NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Rite of Conquest (Concluded) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
North America Inc wrote:So will I hear a verdict tomorrow?

Have the issues Warg stated been addressed? I will look over it in a second.

Yes.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Dentali wrote:
North America Inc wrote:I understand, i assume Reyne probably at most 3000 on their own. I thought 5000 to 7000 in terms of bannermen.

Except George R.R. Martin has said that is not how it works. you don't have a tier of lords, just the King, the Lords Paramount and the Lords under them. Some lords are more powerful than others but they don't have individual vassals themselves. CK2 is great but the system is not accurate

There may not be tiers of lords, but individual lords do have families of Landed Knights which serve them. Which in of itself is another tier of a "lord" an example would be House Osgrey in the Dunk and Egg comics being sworn to House Rowan. Similarly, House Webber uses a Lordly title "Lady Rhoanne" and is likely sworn to House Rowan as well considering how close their lands are to one another.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:35 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Except George R.R. Martin has said that is not how it works. you don't have a tier of lords, just the King, the Lords Paramount and the Lords under them. Some lords are more powerful than others but they don't have individual vassals themselves. CK2 is great but the system is not accurate

There may not be tiers of lords, but individual lords do have families of Landed Knights which serve them. Which in of itself is another tier of a "lord" an example would be House Osgrey in the Dunk and Egg comics being sworn to House Rowan. Similarly, House Webber uses a Lordly title "Lady Rhoanne" and is likely sworn to House Rowan as well considering how close their lands are to one another.

House Forrester is sworn to Glover, while Whitehill is to Bolton. Hightower has many houses sworn to it, as does Reed. There many cases of "high" lords, as they rule over many different parts. The CK2 system is somewhat accurate. However, the power for each lord varies by time frame and their situation.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:06 am

Nuxipal wrote:

READY TO BE INSPECTED
Name: Malen
Company Name: The Disputed Brothers
Titles: None.
House Seat: None.
House Sigil: None, as of yet.
Allegiance paid to: Currently, House Lannister, as they pay the best.
Appearance: https://gyazo.com/1befb6aa94560d585ec282c50f5449f4
Personality: He is proud and you could say partially misguided, however he is also shrewd and tactical when it comes to negotiations or otherwise diplomacy with others. He is a good soul and not to his own attribute. His men respect it though and it gives him peace of mind.
Skills: A skilled leader and fighter, also not to bad with diplomacy and business deals.
Weaponry: A tempered longsword, well-made and balanced. A shortbow, although he does not use it often, it is still in his arsenal. Throwing axes, a personally favorite. A set of hardened leather armor, with plates of iron here and there.
Military Strength: He has a mercenary company of say 375 men.
200 Swordsmen
100 Archers
75 Spearmen and Supplymen

Biography::
Malen was born to a family of six. His father was a simple trader from the city of Volantis and his mother a loving wife from Westeros, who shared her love with all of her children best of possible. His early life was rough as his was the third-born of the family. Eventually, he ended up the youngest of all four children as the youngest died due to a serious illness. As the years went on, life became considerably rougher and rougher post-doom. His father went bankrupt and was forced to give up their humble abode. They were out on the street and before they knew what was to happen, life bent them to their knees. His father became a sullen drunk and his mother killed in a massive riot. He was now out in the world alongside his two remaining brothers and sister. They spent his early teens being urchins on the streets, scrapping everything they possibly could just to survive. When he turned thirteen, he was caught pickpocketing a Pentoshi noble. He was faced with the removal of his hand by authorities backing the Pentoshi noble. Instead, the Pentoshi noble fled back to Pentos, taking Malen with him. Never again did he see his brothers or sisters, for now, he was a slave.

Life as a slave was rough, he was forced to work indefinitely, was beaten constantly, and underfed. For three years, he spent it in endless torture. His life was going nowhere. Then his owner died abruptly one night and he prompty prepared to escape in the next week. As he was escaping, he came upon the lady. They exchanged no words, but only an eternal look. From there they went their separate ways. Those many years he spent as a street urchin trained him well, but his years as a slave hardened him. It made him tough and it made him proud of all he had survived through.

After escaping, he spent a year recovering. He roamed the lands of Essos, until he came upon a band of mercenaries. There he knew what he was destined to be. The next day after discovering the mercenary company, he joined them. As the years passed by, he grew close to his newfound friends and family, even if they were cold and heartless. He knew it was the way of the world. This only hardened him and taught him many values he would need to survive for the next 9 years. His ability to survive would eventually catch the eye of the mercenary captain, who would take him under his wing, teaching him all he could. Now after turning twenty-six, he has gained control of this mercenary company and decided to take them to the reaches beyond, Westeros.
RP Example: Something hopefully better --> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14sN ... sp=sharing

Notes: Lieutenants: Haror [29], Joronno [32], Lazo [37], Vargar [39] Company Medicine-man Thoryros [43]
Last edited by Albertae on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:20 am

With regards to the Reyne strength. When they were at their height, Reyne was able to quickly muster 2k. Now that could mean that, at their height, the Reynes had some 5/6k men to call upon (based on "quickly raised" meaning half of the MAA were too far away, and a reserve percentage of peasants taken from their fields). And this was after years of a Reyne being "in charge" and them siphoning funds and land/titles from the Lannisters.

When speaking of vassals accounting for 7-8k more men (what houses?) there is no evidence for it. House Reyne's military strength of 4k includes its vassals, be they knights, masters, or minor lords.

House Tarbeck was NOT a vassal of Reyne. They became political allies with the marriage of Ellyn Reyne to Lord Tarbeck, nothing more nothing less. At the time of Tywin's attack both Tarbeck and Reyne were the most powerful vassals, with Tarbeck possibly having 500 household knights (a large company, expensive to maintain, but doesn't bring with it any real estimate at their land/manpower, just that they had enough money to keep five hundred professionals).

EDIT: Hoare is the most dangerous single faction in the realm. They are of the breed of ironborn who actually manage to accomplish things. All they need to do is stick an army in Harrenhal, and float the rest of their men along the rivers, attacking at night and laying waste to the land before the invaders. The best of ironmen and rivermen tactics.
Last edited by Jhet on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:55 am

I'm not sure on some of the numbers I'm seeing here. The Lannister player is saying up to 60K, but the (semi) canon source we have suggests 50k, and that was scraping the bottom of the barrel. The Reynes are/were the second most powerful house in the Westerlands and are very wealthy, if a powerful house like the Hightowers can field 9,000+ men (IIRC from the Princess and the Queen, only read it once) to the Reach's 80k, I don't see it being too outrageous to suggest that the Reynes have 5-6 thousand. Keeping in mind that a vassal will rarely contribute the entirety of their forces to their liege lord when asked to provide men.

And let's be honest, it's very much in the Lannister player's interests to try and deflate the number of men House Reyne has. Just in case...

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:09 am

Jhet wrote:EDIT: Hoare is the most dangerous single faction in the realm. They are of the breed of ironborn who actually manage to accomplish things. All they need to do is stick an army in Harrenhal, and float the rest of their men along the rivers, attacking at night and laying waste to the land before the invaders. The best of ironmen and rivermen tactics.

Meh, I don't really think so. The ironborn only conquered the riverlands because of rivermen helping them. Afterwards they they still don't have the numbers (especially after only a generation ago Halleck Hoare, possibly an idiot, led hosts against the Bloody Gate *three* times and was repulsed) to do much except sit there. Half the rivermen hate them and will rise at the first chance, and if they gather a host and march somewhere an enemy in the other direction can march on their holdings unopposed. Probably explains why Harren built his big castle. Between the ironmen, who lack numbers and can't fight pitched battles on shore by themselves, and the rivermen, who are perpetually divided, the Kingdom of the Isles and the Rivers was a house of cards waiting to fall.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am

Yaana Noore wrote:I'm not sure on some of the numbers I'm seeing here. The Lannister player is saying up to 60K, but the (semi) canon source we have suggests 50k, and that was scraping the bottom of the barrel. The Reynes are/were the second most powerful house in the Westerlands and are very wealthy, if a powerful house like the Hightowers can field 9,000+ men (IIRC from the Princess and the Queen, only read it once) to the Reach's 80k, I don't see it being too outrageous to suggest that the Reynes have 5-6 thousand. Keeping in mind that a vassal will rarely contribute the entirety of their forces to their liege lord when asked to provide men.

And let's be honest, it's very much in the Lannister player's interests to try and deflate the number of men House Reyne has. Just in case...

Why would that be I his interest? The Reynes were loyal vassals for centuries before their revolt, which won't happen canonically for more than 250 years. That's like saying it's on the Gardener player's interest to deflate the number of men House Hightower has, just in case.

And looking at the page for the revolt it doesn't seem like they were able to gather that many men, even when at their supposed strongest.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 am

It seems I won't be completely without internet access after all. :p

Warg the Immortal wrote:Why would that be I his interest? The Reynes were loyal vassals for centuries before their revolt, which won't happen canonically for more than 250 years. That's like saying it's on the Gardener player's interest to deflate the number of men House Hightower has, just in case.

And looking at the page for the revolt it doesn't seem like they were able to gather that many men, even when at their supposed strongest.

Given that a king player can RP all NPC houses and troops in their realm its clearly in any king player's interest to limit the number of PC players and the troops available to them. The fewer troops in the hands of PC vassals the more for the king player to personally control.

My two cents on the Reyne numbers: I don't think its that unreasonable for what was probably a very wealthy and powerful house to have upwards of ten percent of the Wastelands numbers. As Yaana Noore mentions there are cases of vassals commanding that and from a gameplay perspective allowing vassals to exaggerate their power a bit seem fair given that almost all lords will be NPC making it very difficult for the lords to compete with the kings.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:09 am

I'm super sorry that I can't post yet but I wanted Tell you all that I'm moving and should be back by Saturday central us time
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 am

So I was looking over the roster and it doesn't look like there are any player-controlled houses where marriage with House Highfalls would make much sense, so may I set up a marriage with an unclaimed house?

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 am

I'm just waiting to be approved. I put a more lengthy RP example in a google document.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:50 am

Albertae wrote:I'm just waiting to be approved. I put a more lengthy RP example in a google document.

Your manpower is still too high. It should be less than 400. I'll be going over it more and Reyne in a bit, I need food.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 am

Albertae wrote:I'm just waiting to be approved. I put a more lengthy RP example in a google document.

Your manpower is still too high. It should be less than 400. I'll be going over it more and Reyne in a bit, I need food.

My Tully app also please.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 am

Ah, okay. I understand. Warg gave me a number near 800 and Dentalli gave me a number near 1000. Being that Dentalli will be my employer ICly, I just went with his number. It'll be edited now.

EDIT: It is fixed now.
Last edited by Albertae on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:43 am

Albertae wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Your manpower is still too high. It should be less than 400. I'll be going over it more and Reyne in a bit, I need food.

Ah, okay. I understand. Warg gave me a number near 800 and Dentalli gave me a number near 1000. Being that Dentalli will be my employer ICly, I just went with his number. It'll be edited now.

3,000 is way too much. Custom houses were limited to 1,500. This isn't even a house it is a transient mercenary company. It is operating in a place where there is usually little need for mercenary companies, unlike the disputed lands. The Brave Companions had only around 100 men when in Westeros. Well established companies like the company of the cat, and the Windblown have barely 3,000. Even the well established and historical second sons had only 500 men. Since this is a custom one it should be vastly reduced. As someone who once played as a mercenary captain in one of Val's previous rp's I would say anything beyond 600-750 is going into areas of absurdity. Even then, mine were entirely infantry and started in Essos, where there is a near constant demand for mercenaries, whereas they are rarely hired in Westeros.

Apps will be looked over now.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

Name:Meria "the Yellow-Toad" (Nymeros) Martell
House:Nymeros Martell (or more commonly known as simply Martell)
Titles:Princess of Dorne, Lord of Sunspear
House Seat:Sunspear
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: No one
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Deceitful, Proud, Family-Oriented, Patient, Ruthless
Skills: Master schemer and diplomat, brilliant tactician
Weaponry (If any):
Military Strength: twenty five thousands spears, a couple dozen ships out of sunspear.
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please): The only daughter of Prince Ryon Nymeros Martell, Meria inherited the throne of Dorne, following the Rhoynar's custom, after the death of her father and has been ruling over Dorne for over 50 years since then. While she was rumored to be quite a beauty in her youth, few are those who were there at that time still alive today to attest of it and, given her current look, it would be hard to believe them anyway.
Old, fat, blind, and almost bald; her decrepit appearance give to those who don't know her the impression of a weak and senile old lady, an impression she's quite eager to use at her advantage, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Despite the effects time had on her body, it left her mind untouched and her thoughts are still as quick as they were when she was a young girl.

Soon before her father's death, she had the opportunity to marry for love (a rare chance for a member of the nobility, especially of royal blood) but her desire for a big family was spitted by a number of miscarriage and infantile deaths that struck her, seeing only two of her children, Nymors and Anders, pass their 13th birthday. She enjoys particularly the company of her family, especially of her grand-daughter Deria whom she tutors to rule, much like she did for her son Nymors, and who act as her mouth and representative and follows her everywhere.

Older than pretty much every of her vassals, and having seen most of them born even, she gets from this and her attitude an authority and control over them most of the other Westerosians kings could only dream of, ruling over her domain like the old matriarch she is with quite literally an iron fist in a velvet glove as even the most rebellious of her lords will curb after a mere jeer from her.

RP Example:Here are the four last R.P I took part in.
Notes: Nymors Martell, 51 years old. Son and heir of Meria, steward of the realm.
Anders Martel, 36 years old. Son of Meria.
Deria Martell, 15 years old. Daughter of Nymors and second in line to succession, Meria's pupil and her "voice and eyes".

Aaaaand I just saw that other people had applied for it already. Damn. :/
Last edited by Aelex on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

Have people been accepted for house Martell already? I thought it wasn't the case since the O.P didn't mention it.

Oh well, I saw that there has been an I.C post made already. Seems like I bothered for nothing. :/
Would the Martell player mind having me play as a vassal of the house Yronwood?
Last edited by Aelex on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:53 am

Hey OP, I think you missed it, but I think my app is finished now.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am

Aelex wrote:Have people been accepted for house Martell already? I thought it wasn't the case since the O.P didn't mention it.

Of the Quendi is Martell, but there was a possible issue of them being away for a week. However, that seems to no longer be the case. I'd check with Of the Quendi though, just to be sure.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am

Aelex wrote:Have people been accepted for house Martell already? I thought it wasn't the case since the O.P didn't mention it.

Oh well, I saw that there has been an I.C post made already. Seems like I bothered for nothing. :/
Would the Martell player mind having me play as a vassal of the house Yronwood?

Yronwood is open, as are basically every other Dornish house minus Dayne. Haven't heard anything from the Dayne player in a while, he might lose his spot.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am

Hey OP can you update the character roster so new people arent confused.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:58 am

Albertae wrote:

3,000 is way too much. Custom houses were limited to 1,500. This isn't even a house it is a transient mercenary company. It is operating in a place where there is usually little need for mercenary companies, unlike the disputed lands. The Brave Companions had only around 100 men when in Westeros. Well established companies like the company of the cat, and the Windblown have barely 3,000. Even the well established and historical second sons had only 500 men. Since this is a custom one it should be vastly reduced. As someone who once played as a mercenary captain in one of Val's previous rp's I would say anything beyond 600-750 is going into areas of absurdity. Even then, mine were entirely infantry and started in Essos, where there is a near constant demand for mercenaries, whereas they are rarely hired in Westeros.

Apps will be looked over now.

I have reduced it to 375 strong. Would it have reasonably been able to replenish itself over 4 years? You should know what I mean, when you read my RP example on the google document.
My Political Compass:

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:58 am

North America Inc wrote:Hey OP can you update the character roster so new people arent confused.

Already taken care of. Now, I'm going to look over these apps.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Albertae wrote:Name: Malen
Appearance: https://gyazo.com/1befb6aa94560d585ec282c50f5449f4
Biography::
He was faced with either the removal of his hand. Instead, the Pentosi noble fled back to Pentos, taking Malen with him.

As he was escaping, he came upon the lady.

until he came upon a band of mercenaries.
RP Example: Geez, I honestly don't have any good examples from back then. I just participated in a lot of Great Franconia's RPs and my posts were crap.

Something hopefully better --> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14sN ... sp=sharing

1. So he's Volantese, yet he looks like a man from the North. You don't state where the mother is from, so I assume she's from Westeros? I figured he would have silver hair (minus the purple eyes) due to the Volantis blood. Genetics are very vital in ASOIAF, so I think it would be best if you changed his appearance.
2. I noticed you cut out the decision he had, yet still kept the "hand remove". It reads very strange, did you mean to cut the decision entirely? I don't think it would make much sense for the slaver to give him a decision on the matter. He'd either cut off the hand, enslave him, or both.
3. By Lady, I assume you mean the wife of the slaver? Not entirely sure what you meant by this, just want to clear it up.
4. You still need a name for the company.
5. Okay, we all can agree we had terrible posts during France's RPs. I went back to the Robert's Rebellion (my first RP) and oh boy... found good stuff. Hey, Eraus.
Eraus wrote:
Ironrath Castle, The North
(Image)

Thorren Forrester
"What do you mean The Starks were Murdered" He Screamed at the messenger. " They think they are Still strong, Well they don't have dragons anymore. Without Dragons they are just a bunch of White Hair Sibling Fuckers." Thorren said as he got his coat. "Get Commander Jon and get a few Ravens. Tell Jon to meet me just outside of the Castle gates" He said to his Squire. He Marched himself out of the Castle and when his Guards saw he was leaving they were ready to follow him. He motioned for them to stop and after a few minutes Jon came out and stood silently next to him. " Lord Stark and Brandon are Dead. Eddard is now our Lord." He said to Jon who was in shocked by the news.

"My Lord, What did you call me out here for." Jon said as he looked out into the Forest at night. " Muster the men. Lord Eddard will be calling for us soon. We are about to fight the Iron Throne. May the Gods watch over us for this is a War we will lose." He said " Rodrick is Somewhere in the South, He must of heard of this. When He sends a raven prepare to tell him that he is needed back home. This war will take a Toll, I just hope it don't come up to the north." He said as he headed back inside.

To Lord Eddard Stark,
I am Loyal to your Family and to the North. What the Mad King did shows that he wants to fight and as Northerners we will Fight. I have 2000 men which I can muster. They are Trained and Able to fight and I can conscript men from the Villages in Wolfswood if we are in need but that is a last resort. I am by your side in this sad and dark time but I ask one thing, My Heir is somewhere in the South and I ask that you help me find him for he could help us in this war. I also ask that I keep one of the Targaryen Women as a Prisoner for Trivia purposes mostly.

Your Example was great, so just fix these minor issues and you're Accepted
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:House Name: House Croose
House Seat: The Crossroads(red dot BTW)
Approx Number of military at command: About 200 pikes, Lord Croose has a fetish for spears.
the Kingsroad

On other family members, there's the current Maester of the castle, Maester Croose, knows things, except on how to procure moon tea, he knows the stuff, but seems to have difficulty procuring one, he's also Pywyck's most trusted in the castle. All in all, quite a tight family.

Roleplay Example: In the sig

1. I think it would be best to change the name of your House Seat, as there's an Inn called "The Inn at the Crossroads" thus this could become very confusing.

2. Small minor issue, you say your house seat's roads would become part of the Roseroad, and Kingsroad. Yet, the Kingsroad would be no where near your house's seat. It goes from Storm's End to King's Landing, To Winterfell and finally The Wall. Same with the Roseroad, it does not go through Blackwater Rush. The only great road near your seat would the Goldroad. Your roads would have to be VERY long to reach the Roseroad and Kingsroad.

3. Quoting Jhet, "How did they manage to get the strings in place to force the maesters to assign a family member to the Crossroads? No one apart from the Hightowers have that kind of power."
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Name: Pywyck
Though good in scheming, he is honorable and vengeful.

certain Alyssa, and her birthing his first son Warwyck.

He was knighted, a buff to his honorable side. Not much happened after then, but now, fast forward to the present, he will have the plot of a lifetime, scheming around the beginning of the great game.
RP Example: In the sig

1. That's a big contradiction. You can't be both honorable and a schemer, they are complete opposites of each other. Being an honorable schemer would mean you get a plot going, then tell the person you plotting against what you're doing. Being honorable is being truthful.
2. Certain Alyssa. Does this mean something? You didn't state which House she's from, is she important in anyway that you have to point this out?
3. See point 1.
Yaana Noore wrote:Name: Edmyn Tully.
Military Strength: 6,000 at a guess.
yet another foreign invader, and wishes to bring about a Riverlands ruled over by Riverlanders.

Hey. This is some good stuff as always, Yaana. However....
1. Lower the manpower to 2,900. The Hoare's have been draining the Riverlands, thus I think the manpower should be lower for now.
2. Edmyn doesn't want the Riverlands ruled by another foreign invader, yet in canon he was the first to side with Aegon. I think I'm misreading this or you stated this oddly.

Besides that, Accepted
North America Inc wrote:Who are you[/align][/box]

Skills: Ascar: Master Strategist, and Tactical genius. Trade specialist and budding 'economist.' Some skill in Westoros sword fighting, prefers Water-dancing.

Rina: Wife of a Lannister, great manipulator of the Court.
Weaponry (If any): Braavosi Water Sword and a Lannister Long Sword.
Military Strength:
3-4 thousand men.
Biography:
Three years before the birth of Ascar, after the aftermath of a local peasant revolt, Robert paid a visit to a local fortuneteller and witch of the Forest, demanding to know what his fortune has for him. The witch who appeared to him as a beautiful seductress and to his men as a ghastly spectre, told him of a child of his seed that will run his House, perfect in every way.

By the time his ship made port at Lannisport, Robert had became a bed ridden and crazy old man. Comforted by his children and his own ailing wife, each hating him within varying degrees.

Riding throughout the Westerlands, he failed to rally a single house to his cause, with some even seeking his death, but was able to rally two hundred men from villages and his own personal connections.

Charres and his men were slaughtered that day, with House Reyne receiving few casualties.

-------------- -----------------
The two guards and the servant were beheaded,[/box]

Alright, few issues to talk about.
1. Not sure what the "Who are you" is suppose to be. Is that suppose to be their house words? If I were to take the Rains of Castamere and use it to make their words I would use, "The Lion Still has Claws."
2. I'm actually fine with with 3,900.
3. You forgot Red Rain
4. I don't think this "witch" would appear as anything to the regular soldiers. The Milk of the Poppy doesn't go that crazy, but I'll let the King seeing her differently be fine. The standard soldiers should just see her as an old crazy woman who lives in the woods.
5. Braavos to Lannisport would take almost a year or two by sea (not counting pirate attacks in the Stepstones, storms, etc.) I think the Lord would of have died by the time he arrived.
6. Charres has been at Castamere, and been tutoring under his father. I doubt there wouldn't be a single person to help him. Either he would of made some allies loyal to him, or a different house would of seen the political advantages of helping him. Imagine having the Lord of Castamere under your thumb, that you could take resources from. Perhaps the Tarbecks or the Westerlings would of attempted something, either by sending men, supplies or gold.
7. Okay, so it's confirmed that Ascar is a kinslayer.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse