 Pre-Dreadnoughts

6 light cruisers

5 protected Cruisers (3 more to come)

5 heavy cruisers

22 Destroyers/ Corvettes

47 Torpedo boats

7 Submarines

46 Auxiliaries ( Minelayers, Minesweepers, commerce raiders, etc)

Ghent, Belgium

Headquarters of the Belgian Air Corps and Army

General Svit, commander of the Belgian Air Corps, was not happy bout the size of his branch. It consisted of 13 scout planes, half of which didn't work, and 1021 men, most of who were untrained. Unfortunately, the Belgian Parliment did not wish to fund the Air Corps like it did the Army and Navy, now both powerful forces to be reckoned with.

Grand General Joseph, commander of the Belgian Army, was looking over man power and equipment. The Belgian Army was well equipped and well trained, but horrendously small. Soon, Belgium would be putting up recruitment stations in all major cities, hoping to increase size. The Army had to thank Germany again, for its generous supply of mostly German Arms that Belgium held.

To: Kaiser Wihelm II

After 23 years of cooperation between our nation's, Belgium believes it is time to propose a formal military alliance between our nation's. This alliance would make us help each other in a time of war and grow our bond even stronger.

Admiral Fortue, Joint Armed Forces Commander

Main Stats

Nation Size: Respectable Holdings (0)
Population: Substantial Citizenry (0)
Industrialisation: Efficent Engineers (-5)
Education: Proficient Students (0)
Wealth: Strapped for Cash (+5)

Military Stats

Military Size: Formidable Legions (-5)
Training: Elite Guards ( -10)
Equipment: Modern Munitions ( -5)
Morale: Unwavering Fanatics (-10)

I'm afraid that RP sample is rather unsatisfactory. For now, I'm gonna have to say no, sorry.
me no use ns stats

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Tag
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422664

Been on NS since 2014
Right Leaning Centrist Kinda Libertarian Kinda Republican Take Your Pick

The Green Union
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Green Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:13 pm

I've been looking for a good Napoleonic RP to partake in for a long time now, and I think I may have just lucked out. I have to applaud you guys on how well you've set this up.

I do have some questions, though. Firstly, would I be able to apply for this as a variant of this NS nation in the Napoleonic era? If possible I would like to use this as an opportunity to develop the character of the king at the time, and get a grasp of what society would be like. I could change some names if being so blatant is not permissible.

Regardless, I would like to know how I should go about applying the stats for the model I have in mind. In essence I was hoping for a massive, territory with a very small population centred in one area along with the entirety of a modest industrial base (0 to -5 points). All this while the rest of the country rests consistently in the +10 points sections.

More complex, I was hoping for of a military model wherein the regular military is small and professional while untrained militias (in that they cannot be deployed abroad and are not funded by the state) make up a vast number of the civilian population. Would this be classed as a large, unprofessional army or a small, professional army? Also, how would I allocate points to balance out what I wish to be a country with a fairly rubbish army and a fairly competent navy?

Edit: I'm overthinking this, aren't I?
Last edited by The Green Union on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A confederation of three nations and their Arctic territory, currently torn apart by competing interests.
Calendôr is in the GU heartland, located along the Green River. Francophone, it is the most urban nation. Dominated by boreal forests.
Urlistan covers the west coast and mouth of the Green River. English speaking, it is a rocky country based with industry and culture based around the sea. Currently under the control of the Arcadian Empire.
Arasland is a large northern landmass dominated by rocky forests and, above the treeline, tundra. Speaking several dialects of Emerstarian and Arcadian German, and culturally dominated by small family clans.

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:12 pm

The Green Union wrote:I've been looking for a good Napoleonic RP to partake in for a long time now, and I think I may have just lucked out. I have to applaud you guys on how well you've set this up.

I do have some questions, though. Firstly, would I be able to apply for this as a variant of this NS nation in the Napoleonic era? If possible I would like to use this as an opportunity to develop the character of the king at the time, and get a grasp of what society would be like. I could change some names if being so blatant is not permissible.

Regardless, I would like to know how I should go about applying the stats for the model I have in mind. In essence I was hoping for a massive, territory with a very small population centred in one area along with the entirety of a modest industrial base (0 to -5 points). All this while the rest of the country rests consistently in the +10 points sections.

More complex, I was hoping for of a military model wherein the regular military is small and professional while untrained militias (in that they cannot be deployed abroad and are not funded by the state) make up a vast number of the civilian population. Would this be classed as a large, unprofessional army or a small, professional army? Also, how would I allocate points to balance out what I wish to be a country with a fairly rubbish army and a fairly competent navy?

Edit: I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

You're more than welcome to use a Napoleonic-era version of your NS nation, no need to change names or anything unless you want to.

As for your stat questions, you can easily do top rank for territory and one of the lower ones for pop, and that should leave you with enough points to put into industry and whatever else.

I'd advise that if the bulk of your army is untrained militias you go with large unprofessional army; I won't begrudge you a few elite units. So put some points into size, take a few away from training, and see what you've got left. We probably should have incorporated navy in as a separate stat, but we didn't so that's just something to convey in factbooks or just in posts.

Let me know if you've got any more questions mate
me no use ns stats

The Green Union
Ambassador

Postby The Green Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Kronitz-Durenberg wrote:You're more than welcome to use a Napoleonic-era version of your NS nation, no need to change names or anything unless you want to.

As for your stat questions, you can easily do top rank for territory and one of the lower ones for pop, and that should leave you with enough points to put into industry and whatever else.

I'd advise that if the bulk of your army is untrained militias you go with large unprofessional army; I won't begrudge you a few elite units. So put some points into size, take a few away from training, and see what you've got left. We probably should have incorporated navy in as a separate stat, but we didn't so that's just something to convey in factbooks or just in posts.

Okay, thank you so much. Right now it appears that I have almost 30 points to spare after just imputing the stats that would constitute Napoleonic GU. Guess I should buff up something before this country ends up being shorter lived than the English Republic.

How is this RP expected to pan out? What exactly is the current situation in this world and what circumstances will cause conflict between national powers?
A confederation of three nations and their Arctic territory, currently torn apart by competing interests.
Calendôr is in the GU heartland, located along the Green River. Francophone, it is the most urban nation. Dominated by boreal forests.
Urlistan covers the west coast and mouth of the Green River. English speaking, it is a rocky country based with industry and culture based around the sea. Currently under the control of the Arcadian Empire.
Arasland is a large northern landmass dominated by rocky forests and, above the treeline, tundra. Speaking several dialects of Emerstarian and Arcadian German, and culturally dominated by small family clans.

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:54 pm

The Green Union wrote:
Kronitz-Durenberg wrote:You're more than welcome to use a Napoleonic-era version of your NS nation, no need to change names or anything unless you want to.

Okay, thank you so much. Right now it appears that I have almost 30 points to spare after just imputing the stats that would constitute Napoleonic GU. Guess I should buff up something before this country ends up being shorter lived than the English Republic.

How is this RP expected to pan out? What exactly is the current situation in this world and what circumstances will cause conflict between national powers?

Yeah spending at least some of those 30 points is probably not a bad idea.

The current situation is the Kaiser of Östreik has just been murdered, a bunch of nations are going to want to claim the throne, also there's religious differences between some nations that might also lead to tensions, Przezycie is currently a puppet state of Orlais with a claimant living in my nation, and presumably said claimant is going to try to get her country back, I think that'll do for now after that we kinda just see where it goes because by the time all those plot arcs are properly in play war will almost certainly have broken out.
me no use ns stats

The Federation of Democratic Regions
Minister

Founded: May 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Democratic Regions » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Tag for interest, I love Napoleonic era stuff. 1815 was the best year of my life.
Ben M wrote:S'all good. I'ma be a baller knight and roll with it.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 pm

APPLICATION:
National Information
Name of Nation: The Grande Republic of Arcadia
Name of Leader(s): Prime Minister Oswald Munche II
Short Biography of Leader(s) Prime Minister Oswald Munche the second, was the son of the son of the first prime minister who defeated the king of Arcadia in a coup. His father established a constitutional Monarch where like the king the Prime minister will be past down in the holding family. Oswald II joined the Arcadian army in 1784. He achieved the rank of Major, but soon because of his fathers failing health he took the office of Prime Minister. At age 35 he rules the country, and empire in essence. As tensions along the borders grew he expanded the military and instituted conscription along with many social plans that mended ties between monarchists and the constitutionals. Parliament was also given more power to help rule the nation.
Placement on [img]Adding%20soon[/img]:
I am red
RP Sample:He drove on the highway, and he just ended the call with his wife, he was checking how they were settling in their new apartment in South Bend. He pulled into the exit into the town of Walkerton. He was tracking a cult leader from Montana that escaped in his last raid. This man took a county over an instated a sick religious law there. This man was one the FBIs most wanted list. As he pulled into town he called his boss and asked "I'm pulling into Walkerton now, are the police expecting me?" His boss replied "Yes, everything is set up, do you know where your house is?" He spoke "Yeah". when he call ended he parked infront of his 'house'. He unlocked the door and looked around the empty house, some of his stuff should be arriving here in a few days, all he had was a sleeping bag and a computer. he would be checking in with the police when he settles in.

Main Stats

Nation Size:Glorious Empire
Population: Clamouring Crowds
Industrialisation:Efficient Engineers
Education:Proficient Students
Wealth:Well-Stocked Treasury

Military Stats

Military Size:Formidable Legions
Training:Stalwart Soldiers
Equipment:Modern Munitions
Morale:Confident Combatants
Last edited by The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Been on NS since 2014

Kronitz-Durenberg
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kronitz-Durenberg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:03 pm

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia wrote:
APPLICATION:
National Information
Short Biography of Leader(s) Prime Minister Oswald Munche the second, was the son of the son of the first prime minister who defeated the king of Arcadia in a coup. His father established a constitutional Monarch where like the king the Prime minister will be past down in the holding family. Oswald II joined the Arcadian army in 1784. He achieved the rank of Major, but soon because of his fathers failing health he took the office of Prime Minister. At age 35 he rules the country, and empire in essence. As tensions along the borders grew he expanded the military and instituted conscription along with many social plans that mended ties between monarchists and the constitutionals. Parliament was also given more power to help rule the nation.
Placement on (Image):
I am red
RP Sample:He drove on the highway, and he just ended the call with his wife, he was checking how they were settling in their new apartment in South Bend. He pulled into the exit into the town of Walkerton. He was tracking a cult leader from Montana that escaped in his last raid. This man took a county over an instated a sick religious law there. This man was one the FBIs most wanted list. As he pulled into town he called his boss and asked "I'm pulling into Walkerton now, are the police expecting me?" His boss replied "Yes, everything is set up, do you know where your house is?" He spoke "Yeah". when he call ended he parked infront of his 'house'. He unlocked the door and looked around the empty house, some of his stuff should be arriving here in a few days, all he had was a sleeping bag and a computer. he would be checking in with the police when he settles in.

Main Stats

Military Stats

The majority of the land you've chosen has already been claimed.
me no use ns stats

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Kronitz-Durenberg wrote:
The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia wrote:
APPLICATION:
National Information
Placement on (Image):
I am red

Main Stats

Military Stats

The majority of the land you've chosen has already been claimed.

Im editing it

Been on NS since 2014

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 pm

]APPLICATION:
National Information
Placement on ([url=http://i.imgur.com/dQmMh6F.png[/url]):
I am blue

Main Stats

Military Stats

EDITED
Last edited by The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Been on NS since 2014

The Green Union
Ambassador

Postby The Green Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Speaking of claiming territory, would it be possible at all to do that without submitting an image? It's just that I can't upload even a very rough sketch right now and would like to put in a claim before somebody takes the area I would prefer.

If a picture is necessary, is it at least possible for me to reserve the entire top left of the map, extending down to incorporate the entirety of the bay and along the coast east up to the small jut of land ends? Once again, very sorry for the inability to provide anything better right now.

Edit: GRA and I are discussing borders.
Last edited by The Green Union on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse