NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Rite of Conquest (Concluded) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Is House Martell open, specifically Meria?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 pm

North America Inc wrote:Is House Martell open, specifically Meria?

no
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Dentali wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Is House Martell open, specifically Meria?

no

Do you know what page the application is, I can't find it on the character roster.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Then may I play as House Reyne?

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Slakonian wrote:Exactly my point mate, and let us not forget from time to time into the history of Westeros some wars were pretty devastating. For example Brynden Rivers (the infamous) had Whitewalls put to the ground and the land salted and we all know that when a land as rich as that when destroyed to such magnitude; people leave forever.

My point is, Westeros is definately not the same throught it's history. Just look during the Dance of the Dragons that house Stark had the biggest host of all which means they had witnessed over-population.

It's possible but might be more complicated than that. The Tyrells stayed out of it, and might have enticed a good part of the Reach to do the same. In either case, the Reach was split between minor houses that supported the Greens (Hightowers, Peakes, Roxtons, Fossoways, and Redwynes) and the Blacks (Beesburys, Caswells, Costaynes, Rowans, and Tarlys). At the same time the Lannister suffered the loss of a lord very early on (and his brother was taken captive) leaving the Westerlands in the hands of Lady Johanna (who had to focus on defending her lands from ironborn reavers and invaders).
Just saying that for the Dance the Starks had an advantage in unity and fewer outside threats to focus on. We know Lord Dustin led the 2,000 Winter Wolves south to fight, but I can't recall how many men Cregan Stark led.
Last edited by Blackledge on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:39 pm

I'll be apping as a knight for House Lannister. I believe Dentali wanted me to play the part as Master-of-Arms or something.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Albertae wrote:I'll be apping as a knight for House Lannister. I believe Dentali wanted me to play the part as Master-of-Arms or something.

You can have a merc company, Lannisters have the money. Or a Master of Arms up to you. Just FYI Loren has fought no major wars, primarily just defensive ones and guarding against raids

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Dentali wrote:
Albertae wrote:I'll be apping as a knight for House Lannister. I believe Dentali wanted me to play the part as Master-of-Arms or something.

You can have a merc company, Lannisters have the money. Or a Master of Arms up to you. Just FYI Loren has fought no major wars, primarily just defensive ones and guarding against raids

Alright, then I'll be a mercenary company. Can a mercenary captain be a knight? I'd obviously be unlanded, since I can't very well oversee them, if I'm constantly leading a mercenary company somewhere across the world. Perhaps part of our agreement is that you knight him?
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Name: Baelorr
House: Lowborn
Titles: None.
House Seat: None.
House Sigil: None, as of yet.
Allegiance paid to: Currently, House Lannister, as they pay the best.
Appearance: https://gyazo.com/1befb6aa94560d585ec282c50f5449f4
Personality: He is proud and you could say partially misguided, however he is also shrewd and tactical when it comes to negotiations or otherwise diplomacy with others. He is a good soul and not to his own attribute. His men respect it though and it gives him peace of mind.
Skills: A skilled leader and fighter, also not to bad with diplomacy and business deals.
Weaponry: A tempered longsword, well-made and balanced. A shortbow, although he does not use it often, it is still in his arsenal. Throwing axes, a personally favorite. A set of hardened leather armor, with plates of iron here and there.
Military Strength: He has a mercenary company of say 1,000 men.
Light Infantry: 600
350 Swordsmen
250 Spearmen
Ranged Infantry: 400
300 Archers (shortbows)
100 Irregulars (throwing spears, throwing axes, etc.)

Biography::
Baelorr was born to a family of six. His father was a simple trader from the city of Volantis and his mother a loving wife who shared her love with all of her children best of possible. His early life was rough as his was the third-born of the family. Eventually, he ended up the youngest of all four children as the youngest died due to a serious illness. As the years went on, life became considerably rougher and rougher post-doom. His father went bankrupt and was forced to give up their humble abode. They were out on the street and before they knew what was to happen, life bent them to their knees. His father became a sullen drunk and his mother killed in a massive riot. He was now out in the world alongside his two remaining brothers and sister. They spent his early teens being urchins on the streets, scrapping everything they possibly could just to survive. When he turned thirteen, he was caught pickpocketing a Pentoshi noble. He was faced with either the removal of his hand, or worse indentured slavery. Being a young, scared child, he could not face his hand being cut off for eternity. He chose slavery, being taken away to the Free City of Pentos. Never again did he see his brothers or sisters.

Life as a slave was rough, he was forced to work indefinitely, was beaten constantly, and underfed. Technically, he was indentured, so there was no way the noble could be punished for the enslavement of another person. Additionally, he was a noble and Baelorr a lowly servant. For three years, he spent it in endless torture. His life was going nowhere. Then his owner died abruptly one night and he prompty prepared to escape in the next week. As he was escaping, he came upon the lady. They exchanged no words, but only an eternal look. From there they went their separate ways. Those many years he spent as a street urchin trained him well, but his years as an indentured slave hardened him. It made him tough and it made him proud of all he had survived through.

After escaping, he spent a year recovering. He roamed the lands of Essos, until he came upon a band of mercenaries. There he knew what he was destined to be. The next day after discovering the mercenary company, he joined them. As the years passed by, he grew close to his newfound friends and family, even if they were cold and heartless. He knew it was the way of the world. This only hardened him and taught him many values he would need to survive for the next 9 years. His ability to survive would eventually catch the eye of the mercenary captain, who would take him under his wing, teaching him all he could. Now after turning twenty-six, he has gained control of this mercenary company and decided to take them to the reaches beyond, Westeros.
RP Example: Uh, if you need one I can provide you. I'm sure I can dig one up somewhere. I have also participated in many RPs with you and ones you have OPed.
Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Robert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)[/spoiler]
Last edited by Albertae on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Albertae wrote:Name: Baelorr Agaelor
House: Lowborn
Titles: None.
House Seat: None.
House Sigil: None, as of yet.
Allegiance paid to: Currently, House Lannister, as they pay the best.
Appearance: https://gyazo.com/1befb6aa94560d585ec282c50f5449f4
Personality: He is proud and you could say partially misguided, however he is also shrewd and tactical when it comes to negotiations or otherwise diplomacy with others. He is a good soul and not to his own attribute. His men respect it though and it gives him peace of mind.
Skills: A skilled leader and fighter, also not to bad with diplomacy and business deals.
Weaponry: A tempered longsword, well-made and balanced. A shortbow, although he does not use it often, it is still in his arsenal. Throwing axes, a personally favorite. A set of hardened leather armor, with plates of iron here and there.
Military Strength: He has a mercenary company of say 3,000 men.
Biography::
Baelorr was born to a family of six. His father was a simple trader from the city of Volantis and his mother a loving wife who shared her love with all of her children best of possible. His early life was rough as his was the third-born of the family. Eventually, he ended up the youngest of all four children as the youngest died due to a serious illness. As the years went on, life became considerably rougher and rougher post-doom. His father went bankrupt and was forced to give up their humble abode. They were out on the street and before they knew what was to happen, life bent them to their knees. His father became a sullen drunk and his mother killed in a massive riot. He was now out in the world alongside his two remaining brothers and sister. They spent his early teens being urchins on the streets, scrapping everything they possibly could just to survive. When he turned thirteen, he was caught pickpocketing a Pentoshi noble. He was faced with either the removal of his hand, or worse indentured slavery. Being a young, scared child, he could not face his hand being cut off for eternity. He chose slavery, being taken away to the Free City of Pentos. Never again did he see his brothers or sisters.

Life as a slave was rough, he was forced to work indefinitely, was beaten constantly, and underfed. Technically, he was indentured, so there was no way the noble could be punished for the enslavement of another person. Additionally, he was a noble and Baelorr a lowly servant. For three years, he spent it in endless torture. His life was going nowhere. Then his owner died abruptly one night and he prompty prepared to escape in the next week. As he was escaping, he came upon the lady. They exchanged no words, but only an eternal look. From there they went their separate ways. Those many years he spent as a street urchin trained him well, but his years as an indentured slave hardened him. It made him tough and it made him proud of all he had survived through.

After escaping, he spent a year recovering. He roamed the lands of Essos, until he came upon a band of mercenaries. There he knew what he was destined to be. The next day after discovering the mercenary company, he joined them. As the years passed by, he grew close to his newfound friends and family, even if they were cold and heartless. He knew it was the way of the world. This only hardened him and taught him many values he would need to survive for the next 9 years. His ability to survive would eventually catch the eye of the mercenary captain, who would take him under his wing, teaching him all he could. Now after turning twenty-six, he has gained control of this mercenary company and decided to take them to reaches beyond, to Westeros.
RP Example: Uh, if you need one I can provide you. I'm sure I can dig one up somewhere. I have also participated in many RPs with you and ones you have OPed.
Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Robert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)[/spoiler]

You can be a knight yea, and 3k seems alot. Even it it flies it would be ridiculously expensive to maintain and unnecessary. Lannister would probably hired you to patrol the coast and protect against ironborn raids. I doubt he would hire more a thousand at the very most
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Albertae wrote:-SNIP-

1. Why is he a Volantene, who looks Westerosi, but has a pseudo Valyrian name?
2. Lowborns don't have surnames
3. Why is there an extra 'r' tacked onto the already existing name Baelor for no reason?
4. Hardened leather armour with pieces of plate mixed in is called a jack-of-plates
5. 3,000 is way too much. Custom houses were limited to 1,500. This isn't even a house it is a transient mercenary company. It is operating in a place where there is usually little need for mercenary companies, unlike the disputed lands. The Brave Companions had only around 100 men when in Westeros. Well established companies like the company of the cat, and the Windblown have barely 3,000. Even the well established and historical second sons had only 500 men. Since this is a custom one it should be vastly reduced. As someone who once played as a mercenary captain in one of Val's previous rp's I would say anything beyond 600-750 is going into areas of absurdity. Even then, mine were entirely infantry and started in Essos, where there is a near constant demand for mercenaries, whereas they are rarely hired in Westeros.
6. Why doesn't this mercenary company have no name?
7. Why would a volantene at all care about gaining a knighthood?
8. If he does become a knight he would need to change religions to the faith of the seven
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Dentali wrote:

no

Do you know what page the application is, I can't find it on the character roster.

North America Inc wrote:Then may I play as House Reyne?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 pm

North America Inc wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Do you know what page the application is, I can't find it on the character roster.

North America Inc wrote:Then may I play as House Reyne?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=416300&p=32005596#p32005596

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:28 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:@Sil Arion, forgot Manfred's younger sister, Patrice (I think she'd be in her mid too late twenties, since she was a potential suspect for the assassination of the High Septon in 44 AC, so she likely wasn't too old by that point in time), and one of Manfred's sons should be a septon, since one of his sons became high septon during Aegon's reign and was noted as being the uncle of Queen Ceryse

Also, should remove lady Morgayne, since she would've inherited the Hightower by Westerosi law. Males take precedence over females, but are not discounted from inheritance, and since she was the daughter of the heir, she would've inherited by law

EDIT: Also Modred, can't be a knight, Prince Maegor was the youngest knight in the history of the realm when he was knighted at 16. Doesn't make sense if there already was one

Also, he forgot that his youngest daughter (who I would assume is around 14-16)

Some say that Manfred also offered his youngest daughter's hand in marriage to Aegon I Targaryen, which Aegon declined so as not to offend his Queens.

So there should be an unmarried daughter.

I'm back, sorry for the delay. Got a bit too busy yesterday and earlier today.

Thanks for all the pointers! Deleted Morgayne, added Patrice [frankly forgot her the first time!], Ceryse, another son as a Septon, a son as an Acolyte and a other few tweaks here and there; more characters to [Notes]. Here you are!

Question: would a knight of the Warrior's Sons be allowed a wife still, as they renounced only their lands, gold and possessions?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Sil Arion wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Also, he forgot that his youngest daughter (who I would assume is around 14-16)

So there should be an unmarried daughter.

I'm back, sorry for the delay. Got a bit too busy yesterday and earlier today.

Thanks for all the pointers! Deleted Morgayne, added Patrice [frankly forgot her the first time!], Ceryse, another son as a Septon, a son as an Acolyte and a other few tweaks here and there; more characters to [Notes]. Here you are!

Question: would a knight of the Warrior's Sons be allowed a wife still, as they renounced only their lands, gold and possessions?

No, they're basically like warrior septons. Lancel Lannister had to give up his wife in the books when the order was recreated, so Morgan Hightower had no wife. Also, I only mentioned ceryse for reference, as she isn't born until 4 years after the start of this rp so she as of yet does not exist. Patrice should be aged way down, as I mentioned earlier, since its pretty unlikely that a 94 year old was capable of assassinating anyone

EDIT: Not sure why one of the Hightowers would marry a Tyrell since they are, at this point, a lowly house without even a keep, serving as stewards to the Gardeners
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Okay so is House Reyne?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:29 pm

North America Inc wrote:

Okay so is House Reyne?

House Reyne is available as far as I know.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm

I think it's time we got an IC, don't you guys agree? IC up in the coming hour. Also Reyne is available.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:06 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I think it's time we got an IC, don't you guys agree? IC up in the coming hour. Also Reyne is available.

WOO! THE LION ROARS

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:15 pm

So is everyone just going to bend the knee when the dragons come?

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm

North America Inc wrote:So is everyone just going to bend the knee when the dragons come?

If they come lol
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:18 pm

North America Inc wrote:So is everyone just going to bend the knee when the dragons come?

If they desire to, they may. Dragons can be killed, it just takes time and the right requirements. Balerion probably won't go down, but Vhaegar and Meraxes have a chance, and Aegon can't be every where at once with just Balerion.

The RP will not end once the conquest is complete or stops. There will be some intrigue and other activities, I may also do a minor time skip to help fast forward the age of the children if everyone wishes to play as the children of this generation.

We are also are not starting right at the conquest, thus the whole Argilac situation has not happened yet. Perhaps something else will cause Aegon to invade.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Another question before I submit an application, do we have to make two applications for two characters, or can they be combined?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:48 pm

North America Inc wrote:Another question before I submit an application, do we have to make two applications for two characters, or can they be combined?

I would prefer if they are combined. However, you do not need to make an app for the other members of the family (that's what the notes are for) unless a certain character is really important and you plan to RP them as much as the first.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse